Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » 03. Wings for Marie
User Name
Password
prohibitedart's Avatar prohibitedart
05-06-2006, 01:00 PM

Second time poster, long time Tool fan. Going on seven years now.

I was hesitant to listen to Wings For Marie/10,000 Days for awhile, mainly sticking to tracks like Jambi, The Pot, and Right in Two.
But now that I've listened to the song a few more times, I find there's something really special about it. It's very therapeutic.
The way the track creeps up on you and releases is amazing.

The whole album is brilliant; it's different. It's not predictable. And I must say I'm really impressed with everyone else's feedback concerning themes of individual songs and the album as a whole.

Last edited by prohibitedart; 05-06-2006 at 01:05 PM..
Old 05-06-2006, 01:00 PM   #1
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Quickly becoming my favorite song on the album

Second time poster, long time Tool fan. Going on seven years now.

I was hesitant to listen to Wings For Marie/10,000 Days for awhile, mainly sticking to tracks like Jambi, The Pot, and Right in Two.
But now that I've listened to the song a few more times, I find there's something really special about it. It's very therapeutic.
The way the track creeps up on you and releases is amazing.

The whole album is brilliant; it's different. It's not predictable. And I must say I'm really impressed with everyone else's feedback concerning themes of individual songs and the album as a whole.

Last edited by prohibitedart; 05-06-2006 at 01:05 PM..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
DON IOTAE's Avatar DON IOTAE
05-06-2006, 01:06 PM

Yeah, it's a good one. My favourite still, by far, is The Pot. But marie is a great song. It does build up nicely, and the words are really a nice complement to the angry expressions of MJK in Judith...
Old 05-06-2006, 01:06 PM   #2
Banned.

Bincount™: 13310
Re: Quickly becomnig my favorite song on the album

Yeah, it's a good one. My favourite still, by far, is The Pot. But marie is a great song. It does build up nicely, and the words are really a nice complement to the angry expressions of MJK in Judith...
rinia
05-07-2006, 12:18 AM

Wings for Marie and 10,000 Days are my favorite tracks on the cd, hands down.
Old 05-07-2006, 12:18 AM   #3
Level 2 - Poster

Wings for Marie and 10,000 Days are my favorite tracks on the cd, hands down.
fugitive538's Avatar fugitive538
05-07-2006, 09:17 AM

At the moment i consider the Wings pt1-pt2 combo as my favourite song on the album (it has got a really special atmosphere. Genius work.). But it will probably change, since the album is still quite unknown to me. i only have it for 6 days now. And a Tool-album takes a lot more time to understand and appreciate. So now my favourite is the wings for marie. But right now for example Jambi is cathing up fast...:-)
Old 05-07-2006, 09:17 AM   #4
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1

At the moment i consider the Wings pt1-pt2 combo as my favourite song on the album (it has got a really special atmosphere. Genius work.). But it will probably change, since the album is still quite unknown to me. i only have it for 6 days now. And a Tool-album takes a lot more time to understand and appreciate. So now my favourite is the wings for marie. But right now for example Jambi is cathing up fast...:-)
05-07-2006, 10:35 AM

Jambi is probably my favourite now. It was my least favourite on the first few listens, but now its amazing.

I'm listening to wings now. It really is unpredictable.

I avoid cliches like the plague.
Old 05-07-2006, 10:35 AM   #5
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 200

Jambi is probably my favourite now. It was my least favourite on the first few listens, but now its amazing.

I'm listening to wings now. It really is unpredictable.

I avoid cliches like the plague.
Phineas Loudbottom
05-07-2006, 06:47 PM

It's the first song that caught my attention as having some musical sublimity, something which has since changed to include other parts of the album. I think it should have been 10,000 Days' opening track. It certainly would have set a contemplative mood.

First post. Toolshed's been around for ages and I didn't realize there was a forum...D'oh! :P
Old 05-07-2006, 06:47 PM   #6
Level 1 - Lurker

It's the first song that caught my attention as having some musical sublimity, something which has since changed to include other parts of the album. I think it should have been 10,000 Days' opening track. It certainly would have set a contemplative mood.

First post. Toolshed's been around for ages and I didn't realize there was a forum...D'oh! :P
Spaceman Spiff's Avatar Spaceman Spiff
02-28-2007, 07:16 PM

"Wings For Marie" seems more and more superfluous the more I hear it. One of the weakest tracks onthe record, I think. Take it, and "The Pot," out and the album's better already. Replace them with something else and it'll be a solid record.
Old 02-28-2007, 07:16 PM   #7
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 32

"Wings For Marie" seems more and more superfluous the more I hear it. One of the weakest tracks onthe record, I think. Take it, and "The Pot," out and the album's better already. Replace them with something else and it'll be a solid record.
p.r.a.i.s.e.'s Avatar p.r.a.i.s.e.
08-12-2007, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceman Spiff View Post
"Wings For Marie" seems more and more superfluous the more I hear it. One of the weakest tracks on the record, I think. Take it, and "The Pot," out and the album's better already. Replace them with something else and it'll be a solid record.
weakest? Wings, though the vocals are soft, is definitely a strong track. Its pt one of a memorial to his mother, & its my belief that its an extremely courageous thing to make such a dedication.
that, and I rather like The Pot.
Old 08-12-2007, 05:03 PM   #8
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceman Spiff View Post
"Wings For Marie" seems more and more superfluous the more I hear it. One of the weakest tracks on the record, I think. Take it, and "The Pot," out and the album's better already. Replace them with something else and it'll be a solid record.
weakest? Wings, though the vocals are soft, is definitely a strong track. Its pt one of a memorial to his mother, & its my belief that its an extremely courageous thing to make such a dedication.
that, and I rather like The Pot.
Cheesegreater
08-12-2007, 10:44 PM

I wouldn't want a single song on this album replaced.
Old 08-12-2007, 10:44 PM   #9
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 26

I wouldn't want a single song on this album replaced.
p.r.a.i.s.e.'s Avatar p.r.a.i.s.e.
08-13-2007, 12:56 PM

i couldn't agree with you more Cheesegreater
Old 08-13-2007, 12:56 PM   #10
Level 4 - Thinker

i couldn't agree with you more Cheesegreater
Hodge
08-13-2007, 01:02 PM

although the 6 minutes and 13 seconds taken up by Lipan/Viginti could have been put to better use
Old 08-13-2007, 01:02 PM   #11
Smokes poutine every day

Bincount™: 6367

although the 6 minutes and 13 seconds taken up by Lipan/Viginti could have been put to better use
base metal's Avatar base metal
08-14-2007, 10:45 AM

Wings for Marie certainly deserves praise. One of my favorites on the album without a doubt.
Old 08-14-2007, 10:45 AM   #12
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 4198

Wings for Marie certainly deserves praise. One of my favorites on the album without a doubt.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply