Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » What's He Saying??
User Name
Password
swampyfool's Avatar swampyfool
05-23-2006, 03:22 PM

I could see "my home" instead of "my all," but I still favor the latter. I'm pretty dead set on "my center" over "my Saturn," though I see the justification for it.
But I'll pull through
Old 05-23-2006, 03:22 PM   #361
Ron Swampson

Bincount™: 5576
Re: lyrics - official thread

I could see "my home" instead of "my all," but I still favor the latter. I'm pretty dead set on "my center" over "my Saturn," though I see the justification for it.
But I'll pull through
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
WitlessLiar
05-23-2006, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuccessfullyPriedOpen
I'm not talking about who favors what. I'm talking about what my ears hear and I would bet all of my money (which ranges above $1,000 us, if anyone's thinking about taking it) on it being "my home" not "my all"

I favor what I hear. I could never do with a set of lyrics I knew to be wrong.
Old 05-23-2006, 03:58 PM   #362
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 3

Quote:
I'm not talking about who favors what. I'm talking about what my ears hear and I would bet all of my money (which ranges above $1,000 us, if anyone's thinking about taking it) on it being "my home" not "my all"

I favor what I hear. I could never do with a set of lyrics I knew to be wrong.
Opiate_Mass's Avatar Opiate_Mass
05-23-2006, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by will see you auntie
in my humble opinion, it is damn my eyes, then jambi, then damn my eyes again.
also where most say "you're my peace of mind, my all, i said i'm just trying to hold on... i think its 'youre my peace of mind, my all, my center...not i said...
so i'm NOT crazy, that's a relief
Old 05-23-2006, 04:21 PM   #363
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by will see you auntie
in my humble opinion, it is damn my eyes, then jambi, then damn my eyes again.
also where most say "you're my peace of mind, my all, i said i'm just trying to hold on... i think its 'youre my peace of mind, my all, my center...not i said...
so i'm NOT crazy, that's a relief
carefreeonmorph's Avatar carefreeonmorph
05-23-2006, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muladhara
*headdesk*

I give up trying to convince people that it's leech, considering that there's far more evidence out there for it to be leech than legion, what with Maynard making regular remarks about hating the 'leeches', the 'vampires' and the 'bloodsuckers' and absolutely none about obscure Christian demons who bare no relevance to anything in the song apart from vaguely the line "tempted the Devil with my song", which nobody seems to want to think means "made a deal with a record company agent", instead assuming that Maynard is talking about the biblical Devil, I find it amazing that anybody would think it's anything but "silence leech and save your poison, silence leech and stay out of my way."

But I'll just wait for the official lyrics to be posted.
A-fucking-MEN
If you don't believe drugs have helped us than do me a favor, go home and take all your CD's and all your albums and burn them you know why. Cause all the artist that created that music that's enhanced and changed your lives were "REAL" fuckin high on drugs.
Old 05-23-2006, 05:55 PM   #364
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0

Quote:
*headdesk*

I give up trying to convince people that it's leech, considering that there's far more evidence out there for it to be leech than legion, what with Maynard making regular remarks about hating the 'leeches', the 'vampires' and the 'bloodsuckers' and absolutely none about obscure Christian demons who bare no relevance to anything in the song apart from vaguely the line "tempted the Devil with my song", which nobody seems to want to think means "made a deal with a record company agent", instead assuming that Maynard is talking about the biblical Devil, I find it amazing that anybody would think it's anything but "silence leech and save your poison, silence leech and stay out of my way."

But I'll just wait for the official lyrics to be posted.
A-fucking-MEN
If you don't believe drugs have helped us than do me a favor, go home and take all your CD's and all your albums and burn them you know why. Cause all the artist that created that music that's enhanced and changed your lives were "REAL" fuckin high on drugs.
Muladhara's Avatar Muladhara
05-24-2006, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Yeah, it would make more sense for it to be center because he's already said center previously, I just think I hear a 't' before an 'n', but that could be just how he found himself singing it.
Old 05-24-2006, 12:59 AM   #365
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 5

Quote:
Yeah, it would make more sense for it to be center because he's already said center previously, I just think I hear a 't' before an 'n', but that could be just how he found himself singing it.
05-24-2006, 07:06 AM

Quote:
"You're my peace of mind, my all, my Saturn. Just try to hold on one more day."

That's what I think it is.
Yeah initially I thought it might be saturn as he's previously used it, but I think it is probably center. But I like both options.
Old 05-24-2006, 07:06 AM   #366

Quote:
"You're my peace of mind, my all, my Saturn. Just try to hold on one more day."

That's what I think it is.
Yeah initially I thought it might be saturn as he's previously used it, but I think it is probably center. But I like both options.
05-24-2006, 08:12 AM

"I find it amazing that anybody would think it's anything but 'silence leech and save your poison, silence leech and stay out of my way.'

But I'll just wait for the official lyrics to be posted."

Quote:
Originally Posted by carefreeonmorph
A-fucking-MEN
I find it amazing that anyone could listen to the song carefully and actually hear the word "poison". There is a distinct "pr" sound there. I understand you want to make the words fit your idea of leeches, but come on...
Old 05-24-2006, 08:12 AM   #367
Level 3 - Talker

"I find it amazing that anybody would think it's anything but 'silence leech and save your poison, silence leech and stay out of my way.'

Quote:
A-fucking-MEN
I find it amazing that anyone could listen to the song carefully and actually hear the word "poison". There is a distinct "pr" sound there. I understand you want to make the words fit your idea of leeches, but come on...
Terry21's Avatar Terry21
05-24-2006, 11:55 AM

Why do people keep taking real lyrics and turn them to fake ones. Like "hear / here from the wild dream come true", some idiot comes and says: "I still hear Heffner oh wild dream kaschaboo!". I just don't get it.
Old 05-24-2006, 11:55 AM   #368
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 60

Why do people keep taking real lyrics and turn them to fake ones. Like "hear / here from the wild dream come true", some idiot comes and says: "I still hear Heffner oh wild dream kaschaboo!". I just don't get it.
WitlessLiar
05-24-2006, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyrrorMynd

I don't think that the [legion/leech and] conflict can be resolved until the lyrics are posted. Honestly, that's way too close to call.

However, there IS a distinct "pr" sound in there. The only two things I can get are "praise and" and "prison."

Personally I side with legion just because of what the song means to me, but leech could fit in there just as well. This is one of the points where no one will be right or wrong until MJK decides to make it official.
Old 05-24-2006, 12:05 PM   #369

Quote:

I don't think that the [legion/leech and] conflict can be resolved until the lyrics are posted. Honestly, that's way too close to call.

However, there IS a distinct "pr" sound in there. The only two things I can get are "praise and" and "prison."

Personally I side with legion just because of what the song means to me, but leech could fit in there just as well. This is one of the points where no one will be right or wrong until MJK decides to make it official.
MyrrorMynd's Avatar MyrrorMynd
05-24-2006, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WitlessLiar

I can see praise or prison, too. But I keep hearing:
"Silent legion, save your precious silence.
You just stay out of my way."
It is way too close, though, with legion/leech.
Old 05-24-2006, 03:05 PM   #370
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:

I can see praise or prison, too. But I keep hearing:
It is way too close, though, with legion/leech.
05-24-2006, 04:00 PM

Quote:

I'm not obsessed with forcing any of my ideas. I just know what I hear. Not to mention the fact of proof. There is FAR MORE proof supporting my theory.
Old 05-24-2006, 04:00 PM   #371
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:

I'm not obsessed with forcing any of my ideas. I just know what I hear. Not to mention the fact of proof. There is FAR MORE proof supporting my theory.
WitlessLiar
05-24-2006, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Well then I guess I should bow down, o' master.
Old 05-24-2006, 04:02 PM   #372

Quote:
05-24-2006, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Man don't be such a hater. We disagree and I respect your opinion but I'm reinforcing mine. This will be the last I say about it however because the forum is not for fickle banter. Dust off your knees when you're done bowing.
Old 05-24-2006, 04:13 PM   #373
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Man don't be such a hater. We disagree and I respect your opinion but I'm reinforcing mine. This will be the last I say about it however because the forum is not for fickle banter. Dust off your knees when you're done bowing.
WitlessLiar
05-24-2006, 07:22 PM

Quote:
First off I'm not disagreeing with you on that line. I have no opinion on either side really... only because I understand the meaning of it no matter what the word.

I just want you to look back at your post and realize how high and mighty you sounded. I mean if you took your own advice in the aforementioned post then you wouldn't have sounded so stuck up. If you had agreed to disagree then you would have accepted it and let it be.

But instead you had to make it sound like you were undoubtedly right. You say this forum isn't for fickle banter. For one thing, I'm pretty sure people could agree that your post was fickle banter. For another, I'm pretty sure people could agree that this forum is for fickle banter.
Old 05-24-2006, 07:22 PM   #374

Quote:
First off I'm not disagreeing with you on that line. I have no opinion on either side really... only because I understand the meaning of it no matter what the word.

I just want you to look back at your post and realize how high and mighty you sounded. I mean if you took your own advice in the aforementioned post then you wouldn't have sounded so stuck up. If you had agreed to disagree then you would have accepted it and let it be.

But instead you had to make it sound like you were undoubtedly right. You say this forum isn't for fickle banter. For one thing, I'm pretty sure people could agree that your post was fickle banter. For another, I'm pretty sure people could agree that this forum is for fickle banter.
05-24-2006, 07:41 PM

Quote:
You say this forum isn't for fickle banter. For one thing, I'm pretty sure people could agree that your post was fickle banter. For another, I'm pretty sure people could agree that this forum is for fickle banter.
Fuckin' A Right. Good wording.
But I'll pull through
Old 05-24-2006, 07:41 PM   #375
Ron Swampson

Quote:
You say this forum isn't for fickle banter. For one thing, I'm pretty sure people could agree that your post was fickle banter. For another, I'm pretty sure people could agree that this forum is for fickle banter.
Fuckin' A Right. Good wording.
But I'll pull through
05-25-2006, 01:57 AM

Quote:

I hear no 'pr' sound at all.

There's definitely a "oyz" sound after the "p" sound, the only words that fit are poison and poise.

I don't think it's poise.
Old 05-25-2006, 01:57 AM   #376
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:

I hear no 'pr' sound at all.

There's definitely a "oyz" sound after the "p" sound, the only words that fit are poison and poise.

I don't think it's poise.
05-25-2006, 02:07 AM

In a live recording I've heard he definately sings poison.
Old 05-25-2006, 02:07 AM   #377
Level 8 - Vociferous

In a live recording I've heard he definately sings poison.
Stev's Avatar Stev
05-25-2006, 02:38 PM

I just had an epiphany:

"No posit could hold, sway, or justify"
Old 05-25-2006, 02:38 PM   #378

Bincount™: 18

I just had an epiphany:

"No posit could hold, sway, or justify"
Max T.'s Avatar Max T.
05-25-2006, 02:47 PM

I definately think we should just wait for the original, genuine lyrics to be posted by Maynard himself in the near future
Old 05-25-2006, 02:47 PM   #379
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 2

I definately think we should just wait for the original, genuine lyrics to be posted by Maynard himself in the near future
insaner's Avatar insaner
05-25-2006, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styx
I'm not disputing any of the words other than "poison" because on the album you can audibly hear the "pr" sound in the beginning of the word. Figuring out lyrics is all phonetics and contexts. I don't know what he's saying, but there's no way it's "poison." Seriously.

The phonetics actually sound like "proises" but that's not even a word, let alone contextually fitting.
if you spit the word poison out in anger, it makes a kind of pr sound on the mic. think of it like that, i think you will reconsider.
Old 05-25-2006, 03:44 PM   #380
On Probation

Bincount™: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styx
I'm not disputing any of the words other than "poison" because on the album you can audibly hear the "pr" sound in the beginning of the word. Figuring out lyrics is all phonetics and contexts. I don't know what he's saying, but there's no way it's "poison." Seriously.

The phonetics actually sound like "proises" but that's not even a word, let alone contextually fitting.
if you spit the word poison out in anger, it makes a kind of pr sound on the mic. think of it like that, i think you will reconsider.
insaner's Avatar insaner
05-25-2006, 03:46 PM

heres my best newest guess, although i still dont think "our fulcrum" is correct, more like "or fall from" but hes def not saying that either, it just makes more grammatical sense as far as the sentence goes. i still say its about his son.

here from the king's mountain view
here from the wild dream come true
feast like a sultan i do
on treasures and flesh never few
but i... i would
wish it... all away
if i... thought i'd
lose you just one day

the devil and his had me down
in love with the dark side i'd found
dabblin' all the way down
up to my neck soon to drown
but you changed that all for me
lifted me up turned me round

so i.. i.. i.. i...
i would, i would, i would
wish this all away

prayed like a barter dusk to dawn
beg like a hooker all night long
tempted the devil with my song
and got what i wanted all along

but i, i would, if i could, i would
wish it away, wish it away
wish it all away
wanna wish it all away

no pressure could hold sway
or justify my, kneeling away, my center
so if i could i'd wish it all away
if i thought tomorrow they'd take you away
you my piece of mind, my own, my saturn
just trying to hold on... one more day

damn my eyes
jambi eyes
damn my eyes if they should
compromise our fulcrum
what you need
divide me,
then i might as well be gone

shine down forever
shine on benevolent sun
shine down upon the broken
shine on until the two become one
shine on forever
shine on benevolent sun
shine down upon the severed
shine on til the two become one

divided im witherin away
divided im witherin away
shine down upon the many
light a way benevolent sun

breathe in union
breathe in union
breathe in union
bray in union
bray in union
so as one survive
another day in season
silent legion save your poison
silent legion stay out of my way
Old 05-25-2006, 03:46 PM   #381
On Probation

heres my best newest guess, although i still dont think "our fulcrum" is correct, more like "or fall from" but hes def not saying that either, it just makes more grammatical sense as far as the sentence goes. i still say its about his son.

here from the king's mountain view
here from the wild dream come true
feast like a sultan i do
on treasures and flesh never few
but i... i would
wish it... all away
if i... thought i'd
lose you just one day

the devil and his had me down
in love with the dark side i'd found
dabblin' all the way down
up to my neck soon to drown
but you changed that all for me
lifted me up turned me round

so i.. i.. i.. i...
i would, i would, i would
wish this all away

prayed like a barter dusk to dawn
beg like a hooker all night long
tempted the devil with my song
and got what i wanted all along

but i, i would, if i could, i would
wish it away, wish it away
wish it all away
wanna wish it all away

no pressure could hold sway
or justify my, kneeling away, my center
so if i could i'd wish it all away
if i thought tomorrow they'd take you away
you my piece of mind, my own, my saturn
just trying to hold on... one more day

damn my eyes
jambi eyes
damn my eyes if they should
compromise our fulcrum
what you need
divide me,
then i might as well be gone

shine down forever
shine on benevolent sun
shine down upon the broken
shine on until the two become one
shine on forever
shine on benevolent sun
shine down upon the severed
shine on til the two become one

divided im witherin away
divided im witherin away
shine down upon the many
light a way benevolent sun

breathe in union
breathe in union
breathe in union
bray in union
bray in union
so as one survive
another day in season
silent legion save your poison
silent legion stay out of my way
05-25-2006, 05:07 PM

Insaner: please, please, please offer a justification for "Jambi eyes." So many people assert that this is the lyric, but offer no justification as to why Maynard is mispronouncing the word Jambi; or furthermore, what such a phrase might mean.

OFFER A RATIONALE OR THE BUNNY DIES!
But I'll pull through
Old 05-25-2006, 05:07 PM   #382
Ron Swampson

Insaner: please, please, please offer a justification for "Jambi eyes." So many people assert that this is the lyric, but offer no justification as to why Maynard is mispronouncing the word Jambi; or furthermore, what such a phrase might mean.

But I'll pull through
WitlessLiar
05-25-2006, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max T.
It took a year or so on Lateralus. Near future?

Edit: Pried, I agree.

Also, insaner. It's pray not 'bray' and I think he says pray 3 times not 2. And I still think it's "home." Other than that not bad.

Last edited by WitlessLiar; 05-25-2006 at 05:17 PM..
Old 05-25-2006, 05:13 PM   #383

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max T.

Also, insaner. It's pray not 'bray' and I think he says pray 3 times not 2. And I still think it's "home." Other than that not bad.

Last edited by WitlessLiar; 05-25-2006 at 05:17 PM..
panocha21's Avatar panocha21
05-26-2006, 05:40 AM

You guys are going to hate me for this, but I'm writing down exactly what I hear, without worrying about whether it makes sense or not. This is analogous to brainstorming. I'm just trying to set the basis for what we might uncover. We could combine sounds here and there and come up with a line that makes sense and sounds right.

Listen to it and it sounds exactly like ...

"Dim my eyes
Dim my eyes
Dim my eyes if they should compromise of Oprah/okra
One to need divide me then I might as well be gone."

BTW, I could see "Damn my eyes" being correct, but not "Jambi eyes".

Last edited by panocha21; 05-26-2006 at 05:42 AM..
Old 05-26-2006, 05:40 AM   #384
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

You guys are going to hate me for this, but I'm writing down exactly what I hear, without worrying about whether it makes sense or not. This is analogous to brainstorming. I'm just trying to set the basis for what we might uncover. We could combine sounds here and there and come up with a line that makes sense and sounds right.

Listen to it and it sounds exactly like ...

"Dim my eyes
Dim my eyes

BTW, I could see "Damn my eyes" being correct, but not "Jambi eyes".

Last edited by panocha21; 05-26-2006 at 05:42 AM..
05-26-2006, 06:12 AM

Quote:

What are you talking about? The lyrics to Lateralus were on Toolband before the album was released.
Old 05-26-2006, 06:12 AM   #385
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:

What are you talking about? The lyrics to Lateralus were on Toolband before the album was released.
05-26-2006, 07:10 AM

[QUOTE=panocha21Listen to it and it sounds exactly like ...

"Dim my eyes
Dim my eyes

BTW, I could see "Damn my eyes" being correct, but not "Jambi eyes".[/QUOTE]

Turn "of okra" into "our fulcrum." It is not such a huge phoenetic jump; and it lends the lyric meaning, where as "compromise of Oprah/Okra" seems to be nonsensical jibberish.
As for "One to need divide me-" it appears to be skewd in the same way. Take "One To Need," and divide the word "to" (right in two) and distribute the parts to the other words.
"One To Need" => "One t/o need" => "Onet oneed"(phoentically, wont uhneed)
In this context, "Onet" obviously translates (to English) as "want." The "oneed" portion is a result of the "N" sound at the end of an aggressive "and" running together with the "N" sound at the beginning of the ensuing "need."
"Onet" => "Want" ; "oneed" => "and need"
Again, these changes allow for the lyric to make sense linguistically.

Maynard does tend to run words together, I just think that you are picking them apart wrong. And I think that the grammatical jibberish that is left in the wake of your interpretations back up my assertion.
But I'll pull through
Old 05-26-2006, 07:10 AM   #386
Ron Swampson

[QUOTE=panocha21Listen to it and it sounds exactly like ...

"Dim my eyes
Dim my eyes

BTW, I could see "Damn my eyes" being correct, but not "Jambi eyes".[/QUOTE]

Turn "of okra" into "our fulcrum." It is not such a huge phoenetic jump; and it lends the lyric meaning, where as "compromise of Oprah/Okra" seems to be nonsensical jibberish.
As for "One to need divide me-" it appears to be skewd in the same way. Take "One To Need," and divide the word "to" (right in two) and distribute the parts to the other words.
"One To Need" => "One t/o need" => "Onet oneed"(phoentically, wont uhneed)
In this context, "Onet" obviously translates (to English) as "want." The "oneed" portion is a result of the "N" sound at the end of an aggressive "and" running together with the "N" sound at the beginning of the ensuing "need."
"Onet" => "Want" ; "oneed" => "and need"
Again, these changes allow for the lyric to make sense linguistically.

Maynard does tend to run words together, I just think that you are picking them apart wrong. And I think that the grammatical jibberish that is left in the wake of your interpretations back up my assertion.
But I'll pull through
05-26-2006, 12:23 PM

I just talked to Maynard. He said it's definitely:
at the end of the song. He also said that anyone who can't hear that should stop buying Tool cd's immediately.
Old 05-26-2006, 12:23 PM   #387
Level 3 - Talker

at the end of the song. He also said that anyone who can't hear that should stop buying Tool cd's immediately.
Gnome_Chomsky's Avatar Gnome_Chomsky
05-26-2006, 04:25 PM

I havent read the whole thread seeing as how its 10 pages so forgive me if this has already been said, but could it be Heaven a wild dream come true?

http://www.last.fm/user/DanRisinger
Old 05-26-2006, 04:25 PM   #388
Formerly DJR
Suicide Booth ID: 11

Bincount™: 4398

I havent read the whole thread seeing as how its 10 pages so forgive me if this has already been said, but could it be Heaven a wild dream come true?

http://www.last.fm/user/DanRisinger
Terry21's Avatar Terry21
05-26-2006, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Why should he say two different things? It's the same thing and so is "dim / damn my eyes".

You lose in life, I'm sorry.
Old 05-26-2006, 04:27 PM   #389
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
Why should he say two different things? It's the same thing and so is "dim / damn my eyes".

05-27-2006, 03:09 AM

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry21

What???!!!
Old 05-27-2006, 03:09 AM   #390
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry21

What???!!!
05-27-2006, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Quote:

What???!!!
Agreed.
But I'll pull through
Old 05-27-2006, 07:09 AM   #391
Ron Swampson

Quote:
Quote:

What???!!!
Agreed.
But I'll pull through
xlynx
05-28-2006, 01:20 AM

I'm going by what I hear that isn't mentioned on the tdn lyrics page:

Quote:
You're my piece of mind,
my home

I'm most sure of this one:
Quote:
A fulcrum
Want and need; if I believed it

Quote:
Silence legion, save your Preussen
Silence legion, stay out of my way.
Old 05-28-2006, 01:20 AM   #392
Level 1 - Lurker

I'm going by what I hear that isn't mentioned on the tdn lyrics page:

Quote:
You're my piece of mind,
my home

I'm most sure of this one:
Quote:
A fulcrum
Want and need; if I believed it

Quote:
Silence legion, save your Preussen
Silence legion, stay out of my way.
Florida_Mike
05-28-2006, 09:08 AM

Quote:

I can't offer good justification, but having heard MJK sing the song live I must say that it sounds an awful lot like "jambi." I was a firm believer in "damn my eyes" but at the Philly show when he was singing there was a clear J sound during at least a few of the refrains.
Old 05-28-2006, 09:08 AM   #393
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:

I can't offer good justification, but having heard MJK sing the song live I must say that it sounds an awful lot like "jambi." I was a firm believer in "damn my eyes" but at the Philly show when he was singing there was a clear J sound during at least a few of the refrains.
05-28-2006, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida_Mike
OK. I'll buy the "J" sound. But then doesn't it make more sense that it would be "Jam my eyes" on the second run through?
But I'll pull through

Last edited by swampyfool; 05-28-2006 at 02:55 PM..
Old 05-28-2006, 09:39 AM   #394
Ron Swampson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida_Mike
OK. I'll buy the "J" sound. But then doesn't it make more sense that it would be "Jam my eyes" on the second run through?
But I'll pull through

Last edited by swampyfool; 05-28-2006 at 02:55 PM..
Warartist's Avatar Warartist
05-28-2006, 10:32 AM

Quote:
I believe its center, I just don't think he says it more than once. knelling away my center- then- my piece of mind my home (i said I'm/and I'm) just. I don't know that parts difficult but i don't hear center again.

M.
Old 05-28-2006, 10:32 AM   #395
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
I believe its center, I just don't think he says it more than once. knelling away my center- then- my piece of mind my home (i said I'm/and I'm) just. I don't know that parts difficult but i don't hear center again.

M.
WitlessLiar
05-28-2006, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Oh I heard something about one of the albums taking a long time to release the lyrics, and I could have sworn it was Lateralus. Whatever.
Old 05-28-2006, 11:27 AM   #396

Quote:
Oh I heard something about one of the albums taking a long time to release the lyrics, and I could have sworn it was Lateralus. Whatever.
05-29-2006, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Undertow took two years, according to the lyric section of this board.
But I'll pull through
Old 05-29-2006, 09:02 AM   #397
Ron Swampson

Quote:
Undertow took two years, according to the lyric section of this board.
But I'll pull through
Erowyn's Avatar Erowyn
05-30-2006, 08:55 AM

i believe the last two lines of the song are "Silence, Legions, save your poison; Silence, Legions, stay out of my way" and the explaination for this being that earlier in the song he reference the "devil and his had me down" in the bible the devils minions are refered to as "legions" he is telling the devil to keep his legions away from him he will not go back to that life he has others (in my opinion Devo) to think about now and what the devil offers him makes no difference to him now...
Old 05-30-2006, 08:55 AM   #398
Level 3 - Talker

i believe the last two lines of the song are "Silence, Legions, save your poison; Silence, Legions, stay out of my way" and the explaination for this being that earlier in the song he reference the "devil and his had me down" in the bible the devils minions are refered to as "legions" he is telling the devil to keep his legions away from him he will not go back to that life he has others (in my opinion Devo) to think about now and what the devil offers him makes no difference to him now...
06-01-2006, 04:00 PM

Quote:

i don think its jambi eys now. i think its maynards lisp coming out with the two d's in the harmony. so i recant that lyric.
Old 06-01-2006, 04:00 PM   #399
On Probation

Quote:

i don think its jambi eys now. i think its maynards lisp coming out with the two d's in the harmony. so i recant that lyric.
xtremb
06-01-2006, 08:35 PM

k lets try this :

Here from the king's mountain view
Here from the wild dream come true
Feast like a sultan, I do
On treasures and flesh never few
But I
I would, wish it, all away
If I thought I'd lose you just one day
The devil and his haVE me down