opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Lateralus » 06. Parabol
User Name
Password
Old 07-19-2006, 07:31 AM   #41
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: Danny drops his sticks

Ok first of all if danny carrey poked himself in the eye with a stick that STILL doesn't make him sloppy, that just means he was real f***ed up on hallucinogenic drugs. You really can't call danny carrey sloppy in any way...I'm sorry. You may not like his style... and if thats the case then you probably like pop music.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 03:21 AM   #42
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Well, I don't mind.
Old 07-25-2006, 11:00 AM   #43
Level 3 - Talker

I don't even hear it, first of all.

And if you think that they would use that take if he did, then you're crazy and obviously haven't been in a recording group at all. The only way they would leave that in is, as UFOtofu said, they were going for a "live" or "raw" sound. And Lateralus is pretty damn far from that.
Old 08-21-2006, 07:31 PM   #44
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Oh, he didn't drop any sticks. He threw them because he was angry. Some guy at the recording studio stole his tea and he threw it at his head.

Contact me at [email protected] for any questions or just to talk about Tool or anything.
Old 08-26-2006, 10:56 AM   #45
Level 4 - Thinker

So much negativity in here...

I haven't heard any of those "sounds" mentioned, but I have heard other great "sounds". I am not trying to be sarcastic or show some bad humour here, I am dead serious.

Have you noticed that little white noise in the beginning of The Patient? Don't know if it's all of the amps, the tape machines or whatever, but it makes the sound real, breathing and alive.

Parabol have fretnoises from Justins fingers moving around. It all adds to the textures. So when I hear something extra most band probably would have edited away I get thrilled.

There is even more, but I can't remember the exact tracks and time. I actually find it a pity that they have eliminated all excess noise on 10000 Days album, (all those Dolby machines they wrote about once on their newsletters) but not much.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: