opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Creativity » Poetry & Prose
User Name
Password
Old 06-05-2018, 06:18 PM   #1
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 773
I'm Spilling My Guts to You

I close my eyes and see serenity
Matted black, smooth,
the static is submerged.
I can count my breaths and measure
this fraction of my life,
weigh it, absorb it, know it from within.
I want to love and care and share
the sunlight and laughter and wit
with anyone and everyone because
now I know the truth.
The single eye sits to the rear
as we sit facing forward.
I am not this body and
not this mind.
These thoughts are frustrations.

I want to hold your hand and show you
everything I know and
every way I know
how to laugh.
But I can't.
It won't work.

I want to cut myself open and let the joyful
pieces spill forward
yet they are buried. Unseen. They are lost
beneath a steaming pile of confusion,
intestinal morass of blood and anger.
Who will address this mess?
You will walk by and hold your nose.
Old 06-06-2018, 12:41 PM   #2
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 0
Re: I'm Spilling My Guts to You

that last line cracks me up. it's so damn true in a very sad way. our disconnect is a curse. or more an obstacle that is extremely difficult to overcome.

But, then again, this struggle gives us purpose. if there were not a mountain to climb or a long, daunting distance to traverse then we would never be driven to do anything worthwhile. This struggle drives us to be creative in our means of expression. If there happens to be any supreme intentional force that has sprung us into creation, maybe it did so in order to witness the infinite ways that consciousness that may evolve in order to overcome any resistance.

The universe is a shapeshifting gordian knot,
a continually transforming maze
on the macroscopic surface of a rubik's cube
that forever creates resistance to our mental energies.
We have a purpose to behold our abilities
to create
to grow
to continually find the path of least resistance
in the face of pure chaos.

Meditation and deep contemplative prayer help you to align the pathways in the maze, to slow down the spin of the rubik’s cube, and to help you find that path of least resistance; to help you find your way towards “the center” of the maze.

Funny that “resistance” is measured in “ohms” and that happens to be the same intonation that some of the oldest religions have purred during their deep contemplative periods of thought.

We must deconstruct this psychological tower of babel and untangle this confusion with our tongues.

Lately, i've circumvented my difficulties in communication by communication the actual difficulties themselves; by articulating my barriers and trying to verbalize my perspective.

There are so many divinely beautiful revelations in our heads and we are incapable of fully expressing them. Perfection and absolute beauty are merely concepts and aesthetic perceptions that we may capture for a very brief moment before it cracks, withers, and becomes obscured by the perpetual onslaught of tumbleweed thoughts.

Keep creating these wonderful pieces reign (and everyone else on here). Each of these fleeting pieces continue to build strength in our mental fortitude and our strength to continue fighting the good fight.
Old 06-15-2018, 08:59 PM   #3
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 773
Re: I'm Spilling My Guts to You

Yes, it's all part of the exercise of trying to live with ourselves. Isn't it funny that some of us require poetry, intense introspection, and years of inquiry to just try and learn how to feel natural/normal? There are so many people in this world who are able to live joyfully with ease yet I find such a thing to be like a shining city on a mountain that seems unreachable. One of these days we will figure it out. And then I presume we will look back in time at our past selves and wonder, "What the hell was your problem? This is easy."

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: