Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » Pre-release Archive » Rumors
User Name
Password
Systolic
03-17-2006, 08:19 PM

Before what is now Indonesia was colonized by the Dutch East India Company, Jambi was the site of a well-established, powerful Srivijayan kingdom that engaged in trade throughout the Strait of Malacca and beyond. It succeeded Palembang to the south, which was a frequent military and economic rival, as the later capital of the ancient kingdom. The move to Jambi was partly induced by the historic 1025 raid by pirates from the Chola region of southern India that destroyed much of Palembang.

In the early decades of the Dutch presence in the region, when the future colonizers were just one of several groups of traders competing with Brits, Chinese, Arabs, and Malays, the Jambi sultanate profitably traded pepper with the Dutch. This relationship declined by about 1770, and the sultanate had little contact with the Dutch for about sixty years.

In 1833, minor conflicts with the Dutch, who were well established in Palembang, meant the Dutch increasingly felt the need to control the actions of Jambi. They coerced Sultan Facharudin to agree to greater Dutch presence in the region and control over trade, although the sultanate remained nominally independent. In 1858 the Dutch, apparently concerned over the risk of competition for control from other foreign powers, invaded Jambi with a force from Batavia. They met little resistance, and Sultan Taha fled to the upriver, inland regions of Jambi. The Dutch installed a puppet ruler, Nazarudin, in the lower region, which included the capital city. For the next forty years Taha maintained the upriver kingdom, and slowly reextended his influence over the lower regions through political agreements and marriage connections. In 1904, however, the Dutch were stronger and, as a part of a larger campaign to consolidate control over the entire archipelago, soldiers finally managed to capture and kill Taha, and in 1906, the entire area was brought under direct colonial management.
Old 03-17-2006, 08:19 PM   #121
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 862
Re: Myriad

Before what is now Indonesia was colonized by the Dutch East India Company, Jambi was the site of a well-established, powerful Srivijayan kingdom that engaged in trade throughout the Strait of Malacca and beyond. It succeeded Palembang to the south, which was a frequent military and economic rival, as the later capital of the ancient kingdom. The move to Jambi was partly induced by the historic 1025 raid by pirates from the Chola region of southern India that destroyed much of Palembang.

In the early decades of the Dutch presence in the region, when the future colonizers were just one of several groups of traders competing with Brits, Chinese, Arabs, and Malays, the Jambi sultanate profitably traded pepper with the Dutch. This relationship declined by about 1770, and the sultanate had little contact with the Dutch for about sixty years.

In 1833, minor conflicts with the Dutch, who were well established in Palembang, meant the Dutch increasingly felt the need to control the actions of Jambi. They coerced Sultan Facharudin to agree to greater Dutch presence in the region and control over trade, although the sultanate remained nominally independent. In 1858 the Dutch, apparently concerned over the risk of competition for control from other foreign powers, invaded Jambi with a force from Batavia. They met little resistance, and Sultan Taha fled to the upriver, inland regions of Jambi. The Dutch installed a puppet ruler, Nazarudin, in the lower region, which included the capital city. For the next forty years Taha maintained the upriver kingdom, and slowly reextended his influence over the lower regions through political agreements and marriage connections. In 1904, however, the Dutch were stronger and, as a part of a larger campaign to consolidate control over the entire archipelago, soldiers finally managed to capture and kill Taha, and in 1906, the entire area was brought under direct colonial management.
03-17-2006, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizz441
THat would be incredibly clever and would be nearly impossible to decipher. I guess Blair would enjoy telling us the REAL title and tracklists and then claim he never really was lying since all the words were just in a different form
Exactly.

Uh, Systolic, is there anything interesting to read in that? I skimmed through it...
Old 03-17-2006, 08:19 PM   #122
On Probation

Bincount™: 8929

Quote:
THat would be incredibly clever and would be nearly impossible to decipher. I guess Blair would enjoy telling us the REAL title and tracklists and then claim he never really was lying since all the words were just in a different form
Exactly.

Uh, Systolic, is there anything interesting to read in that? I skimmed through it...
OFFLINE |  
Ocelot199's Avatar Ocelot199
03-17-2006, 08:21 PM

I can't find that picture on Archive.org :/
Old 03-17-2006, 08:21 PM   #123
On Probation

I can't find that picture on Archive.org :/
OFFLINE |  
Systolic
03-17-2006, 08:22 PM

Quote:

I know lots of people hate Pain of Salvation.. but their newest album, BE, has all of the titles in Latin, rather than english. Daniel Gildenlow said that the band did it that way to keep people from judging the meanings of the songs without having to research...
Old 03-17-2006, 08:22 PM   #124
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:

I know lots of people hate Pain of Salvation.. but their newest album, BE, has all of the titles in Latin, rather than english. Daniel Gildenlow said that the band did it that way to keep people from judging the meanings of the songs without having to research...
03-17-2006, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocelot199
Exactly.

Thats why i posted it... I wanted to see if anyone could tie anything together.
Old 03-17-2006, 08:22 PM   #125
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:
Exactly.

Thats why i posted it... I wanted to see if anyone could tie anything together.
03-17-2006, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Systolic
If you read Sigur Ros's translated lyrics, they're incredibly emo and sappy.... yet I still love the band cause I can't understand what Jonssi is saying when he sings.

So yeah, it works.
Old 03-17-2006, 08:23 PM   #126
On Probation

Quote:
If you read Sigur Ros's translated lyrics, they're incredibly emo and sappy.... yet I still love the band cause I can't understand what Jonssi is saying when he sings.

So yeah, it works.
OFFLINE |  
RacecaR123
03-17-2006, 08:26 PM

I SERIOUSLY believe we should maybe focus more on this : 34D243334D117

I mean if it's a code...it's obviously of utmost importance? All of these ideas are great and make perfect sense, but I have an odd feeling about cracking this code.
Old 03-17-2006, 08:26 PM   #127
On Probation

Bincount™: 5

I mean if it's a code...it's obviously of utmost importance? All of these ideas are great and make perfect sense, but I have an odd feeling about cracking this code.
OFFLINE |  
Ryan's Avatar Ryan
03-17-2006, 08:26 PM

Old 03-17-2006, 08:26 PM   #128
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 3996

03-17-2006, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacecaR123

Could be a tab-like thing for guitar. D being open D string, rest of the notes on D. Or something.

Or its a barcode, like I said before.

When you put it into Google, it looks like some people at the APC forums had a nice discussion about it. None of the links to it work anymore, though :/
Old 03-17-2006, 08:30 PM   #129
On Probation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacecaR123

Could be a tab-like thing for guitar. D being open D string, rest of the notes on D. Or something.

When you put it into Google, it looks like some people at the APC forums had a nice discussion about it. None of the links to it work anymore, though :/
OFFLINE |  
dragonlink2's Avatar dragonlink2
03-17-2006, 08:33 PM

Quote:

I'll play it on my guitar right now and see if it could be a riff
Old 03-17-2006, 08:33 PM   #130
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 57

Quote:

I'll play it on my guitar right now and see if it could be a riff
03-17-2006, 08:35 PM

Kind of hard to do, seeing as you don't know the timing or sound you're aiming for... but Blair did say to 'tap it out', to... worth a shot.
Old 03-17-2006, 08:35 PM   #131
On Probation

Kind of hard to do, seeing as you don't know the timing or sound you're aiming for... but Blair did say to 'tap it out', to... worth a shot.
OFFLINE |  
03-17-2006, 08:37 PM

well if played on the first three strings and semi fast, its an okay heavyish riff

but if played with 5 strings d chords and broken up a little, it sounds kinda middle eastern, though the 5 string d chords kinda all do
Old 03-17-2006, 08:37 PM   #132

well if played on the first three strings and semi fast, its an okay heavyish riff

but if played with 5 strings d chords and broken up a little, it sounds kinda middle eastern, though the 5 string d chords kinda all do

OH SHIT!!!

Wait, Blair was talking about 34D243334D117 and morse code. Translate that to morse code, and tap out the beat it makes.
Old 03-17-2006, 08:37 PM   #133
On Probation

OH SHIT!!!

Wait, Blair was talking about 34D243334D117 and morse code. Translate that to morse code, and tap out the beat it makes.
OFFLINE |  
Systolic

In the case of the spacecraft that allegedly crashed in the American southwest in 1947... conveniently so close to a military facility (and not just any military base *nudge*), the glyphs embossed on the H and I beams resembled letters of the classical Greek alphabetic script (with Greek-like letters reported elsewhere in connection with alleged trans-mundane writing). Of course, nearly everyone considers Santilli's controversial 'Magdalena' footage to be bogus, and point out that the classical Greek letters and/or proto-Phoenician script, if that's what it is, appear to spell out in English the word "video." (NOTE: With its combination of strange alien symbols, classical Greek, [proto] Phoenician and modern day English, did anyone ever consider that what 'crashed' was a Rosetta Stone of sorts?) All I can say is that you haven't seen what I have. Danny saw it, too... in Mesquite... the first dissection, which was far better...the humanoid appearing even freakier looking than Michael Jackson..." "Danny saw it, too?" one the ladies asked... "Well there's a Tool connection for the Tool newsletter." "I know that. Hell, there are lots of connections. Camella here is married to Adam and Diablo is their dog. Scott was damn near the new bass player after Paul left... and Danny's new electronic drums were Vince's brainchild... not to mention that new dimension beam contraption that will enable Danny to play without drumsticks. Need I continue?.. And Scott's now in Butcher with Camella who is married to Adam and Diablo is their dog..." That's when the Vicodin (or was it a Xan-bar*?) kicked in. And, so instead of smores, there were snores as one by one we retired to our respective tents (and I'm positive that's when they resumed 'testing' the TR-3B).
Old 03-17-2006, 08:37 PM   #134
Level 9 - Obstreperous

In the case of the spacecraft that allegedly crashed in the American southwest in 1947... conveniently so close to a military facility (and not just any military base *nudge*), the glyphs embossed on the H and I beams resembled letters of the classical Greek alphabetic script (with Greek-like letters reported elsewhere in connection with alleged trans-mundane writing). Of course, nearly everyone considers Santilli's controversial 'Magdalena' footage to be bogus, and point out that the classical Greek letters and/or proto-Phoenician script, if that's what it is, appear to spell out in English the word "video." (NOTE: With its combination of strange alien symbols, classical Greek, [proto] Phoenician and modern day English, did anyone ever consider that what 'crashed' was a Rosetta Stone of sorts?) All I can say is that you haven't seen what I have. Danny saw it, too... in Mesquite... the first dissection, which was far better...the humanoid appearing even freakier looking than Michael Jackson..." "Danny saw it, too?" one the ladies asked... "Well there's a Tool connection for the Tool newsletter." "I know that. Hell, there are lots of connections. Camella here is married to Adam and Diablo is their dog. Scott was damn near the new bass player after Paul left... and Danny's new electronic drums were Vince's brainchild... not to mention that new dimension beam contraption that will enable Danny to play without drumsticks. Need I continue?.. And Scott's now in Butcher with Camella who is married to Adam and Diablo is their dog..." That's when the Vicodin (or was it a Xan-bar*?) kicked in. And, so instead of smores, there were snores as one by one we retired to our respective tents (and I'm positive that's when they resumed 'testing' the TR-3B).
03-17-2006, 08:38 PM

Quote:
OH SHIT!!!

Kids, I hate to break it to you, but 34D-24-33 are Miss July 2004's measurements.
Old 03-17-2006, 08:38 PM   #135
STA
Banned.

Bincount™: 11285

Quote:
OH SHIT!!!

Kids, I hate to break it to you, but 34D-24-33 are Miss July 2004's measurements.
OFFLINE |  
Systolic

Check THAT out... Reference to Rosetta stone.. AND a barbecue....
Old 03-17-2006, 08:38 PM   #136
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Check THAT out... Reference to Rosetta stone.. AND a barbecue....

Quote:
OH SHIT!!!

http://morsecode.scphillips.com/jtranslator.html

paste it in there and hit play, sounds neat
Old 03-17-2006, 08:38 PM   #137

Quote:
OH SHIT!!!

03-17-2006, 08:39 PM

34D243334D117 = ...-- ....- -.. ..--- ....- ...- ...- ...- ....- -.. .---- .---- --...

Could be some beat or something...
Old 03-17-2006, 08:39 PM   #138
On Probation

34D243334D117 = ...-- ....- -.. ..--- ....- ...- ...- ...- ....- -.. .---- .---- --...

Could be some beat or something...
OFFLINE |  
Systolic
03-17-2006, 08:40 PM

Look at what I just found!! Look up!
Old 03-17-2006, 08:40 PM   #139
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Look at what I just found!! Look up!
03-17-2006, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonlink2

That could DEFINATELY be something. Its pretty damn musical.
Old 03-17-2006, 08:41 PM   #140
On Probation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonlink2

OFFLINE |  
03-17-2006, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Oh no SHIT!

Good job dude. Holy crap...

Edit: This definately supports Myriadiem... along with the current tracklisting. But at least the name of the album is brought into question.
Old 03-17-2006, 08:42 PM   #141
On Probation

Quote:
Oh no SHIT!

Good job dude. Holy crap...

Edit: This definately supports Myriadiem... along with the current tracklisting. But at least the name of the album is brought into question.
OFFLINE |  
rsh's Avatar rsh
03-17-2006, 08:42 PM

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Old 03-17-2006, 08:42 PM   #142
rsh
be happy with what
you have to be happy with
Suicide Booth ID: 2

Bincount™: 18992

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
03-17-2006, 08:43 PM

Quote:
You guys, seriously, listen to me, I can save you lots of time. Look at the context in which Blair mentions 34D243334D117. Read the paragraphs that come before it. He's talking about Playboy's 2004 Miss July's measurements: 34D-24-33.

http://biography.freeones.com/html/s...ie_Glasson.php

Last edited by STA; 03-17-2006 at 10:35 PM..
Old 03-17-2006, 08:43 PM   #143
STA
Banned.

Quote:
You guys, seriously, listen to me, I can save you lots of time. Look at the context in which Blair mentions 34D243334D117. Read the paragraphs that come before it. He's talking about Playboy's 2004 Miss July's measurements: 34D-24-33.

http://biography.freeones.com/html/s...ie_Glasson.php

Last edited by STA; 03-17-2006 at 10:35 PM..
OFFLINE |  
03-17-2006, 08:43 PM

and it changes time signatures about a billion (okay maybe ten) times
Old 03-17-2006, 08:43 PM   #144

and it changes time signatures about a billion (okay maybe ten) times
03-17-2006, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow to Anima
... As posted by Blair? Maybe he was trying to be coy about it. Look up Playboy's Miss July 2004 and see if those are her actual measurments.
Old 03-17-2006, 08:44 PM   #145
On Probation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow to Anima
... As posted by Blair? Maybe he was trying to be coy about it. Look up Playboy's Miss July 2004 and see if those are her actual measurments.
OFFLINE |  
STA's Avatar STA
03-17-2006, 08:45 PM

Quote:
They are. See the link I provided above.
Old 03-17-2006, 08:45 PM   #146
STA
Banned.

Quote:
They are. See the link I provided above.
OFFLINE |  
03-17-2006, 08:46 PM

She has very musical measurments, then.

So whats the 34D117?
Old 03-17-2006, 08:46 PM   #147
On Probation

She has very musical measurments, then.

So whats the 34D117?
OFFLINE |  
STA's Avatar STA
03-17-2006, 08:47 PM

And 117 is her weight in pounds.
Old 03-17-2006, 08:47 PM   #148
STA
Banned.

And 117 is her weight in pounds.
OFFLINE |  
STA's Avatar STA
03-17-2006, 08:47 PM

Old 03-17-2006, 08:47 PM   #149
STA
Banned.

OFFLINE |  
03-17-2006, 08:49 PM

Why was Blair talking about her in the first place? I mean, he usually talks about some random shit... but that all seems to somehow come back to the band in some way or another.
Old 03-17-2006, 08:49 PM   #150
On Probation

Why was Blair talking about her in the first place? I mean, he usually talks about some random shit... but that all seems to somehow come back to the band in some way or another.
OFFLINE |  
Systolic
03-17-2006, 08:51 PM

Quote:

ONE more thing I have noticed...

Throughout ALL of the 2005 Newletters, there are VERY sporadic numbers and letters underlined...

Just browse through them and look for yourself...

When I try and paste it here the underlines disappear, so you'll have to see this on your own. I'll give you some links in a sec.
Old 03-17-2006, 08:51 PM   #151
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:

Throughout ALL of the 2005 Newletters, there are VERY sporadic numbers and letters underlined...

When I try and paste it here the underlines disappear, so you'll have to see this on your own. I'll give you some links in a sec.
03-17-2006, 08:57 PM

Old 03-17-2006, 08:57 PM   #152
Level 9 - Obstreperous

03-17-2006, 08:57 PM

Myriadian (pronounced meridian?) sounds like a sequel to Lateralus to me...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meridian_%28geography%29
http://theamt.com/modules.php?name=N...rticle&sid=211

Last edited by Winston; 03-17-2006 at 08:59 PM..
Old 03-17-2006, 08:57 PM   #153
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 5

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meridian_%28geography%29
http://theamt.com/modules.php?name=N...rticle&sid=211

Last edited by Winston; 03-17-2006 at 08:59 PM..
OFFLINE |  
Anomaly's Avatar Anomaly
03-17-2006, 08:59 PM

MYRIADYEARS?

now theres an adam jones imposter "anothertediousjaunt" A T J

http://10000-days.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=96

i quote the facade-

Posted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 10:23 pm Post subject: Running the jauntlet

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ADAM IM-POSTER writes:

It seems some of you have used the past and found very little. But what else was to be expected?

The visual mixture has been sending a pleasing scent through the house for awhile now - but why?

You're concerned with identity. But by doing so, you are stabbing the ally while he is running.

There may be pretenders abound but some of you are starting to figure it out. Rewarded will be those who are.

Take your hands, dig deeper.

You have all heard the message thus far but it's sad to see that few have listened.

I'll help you, but only if there's tragedy afoot.

Speculate - comprehend - visualies - communicate - love.

Start here.

-------------------
POSTER:gullibly writes ton the he "webdesignvermont.com" owned 10,000 days board

so youre saying that much of what has been put forth from the band is legit? we all want the truth, and we are all looking for it, but it is right in our face?
---------------------

ADAM IM-POSTER REPLIES:

I see your skepticism and I feel your anger.

The message is right there... it's been there all along... and it is in play right now.

The truth is right in front of you. It has been rediscovered and fits. Afterall, you will notice a thematic thread through the last two Tool albums. Were there really people running around in there? Were they alone?

Or was it that one piece described the division and second provided the reconciliation?

What is there left?

Or is life imitating art?

Besides... theatricality has always been a part of the message and it would be foolish to assume that it stops when you've ejected your disc from the player.

Can you hear me?

Further more, who is to say who is a character? But we urge you to listen to the albums again... take note of subjects... follow the flowing nature of the lyrics... maybe there is a hidden story underneath it all that begs for a conclusion, but is not possible unless YOU are involved.

Speculate

comprehend

visualize

communicate

love
Old 03-17-2006, 08:59 PM   #154
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 25

MYRIADYEARS?

now theres an adam jones imposter "anothertediousjaunt" A T J

http://10000-days.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=96

i quote the facade-

Posted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 10:23 pm Post subject: Running the jauntlet

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ADAM IM-POSTER writes:

It seems some of you have used the past and found very little. But what else was to be expected?

The visual mixture has been sending a pleasing scent through the house for awhile now - but why?

You're concerned with identity. But by doing so, you are stabbing the ally while he is running.

There may be pretenders abound but some of you are starting to figure it out. Rewarded will be those who are.

Take your hands, dig deeper.

You have all heard the message thus far but it's sad to see that few have listened.

I'll help you, but only if there's tragedy afoot.

Speculate - comprehend - visualies - communicate - love.

Start here.

-------------------
POSTER:gullibly writes ton the he "webdesignvermont.com" owned 10,000 days board

so youre saying that much of what has been put forth from the band is legit? we all want the truth, and we are all looking for it, but it is right in our face?
---------------------

ADAM IM-POSTER REPLIES:

I see your skepticism and I feel your anger.

The message is right there... it's been there all along... and it is in play right now.

The truth is right in front of you. It has been rediscovered and fits. Afterall, you will notice a thematic thread through the last two Tool albums. Were there really people running around in there? Were they alone?

Or was it that one piece described the division and second provided the reconciliation?

What is there left?

Or is life imitating art?

Besides... theatricality has always been a part of the message and it would be foolish to assume that it stops when you've ejected your disc from the player.

Can you hear me?

Further more, who is to say who is a character? But we urge you to listen to the albums again... take note of subjects... follow the flowing nature of the lyrics... maybe there is a hidden story underneath it all that begs for a conclusion, but is not possible unless YOU are involved.

Speculate

comprehend

visualize

communicate

love
03-17-2006, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winston

[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meridian_%28geography%29[\url]
[url]http://theamt.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=211[\url]
I would pronounce it "Merry-add-ee-an".
Old 03-17-2006, 08:59 PM   #155
On Probation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winston

[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meridian_%28geography%29[\url]
[url]http://theamt.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=211[\url]
I would pronounce it "Merry-add-ee-an".
OFFLINE |  
Sauniere
03-17-2006, 09:01 PM

Quote:

Just a quick thought......those symbols that appear in most of the photos in the newsletters....any significance?
Old 03-17-2006, 09:01 PM   #156
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 7

Quote:

Just a quick thought......those symbols that appear in most of the photos in the newsletters....any significance?
OFFLINE |  
Systolic
03-17-2006, 09:01 PM

Jesus Christ... I dont know how much more of this shit I can take...
Old 03-17-2006, 09:01 PM   #157
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Jesus Christ... I dont know how much more of this shit I can take...
03-17-2006, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Weird...

Dunno what to make of that, really... Obviously Blairs trying to say something, but how can you know what? I mean... it wouldn't be as simple as putting all the underlined stuff together into a word, or something like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anomaly
MYRIADYEARS?
Thats kind of interesting... I don't think thats Adam though, just some guy pretending he knows more than anyone else.
Old 03-17-2006, 09:02 PM   #158
On Probation

Quote:
Weird...

Dunno what to make of that, really... Obviously Blairs trying to say something, but how can you know what? I mean... it wouldn't be as simple as putting all the underlined stuff together into a word, or something like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anomaly
MYRIADYEARS?
Thats kind of interesting... I don't think thats Adam though, just some guy pretending he knows more than anyone else.
OFFLINE |  
03-17-2006, 09:07 PM

Why is Dan the admin of the www.10000-days.com forum?
Old 03-17-2006, 09:07 PM   #159
On Probation

OFFLINE |  
Systolic
03-17-2006, 09:11 PM

Quote:
I have wondered that very thing since the site came out.
Old 03-17-2006, 09:11 PM   #160
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:
I have wondered that very thing since the site came out.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply