opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Live » Live Discussion
User Name
Password
Closed Thread
Old 05-30-2009, 09:49 AM   #6161
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 26
Re: General Tool tour questions / discussion (merged)

Yeah.. presently I'm just doing everything possible to get the best seats for my friends and I. Just called customer support and they're saying I can't do any better.
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-30-2009, 09:54 AM   #6162
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesegreater View Post
Yeah.. presently I'm just doing everything possible to get the best seats for my friends and I. Just called customer support and they're saying I can't do any better.
For a Tool show, the main thing that matters is you are somewhere inside the arena when it happens.
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-30-2009, 09:55 AM   #6163
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0

Quote:
Hey Sven, looks like I'll be seeing you there bro. Got 225 as well.

Two questions:

1.) Is there a number I can call to talk to an actual ticketmaster person?

2.) Seeing how I got in sec 225, even though I was trying to buy at 10 fucking a.m. on the dot, how's the show going to be? Is this like way far away, or is decently close?
What row are you in 225? Honestly anywhere is going to be decent, there's nothing wrong with balcony side seats and the section doesn't seem to be too far from the stage. The way Tool has their stage shows set up, they're to be taken in from a distance and being closer or lower than a certain level might let you make out the sweat beads on Justin's arms, but you won't be seeing all of the stage show. You can get to customer support by calling the automated line and basically giving it wrong answers or making it not understand you. I believe they quit doing ticket upgrades a while back. I'm going to check now and see if I can pull anything better up. I'm just hesitant to buy another pair of tickets since I'd have to worry about selling the pair I got earlier.
10/23/01 Oklahoma City, OK - 7/25/02 Tulsa, OK - 11/16/02 Oklahoma City, OK - 9/14/06 Dallas, TX - 5/11/07 Wichita, KS - 5/19/07 Oklahoma City, OK - 11/19/07 Tulsa, OK - 7/24/09 San Antonio, TX - 7/25/09 Dallas, TX - 6/23/10 Oklahoma City, OK
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-30-2009, 10:16 AM   #6164
Level 4 - Thinker

i was fortunate to get one floor seat for phoenix and it's row 8 seat 1. the order says it's seated floor. i had to try twice to get it and i was reloading for a couple mins before the page came up. good luck to everyone else. it seems like the floor seats were gone very quickly. i guess all the southern california fans and everyone in the southwest figured this could be it with no additional dates.
does anyone know if seat one will be on justin or adam's side of the stage? when i saw them last, in tucson 07, i was right in front of adam.
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-30-2009, 10:33 AM   #6165
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

I just pulled up two seats on the floor for phx. Row 17. I already have two in lower bowl and I'm short so no floor for me. Going to release in a couple of minutes if interested.
Old 05-30-2009, 10:54 AM   #6166
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 37

there's no way the floor is seated----ill be pissed as all hell.
anyone with LEGITIMATE information in PHX who knows if the floor will indeed be seated, post here.
Old 05-30-2009, 11:05 AM   #6167
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 37

fyi, as per calling the box office, us airways says floor is GA
Old 05-30-2009, 11:08 AM   #6168
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by just simulacra View Post
anyone with LEGITIMATE information in PHX who knows if the floor will indeed be seated, post here.
i just called ticketmaster and confirmed with them the entire floor is seats, he even checked with his manager. there you go, pal.
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-30-2009, 11:09 AM   #6169
Level 10 - Vehement

Quote:
Originally Posted by just simulacra View Post
Hey I am LEGIT!

... too legit to quit
... hey hey

The floor has seats!
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-30-2009, 12:10 PM   #6170
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 45

fuckers.

i had a GA ticket for the charlotte show. just as i was clicking CONFIRM i got "internet explorer encountered an error and needs to shut down".

by the time i reloaded the page it was 10:02 and only upper bowl was left.

then of course being the idiot I am, i slept in today and missed the onsales for pheonix/fairfax/san antonio.

but damn that charlotte GA internet explorer fuckup really pisses me off.

anywhore, suffice to say.... since i'm coming from so far away I don't want to settle for the shitty seats TM has right now. I will pay above face value to anyone (preferably not a scalper) who has a single decent seat for the san antonio, fairfax, pheonix and charlotte showss. or maybe we meet at venue and I buy you beer for the night!..
Old 05-30-2009, 12:12 PM   #6171
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Also, another question for the Americans here.

At any event basically anywhere in Canada I can show up before the event and find 10+ scalpers walking around selling tickets. A coworker of mine who used to live in Texas says you NEVER see physical scalpers in the usa? is this a regional thing depending on the state?

basically i want to know if I just show up to some of the shows with cash, will I be able to buy a decent ticket from a scalper outside the venue? (legally..)
Old 05-30-2009, 12:27 PM   #6172
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanaduh View Post

At any event basically anywhere in Canada I can show up before the event and find 10+ scalpers walking around selling tickets. A coworker of mine who used to live in Texas says you NEVER see physical scalpers in the usa? is this a regional thing depending on the state?

basically i want to know if I just show up to some of the shows with cash, will I be able to buy a decent ticket from a scalper outside the venue? (legally..)
Depends on the state. I've lived in FL and CA and they'res always scalpers. In FL it's illegal to sell for more than face (technically but I've seen it done) and in CA you can scalp but you have to be off the venue's property. The schmucks always say or have a sign saying "I need tickets" but then they are holding tickets in their other hand. Not sure about TX
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-30-2009, 12:28 PM   #6173
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:

no, its illegal within a certain distance from the venue/concert in the U.S. (In most states anyway, or so I have heard). I have tickets for Phoenix that I may need to sell as my brother and his girlfriend may not be able to make it now. PM me for details, I certainly wouldnt mind selling them to a fellow ToolNavy dude.
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-30-2009, 01:10 PM   #6174
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHarv35 View Post
no, its illegal within a certain distance from the venue/concert in the U.S. (In most states anyway, or so I have heard). I have tickets for Phoenix that I may need to sell as my brother and his girlfriend may not be able to make it now. PM me for details, I certainly wouldnt mind selling them to a fellow ToolNavy dude.

In Arizona you can find tons of people scalping tickets at a show the size of this one. I've done this before at sold out shows. They do have to stay a short way from the entrance but it's not a big deal. If you show up in Phx with cash, you will get in... but it may cost you a bit.
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-30-2009, 03:28 PM   #6175
Level 3 - Talker

Is it too much to hope that Tool visits Houston in their Summer tour? I know they've got the San Antonio and Dallas dates. I'm kicking myself because I passed on getting Dallas tickets once they went on sale in hopes of a Houston date, but now that there is a San Antonio date, I'm wondering if I should just by a ticket and figure out a way there later. I do not want to miss Tool again. If I have to walk to San Antonio, I will. But a Houston show would be better and save me some trouble. Does anyone have any advice?
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-30-2009, 03:37 PM   #6176
Level 10 - Vehement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizume View Post
Is it too much to hope that Tool visits Houston in their Summer tour? I know they've got the San Antonio and Dallas dates. I'm kicking myself because I passed on getting Dallas tickets once they went on sale in hopes of a Houston date, but now that there is a San Antonio date, I'm wondering if I should just by a ticket and figure out a way there later. I do not want to miss Tool again. If I have to walk to San Antonio, I will. But a Houston show would be better and save me some trouble. Does anyone have any advice?
To answer your question- YES, it's too much to hope for. They aren't coming to Houston. Stop screwing around and arrange a ticket for one of the other shows in TX. Even on the off chance they confirm a show in Houston, what's worst case scenario? Either you will get to see them twice or you can sell your extra ticket. No lose situation.
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-30-2009, 03:43 PM   #6177
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnyboy11 View Post
To answer your question- YES, it's too much to hope for. They aren't coming to Houston. Stop screwing around and arrange a ticket for one of the other shows in TX. Even on the off chance they confirm a show in Houston, what's worst case scenario? Either you will get to see them twice or you can sell your extra ticket. No lose situation.
Man Sonny, I've got to say I really admire your spirit. You're totally right. I laughed my ass off when I read your response about Tool shows, "It's best to be somewhere in the arena when they happen." Classic. Seriously I'm totally fucking stoked! I AM THE PROUD OWNER OF TOOL TICKETS!!

Anybody second guessing... Christ, you're already here talking to a bunch of Toolheads asking if you should go or not. Go.

: )
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-30-2009, 03:44 PM   #6178
Level 3 - Talker

True, it's a win-win situation. ^^ Thanks. I hope there are a few good seats left for the San Antonio show! Time to go and browse through what TicketMaster has left.
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-30-2009, 03:55 PM   #6179
Level 10 - Vehement

Quote:
True, it's a win-win situation. ^^ Thanks. I hope there are a few good seats left for the San Antonio show! Time to go and browse through what TicketMaster has left.
Couple of things- first, even if you don't find great seats at TM, just grab what you can now and make sure you are there for whichever venue you choose (thanks for the comment about that earlier Cheese!).

Second, don't worry too much if your seats aren't that great right outta the gate. Tickets open up at TM from time to time if you check regularly. And these forums can hook you up too.

Sometimes it gets down to the wire but patience is a virtue. Honestly, I am still stunned they're actually going to play this year.

Just. Be. There.
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-30-2009, 05:05 PM   #6180
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatsarealzinger View Post
It's all good, you should have a great view of the visual show as a whole from the back of the arena. I prefer to be back a little bit at Tool shows anyway. I just feel lucky that one of the dates on this short tour is within driving distance.

Good luck to everyone buying tix this morning. Fuck ticket bots!
Yeah, and as long as the sound mix is alright where I'm sitting I'll be happy.
Richmond - Richmond Coliseum. 6-7-07
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-30-2009, 05:12 PM   #6181
Level 3 - Talker

I plan to be there. I bought my ticket and I just printed it out. Words cannot express how excited I am now that I actually have the ticket in my hands. If by some chance they play Houston too, I'll just go to both shows.

I'm up in the balcony, Section 225, Row 8, Seat 6. As long as I'm there, it's all good. This will be my second time seeing Tool live and my third concert experience all together. My first concert was an A Perfect Circle one. I've never been to San Antonio before, so this might be fun. I get to take a trip all by myself. Hopefully I won't get lost. Why am I rambling? Because I'm excited, of course.

Thank you for that little extra push, Sonnyboy. ^^ I don't even know why I bothered hesitating or thinking about it.

Quote:
Couple of things- first, even if you don't find great seats at TM, just grab what you can now and make sure you are there for whichever venue you choose (thanks for the comment about that earlier Cheese!).

Second, don't worry too much if your seats aren't that great right outta the gate. Tickets open up at TM from time to time if you check regularly. And these forums can hook you up too.

Sometimes it gets down to the wire but patience is a virtue. Honestly, I am still stunned they're actually going to play this year.

Just. Be. There.
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-30-2009, 05:42 PM   #6182
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Quote:
I plan to be there. I bought my ticket and I just printed it out. Words cannot express how excited I am now that I actually have the ticket in my hands. If by some chance they play Houston too, I'll just go to both shows.

I'm up in the balcony, Section 225, Row 8, Seat 6. As long as I'm there, it's all good. This will be my second time seeing Tool live and my third concert experience all together. My first concert was an A Perfect Circle one. I've never been to San Antonio before, so this might be fun. I get to take a trip all by myself. Hopefully I won't get lost. Why am I rambling? Because I'm excited, of course.

Thank you for that little extra push, Sonnyboy. ^^ I don't even know why I bothered hesitating or thinking about it.
You did the right thing. They're not going to play Houston. If they were going to schedule another show around that time frame it would either be Kansas, Oklahoma, Arkansas or New Orleans. But it seems at this point none of that is going to happen either. I can't even believe they're playing two shows in Texas. In fact, you might even want to think about trying to score a ticket for Dallas too since some people seem to think that something extra is going to be implemented at that show. I have tickets for Dallas, but I've been scouting around for better seats.. and unfortunately at this time it doesn't seem that there are any to be had for under $200. But either way, you are going to see Tool this summer, it'll be amazing.
10/23/01 Oklahoma City, OK - 7/25/02 Tulsa, OK - 11/16/02 Oklahoma City, OK - 9/14/06 Dallas, TX - 5/11/07 Wichita, KS - 5/19/07 Oklahoma City, OK - 11/19/07 Tulsa, OK - 7/24/09 San Antonio, TX - 7/25/09 Dallas, TX - 6/23/10 Oklahoma City, OK
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-30-2009, 06:12 PM   #6183
Level 4 - Thinker

Congrats to everyone who scored tickets. I'll be at both the Dallas and San Antonio shows. For Dallas I'm in section 308, and SA I'll be in 125. Got surprised that they are touring, so it's really hard to complain about seats. I'll also be lookin to upgrade both seats, so we'll see. Out of curiosity, did anyone else have trouble with the CAPTCHA image this mornin? After I entered mine in the first time, it said there was an error and I had to start the ticket search process again. Wonderin if it was a common thing.
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-30-2009, 06:24 PM   #6184
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:

I think the law here in Texas is that tickets can't be resold within 100 yards of the venue/arena. Been to the ATT center hundreds of times for Spurs games and you'll always see people selling tickets at the Valero gas station off of I-35 right before you get to the arena. I know I've bought a few for playoff games off those guys, and have never had a problem.
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-30-2009, 07:45 PM   #6185
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

man I can't wait until next sat. for Rio Rancho tix to go on sale only 55$ floor tix!!!!Plus the Star Center is only like 7500 seats.The wife and I already have tix for Mile High Music Festival so this summer is shapin up pretty fuckin sweet !!!
Old 05-30-2009, 08:08 PM   #6186
Level 3 - Talker

Still waiting for someone else to have information/confirmation about Toronto on August 6th, even though Molson Amphitheatre is a sterile, corporate venue with 1 security asshole for every 2 ticketholders.
Checking several times daily.

Is anyone else excited/interested in the Faith No More reunion?
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-30-2009, 09:21 PM   #6187
Level 9 - Obstreperous

how ironic.

i used to do security at the molson ampitheatre.

they're pretty anal about underage drinking since the government takes away their licence to serve alcohol for 1-2 shows per year.

overall i would say the molson amp is an awesome concert venue.
Old 05-30-2009, 11:06 PM   #6188
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
how ironic.

i used to do security at the molson ampitheatre.

they're pretty anal about underage drinking since the government takes away their licence to serve alcohol for 1-2 shows per year.

overall i would say the molson amp is an awesome concert venue.
If they catch underage drinkers or they just do it as a scare tactic? And legal age in Canada is 19 right? We down here in the 19th century lose 2 years of profit that way!
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-30-2009, 11:32 PM   #6189
Level 10 - Vehement

So, now that I have Phx tickets, I am starting to think I can make that NM date too. I ride a big, fatass cruiser (the same one that took me to Coachella all 3 days) and I am thinking I can make the trip into two legs.

First leg- LA to Phx is 500 miles. Leave LA around 8am, arrive Phx around 3pm. See Tool.

Second leg- Phx to Rio Rancho is 430 miles . Leave Phx around 9am, arrive NM around 4pm. See Tool.

Think I can pull it off?
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-31-2009, 01:34 AM   #6190
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
So, now that I have Phx tickets, I am starting to think I can make that NM date too. I ride a big, fatass cruiser (the same one that took me to Coachella all 3 days) and I am thinking I can make the trip into two legs.

First leg- LA to Phx is 500 miles. Leave LA around 8am, arrive Phx around 3pm. See Tool.

Second leg- Phx to Rio Rancho is 430 miles . Leave Phx around 9am, arrive NM around 4pm. See Tool.

Think I can pull it off?

hell yea, youll have a few gours to spare incase you leave late. i have pulled in lots at 845 in the nick of time, go for it!!!

im jealous for sure, im waitin on PNW and cali dates to see how many i can hit up.
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-31-2009, 04:07 AM   #6191
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicmansf View Post
If they catch underage drinkers or they just do it as a scare tactic? And legal age in Canada is 19 right? We down here in the 19th century lose 2 years of profit that way!
Legal drinking age is 18 in Quebec, Alberta and Manitoba.

All other provinces it is 19.

And the government agency that monitors drinking laws does random checks at any events in Ontario. If they find significant underage drinking they take away the licence that allows the venue to sell alcohol for 1-3 events.

During the Nine Inch Nails concert in Ottawa in fall 2008, they were not allowed to sell any alcohol during the event as punishment for serving too many minors in an ottawa senators NHL game the week prior.

The Molson Ampitheatre usually gets dinged for 1 or 2 shows every year.
Old 05-31-2009, 08:48 AM   #6192
Level 10 - Vehement

Quote:
Originally Posted by soreal View Post
hell yea, youll have a few gours to spare incase you leave late. i have pulled in lots at 845 in the nick of time, go for it!!!

im jealous for sure, im waitin on PNW and cali dates to see how many i can hit up.
I know what you mean but I am starting to think there won't be any west coast dates. It's hard to imagine them not playing here but looking at the tour schedule and the fact this mini tour is only supposed to last a few weeks, I am skeptical they'll be here at all.

Oh, and as one of my brothers on the Coachella board pointed out, Phoenix is not 500 miles from LA. More like 375. My Google map skills take a dive by the 4th beer!

Last edited by sonnyboy11; 05-31-2009 at 08:57 AM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-31-2009, 09:04 AM   #6193
Level 8 - Vociferous

Hey Sonny, you should say fuck it and keep heading east and catch the San An show. That way we can rock that beer you were talking about. Ha!

Right now I'm wishing a miracle will happen and I'll be able to catch the Dallas show on my way back home. But who knows? Either way it'll be a blast, and Sven... We should be in the same section, I need to check my email to know which row.

Also wondering how the rows are numbered at AT@T. Would like row 1 be in front or the highest numbered row?
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-31-2009, 09:11 AM   #6194
Level 4 - Thinker

Now the only debate is...drive to Phoenix from l.A. or take a cheap Southwest flight... Are there any opinions out there on the ratio of assholes to nice patrons in a typical Phoenix show? Certainly it can't be any worse than L.A. Section 102, here we come.
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-31-2009, 09:17 AM   #6195
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phosphorescent Button View Post
Now the only debate is...drive to Phoenix from l.A. or take a cheap Southwest flight... Are there any opinions out there on the ratio of assholes to nice patrons in a typical Phoenix show? Certainly it can't be any worse than L.A. Section 102, here we come.
see you there, dude. im making the drive (from an hour north of LA), although flights are very cheap at the moment. Gas is cheaper though, I'd say.
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-31-2009, 09:37 AM   #6196
Level 10 - Vehement

The flights are really cheap, but then you'd probably have to rent a car once you got to the airport just to get to the arena. So driving is probably the better option if you can aford to take the time to do it.

Phosphorescent, I'd let you ride on the back of my bike out there since I'm also in LA, but you'd have to be a girl!

... and I'd have to check with my wife to make sure it's ok. :(
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-31-2009, 09:42 AM   #6197
Level 10 - Vehement

Quote:
Hey Sonny, you should say fuck it and keep heading east and catch the San An show. That way we can rock that beer you were talking about. Ha!

Right now I'm wishing a miracle will happen and I'll be able to catch the Dallas show on my way back home. But who knows? Either way it'll be a blast, and Sven... We should be in the same section, I need to check my email to know which row.

Also wondering how the rows are numbered at AT@T. Would like row 1 be in front or the highest numbered row?
Hmm Rio Rancho to San Antonio... let's see... whoa 838 miles! Hm, and of course if I did that I would have to go to the Dallas show too. And then Duluth, GA is only about another 800 miles after that... maybe I'll just take the whole damn month off! I'm already doing the Jersey City show!

j/k I'm hardcore but not that hard core.
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-31-2009, 09:52 AM   #6198
Level 3 - Talker

I've been looking for tickets for the Dallas show, but I can't find any at Ticketmaster and the ones I have come across are well over 200.00. I've got my ticket for the San Antonio show, so that's all that matters now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sven View Post
You did the right thing. They're not going to play Houston. If they were going to schedule another show around that time frame it would either be Kansas, Oklahoma, Arkansas or New Orleans. But it seems at this point none of that is going to happen either. I can't even believe they're playing two shows in Texas. In fact, you might even want to think about trying to score a ticket for Dallas too since some people seem to think that something extra is going to be implemented at that show. I have tickets for Dallas, but I've been scouting around for better seats.. and unfortunately at this time it doesn't seem that there are any to be had for under $200. But either way, you are going to see Tool this summer, it'll be amazing.
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-31-2009, 10:07 AM   #6199
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
The flights are really cheap, but then you'd probably have to rent a car once you got to the airport just to get to the arena. So driving is probably the better option if you can aford to take the time to do it.

:(
Good point. After looking at the cost of flights and all of the associated fees, me thinks driving is the way to go. If anyone is looking for great deals on rooms and is a CitiBank card holder, Citi Extra Cash rewards has some nice rates. Got a room at the Hyatt Regency Downtown Phoenix, the closest (0.2 miles) hotel to the venue for $95. Gonna be nice not having to pay for venue parking and just walk to the show!
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-31-2009, 10:12 AM   #6200
Level 10 - Vehement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phosphorescent Button View Post
Good point. After looking at the cost of flights and all of the associated fees, me thinks driving is the way to go. If anyone is looking for great deals on rooms and is a CitiBank card holder, Citi Extra Cash rewards has some nice rates. Got a room at the Hyatt Regency Downtown Phoenix, the closest (0.2 miles) hotel to the venue for $95. Gonna be nice not having to pay for venue parking and just walk to the show!
Thanks for the suggestion. I'll look into it. I think I can also swing a discount rate at the Marriot, but even without it, the rates there are great too. $99 for the night. And this one is walking distance to the arena

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/trave...enix-downtown/

Edit- wrong url. Corrected now.

Last edited by sonnyboy11; 05-31-2009 at 10:44 AM..
OFFLINE |  

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: