opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Videos » Parabola
User Name
Password
Old 09-29-2003, 09:46 PM   #1
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Apple from Eden

I'm not bored enough to check if anyone has posted something like this yet, but I just thought that maybe the three suited men represented the 3 major religions, Jewish, Christian, and Muslim(or other eastern religion) and the apple represents the apple from the garden of Eden. The stars on the apple, as has already been done to death, give a kind of link between each religion having their own original sin type of theory for the creation of man.

It's just, every time I see this video, I keep thinking that the little clay guy represents faith in god while the sphere is doubt/intuition/critical thinking/or whatever term helps you explain your agnostisism. Cause, after the little guy is dead, he cuts him open, examines him to see just what he really is, kind of like really thinking about god or the entire dogma of religion. Then he leaves the room, which seemed like he was trapped in, and is free to explore and empower himself any way he sees fit.

Back in the room though, I got the impression that he was guarding or protecting the little dude or at least, metaphoricly chained to him. The sphere multiplies and ultimatly overcomes the small, weak person.

I don't know, I should have thought this out more before I posted, but if I had, I might have just deleted it before I finished. Anyway, it's supposed to be a unique message for each person, and this is what I see in it, not what I see Tool seeing. It just fits with my particular beliefs.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2003, 11:37 AM   #2
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 561
I like your theory; it makes sense.
Old 10-08-2003, 08:25 PM   #3
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 187
Re: Apple from Eden

It's perceptions like this that makes me want to not foget these sections so much. I love interesting ideas like this.
Old 10-18-2003, 10:08 PM   #4
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Another thing I thought about was the stone tablets breaking, like the 10 Commandments (or hammurabi's code if you don't want to get relidious), sort of like defying the most basic laws of the dogma. Once you understand that the religion is flawed, you need to keep going, "Why the unquestioning faith in god" which leads into what I was saying in my first post.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not tying to tie this in directly with relgion in some Fundamentalist bashing goodness, but I think we can agree that religious dogma is pretty much worthless, and that's what I think it's supposed to attack, not the concept of god.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: