Eon Blue Apocalypse
The Patient
Intolerance
Schism
46 & 2
Lateralus
Aenema

this is the voice of original sin • take it. [attrition]

Last edited by McRoggles; 06-30-2010 at 02:59 AM..
Old 06-21-2010, 12:16 PM   #1
t.d.n creator/presidenté

Bincount™: 116
06.25.2010 - Kansas City, MO @ Sprint Center

Reviews / Setlists only, please.

Setlist:

Third Eye
Jambi
(-)Ions
Stinkfist
Vicarious
Eon Blue Apocalypse
The Patient
Intolerance
Schism
46 & 2
Lateralus
Aenema

this is the voice of original sin • take it. [attrition]

Last edited by McRoggles; 06-30-2010 at 02:59 AM..
OFFLINE |  
fearxile
06-25-2010, 11:47 PM

Third Eye
Jambi
(-)Ions
Stinkfist
Vicarious
Eon Blue Apocalypse
The Patient
Intolerance
Schism
46 & 2
Lateralus
Aenema

My 11th tool show. It was a pretty emotional one for me, since my dad passed away a couple months ago. He is the one who introduced me to Tool 9 years ago, and I had never seen a show without him by my side.

Same setlist as the other shows, but have they been playing the extended Lateralus with the Wovenhand drummer? I haven't read that they have, but he came out and jammed during Lateralus. I was in section 121 front row, but it seemed to be a douche bag section. Me and my friend started standing during Jambi, then when it was almost over the dudes behind us were like "Hey the people behind us are getting pissed at you guys, they are about to go get security. There were only like 5 people in our section that was standing. It was really lame.

Maynard was kind of behind the rest of the band in the mix, and you can just tell his age is getting to his vocals (still not singing the end of vicarious, and using the megaphone more)

All and all it was a pretty awesome show, minus the douche bags. Probably #3, or #4 on my all time favorite shows. Oh and Wovenhand was pretty good, and people there seemed to enjoy them.
Old 06-25-2010, 11:47 PM   #2
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 06.25.2010 - Kansas City, MO @ Sprint Center

Third Eye
Jambi
(-)Ions
Stinkfist
Vicarious
Eon Blue Apocalypse
The Patient
Intolerance
Schism
46 & 2
Lateralus
Aenema

My 11th tool show. It was a pretty emotional one for me, since my dad passed away a couple months ago. He is the one who introduced me to Tool 9 years ago, and I had never seen a show without him by my side.

Same setlist as the other shows, but have they been playing the extended Lateralus with the Wovenhand drummer? I haven't read that they have, but he came out and jammed during Lateralus. I was in section 121 front row, but it seemed to be a douche bag section. Me and my friend started standing during Jambi, then when it was almost over the dudes behind us were like "Hey the people behind us are getting pissed at you guys, they are about to go get security. There were only like 5 people in our section that was standing. It was really lame.

Maynard was kind of behind the rest of the band in the mix, and you can just tell his age is getting to his vocals (still not singing the end of vicarious, and using the megaphone more)

All and all it was a pretty awesome show, minus the douche bags. Probably #3, or #4 on my all time favorite shows. Oh and Wovenhand was pretty good, and people there seemed to enjoy them.
OFFLINE |  
Enphrared
06-26-2010, 03:25 AM

Correct it if I'm wrong...
MJK: "Raise your hand if your under 19!"
MJK: "Raise your hand if your under 20!"
MJK: "Raise your hand if your around 25, this song was written about when you were 4 years old."
--Intollerance--

Wonderful show, one of the best. I'm always in a realm of disbelief when I see them live.

Opened with Third Eye! Every song was spot on. Would've liked clearer singing from Maynard, but w/e. :P

Thank you Tool!! I'll Keep Digging!!
Old 06-26-2010, 03:25 AM   #3
Level 1 - Lurker

MJK: "Raise your hand if your around 25, this song was written about when you were 4 years old."
--Intollerance--

Wonderful show, one of the best. I'm always in a realm of disbelief when I see them live.

Opened with Third Eye! Every song was spot on. Would've liked clearer singing from Maynard, but w/e. :P

06-26-2010, 05:44 AM

https://www.me.com/wm/messagepart?gu...JPG&inline=yes
Anyone see what Maynard's t-shirt was tonight??
Old 06-26-2010, 05:44 AM   #4
Level 1 - Lurker

OFFLINE |  
HiG33k
06-26-2010, 05:45 AM

I was there! It was my first Tool Concert and my 2nd concert overall.
I was in section 108 in the very back row. I was allowed to stand in my chair! (I'm only 5'2") My section was really cool. I think everyone in our section stood up; I remained standing the entire show along with whom I presume to be also die hard Tool fans.

Maynard said:
"Raise your hands if you are 19 or under.
"Raise your hands if you are 20 or younger
"You weren't even born when this song was made.
"All you 25 and under, don't get so high and mighty; you were only 5."

Fearexile had the correct setlist. I loved everything! Next time I go, I wanna be in front of the stage instead of beside it.

The screens played clips from various music videos during the performance, along with other artistic pieces.
I can't wait to do this again.

Skataro: it said "Postal"
and Danny was wearing Kansas gear... (this is what my dad tells me)
Old 06-26-2010, 05:45 AM   #5
Level 1 - Lurker

I was there! It was my first Tool Concert and my 2nd concert overall.
I was in section 108 in the very back row. I was allowed to stand in my chair! (I'm only 5'2") My section was really cool. I think everyone in our section stood up; I remained standing the entire show along with whom I presume to be also die hard Tool fans.

Maynard said:

Fearexile had the correct setlist. I loved everything! Next time I go, I wanna be in front of the stage instead of beside it.

The screens played clips from various music videos during the performance, along with other artistic pieces.
I can't wait to do this again.

Skataro: it said "Postal"
and Danny was wearing Kansas gear... (this is what my dad tells me)
OFFLINE |  
Enphrared
06-26-2010, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiG33k View Post

Maynard said:
That sounds right! =)

Fun show, I was on balcony about mid court on the rail practically. Couldn't get enough of it. \m/
Old 06-26-2010, 05:51 AM   #6
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiG33k View Post

Maynard said:
That sounds right! =)

Fun show, I was on balcony about mid court on the rail practically. Couldn't get enough of it. \m/
06-26-2010, 08:09 AM

Section 120 Row 19 for my third Tool Show...

And they never fail to impress. More impressive each time actually.

The band is so tight, the fact these guys are genuinely having fun being together this tour is obvious. Maynard seems looser and more at ease, from the Maynard-isms to hopping off his riser to sit at Wovenhands' drummers kit... what was it? "Welcome to my stage- now don't fuck it up..."? something like that. Maynard even ran over and unplugged Justin's bass before giving Adam a round-the-world low-five to Adam before exiting the stage...

These guys love what they do and they know exactly how fortunate they are to have us- fans that will sell them out of arena's everywhere they go even /without/ a new album to support. If they didn't they wouldn't have spent five minutes on stage after the show acknowledging our love... Welcome home Danny.

In short- I wept... the memory will keep me doing so...

/edit- Junior... you are a fucking genius.

Last edited by phnx; 06-26-2010 at 10:17 AM..
Old 06-26-2010, 08:09 AM   #7
Level 3 - Talker

Section 120 Row 19 for my third Tool Show...

And they never fail to impress. More impressive each time actually.

The band is so tight, the fact these guys are genuinely having fun being together this tour is obvious. Maynard seems looser and more at ease, from the Maynard-isms to hopping off his riser to sit at Wovenhands' drummers kit... what was it? "Welcome to my stage- now don't fuck it up..."? something like that. Maynard even ran over and unplugged Justin's bass before giving Adam a round-the-world low-five to Adam before exiting the stage...

These guys love what they do and they know exactly how fortunate they are to have us- fans that will sell them out of arena's everywhere they go even /without/ a new album to support. If they didn't they wouldn't have spent five minutes on stage after the show acknowledging our love... Welcome home Danny.

In short- I wept... the memory will keep me doing so...

/edit- Junior... you are a fucking genius.

Last edited by phnx; 06-26-2010 at 10:17 AM..
OFFLINE |  
moya_moya's Avatar moya_moya
06-26-2010, 08:14 AM

I can't really speak about maynard's voice because I was fortunate enough to be seated right behind his backup singers. They weren't very good.
Old 06-26-2010, 08:14 AM   #8
Dan's alias

Location: A place where something is or could be located; a site
Bincount™: 14550

I can't really speak about maynard's voice because I was fortunate enough to be seated right behind his backup singers. They weren't very good.
06-26-2010, 08:16 AM

This was my 12th Tool show and in incredible one! Had tickets in section 120 which were decent however while standing in line outside to get in I got a text from my sister who was able to get tickets to a suit. She was alone with her fiancé and invited us up. This was a little tricky since we didn't actually have suit tickets but we managed to get past the elevator security, up to the suit level and into the box. The view was amazing but more people kept showing up so we were forced to leave right before Tool came on. We left the suit through a staircase which we all assumed would take us back down to our section. Down a few flights and out a door we found ourselves on the floor (which has seats) with virtually no security around to check tickets. We walked passed the soundboard directly up to row 10 in the center section, success!! Everyone around us didn't seem to mind and whoever's seats we were in were apparently late or not coming at all. Thirty seconds later the lights went out and Tool took the stage and started in to Third Eye! We were so close we were able to see each member's facial expressions, guitar picks, the labels on Danny's sticks, fucking incredible. This was the the best 15 minutes I've ever had at a Tool show, by far. About half way through Jambi an usher started working his way through our row checking for tickets, which we obviously didn't have. I assumed he'd get a few people deep into the row and then move on but sure enough he went through the entire line of people. He first asked my friend to my left who pretended to go through his pockets looking for the ticket he didn't have. While waiting for my friend he asked to see my ticket so I told him I lost it when I got separated from my group. He seemed somewhat sympathetic and for a moment I though he was going to let me stay but he was persistent. I pleaded with him for about 5 minutes and even tried to pay him off with the $100 bill in my pocket but that failed miserably when he told us to "get the fuck out of here". Fair enough. We worked our way back up to our legit seats and enjoyed the rest of the show which did not disappoint. All in all an awesome night and great performance from the band.

On a side note:

Hats off to the chick I saw trying to get through the ticket taker using her ID and a one dollar bill. What balls!

Last edited by kieflogic; 06-26-2010 at 01:57 PM.. Reason: Not enough info
Old 06-26-2010, 08:16 AM   #9
Level 1 - Lurker

This was my 12th Tool show and in incredible one! Had tickets in section 120 which were decent however while standing in line outside to get in I got a text from my sister who was able to get tickets to a suit. She was alone with her fiancé and invited us up. This was a little tricky since we didn't actually have suit tickets but we managed to get past the elevator security, up to the suit level and into the box. The view was amazing but more people kept showing up so we were forced to leave right before Tool came on. We left the suit through a staircase which we all assumed would take us back down to our section. Down a few flights and out a door we found ourselves on the floor (which has seats) with virtually no security around to check tickets. We walked passed the soundboard directly up to row 10 in the center section, success!! Everyone around us didn't seem to mind and whoever's seats we were in were apparently late or not coming at all. Thirty seconds later the lights went out and Tool took the stage and started in to Third Eye! We were so close we were able to see each member's facial expressions, guitar picks, the labels on Danny's sticks, fucking incredible. This was the the best 15 minutes I've ever had at a Tool show, by far. About half way through Jambi an usher started working his way through our row checking for tickets, which we obviously didn't have. I assumed he'd get a few people deep into the row and then move on but sure enough he went through the entire line of people. He first asked my friend to my left who pretended to go through his pockets looking for the ticket he didn't have. While waiting for my friend he asked to see my ticket so I told him I lost it when I got separated from my group. He seemed somewhat sympathetic and for a moment I though he was going to let me stay but he was persistent. I pleaded with him for about 5 minutes and even tried to pay him off with the $100 bill in my pocket but that failed miserably when he told us to "get the fuck out of here". Fair enough. We worked our way back up to our legit seats and enjoyed the rest of the show which did not disappoint. All in all an awesome night and great performance from the band.

On a side note:

Hats off to the chick I saw trying to get through the ticket taker using her ID and a one dollar bill. What balls!

Last edited by kieflogic; 06-26-2010 at 01:57 PM.. Reason: Not enough info
OFFLINE |  
LateralusJHawk
06-26-2010, 08:20 AM

This was my third time seeing Tool. Last year I saw them at Lollapolooza in Chicago and although it was outdoors, I feel like I could hear Maynard's voice much better at that show than inside the Sprint Center last night. I was in section 106, Row 6 ... I figured maybe it was because I was to the side of the stage rather than in front...? I'm not sure, either way that is really the only downfall that I experienced with the night.

Danny, Justin and Adam were rocking out, Maynard stood in the shadows and did his own thing. I was surprised that he didn't come out in speedos or anything this time around. :-/

Also, after Intolerance some asshole behind me decided to yell, "Justin wasn't even in the band when you guys wrote this song!" ... Really? Was that necessary?

All in all, I loved the show... It was another great experience where I felt at peace with the world while I listened to and watched my favorite band perform... I'll definitely do what I can to see them when they come nearby again.
Old 06-26-2010, 08:20 AM   #10
Level 1 - Lurker

This was my third time seeing Tool. Last year I saw them at Lollapolooza in Chicago and although it was outdoors, I feel like I could hear Maynard's voice much better at that show than inside the Sprint Center last night. I was in section 106, Row 6 ... I figured maybe it was because I was to the side of the stage rather than in front...? I'm not sure, either way that is really the only downfall that I experienced with the night.

Danny, Justin and Adam were rocking out, Maynard stood in the shadows and did his own thing. I was surprised that he didn't come out in speedos or anything this time around. :-/

Also, after Intolerance some asshole behind me decided to yell, "Justin wasn't even in the band when you guys wrote this song!" ... Really? Was that necessary?

All in all, I loved the show... It was another great experience where I felt at peace with the world while I listened to and watched my favorite band perform... I'll definitely do what I can to see them when they come nearby again.
OFFLINE |  
bigb1500
06-26-2010, 08:24 AM

Don't know if anyone else saw this, but Wovenhand's drummer came on to play an extra drum kit during Lateralus, and as he was coming out, Maynard jumped off of his riser and grabbed the sticks and started to sit at the kit as if he were hijacking the drums. It was pretty funny. Maynard seemed to be having fun back there. At one point, he grabbed a piece of paper off of the floor that had a big "4" on it. He handed it to Danny, and said, "That's all you get for your performance tonight - four. Four out of a possible twelve."
Old 06-26-2010, 08:24 AM   #11
Level 1 - Lurker

Don't know if anyone else saw this, but Wovenhand's drummer came on to play an extra drum kit during Lateralus, and as he was coming out, Maynard jumped off of his riser and grabbed the sticks and started to sit at the kit as if he were hijacking the drums. It was pretty funny. Maynard seemed to be having fun back there. At one point, he grabbed a piece of paper off of the floor that had a big "4" on it. He handed it to Danny, and said, "That's all you get for your performance tonight - four. Four out of a possible twelve."
OFFLINE |  
ThePatient78
06-26-2010, 08:44 AM

hey man.. i was wondering if tool had and opening band in KC?
Old 06-26-2010, 08:44 AM   #12
Level 1 - Lurker

Tool

OFFLINE |  
kieflogic
06-26-2010, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePatient78 View Post
Wovenhand

http://www.wovenhand.com/
Old 06-26-2010, 08:46 AM   #13
Level 1 - Lurker

Re: Tool

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePatient78 View Post
Wovenhand

http://www.wovenhand.com/
OFFLINE |  
Ethycs
06-26-2010, 09:44 AM

This was my 4th time seeing Tool in KC and yet again, they did not disappoint. I was in row 12 of section 116. So we had a nice view of the stage and I could Maynard back there swaying in the dark. This was my first time at Sprint Center since I had seen them all the previous times at Kemper. I was happy to see them open with Third eye, especially after the Tool tribute band, Schism, was saying they never play that song! I was also happy to hear, as usual, 46 & 2 since every time I have seen them they have played that song. Overall was very happy with performance, and watching Maynard do his little dance/stretch thing he does as always, was entertaining. Will go again when they are in KC for nothing makes me happier and brings peace to my mind like hearing Tool live.
Old 06-26-2010, 09:44 AM   #14
Level 1 - Lurker

This was my 4th time seeing Tool in KC and yet again, they did not disappoint. I was in row 12 of section 116. So we had a nice view of the stage and I could Maynard back there swaying in the dark. This was my first time at Sprint Center since I had seen them all the previous times at Kemper. I was happy to see them open with Third eye, especially after the Tool tribute band, Schism, was saying they never play that song! I was also happy to hear, as usual, 46 & 2 since every time I have seen them they have played that song. Overall was very happy with performance, and watching Maynard do his little dance/stretch thing he does as always, was entertaining. Will go again when they are in KC for nothing makes me happier and brings peace to my mind like hearing Tool live.
OFFLINE |  
pegmatite21
06-26-2010, 10:42 AM

I had a great time at this show, I'm a huge fan of Danny Carey and the show was all about him. You could tell he was having a great time being back in the town where he went to college. Rocking the KU jersey (as always) in Jayhawk country. In reference to everybody complaining about douchbags. Well you have to come to expect that at a large venue like the Sprint Center. Dude that have only heard like a couple songs from 10,000 Days and Lateralus are gonna show up and try to act like Tool fans. Everybody wants to be an expert. I just ignore them and have a great time at the show. But I will say I get tired of the metalheads but I guess that just isn't my scene and I don't consider Tool to be "metal" like they do. Yeah it does seem like Maynard is getting older. I read that it is hard for him to get into some of those older songs anymore because he just doesn't feel like the same person that wrote those songs. It was still great to hear them play Intolerance, the older Tool is some of my favorite. Great show overall.
Old 06-26-2010, 10:42 AM   #15
Level 1 - Lurker

I had a great time at this show, I'm a huge fan of Danny Carey and the show was all about him. You could tell he was having a great time being back in the town where he went to college. Rocking the KU jersey (as always) in Jayhawk country. In reference to everybody complaining about douchbags. Well you have to come to expect that at a large venue like the Sprint Center. Dude that have only heard like a couple songs from 10,000 Days and Lateralus are gonna show up and try to act like Tool fans. Everybody wants to be an expert. I just ignore them and have a great time at the show. But I will say I get tired of the metalheads but I guess that just isn't my scene and I don't consider Tool to be "metal" like they do. Yeah it does seem like Maynard is getting older. I read that it is hard for him to get into some of those older songs anymore because he just doesn't feel like the same person that wrote those songs. It was still great to hear them play Intolerance, the older Tool is some of my favorite. Great show overall.
OFFLINE |  
Axiom
06-26-2010, 11:11 AM

Well that was the 6th time I've seen Tool. Best yet of course. I've seen around 40 shows and have still never seen such devotion from band to crowd and vise-versa. As soon as the lights went down it was constant cheering. The visuals encapsulate the creative mind of Adam Jones, mixed with Maynard's lyrics. This isn't some mindless rock show. You experience a night of people who think for themselves and don't hold back emotion. Open your mind, free of hate and miss understanding.
Old 06-26-2010, 11:11 AM   #16
Level 1 - Lurker

Well that was the 6th time I've seen Tool. Best yet of course. I've seen around 40 shows and have still never seen such devotion from band to crowd and vise-versa. As soon as the lights went down it was constant cheering. The visuals encapsulate the creative mind of Adam Jones, mixed with Maynard's lyrics. This isn't some mindless rock show. You experience a night of people who think for themselves and don't hold back emotion. Open your mind, free of hate and miss understanding.
OFFLINE |  
2+2=5
06-26-2010, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moya_moya View Post
...Back up singers?....
Old 06-26-2010, 12:16 PM   #17
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by moya_moya View Post
...Back up singers?....
OFFLINE |  
erowyn1615
06-26-2010, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pegmatite21 View Post
someone correct me if im wrong but danny didnt go to ku his little brother did, he played basketball, hench the "carey" jersey he ALWAYS wears in kc. danny is from kansas but not lawrence, but i think he went to college in cali (where he and maynard first met)

anyways this is my 8th tool show and probably one of my favorites, after having 2 kids Jambi has become one of my favorite songs and i will admit my husband and i both teared up during it. plus schism is my all time fav tool song so i always love hearing it. great show and i think this is the most ive heard maynard speak since the first leg of the laterlus tour back in like 01

Last edited by erowyn1615; 06-26-2010 at 12:56 PM..
Old 06-26-2010, 12:54 PM   #18
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by pegmatite21 View Post
someone correct me if im wrong but danny didnt go to ku his little brother did, he played basketball, hench the "carey" jersey he ALWAYS wears in kc. danny is from kansas but not lawrence, but i think he went to college in cali (where he and maynard first met)

anyways this is my 8th tool show and probably one of my favorites, after having 2 kids Jambi has become one of my favorite songs and i will admit my husband and i both teared up during it. plus schism is my all time fav tool song so i always love hearing it. great show and i think this is the most ive heard maynard speak since the first leg of the laterlus tour back in like 01

Last edited by erowyn1615; 06-26-2010 at 12:56 PM..
OFFLINE |  
moya_moya's Avatar moya_moya
06-26-2010, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2+2=5 View Post
...Back up singers?....
I am sure you had some in your section too. In my case it was a group of about 6 guys who sang every lyric really loud and off key.
Old 06-26-2010, 02:31 PM   #19
Dan's alias

Location: A place where something is or could be located; a site
Bincount™: 14550

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2+2=5 View Post
...Back up singers?....
I am sure you had some in your section too. In my case it was a group of about 6 guys who sang every lyric really loud and off key.
06-26-2010, 02:58 PM

Anyone able to catch what Maynard said after Lateralus? I could only hear something like "... see I told you we weren't leaving." Then they went into Ænema.

Incredible performance from the entire band. Third Eye was a treat to hear. The screens seemed to have more clarity on this tour, as opposed to previous times I have seen them. And the lasers were incredible, as usual. The night seemed to go by REALLY fast! I had a lot of fun, and it looked like the band was having fun on stage, too.
Old 06-26-2010, 02:58 PM   #20
Mak
Level 1 - Lurker

Anyone able to catch what Maynard said after Lateralus? I could only hear something like "... see I told you we weren't leaving." Then they went into Ænema.

Incredible performance from the entire band. Third Eye was a treat to hear. The screens seemed to have more clarity on this tour, as opposed to previous times I have seen them. And the lasers were incredible, as usual. The night seemed to go by REALLY fast! I had a lot of fun, and it looked like the band was having fun on stage, too.
OFFLINE |  
FayeRose
06-26-2010, 03:06 PM

This was my 4th time seeing Tool and probably one of the best!

My seats were pretty terrible, section 228, but I enjoyed being able to see the light show. LOVED hearing Third Eye and The Patient.

On a negative note, security was TERRIBLE! I got there at 7:45 hoping to catch the opening band.. but I didn't get inside until 8:30, missing the opening band entirely.

The security guard made the girl in front of me take off her studded belt, I mean come on!
Old 06-26-2010, 03:06 PM   #21
Level 1 - Lurker

This was my 4th time seeing Tool and probably one of the best!

My seats were pretty terrible, section 228, but I enjoyed being able to see the light show. LOVED hearing Third Eye and The Patient.

On a negative note, security was TERRIBLE! I got there at 7:45 hoping to catch the opening band.. but I didn't get inside until 8:30, missing the opening band entirely.

The security guard made the girl in front of me take off her studded belt, I mean come on!
OFFLINE |  
ImmoralNeo
06-26-2010, 04:00 PM

4th time seeing Tool, I was still surprised though they sold out the Sprint Center, although from the floor it sure seemed the scalpers were contributing to most of it.

I was standing in Section 15A Center, closest i've ever been to show, didn't have to go through the ToolArmy website this time for decent seats. Setlist was as posted, blew me away to have "Third Eye" as the opener and even more so "taking the time machine back" to play "Intolerance." Camella and Robyn's new additions to the visuals were amazing. The new modifications to the set were awesome, the LED screens i'm sure from far away looked much better than the previous projection system. The way that the Sprint Center has the speakers set up above the stage interfered with the laser projection system...good sound overall except for Maynard's megaphone mic.

Danny had a replaced cymbal and drumhead in the middle of the set and possibly there was an issue with Justin's pedal setup he was on the floor alot adjusting in the middle, something I didn't notice the last time on the 10,000 Days tour, reading previous reviews however i'm not quite sure since it seems to be consistent with each tour date. Maynard was pretty low-key and drinking his wine through the set, he had a half-full bottle of wine when he walked on stage and he had it finished by Lateralus. Its my belief, the reason why he ran off stage so quickly at the end of the set was he had to take a piss. Danny, Justin, and Adam all stuck around on stage for a little bit, I don't know if anyone else noticed but Danny had his custom printed Kansas jersey on.

Overall it was a good show, Wovenhand's drummer did the extended Lateralus and kept up with Danny quite well. I wish it was a little longer but it was worth the money as always.

As a sidenote to anyone yet to see a venue, only three shirts are selling for $20, the rest are $40, a little bit marked up from the last show.

*EDIT* To the people wondering about Maynard running to the extra drum kit in Lateralus, he handed the drummer his sticks.

Last edited by ImmoralNeo; 06-26-2010 at 04:06 PM..
Old 06-26-2010, 04:00 PM   #22
Level 1 - Lurker

4th time seeing Tool, I was still surprised though they sold out the Sprint Center, although from the floor it sure seemed the scalpers were contributing to most of it.

I was standing in Section 15A Center, closest i've ever been to show, didn't have to go through the ToolArmy website this time for decent seats. Setlist was as posted, blew me away to have "Third Eye" as the opener and even more so "taking the time machine back" to play "Intolerance." Camella and Robyn's new additions to the visuals were amazing. The new modifications to the set were awesome, the LED screens i'm sure from far away looked much better than the previous projection system. The way that the Sprint Center has the speakers set up above the stage interfered with the laser projection system...good sound overall except for Maynard's megaphone mic.

Danny had a replaced cymbal and drumhead in the middle of the set and possibly there was an issue with Justin's pedal setup he was on the floor alot adjusting in the middle, something I didn't notice the last time on the 10,000 Days tour, reading previous reviews however i'm not quite sure since it seems to be consistent with each tour date. Maynard was pretty low-key and drinking his wine through the set, he had a half-full bottle of wine when he walked on stage and he had it finished by Lateralus. Its my belief, the reason why he ran off stage so quickly at the end of the set was he had to take a piss. Danny, Justin, and Adam all stuck around on stage for a little bit, I don't know if anyone else noticed but Danny had his custom printed Kansas jersey on.

Overall it was a good show, Wovenhand's drummer did the extended Lateralus and kept up with Danny quite well. I wish it was a little longer but it was worth the money as always.

As a sidenote to anyone yet to see a venue, only three shirts are selling for $20, the rest are $40, a little bit marked up from the last show.

*EDIT* To the people wondering about Maynard running to the extra drum kit in Lateralus, he handed the drummer his sticks.

Last edited by ImmoralNeo; 06-26-2010 at 04:06 PM..
OFFLINE |  
ImmoralNeo
06-26-2010, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mak View Post
He said "See I told you everything would be okay," earlier at the beginning the set he said "Everything will be okay."
Old 06-26-2010, 04:07 PM   #23
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mak View Post
He said "See I told you everything would be okay," earlier at the beginning the set he said "Everything will be okay."
OFFLINE |  
chonus's Avatar chonus
06-26-2010, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kieflogic View Post
we found ourselves on the floor (which has seats) with virtually no security around to check tickets. We walked passed the soundboard directly up to row 10 in the center section, success!! Everyone around us didn't seem to mind and whoever's seats we were in were apparently late or not coming at all.

A big thanks from everybody who paid for their floor tickets. I'm sure glad you brought the ushers over to distract everybody. Way to be courtesy of everyone else. I was in row 11. Believe me, people minded. But hey as long as YOU enjoyed yourself why would you care, right?

Other than superfans, the show was excellent. I was pleasantly surprised to hear them open with Third Eye as I didn't check the set list beforehand. Every song was a great experience. Loved The Patient, Vicarious, and Intolerance.

Drove from Omaha, broke down in Oregon, hitchiked to St. Joe's, and then caught an $80 cab ride to KC. Made it just in time. Well worth it.

Last edited by chonus; 06-26-2010 at 04:35 PM..
Old 06-26-2010, 04:29 PM   #24
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kieflogic View Post
we found ourselves on the floor (which has seats) with virtually no security around to check tickets. We walked passed the soundboard directly up to row 10 in the center section, success!! Everyone around us didn't seem to mind and whoever's seats we were in were apparently late or not coming at all.

A big thanks from everybody who paid for their floor tickets. I'm sure glad you brought the ushers over to distract everybody. Way to be courtesy of everyone else. I was in row 11. Believe me, people minded. But hey as long as YOU enjoyed yourself why would you care, right?

Other than superfans, the show was excellent. I was pleasantly surprised to hear them open with Third Eye as I didn't check the set list beforehand. Every song was a great experience. Loved The Patient, Vicarious, and Intolerance.

Drove from Omaha, broke down in Oregon, hitchiked to St. Joe's, and then caught an $80 cab ride to KC. Made it just in time. Well worth it.

Last edited by chonus; 06-26-2010 at 04:35 PM..
OFFLINE |  
DaddyO
06-26-2010, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmoralNeo View Post
Actually when he started the show he said "Everything is going to work out", Later on he said "I told you everything was going to work out"
Old 06-26-2010, 05:42 PM   #25
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmoralNeo View Post
Actually when he started the show he said "Everything is going to work out", Later on he said "I told you everything was going to work out"
OFFLINE |  
DaddyO
06-26-2010, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skataro View Post
It said "POSTAL"
Old 06-26-2010, 05:43 PM   #26
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
It said "POSTAL"
OFFLINE |  
ImmoralNeo
06-26-2010, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyO View Post
I stand corrected.
Old 06-26-2010, 05:51 PM   #27
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyO View Post
I stand corrected.
OFFLINE |  
DaddyO
06-26-2010, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enphrared View Post
--Intollerance--

He said raise your hand if you're 19 (not many people raised their hands)
so then he says, Raise your hand if you're 20 (this time lots of people raised their hands)
So he says "you werent even born when we wrote this song"

Then says raise your hand if your 25 (lots of people cheer and raise their hands)
So he says "dont get all high and mighty, you were only 4 years old"
Old 06-26-2010, 05:54 PM   #28
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enphrared View Post
--Intollerance--

He said raise your hand if you're 19 (not many people raised their hands)
so then he says, Raise your hand if you're 20 (this time lots of people raised their hands)
So he says "you werent even born when we wrote this song"

Then says raise your hand if your 25 (lots of people cheer and raise their hands)
So he says "dont get all high and mighty, you were only 4 years old"
OFFLINE |  
desperado_guitarist's Avatar desperado_guitarist
06-26-2010, 10:08 PM

This was my 7th real concert; First tool concert. I was absolutely blown away by the Entity that was Maynard, Adam, Justin, and Danny performing as one. TOOL
I got shirt Number two which I was happy to find out during the show Was paired with Lateralus which made me love it that much more.

My friend and I sat in section 232 row eight. aisle seats (1 and 2) which were in the center vortex of the Aircoditioning flow I happened to notice, so we definitely got contact High from the air reeking of marijuana.

Our seats were nosebleed but amazing none the less! TOOL was fantastic overall. My favorite concert ever.

We found our seats very quickly and enjoyed the opener "Wovenhand". I really would like to hear more of their material because they were a very solid opening band for tool. And Their Drummer absolutely tore up Lateralus with Danny.

My friend actually risked a bathroom trip...merely a minute before maynard's voice filled the air...she ran back instantly.

Third Eye grabbed me by the balls, as did jambi to my soul. Somewhere in Vicarious Maynard ate my soul I believe...and I would like it back thank you very much MJK!
I loved his "Everything is going to work out- See...I Told you everything was going to work out" moments...almost as much as I loved his "age 19, hands, 20, hands" schpiel.

I about came when Carey hits the gong in Lateralus. Both times.
I believe lateralus lasted for about twenty minutes or so...i couldnt tell exactly but It was just so pure amazing.
As for the members themselves.
Maynard- Always our friendly neighborhood somethingsexual with a sweet ass megaphone and wicked keyboard skills in vicarious. I love how he unlike most singers, he just hangs out in the back with danny and Adam and Justin get the front spotlight. Which is really cool of a frontman. Well...Sideman...what have you.
Adam-My guitar Idol...It was like watching god play guitar. True inspiration. His array of effects and lightning fingerspeed and machine precision (except for one note in lateralus...sorry Adam but i cought it...its a mistake i've made too learning the song...ITs all good) Amazed me to no end. thanks for being amazing!
Justin-the ever solid nervous system of TOOL and the pulse of the rhythm. It was amazing to see him rock out live and be amazing for thousands! pure awesome!!!!

and good ol' Danny...Of all the members...he stole the show completely. You could tell how into it and How much fun he was having. I didn't catch onto the fact he was wearing a KU jersey until the end when he threw his drum heads like he typically does. That was actually very interesting to learn about while reading the thread here.
He was amazing. Lateralus was amazing with wovenhands drummer (unknown...?...someone quote this for me if possible
I had a fantastic time at TOOL 2010 KC and cannot wait for the new album their promoting and for their next tour near the Kansas/Missouri/Oklahoma area!

"SHINE ON FOREVER-Jambi:
Old 06-26-2010, 10:08 PM   #29
Level 1 - Lurker

This was my 7th real concert; First tool concert. I was absolutely blown away by the Entity that was Maynard, Adam, Justin, and Danny performing as one. TOOL
I got shirt Number two which I was happy to find out during the show Was paired with Lateralus which made me love it that much more.

My friend and I sat in section 232 row eight. aisle seats (1 and 2) which were in the center vortex of the Aircoditioning flow I happened to notice, so we definitely got contact High from the air reeking of marijuana.

Our seats were nosebleed but amazing none the less! TOOL was fantastic overall. My favorite concert ever.

We found our seats very quickly and enjoyed the opener "Wovenhand". I really would like to hear more of their material because they were a very solid opening band for tool. And Their Drummer absolutely tore up Lateralus with Danny.

My friend actually risked a bathroom trip...merely a minute before maynard's voice filled the air...she ran back instantly.

Third Eye grabbed me by the balls, as did jambi to my soul. Somewhere in Vicarious Maynard ate my soul I believe...and I would like it back thank you very much MJK!
I loved his "Everything is going to work out- See...I Told you everything was going to work out" moments...almost as much as I loved his "age 19, hands, 20, hands" schpiel.

I about came when Carey hits the gong in Lateralus. Both times.
I believe lateralus lasted for about twenty minutes or so...i couldnt tell exactly but It was just so pure amazing.
As for the members themselves.
Maynard- Always our friendly neighborhood somethingsexual with a sweet ass megaphone and wicked keyboard skills in vicarious. I love how he unlike most singers, he just hangs out in the back with danny and Adam and Justin get the front spotlight. Which is really cool of a frontman. Well...Sideman...what have you.
Adam-My guitar Idol...It was like watching god play guitar. True inspiration. His array of effects and lightning fingerspeed and machine precision (except for one note in lateralus...sorry Adam but i cought it...its a mistake i've made too learning the song...ITs all good) Amazed me to no end. thanks for being amazing!
Justin-the ever solid nervous system of TOOL and the pulse of the rhythm. It was amazing to see him rock out live and be amazing for thousands! pure awesome!!!!

and good ol' Danny...Of all the members...he stole the show completely. You could tell how into it and How much fun he was having. I didn't catch onto the fact he was wearing a KU jersey until the end when he threw his drum heads like he typically does. That was actually very interesting to learn about while reading the thread here.
He was amazing. Lateralus was amazing with wovenhands drummer (unknown...?...someone quote this for me if possible
I had a fantastic time at TOOL 2010 KC and cannot wait for the new album their promoting and for their next tour near the Kansas/Missouri/Oklahoma area!

"SHINE ON FOREVER-Jambi:
OFFLINE |  
tooldude's Avatar tooldude
06-26-2010, 10:21 PM

Same setlist as all other dates... If y'all didn't know already.. Maynard in shorts and postal shirt drinkin on some wine no slippers tonight regular shoes. Danny in jayhawks jersey #22. badass show as you can imagine. Maynard before intolerance "raise your hand if you're 19 or younger.. This song was written before you were born. Those 25 and younger don't get high and mighty, you were 5 years old." did the drummer for wovenhand join them onstage for lateralus at any of the other shows this tour? Well he did tonight. I don't recall anybody saying anything about it. Off to st charles tomorrow!
09.08.01 06.15.07 06.17.07 06.23.07 06.29.07 08.07.09 08.08.09 06.25.10 06.26.10 01.24.12 02.04.12 06.23.12 01.22.16 01.23.16 06.07.17 06.08.17 05.20.18 05.08.19 11.02.19 01.29.20 03.04.22 03.18.22 05.25.23
Old 06-26-2010, 10:21 PM   #30
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 7

Same setlist as all other dates... If y'all didn't know already.. Maynard in shorts and postal shirt drinkin on some wine no slippers tonight regular shoes. Danny in jayhawks jersey #22. badass show as you can imagine. Maynard before intolerance "raise your hand if you're 19 or younger.. This song was written before you were born. Those 25 and younger don't get high and mighty, you were 5 years old." did the drummer for wovenhand join them onstage for lateralus at any of the other shows this tour? Well he did tonight. I don't recall anybody saying anything about it. Off to st charles tomorrow!
09.08.01 06.15.07 06.17.07 06.23.07 06.29.07 08.07.09 08.08.09 06.25.10 06.26.10 01.24.12 02.04.12 06.23.12 01.22.16 01.23.16 06.07.17 06.08.17 05.20.18 05.08.19 11.02.19 01.29.20 03.04.22 03.18.22 05.25.23
OFFLINE |  
Berg
06-26-2010, 10:26 PM

thought id share this. the usher was being a nazi about cameras but i got a couple good ones

http://tinyurl.com/2fky78n

http://tinyurl.com/2cjgs3s

http://tinyurl.com/2fx5kzg

not the best camera but its all good, i got a pretty clear picture in my head :-)
Old 06-26-2010, 10:26 PM   #31
Level 1 - Lurker

thought id share this. the usher was being a nazi about cameras but i got a couple good ones

http://tinyurl.com/2fky78n

http://tinyurl.com/2cjgs3s

http://tinyurl.com/2fx5kzg

not the best camera but its all good, i got a pretty clear picture in my head :-)
OFFLINE |  
Muskeg's Avatar Muskeg
06-27-2010, 05:37 AM

Kc paper's review:

http://www.kansascity.com/2010/06/26...nt-center.html

I thought the drummer from Wovenhand looked lost and clueless in KC, but did much better in St. Charles. Fantastic show in any case!
Old 06-27-2010, 05:37 AM   #32
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Kc paper's review:

http://www.kansascity.com/2010/06/26...nt-center.html

I thought the drummer from Wovenhand looked lost and clueless in KC, but did much better in St. Charles. Fantastic show in any case!
OFFLINE |  
qoncept
06-27-2010, 11:55 AM

This was my 5th Tool show and once again I was disappointed. This time more than ever, because I realized it was a great show and the difference is me. The first Tool show I saw completely blew my mind and it was the first memorable show I'd ever been to. I've been going ever since hoping to match that experience and I finally understand it just won't happen again. I was in a different frame of mind and connected to the music better, and now I truly believe that sitting in a balcony (SITTING) and absorbing the entire show is the best way to see Tool -- I just don't do that anymore. We were against the front rail at Lollapalooza last year and in addition to being a genuinely weak show because of the time constraints, I just can't devote enough of my attention to the band in that kind of environment. Worked great for Green Jelly, though. We were about 20 rows back on the floor for this show.

Any way, like I said, awesome show, but I think the biggest thing that's keeping it from being better is the lack of new material. I was very surprised when I read the setlists for the first few shows that there wasn't a single new song or even a cover being played. I do really appreciate the extended versions of the songs and the intermission. I feel like I've heard basically the same setlist 5 times now, though, with a couple songs changed each time.

We drove from eastern Iowa and I didn't care much at all for the venue. I'm about 5'10" and my wife's about 5'4", and from our seats it wasn't easy for either of us to see. And what's the deal with folding chairs on the floor, anyway? GA would have been better for everyone. My best guess is it would be too hard to keep anyone in the balconies if it was GA. Either way, I thought for sure the seats were done for during the solo in 46&2. I've seen Tool in Cedar Rapids IA, Pensacola, Biloxi and at Lolla in Chicago and thought they were all better venues.

I really don't understand where this tour is coming from. When tickets were first announced and we found out they were going to be recording, I thought for sure it would be in support of an album, either after its release or as a teaser. As it is, I would have rather waited another year for a tour with new material.

Last edited by qoncept; 06-27-2010 at 11:59 AM..
Old 06-27-2010, 11:55 AM   #33
Level 1 - Lurker

This was my 5th Tool show and once again I was disappointed. This time more than ever, because I realized it was a great show and the difference is me. The first Tool show I saw completely blew my mind and it was the first memorable show I'd ever been to. I've been going ever since hoping to match that experience and I finally understand it just won't happen again. I was in a different frame of mind and connected to the music better, and now I truly believe that sitting in a balcony (SITTING) and absorbing the entire show is the best way to see Tool -- I just don't do that anymore. We were against the front rail at Lollapalooza last year and in addition to being a genuinely weak show because of the time constraints, I just can't devote enough of my attention to the band in that kind of environment. Worked great for Green Jelly, though. We were about 20 rows back on the floor for this show.

Any way, like I said, awesome show, but I think the biggest thing that's keeping it from being better is the lack of new material. I was very surprised when I read the setlists for the first few shows that there wasn't a single new song or even a cover being played. I do really appreciate the extended versions of the songs and the intermission. I feel like I've heard basically the same setlist 5 times now, though, with a couple songs changed each time.

We drove from eastern Iowa and I didn't care much at all for the venue. I'm about 5'10" and my wife's about 5'4", and from our seats it wasn't easy for either of us to see. And what's the deal with folding chairs on the floor, anyway? GA would have been better for everyone. My best guess is it would be too hard to keep anyone in the balconies if it was GA. Either way, I thought for sure the seats were done for during the solo in 46&2. I've seen Tool in Cedar Rapids IA, Pensacola, Biloxi and at Lolla in Chicago and thought they were all better venues.

I really don't understand where this tour is coming from. When tickets were first announced and we found out they were going to be recording, I thought for sure it would be in support of an album, either after its release or as a teaser. As it is, I would have rather waited another year for a tour with new material.

Last edited by qoncept; 06-27-2010 at 11:59 AM..
OFFLINE |  
tony4007
06-27-2010, 12:18 PM

This was my 5th Tool concert but my first time at the Sprint Center!!! Sat up in top section but right in the middle!!! The sound was amazing. I believe the longer the show the more they dialed in Maynards vocals. Great show. Aenema was by far my favorite song of the evening. 46&2 is always good live and they did another great job tonite. Overall the best tool ive seen so far...hopefully again in the near future.
Old 06-27-2010, 12:18 PM   #34
Level 2 - Poster

This was my 5th Tool concert but my first time at the Sprint Center!!! Sat up in top section but right in the middle!!! The sound was amazing. I believe the longer the show the more they dialed in Maynards vocals. Great show. Aenema was by far my favorite song of the evening. 46&2 is always good live and they did another great job tonite. Overall the best tool ive seen so far...hopefully again in the near future.
OFFLINE |  
Mopar
06-27-2010, 06:31 PM

So this was my first Tool show, I drove down from Omaha, we got to the venue and sat down in our seats. We had a great view of the stage, we could see everything. The display was looking pretty bad ass before the show started, and then suddenly Timothy Leary appeared on one of the screens saying "Think for yourself, Question Authority"

Commencing shitting of the pants.

Third eye blew my fucking mind, I almost cried out of excitement and joy.. haha. The whole show I couldn't stop smiling, never have I seen something so aesthetically pleasing. My ears and eyes were extremely happy. Overall amazing show, I took some of my friends that aren't into Tool as much as I am, and all 3 of them said that they loved it. One of the best moments in my life, I can't wait to go to more shows.

Only thing I'm a little sad about is I have a terrible memory, and I can't quite remember most of the visuals in the show, I wish I could have recorded it for my own personal viewing.. but oh well. On that note, if anyone got some decent footage and would like to share, send me a PM, It'd be greatly appreciated!
Old 06-27-2010, 06:31 PM   #35
Level 1 - Lurker

So this was my first Tool show, I drove down from Omaha, we got to the venue and sat down in our seats. We had a great view of the stage, we could see everything. The display was looking pretty bad ass before the show started, and then suddenly Timothy Leary appeared on one of the screens saying "Think for yourself, Question Authority"

Commencing shitting of the pants.

Third eye blew my fucking mind, I almost cried out of excitement and joy.. haha. The whole show I couldn't stop smiling, never have I seen something so aesthetically pleasing. My ears and eyes were extremely happy. Overall amazing show, I took some of my friends that aren't into Tool as much as I am, and all 3 of them said that they loved it. One of the best moments in my life, I can't wait to go to more shows.

Only thing I'm a little sad about is I have a terrible memory, and I can't quite remember most of the visuals in the show, I wish I could have recorded it for my own personal viewing.. but oh well. On that note, if anyone got some decent footage and would like to share, send me a PM, It'd be greatly appreciated!
OFFLINE |  
mauser337
06-30-2010, 02:52 AM

This was my fourth show and they put on a sick show. Intolerance and Third Eye were both awesome but The Patient was down right amazing. Loved it. The mix was great where I was at the best I have heard it. For the first time I could actually hear Nardo singing. Danny is such a beast it is always worth the price of admission just to watch him thunder away. Great show, totally worth the drive, totally worth the ticket.

It's amazing what a difference a couple of changes to the set list makes. Now if they would just make the show longer again...

a couple of crappy blackberry pictures I took from my seat

http://i46.tinypic.com/2i9kr47.jpg
http://i49.tinypic.com/saz6fk.jpg

P.S. - Thank you Section 107. Everyone around me was cool as shit (my poster made it the whole show without getting beer stained, not even from me), and a big shout out to Dane and his girl (sorry I forgot your name, still waiting on that e-mail at work). Who would have thought, a six hour away from home and who do I meet but a fellow Tool Army member who lives down the street from me.
Old 06-30-2010, 02:52 AM   #36
Level 1 - Lurker

This was my fourth show and they put on a sick show. Intolerance and Third Eye were both awesome but The Patient was down right amazing. Loved it. The mix was great where I was at the best I have heard it. For the first time I could actually hear Nardo singing. Danny is such a beast it is always worth the price of admission just to watch him thunder away. Great show, totally worth the drive, totally worth the ticket.

It's amazing what a difference a couple of changes to the set list makes. Now if they would just make the show longer again...

a couple of crappy blackberry pictures I took from my seat

http://i46.tinypic.com/2i9kr47.jpg
http://i49.tinypic.com/saz6fk.jpg

P.S. - Thank you Section 107. Everyone around me was cool as shit (my poster made it the whole show without getting beer stained, not even from me), and a big shout out to Dane and his girl (sorry I forgot your name, still waiting on that e-mail at work). Who would have thought, a six hour away from home and who do I meet but a fellow Tool Army member who lives down the street from me.
OFFLINE |  
toolfinattic
06-30-2010, 03:08 PM

Quote:

White shirt with POSTAL on the front and I believe dual under arm gun holsters
Old 06-30-2010, 03:08 PM   #37
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:

White shirt with POSTAL on the front and I believe dual under arm gun holsters
OFFLINE |  
toolfinattic
06-30-2010, 03:20 PM

6th tool show i've seen. As always words cannot express the overwhelming sensory experience and elation i am still feeling. Floor section 2 row 13. The whole night was such a great vibe. If you guys make it back within 350 miles im there
Maynard, Adam, Justin, and Danny thank you guys So Fucki'n Much
Old 06-30-2010, 03:20 PM   #38
Level 1 - Lurker

6th tool show i've seen. As always words cannot express the overwhelming sensory experience and elation i am still feeling. Floor section 2 row 13. The whole night was such a great vibe. If you guys make it back within 350 miles im there
Maynard, Adam, Justin, and Danny thank you guys So Fucki'n Much
OFFLINE |  
Jayhawker's Avatar Jayhawker
06-30-2010, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erowyn1615 View Post

Danny went to my high school in Paola and went to Emporia State for a semester. Also studied at UMKC and then moved to LA. His brother still lives in Paola and I actually went out on his boat (pontoon) and drank with him on Saturday after the show. Danny is just a fan of KU basketball because he's from KS. The Jayhawks are about the only thing close to good basketball in the area.... although Emporia States's women's team just won the National Title! He just gets those jerseys made for the KS shows...
Old 06-30-2010, 07:53 PM   #39
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by erowyn1615 View Post

Danny went to my high school in Paola and went to Emporia State for a semester. Also studied at UMKC and then moved to LA. His brother still lives in Paola and I actually went out on his boat (pontoon) and drank with him on Saturday after the show. Danny is just a fan of KU basketball because he's from KS. The Jayhawks are about the only thing close to good basketball in the area.... although Emporia States's women's team just won the National Title! He just gets those jerseys made for the KS shows...
07-01-2010, 05:43 AM

Great show! It is the only show I will see at Sprint Center with their high ticket prices for shit acts / so I was happy to shell it out for Tool. $75 and well worth it! It was nice that they had a little bit from every album (except Opiate) damnit! The new screens and lasers were a definate plus. Thanks Adam! I have come to terms that Maynard is just going to stand in the back and do nothing...so most of the time I was watching the screens or DANNY! He was amazing again. Had to see them again because who knows when they will be back around...5-6 years like the last time?
Anyway, again great show I put it at #4 of the 15 times I have seen them...come back sooner rather than later! Oh and fuck the camera nazis!!!
Old 07-01-2010, 05:43 AM   #40
Level 1 - Lurker

Great show! It is the only show I will see at Sprint Center with their high ticket prices for shit acts / so I was happy to shell it out for Tool. $75 and well worth it! It was nice that they had a little bit from every album (except Opiate) damnit! The new screens and lasers were a definate plus. Thanks Adam! I have come to terms that Maynard is just going to stand in the back and do nothing...so most of the time I was watching the screens or DANNY! He was amazing again. Had to see them again because who knows when they will be back around...5-6 years like the last time?
Anyway, again great show I put it at #4 of the 15 times I have seen them...come back sooner rather than later! Oh and fuck the camera nazis!!!
OFFLINE |  

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply