opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Videos » Parabola
User Name
Password
Old 01-16-2004, 07:52 AM   #1
Banned at user request

Bincount™: 4029
This doesn't seem right...

Ok...

In this video round 8.50 you get this flaming eye.
It's going down and at 8.58 it splits itself in two.

Now... I don't know if anyone ever noticed, but the eyes have different colours, one is blue, one is red.
What are you're thoughts on this?

But... there's more.

After they... penetrate the body and move up, they end up in the head.
There are the 2 eyes, becoming one again.
This happens at 9.25

Well... here's the strange part.
At the beginning, where the leave turns into an eye (8.46), the eye has a blue/green colour.
Strange thing...

Then it splits (like I said before) into two eyes, one blue, one red.

But... when they become one again, they should get the colour of blue + red, which is purple (if I'm correct, which I think I am).
Well... look at the colour they have at 10.10, when they are one again.

I know that ain't purple.

Last edited by Windir; 01-16-2004 at 08:01 AM..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2004, 07:13 PM   #2
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 6
Re: This doesn't seem right...

Maybe the different colours mean all the different aspects of something? I dunno
Old 01-16-2004, 11:48 PM   #3
Banned at user request

Could be, but then... what aspects?
Old 01-18-2004, 04:30 AM   #4

uhm... coloured ones? :P

I think i remember a song on lateralus that sings about "seeing red blue" or something... cant remember song

Maybe that has something to do with it?
Old 01-18-2004, 11:12 AM   #5
Banned at user request

The song was Lateralus...
Old 01-18-2004, 06:51 PM   #6
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0

Yeah if you look closely the outline to the eye(s) starts off black and ends up in a burst of white, but what is a better explaination: That the colours they picked were for some obscure reason that has no real relevance to the video, or they were chosen so as to better fit in with the visual style of the animation and so create a more striking visual impact?

Last edited by Signify; 01-18-2004 at 06:53 PM..
Old 01-19-2004, 02:35 AM   #7
Banned at user request

Interesting...

That could be why they change the colours, indeed, but I don't think that is.
Knowing Tool makes me think of something that has to be deeper then just change the colous because it fits better with the visual style of the video.
There must be a reason why they changed it.

I haven't thought about it all to much, after I posted this.
I think I need some time to figure some theory('s) out.

Well... more thoughts are welcome till then.
Old 01-22-2004, 05:01 PM   #8

I was watching the video and trying to figure it out. Fuck i cant believe i couldnt remember what song that line was from [one of those thoings that will piss me off for a while thinking about it]. The only thing i can come up with other than its just there to look good is that colours are sometimes related to emotions. I would explain further but i seriously cant be arsed... maybe later
Old 01-23-2004, 03:49 AM   #9
Banned at user request

That could be right.
It also suprised me how the character looks when the eyes are passing him by on his face and become one again on his forehead.
It seemed so strange, cause he is looking kinda... terrified, maybe... confused.

I tried looking for some site and came up with this:

Quote:
Red is the first primary color of the spectrum. It emotionally triggers the sense of power, impulsively, sexuality and increases one's appetite. Be careful how you use red. It can also shout anger, forcefulness, impatience, intimidation, conquest, violence and revenge toward your site visitors.

Yellow is one of the three primary colors. Visually it is the most difficult for your eyes to focus on. It is actually brighter than white and stronger in its emotional impact. It also has a stimulating impact on your memory. (Remember the popularity of the yellow notepads and pale yellow Post-It Notes?) It triggers the following emotions: intelligence, joy, and organization. Its opposite effects when used in the wrong manner or with the wrong combination of other colors can create feelings of criticism, laziness, or cynicism. Splashes of pale yellow is the best choice since many tones/shades of yellow are difficult for the human eye to focus on for very long. However, if used with short burst of text as a background, it grabs your attention and helps hold what you read in your memory banks. :)

Blue is a primary color. It is the easiest color for the eyes to focus. It generates feelings of tranquility, love, acceptance, patience, understanding and cooperation. Its negative qualities if used inappropriately are fear, coldness, passivity and depression. Blue is a favorite color choice among all age groups.

Orange is a secondary color comprised of the primary colors, yellow and red. It emotionally triggers steadfastness, courage, confidence, friendliness, and cheerfulness. Its opposite effects are ignorance, inferiority, sluggishness and superiority. Orange is generally considered a social color but used in the wrong manner and with the wrong color combinations could create the opposite effects listed.

Green is the combination of two primary colors, yellow and blue. It includes all the qualities of yellow and blue and the emotions it triggers depends on which of the two primary colors is dominate. Green triggers the following positive emotions: hope, growth, good health, freshness, soothing, sharing, and responsiveness. Its negative attributes are envy, greed, constriction, guilt, jealousy and disorder.

In our next publication, we will briefly analyze Violet, Indigo, Magenta, Brown, Black, White and Neutral Colors.
http://www.basictips.com/tips/article_78.shtml
Old 01-23-2004, 03:37 PM   #10

Well i think i would be kinda shocked if another eye was appearing on my head :P

Maybe its like an "overflow" of emotions.

And oh yea, Ive been learning about the colour emotions in Graphical Communications [whats that gotta do with technical drawings i do not know]. I hate the thought of my mind being changed depending on a colour... just doesnt seem right. But anyway...
Old 02-27-2004, 11:42 AM   #11
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 4

Check out about Kabbalah and the colors of the ten sephiroth
That also explains the reason about "eon BLUE apocalypse" and
why The patient was called "The Red"...
Old 07-16-2004, 03:39 PM   #12
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 107

like stated before in these fourms that we are made up of both male and female parts...

the eyes represent the colors of male(blue) and female(pink)....

tool has also stated at they believe that our subconcious is of the opposite sex.

i also feel that tool represents male (the dick logo, strong and powerful sounds)
and that apc represents female (logo which 'somewhat' represent the clit, very soft and angelic sounds)
Old 08-23-2004, 08:18 PM   #13
Level 3 - Talker

I like the whole Alex Grey theme at the end. Like all of it is based on his beliefs and paintings.
And why do the eyes at the end go up the spinal cord?

Tool at Baltimore. August 10th 2002. Best show in my entire life.
Old 08-23-2004, 08:28 PM   #14
Level 3 - Talker

I also think that the entire video means that everything has life. That everything has a conscious. At the end of Alex Greys book "Tranfigurations" he has a lot of paintings where everything has an eye. The sea , forest, mountains, space, everything had a conscious.
Towards the end of the video Tricky picks up the leaf and it has a concious which go through his body which outimately (spelling?) releases himself and at the end you see the air conscious with all the eyes. At the very end you only see the Vajra and the conscious that is really there. I believe it too. I don't think we're really here as a body. I think its more than that. We're really here as conscious and its much more spiritual than physical. The world really looks like that at the end of the video. All that is there are spirits and conscious's. No bodies or trees or anything.
Thats just my opinoun.

Look post.
cya

Tool at Baltimore. August 10th 2002. Best show in my entire life.
Old 09-15-2004, 08:40 AM   #15
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 32

its interesting, i'll go ahead and throw in my own interpretation of this.

the idea that we are all one not only encompasses all humans but indeed all life. what unites us is our genetic soul, every single one of us who exist from the exact same original soul. the eye in this video represents our genetic soul, and while there is only one soul, one eye, the different colours may represent the variety of forms we find that soul in today.

the leafs soul has its own colour. did you notice that when the eyes seperate to enter the body they follow spiral paths and then when they meet they twirl together to form a double helix? also around 9:15 you can see that there are symbols between each 360 rotation of the eyes, strikingly simular to the frames of alex grays saccred mirrors depicting evolution. the different colours of the eyes like someone said probably represent the slight differences in the genetic soul we inherited from our mother and our father. when they reach the mind they dont blend because thats not what happens when gamates meet, there is an new entirly unique soul.

just thoughts, what do you think?
Old 09-17-2004, 11:22 PM   #16

Bincount™: 9

Hm... I agree with royc. It certainly looks like the symbols from evolution. My mate pointed it out to me and I was like: Cool. Maybe that's what Adam/Tool/Alex Grey thought too?

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: