Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Live » Concert Reviews: Nov-Dec 2007
User Name
Password
marcus's Avatar marcus
11-08-2007, 01:07 AM

*DO NOT POST IF YOU WERE NOT AT THE SHOW!
Old 11-08-2007, 01:07 AM   #1
Gearhead

Bincount™: 3077
Nov 21 Denver, CO Pepsi Center

*DO NOT POST IF YOU WERE NOT AT THE SHOW!
3eyeswide
11-21-2007, 10:59 PM

Jambi
Ions
Stinkfist
Forty Six & 2
Schism
Rosetta Stoned
Flood
Wings For Marie
10000 Days
Lateralus
Vicarious

Nothing surprising. To tell the truth, Flood was about the only thing that got me to go (and now that I have heard it live I can die a happy man :) ) seeing as how I went to the last runaround in America and got Right in Two at my show. Tool is Tool though, so everything else was still awesome, even though I have basically seen the same show already. Maynard was really entertaining tonight, way better than he was in the Albuquerque show in May. Biggest letdown was in Vicarious, they really got out of sync at the beginning of the song (can't remember exactly how far in), but everything else was definately satisfactory. Other than that, good show. They definately do need to drastically change the setlist up however if they come through America again.
Old 11-21-2007, 10:59 PM   #2
Banned.

Bincount™: 0
Re: Nov 21 Denver, CO Pepsi Center

Jambi
Ions
Stinkfist
Forty Six & 2
Schism
Rosetta Stoned
Flood
Wings For Marie
10000 Days
Lateralus
Vicarious

Nothing surprising. To tell the truth, Flood was about the only thing that got me to go (and now that I have heard it live I can die a happy man :) ) seeing as how I went to the last runaround in America and got Right in Two at my show. Tool is Tool though, so everything else was still awesome, even though I have basically seen the same show already. Maynard was really entertaining tonight, way better than he was in the Albuquerque show in May. Biggest letdown was in Vicarious, they really got out of sync at the beginning of the song (can't remember exactly how far in), but everything else was definately satisfactory. Other than that, good show. They definately do need to drastically change the setlist up however if they come through America again.
OFFLINE |  
isandman02
11-21-2007, 11:16 PM

My first time seeing TOOL live (not like I haven't tried a few times before) and it was absolutely awesome!!! The best band and the best live show in the business. Danny Carey is the greatest rock drummer ever. And yes, Maynard was quite good tonight with his cowboy hat and all.
Old 11-21-2007, 11:16 PM   #3
Level 1 - Lurker

My first time seeing TOOL live (not like I haven't tried a few times before) and it was absolutely awesome!!! The best band and the best live show in the business. Danny Carey is the greatest rock drummer ever. And yes, Maynard was quite good tonight with his cowboy hat and all.
OFFLINE |  
StonedRose's Avatar StonedRose
11-21-2007, 11:34 PM

Awesome show, once again. This was my fifth time seeing TOOL and the second time this year. Set list above is correct, even though I was hoping to hear The Pot--no such luck. Perhaps Maynard doesn't like singing that intro live? Security was a bitch at this venue, but I suppose that's the way Maynard wants it. I flew out to Denver to catch this show on my birthday. Thanks guys for an awesome birthday! Although, it is still hard to hear Maynard's vocals on certain songs, especially when he uses the voice box on Rosetta Stoned. I know Adam, Justin and Danny are kicking ass but can't they turn up Maynard's mic any more so his voice is not drowned out? Regardless, I loved the show as no one is better live than TOOL. Thanks for keeping the tour strong, even though I had to come out west to see you again! ;)
7/3/07 - Pine Knob
Old 11-21-2007, 11:34 PM   #4
Level 1 - Lurker

Awesome show, once again. This was my fifth time seeing TOOL and the second time this year. Set list above is correct, even though I was hoping to hear The Pot--no such luck. Perhaps Maynard doesn't like singing that intro live? Security was a bitch at this venue, but I suppose that's the way Maynard wants it. I flew out to Denver to catch this show on my birthday. Thanks guys for an awesome birthday! Although, it is still hard to hear Maynard's vocals on certain songs, especially when he uses the voice box on Rosetta Stoned. I know Adam, Justin and Danny are kicking ass but can't they turn up Maynard's mic any more so his voice is not drowned out? Regardless, I loved the show as no one is better live than TOOL. Thanks for keeping the tour strong, even though I had to come out west to see you again! ;)
7/3/07 - Pine Knob
OFFLINE |  
linksword
11-22-2007, 12:01 AM

Wow. That was amazing. Definitely the best show I've ever been to. This was my first time seeing Tool, and it was an awesome experience. I waited until today to buy the tickets (procrastination, yes I know), and I got lucky and got amazing seats. Right in front to the side of the stage, section 128. The visuals really add to the music. Maynard's "special effects" were awesome as well, and the whole band seemed like they were in a good mood.. The only complaint I have is minor, it seemed like Maynard's mic was too quiet, I could barely hear him although I was pretty much up front. I bought a poster, although seriously, 20 dollars is a lot. I was hoping to get it signed afterwards though, so my cousin and I stood around the back and hung out with 2 other people. Apparently they'd done it before and had met Adam and Danny. I guess it was too cold as we were the only ones, and my ride came (15 bucks for parking is crazy) so I left without seeing them. Ah well, there's always next time, and I really hope there is a next time; I can't believe I managed to miss all the Colorado dates before this one.
Old 11-22-2007, 12:01 AM   #5
Level 1 - Lurker

Wow. That was amazing. Definitely the best show I've ever been to. This was my first time seeing Tool, and it was an awesome experience. I waited until today to buy the tickets (procrastination, yes I know), and I got lucky and got amazing seats. Right in front to the side of the stage, section 128. The visuals really add to the music. Maynard's "special effects" were awesome as well, and the whole band seemed like they were in a good mood.. The only complaint I have is minor, it seemed like Maynard's mic was too quiet, I could barely hear him although I was pretty much up front. I bought a poster, although seriously, 20 dollars is a lot. I was hoping to get it signed afterwards though, so my cousin and I stood around the back and hung out with 2 other people. Apparently they'd done it before and had met Adam and Danny. I guess it was too cold as we were the only ones, and my ride came (15 bucks for parking is crazy) so I left without seeing them. Ah well, there's always next time, and I really hope there is a next time; I can't believe I managed to miss all the Colorado dates before this one.
OFFLINE |  
Cornbread's Avatar Cornbread
11-22-2007, 12:36 AM

I had a great time at this show!

I've been to three shows since they've been doing the lasers; the first time i was sitting too close to see them well and the second time I was on the floor being smashed around too much to pay much attention...the seats that are further back were great to get the full effect of them! I can always count on TOOL for stunning visuals!

Maynard was playful and talkative tonight; I haven't seen him like that the past couple of shows.

"Flood" was a treat, too. :)

Happy Thanksgiving, all!
Old 11-22-2007, 12:36 AM   #6
Level 2 - Poster

I had a great time at this show!

I've been to three shows since they've been doing the lasers; the first time i was sitting too close to see them well and the second time I was on the floor being smashed around too much to pay much attention...the seats that are further back were great to get the full effect of them! I can always count on TOOL for stunning visuals!

Maynard was playful and talkative tonight; I haven't seen him like that the past couple of shows.

"Flood" was a treat, too. :)

Happy Thanksgiving, all!
OFFLINE |  
yac03's Avatar yac03
11-22-2007, 01:15 AM

Dear fellas-

Fuck you once again for invalidating my (expansive) library of music.
Fuck you once again for invalidating my (expansive) collection of ticket stubs.
Fuck you once again for hammering out a cookie cutter set that destroys any modern (pre or post) set on tour today or yesterday.
Thank you for giving my 14 year old little drummer brother the night of his life, along with my two 24 year old best friends...all of whom were unfortunate enough to catch you for the first time in your twilight...but fortunate enough to catch you at all.

Oh...and fuck you...once again...for the buzzing in my ears. Next time...if there is a next time...we sit far away.

Oh...and thanks to MJK for being MJK tonight...with the dancing and the ass grabbing "it's going to be a long night" shennanigans...rather than being cash-me-in JK, like we've all become accustomed to. We all love wine...and Puscifer...and cash...but we all love Tool more...Thanks for being Tool's front-man tonight. Sincerely.

Last edited by yac03; 11-22-2007 at 01:24 AM..
Old 11-22-2007, 01:15 AM   #7
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Dear fellas-

Fuck you once again for invalidating my (expansive) library of music.
Fuck you once again for invalidating my (expansive) collection of ticket stubs.
Fuck you once again for hammering out a cookie cutter set that destroys any modern (pre or post) set on tour today or yesterday.
Thank you for giving my 14 year old little drummer brother the night of his life, along with my two 24 year old best friends...all of whom were unfortunate enough to catch you for the first time in your twilight...but fortunate enough to catch you at all.

Oh...and fuck you...once again...for the buzzing in my ears. Next time...if there is a next time...we sit far away.

Oh...and thanks to MJK for being MJK tonight...with the dancing and the ass grabbing "it's going to be a long night" shennanigans...rather than being cash-me-in JK, like we've all become accustomed to. We all love wine...and Puscifer...and cash...but we all love Tool more...Thanks for being Tool's front-man tonight. Sincerely.

Last edited by yac03; 11-22-2007 at 01:24 AM..
OFFLINE |  
anarcho-commie's Avatar anarcho-commie
11-22-2007, 01:27 AM

Jambi
Ions
Stinkfist (extended)
Forty Six & 2
Schism (w/ double-time)
Rosetta Stoned (w/o Lost Keys)
Vicarious Jam
Flood (w/ full intro)
Intermission
Wings For Marie
Wings Pt. 2
Lateralus (w/ drum off between Danny and the Trans Am drummer)
Vicarious

My fourth Tool show. Kick-ass. It definitely shows that they've got it down finally after touring so long. I am not usually one to say this, but the setlist really needs to change. Flood was the highlight for me, and I think it was because it was the only song that I haven't heard them play. I really think Aenema needs to be brought back. Vicarious just doesn't feel right as a finisher.

But enough for da bitching. The show was great either way. Plenty of new visuals. Laser show changed up quite a bit. Loved the Vicarious video snapshot displayed during WFM. During 46&2 Justin missed a note, if anyone else noticed. And I swear to god that during one part in the song, Maynard said "...33 and 2..." Great fun during the Lateralus drum off. When the Trans Am drummer came out and started drumming, Maynard opened his arms up as if he was saying "So wadda ya got?" Then he pulled out a fan set it up and put a roll of toilet paper on it, making it go onto the TransAm drummer. He proceeded to do this onto the stage for a while, then he blew all the toilet paper off of the stage with the fan and threw the remainder of the roll into the crowd. Maynard was more animated than usual. He looked to actually enjoy it, unlike the other times I've seen him. He danced, talked and and was on a roll. Some of the things he said were along the lines off "No need to thank me for the special effect, it's on the house." and " thanks for cluttering our stage with your drum set" to the trans am drummer after the drum off.

Justin played very well tonight, he was into it as always I finally noticed him play the bass with a beer bottle, and now I realize he does it to make a unique sound during Lateralus. I was kinda disappointed during the schism double-time beacause Adam's guitar was way too loud. It seems as if towards the end of the show, the sound was more on.

LoL @ meatheads. Especailly the ones that kept on singing "I'll Keep Digging" even after it was obvious that Maynard wasn't singing it. I also love to see how lost they get during the songs that aren't played on the radio.

"YEAH TOOL FUCK YEAH MAYNARD HAVE YOU GUYS EVER HEARD SALVIA? MAN THAT SHIT IS SWEET!"

Here's Nardo and the toilet paper, watch closely...

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...5bf-71e2c9.gif

Last edited by anarcho-commie; 11-22-2007 at 02:08 AM..
Old 11-22-2007, 01:27 AM   #8
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 63

Jambi
Ions
Stinkfist (extended)
Forty Six & 2
Schism (w/ double-time)
Rosetta Stoned (w/o Lost Keys)
Vicarious Jam
Flood (w/ full intro)
Intermission
Wings For Marie
Wings Pt. 2
Lateralus (w/ drum off between Danny and the Trans Am drummer)
Vicarious

My fourth Tool show. Kick-ass. It definitely shows that they've got it down finally after touring so long. I am not usually one to say this, but the setlist really needs to change. Flood was the highlight for me, and I think it was because it was the only song that I haven't heard them play. I really think Aenema needs to be brought back. Vicarious just doesn't feel right as a finisher.

But enough for da bitching. The show was great either way. Plenty of new visuals. Laser show changed up quite a bit. Loved the Vicarious video snapshot displayed during WFM. During 46&2 Justin missed a note, if anyone else noticed. And I swear to god that during one part in the song, Maynard said "...33 and 2..." Great fun during the Lateralus drum off. When the Trans Am drummer came out and started drumming, Maynard opened his arms up as if he was saying "So wadda ya got?" Then he pulled out a fan set it up and put a roll of toilet paper on it, making it go onto the TransAm drummer. He proceeded to do this onto the stage for a while, then he blew all the toilet paper off of the stage with the fan and threw the remainder of the roll into the crowd. Maynard was more animated than usual. He looked to actually enjoy it, unlike the other times I've seen him. He danced, talked and and was on a roll. Some of the things he said were along the lines off "No need to thank me for the special effect, it's on the house." and " thanks for cluttering our stage with your drum set" to the trans am drummer after the drum off.

Justin played very well tonight, he was into it as always I finally noticed him play the bass with a beer bottle, and now I realize he does it to make a unique sound during Lateralus. I was kinda disappointed during the schism double-time beacause Adam's guitar was way too loud. It seems as if towards the end of the show, the sound was more on.

LoL @ meatheads. Especailly the ones that kept on singing "I'll Keep Digging" even after it was obvious that Maynard wasn't singing it. I also love to see how lost they get during the songs that aren't played on the radio.

"YEAH TOOL FUCK YEAH MAYNARD HAVE YOU GUYS EVER HEARD SALVIA? MAN THAT SHIT IS SWEET!"

Here's Nardo and the toilet paper, watch closely...

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...5bf-71e2c9.gif

Last edited by anarcho-commie; 11-22-2007 at 02:08 AM..
OFFLINE |  
savelints8's Avatar savelints8
11-22-2007, 01:28 AM

My third Tool show. AMAZING visuals, as always - the lasers, lights, videos on the background screens - awesome stuff. WFM/10,000 Days was beautiful. Flood was a pleasant surprise; I've never heard it live. The sound was less than great, to be honest, and I could hardly hear Maynard's vocals. The band seemed really into it tonight, Justin humping his bass as usual, Danny being a fucking animal, Maynard dancing...he had a good piece of advice for us, too: "Don't drink and drive...you might spill."
Old 11-22-2007, 01:28 AM   #9
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Location: The Phallus Palace Fernando Clavijo: Resigned!!! Sex: ***MALE***
Bincount™: 4914

My third Tool show. AMAZING visuals, as always - the lasers, lights, videos on the background screens - awesome stuff. WFM/10,000 Days was beautiful. Flood was a pleasant surprise; I've never heard it live. The sound was less than great, to be honest, and I could hardly hear Maynard's vocals. The band seemed really into it tonight, Justin humping his bass as usual, Danny being a fucking animal, Maynard dancing...he had a good piece of advice for us, too: "Don't drink and drive...you might spill."
ladycommish's Avatar ladycommish
11-22-2007, 03:23 AM

This was by far the best out of the 4 I've seen in the past year and a half. Simply fucking incredible. They rocked my socks off. Honestly...who plays 8 songs in 2 hours? Who DOES that?? Tool...fuck yeah...who else gives a toolgasm for 2 hours? Oh. My. God.

I still need to soak in all in. More later~
Old 11-22-2007, 03:23 AM   #10
Introverted Extrovert

Bincount™: 6698

This was by far the best out of the 4 I've seen in the past year and a half. Simply fucking incredible. They rocked my socks off. Honestly...who plays 8 songs in 2 hours? Who DOES that?? Tool...fuck yeah...who else gives a toolgasm for 2 hours? Oh. My. God.

I still need to soak in all in. More later~
OFFLINE |  
zbrick
11-22-2007, 08:57 AM

What else can you say about Tool? I've simply run out of superlatives to describe the shows. This was the third show I've seen in the last year, and each time I know it's going to be probably the same setlist (more or less), but I simply don't care. They are the only band in the world where that doesn't matter to me. Seeing Tool is like a religious experience. When I walked out of the Pepsi Center, I felt like people are supposed to feel after going to church. The lasers and visuals were spectacular. Wings and Lateralus were the highlights for me, but start to finish, everything was great great great.

Seriously though, these guys are simply the best band in the history of the world. I'm sure I'm preaching to the choir here, but I feel like I should mow Maynard's lawn or wash his car or something to try to begin to repay them for all they have done for me.
Old 11-22-2007, 08:57 AM   #11
Level 1 - Lurker

What else can you say about Tool? I've simply run out of superlatives to describe the shows. This was the third show I've seen in the last year, and each time I know it's going to be probably the same setlist (more or less), but I simply don't care. They are the only band in the world where that doesn't matter to me. Seeing Tool is like a religious experience. When I walked out of the Pepsi Center, I felt like people are supposed to feel after going to church. The lasers and visuals were spectacular. Wings and Lateralus were the highlights for me, but start to finish, everything was great great great.

Seriously though, these guys are simply the best band in the history of the world. I'm sure I'm preaching to the choir here, but I feel like I should mow Maynard's lawn or wash his car or something to try to begin to repay them for all they have done for me.
OFFLINE |  
mtnboi68
11-22-2007, 09:02 AM

Tool show #7 (the first on this tour in CO for me). Suite #17 seating was killer. Lucky me! Earplugs make a huge difference - allows you to save your hearing while being able to hear the vocals and subtle sounds.

Flood was the highlight/climax for me. Loved the white lab coat technicians. I was another "drunk bastard" who sobered up and had a safe, uneventful drive home.

Special thanks to Herb, Bri Bri and Troyboy for making this event possible!
Old 11-22-2007, 09:02 AM   #12
Level 1 - Lurker

Tool show #7 (the first on this tour in CO for me). Suite #17 seating was killer. Lucky me! Earplugs make a huge difference - allows you to save your hearing while being able to hear the vocals and subtle sounds.

Flood was the highlight/climax for me. Loved the white lab coat technicians. I was another "drunk bastard" who sobered up and had a safe, uneventful drive home.

Special thanks to Herb, Bri Bri and Troyboy for making this event possible!
OFFLINE |  
VinDieselFiesta
11-22-2007, 10:23 AM

5th show for me on this tour. unbelievable, i've almost perfected the tri-fecta of rotated songs on this tour. right in two, flood, now i just gotta see pushit which i'm hoping for tomorrow night in casper but we shall see. anyways, great fuckin show. full of energy. it looked like maynard was talking shit to danny in the intro to lateralus, pretty funny. maynard rated danny a 9 and trans am guy an 8 in the battle. maynard was much more talkative than any of the past times i've seen them. overall great show, we had a lot of fun. it was my girlfriend's first tool show and first big concert and she was absolutely blown away. both of our heads are still ringing this morning :)

edit: if anybody got a recording of any sort from last night, please post when it's available or send me a pm, i'd love to acquire it.
Old 11-22-2007, 10:23 AM   #13
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 5

5th show for me on this tour. unbelievable, i've almost perfected the tri-fecta of rotated songs on this tour. right in two, flood, now i just gotta see pushit which i'm hoping for tomorrow night in casper but we shall see. anyways, great fuckin show. full of energy. it looked like maynard was talking shit to danny in the intro to lateralus, pretty funny. maynard rated danny a 9 and trans am guy an 8 in the battle. maynard was much more talkative than any of the past times i've seen them. overall great show, we had a lot of fun. it was my girlfriend's first tool show and first big concert and she was absolutely blown away. both of our heads are still ringing this morning :)

edit: if anybody got a recording of any sort from last night, please post when it's available or send me a pm, i'd love to acquire it.
11-22-2007, 10:54 AM

Wow everyone seems so amazed by this show when I think it was sub-par by Tool standards. I enjoyed the show, don't get me wrong but it was the worst Tool show I have been to. First off, Maynard's mic was turned down and you couldn't hardly hear him singing (especially the first half, maybe they turned it up a little after intermission). Secondly, I don't think the Pepsi Center is a great venue for sound, it echoes too much but this isn't the band's fault. Thirdly, I think the tracklist was too short. Only 9 songs and no Aenema. <sigh> Highlights: 46&2, Schism, Flood, Vicarious low points: rosetta stoned and lateralus. I didn't appreciate the 5 minute drumoff in the middle of lateralus, it disrupted the entire flow of the song. Give me a standard lateralus and aenema any day over a 15 minute long lateralus and no aenema. by Tool Standards i give concert : 5 out of 10 stars, by regular concert standard I give concert 8 out of 10 stars
Old 11-22-2007, 10:54 AM   #14
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 3

Wow everyone seems so amazed by this show when I think it was sub-par by Tool standards. I enjoyed the show, don't get me wrong but it was the worst Tool show I have been to. First off, Maynard's mic was turned down and you couldn't hardly hear him singing (especially the first half, maybe they turned it up a little after intermission). Secondly, I don't think the Pepsi Center is a great venue for sound, it echoes too much but this isn't the band's fault. Thirdly, I think the tracklist was too short. Only 9 songs and no Aenema. <sigh> Highlights: 46&2, Schism, Flood, Vicarious low points: rosetta stoned and lateralus. I didn't appreciate the 5 minute drumoff in the middle of lateralus, it disrupted the entire flow of the song. Give me a standard lateralus and aenema any day over a 15 minute long lateralus and no aenema. by Tool Standards i give concert : 5 out of 10 stars, by regular concert standard I give concert 8 out of 10 stars
OFFLINE |  
Gasman
11-22-2007, 11:04 AM

The seats weren’t the best because we bought 5 days prior to the show not knowing if they would open up a section like they did the day of the show. Maynard, Adam, Justin, and Danny as always put on the show that has them rated as the best of the best. If you’ve never seen Tool live, you haven’t lived ! The light show was a step above what I’ve seen in the past. The acoustics at Pepsi center always leave me thinking "what a great place for Hockey!". I am probably biased as my first of 5 Tool shows I’ve been to was at Redrocks where the acoustics are the best in the world. The drum off with Sebastian was awesome, don’t take this wrong, he has an awesome talent but Danny smoked him totally in my opinion. Nice touch with the TP Maynard, lol. I wish they would have played a bit more from Ænima, I really missed Eulogy. The last thing I will say is slamming the Denver concert goers, if you idiots could muster up some noise at the end of the concert I’m sure they would have come out for a couple more songs like they do everywhere else. Why when they walk off the stage do you get up and leave? Tool rocks the world like no other ! Keep up the fantastically awesome job guys, you rule.
Old 11-22-2007, 11:04 AM   #15
Level 1 - Lurker

The seats weren’t the best because we bought 5 days prior to the show not knowing if they would open up a section like they did the day of the show. Maynard, Adam, Justin, and Danny as always put on the show that has them rated as the best of the best. If you’ve never seen Tool live, you haven’t lived ! The light show was a step above what I’ve seen in the past. The acoustics at Pepsi center always leave me thinking "what a great place for Hockey!". I am probably biased as my first of 5 Tool shows I’ve been to was at Redrocks where the acoustics are the best in the world. The drum off with Sebastian was awesome, don’t take this wrong, he has an awesome talent but Danny smoked him totally in my opinion. Nice touch with the TP Maynard, lol. I wish they would have played a bit more from Ænima, I really missed Eulogy. The last thing I will say is slamming the Denver concert goers, if you idiots could muster up some noise at the end of the concert I’m sure they would have come out for a couple more songs like they do everywhere else. Why when they walk off the stage do you get up and leave? Tool rocks the world like no other ! Keep up the fantastically awesome job guys, you rule.
OFFLINE |  
drbg781
11-22-2007, 11:38 AM

Great show last night. Sixth tool show, third on this tour and this by far blows away the coors ampitheater show and was about a half-step ahead of the colorado springs show earlier this year (b/c of the energy, energy was so amazing this time! Set list actually was better in colorado spings). I'm stoked they played FLOOD, it was great live (i got to see sober and opiate at the coors and right in two in CS, so this was great)The lights, lasers and visuals were so perfect i cant even do it justice in words...light show really takes off when wings start, we all saw it. I really love the three lighting trusses that move around during the show, they are really fun to watch and add so much to the performance. Did anyone manage to tape the show? i would love to aquire it....email me at [email protected] or pm me. Speaking of which...the sound on the floor was PERFECT!!! i positioned myself just right of center of the sound board and just off to the left of the speakers on the right....it worked like a fucking charm and i heard a great mix all night long. oh, longshot but fuck it, did anyone buy an extra GIG POSTER from the show i would buy it now CASH i need one and didn't think it would survive the floor...it would have.
Old 11-22-2007, 11:38 AM   #16
Level 4 - Thinker

Great show last night. Sixth tool show, third on this tour and this by far blows away the coors ampitheater show and was about a half-step ahead of the colorado springs show earlier this year (b/c of the energy, energy was so amazing this time! Set list actually was better in colorado spings). I'm stoked they played FLOOD, it was great live (i got to see sober and opiate at the coors and right in two in CS, so this was great)The lights, lasers and visuals were so perfect i cant even do it justice in words...light show really takes off when wings start, we all saw it. I really love the three lighting trusses that move around during the show, they are really fun to watch and add so much to the performance. Did anyone manage to tape the show? i would love to aquire it....email me at [email protected] or pm me. Speaking of which...the sound on the floor was PERFECT!!! i positioned myself just right of center of the sound board and just off to the left of the speakers on the right....it worked like a fucking charm and i heard a great mix all night long. oh, longshot but fuck it, did anyone buy an extra GIG POSTER from the show i would buy it now CASH i need one and didn't think it would survive the floor...it would have.
11-22-2007, 11:54 AM

What can I say? thank you TOOL for doing what you do. I could bitch about things, but you know what? Fuck that. Tool is tool. They do what they do. While I can barely appreciate the discerning ear ("The mic was too low" or "the song was out of sync") the crying about the performance ("the same old set list" or "I didn't appreciate the 5 minute drum off") is just that.
Tool has been around along time. They've earned the luxury of doing what they want. Don't take my word for; ask the 15000 people that shelled out big bucks to be at the Pepsi center. And maybe they do play the same songs night after night, but who else are you going to get to deliver a decent version of "Flood" or witness Dannys killer drumwork for Vicarious? Nowhere except at a Tool show. Personally I like the twist & turns they have thrown into their songs; I think spontaneous music is more of a gamble/thrill ride that songs played verbatim, but thats just me.
Bill Graham once said about the Grateful Dead that they were not just great at what they did, they were the only ones that did what they did (think pre-Phish). The same could be said for Tool. Bands imitate their sound and delivery but in the end, there is only one Tool. I realize it is alot of cash also but after the show, every show, I am invigorated by their performance, and thats why I go back. Not many bands can pull it off like that for me. Its really that simple, if they bug you, don't go see them, but I suspect like a moth to the light, you will return. I don't mean to be harsh. I just liked the show and respect your opinion, nonetheless.
The band appears in good spirits (unlike last couple of years?) and joked round alot. One other Maynardism: after thanking Sebastian for cluttering the stage, Maynard said something like if this were Las Vegas you would be arrested.
Peace. Happy thanksgiving, whatever that means to you.
Old 11-22-2007, 11:54 AM   #17
Level 3 - Talker

What can I say? thank you TOOL for doing what you do. I could bitch about things, but you know what? Fuck that. Tool is tool. They do what they do. While I can barely appreciate the discerning ear ("The mic was too low" or "the song was out of sync") the crying about the performance ("the same old set list" or "I didn't appreciate the 5 minute drum off") is just that.
Tool has been around along time. They've earned the luxury of doing what they want. Don't take my word for; ask the 15000 people that shelled out big bucks to be at the Pepsi center. And maybe they do play the same songs night after night, but who else are you going to get to deliver a decent version of "Flood" or witness Dannys killer drumwork for Vicarious? Nowhere except at a Tool show. Personally I like the twist & turns they have thrown into their songs; I think spontaneous music is more of a gamble/thrill ride that songs played verbatim, but thats just me.
Bill Graham once said about the Grateful Dead that they were not just great at what they did, they were the only ones that did what they did (think pre-Phish). The same could be said for Tool. Bands imitate their sound and delivery but in the end, there is only one Tool. I realize it is alot of cash also but after the show, every show, I am invigorated by their performance, and thats why I go back. Not many bands can pull it off like that for me. Its really that simple, if they bug you, don't go see them, but I suspect like a moth to the light, you will return. I don't mean to be harsh. I just liked the show and respect your opinion, nonetheless.
The band appears in good spirits (unlike last couple of years?) and joked round alot. One other Maynardism: after thanking Sebastian for cluttering the stage, Maynard said something like if this were Las Vegas you would be arrested.
Peace. Happy thanksgiving, whatever that means to you.
OFFLINE |  
marilynmanson
11-22-2007, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasman View Post
The last thing I will say is slamming the Denver concert goers, if you idiots could muster up some noise at the end of the concert I’m sure they would have come out for a couple more songs like they do everywhere else. Why when they walk off the stage do you get up and leave? Tool rocks the world like no other ! Keep up the fantastically awesome job guys, you rule.
I love it when people talk shit about the auidence that they were part of, hey jackass Tool never comes back for an encore so saying "I'm sure they would come out for a couple more songs like everywhere else" are you for real? Do you realy think they go back stage, wait to see how loud the crowd is and then decide to come back out? Wrong, same set list as everywhere else. If you have a problem with the crowd next time leave your fifty bucks at the door.

Anyways, I have been to all four shows here in Colorado for the 10000 days tour and thought this was the best, the energy coming off the stage was awesome, sound could of been better but thats how the Pepsi center is. Flood was definatly the high point of the night and I thought the drum off was sick!
Old 11-22-2007, 12:33 PM   #18
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
The last thing I will say is slamming the Denver concert goers, if you idiots could muster up some noise at the end of the concert I’m sure they would have come out for a couple more songs like they do everywhere else. Why when they walk off the stage do you get up and leave? Tool rocks the world like no other ! Keep up the fantastically awesome job guys, you rule.
I love it when people talk shit about the auidence that they were part of, hey jackass Tool never comes back for an encore so saying "I'm sure they would come out for a couple more songs like everywhere else" are you for real? Do you realy think they go back stage, wait to see how loud the crowd is and then decide to come back out? Wrong, same set list as everywhere else. If you have a problem with the crowd next time leave your fifty bucks at the door.

Anyways, I have been to all four shows here in Colorado for the 10000 days tour and thought this was the best, the energy coming off the stage was awesome, sound could of been better but thats how the Pepsi center is. Flood was definatly the high point of the night and I thought the drum off was sick!
OFFLINE |  
grizz441's Avatar grizz441
11-22-2007, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hikingartist View Post
Tool has been around along time. They've earned the luxury of doing what they want.
Do what they want? I'm sure if Maynard knew his mic was barely audible he would have fixed it. Clearly they didn't know this was a problem. As for the drumoff, yea it was cool but it ruined the flow of my favorite Tool song also. I enjoyed your post, I enjoyed the concert, I love Tool. But I dont think I'm less of a fan because I was critical about some things that didn't seem right to me. I brought a friend who was a casual fan and I think he was less than impressed because of the mic problems. Hopefully they fix it for the rest of the shows.
Old 11-22-2007, 12:39 PM   #19
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Tool has been around along time. They've earned the luxury of doing what they want.
Do what they want? I'm sure if Maynard knew his mic was barely audible he would have fixed it. Clearly they didn't know this was a problem. As for the drumoff, yea it was cool but it ruined the flow of my favorite Tool song also. I enjoyed your post, I enjoyed the concert, I love Tool. But I dont think I'm less of a fan because I was critical about some things that didn't seem right to me. I brought a friend who was a casual fan and I think he was less than impressed because of the mic problems. Hopefully they fix it for the rest of the shows.
OFFLINE |  
wings316
11-22-2007, 01:03 PM

Does anyone know where i can get the visuals of the the show that were being sold on DVD? I was going to buy the disc, but I got distracted by someone puking all over on the way out, and forgot. If anybody knows the name of the disc or where to get it please email me [email protected]. Tool was awesome as always.
Old 11-22-2007, 01:03 PM   #20
Level 1 - Lurker

Does anyone know where i can get the visuals of the the show that were being sold on DVD? I was going to buy the disc, but I got distracted by someone puking all over on the way out, and forgot. If anybody knows the name of the disc or where to get it please email me [email protected]. Tool was awesome as always.
OFFLINE |  
JC3206
11-22-2007, 01:27 PM

The Denver show was awesome, better than Colorado Springs in energy, but perhaps not as good on sound or setlist. Tool have definately earned the right to do the show their way and they do it well, better than anyone I can think of. I won't stop listening or watching as they are in a league of their own when it comes to the music, the art, and the presentation. With that said I would do backflips to hear more old stuff, have longer sets and have Maynard back up front again. As long as I am delusional how about "Crawl Away" or "Swamp Song". JC
Old 11-22-2007, 01:27 PM   #21
Level 1 - Lurker

The Denver show was awesome, better than Colorado Springs in energy, but perhaps not as good on sound or setlist. Tool have definately earned the right to do the show their way and they do it well, better than anyone I can think of. I won't stop listening or watching as they are in a league of their own when it comes to the music, the art, and the presentation. With that said I would do backflips to hear more old stuff, have longer sets and have Maynard back up front again. As long as I am delusional how about "Crawl Away" or "Swamp Song". JC
OFFLINE |  
coloradodave72
11-22-2007, 03:28 PM

This was my 3rd show on this tour. Each got progressively better. I sat higher up for this show than I had on the other two and I was glad I did. Was cool to look down onto the visuals and see the full scope of it instead of being so close that to have to glance from side to side to see what's going on.

The setlist was expected. They did the first four shows with those songs so no reason to think they would change it for stop 5. Although part of me was hoping we would get a "happy thanksgiving" encore or additional song.

My only criticism would be concerning some of the "fans". Obviously that isn't the bands fault but it's annoying nonetheless. There was a knob behind me asking about six of us to sit down so he could see better. Im pretty sure I paid the same amount to get in as him and I am not going to sit down and not see as well myself just so his lazy ass could take a breather.

Then there was the gaggle of lemmings scattered throughout who kept doing this really embarrassing ghetto dance. You know the one, one hand in the air with finger pointed the other on crotch/waistband level, bouncing up and down like they were with there ghetto friends at an Eminem concert. Kinda sad actually. Better them than me though.

The last critique would be the wank that puked all over the floor in the hallway...oh, and the security guard that felt it was necessary to "frisk" my ass. Was kinda nice at the time though.....
Old 11-22-2007, 03:28 PM   #22
Level 1 - Lurker

This was my 3rd show on this tour. Each got progressively better. I sat higher up for this show than I had on the other two and I was glad I did. Was cool to look down onto the visuals and see the full scope of it instead of being so close that to have to glance from side to side to see what's going on.

The setlist was expected. They did the first four shows with those songs so no reason to think they would change it for stop 5. Although part of me was hoping we would get a "happy thanksgiving" encore or additional song.

My only criticism would be concerning some of the "fans". Obviously that isn't the bands fault but it's annoying nonetheless. There was a knob behind me asking about six of us to sit down so he could see better. Im pretty sure I paid the same amount to get in as him and I am not going to sit down and not see as well myself just so his lazy ass could take a breather.

Then there was the gaggle of lemmings scattered throughout who kept doing this really embarrassing ghetto dance. You know the one, one hand in the air with finger pointed the other on crotch/waistband level, bouncing up and down like they were with there ghetto friends at an Eminem concert. Kinda sad actually. Better them than me though.

The last critique would be the wank that puked all over the floor in the hallway...oh, and the security guard that felt it was necessary to "frisk" my ass. Was kinda nice at the time though.....
OFFLINE |  
coloradodave72
11-22-2007, 03:47 PM

Oh, and also....they kinda resurrected 46&2 for me last night. Last two shows thought it was solid but could've kinda done without it. They seemed to inject an intensity and honesty into last nights version that was amazing. Thanks guys!
Old 11-22-2007, 03:47 PM   #23
Level 1 - Lurker

Oh, and also....they kinda resurrected 46&2 for me last night. Last two shows thought it was solid but could've kinda done without it. They seemed to inject an intensity and honesty into last nights version that was amazing. Thanks guys!
OFFLINE |  
Zchgla
11-22-2007, 04:19 PM

I was very happy with it. I got a poster. I wish Danny had more time to re-tune his drums for different songs (Rosetta Stoned in particular)
Old 11-22-2007, 04:19 PM   #24
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 2

I was very happy with it. I got a poster. I wish Danny had more time to re-tune his drums for different songs (Rosetta Stoned in particular)
OFFLINE |  
hikingartist
11-22-2007, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizz441 View Post
These days, I am amazed vocals can cut through the mix at all; could that be the reason for the popularity of cookie-monster stylings in metal/emo? Plus I think I am losing my hearing. Seriously. Take it from pops & carry ear plugs to the show, kids. I don't imagine there is more or less of a fan. I am just suggesting a concert is very much of-the-moment. The drum solo seemed to be more of a lighthearted break for the band instead of a ground breaking firework show. The pause while the drummer sets up his own kit? The blowing toilet paper? Plus, I felt it created some anticipation for the reprise, not a bad thing.
Old 11-22-2007, 08:33 PM   #25
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
These days, I am amazed vocals can cut through the mix at all; could that be the reason for the popularity of cookie-monster stylings in metal/emo? Plus I think I am losing my hearing. Seriously. Take it from pops & carry ear plugs to the show, kids. I don't imagine there is more or less of a fan. I am just suggesting a concert is very much of-the-moment. The drum solo seemed to be more of a lighthearted break for the band instead of a ground breaking firework show. The pause while the drummer sets up his own kit? The blowing toilet paper? Plus, I felt it created some anticipation for the reprise, not a bad thing.
OFFLINE |  
11-22-2007, 08:42 PM

Yeah I laughed with the blowing toilet paper thing and I liked the drum solo. But I think it ruined my favorite song. Look my opinion is biased, I will admit, I was in the nose bleeds center stage and the sound sucked up there so the fact that the mic was messed up really compounded the sound issue. I can't wait to see Tool at Red Rocks again someday. That was the most epic concert I ever went to for Lateralus Tour.
Old 11-22-2007, 08:42 PM   #26
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Yeah I laughed with the blowing toilet paper thing and I liked the drum solo. But I think it ruined my favorite song. Look my opinion is biased, I will admit, I was in the nose bleeds center stage and the sound sucked up there so the fact that the mic was messed up really compounded the sound issue. I can't wait to see Tool at Red Rocks again someday. That was the most epic concert I ever went to for Lateralus Tour.
OFFLINE |  
captcody
11-22-2007, 09:15 PM

november 21st was the greatest night of my life, it managed to top the colo springs show which is saying something. the visuals were stunning and i thought it sounded great, i dont know why everyones bitching about the mic not being loud enough, maybe its were i sat, but i thought the reason it was so quite was that maynard wanted to not overpower adam and justin, cuz its more about them than him, at least in his mind. but when he wanted he really got thunderously loud.
i thought the crowd was kinda annoying with some dumb bitch screaming "SOBER! SOBER" before 10,000 days, but i thought the intermission before it was awesome, and the into to flood just blew me away!!! what a song! the coolest lights and visuals for it too, OMG!

lasers were fantastic in vicarious, and did anyone notice maynard at the end doing a butterfly thing with his hands for the last few notes of viarious? sooooo funny!!

anywho...if anyone has any pics or videos you should post them or email me at [email protected]... peace out, you drunk bastards, dont drink and drive......you might spill
Old 11-22-2007, 09:15 PM   #27
Level 1 - Lurker

november 21st was the greatest night of my life, it managed to top the colo springs show which is saying something. the visuals were stunning and i thought it sounded great, i dont know why everyones bitching about the mic not being loud enough, maybe its were i sat, but i thought the reason it was so quite was that maynard wanted to not overpower adam and justin, cuz its more about them than him, at least in his mind. but when he wanted he really got thunderously loud.
i thought the crowd was kinda annoying with some dumb bitch screaming "SOBER! SOBER" before 10,000 days, but i thought the intermission before it was awesome, and the into to flood just blew me away!!! what a song! the coolest lights and visuals for it too, OMG!

lasers were fantastic in vicarious, and did anyone notice maynard at the end doing a butterfly thing with his hands for the last few notes of viarious? sooooo funny!!

anywho...if anyone has any pics or videos you should post them or email me at [email protected]... peace out, you drunk bastards, dont drink and drive......you might spill
OFFLINE |  
eddie75's Avatar eddie75
11-22-2007, 09:30 PM

Good show bad seats. Out of the 9 I've seen I'd say it ranks 4th or 5th best. Be it the seats, which were the only bad seats i've ever had for a tool show, or the repetitive set list, it really didn't do much for me. It's always great to see them live, but really the only high light was the drum solo in 46&2 and lateralus. It was a fun show, but i've seen better by both tool and other bands. I'd like to say the acoustics in pepsi center were bad, but I've seen other bands there that sounded much better. The mixing board was doing a poor job this night.

Fun night out but nothing to write home about
Old 11-22-2007, 09:30 PM   #28
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 1202

Good show bad seats. Out of the 9 I've seen I'd say it ranks 4th or 5th best. Be it the seats, which were the only bad seats i've ever had for a tool show, or the repetitive set list, it really didn't do much for me. It's always great to see them live, but really the only high light was the drum solo in 46&2 and lateralus. It was a fun show, but i've seen better by both tool and other bands. I'd like to say the acoustics in pepsi center were bad, but I've seen other bands there that sounded much better. The mixing board was doing a poor job this night.

Fun night out but nothing to write home about
mdjensen
11-22-2007, 10:39 PM

I thought the show was great, as usual. Definitely wish for at least a tweak of the setlist. I've seen them 5 times this tour and with the exception of the first time (May '06 during the mini "warm up" tour) the setlist has varied but little. Aside from that, Danny and Justin own. They're both just fucking animals. And yeah, MJK was a bit more animated and "into it" than other shows...just seemed to be having a bit more fun. The highlight of the night was that I caught the 10" drum head Danny threw out at the end of the show. Unreal.
Old 11-22-2007, 10:39 PM   #29
Level 1 - Lurker

I thought the show was great, as usual. Definitely wish for at least a tweak of the setlist. I've seen them 5 times this tour and with the exception of the first time (May '06 during the mini "warm up" tour) the setlist has varied but little. Aside from that, Danny and Justin own. They're both just fucking animals. And yeah, MJK was a bit more animated and "into it" than other shows...just seemed to be having a bit more fun. The highlight of the night was that I caught the 10" drum head Danny threw out at the end of the show. Unreal.
OFFLINE |  
Toolfan91's Avatar Toolfan91
11-23-2007, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Everyone that is a TOOL fan and has been to a few shows this tour knows when Vicarious is over so is the show, I've been to 13 shows for this tour and thats the way it has been since they were over seas. Thats why they get up and leave, the red rocks show back in the days must have been insane. I said if they go there for this tour I'm going but it never happened oh well. Fuck they won't even play at MSG here in NY, I don't know about you but I'm so sick of this setlist don't get me wrong I will always go to a TOOL show but change it up a little. I heard from a little birdie (someone who works pretty closely to the band) that they are going to tour some more after the x-mas holiday. So save some cash you might need it for a show or two.
Old 11-23-2007, 07:04 AM   #30
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 2

Quote:
Everyone that is a TOOL fan and has been to a few shows this tour knows when Vicarious is over so is the show, I've been to 13 shows for this tour and thats the way it has been since they were over seas. Thats why they get up and leave, the red rocks show back in the days must have been insane. I said if they go there for this tour I'm going but it never happened oh well. Fuck they won't even play at MSG here in NY, I don't know about you but I'm so sick of this setlist don't get me wrong I will always go to a TOOL show but change it up a little. I heard from a little birdie (someone who works pretty closely to the band) that they are going to tour some more after the x-mas holiday. So save some cash you might need it for a show or two.
OFFLINE |  
VinDieselFiesta
11-23-2007, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toolfan91 View Post
this is the first show i've seen since 10,000 days came out that they've ended after vicarious. and i've been to every single colorado show since the cd came out, even the temple beulle show.
Old 11-23-2007, 07:32 AM   #31
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toolfan91 View Post
this is the first show i've seen since 10,000 days came out that they've ended after vicarious. and i've been to every single colorado show since the cd came out, even the temple beulle show.
11-23-2007, 09:41 AM

I didn't see anyone mention this but I've been to every CO show since the mini-tour in Red Rocks in 2001 and I've never heard Adam's guitar sound quite like it did.

When he went to his clean tone it was especially sharp and even had a steel guitar feel to it. Anyone else notice it during Stinkfist or especially 46&2? I liked the change, but was surprised at how different it sounded compared to his usual tone.

I'll see if it sounds the same tonight in Casper!
Old 11-23-2007, 09:41 AM   #32
Level 1 - Lurker

I didn't see anyone mention this but I've been to every CO show since the mini-tour in Red Rocks in 2001 and I've never heard Adam's guitar sound quite like it did.

When he went to his clean tone it was especially sharp and even had a steel guitar feel to it. Anyone else notice it during Stinkfist or especially 46&2? I liked the change, but was surprised at how different it sounded compared to his usual tone.

I'll see if it sounds the same tonight in Casper!
OFFLINE |  
daveharms33
11-23-2007, 06:20 PM

Our seats were great! Club level, section 258, row 3. Badass show and I would agree that the vocals were low for awhile, but it was still loud as hell. I always look at the reviews on this site at previous shows before I actually goto my show to check the setlist. I need to stop that, but I did win a whopping five dollars from my friend, when I told him that they would open with Jambi. Heh, heh, sucker! I would love to show everyone on this site a certain fuckface that slept through every song after 46&2. He was literally passed out drunk for the entire rest of the show. Now, while I am a medically trained firefighter who should at least ask him if he's ok, I didn't and fuck him. I'm off duty. He's now on youtube and I'll go ahead and include the link below. After the show, when everyone was leaving, I got a video from my phone (shame on me for bringing a video phone into the arena) of some random girl applying her make-up to his face. So he pretty much fucked some other fan out of a seat by wasting his seat. Assholes anyway...Great show, great fans... Here ya go:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=4bcwqow47t8
Old 11-23-2007, 06:20 PM   #33
Level 1 - Lurker

Our seats were great! Club level, section 258, row 3. Badass show and I would agree that the vocals were low for awhile, but it was still loud as hell. I always look at the reviews on this site at previous shows before I actually goto my show to check the setlist. I need to stop that, but I did win a whopping five dollars from my friend, when I told him that they would open with Jambi. Heh, heh, sucker! I would love to show everyone on this site a certain fuckface that slept through every song after 46&2. He was literally passed out drunk for the entire rest of the show. Now, while I am a medically trained firefighter who should at least ask him if he's ok, I didn't and fuck him. I'm off duty. He's now on youtube and I'll go ahead and include the link below. After the show, when everyone was leaving, I got a video from my phone (shame on me for bringing a video phone into the arena) of some random girl applying her make-up to his face. So he pretty much fucked some other fan out of a seat by wasting his seat. Assholes anyway...Great show, great fans... Here ya go:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=4bcwqow47t8
OFFLINE |  
hikingartist
11-24-2007, 12:37 PM

Quote:
I hear that. King Crimson opening for TOOL at Red Rocks? Hoo boy! That has to be one of my all time favorite concerts experience (i am factoring in the Stevie Ray Vaughn/Thunderbirds show as well) that I consider once-in-a-lifetime. I was on the 10th row with my son. And your right about the Laterlus material; I would flip to hear The Grudge being played live again.
I was down by the soundboard for the Pepsi show; once again with my son. Way to bond, huh?
Peace. and hope for more TOOL shows in 2008.
Old 11-24-2007, 12:37 PM   #34
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
I hear that. King Crimson opening for TOOL at Red Rocks? Hoo boy! That has to be one of my all time favorite concerts experience (i am factoring in the Stevie Ray Vaughn/Thunderbirds show as well) that I consider once-in-a-lifetime. I was on the 10th row with my son. And your right about the Laterlus material; I would flip to hear The Grudge being played live again.
I was down by the soundboard for the Pepsi show; once again with my son. Way to bond, huh?
Peace. and hope for more TOOL shows in 2008.
OFFLINE |  
11-24-2007, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derge View Post
Simply put: Awesome! Second time seeing them. My brother and I had Section 128
Row 9 Seats 11/12. I believe the vocals were quiet for a reason; to hear the music and not focus just on Maynard.
No, the vocals were low because they didn't set up the balance correctly. It also seemed like when he moved the mic an inch more away from his face the sound disappeared very quickly; a lot of dramatic fluctuations in vocal sound, it was very distracting for me at least. I had a great time and it was a great show but dammit if there was no mic problem it would have been a F***** epic show for me personally.
Old 11-24-2007, 11:35 PM   #35
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Simply put: Awesome! Second time seeing them. My brother and I had Section 128
Row 9 Seats 11/12. I believe the vocals were quiet for a reason; to hear the music and not focus just on Maynard.
No, the vocals were low because they didn't set up the balance correctly. It also seemed like when he moved the mic an inch more away from his face the sound disappeared very quickly; a lot of dramatic fluctuations in vocal sound, it was very distracting for me at least. I had a great time and it was a great show but dammit if there was no mic problem it would have been a F***** epic show for me personally.
OFFLINE |  
tooldude's Avatar tooldude
11-24-2007, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Also; They featured a drummer named Sabastian. Toilet paper landing on him was funny. Who the hell was that guy?
sebastian thomson from trans am
09.08.01 06.15.07 06.17.07 06.23.07 06.29.07 08.07.09 08.08.09 06.25.10 06.26.10 01.24.12 02.04.12 06.23.12 01.22.16 01.23.16 06.07.17 06.08.17 05.20.18 05.08.19 11.02.19 01.29.20 03.04.22 03.18.22 05.25.23
Old 11-24-2007, 11:54 PM   #36
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 7

Quote:
Also; They featured a drummer named Sabastian. Toilet paper landing on him was funny. Who the hell was that guy?
sebastian thomson from trans am
09.08.01 06.15.07 06.17.07 06.23.07 06.29.07 08.07.09 08.08.09 06.25.10 06.26.10 01.24.12 02.04.12 06.23.12 01.22.16 01.23.16 06.07.17 06.08.17 05.20.18 05.08.19 11.02.19 01.29.20 03.04.22 03.18.22 05.25.23
OFFLINE |  
ladycommish's Avatar ladycommish
11-25-2007, 02:50 AM

oh, security was a joke. remind me next time I go to the pepsi center to bring shooters, lighters, bongs, cameras, fucking everything. I didn't even get a pat-down. and the old guy in section 108 - the "usher" .. hope he had a good time. he looked like it. he was awesome as well. every time I wanted to ignite, I looked over at him and he went and did something else for a minute.
Old 11-25-2007, 02:50 AM   #37
Introverted Extrovert

Bincount™: 6698

oh, security was a joke. remind me next time I go to the pepsi center to bring shooters, lighters, bongs, cameras, fucking everything. I didn't even get a pat-down. and the old guy in section 108 - the "usher" .. hope he had a good time. he looked like it. he was awesome as well. every time I wanted to ignite, I looked over at him and he went and did something else for a minute.
OFFLINE |  
hikingartist
11-25-2007, 10:05 AM

I was down on the floor but I have been in the upper seats before (NIN/Perfect Circle) and it felt like a waste of money. It is a crime that they sell those tickets at the same price as the others seats. They may be fine for basketball and hockey, but they are positively dismal for concerts. There are hardly any bands I will see in at the Pepsi Center, but I don't think I would even go if the only tickets they have are upper level.
PS Read the posts for Casper...sounds like the vocal-mix improved.
Old 11-25-2007, 10:05 AM   #38
Level 3 - Talker

I was down on the floor but I have been in the upper seats before (NIN/Perfect Circle) and it felt like a waste of money. It is a crime that they sell those tickets at the same price as the others seats. They may be fine for basketball and hockey, but they are positively dismal for concerts. There are hardly any bands I will see in at the Pepsi Center, but I don't think I would even go if the only tickets they have are upper level.
OFFLINE |  
11-25-2007, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Yes it wasn't even loud up there, I could have a conversation with my friend sitting next to me if I wanted. As I stated before, I needed a perfect performance up in those nose bleeds and the mic problem compounded the sound issue tenfold.
Old 11-25-2007, 10:55 AM   #39
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Yes it wasn't even loud up there, I could have a conversation with my friend sitting next to me if I wanted. As I stated before, I needed a perfect performance up in those nose bleeds and the mic problem compounded the sound issue tenfold.
OFFLINE |  
esp4ever
11-25-2007, 11:30 AM

This was my third time seeing Tool live and it was amazing. It was better than the Coors show and just as good as the Colorado Springs show. I didn't notice the vocals not being loud enough, they were actually better mixed than the World Arena show. The setlist was good but I wish they would have played Aenema and Right in Two. The visuals were awesome, different, and more extravagant than the last show. I think they could have turned everything up a little bit, it wasn't as loud as the last show in Colorado but the Pepsi Center is larger than the World Arena. Overall it was one of the best live shows I've been to along with the other Tool shows and a few other bands that put on great live shows. Wings for Marie and 10,000 Days were amazing and Lateralus and 46&2 were my favorite songs of the show.
Old 11-25-2007, 11:30 AM   #40
Level 1 - Lurker

This was my third time seeing Tool live and it was amazing. It was better than the Coors show and just as good as the Colorado Springs show. I didn't notice the vocals not being loud enough, they were actually better mixed than the World Arena show. The setlist was good but I wish they would have played Aenema and Right in Two. The visuals were awesome, different, and more extravagant than the last show. I think they could have turned everything up a little bit, it wasn't as loud as the last show in Colorado but the Pepsi Center is larger than the World Arena. Overall it was one of the best live shows I've been to along with the other Tool shows and a few other bands that put on great live shows. Wings for Marie and 10,000 Days were amazing and Lateralus and 46&2 were my favorite songs of the show.
OFFLINE |  

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply