opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Videos » Parabola
User Name
Password
Old 02-18-2005, 09:27 PM   #1
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Relevance

This may have been said before. Does anyone feel that the videos arent relevant to the songs at all... except maybe hush
Old 02-20-2005, 08:11 PM   #2
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1
Re: Relevance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizmo
This may have been said before. Does anyone feel that the videos arent relevant to the songs at all... except maybe hush

i think i read somewhere that said adam takes his own interpretaion of the song, elaborates on it, and makes the video out of that........

that being said...........yeah, i think the videos pretty much stick to the themes of the songs....maybe parabola the least..........and stinkfist seems better suited to 46&2....
Old 02-20-2005, 08:17 PM   #3
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 415

Schism fits perfectly and is the best music video I have ever seen.
Old 02-21-2005, 07:35 PM   #4
Level 4 - Thinker

i see
Old 02-21-2005, 07:57 PM   #5
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 415

I should reiterate and say that I think that Schism fits perfectly and that it is the best music video that I have ever seen.
Old 02-25-2005, 06:22 PM   #6
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARMZ
I should reiterate and say that I think that Schism fits perfectly and that it is the best music video that I have ever seen.

meh.......i like stinkfist, and prison sex better..........but that's just my opinion.....and really who am i? some rotting piece of flesh sitting at a keyboard mechanically moving my little digits so that they may produce words for all those as bored as me to see. slowly dying computer screen voyeur, watching life pass by, one post a time.....
Old 02-26-2005, 03:20 PM   #7
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by lysegicevolution
i think i read somewhere that said adam takes his own interpretaion of the song, elaborates on it, and makes the video out of that..
That sounds about right. Most of the videos are directed by him. So, its probably a fair assumption to say that its his interpretation. I'm sure the other band mates influence that interpretation as well. For example,...

<possibly> Danny: "Hey Adam, wouldn't this be cool......."

I wish that they would release more videos for their other songs. Its something that Adam could do in the down time, since Danny and Justin are working on the DVD and Maynard is working on the lyrics for the new songs. Being as all the music is for the most part finished for the new album.
Old 03-03-2005, 06:35 PM   #8
Banned.

Bincount™: 337

I think it does.

My computer is a piece of shit so I saw streaming pictures, basically. I saw a picture of an arm placing a piece of fruit on a table. It was so artistic and beautiful. In the next picture, a knife sliced it in half and all that was good went away.
Later on, a small dollish thingy tugged on the pantleg of a much larger being. So defenseless, so scared. Looking for shelter and protection. It made me want to cry.

But
Pain is an Illusion.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 12:24 PM   #9
Level 4 - Thinker

I think the videos are very relevant to the theme's of the songs. In stinkfist, the things that we use to cope often times become our world and we can't find ways out. But when I first saw the video, I thought it didn't have anything to do with the song either. Then I watched some David Lynch movies. Try analysing those! Tool videos will be a breeze!

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: