opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Live » Live Discussion
User Name
Password
Closed Thread
Old 08-04-2006, 06:30 AM   #41
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/09/30 - Washington D.C. - Verizon Arena

i got totally f#@%ed by ticketmaster. i got in immediately and i have high speed access. yet it went from waiting under 1 minute to waiting 15 minutes or more. then i finally got seats in 215, which isn't bad at all, and then ticketmaster lost my order in the confirmation phase. so i ended up in 411, which is disturbingly far away. on the bright side, at least i'm in the first couple rows of my section and tickets are much cheaper this way. most importantly though, i'm still going to see TOOL. they better play 10k days now though, heh.
Old 08-04-2006, 06:31 AM   #42
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 293

anyone here get floor? I've got sec 100, but thats the best i've done yet.
GO TO HELL TICKETMASTER
Old 08-04-2006, 06:35 AM   #43
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 17

Man, I didn't even notice that this tour date had been posted until 15 minutes ago....15 minutes after tickets went on sale. Now the best available is section 202, row H, for $55.00 plus bullshit fees. BAH.

I hope they come to Virginia Beach soon. When they do....I'll be ready.

edit: And when I say "now," I mean 15 minutes ago when I checked =(
Richmond - Richmond Coliseum. 6-7-07
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-04-2006, 06:39 AM   #44
Level 3 - Talker

I have 12 row floor, I am willing to trade 4 for 2 better tickts on the floor.
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-04-2006, 06:40 AM   #45

Bincount™: 2

I got fucked by ticketmaster too. Ended up in section 416. Fuck.
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-04-2006, 06:44 AM   #46
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeisilluminati
I have 12 row floor, I am willing to trade 4 for 2 better tickts on the floor.
You have floor tix already? and want to trade for better floor tix? you are the only person to post so far with floor. I have been trying from two windows for 45 min, and no floor for me.
Old 08-04-2006, 06:50 AM   #47
jwb
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaG3aH0liC
You have floor tix already? and want to trade for better floor tix? you are the only person to post so far with floor. I have been trying from two windows for 45 min, and no floor for me.
Keep trying, some great seats for the Camden show mysteriously came open about an hour after they went for sale. Mainly singles, but still in the first couple sections from the stage.
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-04-2006, 06:55 AM   #48
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwb
Keep trying, some great seats for the Camden show mysteriously came open about an hour after they went for sale. Mainly singles, but still in the first couple sections from the stage.
Yea, I know, I got tix to the Camden show, too. But not floor there, either. I am still searching, but no luck on floor tix. Section 100 is still the best I have done, and I bought those already. It's a Ticketmaster scam to get ppl like me to buy multiple sets of tix.
Old 08-04-2006, 07:02 AM   #49
jwb
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:
Yea, I know, I got tix to the Camden show, too. But not floor there, either. I am still searching, but no luck on floor tix. Section 100 is still the best I have done, and I bought those already. It's a Ticketmaster scam to get ppl like me to buy multiple sets of tix.
I might of messed up. I gave up my 120 and 110 seats in hopes of getting on the floor. Nothing but crap since.
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-04-2006, 07:08 AM   #50

Bincount™: 2

I'm so pissed at myself. I grabbed tickets for 416 because i thought thats the best I was going to get and I panicked. I just tried through livenation a few minutes ago and got section 101 FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK. I hate myself now. I hate fucking ticketmaster. Now I'm fucking stuck with tickets way up in the fucking nosebleeds practically, and I could have been pretty fucking close to the floor. Like the guy above me said, it's a damn scam to get you to buy multiple sets of tickets. I'd never be able to get rid of the 416 ones and I'd have wasted nearly 200 bucks.
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-04-2006, 07:10 AM   #51
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
anyone here get floor? I've got sec 100, but thats the best i've done yet.
GO TO HELL TICKETMASTER
I'm in section 105, row F, seats 9-11. I'm on the floor and I'm not very tall so this should be fun. Oh well at least it'll be great seeing them in such a big venue as opposed to the May show at the Tower Theatre in Philly. I'm looking forward to it
Old 08-04-2006, 07:14 AM   #52
Level 1 - Lurker

#*$*%^*ing Ticketbastards. How the hell do I not get floor seats when I'm online to buy them the very first second they're available.

If anyone has floor seats they want to sell at a somewhat reasonable price, please let me know. I've seen Tool at the Paladium back when they didn't do the megacenters so I'm jaded on anything but floor seats.

Thanks!
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-04-2006, 07:15 AM   #53
jwb
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Better seats coming open. Just got section 101 row C
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-04-2006, 07:27 AM   #54
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Just found two section 109 tickets available. When I searched 5 minutes ago for best available it gave me a match for section 415. Big difference there. Now I'm really glad I got those floor tickets
Old 08-04-2006, 07:32 AM   #55
Level 3 - Talker

is there any hope that the floor could wind up being GA? i ended up with two floors but they are pretty far back (sec 6, row N). i was in the back when i saw tool at the tower theatre in philly and it was awful. i was surrounded by talkers and people constantly leaving to get beer. not what i wanted from a tool show.
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-04-2006, 07:32 AM   #56
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by durkabajung
Just found two section 109 tickets available. When I searched 5 minutes ago for best available it gave me a match for section 415. Big difference there. Now I'm really glad I got those floor tickets

Yeah, I have my tix already, but was curious to see what comes up now. There are still decent 100's left...give it a go.
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-04-2006, 07:33 AM   #57

Bincount™: 28

I got section 101, row L, when I logged on right at 10:00. I was really, really, really hopin for floor seats...but these'll do, I suppose. Pretty satisfied there, plus I'm right on the aisle. Does anyone think this thing will sell out?
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-04-2006, 07:38 AM   #58
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlltheteainChina
I got section 101, row L, when I logged on right at 10:00. I was really, really, really hopin for floor seats...but these'll do, I suppose. Pretty satisfied there, plus I'm right on the aisle. Does anyone think this thing will sell out?
They always sell out. But this one's taking a while. The Tower sold out in 4minutes
Old 08-04-2006, 07:41 AM   #59
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by durkabajung
They always sell out. But this one's taking a while. The Tower sold out in 4minutes
This place is 8 times bigger than the tower.
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-04-2006, 07:51 AM   #60
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegears
i ended up with two floors but they are pretty far back (sec 6, row N). i was in the back when i saw tool at the tower theatre in philly and it was awful. i was surrounded by talkers and people constantly leaving to get beer. not what i wanted from a tool show.
lucky lucky you ;o) that is kinda far back, but you will still feel that floor energy. i'm quite jealous! i tried for an hour and a half and never got anything better than main concourse.

i really wish i knew what the deal is with floor seats for these past few Tool shows i've tried. I understand that Camden has a really small pit, but the floor at MCI, or Verizon rather, is pretty big. I have never had problems getting floor seats like I have for this show and the Camden show. Still, can't deny my excitement over getting to see Tool twice in 3 days, even if I'm not right up front :D Who's leg do you have to hump to get a front row seat around here???
Old 08-04-2006, 07:53 AM   #61
Level 3 - Talker

If anyone has 2 floors with in the first 8 rows I will trade them for my 4 in the 12 row.
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-04-2006, 07:58 AM   #62
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrift&@peace
lucky lucky you ;o) that is kinda far back, but you will still feel that floor energy. i'm quite jealous! i tried for an hour and a half and never got anything better than main concourse.

i really wish i knew what the deal is with floor seats for these past few Tool shows i've tried. I understand that Camden has a really small pit, but the floor at MCI, or Verizon rather, is pretty big. I have never had problems getting floor seats like I have for this show and the Camden show. Still, can't deny my excitement over getting to see Tool twice in 3 days, even if I'm not right up front :D Who's leg do you have to hump to get a front row seat around here???
I had that same problem with getting tix here and in NJ. So strange. What is the deal here. There is more here than meets the eye. TICKETBASTARDS!
Old 08-04-2006, 08:03 AM   #63
Level 3 - Talker

got my tickets in sec 101 and i can't wail for sept. 30th. There is many hotels in area but i recommed the washington renaissance hotel on 9th st nw at mount vernon sqaure. It is located 2 blocks north of verizon ctr. It's a easy walk to verizon ctr and is located between metro gallery station(verizon ctr) or south of metro mount vernon station(washington convention ctr) It's quite pricey(around $160 a night), but what isn't in d.c. I had stayed there last year and rooms are suite style and very nice. If you are looking for location and convience and you can splurge a bit, check them out.
The phone number is 202-898-9000. They are affliated with marriot so you can also check they web site for info. I hope this info is helpful to anyone seeking accomodations in d.c. for concert.
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-04-2006, 08:05 AM   #64
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrift&@peace

that's the thing though. with seats being there there won't BE any floor energy that far back. i know because it was that way in philly. everyone was just standing there talking. during the lateralus tour some of the arena shows i went to were ALL GA (the whole arena, not just the floor). it was great because you could choose where you wanted to go and then move if you were sitting/standing next to disruptive people. i don't see why they aren't doing that for this tour. it kills scalping too since every ticket has the same value so as long as it doesn't sell out, scalpers can't jack the prices up.

oh well, i'll still go, and i'll probably wind up disappointed like i did at philly. the ebay prices for good floors are ridiculous, but this will probably be my only chance at seeing my two favorite bands play together, so maybe it might be worth ebaying up some better seats.

i can only hope that they decide to make the floor GA.
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-04-2006, 08:07 AM   #65
Level 1 - Lurker

Before anyone trades any floor "rows" make sure that they're actually doing seats on the floor. The last time Tool was at MCI/Verizon I had a floor "seat" that had a row, seat, etc. which I thought was crappy since I like to move around a bit. When I arrived at the place, there were no seats the whole floor was open.

I'm not saying this time is one way or another, just my experience from last time.
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-04-2006, 08:09 AM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvalootgrl
got my tickets in sec 101 and i can't wail for sept. 30th. There is many hotels in area but i recommed the washington renaissance hotel on 9th st nw at mount vernon sqaure. It is located 2 blocks north of verizon ctr. It's a easy walk to verizon ctr and is located between metro gallery station(verizon ctr) or south of metro mount vernon station(washington convention ctr) It's quite pricey(around $160 a night), but what isn't in d.c. I had stayed there last year and rooms are suite style and very nice. If you are looking for location and convience and you can splurge a bit, check them out.
The phone number is 202-898-9000. They are affliated with marriot so you can also check they web site for info. I hope this info is helpful to anyone seeking accomodations in d.c. for concert.
Whoa, staying at the same hotel, sitting in the same section, and one of the guys I'm going with went to school at wvu. interesting.

Last edited by AlltheteainChina; 08-05-2006 at 05:22 AM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-04-2006, 08:40 AM   #67
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by LANWANSANMAN
Before anyone trades any floor "rows" make sure that they're actually doing seats on the floor. The last time Tool was at MCI/Verizon I had a floor "seat" that had a row, seat, etc. which I thought was crappy since I like to move around a bit. When I arrived at the place, there were no seats the whole floor was open.

I'm not saying this time is one way or another, just my experience from last time.
this is great news. is there any way i could call and find out?
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-04-2006, 09:46 AM   #68
Level 3 - Talker

fucking dammit, I will get a refund if its GA
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-04-2006, 10:34 AM   #69
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegears
that's the thing though. with seats being there there won't BE any floor energy that far back. i know because it was that way in philly. everyone was just standing there talking.
I can't stand it when people talk during my concerts! I completely relate to your disgust with a lame & disruptive crowd. It's about 5 times worse than people talking in a movie theater because for one) they have to scream over the music, and for two) they paid a whole lot more for their tickets. Why anyone would pay over $50 just to go & spend more on beer & then continuously run their mouth is beyond me. I respect that everyone must enjoy music in their own way, but when that enjoyment impedes mine, it is very frustrating.

I hope for you that they do make the floor GA - but it would be even sadder for me to look down on from above :o(
Old 08-04-2006, 11:09 AM   #70

I got lucky with two seats in the 20th row, section 1. I plan on going to this unless something catastrophic happens and I don't get East Rutherford tix, then I would consider trading my DC tix for those.

Echoing earlier sentiments, it's going to be fucking cool seeing them at Camden, DC, and hopefully East Rutherford and Nassau.
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-04-2006, 01:37 PM   #71
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeisilluminati
fucking dammit, I will get a refund if its GA
If it's GA, I'll take any floor tix off your hands no problem. I prefer GA to floor chairs at big shows, and particularly to the upper level seats. If you promise to let me buy the tickets from you I'll check to see if it's GA or not.

I ended up holding out for 228 row C, which is in the second concourse, but is closer to the stage than all the 100 level stuff I was seeing. MCI is pretty vertical so it should they should be tolerable.
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-04-2006, 01:50 PM   #72
Level 2 - Poster

Here's an update for you guys....

I called the Verizon Center and spoke with a lady named Jeanette. Jeanette says that at the Tool concert, staff at the verizon center will be setting up rows of seats on the floor level. So the row, seat, etc info you got when you purchased your tickets is legit. Jeanette also says that if you show up and there are no seats than you should demand a refund.....think what you may of that last piece of info.

Second....The Metro Station. When you leave out of the Amtrak exit turn right. You will belooking down the following hallway:

http://www.unionstationdc.com/upload/AmtrakShops.jpg

Use that statue on the left as a landmark, and there will be a Sbarro a few feet across from it on your right. Walk all the way down this hallway. The hallway deadends into a bookstore. Turn left. You will see an escalator. Go down this escalator. The entrance to the Metro station will be straight ahead.

Again.....I hope that helps.
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-04-2006, 01:53 PM   #73
Level 2 - Poster

Oh and also.....If you guys are still looking for tickets, there are a few people selling tickets on the DC craigslist page. http://www.craigslist.com

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/tix/index100.html
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-04-2006, 02:00 PM   #74
Level 2 - Poster

How is it that I got tickets for the Tower Theatre show easier then this one?

Fuck Ticketmaster man...
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-04-2006, 02:04 PM   #75
Level 1 - Lurker

got mine, section 105 row w, im not sure if thats on floor or not. there are two sections 105 and 106 in the seating chart.
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-04-2006, 08:25 PM   #76
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 17

does anyone know if row r in section 104 is in that little "sub-section" of seats behind the main ones?
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-05-2006, 05:21 AM   #77

http://www.mcicenter.com/tickets/end_stage.jpg

In case some of you haven't checked this out yet, you can find out exactly where you sit. The rows are labeled, and you can see a little "1" at the corner of the sections, to show you what side they start numbering the seats.
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-05-2006, 07:25 AM   #78
Level 2 - Poster

Section 104 row "H" checking in. I'll be the old guy. I talked to a human at ticketmaster at 10:25 and she said that I was lucky to get two in that section that just "popped up" on her screen. She said they were already selling 400 level. I'll be a good distance back but i'm looking forward to it. I've only got a few more indoor shows left in me. I'm happy to have TOOL be one of them. The last two Metallica/ Godsmack shows I saw, (One at Verizon the other in charlotte) did not sound good. Perhaps it's the acoustics at the arenas? Disturbed at 9:30 club sounded great but then that place is made specifically for music. I'm hoping TOOL sounds good here. They are one band in particular that you deserve to hear every nuance of thier sound. -Mike
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-06-2006, 04:41 AM   #79
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeinmclean
Section 104 row "H" checking in. I'll be the old guy. I talked to a human at ticketmaster at 10:25 and she said that I was lucky to get two in that section that just "popped up" on her screen. She said they were already selling 400 level.
they were saying that all of the 100 and 200 seats were gone when my operator picked up at 10:05. so I got the 400 section seats, of course thinking I was in the middle of a 10 minute sell out.

I guess there were a lot of "shoppers" pulling tickets and putting them back online?

Oh, well. should still be a great show from the 400's :)

I guess that's what we pay our $12/ticket for, right?
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-06-2006, 02:57 PM   #80
Level 3 - Talker

ill gladly trade one of my 12 row tickets for the tool signed vinyl
OFFLINE |  

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: