Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days
User Name
Password
Sotto Voce
05-31-2006, 03:58 AM

Does anyone else read significance in the fact that noone may BUY OR SELL unless marked by 666 (6/6/6)? Will we all be marked (allowed to BUY new material) on 6/6/6?

"He also forced everyone, small and great, rich and poor, freeman and slave, to receive a mark on (or in*) his right hand or on (or in*) his forehead, so that no-one could buy or sell unless he had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of his name. This calls for wisdom, if anyone has insight, let him calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a person and it's number is 666." Rev 13:16-18

Last edited by Sotto Voce; 05-31-2006 at 04:52 AM..
Old 05-31-2006, 03:58 AM   #1
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 2
When the mark is given...

Does anyone else read significance in the fact that noone may BUY OR SELL unless marked by 666 (6/6/6)? Will we all be marked (allowed to BUY new material) on 6/6/6?

"He also forced everyone, small and great, rich and poor, freeman and slave, to receive a mark on (or in*) his right hand or on (or in*) his forehead, so that no-one could buy or sell unless he had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of his name. This calls for wisdom, if anyone has insight, let him calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a person and it's number is 666." Rev 13:16-18

Last edited by Sotto Voce; 05-31-2006 at 04:52 AM..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
formerlycontent's Avatar formerlycontent
05-31-2006, 04:19 AM

you lost me, what the f*ck are you talking about?
Old 05-31-2006, 04:19 AM   #2
Banned.

Bincount™: 212
Re: When the mark is given...

you lost me, what the f*ck are you talking about?
05-31-2006, 04:21 AM

oh now i understand, you're referring to that book, ummm whats it called? bible or something. yeah thats a really poorly written book, made no sense, more far fetched than LOTR
Old 05-31-2006, 04:21 AM   #3
Banned.

oh now i understand, you're referring to that book, ummm whats it called? bible or something. yeah thats a really poorly written book, made no sense, more far fetched than LOTR
05-31-2006, 04:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRoggles
I think he implies that on 6/6/6 we may send our cd back to Tool (SELL) and receive a new cd in return (BUY).
lol
Old 05-31-2006, 04:26 AM   #4
Banned.

Quote:
I think he implies that on 6/6/6 we may send our cd back to Tool (SELL) and receive a new cd in return (BUY).
lol
bitter_enigma's Avatar bitter_enigma
05-31-2006, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Cheers to McRoggles, the toolnavy Babel Fish!
:D
Old 05-31-2006, 08:36 AM   #5
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 23

Quote:
Cheers to McRoggles, the toolnavy Babel Fish!
:D
Exegesis's Avatar Exegesis
05-31-2006, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sotto Voce

What's it like to live in a Fantasy Zone?
Old 05-31-2006, 09:18 AM   #6
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 52

Quote:

Sotto Voce
05-31-2006, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exegesis
Fantastic, of course
Old 05-31-2006, 09:21 AM   #7
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exegesis
Fantastic, of course
mike09's Avatar mike09
05-31-2006, 10:28 AM

he's talking about the newest newsletter
Old 05-31-2006, 10:28 AM   #8
Banned.

Bincount™: 664

he's talking about the newest newsletter
AloneOnceAgain97's Avatar AloneOnceAgain97
05-31-2006, 10:32 AM

I don't know if you realize, Sotto, but there have been many dates that read 6/6/06... Take June 6th, 1906... Did the world end then? Were they marked by the devil then?

I wish everyone would shut the fuck up about the significance of June 6. Are your lives really so borring?
Old 05-31-2006, 10:32 AM   #9
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 575

I don't know if you realize, Sotto, but there have been many dates that read 6/6/06... Take June 6th, 1906... Did the world end then? Were they marked by the devil then?

I wish everyone would shut the fuck up about the significance of June 6. Are your lives really so borring?
05-31-2006, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AloneOnceAgain97

Of course there have been many 6/6/06 dates.
What they're talking about is THIS occurence and its possible implications, the potential for people having fun with it (the new Omen movie release, for example).
Yes, people have feared certain dates/planetary positions/"signs" for thousands of years but I don't find anything in his post bringing up the end of the world.
You make a good point, maybe, but at the wrong time.
Pay attention, perhaps you'd find things less "borring".
Old 05-31-2006, 11:04 AM   #10
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 7

Quote:

Of course there have been many 6/6/06 dates.
What they're talking about is THIS occurence and its possible implications, the potential for people having fun with it (the new Omen movie release, for example).
Yes, people have feared certain dates/planetary positions/"signs" for thousands of years but I don't find anything in his post bringing up the end of the world.
You make a good point, maybe, but at the wrong time.
Pay attention, perhaps you'd find things less "borring".
Sotto Voce
05-31-2006, 11:12 AM

Quote:

End of the world? Marked by the devil? What are you reading?

And why are you so angry and offensive? Oh right... intellectual pride and the venomous arrogance that comes along with it. Peace brother. Enough of the "Everyone is stupid but me" attitude. If it's ingenuity and originality you value, then demonstrate it. Amuse us - the boring and bored "stupid masses." Show us the way...
Old 05-31-2006, 11:12 AM   #11
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:

End of the world? Marked by the devil? What are you reading?

And why are you so angry and offensive? Oh right... intellectual pride and the venomous arrogance that comes along with it. Peace brother. Enough of the "Everyone is stupid but me" attitude. If it's ingenuity and originality you value, then demonstrate it. Amuse us - the boring and bored "stupid masses." Show us the way...
05-31-2006, 11:50 AM

You mentioned the mark of the beast, am I wrong? According to the Bible, the world will end 6 years or so after the "Tribulation" begins, am I wrong?

I'm not sure where you picked up this intellectual pride thing, but I wasn't attempting to prove any point other than the fact that 6/6/06 doesn't mean the world will implode.
Old 05-31-2006, 11:50 AM   #12
Level 8 - Vociferous

You mentioned the mark of the beast, am I wrong? According to the Bible, the world will end 6 years or so after the "Tribulation" begins, am I wrong?

I'm not sure where you picked up this intellectual pride thing, but I wasn't attempting to prove any point other than the fact that 6/6/06 doesn't mean the world will implode.
05-31-2006, 12:01 PM

Quote:

Noone was arguing that it would.
Easy enough to prove something that's not in question.
Looks like you're done.
I'm guessing he "picked up this intellectual pride thing" from your shitty attitude (seeing as that's where I found it).
I get a little impatient with end-of-the-world mongers myself, but there isn't any of that going on in this thread.
Just a little discussion.
Hope that clears things up.
Old 05-31-2006, 12:01 PM   #13

Quote:

Noone was arguing that it would.
Easy enough to prove something that's not in question.
Looks like you're done.
I'm guessing he "picked up this intellectual pride thing" from your shitty attitude (seeing as that's where I found it).
I get a little impatient with end-of-the-world mongers myself, but there isn't any of that going on in this thread.
Just a little discussion.
Hope that clears things up.
mike09's Avatar mike09
05-31-2006, 12:05 PM

Actually, 666 is a mistranslation. It's 616 and it was a code, it actually was referring to the leader Nero. That whole passage about the anti-christ was actually a warning against the Roman Empire and the dangers they may cause.
Old 05-31-2006, 12:05 PM   #14
Banned.

Bincount™: 664

Actually, 666 is a mistranslation. It's 616 and it was a code, it actually was referring to the leader Nero. That whole passage about the anti-christ was actually a warning against the Roman Empire and the dangers they may cause.
Sotto Voce
05-31-2006, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike09
Not to upset anyone further, but slant the 1 in 616 and you get... 6/6

Now we're having fun! ...or being stupid
Old 05-31-2006, 12:23 PM   #15
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Not to upset anyone further, but slant the 1 in 616 and you get... 6/6

Now we're having fun! ...or being stupid
Sotto Voce
05-31-2006, 12:30 PM

Quote:

Water under the bridge...

I was actually, just amusing (and instilling hope in) myself with possible signs of a new album. Let a brutha hope dang it!
Old 05-31-2006, 12:30 PM   #16
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:

I was actually, just amusing (and instilling hope in) myself with possible signs of a new album. Let a brutha hope dang it!
evilprimeval
05-31-2006, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Yes and now 666 is widely "known" as the number of the beast.
The topic here seems to be if TOOL will play with this date, 6/6/06, and the association that most make with it.
Doesn't matter what the original passage actually intended (though it's an interesting and important bit of information to include in a serious discussion of the topic).
Old 05-31-2006, 12:31 PM   #17

Quote:
Yes and now 666 is widely "known" as the number of the beast.
The topic here seems to be if TOOL will play with this date, 6/6/06, and the association that most make with it.
Doesn't matter what the original passage actually intended (though it's an interesting and important bit of information to include in a serious discussion of the topic).
05-31-2006, 12:54 PM

Quote:

Yeah, I went back and read it again. I missed that the first time... BUY new products... I get it.

My appologies, man.

I hope there is a new album. I still don't particularly love 10KD, but I'm getting there I think.
Old 05-31-2006, 12:54 PM   #18
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:

Yeah, I went back and read it again. I missed that the first time... BUY new products... I get it.

My appologies, man.

I hope there is a new album. I still don't particularly love 10KD, but I'm getting there I think.
05-31-2006, 01:59 PM

Quote:

Sorry to pop your little theory bubble matey, but we already buy and sell in 666.
If you check the barcode on any product you will find 666... trust me.. im a doctor
Old 05-31-2006, 01:59 PM   #19
Banned.

Bincount™: 159

Quote:

Sorry to pop your little theory bubble matey, but we already buy and sell in 666.
If you check the barcode on any product you will find 666... trust me.. im a doctor
Sotto Voce
05-31-2006, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterSthompson
If I must be direct, I meant perhaps some new material (ie. a new album) won't be able to be bought or sold until 6/6/6 at the band's say-so (because the date is, for them, significant in some way).

And rest assured, I trust doctors just as much as I trust all experts.
Old 05-31-2006, 02:10 PM   #20
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
If I must be direct, I meant perhaps some new material (ie. a new album) won't be able to be bought or sold until 6/6/6 at the band's say-so (because the date is, for them, significant in some way).

And rest assured, I trust doctors just as much as I trust all experts.
obwah's Avatar obwah
05-31-2006, 02:56 PM

Quote:
What?
Kindle our hope, and let our grief give way to joy.
31°58' 152°35' = Bliss
Old 05-31-2006, 02:56 PM   #21
Practising Procrastination (tdn $upporter)

Bincount™: 1298

Quote:
What?
Kindle our hope, and let our grief give way to joy.
31°58' 152°35' = Bliss
Drunvalo_M
05-31-2006, 03:29 PM

Quote:

Please elaborate for me. You've got me curious.
Old 05-31-2006, 03:29 PM   #22
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 1

Quote:

Jebussaves's Avatar Jebussaves
05-31-2006, 08:25 PM

OK am I the only person who has heard of Gematria?

Crowley...hello...anyone?
Old 05-31-2006, 08:25 PM   #23
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 3

OK am I the only person who has heard of Gematria?

Crowley...hello...anyone?
/V\agina's Avatar /V\agina
06-01-2006, 05:01 AM

[no]
Old 06-01-2006, 05:01 AM   #24

Bincount™: 22

[no]
06-01-2006, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunvalo_M
Okay you asked for it.. but this may make you shit yourself

http://www.equilibra.uk.com/images/barcode.gif

As you can see the bars represent numbers... and the number 6 is represented by two thin lines which are extended longer than the rest of the bars on either side and in the middle of the barcode so that they stand out... 666

Sleep well tonight my friends and neighbours
Old 06-01-2006, 12:28 PM   #25
Banned.

Bincount™: 159

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunvalo_M
Okay you asked for it.. but this may make you shit yourself

http://www.equilibra.uk.com/images/barcode.gif

As you can see the bars represent numbers... and the number 6 is represented by two thin lines which are extended longer than the rest of the bars on either side and in the middle of the barcode so that they stand out... 666

Sleep well tonight my friends and neighbours
evilprimeval
06-01-2006, 12:44 PM

There are countless 666 associations out there.
Here's a quick link that brings up a few of these, not in very good detail or depth (and with at least a couple of little errors, probably more but I'm not too familiar with some of the content) but it's a good little shotgun spread.
http://philologos.org/bpr/files/n001.htm
Old 06-01-2006, 12:44 PM   #26

There are countless 666 associations out there.
Here's a quick link that brings up a few of these, not in very good detail or depth (and with at least a couple of little errors, probably more but I'm not too familiar with some of the content) but it's a good little shotgun spread.
http://philologos.org/bpr/files/n001.htm
#Notion's Avatar #Notion
06-01-2006, 01:15 PM

Can we move this to the philosophy or spirituality forum
Old 06-01-2006, 01:15 PM   #27
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 18

Can we move this to the philosophy or spirituality forum

Rate This Thread