opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Live » Live Discussion
User Name
Password
Closed Thread
Old 05-29-2007, 03:44 PM   #2241
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: General Tool tour questions / discussion (merged)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp00k View Post
So how does that actually work? Once you get new seats do you mail your current tickets in, then they ship the new ones?

Ticketmaster fucked up my order and never shipped my tickets to me. So I got stuck with will call. They just changed what tickets I picked up the day of the show. I called and upgraded my tickets on 5/20, and the show was on 5/26. I heard rumblings from people that they showed up at the box office an hour and a half before show and got 1st tier, close to front row seats...but they had to pay $250 for them ( i believe a piece). That bullshit pissed me off. In fact I talked to a number of people who said they got prime seats an hour or two before the show for overinflated prices. But I was happy with my experience.

p.s. the Birmingham show was fucking incredible. I highly, highly, advise getting any seat you can. My new favortie phrase is "ala-fuck yeah-bama".
"Last night am I seeing my little Sophie run by my apartment naked and soapy like bear, pulling giant black dogs around singing "not in the butt"? In old country we have word for that Charlie Asher. Word is NASTY."
~Mrs. Korjev in Christopher Moore's "A Dirty Job"
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-29-2007, 09:53 PM   #2242
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Somewhere in one of these threads, someone posted a myspace page with a band that is MOST DEFINATELY influenced by tool. Let me tell you what people, these guys are gonna be good. They are out of Birmingham Ala fuckyeah bama. Take a look, you won't be disappointed.

www.myspace.com/chalkrock
Old 05-30-2007, 04:28 PM   #2243
Level 1 - Lurker

Does anyone happen to know some of the songs that they play before tool hits the stage...there's one song that has a dripping sound to it with what seems to be a female vocal. Anyone know what it is?
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-01-2007, 05:22 AM   #2244
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

If the concert starts at 8, what time does Tool get on stage? I'm not especially interested in Melt-Banana.
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-01-2007, 05:40 AM   #2245
jwb
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by orcaloverbri9 View Post
If the concert starts at 8, what time does Tool get on stage? I'm not especially interested in Melt-Banana.
Tool goes on about 9pm.
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-01-2007, 05:37 PM   #2246
Level 4 - Thinker

The White Stripes are coming to AK in September.

Patiently awaiting announcement that Tool will be coming up this Fall as well...

:D
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-01-2007, 11:01 PM   #2247
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 4

Laser pointers and beer cups may make this the last US tour. If you're Maynard, do you really want to put up with this shit again? I think he basically left APC because he's sick of record labels, after this tour he may be sick of all aspects of the music industry.
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-01-2007, 11:41 PM   #2248
Level 13 - Nothing Can Defeat the Quad Laser

Bincount™: 8121

Im still really pissed about there being no NYC area dates. My only hope is that they will come to NYC in the fall after Europe.

how could they skip the NYC metropolitan area? 20 million people!
Mardock rules.
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-02-2007, 01:30 PM   #2249
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOOLEYE View Post
Somewhere in one of these threads, someone posted a myspace page with a band that is MOST DEFINATELY influenced by tool. Let me tell you what people, these guys are gonna be good. They are out of Birmingham Ala fuckyeah bama. Take a look, you won't be disappointed.

www.myspace.com/chalkrock
Wow, they totally ripped Tool off. Decent stuff otherwise.
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-02-2007, 06:03 PM   #2250

It's like I said in my post, they are INFLUENCED by TOOL big time. There is nothing wrong with a band trying to emulate the best band in the world (my personal opinion, of course). What up and coming rock band would not want to try and become the next TOOL? No doubt they are far from being "there" but they are on the right path. Hell, I would rather see someone like that open for them rather than ISIS, Kinski, or for that matter, Melt Banana, what a prelude to the real deal that would be!
Old 06-02-2007, 07:33 PM   #2251
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbobbob View Post
Im still really pissed about there being no NYC area dates. My only hope is that they will come to NYC in the fall after Europe.

They'll be back in NYC and will probably have a two-nighter like they've always done.
Old 06-05-2007, 08:13 PM   #2252
Level 1 - Lurker

I have a correction for the European tour thing. Tool will be opening for Nine Inch Nails in Bologna, Italy at the Independent Days Festival on September 2, 2007, not Zagreb, Croatia.
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-06-2007, 06:28 AM   #2253
Level 7 - Loquacious

What time is sound check usually?
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-06-2007, 07:02 AM   #2254
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujobie View Post
I'll be going to the Tampa and Orlando shows. I live in Clearwater.
figures... i just today (a week after the show/s) read your post!!! feel like a tardo. anyway, read your posts. looks like you enjoyed the shows as well. both the tampa and orlando shows were much better than sunrise by the way. i live in st pete and work in clearwater. check your email....
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-06-2007, 07:10 AM   #2255
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujobie View Post
I have a question, or point to make. In reading a lot of the reviews, many people mention that the crowd was "lame" or "not into it" or whatever. Is that to say that people wish the crowd was rowdier, noiser, sang along with the songs, etc? I am a veteran concert goer, and personally, I spend money and go to concerts to hear the band perform, not to hear the drunken sluts next to me sing or scream during the songs. And there are seats so you can sit. I mean, I don't mind standing during an encore or something. But I don't feel the need to stand the entire time and bang my head. That doesn't make me less of a fan. I have, on several occasions, travelled more than 1000 miles to see Tool perform. I'm a big fan. And, God forbid, if I find myself at a Black-Eyed Peas show or something, I'll dance. I just prefer to relax and enjoy the audio-visuals at a Tool show. Am I the only one?
couldn't agree more. everyone attends for their own reasons. just because one differs from the other doesn't make one right. if people spend their energy on their own purpose for being there as opposed to worrying about what others are/aren't doing, they may just have a more fulfilling experience...
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-06-2007, 09:26 AM   #2256
Level 2 - Poster

TA Pre-sale tics

Just curious how the seats have turned out for other TA members that have recieced pre-sale tics at recent shows? Good seats?
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-06-2007, 01:29 PM   #2257
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 25

How has the sound been for upper level seating on the sides of the arena?
Old 06-07-2007, 07:32 AM   #2258
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbobbob View Post

I feel the same about the LA area, no tour dates scheduled yet. I'm kind of getting worried as Aug. 9th approaches, when their European tour starts.

Last edited by over462; 06-07-2007 at 08:36 AM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-07-2007, 09:14 AM   #2259
Level 3 - Talker

For everyone saying this is a farewell tour. Danny Carey indicates otherwise in this article:

http://www.inrich.com/cva/ric/entert...6-07-0002.html

Here's an excerpt:

Interviewer: "What are the plans for the rest of the year, after the European leg?"

DC: "There's been talk of maybe going to Central and South America. We've never been there before, but it's kind of up in the air at this point. Maybe Australia. I'm OK with either one, and if we don't tour I'm ready to start working on new stuff."
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-07-2007, 01:32 PM   #2260
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim.mcguffin View Post
For everyone saying this is a farewell tour. Danny Carey indicates otherwise in this article:

http://www.inrich.com/cva/ric/entert...6-07-0002.html

Here's an excerpt:

Interviewer: "What are the plans for the rest of the year, after the European leg?"

DC: "There's been talk of maybe going to Central and South America. We've never been there before, but it's kind of up in the air at this point. Maybe Australia. I'm OK with either one, and if we don't tour I'm ready to start working on new stuff."
Hopefully Tool will come play on the West Coast since they haven't yet this tour. I still have not seen Wings/10,000 Days or Right in Two. Seattle got them at the Gorge Last August which was about a week before they started to play Wings/10,000 Days live.
Old 06-07-2007, 02:52 PM   #2261
On Probation

Bincount™: 55

guys whats a tool show like from the very top of the stadium like sound and visual wise...ive seen them from the floor at kemper and from the first row balcony at memorial hall but this be my first time seeing them from a high view??? is it worth it?
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-07-2007, 04:51 PM   #2262
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantkeepmeaway View Post
guys whats a tool show like from the very top of the stadium like sound and visual wise...ive seen them from the floor at kemper and from the first row balcony at memorial hall but this be my first time seeing them from a high view??? is it worth it?
Being higher up makes for an interesting visual experience. You won't see the band as much but the stage has visuals projected onto it that only can be seen from a distance (or elevation) so from a visual standpoint distance shouldn't be a problem. The sound varies arena to arena. The Allstate in Chicago for instance sounds like shit no matter where you are.
Old 06-07-2007, 06:48 PM   #2263
Level 2 - Poster

Re: TA Pre-sale tics

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondFear View Post
Just curious how the seats have turned out for other TA members that have recieced pre-sale tics at recent shows? Good seats?
My seats were 10 rows from the front, dead center. I haven't talked to one person that had bad seats. By the way concerning all of the complaints, I can only speak for myself, I had no problems. I recieved an email about 5 days before the show informing me that my tickets had shipped and could be picked up at will call. They were there waiting for me the day of the show.
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-08-2007, 12:10 PM   #2264
Level 3 - Talker

Anybody know any good place to find good live recordings? Feel free to email me @ [email protected]. Wish I had last night's Richmond show. It was life changing.
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-08-2007, 12:16 PM   #2265
predicticus maximus

Bincount™: 2

Anyone have any pictures of what the shirts look like?
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-08-2007, 06:33 PM   #2266
On Probation

Bincount™: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOOLEYE View Post
Hell, I would rather see someone like that open for them rather than ISIS, Kinski, or for that matter, Melt Banana, what a prelude to the real deal that would be!
Having a band like ISIS open for tool was perfect. Their music is as emotionally charged as 10,000 Days, it sets the tone. There are a lot worse bands to have as openers, such as that haggard band that supported them on their Australian tour in '01, who were a year or 2 shy of spending the rest of their lives in a retirement home.
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-09-2007, 01:05 AM   #2267
Level 4 - Thinker

I figured this was the right place to post these...the first one is a pic from the show they did in San Diego at the Cox Arena, 5/2/07. It didn't come out very well at first, but due to photo editing abilities, it became salvagable. I think it looks cool. And the second pic is of Tool's tour bus, just for those who are interested what it looks like if you haven't seen it.

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h198/brokenpsyche/toolconcert1.png

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h198/brokenpsyche/tools_tour_bus.png
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-09-2007, 08:21 AM   #2268

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure As We Begin View Post
I figured this was the right place to post these...the first one is a pic from the show they did in San Diego at the Cox Arena, 5/2/07. It didn't come out very well at first, but due to photo editing abilities, it became salvagable. I think it looks cool. And the second pic is of Tool's tour bus, just for those who are interested what it looks like if you haven't seen it.

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h198/brokenpsyche/toolconcert1.png

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h198/brokenpsyche/tools_tour_bus.png
Each band member has their own tour bus. The one in this picture is MJK's.
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-09-2007, 11:42 AM   #2269
Level 1 - Lurker

I noticed that MJK was wearing some sort of pouch on his belt, it almost looked like those pouches mountain climbers wear that hold their hand chalk. Does anyone know what he uses this for?
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-09-2007, 06:01 PM   #2270
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross View Post
Each band member has their own tour bus. The one in this picture is MJK's.
ahh we saw it and my wife said. look the art is by Paul Frank that's Maynard's bus and I told her she was wrong. Now she is kicking me for not getting a pick of it. Here are the pics we got with the cell phone cam

http://ui.agileguitarforum.com/photos/?album=6
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-10-2007, 12:02 AM   #2271
Level 4 - Thinker

Oh, I didn't know they had their own tour buses. I wonder why? Maybe they don't wanna get "too much" of each other and spoil their onstage chemistry...but anyway, I'm glad I got to ride to the Cox Arena directly behind Maynard. That's pretty cool.
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-10-2007, 05:51 AM   #2272
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Oh, I didn't know they had their own tour buses. I wonder why? Maybe they don't wanna get "too much" of each other and spoil their onstage chemistry...but anyway, I'm glad I got to ride to the Cox Arena directly behind Maynard. That's pretty cool.
Wonder what is inside the little trailer his bus pulls? Also for wanting to be low key his bus sure stands out with a couple hundred knives painted on it LOL
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-10-2007, 06:30 AM   #2273
Banned.

Anyone know why their is no acknowledgment of the July 18th show in Jersey on Tool's site or this site?
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-10-2007, 09:55 AM   #2274
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 55

Quote:
I would say it is because people need their space. They need a place to be alone. Would you rather have your own bus or share a bus with three other people for a year and a half?
Old 06-11-2007, 09:03 AM   #2275
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 3

http://www.toolshed.it/ here I've posted a sort of guide with short but useful information about the final european leg. Click on the news/ions.

I think it can be practical for anyone who's looking for tickets and other information about the festivals. If anyone has info about the turkish date, please contact me.
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-12-2007, 06:21 AM   #2276
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiralReflection View Post
Laser pointers and beer cups may make this the last US tour. If you're Maynard, do you really want to put up with this shit again? I think he basically left APC because he's sick of record labels, after this tour he may be sick of all aspects of the music industry.
Sounds like some people are being idiots at the shows.

My first tool show in Baltimore seemed pretty chill, everyone was just there for the music. I guess that's why Maynard went out of his way to stop and thank the audience for showing respect for the band.
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-12-2007, 06:25 AM   #2277
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by propellerhead View Post
I have a correction for the European tour thing. Tool will be opening for Nine Inch Nails in Bologna, Italy at the Independent Days Festival on September 2, 2007, not Zagreb, Croatia.
Oh man, that's amazing.

Are there any other tool/NiN shows scheduled for the future?

Man, I almost wish I was still in Italy...although if I were I wouldn't be in Italy at all, I'd be in the sandbox.
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-12-2007, 09:11 PM   #2278
Level 4 - Thinker

Oh shit...My cousin told me danny hits this gong during lateralus that is just sick! Happen at any other shows
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-12-2007, 09:34 PM   #2279
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
Originally Posted by waroco View Post
Oh shit...My cousin told me danny hits this gong during lateralus that is just sick! Happen at any other shows
Yeah, he's been doing that since the Lateralus tour check this out at about 1:45 onward. Tell me he's not a machine.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=JVbFrl9wLBA
Old 06-12-2007, 09:54 PM   #2280
Level 4 - Thinker

Maz...i got to say that just made my night. I cant wait till i can hear that live...June 23rd whoopwhoop
OFFLINE |  

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: