opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Undertow » 69. Disgustipated
User Name
Password
Old 07-01-2008, 10:47 AM   #81
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 1
Re: disgusted and constapated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner_Eulogy View Post
I'm confused, the end date of the Mayan calendar is 12/21/2012, not in 2011 ??
Well, we enter the last stage in 2011. Thats the point of the pyramid, so to speak. Then every "Day" (Phase of the moon) consists of 20 days (or so, I forget)...which ends on Dec 21st, 2012.

It entered a new phase in significant points in our evolution, the Industrial revolution, and when the internet became a household thing (1999). I agree with you though. I think there is going to be a massive cataclysm that will force people to evolve... kind of a... new birth in death thing. (this brings to mind that picture of the unborn infant in the skull).
Old 07-01-2008, 10:58 AM   #82
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Your_noose View Post
Well, we enter the last stage in 2011. Thats the point of the pyramid, so to speak. Then every "Day" (Phase of the moon) consists of 20 days (or so, I forget)...which ends on Dec 21st, 2012.

It entered a new phase in significant points in our evolution, the Industrial revolution, and when the internet became a household thing (1999). I agree with you though. I think there is going to be a massive cataclysm that will force people to evolve... kind of a... new birth in death thing. (this brings to mind that picture of the unborn infant in the skull).
I agree, and I think there are a few different ways to interpret the fetus within the skull imagery
Old 07-01-2008, 11:01 AM   #83
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kody27 View Post
nikola tesla lit up the whole world like daytime with his tesla coil, created a death ray that could bring any army to it's knees, helped einstein with field theory techniques along with remote viewing and invisibility, and conceived of a machine that would project your thoughts onto the wall, all in the late 1800's to early 1900's, i'd say technology peaked too if I were alive back then.
I'm quite ignorant to everything you mentioned here with the exception of the Tesla Coil (I've at least heard of that)... But I agree... I'd probably think the same thing at that time period.
Old 07-01-2008, 11:14 AM   #84
dxs
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 94

And now, it seems so normal.

Humanity does evolve over the years, regardless of whether they know it or not.

Not only physical attributions, but mentally, lots of things take to their own upgrade.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 11:19 AM   #85
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
I'm quite ignorant to everything you mentioned here with the exception of the Tesla Coil (I've at least heard of that)... But I agree... I'd probably think the same thing at that time period.
You should really read up on him, the man was a genius but was bamboozled by many. There's a pretty relative theory that he in fact is whom created the first telegraph/telephone but Alexander Graham Bell stole it from him and pattoned it first.

Ever seen The Prestige with Hugh Jackman and Christian Bale? Nikola Tesla was whom provided Hugh Jackman's character with a teleportation device amongst some other very interesting experiments he had going on, a lot of these things were actual experiments the real man was researching including free energy.
Old 07-01-2008, 02:50 PM   #86
Jedi Master

Bincount™: 2635

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kody27 View Post
Where's sister space?
Playing chess with brother destiny
Old 07-01-2008, 06:13 PM   #87
dxs
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolo View Post
Playing chess with brother destiny
lmfao.
>.<
Old 07-01-2008, 06:26 PM   #88
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner_Eulogy View Post
You should really read up on him, the man was a genius but was bamboozled by many. There's a pretty relative theory that he in fact is whom created the first telegraph/telephone but Alexander Graham Bell stole it from him and pattoned it first.

Ever seen The Prestige with Hugh Jackman and Christian Bale? Nikola Tesla was whom provided Hugh Jackman's character with a teleportation device amongst some other very interesting experiments he had going on, a lot of these things were actual experiments the real man was researching including free energy.
ahh, okay. I'll look into that.
Old 07-03-2008, 06:53 AM   #89
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivek View Post
I don't understand all the apocalyptic talk. From what I've always read, about the calendar, the Mayans intended 12/21/2012 to be a good thing.

Then again, maybe they saw cleansing and purging to be a good thing. And overall it would definitely be for the better. But.... aw hell.

Whatever, we'll see what's up.
I don't think they really ever specified whether it marked something good or bad, simply that it was coming to an end...whether that be the end altogether or an ending of one chapter starting anew. I'm quite curious myself. I'll be ready with a strong drink in one hand and a cigar in the other.
Old 07-03-2008, 02:29 PM   #90
Jedi Master

Bincount™: 2635

Quote:
I'll party like it's 1999

lulz
Yeah, seriously... How many dates were to be the end of the world 'till now? Dates like 01-01-2000 and 06-06-2006 are the quickest that came to mind. But there where many before them.

If so, like Inner said, let's just go with the process, there's no way to stop it anyway. Enjoy the moment and watch the fireworks, imo.

I_E, save a cigar for me. Looks like a great time to start smoking :)
Old 07-03-2008, 05:15 PM   #91
dxs
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Sorry, but there's another that Newton predicted.
Death in 2060.
I'm not sure of the exact date, but chances are we won't live to see it.
Old 07-03-2008, 11:57 PM   #92
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
I don't understand all the apocalyptic talk. From what I've always read, about the calendar, the Mayans intended 12/21/2012 to be a good thing.

Then again, maybe they saw cleansing and purging to be a good thing. And overall it would definitely be for the better. But.... aw hell.

Whatever, we'll see what's up.
Cataclysm doesn't necessarily mean apocalyptic... (by the way that I think you meant by it)

Apocalypse means "Unveiling" or "Unfolding"... so either way, its going to be apocalyptic.

I agree though. I think it will be a good thing... my instincts have always told me that in order for the world to turn itself around... massive destruction may be necessary. Weather its a sudden reality-bitch-slap to the face of humanity, or a massacre that wipes out most of humanity to pave the way for evolution... I welcome it.
Old 07-03-2008, 11:59 PM   #93
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolo View Post
Yeah, seriously... How many dates were to be the end of the world 'till now? Dates like 01-01-2000 and 06-06-2006 are the quickest that came to mind. But there where many before them.

If so, like Inner said, let's just go with the process, there's no way to stop it anyway. Enjoy the moment and watch the fireworks, imo.

I_E, save a cigar for me. Looks like a great time to start smoking :)
The thing that makes 2012 so significant, is it seems to permeate through MANY cultures. Many enlightened people point towards this one specific date... a date where our earth, sun, and the center of the galaxy align...

I did a little research, and there are many people that believe that this alignment will actually purge a massive amount of energy that will activate dormant DNA strands. Interesting.
Old 07-16-2008, 08:17 PM   #94
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0

As far as what Lateralareallofus said about them shooting the grand piano, or hitting it with a sledge-hammer to get that sound in Disgustipated, both are true. I'm fairly certain this video of Tool in the studio recording Undertow will clear up any grey area. Check it out,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbqWPrqLaCo
Old 07-17-2008, 05:05 AM   #95
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
I did a little research, and there are many people that believe that this alignment will actually purge a massive amount of energy that will activate dormant DNA strands. Interesting.
I dunno about that....reasonably and logically speaking, what's most likely to happen if anything is extreme solar flares from the sun. Which would not be a good thing.
Old 07-17-2008, 05:11 AM   #96
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouLied29 View Post
As far as what Lateralareallofus said about them shooting the grand piano, or hitting it with a sledge-hammer to get that sound in Disgustipated, both are true. I'm fairly certain this video of Tool in the studio recording Undertow will clear up any grey area. Check it out,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbqWPrqLaCo
Haha, cool find

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: