opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Lateralus » 06. Parabol
User Name
Password
Old 10-19-2006, 09:04 PM   #1
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 4198
Hits me every time

Love this as an intro to Parabola. Probably been said here before, but, no one has posted lately.

Almost sounds like Maynard doing a solo number in church or something.

"Embracing you, this reality here" is where I really start getting chills. Gotta crank this one up to really feel it though, ya know.

Anyone still groovin' to this?
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 02:08 AM   #2
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 0
Re: Hits me every time

Parabol is probably one of my most favorite Tool songs ever. The vocals are so enchanting, the music so enveloping and omniscent.

...to tell the truth, one night I had an experience with mushrooms, and I had the urge to hear Lateralus with my newly acquired 'mental abilities', and back then is when I was sporting the "Holy Gift", or alternate track listing, which makes #6, Parabol, the first song. That night I truely believe I heard Parabol the way it was meant to be heard. Maybe I couldn't grasp the beauty of the song while sober, but the mushrooms allowed me to hear the music blend into one simple yet, elaborate motion, while each instrument and sound was very distinct.
Strangely, while I was hearing Parabol "for the first time" (as I like to say), I was also comprehending the lyrics along with it. The music could not set a better mood for what I was understanding, or what is being said in this song. It is truely one of the masterpieces.
I will forever remember Parabol as that spacey, inbetween place within the brain. That place where everything clicks, it all makes sense, and you feel peaceful, as the feeling fleets away...... and then bam, reality (Parabola). But the good thing about coming to reality this time, is that I have positive words and feelings that I can relate to, that help me in my everyday life.

So yeah, I'm still groovin' to this song...

sorry... been wanting to get that out.
Old 10-23-2006, 04:42 PM   #3
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 3208

Leads beautifully into Parabola, which forcefully wakes you up and soon blasts you into the first guitar solo.
Old 10-24-2006, 12:29 PM   #4
On Probation

Bincount™: 87

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkajdcjc View Post
Leads beautifully into Parabola, which forcefully wakes you up and soon blasts you into the first guitar solo.
yea, this actually happened to me the other night, i fell asleep in the middle of lateralus...during parabol apparently, and when parabola started i was rudely awaken, its all good when awake though
Old 10-24-2006, 01:17 PM   #5
Level 10 - Vehement

Quote:
Originally Posted by MORNING_GLORY View Post
Parabol is probably one of my most favorite Tool songs ever. The vocals are so enchanting, the music so enveloping and omniscent.

...to tell the truth, one night I had an experience with mushrooms, and I had the urge to hear Lateralus with my newly acquired 'mental abilities', and back then is when I was sporting the "Holy Gift", or alternate track listing, which makes #6, Parabol, the first song. That night I truely believe I heard Parabol the way it was meant to be heard. Maybe I couldn't grasp the beauty of the song while sober, but the mushrooms allowed me to hear the music blend into one simple yet, elaborate motion, while each instrument and sound was very distinct.
Strangely, while I was hearing Parabol "for the first time" (as I like to say), I was also comprehending the lyrics along with it. The music could not set a better mood for what I was understanding, or what is being said in this song. It is truely one of the masterpieces.
I will forever remember Parabol as that spacey, inbetween place within the brain. That place where everything clicks, it all makes sense, and you feel peaceful, as the feeling fleets away...... and then bam, reality (Parabola). But the good thing about coming to reality this time, is that I have positive words and feelings that I can relate to, that help me in my everyday life.

So yeah, I'm still groovin' to this song...

sorry... been wanting to get that out.
Oh hell yes, this song (whole album really), on mushrooms....Yes! Thats the ticket.

Thats a great way to describe it all man. You definitely get this song and I can tell that it touches you the way it does me. Nice post!
Old 10-29-2006, 05:41 PM   #6
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0

I love how it goes into parablola and it switchs tracks on the same chord, i love this song and it's a great intro to parabola

Last edited by Cooly; 10-29-2006 at 05:42 PM.. Reason: mispelling
Old 11-02-2006, 02:33 AM   #7
Level 10 - Vehement

Yeah, all of the parts blend together really well. Justin has that slow crawling bass line w/the effects and the cymbal work is really cool. As for Maynard, he's in that zone where there is no ego, sarcasm or anger, very in tune with his soul.

Thanks for posting everyone....Peace

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: