stinkfist extended
46 & 2
Schism extended
rosetta stoned
flood
lateralus
vicarious

DO NOT POST IF YOU WERE NOT AT THE SHOW

If you have a review of the show, cool, post it. Everything that is not a show review will be deleted.

Last edited by paraflux; 08-14-2007 at 11:37 AM..
Old 07-09-2007, 08:07 AM   #1
Banned.

Bincount™: 9070
2007/08/13 - Budapest, Hungary - Sziget Festival

jambi
stinkfist extended
46 & 2
Schism extended
rosetta stoned
flood
lateralus
vicarious

DO NOT POST IF YOU WERE NOT AT THE SHOW

If you have a review of the show, cool, post it. Everything that is not a show review will be deleted.

Last edited by paraflux; 08-14-2007 at 11:37 AM..
OFFLINE |  
Lipka679's Avatar Lipka679
08-13-2007, 03:30 PM

jambi
stinkfist extended (no scream)
46 & 2
Schism extended
rosetta stoned
flood
lateralus
vicarious (half scream)

Monitors went out during Rosetta and only came back at the end of Lateralus.
Not one of their best shows...or maybe im spoiled.
Old 08-13-2007, 03:30 PM   #2
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/08/13 - Budapest, Hungary - Sziget Festival

jambi
stinkfist extended (no scream)
46 & 2
Schism extended
rosetta stoned
flood
lateralus
vicarious (half scream)

Monitors went out during Rosetta and only came back at the end of Lateralus.
Not one of their best shows...or maybe im spoiled.
OFFLINE |  
Tomica's Avatar Tomica
08-14-2007, 12:09 AM

setlist is correct,also they had a long ambient intro before flood,extended version of Lateralus,Danny`s solo was just amazing,maynard wasnt talkative,just before vicarious he thanked us and said hope to see you soon so i guess maybe another europe tour later on,lets hope
Anyway a good show(my 2nd Tool show) not the best one i`ve been to but its festival so short show was to be expected,i hope in Belgrade wiil be a full 2 hour show.
Sep 5th `07
--------------------
Old 08-14-2007, 12:09 AM   #3
Level 2 - Poster

setlist is correct,also they had a long ambient intro before flood,extended version of Lateralus,Danny`s solo was just amazing,maynard wasnt talkative,just before vicarious he thanked us and said hope to see you soon so i guess maybe another europe tour later on,lets hope
Anyway a good show(my 2nd Tool show) not the best one i`ve been to but its festival so short show was to be expected,i hope in Belgrade wiil be a full 2 hour show.
Sep 5th `07
--------------------
OFFLINE |  
wizdog
08-14-2007, 01:12 AM

This had been my third show so I may not have the right to be negative, but for me this was a B- concert. Kind of a half steam show. Especially after the in Vienna last year...
We did not get the soft part in Lateralus, the last two high pitched lines from Vicarious, no wings for Marie/10,000 days duo, no Lost Keys. I partly blame the crowd, and the fact that they put the show nearly to the end of the festival. Not to mention we also had a NIN show on saturday. Can any body tell whether TOOL is good in an outdoor show? With a sounding like this out door kills it, and only noise remains....
Sigh...
Old 08-14-2007, 01:12 AM   #4
Level 1 - Lurker

This had been my third show so I may not have the right to be negative, but for me this was a B- concert. Kind of a half steam show. Especially after the in Vienna last year...
We did not get the soft part in Lateralus, the last two high pitched lines from Vicarious, no wings for Marie/10,000 days duo, no Lost Keys. I partly blame the crowd, and the fact that they put the show nearly to the end of the festival. Not to mention we also had a NIN show on saturday. Can any body tell whether TOOL is good in an outdoor show? With a sounding like this out door kills it, and only noise remains....
Sigh...
OFFLINE |  
fugitive538's Avatar fugitive538
08-14-2007, 08:31 AM

Well, well.
My third Tool show, and the "weakest" of them. (the others: 06 June Novarock -proof that they can sound good on festivals-, and 06 november, wien, stadthalle.)
I believe that the hungarian staff could be blamed for the errors of the show, they didnt sound loud enough (imho), Maynard's voice was barely audible, the projection screens went out during the intro to Flood, and only came back somwhere during Lateralus.
And not to forget the irritating crowd, with unnecessary waves of pressure, some pogo from around the 6th and 7th line, etc. (looks like hngarian people are that bad of an audience, or just Sziget attracts morons from all around the world, two days before NIN did a great show, but the crowd was irritating there too.)
And finally, - i believe due to some social problems with the civil community of the city (dont forget that Sziget is an island on the Danube inside Budapest)- all concerts on the main stage were allowed till 11 o'clock, hence the short setlist.
Anyway, Tool did quite a good job, Justin and Danny were very active as usual, Adam unfortunately had some small problems with his sound (btw Adam loks funny now that he ties his hair up and has a small beard and mustache:)), Maynard did all of the show facing the back of the stage, and looked a little tired, and pissed of by the errors, and -probably due to the intense touring- didn't sing every part of the songs, for e.g. the usual parts of vicarious, or the screams and the "overwhelmed as..." part in rosetta stoned, etc.
So not the best of Tool shows, a bit sad if it was someone's first live Tool experience, but still a good show.

Last edited by fugitive538; 08-14-2007 at 08:34 AM..
Old 08-14-2007, 08:31 AM   #5
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1

Well, well.
My third Tool show, and the "weakest" of them. (the others: 06 June Novarock -proof that they can sound good on festivals-, and 06 november, wien, stadthalle.)
I believe that the hungarian staff could be blamed for the errors of the show, they didnt sound loud enough (imho), Maynard's voice was barely audible, the projection screens went out during the intro to Flood, and only came back somwhere during Lateralus.
And not to forget the irritating crowd, with unnecessary waves of pressure, some pogo from around the 6th and 7th line, etc. (looks like hngarian people are that bad of an audience, or just Sziget attracts morons from all around the world, two days before NIN did a great show, but the crowd was irritating there too.)
And finally, - i believe due to some social problems with the civil community of the city (dont forget that Sziget is an island on the Danube inside Budapest)- all concerts on the main stage were allowed till 11 o'clock, hence the short setlist.
Anyway, Tool did quite a good job, Justin and Danny were very active as usual, Adam unfortunately had some small problems with his sound (btw Adam loks funny now that he ties his hair up and has a small beard and mustache:)), Maynard did all of the show facing the back of the stage, and looked a little tired, and pissed of by the errors, and -probably due to the intense touring- didn't sing every part of the songs, for e.g. the usual parts of vicarious, or the screams and the "overwhelmed as..." part in rosetta stoned, etc.
So not the best of Tool shows, a bit sad if it was someone's first live Tool experience, but still a good show.

Last edited by fugitive538; 08-14-2007 at 08:34 AM..
OFFLINE |  
szeg
08-14-2007, 10:39 AM

It is not the Hungarian audience to be blamed. Around 60% of the crowd was made up of people from other country. But yeah, the audience was really annoying sometimes.
Old 08-14-2007, 10:39 AM   #6
Level 1 - Lurker

It is not the Hungarian audience to be blamed. Around 60% of the crowd was made up of people from other country. But yeah, the audience was really annoying sometimes.
OFFLINE |  
RalphyS
08-21-2007, 02:02 AM

Well it wasn't that bad, the worst Tool-show is most of the times better than many other concerts and it was not really a bad show.

It was my 4th concert of the 10,000 days tour (6th overall), but the first one in 2007.

I do have to say it was the first time that Jambi didn't make me think, wow, this is a really great song, it didn't have the energy of the other performances.

This show was a great show for those who like the progressive part of Tool's music, it was more about the instruments that about Maynard's voice, although I didn't actually realise at the concert himself that he had throat-problems, I read about that later when he cancelled some shows.

I did hope for a longer setlist, especially since Chris Cornell didn't perform, but this seems to be the new setlist for the moment. They could have played longer, I think the other headliners on other days played longer and they started later.

Nine Inch Nails sucked btw, The Killers were great.

My favourite part was Flood with the drumsolos of Danny, very intense. I think it was my Flood-debut. Lateralus was great too, although it isn't my favourite song.

To be honest, for me they could do without Stinkfist, 46 & 2 and Schism in their setlist, not that the songs were performed badly or that they aren't good songs, but I would like to hear them perform other songs.

Next to Jambi and Vicarious as a closer (the second highlight for me) they only played Rosetta Stoned from their latest album, which isn't my favourite either. I was lucky enough to see Wings/10000 days earlier, but I would have preferred The pot or Right in two also.

I must admit I was busy taking a lot of pictures during the show (on earlier occassions indoors, cameras weren't allowed), but still the show was way above average (at least in general music terms, but I do know Tool can be much better).
Old 08-21-2007, 02:02 AM   #7
Level 4 - Thinker

Well it wasn't that bad, the worst Tool-show is most of the times better than many other concerts and it was not really a bad show.

It was my 4th concert of the 10,000 days tour (6th overall), but the first one in 2007.

I do have to say it was the first time that Jambi didn't make me think, wow, this is a really great song, it didn't have the energy of the other performances.

This show was a great show for those who like the progressive part of Tool's music, it was more about the instruments that about Maynard's voice, although I didn't actually realise at the concert himself that he had throat-problems, I read about that later when he cancelled some shows.

I did hope for a longer setlist, especially since Chris Cornell didn't perform, but this seems to be the new setlist for the moment. They could have played longer, I think the other headliners on other days played longer and they started later.

Nine Inch Nails sucked btw, The Killers were great.

My favourite part was Flood with the drumsolos of Danny, very intense. I think it was my Flood-debut. Lateralus was great too, although it isn't my favourite song.

To be honest, for me they could do without Stinkfist, 46 & 2 and Schism in their setlist, not that the songs were performed badly or that they aren't good songs, but I would like to hear them perform other songs.

Next to Jambi and Vicarious as a closer (the second highlight for me) they only played Rosetta Stoned from their latest album, which isn't my favourite either. I was lucky enough to see Wings/10000 days earlier, but I would have preferred The pot or Right in two also.

I must admit I was busy taking a lot of pictures during the show (on earlier occassions indoors, cameras weren't allowed), but still the show was way above average (at least in general music terms, but I do know Tool can be much better).
08-26-2007, 09:40 AM

It's true that it wasn't their best show, but it also wasn't a bad one.
I was standing near the soundboard and the sound was good, so those of you complaining about the bad sound should maybe think about standing a bit away from the stage. The sound is better and there's no body surfing and pushing. Well, the concert feeling and the view is another thing.

You also shouldn't complain about the crew. I went to the soundcheck at about 1 pm and asked their roadie if the band members were coming to the soundcheck. He replied: "There isn't gonna be a soundcheck at all." That's why the guitar was a bit quiet during the first song, but then they managed to get it better. So if the band had taken the time to have a soundcheck...

And Maynard wasn't himself, since they cancelled the gig after at Frequency festival 2 days later.

Anyway, looking forward to the Zagreb gig in 9 days.
Hope I'll be able to register at DIME and get the Sziget bootleg.

I've added links to a few pics.

http://www4.slikomat.com/07/0826/570819pqt5.jpg
http://www4.slikomat.com/07/0826/430819xb49.jpg
http://www4.slikomat.com/07/0826/170819jyer.jpg
http://www4.slikomat.com/07/0826/180819l1at.jpg
http://www4.slikomat.com/07/0826/150819a248.jpg

Last edited by paraflux; 08-27-2007 at 05:14 AM..
Old 08-26-2007, 09:40 AM   #8
Level 1 - Lurker

It's true that it wasn't their best show, but it also wasn't a bad one.
I was standing near the soundboard and the sound was good, so those of you complaining about the bad sound should maybe think about standing a bit away from the stage. The sound is better and there's no body surfing and pushing. Well, the concert feeling and the view is another thing.

You also shouldn't complain about the crew. I went to the soundcheck at about 1 pm and asked their roadie if the band members were coming to the soundcheck. He replied: "There isn't gonna be a soundcheck at all." That's why the guitar was a bit quiet during the first song, but then they managed to get it better. So if the band had taken the time to have a soundcheck...

And Maynard wasn't himself, since they cancelled the gig after at Frequency festival 2 days later.

Anyway, looking forward to the Zagreb gig in 9 days.
Hope I'll be able to register at DIME and get the Sziget bootleg.

I've added links to a few pics.

http://www4.slikomat.com/07/0826/570819pqt5.jpg
http://www4.slikomat.com/07/0826/430819xb49.jpg
http://www4.slikomat.com/07/0826/170819jyer.jpg
http://www4.slikomat.com/07/0826/180819l1at.jpg
http://www4.slikomat.com/07/0826/150819a248.jpg

Last edited by paraflux; 08-27-2007 at 05:14 AM..
OFFLINE |  
imbra
08-27-2007, 03:21 AM

Well, I was also just in front of the soundboard and I have to say that the sound was pretty bad. Maybe it was just beacuse my expectations were too high after the show at Novarock last year, which was probably the best sounding concert I have ever been to. That concert was what got me into Tool in the first place.

All in all I was very dissapointed. Again, maybe that's just because of my high expectations and maybe it's because nine inch nails had a totaly amazing concert two days earlyer on the same stage. Before the gig I planned to go to the Belgrade show on the 5. september, but after the sloppy concert I decided I wasn't gonna go after all. I wouldn't want to risk another let down.
Old 08-27-2007, 03:21 AM   #9
Level 1 - Lurker

Well, I was also just in front of the soundboard and I have to say that the sound was pretty bad. Maybe it was just beacuse my expectations were too high after the show at Novarock last year, which was probably the best sounding concert I have ever been to. That concert was what got me into Tool in the first place.

All in all I was very dissapointed. Again, maybe that's just because of my high expectations and maybe it's because nine inch nails had a totaly amazing concert two days earlyer on the same stage. Before the gig I planned to go to the Belgrade show on the 5. september, but after the sloppy concert I decided I wasn't gonna go after all. I wouldn't want to risk another let down.
OFFLINE |  
SikThSenSe's Avatar SikThSenSe
09-03-2007, 01:20 PM

Nice to hear some of "I" by Meshuggah on before the Tool set, every other time I've seen them it's been tracks off Catch 33.

Anyone know the name of the country song that was also on before tool? Lyrics were hilarious.
Old 09-03-2007, 01:20 PM   #10
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 1

Nice to hear some of "I" by Meshuggah on before the Tool set, every other time I've seen them it's been tracks off Catch 33.

Anyone know the name of the country song that was also on before tool? Lyrics were hilarious.
09-03-2007, 06:46 PM

Also disappointed. Not much with the setlist, because a short show was to be expected, and it was absolutely amazing seeing Flood, but mostly with Maynard's lack of interest. That's also something to be expected, as he obviously no longer has the fire he used to have, but not to sing any high pitched melodies is simply intolerable, it totally ruined the show. When the "Overwhelmed as one would be..." part of Rosetta came, he didn't even bother to sing it and I couldn't believe it. Even Justin looked over his shoulder to see what the fuck was going on. The climax of the song and the singer remains mute.

Reading about Maynard's throat problems a bit later, I chilled a bit. I can't put much blame onto him, but he really should put more effort and not save his voice all the time. Whatever happened to the man who never missed a note and sang everything a few years ago?

Granted, festivals are not their natural environment, but the band was also not at their best. They fell apart at the end of Rosetta and I still remember the expression of helplessness on Danny's face. The fact that the computer crashed didn't help either. The projector showed the page on the laptop screen that reported the crash, and I thought that was actually the planned backdrop for Flood, hahaha! People occasionally booed them, and while I didn't, I can't really blame them. The worst Tool show I've seen, really half-steam as someone said. The band looked kind of embarrassed in the end, as if they couldn't believe that they were actually applauded. They hugged merely because that's the way they end shows, but one could tell they were uncomfortable.

I really hope they get in better form for the shows to follow.
Old 09-03-2007, 06:46 PM   #11
Level 2 - Poster

Also disappointed. Not much with the setlist, because a short show was to be expected, and it was absolutely amazing seeing Flood, but mostly with Maynard's lack of interest. That's also something to be expected, as he obviously no longer has the fire he used to have, but not to sing any high pitched melodies is simply intolerable, it totally ruined the show. When the "Overwhelmed as one would be..." part of Rosetta came, he didn't even bother to sing it and I couldn't believe it. Even Justin looked over his shoulder to see what the fuck was going on. The climax of the song and the singer remains mute.

Reading about Maynard's throat problems a bit later, I chilled a bit. I can't put much blame onto him, but he really should put more effort and not save his voice all the time. Whatever happened to the man who never missed a note and sang everything a few years ago?

Granted, festivals are not their natural environment, but the band was also not at their best. They fell apart at the end of Rosetta and I still remember the expression of helplessness on Danny's face. The fact that the computer crashed didn't help either. The projector showed the page on the laptop screen that reported the crash, and I thought that was actually the planned backdrop for Flood, hahaha! People occasionally booed them, and while I didn't, I can't really blame them. The worst Tool show I've seen, really half-steam as someone said. The band looked kind of embarrassed in the end, as if they couldn't believe that they were actually applauded. They hugged merely because that's the way they end shows, but one could tell they were uncomfortable.

I really hope they get in better form for the shows to follow.
OFFLINE |  

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply