opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Videos » Parabola
User Name
Password
Old 11-27-2002, 12:15 PM   #1
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Meaning of the 'cross' ...

in the video, at the last part with that 3D guy

when those to eyes go over the chest

you can see this cross

http://users.pandora.be/bator/zever/...crap/cross.jpg (sorry for bad quality)

this is the exact cross you can see on the on the booklet of the cd

http://toolshed.down.net/pix/lat/lateraluscdslev6.jpg

does anyone know the meaning of this cross?

just curious
Old 11-27-2002, 03:29 PM   #2
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 2
Dorje/Vajra

Yeah! Well the cross is two Buddhist ceremonial thunderobolts (Vajra in Sanskrit, Dorje in Tibettan). I can check and get back to you with more soon. The flowers represent the 7 main chakras (out of 72. The rest are the peripheral chakras), and the spiral is the chi rising towards the ba hui, or crown chakra.
Old 11-27-2002, 03:56 PM   #3
Level 3 - Talker

Do post some link or something that might more thoroughly explain this, TheHollow. If you want.

Or anyone else can. I'd like to read about it.
Old 11-28-2002, 02:17 AM   #4

Sorry bud! Wish I could, but it's not something I found out on the Net, so I can't really link up. Most of the stuff I know, I was taught by my teachers. If you're interested in this stuff, drop me a line, and I'll be happy to suggest a couple of books that may give you an idea.

Actually most books on Hindu, Buddhist or Taoist meditation can explain most of the stuff I said about the chakras and ch'i.
Old 11-28-2002, 03:23 PM   #5
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

so would one then be inclinced to interpret the equal arm cross as the very heart of the universe?

As Above, So Below, the heart of man as well, as a microcosm reflection of God?
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2002, 03:30 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally posted by shade13
so would one then be inclinced to interpret the equal arm cross as the very heart of the universe?

As Above, So Below, the heart of man as well, as a microcosm reflection of God?
possibly....

"...and we will come to find, that we are all one mind..."
Old 12-04-2002, 05:46 PM   #7
Level 1 - Lurker

vajra

To me, the vajra symbolizes an indestructable spiritual awareness. A pleasant state of mind all my own.
Old 12-05-2002, 01:45 AM   #8

I dunno whether spiritual awareness is actually indestructible, before you reach a higher level... Actually, I think it can be easily shattered with the slightest emotional fluxuations at lower levels. However as ancient Greek philosopher Heracletus said "Lightning rules all". And the vajra IS the thunderbolt. Proof of the power of lightning.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: