opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Live » Concert Reviews: Aug-Oct 2006
User Name
Password
Old 09-27-2006, 11:18 AM   #161
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/09/23 - Toronto, ON - Molson Amphitheatre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mook8 View Post
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

It didn't sell out that fast...

I know people who got tickets DAYS after they went on sale. The problem is scalpers and you hookers who stay up all night configuring your computers to get the maximum number of tickets allowed the fastest way possible.

Plus the additional $15 service fees per ticket makes me feel even worse.
Oh but it did... 5 mins. tops... I was there...the tickets people got days afterward were released later on. In fact people kept getting tickets at (seemingly) random times right up to the show. I know a guy who got a 200 level single on friday afternoon from TM.
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-27-2006, 12:02 PM   #162
Level 1 - Lurker

THE FLOOR was a great place to watch the show. I know I missed a lot of the visuals but it made me appreciate the band a hell of a lot more. The stage being lit up made the members appear much taller and more noticeable - almost like looking at a great statue. I was about 20 feet from Adam's side of the stage and the sound was great!!!!

I can't believe how much room we had on the floor and everyone around us was right cool and considerate. I think I zoned out into another dimension during Lateralus, and that GONG.....WOW!!! Loved Vicarious and well everything.

From the floor it looked like Adam was in a web of lasers near the end, somewhat of a forcefield, but I guess everyone saw that......theres an awesome pic on the TOOL site, similar to what I just mentioned.

Highlight was simply watching my mentor, my inspiration, my fukin idol, whale on the guit for two hours......I can just about play any TOOL song on the guit and it was unreal to see it live.........I'd love to jam some TOOL....anyone from Ottawa?

Oh ya, and I have 10,000 times more appreciation for what Justin accomplishes on the bass. TOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-27-2006, 03:27 PM   #163
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treydardon View Post
Oh ya, and I have 10,000 times more appreciation for what Justin accomplishes on the bass.
I agree. Seeing him groove live makes me appreciate his skills a lot more than I originally did.
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-27-2006, 04:51 PM   #164
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Sith Park View Post
Did anybody hear/notice (5/10 min. bfor the boyz took the stage) justin's white lab-coated bass tech come out and (clearly/loudly) played the first couple of notes (undistorted) of h. (as a final sound check)
I was there pretty early, around 5pm, and they played Stinkfist during the sound check, and then h. ............ I was in the beer tent next to the Molson Amp, you could hear Maynard sing the first few verses of Stinkfist very clear.... then they started on h. but only a few riffs..... this was 3-4 hours before they took the stage. I would have loved to hear some older tunes, but I already knew the setlist and as a matter of fact I had the setlist with me from previous shows, the people in sec.201 loved it when they knew what song was coming up next :) ....
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-27-2006, 05:05 PM   #165
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maken View Post
Oh but it did... 5 mins. tops... I was there...the tickets people got days afterward were released later on. In fact people kept getting tickets at (seemingly) random times right up to the show. I know a guy who got a 200 level single on friday afternoon from TM.
Sorry but that's not true. I had planned to go camping that July weekend for over a month and I found out a week or two before that they were selling tickets on a day I'd be sleeping in a tent miles away from power and with no laptop! I wrote down the ticketmaster number but it didn't work so I called my sister from my cell at 10:15am or so and she went online and bought me two lawn tickets. It was at least 10:20am when I finally knew I had them for sure.

About the actual concert, first one for me and it was awesome. I snuck up to 400 level from the lawns and got a pretty good seat (luckily the owner never showed up). Did anyone notice in Stinkfist they extended it? I haven't read anyone post that yet....but I remember a guy next to me was singing along and started belting out "I'll...keep....digging..." and he kept going even though it was clear Maynard wasn't singing that part yet. they jammed for a bit more then finished off the song.

great show if they come back into town again I'll be going for sure. Next time I'm hoping for a very different setlist with some older tracks rather than mostly new ones. I'm praying for pushit.
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-27-2006, 05:36 PM   #166
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtz View Post
I called my sister from my cell at 10:15am or so and she went online and bought me two lawn tickets. It was at least 10:20am when I finally knew I had them for sure.
You're right, tickets were still available for LAWNS til 10:20am or so.....
I got into TM at around 10:01 and best I had was sec.305.....

When people say it sold out in 5min or so, well for seating it pretty much did....
at 10:01 there were no floors, no 200's, and few 300's.... by 10:05 or so was just 400's or lawns.....

at least that's what I found....
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-27-2006, 06:23 PM   #167
Level 1 - Lurker

Did Anyone here get to see the stage projections ? they looked fucking unreal another first i think tool always impresses

me and my buddy had 300 level up until maybe tuesday then he got 2 floor tickets of ticket master bid fucking unreal 500$on e bay 105$ on ticket master ha ha ha
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-27-2006, 09:03 PM   #168
Level 7 - Loquacious

BoNeSaW - I'm not referring to their actual sound-check (wasn't there then), this was after they had the Isis gear off of the stage and were ready to go w/ TOOL ... several minutes bfor they took the stage (just bfor 9pm), the Bass tech (insert name here) played the opening 3 notes of h. (w/o distortion) kind of freaked me out (in a good way)
was like an old friend - it was, Antcrusher knows of what I'm talkin'

Only the 3rd note wasn't held as long (as on their studio recording) that's all I needed
Reminds me of 'Name that tune' (in a certain amount of notes)

No matter -- It's all good

Treydardon - The top 2 thingz that really stood out 2 me were 1) How much clearer MJK's voice was compared to the H-Brd gig (even though it seems 2 b in a lower register - he is 41 now)
and 2) the clarity of Justin's bass sound (when he uses his wah effect - It reminds me of Cliff Burton - R.I.P, and that is top-shelf

EssnayRepXTamEt - I agree, but only w/ Danny (I'm drawn to the percussive science)
You can have one form of respect when hearing their recordings, but to c him/them live gives u a whole new dimension of understanding and respect

"There's ppl who defend your borders, There's ppl who work on your plumbing, but the ppl who make your life worth living are the ppl who celebrate the freedom 2 b able 2 express yourself and have enjoyment of song and dance" - MJK
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-28-2006, 07:18 AM   #169
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treydardon View Post
THE FLOOR was a great place to watch the show. I know I missed a lot of the visuals but it made me appreciate the band a hell of a lot more. The stage being lit up made the members appear much taller and more noticeable - almost like looking at a great statue. I was about 20 feet from Adam's side of the stage and the sound was great!!!!

I can't believe how much room we had on the floor and everyone around us was right cool and considerate. I think I zoned out into another dimension during Lateralus, and that GONG.....WOW!!! Loved Vicarious and well everything.

From the floor it looked like Adam was in a web of lasers near the end, somewhat of a forcefield, but I guess everyone saw that......theres an awesome pic on the TOOL site, similar to what I just mentioned.

Highlight was simply watching my mentor, my inspiration, my fukin idol, whale on the guit for two hours......I can just about play any TOOL song on the guit and it was unreal to see it live.........I'd love to jam some TOOL....anyone from Ottawa?

Oh ya, and I have 10,000 times more appreciation for what Justin accomplishes on the bass. TOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!
My first Tool concert, and I can't say enough about what an amazing time it was. Worth the long wait to see them live. I play bass and justin is an inspiration to all the riffs i make, i loved the setlist, many memorable moments. Treydardon, im from ottawa too, know many tool songs. amazzzing concert!
Old 09-29-2006, 05:37 AM   #170
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antcrusher View Post
I heard "H", sith. For sure.

Hey, Ant...did you give us a review? How did it compare to the show in Detroit? How mental did your hubby go when he found out you were Toronto bound? Etc., etc!
Old 09-29-2006, 08:07 AM   #171
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Sith Park View Post
You can have one form of respect when hearing their recordings, but to c him/them live gives u a whole new dimension of understanding and respect
So true.

In my honest opinion, I think Tool is totally a 'live band.' When I was listening to some of the songs, all I could think was: "THIS is how the song is supposed to sound. This is how the guys intended the songs to sound." Tool is incredible, but CD's don't do these guys justice. I think they're so much better live.

One particular instance is Jambi. I saw it live at the Hummingbird Center, and it was alright, not what I expected at all. But then I saw it at the Molson, and I must say, this song is truely amazing. In my opinion, it sounded SO much better live than it does on the CD. Especailly the bass. The bass was so distinct at the Molson. And the atmosphere that the song created for me was so much better than what it does when I listen to the recorded version.
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-29-2006, 02:58 PM   #172
Level 4 - Thinker

I should probably post this before the thread gets locked.

Just like I did for the Hummingbird show in May, here's an album cover I made for any bootlegs you might find of the Sept 23rd Molson Amp show:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/fortytwo/255922919/

Enjoy.
Old 09-30-2006, 08:47 PM   #173
Level 7 - Loquacious

KOYANNISQATSI - I do believe that all of the projections on the floor were the exact same as what were on the screens at the sides (just a bigger viewing area which kind of warped the image so it may have looked different)

forty two - That is quite the view of TO that u have, Oh and What is the meaning of the BANANA?

When this locks we can all go back to mystic's Toronto thread located under the Interact (on main page) > Socialize Menu

Where have all of our Avatar's gone to?

"There's ppl who defend your borders, There's ppl who work on your plumbing, but the ppl who make your life worth living are the ppl who celebrate the freedom 2 b able 2 express yourself and have enjoyment of song and dance" - MJK

Last edited by Capt. Sith Park; 09-30-2006 at 08:51 PM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-30-2006, 10:17 PM   #174
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 50

dude - a flaming stealth banana split the sky, like, wide open
OFFLINE |  

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: