opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Live » Concert Reviews: Aug-Oct 2006
User Name
Password
Old 10-08-2006, 09:41 AM   #41
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 94
Re: 2006/10/07 - Uniondale, NY - Nassau Coliseum

I personally think the setlist was fine. I saw Tool @ Radio City Music Hall and I thought the show last night was just as good. The state of our world was obviously quite different a few of years ago, and the setlists reflect that.

I was sitting in 210, row C, seat 3. Smoked a couple of joints. Big props to whoever was in 210 row C seat 7-8, your joint was awesome :).

Anyway, I was not disappointed at all. Can't wait for them to come back in the spring~
OFFLINE |  
Old 10-08-2006, 09:50 AM   #42
Level 13 - Nothing Can Defeat the Quad Laser

Bincount™: 8121

Well the setlist itself was good...but I was expecting a little extra or a change or two since thats what they did at the Coliseum during the Lateralus tour.
Mardock rules.
OFFLINE |  
Old 10-08-2006, 10:01 AM   #43
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0

This show rocked, the drums in 46 & 2 was amazing, ive been to see other bands such as metallica and they dont even compare to the level of drumming. The show overall rocked, cant wait for spring. Hopefully in the syracuse area. This was my first tool show, was worth the 600 miles round trip and the $6.50 beers. Cant wait for the spring! As for them playing older stuff, i really liked the pot and wings was amazing, jambi is a great live song, but i would have love to hear H., Four Degrees, Undertow, sober, and parabol/parabola. Show rocked, sec 207, great sound. Isis was great also, does anone know the name to the second song?
Old 10-08-2006, 10:07 AM   #44
Level 3 - Talker

By the way latralus and 46 & 2 blew me out of my seat
Old 10-08-2006, 10:11 AM   #45
Level 2 - Poster

I would love to hear some old songs too, but The Pot and especially the version of Schism were great. They changed the speed of Schism and came back to the original recorded version flawlessly.
OFFLINE |  
Old 10-08-2006, 10:14 AM   #46
Level 2 - Poster

The drum solo on 46 and 2 was mind blowing. This is my 3rd show this year, 10th overall and last nights show may have been the best. They are all different and special in their own way, but I turned around to my brother after Danny fininshed that drum solo- that was memorable!
OFFLINE |  
Old 10-08-2006, 10:18 AM   #47
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumtool View Post
This show rocked, the drums in 46 & 2 was amazing, ive been to see other bands such as metallica and they dont even compare to the level of drumming. The show overall rocked, cant wait for spring. Hopefully in the syracuse area. This was my first tool show, was worth the 600 miles round trip and the $6.50 beers. Cant wait for the spring! As for them playing older stuff, i really liked the pot and wings was amazing, jambi is a great live song, but i would have love to hear H., Four Degrees, Undertow, sober, and parabol/parabola. Show rocked, sec 207, great sound. Isis was great also, does anone know the name to the second song?
It's Dulcinea, track 3 off the new album called In The Abscence Of Truth. Do you know the name of the third song cause I can't remember what it was.

Last edited by morbyuz; 10-08-2006 at 10:35 AM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 10-08-2006, 10:22 AM   #48
Level 2 - Poster

I saw the show at the Meadowlands and was dissapointed with the stage setup and the lack of imagery i'm used to seeing at Tool shows, i.e. video clips directly behind the band or at least on a much larger screen somewhere in the arena.

However, it took i'd say 4 songs before it all came together. Did you see the stage floor? They were on a moving and breathing canvas. Very interesting.
At first I turned to the guy next to me to say how dissapointing the visuals were, only to take it back after I saw what the band was trying to do- never underestimate this band!!
OFFLINE |  
Old 10-08-2006, 11:25 AM   #49
Level 1 - Lurker

Some of you guys have me wondering if you were at the same show as I was. You've all obviously been on the forums, so you knew mostly what to expect. If you didn't want to see the damn show, why didn't you give your tickets to someone who would have been more grateful to be in your damn seats?

My friends and I had the first four tickets printed for this show; we started the line at the coliseum at 3 am the day they went on sale. Section B1, Row 1, seats 1-4. We've been looking forward to this show since that day, and we weren't let down. I was in seat 4, and still have the wristband on my arm to prove it (they gave us front-rowers wristbands so random idiots couldn't steal our seats). I was wearing a white tee with a purple octopus giving the finger 8 times on it, in case any of you saw me.

Before Tool came on, Adam's(?) wife walked by with her camera and smiled at us. I saw her quite a few times during the show taking pictures of the guys. Maynard was even fucking around with her while she was behind the amps on stage while he wasn't singing. She's cute as hell (especially with those pigtails :-)

Speaking of MJK, he was very much into it last night. I don't know if it was just my unobstructed view of what was going on, but I never saw the smile leave his face while he was up there. He even whipped one of the stage crew when they came up on stage during the performance, with his (probably sweat soaked) tee-shirt. Other than you few ungrateful bastards that post here about how the show "sucked," I'm pretty sure the crowd last night gave him all that he could ask for and more.

I, for one, know I'll try to be first in line again when the tickets go on sale for the Spring tour. Tool's music touches me on such a deep level, and I wouldn't miss it for the world.

edit: I was also the guy yelling at the people on line for tee-shirts after the show, calling them all tools. My friend Jess added: "Pun intended!"

Last edited by thnkwhatyouthnk; 10-08-2006 at 12:03 PM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 10-08-2006, 11:44 AM   #50
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by viti View Post
it seems as though if you saw the lateralus tour, this show wasnt good cause it didnt meet expectations...

however i didnt go to the lateralus tour cause i was like 13 so this show in my opinion was the best show i have ever seen...and ive seen alot of shows.

this was better than continental the night before cause the crowd around me was so cool and even though there were some mistakes in the songs, the music is still amazing

i was c1, row 17

wish they would play some of their older stuff but i really cant complain...show was amazing and i wish the spring would come already
I was in C1 Row 17 too!! What seats did you have? Me and my friend had 1 and 2. Most of the time I had a good view - I kept switching between MJK, Adam, Danny, and Justin. Maynard was definitely into it last night. He was smiling and gyrtaing all night.
OFFLINE |  
Old 10-08-2006, 12:35 PM   #51
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by QFirecracker View Post
I was in C1 Row 17 too!! What seats did you have? Me and my friend had 1 and 2. Most of the time I had a good view - I kept switching between MJK, Adam, Danny, and Justin. Maynard was definitely into it last night. He was smiling and gyrtaing all night.
i was seats 7-8...next to me were too older dudes who seemed really into the show...on the otherside of me were a couple who didnt seam into the show at all but they left before the encore

i was the kid the 10kdays shirt with alex greys bright paiting on it and iwas bugging out the whole show
Old 10-08-2006, 12:43 PM   #52
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbyuz View Post
Dude I was at the Radio City show and to be honest I agree it was a better show and you know why? There were MORE visuals and MORE shit going on around the band. Tools shows have always been and will always be about the music but Tool is a band that loves art and are trying to expand your horizons by giving you a full on spectacle and a wonderful presentation. If they fell short this time it's because they're not afraid to try something new and different. If it doesn't work they'll change it and be better the next time around. Don't say you don't want to see shit on stage because that would just be lame.

If you really can't enjoy the experience alter your conscious.
I disagree wholeheartedly. The video screens on the Lateralus Tour were not a huge stage, they were two screens that on either side of the band and they didn't take my focus off the music. There was in no way more shit going on on the stage than this show. And Lasers? I don't see any artistic expression in Lasers, nor a screen-stage that was so dizzying I wound up watching the hockey scoreboard screen half the show...I see all that as Tool giving up on their plight to expand people's mind purely through art and music, thus making the show a spectacle.

and to alter my conscious at that show? If I was drunk I would have gotten so dizzy I would have spewed all over the couple in front of me. If I was tripping I may have taken a nose dive off of the 300 section to put myself out of my misery that would have been caused by too much light stimulation. Tool, IMO, is a band to see sober and even still I think I have epilepsy (sp?).

Tool still rocks though, bottom line is that I'm complaining about an experience that I still believe everyone should have.
OFFLINE |  
Old 10-08-2006, 01:22 PM   #53
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1

what was the name of ISIS's first and last song? Anyone know? they had a great set.
"squeegeeing my third glass eye"
OFFLINE |  
Old 10-08-2006, 01:43 PM   #54
Banned.

Bincount™: 360

For those wondering, the third song Isis played was Backlit; track 2 from Panopticon.
OFFLINE |  
Old 10-08-2006, 01:59 PM   #55
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by myendistheroad View Post
I disagree wholeheartedly. The video screens on the Lateralus Tour were not a huge stage, they were two screens that on either side of the band and they didn't take my focus off the music. There was in no way more shit going on on the stage than this show. And Lasers? I don't see any artistic expression in Lasers, nor a screen-stage that was so dizzying I wound up watching the hockey scoreboard screen half the show...I see all that as Tool giving up on their plight to expand people's mind purely through art and music, thus making the show a spectacle.

and to alter my conscious at that show? If I was drunk I would have gotten so dizzy I would have spewed all over the couple in front of me. If I was tripping I may have taken a nose dive off of the 300 section to put myself out of my misery that would have been caused by too much light stimulation. Tool, IMO, is a band to see sober and even still I think I have epilepsy (sp?).

Tool still rocks though, bottom line is that I'm complaining about an experience that I still believe everyone should have.

Valid points. But what about the backdrop they used all the artwork hanging from the ceiling the two orbs that poped up on either side in the middle of the set. There was way more going on there but it was spread out across a bigger distance. I suppose all of that shit going on right on top of one another at this show could make you kind bug eyed.

Either way, I agree with you though even a bad tool show is a FUCKING TOOL SHOW!
OFFLINE |  
Old 10-08-2006, 02:00 PM   #56
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phorty View Post
what was the name of ISIS's first and last song? Anyone know? they had a great set.
Hey man I've got their setlist posted on the first page.
OFFLINE |  
Old 10-08-2006, 02:03 PM   #57
Level 4 - Thinker

it was a fucking awesome show! My first tool show too, being in row 8 was amazing. I can't wait till tool come to australia next year!
OFFLINE |  
Old 10-08-2006, 02:45 PM   #58
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 94

The Coliseum was pretty baked out!

Did anyone see a drunk guy in a leather jacket get put on a stretcher during the intermission between Tool and ISIS? Haha.
OFFLINE |  
Old 10-08-2006, 03:04 PM   #59

Bincount™: 53

i was at the mansfield show last week.... and the show last night was so much better, everything about it was great.

of course i was a little dissapointed about the setlist being exactly the same.. but this time we had the BEST view. our tickets were for section 214 or something around there, but after the Isis set, we went up to the highest level, directly across from the stage. AMAZING VIEW!!! watching Wings for Marie/10K Days from up there was great!

there were quite a few people that ventured up there that weren't assigned to those seats. lucky for us, that section had ALOT of empty seats and we got an incredible view. (anyone else here that was up there too?)

i've seen them 3 times this year, last nights show, mansfield, and the orpheum in boston in may. the orpheum was the best, but this was a very close second.

lateralus live = incredible
OFFLINE |  
Old 10-08-2006, 05:11 PM   #60
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 8

Alrighty then, i pull up into Nassau after getting some KFC. Look around and there's a bunch of tailgaters haha. I knew some of them was you guys from TDN but the excitment of seeing Tool lured me away from joining in. I parked in the lot by the entrance. Saw some guys making smoke with their grill. Then a guy pulls up with Nirvana blasting. So that drove me away from the parking lot lol.

Anyways, i make my way in and soon discover there are a lot of metal heads there lol. Wierd people with wierd clothing is all i'm gonna say. Then i look to my right and see WAY over priced merchandise. No surpise there but i got a surpise at people buying it lol. I'm thankful i got a 10k tour t-shirt for 10$ outside.

Ok so i make my way into the actual coliseum and got seated right when IsIs was playing. They were okay, not a big fan though. Just kept me entertained for the short 30mins.

During the intermission of IsIs-Tool i see this kid with...pink pants with like a tight pink shirt on the floor. what was with that lol that's like asking for an ass whooping or crave for attention.

Anyways, Tool finally comes on stage and everyone goes nuts. Maynard then stating "Jersey was louder" which made me chuckle. Let's get into the songs.

Stinkfist was great! i never heard the extended verison. It was really cool though. Superb opening. Like all the songs they played, it sounded as good an album!

The Pot was pretty good. Sounded just like the album. Maynard paused in the beginning, i guess for thr audience to sing along? Not sure lol

Forty Six & 2 was done very well.

Jambi was AWESOME! They nailed everything!

Schism was even AWESOMER!! lol The drum solo in the middle? Holy fucking shit. That was intense!

Lost Keys+Rosetta Stoned was okay. I mean the beginning i couldnt hear him. but everything else was superb. The ending was done nicely.

Wings For Marie+10,000 Days was the best for the 10k album IMO. The laser show was fucking awesome. If you were on LSD, i think you'd shit your pants. But i loved when at the end of the song, they took a break and sat down with each other and EVERY NEW YORKER held their lighter up. We had such a great audience. Kinda made me want to cry for Tool because of the emotions they have for the song.

Lateralus was my favorite. It's my favorite song and they did it better than the album! I liked when Adam ended it too early and maynard looked over and was like WTF?! haha. But all the rest was fucking great.

Vicarious was sweet. I knew they weren't done yet!

Was it over? HELL NO! Aenima comes blasting in and it sounded fucking amazing. what a great closing. But then we saw Adam take his guitar off at the end so we all knew to rush the fuck out lol

So after the show, we're waiting in traffic and just say fuck it and go over the curb to the exit haha if you saw the green Ford hop over it and hear a bang. that was me :P

i must say we had a great audience. Thanks to all the people!

Last edited by Chronicle0; 10-08-2006 at 05:51 PM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 10-08-2006, 05:41 PM   #61
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by viti View Post
i was seats 7-8...next to me were too older dudes who seemed really into the show...on the otherside of me were a couple who didnt seam into the show at all but they left before the encore

i was the kid the 10kdays shirt with alex greys bright paiting on it and iwas bugging out the whole show
Hah I think I vaguely remember you. The old guys were the ones caught for smoking, weren't they? I also thought they were kinda short so floor seats must've sucked for them.
OFFLINE |  
Old 10-08-2006, 05:52 PM   #62
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_slick View Post
TOOL FUCKING ROCKS !!!!

I flew in from Dominican republic....worth my sacrifice !!!!

340us Plane ticket, 70us Concert TICKET, 70us Hoddy( I know !! fucking expensive!! ), 35us cap, Watching TOOL for the first time, pirce less, for everything else WEED LOL..
P.S. Thanx for the hit of weed from the guy on my right...but I dont smoke :)

Seccion 115 , Row J , Seat 15

Dude did the guy have a bandana on? haha i mightve been the guy next to him. That was actually my step dad heh.
OFFLINE |  
Old 10-08-2006, 05:58 PM   #63
Level 1 - Lurker

Where I was Section 102X, my row and the row ahead of us were going Nuts...The Intensity of the band was awesome.
Maynard's Voice was great and the band were tight....
Danny's drumming freaking Rule that night.
I liked what everyone did with the candles...Forgot during what song...but I know it was one of the new ones...

After the show this guy came up to us outside and was.....Ladies I saw you all night, you guys have to Relax a little...and starting laughing....
OHHH k!....I was thinking...what do you do in a concert stand still like a zombie?!? there were lots of people doing that around me...which it sucks... You'll be like WTF..why bother coming.... We were dancing, singing and putting our arms up....something you do when the moment is right and ofcourse not to bother other people. Some people are so lame when it comes to concerts...We were not drunk or high... We were enjoying Tool simple as that.

Maynard was making us laugh with the condom remark...and making us scream for more Tool...I guess maybe we weren't loud enough as the NJ show. Everyone went crazy when hearing AENEMA. The band left me wanting more...

Met a guy Austin ( I think that's his name), he was with his cousin and friends I think...Cool cat...He was rocking to every Tool song that night.

To start off the show with STINKFIST...and end it with AENEMA and in all the show have those projectors and videos and lights and sound effects were off the hook. I wished i had gone to see them for the NJ concerts ...Oh well until next spring Maynard.lol...

Thanks for posting the setlist...That's what I had but wanted to make sure since the excitement had me blocking everything that happened last night.

...Security sucks....what's up with you can't bring a camera...Bastids...lol

Well I've read so far your reviews and it def. seems like we all enjoyed the show.

:)
OFFLINE |  
Old 10-08-2006, 05:59 PM   #64
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by QFirecracker View Post
Hah I think I vaguely remember you. The old guys were the ones caught for smoking, weren't they? I also thought they were kinda short so floor seats must've sucked for them.
lol yes that was them...they got yellled at for smoking cigarrettes when everyone around them was smoking pot.
Old 10-08-2006, 07:17 PM   #65
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 25

I decided to give my first full review after seeing the last show from the 3 that I saw (Camden, Continental, and Nassau)...In Camden I had third row, Continental I had second row, and in Nassau I was in the 300's...I can honestly say that I enjoyed each show just as much as the others...It was great seeing the show from up close and from far away, because it was two completely different experiences and I feel it is essential for everyone to try and experience both

To top it off, I was able to see the concert with my sister and my dad (twice)...Just being able to share these amazing experiences with them after we've had some rough times in the past made this tour truly magical and the best I've experienced...The two things that will forever stick in my mind is seeing my sister's eyes light up when they came on stage in Continental and kicked off with Stinkfist and then seeing the excitement on the face of my dad that resembled a little kid when I told him my friend couldn't make it to the Nassau show and I needed him to take his place

A lot has been said about the band selling out and opting for a bigger production, but this tour was so tastefully done...They kept their integrity and we all have to realize that they can't be playing 'underground' type shows forever...The lasers and visuals were the best I've seen and I'm thankful I was able to see them from high up, because you do miss a lot on the floor (though there's something to be said when you're second row and Maynard is staring right at you)...Musicwise, we all know how incredibly talented they all are...People complain about the setlist, and sure, I would like to hear some of my favorites as well, but the setlist they used was perfect...I was very content seeing it 3 times

Concerning the Nassau show: This show had a special feeling to it...There was something in the air...I really thought they were gonna do an extra song...I've never seen Maynard so happy, he even came down from his platform and towards the crowd at the end of the show (gave someone his windbreaker too)...Nassau was incredibly loud, though Continental was louder (Maynard was right)...Other than the ridiculously long bathroom line and the rather strange people that went to the show, it was an amazing experience

Favorite moments: Opening with Stinkfist, Wings/10 K Days (in the indoor venues), extended version of Schism, all the Maynardisms (especially when he talked about pissing in our mouths in Camden), Maynard's antics during LK/RS, Jambi bull ride, the show stopping Aenema, but by far my favorite was right after their break on stage hearing the pounding drums seeing the lights being hoisted up and then the stage EXPLODING while Lateralus came on...Absolutely incredible and I felt all my hairs standing on end

I can't wait to see you all at the 3-4 shows I'm planning on going to in the Spring...Until then, spiral out!
OFFLINE |  
Old 10-08-2006, 08:11 PM   #66

Bincount™: 15

holy fuckin shit holy fuckin shit holy fuckin shit
stinkfist jam, amazing. Schism and 46&2 AND Vicarious intros, amazing. Visuals, amazing. Lateralus, amazing. Jambi, amazing. The Pot, amazing (who was soloing on it though? Sounded like a guitar, but Adam was playing something else.) Drum EQ and mixing? I've never heard anything like it. They sounded beefier than I could have ever dreamed. The green visuals climbing the stage, amazing. Justin sitting down for 10,000 Days, amazing. The guy whose face runs away from his skull reprise from the last tour, amazing. Maynard's hat, amazing. The entire venue holding up lighters, amazing. Only one band member holding a lighter back, glass half empty, but still amazing. The end of the Schism video linking up with the concert, amazing. A bootleg shirt vendor somehow getting his merch into the colliseum and selling at gate 20 before anyone could even see the actual merch stands, amazing. I wanna do it all over again. When's the next album?
OFFLINE |  
Old 10-08-2006, 08:48 PM   #67
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aenima7988 View Post
holy fuckin shit holy fuckin shit holy fuckin shit
stinkfist jam, amazing. Schism and 46&2 AND Vicarious intros, amazing. Visuals, amazing. Lateralus, amazing. Jambi, amazing. The Pot, amazing (who was soloing on it though? Sounded like a guitar, but Adam was playing something else.) Drum EQ and mixing? I've never heard anything like it. They sounded beefier than I could have ever dreamed. The green visuals climbing the stage, amazing. Justin sitting down for 10,000 Days, amazing. The guy whose face runs away from his skull reprise from the last tour, amazing. Maynard's hat, amazing. The entire venue holding up lighters, amazing. Only one band member holding a lighter back, glass half empty, but still amazing. The end of the Schism video linking up with the concert, amazing. A bootleg shirt vendor somehow getting his merch into the colliseum and selling at gate 20 before anyone could even see the actual merch stands, amazing. I wanna do it all over again. When's the next album?

that was justin on the solo, i dont know what u know about the gear that justin uses, but his bass is a WAL, and its electronics are like no other, if u noticed justin was fiddeling with a knob during the begining of the solo? well that knob adjusts frequencys musch like a wah wah pedal does. but it shifts throug a much wider range of frequencys. and then half way throug, he started fiddeling with an actual expression pedal of sorts. theres a discussion or two about that solo on tooltabs.net

edit:

about that knob fiddeling, if u hear the wah sound in the begining of the patient, thats justin also. its the same thing, he plays the entire line with hammer ons, and turns the knob.

if u notice in schism, he does something similer, but he turns the volume knob up instead, as well as pushes down on his whammy.

im a bass player so iv studied him a lot lol

Last edited by beyondhairy; 10-08-2006 at 08:51 PM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 10-09-2006, 06:52 AM   #68
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by plymoynihan View Post
I would love to hear some old songs too, but The Pot and especially the version of Schism were great. They changed the speed of Schism and came back to the original recorded version flawlessly.

Tool are masters of the time signature indeed. lol :P
OFFLINE |  
Old 10-09-2006, 06:59 AM   #69
Level 1 - Lurker

I was at the show and it was AMAZING!. i was sitting at the railing in section 314 top level seating so i got a perfect view of the whole show. i can now die happy. haha but im extremely pleased with the show, i too thought that they could have played a little longer or put some more songs on for the last american show. and at the end they played aenema and then vicariously. but all together extremely satisfied. later
OFFLINE |  
Old 10-09-2006, 08:10 AM   #70
Level 2 - Poster

After having attended (4) shows in 2006 I must invite you to the following summary of my time spent with our four friends:

Tower Theater Philadelphia PA - May 17th 2006:

In much anticipation to the return of TOOL since August 2002 (Sovereign Bank Arena/Trenton NJ) this show was a long time coming. I scored a 5th row left center stage ticket from Gus at Ticketmaster (thanks Gus). The Tower Theater offers intimacy and a personal performance that the Tweeter Center, Wachovia Arena or Nassau Coliseum can't touch. This show was exactly what I expected, but a whole lot different than the good old days. I'm not used to actually seeing Maynard (blue man/woman). The set list was previously listed back in May. I thought the set list was great in support of the release of 10,000 days. Jambi live is so powerful only hearing it for yourself will give you an idea of what I mean. The show was simply divine and I am grateful for having been a part of this experience. Any true fan would not have missed this show at any expense! Allow me to give a big fuck you to our local rock station 93.3 WMMR. Specifically Preston and Steve for coming up with the most lame way to give out 1st row tickets to this show. The contest was to name the biggest "TOOL" of the year which pretty much guaranteed this once in a lifetime ticket to go to someone who has no appreciation of this band. What the fuck are you thinking Preston and Steve? How about band trivia or song noodles or anything related to "TOOL" you dumb fucking retards? Preston and Steve must DIE!

Tweeter Center Camden NJ -September 28th 2006:

First and foremost the Tweeter Center in Camden New Jersey is a shit hole!
It always has been and always will be. It sucks period! Don't let anyone tell you different.

I purchased Section 203 Row E Seats 5-6 from Ticketmaster but was not happy with this location. Knowing I could easly unload these seats, I contacted my Top Secret ticket connection for the Tweeter Center and purchased Section 102 Row D Seats 15-16 (yes - 4th row center stage). I love these seats! Not having gone to the Wilkes Barre, PA show or Nassau Coliseum, NY show yet I thougth this show was good but did not compare to the Philly show on 5/17. Other than my killer seats the show was just ok at no fault to TOOL. The band performed well and sounded well. The set list was previously listed. The fact is Camden sucks. The city, the venue, the acoustics, the murder capital of the world all suck. The so called fans had no passion. NO PASSION! It was bad, really bad. Camden sucks and to top it off this is my "home town" venue. Just 15 miles from home. Hope you had fun Courtney!

Wilkes-Barre PA - October 2nd 2006:

What a fuckin show! No that's what I'm talking about. PASSION, PASSION, and more PASSION. Here is the place to find some real TOOL fans (are you with me Camden?). Good job you mountain dwelling people! I got myself totally juiced up on Captain Morgan and Coke's with a bunch of lime and found myself indulged in some other natural herbal pleasures. I scored another great seat from Ticketmaster Section 103 Row G Seat 8. This seat was actually closer than the 4th row at Camden (no Pit). This show was the BEST (so far)! The band, the fans, the venue, the full moon..........fuck yes! Jambi and Rosetta Stoned live is better than pussy. What more do I need to say? Wings Part II - extra ordinary!
I love this place. The Wachovia Arena rules! The set list was the same as previous nights. This show truly kicked my ass! Thanks TOOL. Thanks Wilkes Barre.

Nassau Coliseum NY - October 7th 2006:

First and foremost Fuck the Giants, Fuck the Devils, and Fuck the Rangers too!
Secondly - MJK quote "see you in the spring"! They'll be back!!!

Another compelling performance just like the Wilkes Barre show. These New Yorkers know how to rock! Every single person in this Coliseum had their hands in the air and were singing the songs. PASSION! I loved every minute of it. The band too were on a higher level than any other show. This was the last show in the USA for 2006 and I was there! First time in the Coliseum and won't be my last. The venue's acoustics were excellent just located 34 rows from stage. I was on the floor in Section C1 Row 34. Thanks TOOL and Thanks to N.Y. for a great night! Hope you had fun Chipper!

Thanks TDN!

Bye for now my friends! See you in Spring/2007!
OFFLINE |  
Old 10-09-2006, 08:24 AM   #71
Level 1 - Lurker

This was my first Tool concert. A friend visiting me dragged me to it. I had no idea what to except and it was TOTALLY wild. I didn't know that rhythm and lights could do all those crazy and phenomenal tricks. Definitely an experience I'd like to have again. And next time, I'm gonna know the songs.

The best part was that this really awesome guy named Dennis yelled at the asshole who was groping my ass during the concert. Dennis wanted to take me out after, but I said no since I was with a friend. And of course, I neglected to get his number. So Dennis, if you read this, shoot me an email at [email protected].

Now I'm gonna go try to figure out some time signatures in Tool songs.
OFFLINE |  
Old 10-09-2006, 09:49 AM   #72
Level 1 - Lurker

$20 dollars? I got my shirt for $10
OFFLINE |  
Old 10-09-2006, 01:05 PM   #73
frat boy extraordinaire

Bincount™: 6242

Is it just me, or did they play like two minutes off an Undertow song?
OFFLINE |  
Old 10-09-2006, 01:07 PM   #74
frat boy extraordinaire

Bincount™: 6242

Quote:
Originally Posted by fibonacci View Post

Did anyone see a drunk guy in a leather jacket get put on a stretcher during the intermission between Tool and ISIS? Haha.

Yeah it was all smoke, I think the people I was with went through a quarter during the show alone.
OFFLINE |  
Old 10-09-2006, 02:44 PM   #75
Level 1 - Lurker

i've been to past tool shows and am disappointed. i'm not going to another tool show. i can sit at home and listen to the cds and save a helluva lot of money between tickets, gas and parking. i'm glad i didn't go the jersey show cuz i'd be pissed going over the bridges. tool is losing their touch and may not stick around much longer. the setlist was short and i wanted to hear old stuff, i don't like the new cd. plus i think maynard is a male stripper on the side, that was the only good part. danny kicks ass on the drums as usual. hopefully the spring tour will be better but who knows cuz i'm not going
OFFLINE |  
Old 10-09-2006, 11:03 PM   #76
lacks satan

Bincount™: 5222

Quote:
Originally Posted by fibonacci View Post

if your talking about the guy that was collapsed and drooling neer the doors. yes i saw him and that guy was the most fucked up i've seen anyone in a long time,
Old 10-10-2006, 10:27 AM   #77
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbyuz View Post
It's Dulcinea, track 3 off the new album called In The Abscence Of Truth. Do you know the name of the third song cause I can't remember what it was.
The name of the third song was backlit...thanks man
Old 10-10-2006, 10:59 AM   #78
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by champion View Post
Also, Isis was good, but because of their layered sound, a giant arena doesn't work well for them. Their music is pretty energetic, and they're better in a smaller venue.
The lead singer from isis was as energetic as their music. It appeared he was trying to preform a verticle worm... Very good setlist, def worth showing up for, for everyone who missed it, shoud have spent less time dicking about in the bushes of the parking lot
Old 10-10-2006, 11:55 AM   #79
Level 2 - Poster

OK. Had a few days recovery. My brain has dripped back into the pan..

Was it just me or am I the only one that thought the sound stunk? I mean, the rest of the show aside, which was professional grade Tool all the way, the one thing that bugged me the whole time was the overall muddiness of the mix, no clarity of the drums, clear yet overdriven vocals, and a persistant crackle in the stage left (audiience right) stack. I was just 4 rows off from the floor in the stage left corner, so placement wise I should've heard a great mix. I had a hard time ignoring the problem, even with the sincere drug regimen I was perscribed for the show.

That wingeing and complaining being said (glad I got that off my chest!!), it was great to finally hear The Pot live. I felt a little cheated having seen them twice in NYC last May and they didn't play it at either show. Also, nice to hear Wings/10,000 Days live. The theatricality/drama of the songs lend themselves nicely to the live environs.
OFFLINE |  
Old 10-10-2006, 11:56 AM   #80
Level 3 - Talker

my only complaint was security and there flashlights during isis....old ass men shineing lights everywhere

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: