Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » Artwork
User Name
Password
pryingopenmybrowneye's Avatar pryingopenmybrowneye
05-11-2006, 09:33 PM

Last edited by pryingopenmybrowneye; 05-11-2006 at 10:30 PM.. Reason: i'm special
Old 05-11-2006, 09:33 PM   #201
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 3
Re: puzzle?

Last edited by pryingopenmybrowneye; 05-11-2006 at 10:30 PM.. Reason: i'm special
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Erowyn's Avatar Erowyn
05-11-2006, 09:43 PM

Does it bother anyone else that the pictures side by side are not the same? the picture of justin you can see from the left to the right the bird is different and his head is turned just slightly more i realize that the side of side of the curtains is necessary for the apperance of 3d but the bird and his head and hand make my view of him skewed...maybe its just me
Old 05-11-2006, 09:43 PM   #202
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0

Does it bother anyone else that the pictures side by side are not the same? the picture of justin you can see from the left to the right the bird is different and his head is turned just slightly more i realize that the side of side of the curtains is necessary for the apperance of 3d but the bird and his head and hand make my view of him skewed...maybe its just me
05-11-2006, 09:52 PM

i would think it's an effect from taking the pictures. the cameras are placed side by side. there's not much difference in the position of the lenses, but it would be enough to cause the dissimilarities. someone correct me if i'm wrong.
Old 05-11-2006, 09:52 PM   #203
Level 4 - Thinker

i would think it's an effect from taking the pictures. the cameras are placed side by side. there's not much difference in the position of the lenses, but it would be enough to cause the dissimilarities. someone correct me if i'm wrong.
Erowyn's Avatar Erowyn
05-11-2006, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by defjuxie
the second picture behind danny is "The Golden Dawn Rosy Cross symbol"..

im 99.9% sure its the symbol on danny's deck of cards.

http://www.kheper.net/topics/Hermeticism/index.html

to save anyone else from looking the 2 pictures in the background of the picture of Danny are THE CARFAX MONOGRAPHS by Kenneth & Steffi Grant the two photos are on the left "The Tree Of Life" the right "Aleister Crowley"
Old 05-11-2006, 10:19 PM   #204
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:

to save anyone else from looking the 2 pictures in the background of the picture of Danny are THE CARFAX MONOGRAPHS by Kenneth & Steffi Grant the two photos are on the left "The Tree Of Life" the right "Aleister Crowley"
05-12-2006, 07:01 AM

so i'm guessing that nobody else besides me has noticed that the reflection of maynard in the table in his picture only shows the left (his right) side? also..whatever happened to what mjk said before the cd was released about how fans should have at least some knowledge about the temple of king soloman and other such things?

-jiimy
Old 05-12-2006, 07:01 AM   #205
Level 1 - Lurker

so i'm guessing that nobody else besides me has noticed that the reflection of maynard in the table in his picture only shows the left (his right) side? also..whatever happened to what mjk said before the cd was released about how fans should have at least some knowledge about the temple of king soloman and other such things?

-jiimy
deviever
05-12-2006, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiimy8me

-jiimy
The reflection of maynard in the table is angled so that if he had his arm down all you would see is him from his neck up. Look more closely. Nothing funny going on there.

devi-
Old 05-12-2006, 07:05 AM   #206
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:

-jiimy
The reflection of maynard in the table is angled so that if he had his arm down all you would see is him from his neck up. Look more closely. Nothing funny going on there.

devi-
ween69's Avatar ween69
05-12-2006, 08:38 AM

crazy maynard and his fancy winery.
Old 05-12-2006, 08:38 AM   #207
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 22

sleepforever
05-12-2006, 11:24 AM

I was pretty damn sure I figured out the puzzle to the photos in the 10,000 Days booklet. I thought that maybe both 10,000 Days and Lateralus can be listened to at the same time, but I tried it and it didn't seem to work very well. I will tell you why I thought that this was the answer to the puzzle.
I was at songmeanings.net and was reading what Tool fans thought the songs on 10,000 Days were about and one of them mentioned that Viginti Tres means 23. They also meantioned that there are 24 tracks total on Lateralus and 10,000 Days, which isn't 23 but still close. They also said that they believe 10,000 Days is disc 2 of Lateralus. Then I heard about the puzzle. So I started looking at the pictures and in Justin's picture I noticed on the left side of his desk there are 13 candles. There also happens to be 13 tracks on Lateralus. On the right side are 11 candles. 10,000 Days has 11 tracks. I also saw on Danny's card there's a colorful cross. Those colors I thought were the same colors mentioned in the song Lateralus. That's when I was pretty sure that both CDs can be listened to at the same time. The title of the song Right in Two reminded me of the 2 images that make a 3D image when the lenses are used. I also noticed similar lenses on Adam's desk as if it were a hint, and on Maynard's desk he has 2 phones, and sound comes from phones obviously. Also, I noticed that Lateralus and 10,000 Days are about the exact same length if you take away Faaip de Oiad. So that would mean that 23 of the songs play at the same time, but Faaip de Oiad doesn't, which would explain Viginti Tres (23).
After I tried listening to both CDs at the same time and it didn't seem to work, I thought of the commentary on the Parabola DVD. So I hooked 2 headphones up to 2 CD players using one part of one of the headphone sets on one CD player, and one from the other set on the other CD player. But one of the headphones is crap so it didn't seem to work. I emailed [email protected] about this but it wouldn't send so I emailed [email protected] and asked if I was right or not. What does everyone think? Am I right or am I right?
Old 05-12-2006, 11:24 AM   #208
Level 1 - Lurker

I was pretty damn sure I figured out the puzzle to the photos in the 10,000 Days booklet. I thought that maybe both 10,000 Days and Lateralus can be listened to at the same time, but I tried it and it didn't seem to work very well. I will tell you why I thought that this was the answer to the puzzle.
I was at songmeanings.net and was reading what Tool fans thought the songs on 10,000 Days were about and one of them mentioned that Viginti Tres means 23. They also meantioned that there are 24 tracks total on Lateralus and 10,000 Days, which isn't 23 but still close. They also said that they believe 10,000 Days is disc 2 of Lateralus. Then I heard about the puzzle. So I started looking at the pictures and in Justin's picture I noticed on the left side of his desk there are 13 candles. There also happens to be 13 tracks on Lateralus. On the right side are 11 candles. 10,000 Days has 11 tracks. I also saw on Danny's card there's a colorful cross. Those colors I thought were the same colors mentioned in the song Lateralus. That's when I was pretty sure that both CDs can be listened to at the same time. The title of the song Right in Two reminded me of the 2 images that make a 3D image when the lenses are used. I also noticed similar lenses on Adam's desk as if it were a hint, and on Maynard's desk he has 2 phones, and sound comes from phones obviously. Also, I noticed that Lateralus and 10,000 Days are about the exact same length if you take away Faaip de Oiad. So that would mean that 23 of the songs play at the same time, but Faaip de Oiad doesn't, which would explain Viginti Tres (23).
After I tried listening to both CDs at the same time and it didn't seem to work, I thought of the commentary on the Parabola DVD. So I hooked 2 headphones up to 2 CD players using one part of one of the headphone sets on one CD player, and one from the other set on the other CD player. But one of the headphones is crap so it didn't seem to work. I emailed [email protected] about this but it wouldn't send so I emailed [email protected] and asked if I was right or not. What does everyone think? Am I right or am I right?
lachrymoIogy's Avatar lachrymoIogy
05-12-2006, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepforever
Perhaps it's just ment as an alternate tracklisting? Not overlapping the tracks, more like... i dunno someone work on a tracklisting. For some reason though, viginti tres does remind me of the begining of the grudge, when they flip the switch back to ON. Maybe that's the middle, segue into the second half of the tracklisting? Just a thought, not sure if anyone mentioned it already.
Old 05-12-2006, 12:23 PM   #209
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 54

Quote:
Perhaps it's just ment as an alternate tracklisting? Not overlapping the tracks, more like... i dunno someone work on a tracklisting. For some reason though, viginti tres does remind me of the begining of the grudge, when they flip the switch back to ON. Maybe that's the middle, segue into the second half of the tracklisting? Just a thought, not sure if anyone mentioned it already.
05-12-2006, 12:23 PM

sry

Last edited by lachrymoIogy; 05-12-2006 at 12:24 PM.. Reason: double-post
Old 05-12-2006, 12:23 PM   #210
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 54

sry

Last edited by lachrymoIogy; 05-12-2006 at 12:24 PM.. Reason: double-post
Nate-Dogg85
05-12-2006, 12:54 PM

lmao, go read a book, stop wasting your time, do something productive. Your spending so much time on something that isnt there, and its just going to drive you mad like the guy in rosetta stoned. Spend so much time looking for an answer, when maybe there is no answer?
Old 05-12-2006, 12:54 PM   #211

Bincount™: 2

lmao, go read a book, stop wasting your time, do something productive. Your spending so much time on something that isnt there, and its just going to drive you mad like the guy in rosetta stoned. Spend so much time looking for an answer, when maybe there is no answer?
frantz
05-12-2006, 01:10 PM

The meaning of puzzle is... THE GOLDEN DAWN. http://www.dannycarey.org/updatemarch/prints/printb.html
You can find it on a tarrot cards. The band members represent:

Danny- fire (red)
oposite to
Adam -water (blue) notice the placeing of drawings and lamps

Mainard- earth (black)
oposite to
Justin- wind (white) notice the smoke on both pictures

So now any information about The Golden Down will be helpfull
Old 05-12-2006, 01:10 PM   #212
Level 1 - Lurker

The meaning of puzzle is... THE GOLDEN DAWN. http://www.dannycarey.org/updatemarch/prints/printb.html
You can find it on a tarrot cards. The band members represent:

Danny- fire (red)
oposite to
Adam -water (blue) notice the placeing of drawings and lamps

Mainard- earth (black)
oposite to
Justin- wind (white) notice the smoke on both pictures

So now any information about The Golden Down will be helpfull
wg76551
05-12-2006, 01:18 PM

What about the individual occupations of the members? Maynard has this some what obvious look of a business man with consideration of the other objects. Everyone of them has this image of a profession.
Old 05-12-2006, 01:18 PM   #213
Level 1 - Lurker

What about the individual occupations of the members? Maynard has this some what obvious look of a business man with consideration of the other objects. Everyone of them has this image of a profession.
wg76551
05-12-2006, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate-Dogg85
Whats wrong with peolpe enjoying themselves with this. It is just entertainment.
Old 05-12-2006, 01:21 PM   #214
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate-Dogg85
Whats wrong with peolpe enjoying themselves with this. It is just entertainment.
deviever
05-12-2006, 01:43 PM

A random thing I noticed recently regarding the videos up until now

Parabol/Parabola - ends with spirit energy
Schism - ends with fire
Aenima - ends with air (and has water through out)
Stinkfist - has very dry earth-like imagery through out

devi-
Old 05-12-2006, 01:43 PM   #215
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

A random thing I noticed recently regarding the videos up until now

Parabol/Parabola - ends with spirit energy
Schism - ends with fire
Aenima - ends with air (and has water through out)
Stinkfist - has very dry earth-like imagery through out

devi-
Nate-Dogg85
05-12-2006, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wg76551

I suppose...

Seems to me like everyones just digging a little too deep.
Old 05-12-2006, 03:06 PM   #216

Bincount™: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by wg76551

I suppose...

Seems to me like everyones just digging a little too deep.
Jiimy8me
05-12-2006, 04:35 PM

anyone happen to notice there are 23 Pins in the artwork of the guy on the spiral?

-Jiimy
Old 05-12-2006, 04:35 PM   #217
Level 1 - Lurker

anyone happen to notice there are 23 Pins in the artwork of the guy on the spiral?

-Jiimy
teleincision's Avatar teleincision
05-12-2006, 06:01 PM

Quote:

-Jiimy
there has been speculation, of weather there are more of less than 23, maybe at 25, or maybe at 21, but not an exact 23, yet..
Old 05-12-2006, 06:01 PM   #218

Bincount™: 8

Quote:

-Jiimy
there has been speculation, of weather there are more of less than 23, maybe at 25, or maybe at 21, but not an exact 23, yet..
05-12-2006, 07:14 PM

Quote:

-jiimy
Actually, I think that was Danny and he was also joking about that one. Already been mentioned quite a lot of times with the Lateralus album.
Old 05-12-2006, 07:14 PM   #219
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:

-jiimy
Actually, I think that was Danny and he was also joking about that one. Already been mentioned quite a lot of times with the Lateralus album.
xPOGOx's Avatar xPOGOx
05-12-2006, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erowyn
Interistingly enough, "The Tree of Life" has come up in discussions about the song "Right in Two"
Old 05-12-2006, 10:49 PM   #220
I'd rather listen to Hanson.

Bincount™: 4

Quote:
Interistingly enough, "The Tree of Life" has come up in discussions about the song "Right in Two"
xul
05-13-2006, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by question93
LeVay was an idiot and sullied Crowley's name and work.

I know that I am jsut wondering if they are all supposed to represent a person, jsut throwing names out there,..
Old 05-13-2006, 12:57 PM   #221
xul
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by question93
LeVay was an idiot and sullied Crowley's name and work.

I know that I am jsut wondering if they are all supposed to represent a person, jsut throwing names out there,..
durkabajung's Avatar durkabajung
05-13-2006, 06:55 PM

On the main Toolband page Blair says there's a puzzle incorporated in the 4 Indivual photos of the band members. He mentions nothing of the other ones. I'm just simplifying stuff :)
Old 05-13-2006, 06:55 PM   #222
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1

On the main Toolband page Blair says there's a puzzle incorporated in the 4 Indivual photos of the band members. He mentions nothing of the other ones. I'm just simplifying stuff :)
05-13-2006, 07:13 PM

Quote:

"three mothers, seven doubles and twelve simple" - and the twenty-two Paths of the Tree of Life. From these petals a geometrical figure representing any named spiritual force can be obtained; "

Straight off that site you had. I don't know if any said this already, but behind Danny on the wall is a frame of the Tree of Life. And that's cleary the same cross on his cards. Sorry if someone already said this, I just didn't wanna loose my place while reading all these posts
Old 05-13-2006, 07:13 PM   #223
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1

Quote:

"three mothers, seven doubles and twelve simple" - and the twenty-two Paths of the Tree of Life. From these petals a geometrical figure representing any named spiritual force can be obtained; "

Straight off that site you had. I don't know if any said this already, but behind Danny on the wall is a frame of the Tree of Life. And that's cleary the same cross on his cards. Sorry if someone already said this, I just didn't wanna loose my place while reading all these posts
05-13-2006, 10:57 PM

Quote:
You see, my young padwan, when you close one eye, it's a different image then when you only have the other eye open. Ah, the magic of 3d.

But seriously, it's to make the stereoscopic lenses mroe than pieces of warped plastic.
Old 05-13-2006, 10:57 PM   #224
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
You see, my young padwan, when you close one eye, it's a different image then when you only have the other eye open. Ah, the magic of 3d.

But seriously, it's to make the stereoscopic lenses mroe than pieces of warped plastic.
05-14-2006, 04:04 AM

I have a technique that may help. Its not a solution, but I think it points in the right direction: don't use the lenses. Cross your eyes and look at the pictures. It will hurt, but as you merge the two crossed images, a third will "pop" into place in the centre, a little like looking at a magic eye picture. The two photos will super-impose creating this third in the middle which will be blurry for a while, but keep staring and the whole thing will clear up. You will find yourself looking much deeper into the pictures, and with a clarity you cannot experience by using the lenses.

Two pictures -> three = viginti tres? A clarity coming from looking at two and finding a third way. Maybe the puzzle is as simple as finding a way to view the pictures that doesn't involve looking through the crappy distorting lenses.

Use ya third eye!
Old 05-14-2006, 04:04 AM   #225
Level 2 - Poster

I have a technique that may help. Its not a solution, but I think it points in the right direction: don't use the lenses. Cross your eyes and look at the pictures. It will hurt, but as you merge the two crossed images, a third will "pop" into place in the centre, a little like looking at a magic eye picture. The two photos will super-impose creating this third in the middle which will be blurry for a while, but keep staring and the whole thing will clear up. You will find yourself looking much deeper into the pictures, and with a clarity you cannot experience by using the lenses.

Two pictures -> three = viginti tres? A clarity coming from looking at two and finding a third way. Maybe the puzzle is as simple as finding a way to view the pictures that doesn't involve looking through the crappy distorting lenses.

Use ya third eye!
Dolophane's Avatar Dolophane
05-14-2006, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spigot
This is how people were doing it with the leaked images before the release. I believe there was just one guy here saying that it should come with glasses, which people thought was a silly idea, I guess.
"You see, for me [art]'s not one of life's ornaments, rococo relaxation to be greeted affably after a day of hard work; I'm inverted on this : for me it's my very breath, the one thing necessary, and all else is excretion and a latrine."

~Arno Schmidt
Old 05-14-2006, 10:20 AM   #226
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 95

Quote:
Originally Posted by spigot
This is how people were doing it with the leaked images before the release. I believe there was just one guy here saying that it should come with glasses, which people thought was a silly idea, I guess.
"You see, for me [art]'s not one of life's ornaments, rococo relaxation to be greeted affably after a day of hard work; I'm inverted on this : for me it's my very breath, the one thing necessary, and all else is excretion and a latrine."

~Arno Schmidt
Inner_Eulogy's Avatar Inner_Eulogy
05-14-2006, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ween69
Ween-RRrr, you should really change your picture man....perhaps to something not so silly looking. No offense man, but your picture really makes me laugh
Old 05-14-2006, 02:16 PM   #227
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by ween69
Ween-RRrr, you should really change your picture man....perhaps to something not so silly looking. No offense man, but your picture really makes me laugh
05-14-2006, 03:33 PM

Ah, well, if you start from the picture that says "Tool 10,000 Days" and proceed, you'll notice that the picture preceding each band member can be seen in each other the band member's photo. Except for Maynard. He is preceded by the fetus in the skull. I'm confused, anyone notice this too?
Old 05-14-2006, 03:33 PM   #228
Level 4 - Thinker

Ah, well, if you start from the picture that says "Tool 10,000 Days" and proceed, you'll notice that the picture preceding each band member can be seen in each other the band member's photo. Except for Maynard. He is preceded by the fetus in the skull. I'm confused, anyone notice this too?
therandom's Avatar therandom
05-14-2006, 04:49 PM

ELEVEN

the signifigance.... we need to start looking at Jimmy again. What the the signifigance of 11 in Jimmy? "11 and she was gone" his mom had her accident. That is more than likely the only signifigance of 11.
Old 05-14-2006, 04:49 PM   #229
Level 4 - Thinker

ELEVEN

the signifigance.... we need to start looking at Jimmy again. What the the signifigance of 11 in Jimmy? "11 and she was gone" his mom had her accident. That is more than likely the only signifigance of 11.
05-14-2006, 06:43 PM

i mentioned in another thread that the fetus picture may be signifigant because it could be where u start the puzzle since u start life as a fetus
Old 05-14-2006, 06:43 PM   #230
Level 2 - Poster

i mentioned in another thread that the fetus picture may be signifigant because it could be where u start the puzzle since u start life as a fetus
deviever
05-14-2006, 08:11 PM

re-tar-ted

devi-
Old 05-14-2006, 08:11 PM   #231
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

re-tar-ted

devi-
xhristian
05-14-2006, 08:18 PM

Hi all, first post. I'm curious what the puzzle is also... I read through your posts and nobody has mentioned this yet. On Danny's bio on Toolband he recommends "a thorough study and utilization of the underlying geometry of the Temple of Solomon for anyone purchasing their next record." I don't know how it could relate to the 10,000 days artwork but do a search, some weird stuff going on there. Hope it helps.
Old 05-14-2006, 08:18 PM   #232
Level 1 - Lurker

Hi all, first post. I'm curious what the puzzle is also... I read through your posts and nobody has mentioned this yet. On Danny's bio on Toolband he recommends "a thorough study and utilization of the underlying geometry of the Temple of Solomon for anyone purchasing their next record." I don't know how it could relate to the 10,000 days artwork but do a search, some weird stuff going on there. Hope it helps.
skripture's Avatar skripture
05-14-2006, 08:40 PM

Solomons temple is built using sacred geometry (ie. the double square). This allusion to sacred geometry is amazingly close to the allusions made throughout lateralus to phi, the golden ratio, and another example of sacred geometry found in nature. I'm not gonna go through the whole thing with lateralus, but notice this about the artwork: double square. Two pictures. Two squares. Everything is two. In front of maynard are two boxes. The double square celebrates duality, and I think that this is the concept behind this album, much like the concept behind lateralus was spiraling outward. There are a lot of different beliefs about sacred geometry. Some people think that, because so many pre-historic monuments include sacred geometry that interacts with the stars and planets, it all ties in with extra-terrestrial beings. Others think that true enlightenment can only be reached by forming ones spiritual body into these sacred forms. Do some research and you'll see what I mean. Look up merkaba, the golden ratio, phi, the double square. I think this is the root of what tool is trying to get at.
Old 05-14-2006, 08:40 PM   #233

Bincount™: 8

Solomons temple is built using sacred geometry (ie. the double square). This allusion to sacred geometry is amazingly close to the allusions made throughout lateralus to phi, the golden ratio, and another example of sacred geometry found in nature. I'm not gonna go through the whole thing with lateralus, but notice this about the artwork: double square. Two pictures. Two squares. Everything is two. In front of maynard are two boxes. The double square celebrates duality, and I think that this is the concept behind this album, much like the concept behind lateralus was spiraling outward. There are a lot of different beliefs about sacred geometry. Some people think that, because so many pre-historic monuments include sacred geometry that interacts with the stars and planets, it all ties in with extra-terrestrial beings. Others think that true enlightenment can only be reached by forming ones spiritual body into these sacred forms. Do some research and you'll see what I mean. Look up merkaba, the golden ratio, phi, the double square. I think this is the root of what tool is trying to get at.
05-15-2006, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deviever
re-tar-ted

devi-
re-tar-ded

actually-
Old 05-15-2006, 12:42 AM   #234
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by deviever
re-tar-ted

devi-
re-tar-ded

actually-
05-15-2006, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muladhara
re-tar-ded

actually-
Welcome to the internet n00b.

devi-
Old 05-15-2006, 06:45 AM   #235
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muladhara
re-tar-ded

actually-
Welcome to the internet n00b.

devi-
Bukkhead
05-15-2006, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiddleN
Yes, that has already been pointed out. And, I'm sorry if this has also been pointed out, but: On toolband.com, the announcement of the "puzzle" also said that the clock in Maynards pic was positioned at either 1:07 or 11:17. First off, those two times don't even look the same on a clock. Secondly, my copy clearly has the clock positioned at 11:55. Is this just a type-o on the tool page, or is there different versions of the art?
The clock IS at 1:07... if the image we see is reversed. Look at the phones. Maybe some of you are too young to remember rotary phones. I'm pretty sure they spun the other way from what is pictured. ... So the maynerd in the mirror is the "real" maynerd, and the one offering the wine is the reversed one.

Okay, go to town with that one.

PS Anyone here from any of the puzzlehunt teams at Microsoft or MIT?
Old 05-15-2006, 08:12 AM   #236
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiddleN
Yes, that has already been pointed out. And, I'm sorry if this has also been pointed out, but: On toolband.com, the announcement of the "puzzle" also said that the clock in Maynards pic was positioned at either 1:07 or 11:17. First off, those two times don't even look the same on a clock. Secondly, my copy clearly has the clock positioned at 11:55. Is this just a type-o on the tool page, or is there different versions of the art?
The clock IS at 1:07... if the image we see is reversed. Look at the phones. Maybe some of you are too young to remember rotary phones. I'm pretty sure they spun the other way from what is pictured. ... So the maynerd in the mirror is the "real" maynerd, and the one offering the wine is the reversed one.

sleepforever
05-15-2006, 04:58 PM

Quote:
I think I was right with my post you see above. I was just at the FAQ section of this site and noticed this: ""Lateralus" has been mastered as a High Definition CD. Tool fan Dennis Jernberg ([email protected]) summarizes: "To the TOOL fans with delicate ears, the fact that "Lateralus" is a HDCD compatible release is great news . Simply put, it uses 20-bit encoding instead of the standard 16 bits. But, you need an HDCD compatible player to take advantage of the extended information." If you don't have such a player, it will sound as solid as a normal CD." You can also find more info about HDCD players here :http://timefordvd.com/ref/HDCD.shtml
So based on the clues I have found in my last post above, I think that both 10,000 Days and Lateralus can be listened to at the same time using 2 HDCD players only. Since I don't have an HDCD player, anyone that does please let us all know if this works.
Old 05-15-2006, 04:58 PM   #237
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
I think I was right with my post you see above. I was just at the FAQ section of this site and noticed this: ""Lateralus" has been mastered as a High Definition CD. Tool fan Dennis Jernberg ([email protected]) summarizes: "To the TOOL fans with delicate ears, the fact that "Lateralus" is a HDCD compatible release is great news . Simply put, it uses 20-bit encoding instead of the standard 16 bits. But, you need an HDCD compatible player to take advantage of the extended information." If you don't have such a player, it will sound as solid as a normal CD." You can also find more info about HDCD players here :http://timefordvd.com/ref/HDCD.shtml
So based on the clues I have found in my last post above, I think that both 10,000 Days and Lateralus can be listened to at the same time using 2 HDCD players only. Since I don't have an HDCD player, anyone that does please let us all know if this works.
defjuxie's Avatar defjuxie
05-15-2006, 05:38 PM

Quote:
not to be mean or anything but I highly doubt tool recorded 10,000 days with the idea of it being played with lateralus simultaneously...but you still got some good ideas there.

peace
Old 05-15-2006, 05:38 PM   #238
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 3

Quote:
not to be mean or anything but I highly doubt tool recorded 10,000 days with the idea of it being played with lateralus simultaneously...but you still got some good ideas there.

peace
hextaii
05-15-2006, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bukkhead

WRONG. I would like to know why you think the phone is a mirror image. Guess you don't know that much about rotary phones yourself, so here's a lesson:
On many rotary phones (including this one) the numbers do not go all the way around the dial and there is a gap of about 90 degrees or so with no numbers and no holes. This gap on every phone I have ever seen is on the right side of the dial. If this were a mirror image it would be on the left.
Old 05-15-2006, 07:33 PM   #239
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bukkhead

WRONG. I would like to know why you think the phone is a mirror image. Guess you don't know that much about rotary phones yourself, so here's a lesson:
On many rotary phones (including this one) the numbers do not go all the way around the dial and there is a gap of about 90 degrees or so with no numbers and no holes. This gap on every phone I have ever seen is on the right side of the dial. If this were a mirror image it would be on the left.
MemphisM's Avatar MemphisM
05-15-2006, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Jester
The skeleton on Adam's picture has his hands crossed over his chest/heart. Also, what is sitting in front of Adam? Are those old Stereoscopic glasses? And can someone please identify what type of plants those are in Danny's picture?
theyre orchids

Announce the fall schedule goddamnit....
Old 05-15-2006, 10:48 PM   #240
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Jester
The skeleton on Adam's picture has his hands crossed over his chest/heart. Also, what is sitting in front of Adam? Are those old Stereoscopic glasses? And can someone please identify what type of plants those are in Danny's picture?
theyre orchids

Announce the fall schedule goddamnit....

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply