opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Forum Feedback » Feedback
User Name
Password
Old 10-06-2006, 01:10 PM   #1
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
10,000 anima's

Kabir, Chris..et al

I apologize in advance for the disrespect in posting this in the wrong place - and for breaking the rules....but...

This site needs 10,000 anima's to cleanse the negativity and infiltration of complaining, weakminded, and just overall whining that has taken over this site. I feel like I have been spammed but with negativity that has completely taken over this board. I just had to get this off my chest and put it in a place on this site that would get the most eyeballs in the quickest time.

I would like to propose some changes to this site that require no physical changes and I feel I speak for the majority of fans who have been lurking here for many years - therefore, I propose these simple things:

1) - Respect one another.
There was a "mission statement" created by Kabir many years ago which I feel is "broken". We can re-establish this by instituting one simple thing - respect for each other. No matter how silly someone may sound, they all have an opinion b/c the music made them feel some certain way. If a person is being a jerk then the best course of action is to just ignore them, that way the negativity doesn't spread like a disease. Absolutely do not insult each other as you are killing the vibe that many folks helped build here. Make this place your "getaway".

2) - Keep it Toolish. Some of us are here to help provoke thought and for a different perspective generated by likeminded people. Talking about anything other than Tool theme's are meant for the Other forums.

3) - Think before you post. Very important that we think about what we say before we say it - be intelligent. We need to continue to make this site a diamond and not scrap metal.

4) - Refer to # 1. Please reflect again on Point #1.

I want this site back. It has been on a downward spiral lately and I needed my opinion to be heard.

With Respect,

R

A M E N ! ! !
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 01:27 PM   #2
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 567
Re: 10,000 anima's

I pity the one who has to insert all those much needed enima's.
Old 10-06-2006, 01:34 PM   #3
Level 4 - Thinker

I think with how large the site has grown, to keep an eye on said offenders would be nearly impossible. But I do understand what you're saying and I agree with it, but as an owner of a messageboard myself, when the forum evolves into a large community, it's increasingly difficult to maintain order. You weren't offensive in your approach either, I don't think you'll be chastised by the moderators.
Old 10-06-2006, 01:49 PM   #4
On Probation

While I do agree that it'd be awesome if we could all get along and stop bickering and bitching at eachother like children, it doesn't really matter because this is what goes on on every message board, chatroom, highschool, college, place of employment, government, nation, planet etc

This is what's called a Community. In every single version of a community, small scale or large, this is what happens. People state their opinions, some people agree and find new friends, and others disagree and act as though they were personally attacked by that others opinion and respond to it in an angry tone and an arguement/fight developes.

That's just what happens. Learn to live with it, learn to love it, cuz it's never gonna go away.

and just for clarification, an Anima "in Jungian psychology, refers to personality traits regarded as feminine that are often repressed into the unconscious of males while the animus refers to traits regarded as masculine that are often repressed into the unconsciousness of females." You're thinking of an Enima
Old 10-06-2006, 02:32 PM   #5
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 16

There is nothing negative in thinking the new album is not good as others or not good at all and saying it, u want more rules and more control in this site? dude if u talk about anything that is not ¨possitive¨for the band they erase the post (im beginning to think this forum is now run by Tool´s label) a kid cant ask if maynard is bisexual (lol) amazing... overall whining, that is a right that u want to take away from people u sheep meee meee eveything ..yes that will get banned
Old 10-06-2006, 03:47 PM   #6
Level 11 - Clamorous

Bincount™: 3988

actually he's thinking of an enema..."enima" isn't a word.

anywho, this forum is a strange paradox to me. i read and rarely post, and it's so strange. you have music as strange and open to interpretation as Tool's is...but so many closed minded thoughts when it comes to other people's interpretations about them. that's why i don't post much, i don't want to get my own ideas shitted on by disrespectful folk.

i made a thread about movie to music syncs with 10,000 Days. i even clarified that Tool obviously did not intend for syncs, but they are still fun. i used TMNT as an example, and the ONLY good reply i got was from Chris. everyone else either shrugged it off or was disrespectful. the thread got out of hand and was closed. i was really disappointed that i had spent a fun evening with a couple friends messing around with Tool movie syncs and found a funny one and i got shitted all over because no one could respect that.

i've wanted to make a post in WFM discussion for a while, but i won't, because people are douchebags. i think that WFM (track 3) is the single worst song that Tool has ever done (sorry, Adam). but i'm not going to bring that up because i'll probably get sodomized, just like that IamTheMa! guy with his "when the lights go down" thread.

kind of a long post, sorry. but i feel the frustration.
Old 10-06-2006, 06:06 PM   #7
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by hushypushy View Post
actually he's thinking of an enema..."enima" isn't a word.

anywho, this forum is a strange paradox to me. i read and rarely post, and it's so strange. you have music as strange and open to interpretation as Tool's is...but so many closed minded thoughts when it comes to other people's interpretations about them. that's why i don't post much, i don't want to get my own ideas shitted on by disrespectful folk.

i made a thread about movie to music syncs with 10,000 Days. i even clarified that Tool obviously did not intend for syncs, but they are still fun. i used TMNT as an example, and the ONLY good reply i got was from Chris. everyone else either shrugged it off or was disrespectful. the thread got out of hand and was closed. i was really disappointed that i had spent a fun evening with a couple friends messing around with Tool movie syncs and found a funny one and i got shitted all over because no one could respect that.

i've wanted to make a post in WFM discussion for a while, but i won't, because people are douchebags. i think that WFM (track 3) is the single worst song that Tool has ever done (sorry, Adam). but i'm not going to bring that up because i'll probably get sodomized, just like that IamTheMa! guy with his "when the lights go down" thread.

kind of a long post, sorry. but i feel the frustration.
I can definately understand where you're coming from.

Posting on here is like posting about heroin on a forum of drug addicts. Everyone has such strong feelings about it, and becomes very closed minded to everything except their experience of it, because it's such a strong individual experience for each person.

If that wasn't the case we wouldn't be posting on a Tool music forum, right? You'd just listen to the album, go "..ok." and go about your day.

But no, whether you love or loath you're posting here because it has a strong impact with you individually. Which is very much like a drug.
Tool is one of the fe bands out there that still do this. And as a result, discussions around Tool are always going to fall all over the show like they do here.

Your best chance of coherent discussions is to discuss it with a select few who will give the time and patience that such a discussions deserve.
Old 10-06-2006, 06:22 PM   #8
Level 4 - Thinker

perhaps it is YOU who needs 10,000 ENIMAS for the SANDS in your 10,000 VAGINAS..
Old 10-06-2006, 07:35 PM   #9
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 104

yeh... so while i think some people are a bit unecesaily rude and shit...

who the fuck cares??? i mean if it really hurts u that much that people you've never even met and dont know are flaming and insulting you then you have some problems brotha. This site is full of arogant gits (proud ta be one of em) who are always goin to tread on each others shoes. If a bunch of words on a screen really irritate you that much, go elsewhere dude. Relax and dont take things so deeply.

As for keepin things toolish, i think you'l find few non related tool threads that ant in the bin...

And the third point almost sounds like you dont like people who dont come across as intelegent as you :P

Meh, its just a frickin web forum man, take a 'chill pill'
Old 10-06-2006, 09:34 PM   #10
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

My goal was to see people treat each other with a little more respect and keep it toolish- by doing that we can generate much more positive energy than I have been seeing here lately.

<end of thread, no reply needed>

A M E N ! ! !
Old 10-07-2006, 05:24 AM   #11
Level 4 - Thinker

shut up, if you say something you better be willing to accept a reply

you can't generate positive energy just by asking for it, telling people how to act is going to piss them off

why are introverts so intelligent
Old 10-07-2006, 05:48 AM   #12
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 60

^Haha, that's exactly what we needed. It won't work Visual, people aren't ready for this.
Old 10-07-2006, 07:34 PM   #13
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

I look at the "Join Date" and it all makes sense.

A M E N ! ! !
Old 10-07-2006, 07:55 PM   #14
Banned.

i don't see how that holds up more than "date of birth", you don't need to join a tool forum 3 years earlier than someone else to be wiser or more intelligent, or know more about the band for that matter, or how one should act on the forum
Old 10-07-2006, 10:12 PM   #15
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

this gets better and better. I am obsessed with this thread more and more...

I just don't get the negativity.....

A M E N ! ! !
Old 10-07-2006, 10:33 PM   #16
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 6

I agree with the original post, and with many of the responses to it. Yes, there is a lot of negativity in here. Yes, that is also to be expected, and it would be rather foolish to expect otherwise. But that doesn't mean we aren't collectively all capable of being a little more respectful of each other.

Before hitting that "submit" button I would recommend that everone should ask themselves two questions: (i) Is this phrased in a way that I would be prepared to put it if I were speaking to someone face-to-face, as opposed to just over the internet?; and (ii) Who is the actual target audience for what I have typed? Am I really saying something for the benefit of the person I am responding to / disagreeing with? Or am I actually just speaking for the benefit of the other readers who I am hoping will agree with me that my opponent is a stupid moron?
Old 10-08-2006, 03:07 PM   #17
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 104

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rdEyeVisual View Post
I look at the "Join Date" and it all makes sense.
HAHA! YES! because how long ago one decided to become a member of an internet forum is an excelent guage on their intelect and knowledge of the band...

Im sorry for speaking out against you, cuz your clearly so much more intelegent and better and deserve such respect for being a member longer. Your E-elite.
Old 10-11-2006, 09:28 AM   #18
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorectum View Post
perhaps it is YOU who needs 10,000 ENIMAS for the SANDS in your 10,000 VAGINAS..
i nominate you the inspiration for and posterboy of this here thread.
"squeegeeing my third glass eye"
Old 10-11-2006, 10:52 PM   #19
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by hushypushy View Post
funniest thing i've ever read. simply because he's pouring his heart out to a forum about someone not respecting his opinions. some people take stuff way to seriously.
Old 10-28-2006, 03:09 PM   #20
Level 1 - Lurker

I was at the Molsons show in Toronto, with my son and his GF and was blown away. A short week later, my Mom and I were in the ambulance, taking her to her final 2 weeks in this world.

If anyone can appreciate 10,000 days, we sure can.

I liked the sounds of that song, but never listened to the beauty of it, or actually understood Tool, till this happened in our lives, ya, she died.

My son ended up in jail for 10 days as she was dying, cause he freaked out and made a mistake.

When he got out, she was dead, and all he could do was listen to 10,000 days non-stop for a few days, a healing thing....

Thank you Tool, for giving us this peace, our song for Margo.
Old 10-28-2006, 03:16 PM   #21
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 7425

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rdEyeVisual View Post
Kabir, Chris..et al

I apologize in advance for the disrespect in posting this in the wrong place - and for breaking the rules....but...

This site needs 10,000 anima's to cleanse the negativity and infiltration of complaining, weakminded, and just overall whining that has taken over this site. I feel like I have been spammed but with negativity that has completely taken over this board. I just had to get this off my chest and put it in a place on this site that would get the most eyeballs in the quickest time.

I would like to propose some changes to this site that require no physical changes and I feel I speak for the majority of fans who have been lurking here for many years - therefore, I propose these simple things:

1) - Respect one another.
There was a "mission statement" created by Kabir many years ago which I feel is "broken". We can re-establish this by instituting one simple thing - respect for each other. No matter how silly someone may sound, they all have an opinion b/c the music made them feel some certain way. If a person is being a jerk then the best course of action is to just ignore them, that way the negativity doesn't spread like a disease. Absolutely do not insult each other as you are killing the vibe that many folks helped build here. Make this place your "getaway".

2) - Keep it Toolish. Some of us are here to help provoke thought and for a different perspective generated by likeminded people. Talking about anything other than Tool theme's are meant for the Other forums.

3) - Think before you post. Very important that we think about what we say before we say it - be intelligent. We need to continue to make this site a diamond and not scrap metal.

4) - Refer to # 1. Please reflect again on Point #1.

I want this site back. It has been on a downward spiral lately and I needed my opinion to be heard.

With Respect,

R
shut up.
Old 10-28-2006, 03:50 PM   #22
Level 1 - Lurker

hope it wasn't too heavy, what I posted....I'll shut up. Sorry everyone.
Old 10-28-2006, 04:13 PM   #23
Level 1 - Lurker

I'd love to see the live action, the amazing sounds and actions Tool has graced us with, us lucky ones, that have seen the band live, and in action. People need to see how FREAKING GREAT this band is! As it is, I have amazing memories of their concert in Toronto...the rain and the candles... the sounds and the ...if I may say... Love the band had for us all....they worked so hard at that show for us, and did such a wonderful job..we will never know their cost.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: