Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » Pre-release Archive » Rumors
User Name
Password
xDxOxNx
04-20-2006, 10:34 PM

First off, sorry I made a new thread about this, but I feel that this hasn't been said....and if it has, oh well.

Think of this from a more logistical perspective. If you were a band that spent thousands of dollars on the production of a new album....why on earth would it be a "decoy"? To pull one over on the fans so we can all be blown away by the "real" album? Haha, you got us!! Oh, wait! Didn't we all steal this album? Ok, so I guess Tool is saying that it is really ok for us to steal their hard work, oops...I mean decoy. Come on!!

The decoy theory is very anti-cost productive. Think about how much it cost to make this so called "decoy". The only way they could ever possibly regain their loss is if they actually release this album in May! Even if you don't think this is their greatest album, it still took alot of blood, sweet and tears to produce.

This is the REAL album. It may not be what you are expecting (what Tool album was?), just do yourself a favor and be happy with what you got....Also, make sure you go out and buy the album when it is released!

piece out

Don
Old 04-20-2006, 10:34 PM   #1
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Come ON!!

First off, sorry I made a new thread about this, but I feel that this hasn't been said....and if it has, oh well.

Think of this from a more logistical perspective. If you were a band that spent thousands of dollars on the production of a new album....why on earth would it be a "decoy"? To pull one over on the fans so we can all be blown away by the "real" album? Haha, you got us!! Oh, wait! Didn't we all steal this album? Ok, so I guess Tool is saying that it is really ok for us to steal their hard work, oops...I mean decoy. Come on!!

The decoy theory is very anti-cost productive. Think about how much it cost to make this so called "decoy". The only way they could ever possibly regain their loss is if they actually release this album in May! Even if you don't think this is their greatest album, it still took alot of blood, sweet and tears to produce.

This is the REAL album. It may not be what you are expecting (what Tool album was?), just do yourself a favor and be happy with what you got....Also, make sure you go out and buy the album when it is released!

piece out

Don
OFFLINE |  
Indian
04-20-2006, 10:39 PM

Unreleased material?
Old 04-20-2006, 10:39 PM   #2
On Probation

Bincount™: 39
Re: Come ON!!

Unreleased material?
OFFLINE |  
SoulEdge's Avatar SoulEdge
04-20-2006, 10:42 PM

How many decoy threads have been started? Near 7 or 8?
Old 04-20-2006, 10:42 PM   #3
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 19

How many decoy threads have been started? Near 7 or 8?
04-20-2006, 10:44 PM

this is some avarage avarage music
Old 04-20-2006, 10:44 PM   #4
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 2

this is some avarage avarage music
OFFLINE |  
genome's Avatar genome
04-20-2006, 10:58 PM

I think I've actually decided not to go see them on tour this time. I've been waiting in anticipation for years, but from what I've heard and the ticket prices at $170, I'm just gonna steal the album, stay home, drink my anger away and have some good old fashioned sex.
Old 04-20-2006, 10:58 PM   #5
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1

I think I've actually decided not to go see them on tour this time. I've been waiting in anticipation for years, but from what I've heard and the ticket prices at $170, I'm just gonna steal the album, stay home, drink my anger away and have some good old fashioned sex.
04-20-2006, 11:11 PM

I know there have been many threads about decoy, I just wanted to offer a different perspective.

Why would any band use unreleased material as a decoy, especially when, in my opinion, the music is album worthy. So, why would you leak out album worthy material?

I'm done....a co-worker is standing behind me trying to confuse the shit outta me.

good night
Old 04-20-2006, 11:11 PM   #6
Level 2 - Poster

I know there have been many threads about decoy, I just wanted to offer a different perspective.

Why would any band use unreleased material as a decoy, especially when, in my opinion, the music is album worthy. So, why would you leak out album worthy material?

I'm done....a co-worker is standing behind me trying to confuse the shit outta me.

good night
OFFLINE |  
trip0r
04-20-2006, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDxOxNx

piece out

Don
You forgot one key phrase.. IN YOUR OPINION this is the real album. I am not saying either way. And if these are just unfinished or incomplete tracks (which some definitely feel like) it would only take a couple of hours to edit these.

I'm just tired of people saying this IS is ISN'T. Are you one of the handful of people that may be able to asnwer this question based on anyhting other than speculation? If so I apologize.. If not..
Old 04-20-2006, 11:15 PM   #7
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:

piece out

Don
You forgot one key phrase.. IN YOUR OPINION this is the real album. I am not saying either way. And if these are just unfinished or incomplete tracks (which some definitely feel like) it would only take a couple of hours to edit these.

I'm just tired of people saying this IS is ISN'T. Are you one of the handful of people that may be able to asnwer this question based on anyhting other than speculation? If so I apologize.. If not..
OFFLINE |  
Indian
04-20-2006, 11:21 PM

... and sweet dreams xDx
Old 04-20-2006, 11:21 PM   #8
On Probation

Bincount™: 39

... and sweet dreams xDx
OFFLINE |  
no_alternative's Avatar no_alternative
04-21-2006, 12:18 AM

agreed.
what we have is the real deal.
to all those who don't like it...tough cheese...or something.
if you think that its a hoax just because it wasn't what you expected then you're a hairy cock and really have to come to terms with the world not being your tailored to you.
you all really have to come to terms with it.
cheers, and i hope you grow up.
Old 04-21-2006, 12:18 AM   #9
Level 3 - Talker

agreed.
what we have is the real deal.
to all those who don't like it...tough cheese...or something.
if you think that its a hoax just because it wasn't what you expected then you're a hairy cock and really have to come to terms with the world not being your tailored to you.
you all really have to come to terms with it.
cheers, and i hope you grow up.
OFFLINE |  
KFJ
04-21-2006, 12:28 AM

Quote:
First off, sorry I made a new thread about this, but I feel that this hasn't been said...
Only a couple hundred times
Old 04-21-2006, 12:28 AM   #10
KFJ
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
First off, sorry I made a new thread about this, but I feel that this hasn't been said...
Only a couple hundred times
OFFLINE |  
imatoolhed's Avatar imatoolhed
04-21-2006, 04:39 PM

tool lives!!!!!!!!!!!!! I better up my meds. cuz' your starting to make sense...
...i think?
TOYKO!! R.I.P. The Alien Gus
Old 04-21-2006, 04:39 PM   #11
Member Of The Bored (tdn $upporter)

Bincount™: 11897

tool lives!!!!!!!!!!!!! I better up my meds. cuz' your starting to make sense...
...i think?
TOYKO!! R.I.P. The Alien Gus
OFFLINE |  
Rexmentula
04-22-2006, 01:00 AM

NO ONE(except Tool ++) knows if this is the real deal or not, so could everyone just add "I BELIEVE this is/isn't"?
Old 04-22-2006, 01:00 AM   #12
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 3

NO ONE(except Tool ++) knows if this is the real deal or not, so could everyone just add "I BELIEVE this is/isn't"?
OFFLINE |  
knot0fvipers's Avatar knot0fvipers
04-22-2006, 04:00 AM

Quote:

Don
It would cost literally nothing to leak a bunch of old material while potentially saving money through misdirection with people not having the real deal.
Is anyone else into recording music here? The production sucks on everything but vicarious when you listen to it on good studio monitors. Barassi would be fired for anything but vicarious on this. One of the comments i originally heard about the leak was that maynards vocals are to far back in the mix...they are because its remastered old recordings and that would have only been fixable in the mixdown.
Listen to the Pot at 4.34.. 1 2 3 4 1 2 3 4 1 2 3 4...that super straight cymbol hit...
danny could do that in his sleep now.

this isnt "the album"

Last edited by knot0fvipers; 04-22-2006 at 04:27 AM..
Old 04-22-2006, 04:00 AM   #13
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:

Don
It would cost literally nothing to leak a bunch of old material while potentially saving money through misdirection with people not having the real deal.
Is anyone else into recording music here? The production sucks on everything but vicarious when you listen to it on good studio monitors. Barassi would be fired for anything but vicarious on this. One of the comments i originally heard about the leak was that maynards vocals are to far back in the mix...they are because its remastered old recordings and that would have only been fixable in the mixdown.
Listen to the Pot at 4.34.. 1 2 3 4 1 2 3 4 1 2 3 4...that super straight cymbol hit...

this isnt "the album"

Last edited by knot0fvipers; 04-22-2006 at 04:27 AM..
OFFLINE |  
faulty
04-22-2006, 04:32 AM

Quote:

good night

It could be unreleased material+it's album worthy because Tool are just that fucking good. Personaly i'm hoping that this is a decoy just out of pure greed, 2 new Tool albums in 2 weeks would be shit hot
Old 04-22-2006, 04:32 AM   #14
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:

good night

It could be unreleased material+it's album worthy because Tool are just that fucking good. Personaly i'm hoping that this is a decoy just out of pure greed, 2 new Tool albums in 2 weeks would be shit hot
04-22-2006, 05:44 AM

In the past 4 or 5 days I have spent more time on these forums than I have in the past 4 to 5 years combined!!!! Clearly, this music has had a profound impact on me......and I love it!!!
Hoax or not....fuck it, I really don't care!! Concerning TOOL, I have not felt anything, good or bad, quite like this in a very very long time.

In a few years when I pop in the 10000 Days cd, I will reflect upon my time spent here on the forums reading about hoaxes and dual dicks, oops, I mean discs, and have a chuckle (only one though).
Old 04-22-2006, 05:44 AM   #15
Level 2 - Poster

In the past 4 or 5 days I have spent more time on these forums than I have in the past 4 to 5 years combined!!!! Clearly, this music has had a profound impact on me......and I love it!!!
Hoax or not....fuck it, I really don't care!! Concerning TOOL, I have not felt anything, good or bad, quite like this in a very very long time.

In a few years when I pop in the 10000 Days cd, I will reflect upon my time spent here on the forums reading about hoaxes and dual dicks, oops, I mean discs, and have a chuckle (only one though).
OFFLINE |  
Descencia's Avatar Descencia
04-22-2006, 06:47 AM

I think this is all old material except for Vicarious and the band decided to finally release it all and say it's a new album and then there was 5.
Old 04-22-2006, 06:47 AM   #16
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 13

I think this is all old material except for Vicarious and the band decided to finally release it all and say it's a new album and then there was 5.
OFFLINE |  
dwohlfahrt
04-22-2006, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by knot0fvipers

this isnt "the album"
Danny can do pretty much anything in his sleep at this point, and those downbeat hi-hat hits suit the song well during those 8 bars... that proves nothing.

However, to me, there are so many elements of the pot (bass, guitar, and drum parts) that sound very much like certain songs on undertow. To me, The Pot is "the" song on this album that makes me question if this is the album we'll be getting 5/2. Anyhow, I love all of these songs so I'm set either way.

Last edited by dwohlfahrt; 04-22-2006 at 07:29 AM..
Old 04-22-2006, 07:27 AM   #17
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by knot0fvipers

this isnt "the album"
Danny can do pretty much anything in his sleep at this point, and those downbeat hi-hat hits suit the song well during those 8 bars... that proves nothing.

However, to me, there are so many elements of the pot (bass, guitar, and drum parts) that sound very much like certain songs on undertow. To me, The Pot is "the" song on this album that makes me question if this is the album we'll be getting 5/2. Anyhow, I love all of these songs so I'm set either way.

Last edited by dwohlfahrt; 04-22-2006 at 07:29 AM..
OFFLINE |  
layner
04-22-2006, 11:27 AM

[QUOTE=But seriously tickets for the small venue tour are selling for $70 on the average.[/QUOTE]

Long-time listener, er, reader. First-time poster. Tickets for the Denver show (which sold out in roughly 1 minute - online at 10:00 straight up, no tickets left at 10:01) are going for anywhere between $300 - $900, depending on where you look. Gotta love it.
Old 04-22-2006, 11:27 AM   #18
Level 1 - Lurker

[QUOTE=But seriously tickets for the small venue tour are selling for $70 on the average.[/QUOTE]

Long-time listener, er, reader. First-time poster. Tickets for the Denver show (which sold out in roughly 1 minute - online at 10:00 straight up, no tickets left at 10:01) are going for anywhere between $300 - $900, depending on where you look. Gotta love it.
OFFLINE |  

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply