opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Live » Live Discussion
User Name
Password
Closed Thread
Old 05-16-2009, 02:33 AM   #5721
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 0
Re: General Tool tour questions / discussion (merged)

pre sale wtf? i havent tried for any tickets yet since no shows are very close but im pretty sure i saw a post on TA about presale, right?

fingers crossed for anything on the west coast!!!!!!!!

edit, nokia center looks like a great venue, im jealous.
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-16-2009, 03:09 AM   #5722
On Probation

Bincount™: 7922

ok, so i got my ticket for the NJ show.

who's coming witme?
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-16-2009, 06:53 AM   #5723
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1

If your trying online when you get to the "reCAPTCHA" page only type in the longest word of the two and then hit continue. It must be all letters and no #'s or symbols in it. Go on T.M. and try it you'll see. But if you can get to the box office or an outlet that's the way to go.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tabula.rassa View Post
...i bought online... and I really, really, felt like there was something screwy going on. i was right there... and as soon as i got to the "reCAPTCHA" thing, I had to enter the wierd ass words 9 different times, even though i never mis-typed anything, it said that I did (one of the things that I had to type was "Kevin Mi$letoe &6000", I almost lost it...) and probably delayed me from purchasing the tickets for a full 2 minutes. ...bullshit...

i'm thinking that next time i'll get in line at an actual ticketbastard location and see if i can do a little better...
9/24/01, 8/13/02, 8/15/02, 8/21/02, 10/24/02, 10/29/02, 5/4/06, 8/6/06, 8/27/06, 9/2/06, 9/3/06, 4/27/07, 4/28/07, 4/30/07, 12/7/07, 12/11/07, 7/12/10, 7/13/10, 1/14/12, 3/9/14, 3/11/14, 3/14/14, 10/31/15, 1/6/16, 1/7/16, 6/21/17, 6/23/17, 11/16/19, 11/18/19, 11/19/19, 1/14/20, 1/15/20, 1/17/20, 1/10/22, 10/17/23, 10/19/23, 10/20/23, 2/9/24, 2/10/24, 2/12/24, 2/14/24, 2/15/24
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-16-2009, 09:18 AM   #5724
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxicabgod View Post
mc/radio station type guy at nin show tonight said
july 21 ?? phx
us airways center
Called the station, and this was confirmed.
Denver 6/26/93; Albuquerque 3/14/97; Denver 8/10/97; Tacoma 11/8/01; Seattle 10/2/02; Tempe 5/6/06; Denver 8/30/06; Las Vegas 9/1/06; Phoenix 9/9/06; Tucson 5/6/07; Albuquerque 5/8/07; Las Vegas 12/14/07
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-16-2009, 12:26 PM   #5725
Level 3 - Talker

Need....more....dates....

Also..........need $70 ;x
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-16-2009, 01:18 PM   #5726
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 20

Just finished booking my flight to NY and buying a Sat ticket to All Points West. Definitely looking forward to a double bill of My Bloody Valentine/Tool. And my brother lives in the heart of the Village so it'll be good times. $550 for two people round trip to NY- wow! Amazing price.
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-16-2009, 02:33 PM   #5727

I'm looking for two tickets, located together, for the Nokia show in the SW Flight Deck.
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-16-2009, 03:04 PM   #5728
Level 10 - Vehement

Hmm. Do you guys think they'll do Jambi? I hope they do. I love that song!
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-16-2009, 03:24 PM   #5729
Level 10 - Vehement

What about Flood? Or Undertow? Think they'll do either one of those? I love those songs!

What about Pushit? Or Jimmy? Or the Grudge?

/just getting stoked here
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-16-2009, 03:28 PM   #5730
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 26

I'm sorry but I've researched the issue doggedly, and I can come to no other conclusion: Ticket brokering is just wrong. I feel I've heard every defense from every self-absorbed cynical capitalist out there defending the practice, but I see no benefits for anyone involved other than it's sole-beneficiary, the ticket broker.
I must say, I only think a show is sold out when the tickets are in the hands of the fans who will actually attend the concert. Dallas sells out within thirty minutes of the tickets going on sale they say. Oh but wait! There are all kinds of tickets out there! You can get tickets in any of the available spots and in just about any quantity! The only catch is you'll pay 4 or 5 times the face value. Even Ticketmaster has it's own ticket brokering service, TicketsNow. Essentially, Ticketmaster can purchase tickets from itself via TicketsNow and resell them at 300-400% the original price. How this is legal is completely beyond me.

What if we were to walk in the grocery store one day for some milk and come to find out someone has purchased all of it. The store manager tells us, "Hey it's okay, there's a guy with a cooler just outside our store selling gallons of milk for $25." One might be inclined to say, "What the fuck!! I can't afford that! This is bat-shit fucking crazy!!!" The manager then replies, "Well sir, our store opened at 10:00 am today. If you would have been here on time you could have got your milk for around 5 bucks. If you don't want to pay $25 for your milk, quit whining and just don't get any."
Of course in this analogy the grocery store is ticketmaster, the guy with the cooler selling the only milk in town is the broker, and the guy getting fucked in the ass is me, the customer wondering why in the hell the store sold all the milk in a few transactions in the first goddamned place.

Needless to say, I could use some tickets for the Dallas show. :(
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-16-2009, 03:33 PM   #5731
Level 10 - Vehement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesegreater View Post
I'm sorry but I've researched the issue doggedly, and I can come to no other conclusion: Ticket brokering is just wrong. I feel I've heard every defense from every self-absorbed cynical capitalist out there defending the practice, but I see no benefits for anyone involved other than it's sole-beneficiary, the ticket broker.
I must say, I only think a show is sold out when the tickets are in the hands of the fans who will actually attend the concert. Dallas sells out within thirty minutes of the tickets going on sale they say. Oh but wait! There are all kinds of tickets out there! You can get tickets in any of the available spots and in just about any quantity! The only catch is you'll pay 4 or 5 times the face value. Even Ticketmaster has it's own ticket brokering service, TicketsNow. Essentially, Ticketmaster can purchase tickets from itself via TicketsNow and resell them at 300-400% the original price. How this is legal is completely beyond me.

What if we were to walk in the grocery store one day for some milk and come to find out someone has purchased all of it. The store manager tells us, "Hey it's okay, there's a guy with a cooler just outside our store selling gallons of milk for $25." One might be inclined to say, "What the fuck!! I can't afford that! This is bat-shit fucking crazy!!!" The manager then replies, "Well sir, our store opened at 10:00 am today. If you would have been here on time you could have got your milk for around 5 bucks. If you don't want to pay $25 for your milk, quit whining and just don't get any."
Of course in this analogy the grocery store is ticketmaster, the guy with the cooler selling the only milk in town is the broker, and the guy getting fucked in the ass is me, the customer wondering why in the hell the store sold all the milk in a few transactions in the first goddamned place.

Needless to say, I could use some tickets for the Dallas show. :(
I'm feelin ya dude. It's not often I read a post about trying to buy milk and instead getting fucked in the ass. But that's why I come here!

Hang in there. Plenty of good people on these boards who move tickets at face value over time.
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-16-2009, 03:50 PM   #5732
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnyboy11 View Post
I'm feelin ya dude. It's not often I read a post about trying to buy milk and instead getting fucked in the ass. But that's why I come here!

Hang in there. Plenty of good people on these boards who move tickets at face value over time.
I've witnessed my share of good will here. As it stands I'm needing 6 tickets, together/separate, it really doesn't matter. It's a tall order I know, but I'll definitely exhaust all possible resources before I bend over for the big swinging capitalist dick that is ticket brokering.

On a lighter note, it would be awesome if they brought back some Pushit, The Grudge, or Parabola.

What do you guys think the odds are of them playing some unreleased tracks off of their next album?
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-16-2009, 04:54 PM   #5733
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
I've witnessed my share of good will here. As it stands I'm needing 6 tickets, together/separate, it really doesn't matter. It's a tall order I know, but I'll definitely exhaust all possible resources before I bend over for the big swinging capitalist dick that is ticket brokering.

On a lighter note, it would be awesome if they brought back some Pushit, The Grudge, or Parabola.

What do you guys think the odds are of them playing some unreleased tracks off of their next album?
A. Yes, The Grudge, B. To all, there are two senators that have brought up the issue to Congress of ticket brokering. Herb Kohl (D-Wi.) and Charles Schumer (D-NY). Who knows if they will do anything, but I did look into Kohl's words a bit more and he seemed damned serious about the anti-trust problems ticket brokering raises. Write your senator's a letter, ESPECIALLY if they're on a commerce committee. Maybe something good of it will come...sigh...can't we just burn down ticketmaster? I feel its become one of those intangible evils.
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-16-2009, 04:58 PM   #5734
Level 10 - Vehement

Quote:

I'd say the odds are pretty slim they do new material although we can sure hope! Rumor is they will change up the set from 10k Days with some older songs and do a few covers as well. Their cover of Zep's No Quarter is legendary and Puscifer's recent cover of Rocket Man live was excellent. I'm sure they have some tricks in their bag for this mini-tour.

musicmansf I agree with you. TM should burn. But Pearl Jam took them on at the height of their popularity and failed. I think short of a coalition of big artists refusing to tour with TM as their broker, or legislation as you suggest, we're stuck with their BS.
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-16-2009, 06:39 PM   #5735
The Lube

Bincount™: 5355

nokia is going to be the best show on this tour.
Old 05-16-2009, 06:57 PM   #5736
jwb
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:
I'd say the odds are pretty slim they do new material although we can sure hope! Rumor is they will change up the set from 10k Days with some older songs and do a few covers as well. .
Come on now. Lets not start rumors here.
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-16-2009, 07:02 PM   #5737
Level 10 - Vehement

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwb View Post
Come on now. Lets not start rumors here.
Oh man... I'll never post again if we adopt that rule!
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-16-2009, 07:30 PM   #5738
jwb
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:
Oh man... I'll never post again if we adopt that rule!
LOL!
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-16-2009, 07:37 PM   #5739
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicmansf View Post
B. To all, there are two senators that have brought up the issue to Congress of ticket brokering. Herb Kohl (D-Wi.) and Charles Schumer (D-NY). Who knows if they will do anything, but I did look into Kohl's words a bit more and he seemed damned serious about the anti-trust problems ticket brokering raises. Write your senator's a letter, ESPECIALLY if they're on a commerce committee. Maybe something good of it will come...sigh...can't we just burn down ticketmaster? I feel its become one of those intangible evils.
Politely disagree. I think congress has more important things to do. I can't stand it when politicians start getting involved with shit like this when there are much bigger issues to be dealt with.

Spectre going after the Patriots for taping practices? Holding hearings on the BCS (Bowl Championship Series for you non-college football fans)

I'm not completely blaming the band but how can other bands get away without using ticketmaster or livenation? At least for presales? NIN and JA used presales for good portions of their tour. It didn't cost me a dime to join the NIN fan club and I got great seats with no fees. And I have to show ID at will call to get the tickets.

Hell, TM could limit it to certain zip codes. They do that with sporting events every so often. If your credit card billing zip isn't close to the venue, you get denied. How pissed off would some people be if they did that?

I followed the Grateful Dead for the summers of 92-95. I'm a tool fan now. I know, odd mix. Anyway, they used to sell at least of half of their tickets through a mail system. Send in a 3x5 notecard with a money order, get tickets or get your money back before they went on sale.

This tour seems to be being put together very haphazardly. Almost like an afterthought.

Don't get me wrong. Scalpers suck ass. TM sucks ass for not doing more to prevent it. Band could do more to prevent it. And we could refuse to buy for more than face. Lot of blame to go around.
Old 05-16-2009, 08:36 PM   #5740
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 2

Chee chee christs man!!! Thats super cheap!!! What you flying freight???

Quote:
Just finished booking my flight to NY and buying a Sat ticket to All Points West. Definitely looking forward to a double bill of My Bloody Valentine/Tool. And my brother lives in the heart of the Village so it'll be good times. $550 for two people round trip to NY- wow! Amazing price.
Old 05-16-2009, 09:56 PM   #5741
Level 10 - Vehement

Quote:
Originally Posted by aevasquez View Post
Chee chee christs man!!! Thats super cheap!!! What you flying freight???
You kiddin ijo? I am goin first class! Wife's goin in the luggage compartment! hahahahaa!

... errr, what's that honey? Take out the garbage? Yes dear...

:)

Seriously tho, it's amazing how cheap airfares are right now. You know anywhere you could stay in NY Angel? Make it happen! Sure, we're gonna get a So CA show eventually. But I love travelling to see this band.
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-17-2009, 12:19 AM   #5742
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

So I am glad tickets are easy to get for the Denver show - no way Mile High sells out, so I am planning on getting tickets at the door day of the show. However, Nokia seems like an awesome venue, and I am afraid TOOL will be 'warming up' at Mile High (since it's their first show in a while) so I don't expect the best show I've ever seen out of the dudes. But to get an easy $90 ticket with no seat assignment seems like a hell of a deal with those outrageous ebay ticket prices for the other TOOL only shows. Looking forward to the 18th of July, thats for sure!

http://www.djouls.com/davematthews/i...Festival_b.jpg

The link shows last years festival with DMB headlining. Seems like Junior could put on a great visual show with that layout. Counting the days....
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-17-2009, 02:22 AM   #5743
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDubbs View Post

http://www.djouls.com/davematthews/i...Festival_b.jpg

The link shows last years festival with DMB headlining. Seems like Junior could put on a great visual show with that layout. Counting the days....
It looks like the DMB touring production in that photo. It would be different this year.
I'm hoping that we will be able to use our touring system at Mile High Fest, but I don't know the logistics yet.
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-17-2009, 07:09 AM   #5744
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by junior View Post
It looks like the DMB touring production in that photo. It would be different this year.
I'm hoping that we will be able to use our touring system at Mile High Fest, but I don't know the logistics yet.
Let us know junior that might make me change my mind and actually attend this show if its not one of the things where your forced to use whatever they have there and get to use the equipment you want
08/30/06 Englewood,CO Coors Ampitheater, 05/08/2007 Albuquerque,NM Tingley Coliseum, 11/19/2007 Tulsa,OK Tulsa Convention Center,07/18/09 Denver,CO MileHighMusicFestival, 06/23/10 Oklahoma City,OK Ford Center, 06/28/10 Morrison,CO Red Rocks, 01/20/12 Grand Prairie,TX Verizon Theater, 01/21/12 Grand Prairie, TX Verizon Theater, 01/16/2016 Tulsa, OK BOK Center, 10/26/2016 Denver, CO Pepsi Center, 10/28/2016 Little Rock,AR Verizon Arena, 05/13/2019 St. Louis, MO Enterprise Arena, 05/14/2019 Kansas City, MO Sprint Center, 10/29/2019 BOK Center Tulsa,OK, 01/30/2022 Tulsa, OK BOK Center, 10/03/23 Loveland, CO Budweiser Event Center
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-17-2009, 10:23 AM   #5745
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

hey guys, been following this thread for a while, but just made an account today. anyone think this tour will extend past the lollapalooza (or maybe the MN?) date, or do you think thatll be it?
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-17-2009, 11:11 AM   #5746
Level 10 - Vehement

So if PHX is Tuesday the 21st. I wonder if that puts So Cal and or Vegas the prev weekend 18-19?
08/07/93 - 11/20/94 - 11/09/96 - 06/25/97 - 03/29/98 - 08/03/01 -10/9/01 - 10/10/01 - 11/09/02 - 05/08/06 - 11/09/06 - 06/25/07 - 05/29/07 - 6/01/07 - 06/02/07 - 07/22/09 - 08/08/09 - 06/29/10 - 07/12/10 - 07/15/10- 01/14/2012 - 03/12/2014 - 03/13/2014 - 03/16/2014 - 10/22/2015 - 06/21/2017- 10/13/19 - 10/21/19 - 11/24/19 - 01/15/20 - 02/05/22 - 03/03/22

Corex says:
June 12, 2010 at 1:50 am

"Yeah Tool is fucking amazing. But there’s a big chunk of their fan base that think they’ve become thought provoking geniuses just from listening to them."
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-17-2009, 11:13 AM   #5747
Level 10 - Vehement

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHarv35 View Post
hey guys, been following this thread for a while, but just made an account today. anyone think this tour will extend past the lollapalooza (or maybe the MN?) date, or do you think thatll be it?
We are all in the dark (except the ones who arent) - it's all speculation at this point...
08/07/93 - 11/20/94 - 11/09/96 - 06/25/97 - 03/29/98 - 08/03/01 -10/9/01 - 10/10/01 - 11/09/02 - 05/08/06 - 11/09/06 - 06/25/07 - 05/29/07 - 6/01/07 - 06/02/07 - 07/22/09 - 08/08/09 - 06/29/10 - 07/12/10 - 07/15/10- 01/14/2012 - 03/12/2014 - 03/13/2014 - 03/16/2014 - 10/22/2015 - 06/21/2017- 10/13/19 - 10/21/19 - 11/24/19 - 01/15/20 - 02/05/22 - 03/03/22

Corex says:
June 12, 2010 at 1:50 am

"Yeah Tool is fucking amazing. But there’s a big chunk of their fan base that think they’ve become thought provoking geniuses just from listening to them."
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-17-2009, 11:48 AM   #5748
jwb
Level 9 - Obstreperous

For those with AD-HD

July 18 Denver
July 19 Salt Lake City
July 21 Phoenix
July 25 Dallas
Aug 1 Jersey City
Aug 8 Chicago
Aug 9 St. Paul (tentative)
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-17-2009, 12:20 PM   #5749
The Lube

Junior: Any idea on who's going to be the opening band?
Old 05-17-2009, 01:21 PM   #5750

Bincount™: 12

Quote:
For those with AD-HD

July 18 Denver
July 19 Salt Lake City
July 21 Phoenix
July 25 Dallas
Aug 1 Jersey City
Aug 8 Chicago
Aug 9 St. Paul (tentative)
forgot July 26 Houston and July 31 Boston (both tentative)
Atlanta, GA - 7/27/09 | Fairfax, VA - 7/30/09
All Points West, NJ - 8/01/09
Kansas City, MO - 6/25/10 | St. Louis, MO - 6/26/10
Sacramento, CA - 7/13/10
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-17-2009, 01:37 PM   #5751
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganjalf View Post
Junior: Any idea on who's going to be the opening band?
Not even speculation.
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-17-2009, 01:40 PM   #5752
jwb
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:
Originally Posted by cirkus View Post
Linky?
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-17-2009, 01:54 PM   #5753
jwb
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:
Originally Posted by monko View Post
Junior, interesting thing about the band members choosing the openers, taking turns for this. If possible, could you tell us who picked:
junior. Close???

Melt Banana - MJK
Messhuggah - Danny
The Melvins - Adam (or all 4)
Fantomas - Adam
Tomahawk - Adam
Mastodon - Danny
Isis - Justin
Big Business - Adam
Tricky - MJK
Russian Circles - Justin
Psychcotica - MJK
King Crimson - Danny
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-17-2009, 03:35 PM   #5754
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by cirkus View Post
Comcast Center and the Garden are both occupied by Keith Urban and Depeche Mode on 7/31, so I think we can say the Boston date is not correct.

Last edited by chunga; 05-17-2009 at 03:39 PM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-17-2009, 04:04 PM   #5755
Level 3 - Talker

Well I guess it's that time again to dust-off this old username login and get this account up to full speed.

Last phoenix show I stood in line at ticketmaster and barely got acceptable seats. Of course we all had to wait for the first person in line who couldn't afford the tickets.

Be poor on your own time. I'm kidding of course. (but really, check your card balance the night before)
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-17-2009, 04:17 PM   #5756
Level 7 - Loquacious

I've decided to save my money and buy two tix at almost 300bucks a piece to goto the Dallas show. I hate supporting fucking scalpers but I like seeing tool to much and that venue just looks amazing.
08/30/06 Englewood,CO Coors Ampitheater, 05/08/2007 Albuquerque,NM Tingley Coliseum, 11/19/2007 Tulsa,OK Tulsa Convention Center,07/18/09 Denver,CO MileHighMusicFestival, 06/23/10 Oklahoma City,OK Ford Center, 06/28/10 Morrison,CO Red Rocks, 01/20/12 Grand Prairie,TX Verizon Theater, 01/21/12 Grand Prairie, TX Verizon Theater, 01/16/2016 Tulsa, OK BOK Center, 10/26/2016 Denver, CO Pepsi Center, 10/28/2016 Little Rock,AR Verizon Arena, 05/13/2019 St. Louis, MO Enterprise Arena, 05/14/2019 Kansas City, MO Sprint Center, 10/29/2019 BOK Center Tulsa,OK, 01/30/2022 Tulsa, OK BOK Center, 10/03/23 Loveland, CO Budweiser Event Center
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-17-2009, 04:29 PM   #5757

We need a thread for the Dallas show on this site!!!!!!
5-11-07__5-19-07__ 6-22-07__11-16-07__ 11-19-07__7-25-09__6-23-10__1-21-12__3-24-14__3-25-14__10-31-15__1-14-16__1-16-16__1-17-16__10-28-16__5-30-17__5-19-19__11-03-19__02-01-20__01-30-2022__03-10-2022__03-17-2022
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-17-2009, 04:55 PM   #5758
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
junior. Close???

Melt Banana - MJK
Messhuggah - Danny
The Melvins - Adam (or all 4)
Fantomas - Adam
Tomahawk - Adam
Mastodon - Danny
Isis - Justin
Big Business - Adam
Tricky - MJK
Russian Circles - Justin
Psychcotica - MJK
King Crimson - Danny
I'd say some of those are accurate. I don't remember who picked some of them, and there are some that I never asked/heard. Some are in a grey area since they weren't just one's idea.
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-17-2009, 05:21 PM   #5759

I guess I need an opinion from someone who's been to the Nokia in Dallas. I have a choice between sitting at the mid right side of the SW Flight Deck or middle of section 205. Any suggestions about which I should choose?
10/23/01 Oklahoma City, OK - 7/25/02 Tulsa, OK - 11/16/02 Oklahoma City, OK - 9/14/06 Dallas, TX - 5/11/07 Wichita, KS - 5/19/07 Oklahoma City, OK - 11/19/07 Tulsa, OK - 7/24/09 San Antonio, TX - 7/25/09 Dallas, TX - 6/23/10 Oklahoma City, OK
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-17-2009, 05:36 PM   #5760
The Lube

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sven View Post
I guess I need an opinion from someone who's been to the Nokia in Dallas. I have a choice between sitting at the mid right side of the SW Flight Deck or middle of section 205. Any suggestions about which I should choose?
Just pick the one that's closest

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: