Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » Artwork
User Name
Password
Azathoth23's Avatar Azathoth23
05-05-2006, 11:59 AM

Supposedly the band photos are a puzzle, any one know anything about this?
Old 05-05-2006, 11:59 AM   #1
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
puzzle?

Supposedly the band photos are a puzzle, any one know anything about this?
05-05-2006, 12:03 PM

No clue. There's two phones on Maynard's desk. There's 2 boxes: 1 open, 1 unopen. In the socialize forums theres a thread about this.
Old 05-05-2006, 12:03 PM   #2
Banned.

Bincount™: 664
Re: puzzle?

No clue. There's two phones on Maynard's desk. There's 2 boxes: 1 open, 1 unopen. In the socialize forums theres a thread about this.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
05-05-2006, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike09
thanks ill check it out.
Old 05-05-2006, 12:05 PM   #3
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike09
thanks ill check it out.
05-05-2006, 12:24 PM

Haven't you been reading all the other posts?
Old 05-05-2006, 12:24 PM   #4
Level 4 - Thinker

05-05-2006, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumsh
i read about this on the official site and i cant find the threads.
Old 05-05-2006, 12:27 PM   #5
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumsh
i read about this on the official site and i cant find the threads.
05-05-2006, 12:29 PM

Do some digging.
Old 05-05-2006, 12:29 PM   #6
Level 4 - Thinker

Do some digging.
jsn's Avatar jsn
05-05-2006, 01:02 PM

it would be cool if each photo was one side angle.
like north, west, east, south views from the same table.
and if you had big enough photos you could form them into a cube and make like a 3-d diorama.
Old 05-05-2006, 01:02 PM   #7
jsn
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1

it would be cool if each photo was one side angle.
like north, west, east, south views from the same table.
and if you had big enough photos you could form them into a cube and make like a 3-d diorama.
teleincision's Avatar teleincision
05-05-2006, 02:50 PM

blair also talks about a clock, but i do not see one....

any help?
Old 05-05-2006, 02:50 PM   #8
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 8

blair also talks about a clock, but i do not see one....

any help?
05-05-2006, 07:45 PM

OK I have figured out one part of the puzzle... Every band member has a figure/ spirit on thier left side (our right)... Danny: fireball/energy, Justin: Bird, Maynard: Woman, Adam: Skeleton Well, I'm not sure what is going on with this yet but it has to be part of the "puzzle".... By the way, did anyone ever see The Power of Beef/ Lateralus cover "puzzle"? That was awsome!! I wonder if this new puzzle is somehow similar??...
Old 05-05-2006, 07:45 PM   #9
Level 4 - Thinker

OK I have figured out one part of the puzzle... Every band member has a figure/ spirit on thier left side (our right)... Danny: fireball/energy, Justin: Bird, Maynard: Woman, Adam: Skeleton Well, I'm not sure what is going on with this yet but it has to be part of the "puzzle".... By the way, did anyone ever see The Power of Beef/ Lateralus cover "puzzle"? That was awsome!! I wonder if this new puzzle is somehow similar??...
xineax
05-05-2006, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amster1
I wonder if you just looked at my post or what at (8:33pm).

http://toolnavy.com/showthread.php?t=46119

Anyway, yeah, I think it may be significant.
Old 05-05-2006, 07:50 PM   #10
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 2

Quote:
I wonder if you just looked at my post or what at (8:33pm).

http://toolnavy.com/showthread.php?t=46119

Anyway, yeah, I think it may be significant.
amster1
05-05-2006, 08:02 PM

ok yeah I was just coming back to write that I just read this in another post just after I posted. oops, sorry but I swear I noticed that by myself... Well, good job maybe we are on to something...
Old 05-05-2006, 08:02 PM   #11
Level 4 - Thinker

ok yeah I was just coming back to write that I just read this in another post just after I posted. oops, sorry but I swear I noticed that by myself... Well, good job maybe we are on to something...
amster1
05-05-2006, 08:28 PM

Well, i tried the Power of Beef/ Lateralus trick with the four band member photos and then looked through the strereoscopic lenses and they all line up quite nice except for Dannys picture. Place the first page of Lateralus over the photos then look through the lenses, it appears as 2 "Laturalus spiral eye/flame columns" on each side where the curtains are, then one of the eye/flames lines up almost perfectly over each band member... except Danny.... Damn! I though maybe I was on to something there, because that trick absolutley works on The Power Of Beef's cover....
Old 05-05-2006, 08:28 PM   #12
Level 4 - Thinker

Well, i tried the Power of Beef/ Lateralus trick with the four band member photos and then looked through the strereoscopic lenses and they all line up quite nice except for Dannys picture. Place the first page of Lateralus over the photos then look through the lenses, it appears as 2 "Laturalus spiral eye/flame columns" on each side where the curtains are, then one of the eye/flames lines up almost perfectly over each band member... except Danny.... Damn! I though maybe I was on to something there, because that trick absolutley works on The Power Of Beef's cover....
mad017's Avatar mad017
05-05-2006, 08:40 PM

Quote:
that is very cool, but dissapointing that iit does not line up wiht danny.... but yes still very cool regardless.
Old 05-05-2006, 08:40 PM   #13
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
that is very cool, but dissapointing that iit does not line up wiht danny.... but yes still very cool regardless.
05-05-2006, 09:27 PM

Puzzled? yes i am...

Oh well, heres a bit on bird symbolism and what not:

There is a magpie in Adams photo. A single magpie means sorrow in British folklore.
Justin has an eagle which can mean a lot of things to a lot of different people, but there is a Turkish Shamanistic belief that holds the eagle as a guardian of heaven. When someone dies they are transformed into a bird and are guided by the eagle to heaven.

What else? Um...

Skeleton is a symbol of death. Maynard's lady may be his mother - could she be holding a "pillar of faith" in the background, while at the same time holding her son to her heart in the reflection?

Danny releases a sprite from his goblet. Well, he likes his magick, but maybe this could be another symbol of death in the form of spirit energy?

So, we have death, sorrow, spirit, mother, a journey to heaven (I must admit I am a bit dubious about this last one, using Turkish Shamanism might be stretching it a bit).
Old 05-05-2006, 09:27 PM   #14
Banned.

Bincount™: 1157

Puzzled? yes i am...

Oh well, heres a bit on bird symbolism and what not:

There is a magpie in Adams photo. A single magpie means sorrow in British folklore.
Justin has an eagle which can mean a lot of things to a lot of different people, but there is a Turkish Shamanistic belief that holds the eagle as a guardian of heaven. When someone dies they are transformed into a bird and are guided by the eagle to heaven.

What else? Um...

Skeleton is a symbol of death. Maynard's lady may be his mother - could she be holding a "pillar of faith" in the background, while at the same time holding her son to her heart in the reflection?

Danny releases a sprite from his goblet. Well, he likes his magick, but maybe this could be another symbol of death in the form of spirit energy?

So, we have death, sorrow, spirit, mother, a journey to heaven (I must admit I am a bit dubious about this last one, using Turkish Shamanism might be stretching it a bit).
amster1
05-05-2006, 09:30 PM

OK one more thing, I noticed that the items in every stereoscopic picture before each band members picture are located somewhere in that band members picture. Maybe someone else noticed this already if so, sorry... Here's what I mean: Skull/knife/tarot pic = items on Danny's desk, Bird pic = Justin's bird (obviously), Skull/fetus pic = Maynard's head in the mirror AND the woman's hand in the mirror is near the back of his skull where the fetus is in the skull/fetus pic, Formaldahyde (spelling?) jars/eggs/oxygen = items behind Adam. Hmmm... could this all be part of the puzzle too or am I looking too deep??...
Old 05-05-2006, 09:30 PM   #15
Level 4 - Thinker

OK one more thing, I noticed that the items in every stereoscopic picture before each band members picture are located somewhere in that band members picture. Maybe someone else noticed this already if so, sorry... Here's what I mean: Skull/knife/tarot pic = items on Danny's desk, Bird pic = Justin's bird (obviously), Skull/fetus pic = Maynard's head in the mirror AND the woman's hand in the mirror is near the back of his skull where the fetus is in the skull/fetus pic, Formaldahyde (spelling?) jars/eggs/oxygen = items behind Adam. Hmmm... could this all be part of the puzzle too or am I looking too deep??...
HalfASandwidch
05-05-2006, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by implandnoises
"Give me my, give me my, give me my wings" ?
Old 05-05-2006, 09:38 PM   #16
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 33

Quote:
"Give me my, give me my, give me my wings" ?
implandnoises's Avatar implandnoises
05-05-2006, 09:45 PM

I am beginning to doubt some of my observations now. My so called "pillar of faith" looks remarkably like the Empire State Building. Unless someone can get some kind of historical reference for this particular building having anything to do with what I was talking about then I think I might just stop looking too deep and go create something instead of wasting my time with this....

Anyway, have fun boys and girls!
Old 05-05-2006, 09:45 PM   #17
Banned.

Bincount™: 1157

I am beginning to doubt some of my observations now. My so called "pillar of faith" looks remarkably like the Empire State Building. Unless someone can get some kind of historical reference for this particular building having anything to do with what I was talking about then I think I might just stop looking too deep and go create something instead of wasting my time with this....

xineax
05-05-2006, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Eh, there's no exclusive ideas on here. With this puzzle, if it is actually one (it seems to be), then I just like figuring stuff out with people.
Old 05-05-2006, 09:45 PM   #18
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Eh, there's no exclusive ideas on here. With this puzzle, if it is actually one (it seems to be), then I just like figuring stuff out with people.
xineax
05-05-2006, 09:50 PM

[deleted, inaccurate]
Old 05-05-2006, 09:50 PM   #19
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

[deleted, inaccurate]
The Local Sitar Player's Avatar The Local Sitar Player
05-05-2006, 10:21 PM

http://toolnavy.com/showthread.php?t=45196

Check my post there. Im sure has something to do with that or opposing energy's.
Old 05-05-2006, 10:21 PM   #20
Level 4 - Thinker

http://toolnavy.com/showthread.php?t=45196

Check my post there. Im sure has something to do with that or opposing energy's.
fsd
05-05-2006, 10:36 PM

maynard's pic reminds me of taxi driver
Old 05-05-2006, 10:36 PM   #21
fsd
Level 1 - Lurker

peripheral
05-06-2006, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsd
yeah...what was that guys name? travis bickle?
Old 05-06-2006, 08:18 AM   #22
Banned.

Bincount™: 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsd
mike09's Avatar mike09
05-06-2006, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peripheral
yep
Old 05-06-2006, 08:32 AM   #23
Banned.

Bincount™: 664

Quote:
Originally Posted by peripheral
yep
peripheral
05-06-2006, 08:35 AM

clues...in danny's picture, if you look between the lantern and the curtains, there is an eye. am i seeing things?
Old 05-06-2006, 08:35 AM   #24
Banned.

Bincount™: 70

clues...in danny's picture, if you look between the lantern and the curtains, there is an eye. am i seeing things?
Steventh
05-06-2006, 08:40 AM

Alright, let's say there even is a puzzle with the pictures (remember, this is Blair we're talking about)...

What would it be trying to tell us? I'm confident it wouldn't be anything important or noteworthy. Probably be just a cool little trick that would be amusing for 20 seconds, than we'd forget about it.
Old 05-06-2006, 08:40 AM   #25

Alright, let's say there even is a puzzle with the pictures (remember, this is Blair we're talking about)...

What would it be trying to tell us? I'm confident it wouldn't be anything important or noteworthy. Probably be just a cool little trick that would be amusing for 20 seconds, than we'd forget about it.
05-06-2006, 09:26 AM

Ok, I think what we see in the stereoscopic pictures of the band members is what they've done in the last 5(?) years. Adam spent most time with the artwork, Maynard had fun with wine, a woman and two telephones, Justin took care about a falcon and Danny mostly read books.
Old 05-06-2006, 09:26 AM   #26
Level 4 - Thinker

Ok, I think what we see in the stereoscopic pictures of the band members is what they've done in the last 5(?) years. Adam spent most time with the artwork, Maynard had fun with wine, a woman and two telephones, Justin took care about a falcon and Danny mostly read books.
question93
05-06-2006, 09:30 AM

So, I'm sitting here meditating on each picture of the guys in the group on the CD. And I started with Justin's since his is the most simplistic of the pictures, and I came up with this.

He's a scorpio, born November 19th. Just barely a socripo, but a scopio none the less. Oddly enough, he's a fixed Fire sign, but if you'll notice he's got an eagle, which represent the highest nature of Scoprio, which is love. So, here's what Crowley has to say about scorpio:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleister Crowley -- LIber Aleph
Threefold is the Nature of Love: Eagle, Serpent, and Scorpion. And of these the Scorpion is he that, having no Lion of Light and Courage within him, seemeth to himself encircled by Fire, and, driving his Sting into himself, he dieth. Such are the Black Brothers, that cry: I am I; they that deny Love, restricting it to their own Nature. But the Serpent is the Secret Nature of Man, that is Life and Death, and maketh his Way through the Generations in Silence. And the Eagle is that Might of Love which is the Key of Magick, uplifting the Body and its Appurtenance unto High Ecstasy upon his Wings. It is by Virtue thereof that the Sphinx beholdeth the Sun unwinking, and confronteth the Pyramid without Shame.”2
He's surrounded by fire (candles) but is holding the eagle, which as Crowley states is the key of magick.

I think these pictures are LOADED with alchemical and hermetic meaning, if anyone would care to contribute I'm curious to see what you guys come up with. It tickles me pink that Danny has a Thoth tarot deck AND his dagger in his picture!!
Old 05-06-2006, 09:30 AM   #27

So, I'm sitting here meditating on each picture of the guys in the group on the CD. And I started with Justin's since his is the most simplistic of the pictures, and I came up with this.

He's a scorpio, born November 19th. Just barely a socripo, but a scopio none the less. Oddly enough, he's a fixed Fire sign, but if you'll notice he's got an eagle, which represent the highest nature of Scoprio, which is love. So, here's what Crowley has to say about scorpio:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleister Crowley -- LIber Aleph
Threefold is the Nature of Love: Eagle, Serpent, and Scorpion. And of these the Scorpion is he that, having no Lion of Light and Courage within him, seemeth to himself encircled by Fire, and, driving his Sting into himself, he dieth. Such are the Black Brothers, that cry: I am I; they that deny Love, restricting it to their own Nature. But the Serpent is the Secret Nature of Man, that is Life and Death, and maketh his Way through the Generations in Silence. And the Eagle is that Might of Love which is the Key of Magick, uplifting the Body and its Appurtenance unto High Ecstasy upon his Wings. It is by Virtue thereof that the Sphinx beholdeth the Sun unwinking, and confronteth the Pyramid without Shame.”2
He's surrounded by fire (candles) but is holding the eagle, which as Crowley states is the key of magick.

I think these pictures are LOADED with alchemical and hermetic meaning, if anyone would care to contribute I'm curious to see what you guys come up with. It tickles me pink that Danny has a Thoth tarot deck AND his dagger in his picture!!
05-06-2006, 09:54 AM

If you're a devotee of the Karrabantist school, sure, but I got past that in college......
Let us now, as Futurists, enter one of these hospitals for anaemic sounds. There: the first bar brings the boredom of familiarity to your ear and anticipates the boredom of the bar to follow. Let us relish, from bar to bar, two or three varieties of genuine boredom, waiting all the while for the extraordinary sensation that never comes.
Old 05-06-2006, 09:54 AM   #28
CCD
If nothing is everything I've got it all (tdn $upporter)

Bincount™: 5332

If you're a devotee of the Karrabantist school, sure, but I got past that in college......
Let us now, as Futurists, enter one of these hospitals for anaemic sounds. There: the first bar brings the boredom of familiarity to your ear and anticipates the boredom of the bar to follow. Let us relish, from bar to bar, two or three varieties of genuine boredom, waiting all the while for the extraordinary sensation that never comes.
I'll Eat Your Soul
05-06-2006, 12:23 PM

Can I just say, I really hope it's not all leading up to a cartoon a la the Smashing Pumpkins' Machina mystery.
Old 05-06-2006, 12:23 PM   #29
Level 2 - Poster

Can I just say, I really hope it's not all leading up to a cartoon a la the Smashing Pumpkins' Machina mystery.
xPOGOx's Avatar xPOGOx
05-06-2006, 12:26 PM

Quote:

You could try figuring something out about the Empire State Building, etc.
Old 05-06-2006, 12:26 PM   #30
I'd rather listen to Hanson.

Bincount™: 4

Quote:

You could try figuring something out about the Empire State Building, etc.
flyersfan
05-06-2006, 12:54 PM

OK, look closely at Dann'y picture. There appears to be the number "29" on flowers on the right side (the flowers in front of the curtain)
Old 05-06-2006, 12:54 PM   #31
Level 1 - Lurker

OK, look closely at Dann'y picture. There appears to be the number "29" on flowers on the right side (the flowers in front of the curtain)
khemystri's Avatar khemystri
05-06-2006, 03:20 PM

damnit... cant find my 10,000 days case :(
Old 05-06-2006, 03:20 PM   #32
Level 7 - Loquacious

damnit... cant find my 10,000 days case :(
garrnew
05-06-2006, 03:49 PM

I posted this as a new topic but perhaps it would better be addressed here but the knife on the table in Danny's picture and the preceding picture looks identical to the one in the movie The Shadow with Alec Baldwin. It's called the Phurba Knife.
Old 05-06-2006, 03:49 PM   #33
Level 2 - Poster

I posted this as a new topic but perhaps it would better be addressed here but the knife on the table in Danny's picture and the preceding picture looks identical to the one in the movie The Shadow with Alec Baldwin. It's called the Phurba Knife.
khemystri's Avatar khemystri
05-06-2006, 03:54 PM

can someone please post links to all the similar threads....

Im completely obsessed with this so called "puzzle"
Old 05-06-2006, 03:54 PM   #34
Level 7 - Loquacious

can someone please post links to all the similar threads....

Im completely obsessed with this so called "puzzle"
search
05-06-2006, 05:08 PM

Maynards reflection doesnt have that mohawk
Old 05-06-2006, 05:08 PM   #35
Level 1 - Lurker

godscuzn's Avatar godscuzn
05-06-2006, 05:18 PM

Has anybody ever stopped to think that mabey, just perhaps, that Maynard and them put this thing together and deliberately spread a rumor about a puzzle, just so they could show us how gullible we really are? Or fuck it mabey there is a puzzle, who knows? (excluding the obvious).
Old 05-06-2006, 05:18 PM   #36
Banned.

Bincount™: 119

Has anybody ever stopped to think that mabey, just perhaps, that Maynard and them put this thing together and deliberately spread a rumor about a puzzle, just so they could show us how gullible we really are? Or fuck it mabey there is a puzzle, who knows? (excluding the obvious).
Shadow_walker's Avatar Shadow_walker
05-06-2006, 05:24 PM

What is Danny grasping in his left hand?
Old 05-06-2006, 05:24 PM   #37
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 25

What is Danny grasping in his left hand?
Shadow_walker's Avatar Shadow_walker
05-06-2006, 05:27 PM

Also, the hand looking perch that the hawk sits on in page 7 is also in Adam's picture sitting on his desk to the right of him.. Hm.
Old 05-06-2006, 05:27 PM   #38
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 25

Also, the hand looking perch that the hawk sits on in page 7 is also in Adam's picture sitting on his desk to the right of him.. Hm.
TJP's Avatar TJP
05-06-2006, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by search
if you look close enough he does have a mohawk in the mirror reflection
Old 05-06-2006, 05:29 PM   #39
TJP

Quote:
Originally Posted by search
if you look close enough he does have a mohawk in the mirror reflection
trumbell's Avatar trumbell
05-06-2006, 08:04 PM

Just let me know when you bastards find this so called puzzle, listening to the recore instead
Old 05-06-2006, 08:04 PM   #40
Level 2 - Poster

Just let me know when you bastards find this so called puzzle, listening to the recore instead

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply