Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days
User Name
Password
aryzonabay
08-18-2013, 07:05 PM

FWIW, I recently emailed Blair to ask him if Problem 8 and Bethlehem Abortion Clinic were directly related, and if the numbers needed to be re-arranged. This is the response I got:

"Hello,
Sorry for the delay, but I've been dealing with some issues involving my
wisdom teeth, and haven't checked the email for a while. To answer your
question, the two are not related. And the numbers should not be
re-arranged.
Cheers!

BMB"
Old 08-18-2013, 07:05 PM   #241
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Re: Tool: Problem 8 (Reimann hypothesis) Real or fake?

FWIW, I recently emailed Blair to ask him if Problem 8 and Bethlehem Abortion Clinic were directly related, and if the numbers needed to be re-arranged. This is the response I got:

"Hello,
Sorry for the delay, but I've been dealing with some issues involving my
wisdom teeth, and haven't checked the email for a while. To answer your
question, the two are not related. And the numbers should not be
re-arranged.
Cheers!

BMB"
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
iAMtheMA!'s Avatar iAMtheMA!
08-18-2013, 07:08 PM

ask BMB. what a concept. thanks for sharing!
Old 08-18-2013, 07:08 PM   #242
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 217

ask BMB. what a concept. thanks for sharing!
08-19-2013, 07:32 PM

Everyone check your aenama era backstage passes for weird shit
Old 08-19-2013, 07:32 PM   #243
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 1

Everyone check your aenama era backstage passes for weird shit
InkGunMommy
09-01-2013, 01:36 PM

I have been following this for a while. This is something new (I think) posted by Blair in the August newsletter:

"Before doing so, however, to answer those email questions about any contention between the supposed hidden track, "Problem 8: The Riemann Hypothesis" and the "Bethlehem Abortion Clinic" record in the spoof catalog in the import release of the "Aenima" CD, I can tell you unequivocally that there is NOT (other than the obvious)."

Personally, I think Problem 8 and Cesaro Summability are the same song, and if you find the hidden song Problem 8 (on Bethlehem Abortion Clinic?) , it will sound just like Cesaro Summability (because it is the same song!) Just a thought...

Spiral out!
Old 09-01-2013, 01:36 PM   #244
Level 1 - Lurker

I have been following this for a while. This is something new (I think) posted by Blair in the August newsletter:

"Before doing so, however, to answer those email questions about any contention between the supposed hidden track, "Problem 8: The Riemann Hypothesis" and the "Bethlehem Abortion Clinic" record in the spoof catalog in the import release of the "Aenima" CD, I can tell you unequivocally that there is NOT (other than the obvious)."

Personally, I think Problem 8 and Cesaro Summability are the same song, and if you find the hidden song Problem 8 (on Bethlehem Abortion Clinic?) , it will sound just like Cesaro Summability (because it is the same song!) Just a thought...

Spiral out!
Astronomical11
01-22-2014, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Froudie View Post
I believe there is lots of evidence to suggest that Bethlehem Abortion Clinic and particularly it's catalog number (12134-66649-4) are a vital clue to unlocking Problem 8 - The Riemann Hypothesis. Seeing as the Riemann Hypothesis is a mathematical concept, can this be related to the catalog number somehow?
The supposed "catalog number" for Bethlehem Abortion Clinic, is actually Danny Carey's phone number from a long time ago in LA.

http://imgur.com/DntDNBm?tags

As you can see, the number 12134-66649-4 is actually 1-213-466-6494. A Los Angeles area code phone number.
Old 01-22-2014, 10:05 AM   #245
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Froudie View Post
I believe there is lots of evidence to suggest that Bethlehem Abortion Clinic and particularly it's catalog number (12134-66649-4) are a vital clue to unlocking Problem 8 - The Riemann Hypothesis. Seeing as the Riemann Hypothesis is a mathematical concept, can this be related to the catalog number somehow?
The supposed "catalog number" for Bethlehem Abortion Clinic, is actually Danny Carey's phone number from a long time ago in LA.

As you can see, the number 12134-66649-4 is actually 1-213-466-6494. A Los Angeles area code phone number.
zombie
01-28-2014, 01:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astronomical11 View Post

Pretty sure we have covered that one champ.
Old 01-28-2014, 01:37 AM   #246
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Location: waiting for your mom to make me some goddamn breakfast
Bincount™: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astronomical11 View Post

Pretty sure we have covered that one champ.
02-23-2014, 05:11 AM

From A Tool webcast just before Salival release

"B: favourite of your albums. we'l start with adam
AJ: adam doesn't have a favourite.
MK: Iced Pee.
DC: the next one
MK: it's an import, called iced pee.
B: mines the bethleham abortion clinic, but I'm just the host.
MK: maynard speaking, my second favourite record would be the bethlehem abortion clinic. my third favourite would be the collection of b-sides known as "crapsteaks smothered in dictators", and my very first, number one favourite TooL record: Iced Pee."

Interesting that Blair mentions Bethlehem Abortion Clinic again...
Old 02-23-2014, 05:11 AM   #247
Level 4 - Thinker

From A Tool webcast just before Salival release

"B: favourite of your albums. we'l start with adam
AJ: adam doesn't have a favourite.
MK: Iced Pee.
DC: the next one
MK: it's an import, called iced pee.
B: mines the bethleham abortion clinic, but I'm just the host.
MK: maynard speaking, my second favourite record would be the bethlehem abortion clinic. my third favourite would be the collection of b-sides known as "crapsteaks smothered in dictators", and my very first, number one favourite TooL record: Iced Pee."

Interesting that Blair mentions Bethlehem Abortion Clinic again...
tpot's Avatar tpot
03-20-2014, 06:10 PM

Just wanted to point something out on the subject of this hidden song:

Blair has stated that it was distributed amongst record stores in the Poland area (one of many stories he's told) and to me, it seems like it would be too easy to dump 30 copies of this thing into stores whenever the band damn well sees fit. Next year to coincide with the eventual new album, 5 years, 20 years... So it becomes a legend that has yet to see the light of day and can rear it's ugly (sweet sweet aural sex) head at any time.

In summation, always be cognizant of the Tool section at your local and distant record stores.

Marketing ploy? Maybe. Intrigued? Exactly the way they wanted...
Old 03-20-2014, 06:10 PM   #248
Level 3 - Talker

Just wanted to point something out on the subject of this hidden song:

Blair has stated that it was distributed amongst record stores in the Poland area (one of many stories he's told) and to me, it seems like it would be too easy to dump 30 copies of this thing into stores whenever the band damn well sees fit. Next year to coincide with the eventual new album, 5 years, 20 years... So it becomes a legend that has yet to see the light of day and can rear it's ugly (sweet sweet aural sex) head at any time.

In summation, always be cognizant of the Tool section at your local and distant record stores.

Marketing ploy? Maybe. Intrigued? Exactly the way they wanted...
Froudie
05-01-2014, 01:36 AM

From this April's (2014) newsletter... I've cut out the bits I find interesting...

"Another area seemed more promising. Here there were cartons of discontinued tee shirts, damaged vinyl, CDs, DVDs and other long-forgotten items of merchandise. Along with other Tool produced odds and ends, there were several gold and platinum record award plaques (still in the boxes) that, for whatever reason, the recipients had never received. Most desirable of all, however, was a certain item that contained the ultimate Tool hidden track - the song entitled, "Problem 8: The Riemann Hypothesis."

And although we never did find the ellusive artwork, walking through the "museum" gave me an idea for a Tool Newsletter: Why not post an interview with "Merch?"

BMB: I know that there is a Tool 'repository' that contains all kinds of stuff, including video props, discarded gold and platinum record awards, merch proto-types, etc. If an avid collector of Tool memorabilia were to have his or her choice of one particular item there, what do you think it would be?

MERCH: There are lots of really cool things there, but with the "Opiate Priest" statue now elsewhere, I would have to go with the thing that has the hidden track called "Problem 8."

BMB: Why hasn't anyone discovered the Tool hidden track entitled "Problem 8", and posted it all over the internet? Similarly, do you think anyone will ever figure out the secret placed in the insert containing the spoof catalog in Tool's import of "Aenima?"

MERCH: I don't think we're supposed to talk about that. Would you care for a cool glass of purple Gatorade?

BMB: Thank you, and that purple Gatorade is pretty good... even though it has slight taste of Pine-Sol...

SELECT MERCH FROM THE TOOL MUSEUM

To go along with his interview in the newsletter, "Merch" will be adding a very limited number of some rare, discontinued items in the Tool stores. This will include vintage shirts such as "Pillhead" and "Holy Reality" to name a couple. Also there will be a few Salival box sets, signed Lateralus vinyl, old tour posters, autographed drumheads, and anything else that he might dig up in the storehouse. So be sure to check back from time to time to see what he has added. And don't forget to include an emoticon of a smiley face...
Old 05-01-2014, 01:36 AM   #249
Level 4 - Thinker

From this April's (2014) newsletter... I've cut out the bits I find interesting...

"Another area seemed more promising. Here there were cartons of discontinued tee shirts, damaged vinyl, CDs, DVDs and other long-forgotten items of merchandise. Along with other Tool produced odds and ends, there were several gold and platinum record award plaques (still in the boxes) that, for whatever reason, the recipients had never received. Most desirable of all, however, was a certain item that contained the ultimate Tool hidden track - the song entitled, "Problem 8: The Riemann Hypothesis."

And although we never did find the ellusive artwork, walking through the "museum" gave me an idea for a Tool Newsletter: Why not post an interview with "Merch?"

BMB: I know that there is a Tool 'repository' that contains all kinds of stuff, including video props, discarded gold and platinum record awards, merch proto-types, etc. If an avid collector of Tool memorabilia were to have his or her choice of one particular item there, what do you think it would be?

MERCH: There are lots of really cool things there, but with the "Opiate Priest" statue now elsewhere, I would have to go with the thing that has the hidden track called "Problem 8."

BMB: Why hasn't anyone discovered the Tool hidden track entitled "Problem 8", and posted it all over the internet? Similarly, do you think anyone will ever figure out the secret placed in the insert containing the spoof catalog in Tool's import of "Aenima?"

MERCH: I don't think we're supposed to talk about that. Would you care for a cool glass of purple Gatorade?

BMB: Thank you, and that purple Gatorade is pretty good... even though it has slight taste of Pine-Sol...

SELECT MERCH FROM THE TOOL MUSEUM

To go along with his interview in the newsletter, "Merch" will be adding a very limited number of some rare, discontinued items in the Tool stores. This will include vintage shirts such as "Pillhead" and "Holy Reality" to name a couple. Also there will be a few Salival box sets, signed Lateralus vinyl, old tour posters, autographed drumheads, and anything else that he might dig up in the storehouse. So be sure to check back from time to time to see what he has added. And don't forget to include an emoticon of a smiley face...
05-01-2014, 03:39 AM

whoa
Old 05-01-2014, 03:39 AM   #250
Level 10 - Vehement

whoa
05-02-2014, 04:53 PM

Maybe someone should ask BMB is Problem 8 and Iced Pee are related. I would but I doubt he'd answer.
Old 05-02-2014, 04:53 PM   #251
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 7

Maybe someone should ask BMB is Problem 8 and Iced Pee are related. I would but I doubt he'd answer.
3rdi(O)
05-10-2014, 06:56 PM

I thought I would summarize all of the facts from Blair, or supposed facts, for the Bethlehem Abortion Clinic album and the hidden track "Problem 8".

Here is what we know from Blair's newsletters over the past 10 years.

Bethlehem Abortion Clinic facts:

- The album contains jam sessions and other recorded material
- It is only on Vinyl
- There are only 30 copies
- They were put in record stores in European cities, mostly in Poland on one of their tours
- There is a mathematical formula encoded in the insert of the Aenima import

The first few facts don't really help us other than hopefully someone will see one on ebay someday. But I'm curious what the mathematical formula is in the insert. I'm not a big math person so I really have no idea what to make sense of from all of the catalogue numbers. Perhaps someone smarter than I can figure that one out. I was thinking of posting the catalogue numbers on a math forum to see if someone there can put it together. For those that haven't looked at them, here is a link thanks to Zombie who posted it further up on this forum:

http://s1140.photobucket.com/user/TO...?sort=9&page=1

Then we have the hidden track "Problem 8 (The Riemann Hypothesis)" which according to Blair has no relation to the Bethlehem Abortion Clinic vinyl.

Facts:

- Recorded around the time Justin joined the band. Which was ~September 1995
- The length of the song is in the six minute range and the exact time has something to do with Problem 8.
- It is on Vinyl, CD or Cassette. Blair said it would need to be found before things become obsolete so my guess is it is vinyl or cassette.
- Only 30 copies
- It is hanging on peoples walls and you wouldn't think to play it.

As people have mentioned earlier in the forum it is most likely a gold, platinum or double platinum award for one of their albums before Lateralus. Most likely for Aenima. It is not the platinum award for Aenima though as one person found out after opening it from earlier in the forum: http://youtu.be/Y5ayMUz3NGc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmPXH9UVba0

Blair posted this as a hint after discussing the hidden song: http://www.fourtheye.net/tag/problem...nn-hypothesis/

So it could be the double platinum album of Aenima. That would be my guess, but I don't know anyone with one :(

One interesting tidbit is that the Bethlehem Abortion Clinic album catalogue number is strikingly similar to one of the largest known prime number. It is not the largest known prime number anymore but it was when it was discovered in 2001. The number is 213466917-1 and the album catalogue number is 12134-66649-4. Anyway I think it is just a coincidence but it's interesting considering Problem 8 is all about prime numbers.

Anyway I thought I would just summarize everything we know up to this point and perhaps spur some more thoughts as well.
Old 05-10-2014, 06:56 PM   #252
Level 2 - Poster

I thought I would summarize all of the facts from Blair, or supposed facts, for the Bethlehem Abortion Clinic album and the hidden track "Problem 8".

Here is what we know from Blair's newsletters over the past 10 years.

Bethlehem Abortion Clinic facts:

- The album contains jam sessions and other recorded material
- It is only on Vinyl
- There are only 30 copies
- They were put in record stores in European cities, mostly in Poland on one of their tours
- There is a mathematical formula encoded in the insert of the Aenima import

The first few facts don't really help us other than hopefully someone will see one on ebay someday. But I'm curious what the mathematical formula is in the insert. I'm not a big math person so I really have no idea what to make sense of from all of the catalogue numbers. Perhaps someone smarter than I can figure that one out. I was thinking of posting the catalogue numbers on a math forum to see if someone there can put it together. For those that haven't looked at them, here is a link thanks to Zombie who posted it further up on this forum:

http://s1140.photobucket.com/user/TO...?sort=9&page=1

Then we have the hidden track "Problem 8 (The Riemann Hypothesis)" which according to Blair has no relation to the Bethlehem Abortion Clinic vinyl.

Facts:

- Recorded around the time Justin joined the band. Which was ~September 1995
- The length of the song is in the six minute range and the exact time has something to do with Problem 8.
- It is on Vinyl, CD or Cassette. Blair said it would need to be found before things become obsolete so my guess is it is vinyl or cassette.
- Only 30 copies
- It is hanging on peoples walls and you wouldn't think to play it.

As people have mentioned earlier in the forum it is most likely a gold, platinum or double platinum award for one of their albums before Lateralus. Most likely for Aenima. It is not the platinum award for Aenima though as one person found out after opening it from earlier in the forum: http://youtu.be/Y5ayMUz3NGc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmPXH9UVba0

Blair posted this as a hint after discussing the hidden song: http://www.fourtheye.net/tag/problem...nn-hypothesis/

So it could be the double platinum album of Aenima. That would be my guess, but I don't know anyone with one :(

One interesting tidbit is that the Bethlehem Abortion Clinic album catalogue number is strikingly similar to one of the largest known prime number. It is not the largest known prime number anymore but it was when it was discovered in 2001. The number is 213466917-1 and the album catalogue number is 12134-66649-4. Anyway I think it is just a coincidence but it's interesting considering Problem 8 is all about prime numbers.

Anyway I thought I would just summarize everything we know up to this point and perhaps spur some more thoughts as well.
zombie
05-29-2014, 04:22 PM

Thanks for the revival of interest. I really hope that the Bethlehem Abortion Clinic was not a phone number - it looks like one that used to belong to Danny but it is not a working number.

I think that there is something to the WILMA article from 96 : http://toolshed.down.net/articles/in...96--WILMA.html

It is a womens magazine: http://www.wilmaontheweb.com/ from NC

Maynard says this in the interview: "...we spent two years in the South of France at the Renne LeChateau
writing the record. We recorded and mixed it on an 8-track in three
days at Casablanca Recording Studios..."
Maynard James Keenan

Maybe this has something to do with the jams or whatever was left in record stores in Poland. I mean Aenima was not recorded @ Casablanca Studios. It just doesen't make sense if he is talking about the whole album.

I have been following this for years and I really want to know if this is legit. My guess is its all bullshit just like the never coming DVD haha.

Last edited by zombie; 05-29-2014 at 04:28 PM..
Old 05-29-2014, 04:22 PM   #253

Thanks for the revival of interest. I really hope that the Bethlehem Abortion Clinic was not a phone number - it looks like one that used to belong to Danny but it is not a working number.

I think that there is something to the WILMA article from 96 : http://toolshed.down.net/articles/in...96--WILMA.html

It is a womens magazine: http://www.wilmaontheweb.com/ from NC

Maynard says this in the interview: "...we spent two years in the South of France at the Renne LeChateau
Maynard James Keenan

Maybe this has something to do with the jams or whatever was left in record stores in Poland. I mean Aenima was not recorded @ Casablanca Studios. It just doesen't make sense if he is talking about the whole album.

I have been following this for years and I really want to know if this is legit. My guess is its all bullshit just like the never coming DVD haha.

Last edited by zombie; 05-29-2014 at 04:28 PM..
05-29-2014, 07:59 PM

speculation's fun(ny)
Old 05-29-2014, 07:59 PM   #254
Level 10 - Vehement

speculation's fun(ny)
08-01-2014, 07:27 PM

Blair's still dropping hints... from July's newsletter...

"You’ll please forgive me, but at this point I’ll need to pick up the pace a bit, as my memory of the events is fading. Perhaps the quieter I become, the more you will hear? Again, certain details are now a blank, but with whatever someone wanted from the various boxes and containers now removed, we re-loaded the U-Haul truck and were given directions to a self-storage unit where they were to be kept… Come to think of it… it was after a taking a few bites from the cookie… raisin, I think it was… that I really didn’t care any longer about what was in the containers that JOE and I had been loading and unloading all day under the broiling sun for $10.00 an hour. Maybe it was the concert footage for some future DVD, or maybe it was the master of “Problem 8”, or maybe it was the so-called ‘curve ball’ that the band had put so much effort into not that long ago, or maybe it was just a drill (a trial run for the real thing), or maybe Tool’s management was simply cleaning house. Who knows? "
Old 08-01-2014, 07:27 PM   #255
Level 4 - Thinker

Blair's still dropping hints... from July's newsletter...

"You’ll please forgive me, but at this point I’ll need to pick up the pace a bit, as my memory of the events is fading. Perhaps the quieter I become, the more you will hear? Again, certain details are now a blank, but with whatever someone wanted from the various boxes and containers now removed, we re-loaded the U-Haul truck and were given directions to a self-storage unit where they were to be kept… Come to think of it… it was after a taking a few bites from the cookie… raisin, I think it was… that I really didn’t care any longer about what was in the containers that JOE and I had been loading and unloading all day under the broiling sun for $10.00 an hour. Maybe it was the concert footage for some future DVD, or maybe it was the master of “Problem 8”, or maybe it was the so-called ‘curve ball’ that the band had put so much effort into not that long ago, or maybe it was just a drill (a trial run for the real thing), or maybe Tool’s management was simply cleaning house. Who knows? "
Esteban Crespo's Avatar Esteban Crespo
08-04-2014, 07:04 AM

Is he dropping hints or just laughing about an old persistant joke?
Old 08-04-2014, 07:04 AM   #256
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Is he dropping hints or just laughing about an old persistant joke?
08-04-2014, 07:17 AM

dropping hints.
Old 08-04-2014, 07:17 AM   #257
Level 10 - Vehement

dropping hints.
08-04-2014, 11:47 AM

Well, if that's true, I'll have to do my homework and catch up with every one of them. Anyway, seems to be really challenging...several years of discussion and no definitive light over it.
Old 08-04-2014, 11:47 AM   #258
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Well, if that's true, I'll have to do my homework and catch up with every one of them. Anyway, seems to be really challenging...several years of discussion and no definitive light over it.
10-31-2014, 08:15 PM

New newsletter has problem 8 and BAC photoshopped onto a pic of Rance...
Old 10-31-2014, 08:15 PM   #259

New newsletter has problem 8 and BAC photoshopped onto a pic of Rance...
10-31-2014, 11:36 PM

i just got home from work 3am, browsing the web in the dark, and scrolled past that pic and it scared the living fuck out of me.

too afraid to read the newsletter...anything worthwhile?
Old 10-31-2014, 11:36 PM   #260
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 110

i just got home from work 3am, browsing the web in the dark, and scrolled past that pic and it scared the living fuck out of me.

11-01-2014, 03:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lackymacky View Post
The only thing of any note is a very vague reference to spring.
Old 11-01-2014, 03:45 AM   #261
crows before hoes

Bincount™: 8619

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lackymacky View Post
The only thing of any note is a very vague reference to spring.
11-05-2014, 04:33 PM

The image posted on the october newsletter says "Problem 8 final mix on 7in" on the box sitting on the shelf.
Old 11-05-2014, 04:33 PM   #262
Level 1 - Lurker

The image posted on the october newsletter says "Problem 8 final mix on 7in" on the box sitting on the shelf.
lotus.'s Avatar lotus.
11-05-2014, 04:57 PM

New newsletter: Did anyone see the box on the shelf that says Problem 8 on it?
Old 11-05-2014, 04:57 PM   #263
Up From The Skies
Suicide Booth ID: 13

Bincount™: 26323

New newsletter: Did anyone see the box on the shelf that says Problem 8 on it?
J A G's Avatar J A G
11-05-2014, 05:00 PM

Newsletter update: Problem 8 is displayed on a box on a shelf in a picture in a newsletter
Old 11-05-2014, 05:00 PM   #264

Bincount™: 7676

Newsletter update: Problem 8 is displayed on a box on a shelf in a picture in a newsletter
Malaclypse
11-05-2014, 05:13 PM

hey, does anybody have a newsletter update?
Old 11-05-2014, 05:13 PM   #265
Banned.

hey, does anybody have a newsletter update?
lotus.'s Avatar lotus.
11-05-2014, 05:28 PM

I got 8 problem but a Tool aint one.
Old 11-05-2014, 05:28 PM   #266
Up From The Skies

I got 8 problem but a Tool aint one.
J A G's Avatar J A G
11-05-2014, 05:33 PM

I'm gonna spend the next week of my life obsessing over Problem 8. I know the payoff will be worth it.
Old 11-05-2014, 05:33 PM   #267

I'm gonna spend the next week of my life obsessing over Problem 8. I know the payoff will be worth it.
lotus.'s Avatar lotus.
11-05-2014, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J A G View Post
JAG, you wanna see my super secret alternate track listing for Problem 8?
Old 11-05-2014, 05:39 PM   #268
Up From The Skies

Quote:
JAG, you wanna see my super secret alternate track listing for Problem 8?
J A G's Avatar J A G
11-05-2014, 05:43 PM

I want to know all your secrets, big guy.
Old 11-05-2014, 05:43 PM   #269

Yogi's Avatar Yogi
11-05-2014, 08:51 PM

Why does it have to be a "problem"?
Old 11-05-2014, 08:51 PM   #270
Level 2 - Poster

11-05-2014, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Lend me your ear and I'll whisper in your rear.
Old 11-05-2014, 09:13 PM   #271
Up From The Skies

Quote:
Lend me your ear and I'll whisper in your rear.
J A G's Avatar J A G
11-06-2014, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yogi View Post
*knocks yogi's half full glass of water out of his hand*

it's a problem okay
Old 11-06-2014, 05:49 AM   #272

Quote:
*knocks yogi's half full glass of water out of his hand*

it's a problem okay
lotus.'s Avatar lotus.
11-06-2014, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Boo Boo called. He wants his solution back.
Old 11-06-2014, 05:58 AM   #273
Up From The Skies

Quote:
Boo Boo called. He wants his solution back.
Merkabalove's Avatar Merkabalove
11-06-2014, 12:00 PM

What if problem 8, the big curveball and the new album were all one in the same thing.
Old 11-06-2014, 12:00 PM   #274
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 3

What if problem 8, the big curveball and the new album were all one in the same thing.
11-06-2014, 01:12 PM

I mentioned the '96 WILMA article a few posts ago and in it Maynard says this:

...we spent two years in the South of France at the Renne LeChateau

Maybe the box does say Final Mix on 7in - as in master recording tape, it would fit this mysterious recording/writing sessions that M mentions but seems way out of place and is not mentioned on any liner notes. Also there is no Casablanca in S France but there was one in Palm Springs.

Last edited by zombie; 11-06-2014 at 01:13 PM..
Old 11-06-2014, 01:12 PM   #275

I mentioned the '96 WILMA article a few posts ago and in it Maynard says this:

...we spent two years in the South of France at the Renne LeChateau

Maybe the box does say Final Mix on 7in - as in master recording tape, it would fit this mysterious recording/writing sessions that M mentions but seems way out of place and is not mentioned on any liner notes. Also there is no Casablanca in S France but there was one in Palm Springs.

Last edited by zombie; 11-06-2014 at 01:13 PM..
11-06-2014, 02:33 PM

written in france, then recorded/mixed (not in france).
Old 11-06-2014, 02:33 PM   #276
Level 10 - Vehement

11-06-2014, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merkabalove View Post
BMB has refuted this, or at least alluded that they are entirely separate ideas.

additionally, from TOOL NEWSLETTER AUGUST 2013, E.V.:

...to answer those email questions about any contention between the supposed hidden track, “Problem 8: The Riemann Hypothesis” and the “Bethlehem Abortion Clinic” record in the spoof catalog in the import release of the “Aenima” CD, I can tell you unequivocally that there is NOT (other than the obvious). And as for the name “Volto” being an anagram for “Tool V”, although technically it is, this is merely a coincidence…
Old 11-06-2014, 02:47 PM   #277
Level 10 - Vehement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merkabalove View Post
BMB has refuted this, or at least alluded that they are entirely separate ideas.

additionally, from TOOL NEWSLETTER AUGUST 2013, E.V.:

...to answer those email questions about any contention between the supposed hidden track, “Problem 8: The Riemann Hypothesis” and the “Bethlehem Abortion Clinic” record in the spoof catalog in the import release of the “Aenima” CD, I can tell you unequivocally that there is NOT (other than the obvious). And as for the name “Volto” being an anagram for “Tool V”, although technically it is, this is merely a coincidence…
11-06-2014, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iAMtheMA! View Post
Likely if he isn't full of shit, also it fits the time that Paul was leaving and they toured Europe hence Blair not knowing which bassist was on Prob 8 if it is what he is referring to - but have you ever heard of Casablanca in relation to Tool? I haven't but I could be wrong, if they had released songs recorded there it would be in the liner of something or somewhere buried in a FAQ but this article is it and it M also mentions other weird things like the Joyful Guide to Lachrymology.. I did some research on Casablanca Records not too long ago, their old studio is for sale in Palm Springs and I want it! They definitely had the equipment to match all of the conjecture.

This interview just seems out of place and seems to be the beginning of them inserting fallacies and or misinfo regarding Aenima. Why would they do an interview with this magazine - http://www.wilmaontheweb.com/

Last edited by zombie; 11-06-2014 at 03:07 PM..
Old 11-06-2014, 03:00 PM   #278

Quote:
Originally Posted by iAMtheMA! View Post
Likely if he isn't full of shit, also it fits the time that Paul was leaving and they toured Europe hence Blair not knowing which bassist was on Prob 8 if it is what he is referring to - but have you ever heard of Casablanca in relation to Tool? I haven't but I could be wrong, if they had released songs recorded there it would be in the liner of something or somewhere buried in a FAQ but this article is it and it M also mentions other weird things like the Joyful Guide to Lachrymology.. I did some research on Casablanca Records not too long ago, their old studio is for sale in Palm Springs and I want it! They definitely had the equipment to match all of the conjecture.

This interview just seems out of place and seems to be the beginning of them inserting fallacies and or misinfo regarding Aenima. Why would they do an interview with this magazine - http://www.wilmaontheweb.com/

Last edited by zombie; 11-06-2014 at 03:07 PM..
11-06-2014, 04:37 PM

my doubts lie with the "two years" bit. unless, you know, it was meant: "over the course of two years". though, the band (and friends - including BMB and DC's father Bob) had frequented the area to take precise measurements as a means to replicate RLC's 'tour magdala' building. why? for what purpose? there are a few BMB articles (in and around toolband) that go into great depth concerning this very unique/curious DC project, and the entire RLC mystery, while directly (and repeatedly) referencing lachrymology, blue apples, the grand dreaming of a treasured eye ("see": 4 degrees), etc, et al. but all i can say about my own theories right now is to remind everyone that TOOL is a math band; numbers can represent infinite forms, models, modes, and mediums. if the tour magdala tower is so important, even sacred - as all anything tool says about it suggests - then perhaps "writing the record" refers to a sort of musical transcription of those same measurements. maybe this is what those whiteboard formulas represent. like some sort of trans-cryptic decoder ring. "a word to guide you in".

locked up inside you like a calm beneath the castle is a cavern of treasures that NO ONE has been to -_- let's go digging
Old 11-06-2014, 04:37 PM   #279
Level 10 - Vehement

my doubts lie with the "two years" bit. unless, you know, it was meant: "over the course of two years". though, the band (and friends - including BMB and DC's father Bob) had frequented the area to take precise measurements as a means to replicate RLC's 'tour magdala' building. why? for what purpose? there are a few BMB articles (in and around toolband) that go into great depth concerning this very unique/curious DC project, and the entire RLC mystery, while directly (and repeatedly) referencing lachrymology, blue apples, the grand dreaming of a treasured eye ("see": 4 degrees), etc, et al. but all i can say about my own theories right now is to remind everyone that TOOL is a math band; numbers can represent infinite forms, models, modes, and mediums. if the tour magdala tower is so important, even sacred - as all anything tool says about it suggests - then perhaps "writing the record" refers to a sort of musical transcription of those same measurements. maybe this is what those whiteboard formulas represent. like some sort of trans-cryptic decoder ring. "a word to guide you in".

locked up inside you like a calm beneath the castle is a cavern of treasures that NO ONE has been to -_- let's go digging
11-06-2014, 09:09 PM

I met Bob. He was a kind man with a nice Cadillac. Do you think the numbers in the catalog mean something other than the possible phone number? Maybe they have a cipher. I have looked around Dissectional and found some strings of numbers that look like a code for one but I know what you mean about RLC being everywhere (even hidden in the pink dot) and repeated ocular references.
Old 11-06-2014, 09:09 PM   #280

I met Bob. He was a kind man with a nice Cadillac. Do you think the numbers in the catalog mean something other than the possible phone number? Maybe they have a cipher. I have looked around Dissectional and found some strings of numbers that look like a code for one but I know what you mean about RLC being everywhere (even hidden in the pink dot) and repeated ocular references.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply