Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Live » Concert Reviews: Spring 2012
User Name
Password
toolfan63
01-17-2012, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobster View Post
:D I can't really remember a lot from the first Tool concert I went to so I can't remember the intermission, but the show in Reno's intermission was super sick! Vocals I thought could have been turned up a tiny bit more, like I could hear that crappy singer for the opening band, but it was a strech to hear Maynard. I was in section 116 in the 4th row. I tried getting floor seats, but ticket master said I couldn't buy 7 tickets on the floor.D:

Anyways this was seriously and an awesome concert!!!!!!!!!

No way! I was in section 116 row 4 as well. This was my 9th tool show and 2nd time
Seeing ticks and leaches. Hooker was awesome but pushit was the highlight of the night for me.
Old 01-17-2012, 05:28 PM   #41
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Re: 01.14.2012 - Reno, NV @ Reno Events Centre

Quote:
:D I can't really remember a lot from the first Tool concert I went to so I can't remember the intermission, but the show in Reno's intermission was super sick! Vocals I thought could have been turned up a tiny bit more, like I could hear that crappy singer for the opening band, but it was a strech to hear Maynard. I was in section 116 in the 4th row. I tried getting floor seats, but ticket master said I couldn't buy 7 tickets on the floor.D:

Anyways this was seriously and an awesome concert!!!!!!!!!

No way! I was in section 116 row 4 as well. This was my 9th tool show and 2nd time
Seeing ticks and leaches. Hooker was awesome but pushit was the highlight of the night for me.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
kingsblend420
01-17-2012, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expurg8d View Post
I thought Maynard was referring to older people in the crowd moshing during "ticks and leeches" when he asked "a bunch of 50 year olds acting pissed off, what's up with that", especially during a song that where Maynard shows his anger towards the record industry and fans. Is this what you wanted? Cuz this is what you're getting. I hope, I hope, I hope you choke. There were a bunch of 50 year olds up front near where I was acting all pissed off, good call Maynard. I understand why Maynard hates his fans so much, bunch of retards most of the time, myself included. I'm happy to part with my money to be entertained.
He said, "For a vacation I have a better idea: just you know talk trains and drink fizzy drinks, sit by the pool. No. 50 year old dudes trying to act all angry. What the fucks that about?"

At least that's what I can make out from the recording.....
Old 01-17-2012, 10:34 PM   #42
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
I thought Maynard was referring to older people in the crowd moshing during "ticks and leeches" when he asked "a bunch of 50 year olds acting pissed off, what's up with that", especially during a song that where Maynard shows his anger towards the record industry and fans. Is this what you wanted? Cuz this is what you're getting. I hope, I hope, I hope you choke. There were a bunch of 50 year olds up front near where I was acting all pissed off, good call Maynard. I understand why Maynard hates his fans so much, bunch of retards most of the time, myself included. I'm happy to part with my money to be entertained.
He said, "For a vacation I have a better idea: just you know talk trains and drink fizzy drinks, sit by the pool. No. 50 year old dudes trying to act all angry. What the fucks that about?"

At least that's what I can make out from the recording.....
EGG-MAN's Avatar EGG-MAN
01-18-2012, 07:46 AM

Does anyone have a hi-res photo of the poster for Reno? The line was impossibly long by the time I got to the venue.
Old 01-18-2012, 07:46 AM   #43
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 4

Does anyone have a hi-res photo of the poster for Reno? The line was impossibly long by the time I got to the venue.
01-18-2012, 03:26 PM

Quote:
I enjoyed the show, it was a good performance. I liked it a lot more than the last show in Reno. Maynard seemed his usual self, hiding in the background. His vocals were very good and crisp, anyone notice he changed the lyrics to "hooker with a penis" from "dope beastie t" to "slip knot t"? The irony of starting the show with "hooker" was hilarious as the fans sang along with "buy my new record, send more money, fuck you buddy!". The line to get inside the venue was ridiculous. I gave up walking away from the entrance and just walked a 1/2mile back to hang out in front.... I as inside in 5 minutes after security opened a new line (shrug), in my 4rth row seat in 10 min right before the show started at 9pm. Tool played for their usual 1:20, the music was worth it, the visuals made it much more fun. I didn't enjoy the seating with security all over keeping people from smoking up during "the pot" but there were a lot of Reno basement rats running up to the front and causing problems. I think Maynard should've interacted with the crowd more, at least insult us or turn your back on us; but if he isn't feeling it I think his performance stands on its own. Ticks and Leeches was a special treat, not enough to make a $50 t-shirt seem worth it but I will see them again the next time I can.
He did say "slipknot" T
Old 01-18-2012, 03:26 PM   #44
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
I enjoyed the show, it was a good performance. I liked it a lot more than the last show in Reno. Maynard seemed his usual self, hiding in the background. His vocals were very good and crisp, anyone notice he changed the lyrics to "hooker with a penis" from "dope beastie t" to "slip knot t"? The irony of starting the show with "hooker" was hilarious as the fans sang along with "buy my new record, send more money, fuck you buddy!". The line to get inside the venue was ridiculous. I gave up walking away from the entrance and just walked a 1/2mile back to hang out in front.... I as inside in 5 minutes after security opened a new line (shrug), in my 4rth row seat in 10 min right before the show started at 9pm. Tool played for their usual 1:20, the music was worth it, the visuals made it much more fun. I didn't enjoy the seating with security all over keeping people from smoking up during "the pot" but there were a lot of Reno basement rats running up to the front and causing problems. I think Maynard should've interacted with the crowd more, at least insult us or turn your back on us; but if he isn't feeling it I think his performance stands on its own. Ticks and Leeches was a special treat, not enough to make a $50 t-shirt seem worth it but I will see them again the next time I can.
He did say "slipknot" T
Lobster
01-18-2012, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toolfan63 View Post
Holy crap foreal?!!?! I was in the middle haha I had a brace on for my shoulder that I took off as soon as Tool got on stage. Talk about awesomeness! :D
Old 01-18-2012, 03:28 PM   #45
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by toolfan63 View Post
Holy crap foreal?!!?! I was in the middle haha I had a brace on for my shoulder that I took off as soon as Tool got on stage. Talk about awesomeness! :D
toolfan63
01-18-2012, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Haha yea, seat 15. I hope they add some california dates :(
Old 01-18-2012, 05:08 PM   #46
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
Haha yea, seat 15. I hope they add some california dates :(
Mohandas_Rand's Avatar Mohandas_Rand
01-18-2012, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EGG-MAN View Post
http://imgur.com/a/lc4XM
Old 01-18-2012, 08:21 PM   #47
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by EGG-MAN View Post
http://imgur.com/a/lc4XM
01-18-2012, 08:37 PM

This was my second show, first one was @ Bill Graham in SF. The last thing I ever want to do is complain, and Im just saying it like it was for me. My seats were in section 120 "side of stage" Ticketmaster kept giving me the same thing. From my seat I could hardly hear Maynard and could not see the light show at all. Still it was awesome being there. I got more out of watching all the vids on you tube. Im happy to read all the posts of everyones experiences and what a great show it was for others.

Next time will be my time! Nothing less than front row.

Last edited by kx100motochic; 01-18-2012 at 08:43 PM.. Reason: was not done yet
Old 01-18-2012, 08:37 PM   #48
Level 1 - Lurker

This was my second show, first one was @ Bill Graham in SF. The last thing I ever want to do is complain, and Im just saying it like it was for me. My seats were in section 120 "side of stage" Ticketmaster kept giving me the same thing. From my seat I could hardly hear Maynard and could not see the light show at all. Still it was awesome being there. I got more out of watching all the vids on you tube. Im happy to read all the posts of everyones experiences and what a great show it was for others.

Last edited by kx100motochic; 01-18-2012 at 08:43 PM.. Reason: was not done yet
Expurg8d
01-18-2012, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kx100motochic View Post

Next time buy from a reseller, ebay, stubhub, seatgeek ect. That's what I did, it wasn't cheap but I got seats in the 5th row near the center. It was well worth it. If I had the nuts I'd get closer but I'm not flush with $$$$. I'd like to add to your complaint with my complaint that I didn't like the chairs, couldn't really move around and am I expected to sit? It's a Tool show full of visceral music so everyone was standing. I guess the chairs kept me from getting pushed in the back but they felt restrictive. Yes I would pay to see them again, with or without chairs. I've purchased numerous copies of Tool CD's, they get damaged from so much use. I have a whole catalogue of Bill Hicks material, he was a genius. I support Alex Grey, his clothing is in my closet and his prints are framed on my walls. In summation, I'm buying what Tool is selling.

Last edited by Expurg8d; 01-18-2012 at 09:44 PM..
Old 01-18-2012, 09:38 PM   #49
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:

Next time buy from a reseller, ebay, stubhub, seatgeek ect. That's what I did, it wasn't cheap but I got seats in the 5th row near the center. It was well worth it. If I had the nuts I'd get closer but I'm not flush with $$$$. I'd like to add to your complaint with my complaint that I didn't like the chairs, couldn't really move around and am I expected to sit? It's a Tool show full of visceral music so everyone was standing. I guess the chairs kept me from getting pushed in the back but they felt restrictive. Yes I would pay to see them again, with or without chairs. I've purchased numerous copies of Tool CD's, they get damaged from so much use. I have a whole catalogue of Bill Hicks material, he was a genius. I support Alex Grey, his clothing is in my closet and his prints are framed on my walls. In summation, I'm buying what Tool is selling.

Last edited by Expurg8d; 01-18-2012 at 09:44 PM..
swimminginmusic's Avatar swimminginmusic
01-18-2012, 11:11 PM

Quote:
All u have to do is go TO the venue. I spent about 6-8 hrs in line and paid only $60have for second row seats right infront of Danny... but when tickets went on sale i was able to choose my exact sears and avaoid ticketmaster/reseller fees- face value, 2ND row.
[Tucson07] [LasVegas07] [Phoenix09] [Tucson12] [SanDiego14] [SanFrancisco16] [SanDiego16] [TheGorge17] [Chicago18] [Denver19] [Denver19] [Glendale20] [Portland20] [Tacoma22] [Anaheim22] [SaltLakeCity22] [Orlando22] [Chicago22] [London22]
Old 01-18-2012, 11:11 PM   #50
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
All u have to do is go TO the venue. I spent about 6-8 hrs in line and paid only $60have for second row seats right infront of Danny... but when tickets went on sale i was able to choose my exact sears and avaoid ticketmaster/reseller fees- face value, 2ND row.
[Tucson07] [LasVegas07] [Phoenix09] [Tucson12] [SanDiego14] [SanFrancisco16] [SanDiego16] [TheGorge17] [Chicago18] [Denver19] [Denver19] [Glendale20] [Portland20] [Tacoma22] [Anaheim22] [SaltLakeCity22] [Orlando22] [Chicago22] [London22]
Expurg8d
01-18-2012, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimminginmusic View Post
What if you live a plane ride away from the venue? Or a 4 hr drive? I'd rather not make a special trip somewhere to wait in a Russian line for 6hrs to save a few hundred dollars. Hanging around a bunch of Tool fans is difficult enough for a few hours at the concert; I can't imagine waiting 6 hrs in line with them. :)
Old 01-18-2012, 11:37 PM   #51
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
What if you live a plane ride away from the venue? Or a 4 hr drive? I'd rather not make a special trip somewhere to wait in a Russian line for 6hrs to save a few hundred dollars. Hanging around a bunch of Tool fans is difficult enough for a few hours at the concert; I can't imagine waiting 6 hrs in line with them. :)
The Embryo 2's Avatar The Embryo 2
01-19-2012, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Present company excluded...
08/07/93 - 11/20/94 - 11/09/96 - 06/25/97 - 03/29/98 - 08/03/01 -10/9/01 - 10/10/01 - 11/09/02 - 05/08/06 - 11/09/06 - 06/25/07 - 05/29/07 - 6/01/07 - 06/02/07 - 07/22/09 - 08/08/09 - 06/29/10 - 07/12/10 - 07/15/10- 01/14/2012 - 03/12/2014 - 03/13/2014 - 03/16/2014 - 10/22/2015 - 06/21/2017- 10/13/19 - 10/21/19 - 11/24/19 - 01/15/20 - 02/05/22 - 03/03/22

Corex says:
June 12, 2010 at 1:50 am

"Yeah Tool is fucking amazing. But there’s a big chunk of their fan base that think they’ve become thought provoking geniuses just from listening to them."
Old 01-19-2012, 08:41 PM   #52
Level 10 - Vehement

Quote:
Present company excluded...
08/07/93 - 11/20/94 - 11/09/96 - 06/25/97 - 03/29/98 - 08/03/01 -10/9/01 - 10/10/01 - 11/09/02 - 05/08/06 - 11/09/06 - 06/25/07 - 05/29/07 - 6/01/07 - 06/02/07 - 07/22/09 - 08/08/09 - 06/29/10 - 07/12/10 - 07/15/10- 01/14/2012 - 03/12/2014 - 03/13/2014 - 03/16/2014 - 10/22/2015 - 06/21/2017- 10/13/19 - 10/21/19 - 11/24/19 - 01/15/20 - 02/05/22 - 03/03/22

Corex says:
June 12, 2010 at 1:50 am

"Yeah Tool is fucking amazing. But there’s a big chunk of their fan base that think they’ve become thought provoking geniuses just from listening to them."
01-20-2012, 06:04 PM

Damn security was lax here in reno... someone shot a single video of the whole show. just got done watching it on some highly popular viral video site... holy cow.
Old 01-20-2012, 06:04 PM   #53
Level 7 - Loquacious

Damn security was lax here in reno... someone shot a single video of the whole show. just got done watching it on some highly popular viral video site... holy cow.
Lobster
01-20-2012, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Yeah the one thing I didn't like about security was they were taking everyone's lighters. Like stupid, and then they had them in a box at the end of the show, for anyone to take, so my friend got to see Tool, got a shirt, and got a nice Zippo! haha
Old 01-20-2012, 06:57 PM   #54
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Yeah the one thing I didn't like about security was they were taking everyone's lighters. Like stupid, and then they had them in a box at the end of the show, for anyone to take, so my friend got to see Tool, got a shirt, and got a nice Zippo! haha
zen len
01-29-2012, 08:27 PM

Quote:

i was at that SF show - i say bring back the GA and smaller venues ;)
Old 01-29-2012, 08:27 PM   #55
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:

01-30-2012, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zen len View Post
I WOULD LIKE TO SEE THEM DO 2 SHOWS EVERY VENUE. NIGHT 1: GA FLOOR & SETLIST FULL OF T&L, HOOOKER, AENIMA

NIGHT 2: HAVE SEATS, PLAY INTENTION/RIGHT IN TWO, PARABOL/PARABOLA, WINGS...
Old 01-30-2012, 08:47 PM   #56
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by zen len View Post
I WOULD LIKE TO SEE THEM DO 2 SHOWS EVERY VENUE. NIGHT 1: GA FLOOR & SETLIST FULL OF T&L, HOOOKER, AENIMA

NIGHT 2: HAVE SEATS, PLAY INTENTION/RIGHT IN TWO, PARABOL/PARABOLA, WINGS...

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply