opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Videos » Upcoming and Unreleased
User Name
Password
Old 07-29-2003, 01:13 PM   #1
Banned.

Bincount™: 431
intermission

this isnt about the artwork at the concerts, but during the intermission at the concert i went to, the lights turned to a dark blue, and a loud, groundshaking vibration was started and lasted for longer than i can remember. has anybody else experienced this at a tool concert? this really tripped me out and it felt like it lasted for an eternity. it was truly an awesome feeling though, like my whole body was filled with energy.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2003, 03:50 PM   #2
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
yeah

yep, insane huh?
did you see the screens during the intermission?
the grey guy, the skin on his face stretches on and off, and you can see his
skull...jeez
I think they did it at every concert they played last year
Old 07-29-2003, 05:45 PM   #3
Banned.

Re: yeah

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickknocker
yep, insane huh?
did you see the screens during the intermission?
the grey guy, the skin on his face stretches on and off, and you can see his
skull...jeez
I think they did it at every concert they played last year

the skull jumping up and down? yeah that was intense... i get flashbacks just thinking about it.
Old 08-20-2003, 07:21 AM   #4
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 5
http://www.chetzar.com/skull.html <--- Teh Jumping Skull.
Old 09-16-2003, 06:39 PM   #5
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
yeah

Its Like being on drugs if you ask me.

The preformance tool puts on is intense but i live in new zealand so the next time i get the have that experience is a long long long long long way away which will make it that much more intense when i do get to seem them again.

But because new zealand is a small country and they played 3 times last tour its possible to go to all the concerts with out it beinga big hole in the wallet. I didnt but my mates did went to the christchruch concert The missioned it to wellington and drove up to auckland on the last night.
Old 10-08-2003, 03:39 PM   #6
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 561
Re: intermission

I read on a website that documented all of Tool's setlists that the intermission is called Osseus Labyrint. I know that it's a contortionist group, but I'm just relaying what I've discovered:
www.distortiononline.com
Old 11-02-2003, 10:34 PM   #7
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dispoflectional
this isnt about the artwork at the concerts, but during the intermission at the concert i went to, the lights turned to a dark blue, and a loud, groundshaking vibration was started and lasted for longer than i can remember. has anybody else experienced this at a tool concert? this really tripped me out and it felt like it lasted for an eternity. it was truly an awesome feeling though, like my whole body was filled with energy.
the second show i saw, they played third eye and it unleashed some serious kundalini pent up inside me. also i could smell marajuana people were smoking. when they started that rumble, it was fucking disturbing. i just wanted it to stop, i was on the verge of a bad trip it seemed. I was not on anything. My guess is, it does put you or your brain into a trance, but it also makes Disposition sound so much sweeter....
Old 11-13-2003, 07:47 AM   #8
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 9

When I attended the summer "inside the outside" concert in Ft. Worth Texas, the artwork that was used throughout the show was truly amazing. I believe that most of the artwork was supplied by the amazing Chet Zar and some other contributions by Spiral Eyes. (Both very accomplished (groups of) artists. www.chetzar.com and www.spiraleyes.com) The image of the skull moving rapidly about inside the grey guys face until finally bursting forth was indeed interesting. The intense sound during the intermission that almost ripped my chest open was a very thought provoking and energizing experience. TooL's use of lights is amazing and adds to the overall feeling and ambiance of thier concerts.
"A lot of christians wear crosses around their necks. Do you think when Jesus comes back he ever wants to see a fuckin' cross? It's kinda like going up to Jackie Onassis with a rifle pendant on." -Bill Hicks
Old 01-16-2004, 01:31 PM   #9
Banned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yllwcrystlstr
the second show i saw, they played third eye and it unleashed some serious kundalini pent up inside me. also i could smell marajuana people were smoking. when they started that rumble, it was fucking disturbing. i just wanted it to stop, i was on the verge of a bad trip it seemed. I was not on anything. My guess is, it does put you or your brain into a trance, but it also makes Disposition sound so much sweeter....

yeah thats exactly how i felt, my trip started to go a little weird at the part. But i was really high as well. It was almost like they did it to just teach us some sort of lesson, or show us the control they have over us during their concerts...

only they know..
Old 01-26-2004, 12:28 PM   #10
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 217

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odibilëph
I read on a website that documented all of Tool's setlists that the intermission is called Osseus Labyrint. I know that it's a contortionist group, but I'm just relaying what I've discovered:
www.distortiononline.com
thats a different intermision, Osseus Labyrint is a group of two performers, the two people in the schism video are Osseus Labyrint. During the first lateralus tour Osseus Labyrint went out at intermission and did there own little show. what everyone is talking about here is quite different and was just known as "intermission"
Old 02-14-2004, 07:39 PM   #11
swept underneath my skin

Bincount™: 1097

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soaky
http://www.chetzar.com/skull.html <--- Teh Jumping Skull.
that site brings back a lot of memories from my only tool concert.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: