Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » 01. Vicarious
User Name
Password
Opiate Son's Avatar Opiate Son
09-05-2006, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paper_head View Post
Damn. I wish Columbus had a rock station like that. The Blitz and The Big Wazu only play Tool's songs that were released as singles and nothing else, in between Linkin Park, Limp Bizkit, Nickleback and a bunch of other bands I hate. That's why my car radio is always tuned to the AM stations.

Anyone else dig the Al Franken show on Air America?
he's right, i live in Columbus too and i'm usually not patient enough to wait for a Tool song on the radio, too much dumb shit in between.
Old 09-05-2006, 12:23 PM   #81
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 43
Re: Is Vicarious getting overplayed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by paper_head View Post
Damn. I wish Columbus had a rock station like that. The Blitz and The Big Wazu only play Tool's songs that were released as singles and nothing else, in between Linkin Park, Limp Bizkit, Nickleback and a bunch of other bands I hate. That's why my car radio is always tuned to the AM stations.

Anyone else dig the Al Franken show on Air America?
he's right, i live in Columbus too and i'm usually not patient enough to wait for a Tool song on the radio, too much dumb shit in between.
09-05-2006, 02:03 PM

I've only heard Vicarious on the radio twice. And the first time was the day it was released."
Old 09-05-2006, 02:03 PM   #82
Banned.

Bincount™: 0

I've only heard Vicarious on the radio twice. And the first time was the day it was released."
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
guitarpete987
09-05-2006, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitamin View Post
I haven't heard the song on the radio in about 3 months. I don't think it's getting overplayed. Then again, I don't listen to the radio often.
Old 09-05-2006, 02:27 PM   #83
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitamin View Post
I haven't heard the song on the radio in about 3 months. I don't think it's getting overplayed. Then again, I don't listen to the radio often.
jennifer_garner's Avatar jennifer_garner
09-05-2006, 03:15 PM

Vicarious is definatly over played. if not by radio stations, then by kids who just got into tool.
Old 09-05-2006, 03:15 PM   #84
Banned.

Bincount™: 1

Vicarious is definatly over played. if not by radio stations, then by kids who just got into tool.
Useful)(Idiot's Avatar Useful)(Idiot
09-05-2006, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anarcho-commie View Post
Here in Denver, they've been playing it at least 4 times a day on one radio station. Is this happening anywhere else? I hate when they do shit like this, it brings in unwanted Tool "fans." The "YEAH I LIKE TOOL THAT SONG VICARIOUS IS THE SHIT" kind of fans.
i think that playing a song on the radio over and over again can be really annoying as most people do, i can't remember how many times i've said "yeah i liked that song, the first 9000 times i heard it", however when its from a band such as tool, i think i just might be ok with it. usually the songs that get way overplayed or songs that suck bigtime (i.e. chumbawumba, hollaback girl, and songs about "humps"). and as far as "uwanted too fans" liking the song, who are we as fans ourselves to decide who is unwanted. regardless, too much radio play is one of the main reasons i don't listen to music on the radio, that and commercials.

myspace -
http://www.myspace.com/thereisn0sp00n
Old 09-05-2006, 05:30 PM   #85
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 24

Quote:
Here in Denver, they've been playing it at least 4 times a day on one radio station. Is this happening anywhere else? I hate when they do shit like this, it brings in unwanted Tool "fans." The "YEAH I LIKE TOOL THAT SONG VICARIOUS IS THE SHIT" kind of fans.
i think that playing a song on the radio over and over again can be really annoying as most people do, i can't remember how many times i've said "yeah i liked that song, the first 9000 times i heard it", however when its from a band such as tool, i think i just might be ok with it. usually the songs that get way overplayed or songs that suck bigtime (i.e. chumbawumba, hollaback girl, and songs about "humps"). and as far as "uwanted too fans" liking the song, who are we as fans ourselves to decide who is unwanted. regardless, too much radio play is one of the main reasons i don't listen to music on the radio, that and commercials.

myspace -
vitamin
09-05-2006, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarpete987 View Post
I think it's been more than 3 months for me.

I remember seeing the schism video all the time, and it was played on the radio. I also remember hearing Lateralus on the radio.
Old 09-05-2006, 07:09 PM   #86
Banned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarpete987 View Post
I think it's been more than 3 months for me.

I remember seeing the schism video all the time, and it was played on the radio. I also remember hearing Lateralus on the radio.
Useful)(Idiot's Avatar Useful)(Idiot
09-05-2006, 07:17 PM

alot you guys are lucky, we have one rock station where i live and man does it blow. all they play is papa roach and saliva and crap like that. every once in awhile the moon howls and i hear tool on the radio at work.

myspace -
Old 09-05-2006, 07:17 PM   #87

alot you guys are lucky, we have one rock station where i live and man does it blow. all they play is papa roach and saliva and crap like that. every once in awhile the moon howls and i hear tool on the radio at work.

myspace -
CrownOfNegativity's Avatar CrownOfNegativity
09-05-2006, 08:08 PM

Quote:
4 times a day is overplayed? Haha, you should live here near LA where they play a song 6 times in one hour.
Old 09-05-2006, 08:08 PM   #88
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 84

Quote:
4 times a day is overplayed? Haha, you should live here near LA where they play a song 6 times in one hour.
escape
09-22-2006, 09:34 AM

Why is the magic of TOOL reserved for you?
Old 09-22-2006, 09:34 AM   #89
Level 2 - Poster

09-22-2006, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by escape View Post
^^ I agree.
Like most of the recent posts, I agree, who the hell are we to decide who's a fan? This isn't some secret club where we ask: What tune was the second verse of Hooker with a Penis played in? Or a number of other stupid questions.
It's about the music, and more importantly, it's about what the music's trying to tell you: Think for your fucking self.
If you can get that from Vicarious or The Pot when you hear it on the radio, after it's been played repeatedly, kudos.
If it makes you want to buy the album, great.
If it makes you question authority, even better.
End of story.

A-C, if you're going to insult people and claim to be intelligent, LEARN TO FUCKING SPELL. THANK YOU.
Old 09-22-2006, 10:01 AM   #90
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
^^ I agree.
Like most of the recent posts, I agree, who the hell are we to decide who's a fan? This isn't some secret club where we ask: What tune was the second verse of Hooker with a Penis played in? Or a number of other stupid questions.
It's about the music, and more importantly, it's about what the music's trying to tell you: Think for your fucking self.
If you can get that from Vicarious or The Pot when you hear it on the radio, after it's been played repeatedly, kudos.
End of story.

A-C, if you're going to insult people and claim to be intelligent, LEARN TO FUCKING SPELL. THANK YOU.
09-22-2006, 10:33 AM

Thank you. That's what separates TOOl from other bands; they are an experience not just something you listen to. I want others to expeience that chill when a song touches (might be after the 100th time of listening to it).
Old 09-22-2006, 10:33 AM   #91
Level 2 - Poster

Thank you. That's what separates TOOl from other bands; they are an experience not just something you listen to. I want others to expeience that chill when a song touches (might be after the 100th time of listening to it).
09-22-2006, 07:12 PM

Quote:
You're smart, I like that in a person.
Old 09-22-2006, 07:12 PM   #92
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
You're smart, I like that in a person.
09-22-2006, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by preciousbookwhore View Post
^^ I agree.
End of story.

Truth!!!!!
Old 09-22-2006, 07:24 PM   #93
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
^^ I agree.
End of story.

Truth!!!!!
09-23-2006, 11:36 AM

Quote:
LEARN TO FUCKING SPELL. THANK YOU.
How is it that I can't spell?
Old 09-23-2006, 11:36 AM   #94

Bincount™: 63

Quote:
LEARN TO FUCKING SPELL. THANK YOU.
How is it that I can't spell?
09-23-2006, 11:49 AM

"squeegeeing my third glass eye"

Last edited by Phorty; 09-23-2006 at 11:58 AM.. Reason: double post
Old 09-23-2006, 11:49 AM   #95

Last edited by Phorty; 09-23-2006 at 11:58 AM.. Reason: double post
Phorty's Avatar Phorty
09-23-2006, 11:52 AM

For the love of god , somebody buy this kid a cd player for his mom's car!

Why are you so concerned about new people being introduced to TOOL? Does the increased number of fans somehow make your "individuality" feel compromised?
Their music is for everyone to enjoy and learn from , grow up.
Old 09-23-2006, 11:52 AM   #96

Why are you so concerned about new people being introduced to TOOL? Does the increased number of fans somehow make your "individuality" feel compromised?
anarcho-commie's Avatar anarcho-commie
09-23-2006, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phorty View Post

STFU
Old 09-23-2006, 12:07 PM   #97

Quote:

STFU
09-23-2006, 07:20 PM

Quote:
STFU
you claim to be a "REAL" Tool fan and act like you have some better understanding of them than others, yet you are nothing but an intolerant little kid with no clue at all. grow the fuck up.......boy.

Last edited by Opiate Son; 09-23-2006 at 07:25 PM..
Old 09-23-2006, 07:20 PM   #98
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
STFU
you claim to be a "REAL" Tool fan and act like you have some better understanding of them than others, yet you are nothing but an intolerant little kid with no clue at all. grow the fuck up.......boy.

Last edited by Opiate Son; 09-23-2006 at 07:25 PM..
preciousbookwhore
09-23-2006, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opiate Son View Post
*nods*
Honestly, A-C, if you want to be treated with respect, treat others with respect. I'm not christian, or religious in any way, but that's just common sense.
Did you really ask how it is that you can't spell?
YOU COULDN'T SPELL KNOW.
Fifth graders I know can spell know.
And if you don't like what your mom listens too: Walk your ass or take the bus. She's hauling your ass around when I'm sure she has better things to do.
Be grateful she's taking you somewhere.
Ugh, ok, I'm done with this, I'm sick and don't need this.
A-C, please, grow up.
Old 09-23-2006, 07:53 PM   #99
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opiate Son View Post
*nods*
Honestly, A-C, if you want to be treated with respect, treat others with respect. I'm not christian, or religious in any way, but that's just common sense.
Did you really ask how it is that you can't spell?
YOU COULDN'T SPELL KNOW.
Fifth graders I know can spell know.
And if you don't like what your mom listens too: Walk your ass or take the bus. She's hauling your ass around when I'm sure she has better things to do.
Be grateful she's taking you somewhere.
Ugh, ok, I'm done with this, I'm sick and don't need this.
A-C, please, grow up.
09-23-2006, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Identity 010 View Post
In the car with your mom?
I'm just curious as to how old you are, since you claim to be so wordly when it comes to all things Tool. Yet your general attitude and reactions point directly at immaturity, which would make a lot of sense considering your transportation arrangements. Must be her car because if it was your own, you would be in control of the radio.
If mommy is still driving you, I assume you can't be more than 20 and if so, for shame. Were you listening to Tool when you were 7? Because Undertow was released in '93. You didn't start at the beginning of Tool either, so get off your high self-important horse.

You enjoy Tool on your own level. Get as deep into it as you like because hell, it's an experience to do so. But don't harp on the new guys just getting interested in Tool. You think you have some sort of holy ground to defend? Saving all of Tool-dom with your heroics? Fending off the new generations of Tool fans from the ones who have been enjoying it for many years? Spare us your theatrics.

I don't see how Tool getting exposure on the radio is bad. Tool isn't exactly an underground band or well-kept secret. They are almost mainstream... so much so that when Lateralus was released the local Top40 and pop radio stations here gave Schism some airtime. Very odd hearing Tool sandwiched between Britney and Mariah. But it may mesmerize a few interested people who will find more depth and meaning in bands like Tool. These people may become more what you deem acceptable and less what you obviously hate so much.

You do need to get a grip though because you overreacted in a major way back there.
Live and let live. Ignore the ignorant. Your Tool will never be their Tool so don't worry about it.
I'm 20 and I still ride around with my mom, and she occasionally rides around with me. .....Did you actively decide to no longer allow your mother to drive anywhere once you turned a certain age? ...Do you hate your mother? ...Do you think there's some sort of like, maturity level that's reached only when you stop being in a car with your parent driving?

and as far as constant radioplay of Vicarious (and The Pot), maybe you're unaware. There DOES exist a thing called oversaturation, which can profoundly effect the public opinion of a band. You might not think that matters, but if Tool wasn't selling millions and millions of albums and reaching #1 chart numbers, they wouldn't be able to afford Alex Grey, their album layouts period, their monsterous live sets, their specialized equipment, etc.

Vicarious getting constant radio play could very easily lead to the mainstream audiance being sick of Tool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etc43 View Post
Are you implying that you're a "true OGT"? I seriously doubt it, unless you picked up Opiate when you were 2 years old...seeing as you're 16. So am I, but I'm not claiming to be OGT. And if you want to come across as older than you really are, don't link to your MySpace from your toolnavy profile. Unless you're really not 16 and "The Original Constantine" is just some 16-year-old you're stalking. If that's the case, you have my sincerest apologies...please don't come after me next.

Wow.
That was obviously a joke, as it tends to be any time anyone says "OGT", especially since it was a joke in the first place when it was in the song.

You people need to stop arguing over semantics and picking apart eachothers posts, especially when it's an (extremely) obvious joke. Mellow out and get out of each others grills.

Oh, and for the record, I was listening to Tool when I was seven, on a singles-only basis. (not that it makes any fucking difference when I started listening to Tool, especially since I didn't actually get into them on a serious level 'til around 2001, 2002). So there's your positive side to radio/Mtv play.

Sweet. More duality.

Post-post script: (my "Oh" would be the first p.s.)
Not that I'm defending this dude or anything. He's been pretty lame too. I'm just sayin. You're never too old to ride around with your mommy.

Last edited by lsdexmt; 09-23-2006 at 10:23 PM..
Old 09-23-2006, 10:20 PM   #100
On Probation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Identity 010 View Post
In the car with your mom?
I'm just curious as to how old you are, since you claim to be so wordly when it comes to all things Tool. Yet your general attitude and reactions point directly at immaturity, which would make a lot of sense considering your transportation arrangements. Must be her car because if it was your own, you would be in control of the radio.
If mommy is still driving you, I assume you can't be more than 20 and if so, for shame. Were you listening to Tool when you were 7? Because Undertow was released in '93. You didn't start at the beginning of Tool either, so get off your high self-important horse.

You enjoy Tool on your own level. Get as deep into it as you like because hell, it's an experience to do so. But don't harp on the new guys just getting interested in Tool. You think you have some sort of holy ground to defend? Saving all of Tool-dom with your heroics? Fending off the new generations of Tool fans from the ones who have been enjoying it for many years? Spare us your theatrics.

I don't see how Tool getting exposure on the radio is bad. Tool isn't exactly an underground band or well-kept secret. They are almost mainstream... so much so that when Lateralus was released the local Top40 and pop radio stations here gave Schism some airtime. Very odd hearing Tool sandwiched between Britney and Mariah. But it may mesmerize a few interested people who will find more depth and meaning in bands like Tool. These people may become more what you deem acceptable and less what you obviously hate so much.

You do need to get a grip though because you overreacted in a major way back there.
Live and let live. Ignore the ignorant. Your Tool will never be their Tool so don't worry about it.
I'm 20 and I still ride around with my mom, and she occasionally rides around with me. .....Did you actively decide to no longer allow your mother to drive anywhere once you turned a certain age? ...Do you hate your mother? ...Do you think there's some sort of like, maturity level that's reached only when you stop being in a car with your parent driving?

and as far as constant radioplay of Vicarious (and The Pot), maybe you're unaware. There DOES exist a thing called oversaturation, which can profoundly effect the public opinion of a band. You might not think that matters, but if Tool wasn't selling millions and millions of albums and reaching #1 chart numbers, they wouldn't be able to afford Alex Grey, their album layouts period, their monsterous live sets, their specialized equipment, etc.

Vicarious getting constant radio play could very easily lead to the mainstream audiance being sick of Tool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etc43 View Post
Are you implying that you're a "true OGT"? I seriously doubt it, unless you picked up Opiate when you were 2 years old...seeing as you're 16. So am I, but I'm not claiming to be OGT. And if you want to come across as older than you really are, don't link to your MySpace from your toolnavy profile. Unless you're really not 16 and "The Original Constantine" is just some 16-year-old you're stalking. If that's the case, you have my sincerest apologies...please don't come after me next.

Wow.
That was obviously a joke, as it tends to be any time anyone says "OGT", especially since it was a joke in the first place when it was in the song.

You people need to stop arguing over semantics and picking apart eachothers posts, especially when it's an (extremely) obvious joke. Mellow out and get out of each others grills.

Oh, and for the record, I was listening to Tool when I was seven, on a singles-only basis. (not that it makes any fucking difference when I started listening to Tool, especially since I didn't actually get into them on a serious level 'til around 2001, 2002). So there's your positive side to radio/Mtv play.

Sweet. More duality.

Not that I'm defending this dude or anything. He's been pretty lame too. I'm just sayin. You're never too old to ride around with your mommy.

Last edited by lsdexmt; 09-23-2006 at 10:23 PM..
preciousbookwhore
09-23-2006, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsdexmt View Post

^^ damn straight.
Old 09-23-2006, 10:34 PM   #101
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:

^^ damn straight.
09-24-2006, 06:09 PM

i haven't listened to the radio in about 5 years.
Old 09-24-2006, 06:09 PM   #102

Bincount™: 9

i haven't listened to the radio in about 5 years.
27 Years's Avatar 27 Years
09-24-2006, 07:45 PM

I've heard it on the radio once, but I normally listen to my iPod, so that would make sense. Radio stations overplay everything, that's why I stick to the iPod.
Old 09-24-2006, 07:45 PM   #103
Level 4 - Thinker

I've heard it on the radio once, but I normally listen to my iPod, so that would make sense. Radio stations overplay everything, that's why I stick to the iPod.
09-24-2006, 09:40 PM

I was typing quickly and I missed a letter in the word "know." A typo. Happens to everyone. You cannot say that someone can't spell because of one little typo, that's just retarded.
Old 09-24-2006, 09:40 PM   #104

I was typing quickly and I missed a letter in the word "know." A typo. Happens to everyone. You cannot say that someone can't spell because of one little typo, that's just retarded.
09-26-2006, 01:58 AM

Quote:
STFU
Quality reply from a well informed, intelegent, elite tool fan.
Old 09-26-2006, 01:58 AM   #105
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 104

Quote:
STFU
Quality reply from a well informed, intelegent, elite tool fan.
Maryjane82's Avatar Maryjane82
09-26-2006, 03:20 AM

i say spread the love far and wide, via radiowaves or whatever whichway? TOOL have made my experience a far more bearable one.. and if one more person gets to hear, be inspired by and experience something that makes their time here more bearable too then i'm all for it.
Old 09-26-2006, 03:20 AM   #106
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 9

i say spread the love far and wide, via radiowaves or whatever whichway? TOOL have made my experience a far more bearable one.. and if one more person gets to hear, be inspired by and experience something that makes their time here more bearable too then i'm all for it.
Phorty's Avatar Phorty
09-26-2006, 05:53 AM

Quote:

The oversaturation concept you refer to is a bad thing because?
Tool seldom does extravagent media/promotions for their music , therefore they need the airplay , ALSO its the individual radio stations /disc jockies that regulate what gets air play , in that sense the band really has no input as to HOW MUCH the song gets played , therefore there is no direct link to the band and how much revenue they recieve off of radioplay.

The whole "mainstream audience being sick of Tool"?
I had no idea TOOL was mainstream or relied upon their mainstream appeal for success, the last i heard they were on a small label ,self promoted and seldom did interviews. Go figure.
Old 09-26-2006, 05:53 AM   #107

Quote:

Tool seldom does extravagent media/promotions for their music , therefore they need the airplay , ALSO its the individual radio stations /disc jockies that regulate what gets air play , in that sense the band really has no input as to HOW MUCH the song gets played , therefore there is no direct link to the band and how much revenue they recieve off of radioplay.

I had no idea TOOL was mainstream or relied upon their mainstream appeal for success, the last i heard they were on a small label ,self promoted and seldom did interviews. Go figure.
egrue
09-26-2006, 11:19 PM

hey anarcho-commie. wanna know why communism will never work? look up "the impossibility of economic calculation under socialism." the great Ludwig von Mises debunked socialism and communism many decades ago. he predicted that without a natural pricing system, a body controlling the distribution of goods would be blind to where those goods are needed, and the "socialist economy" (an oxymoron) would eventually collapse. Remember the USSR?
Old 09-26-2006, 11:19 PM   #108

Bincount™: 5

hey anarcho-commie. wanna know why communism will never work? look up "the impossibility of economic calculation under socialism." the great Ludwig von Mises debunked socialism and communism many decades ago. he predicted that without a natural pricing system, a body controlling the distribution of goods would be blind to where those goods are needed, and the "socialist economy" (an oxymoron) would eventually collapse. Remember the USSR?
lsdexmt's Avatar lsdexmt
09-26-2006, 11:35 PM

Quote:

Uh...
First of all, radio dj's have absolutely nothing to do with what gets played on the air... like... at all. I don't know where the fuck you got that idea.. that's entirely up to the station, which relies completely on sales/charts/legalized versions of Payola.

Tool is extremely mainstream. Being mainstream has nothing to do with what size your label is, who promotes you, and how often you do interviews. It has to do with, for example, how often you're on the radio, being able to afford famous artists for album art (Alex Grey charges 3,500 to use existing art, I can only imagine how much it costs for him to actually collaborate with you), album sales, and popularity.

Their music might not be stereotypical mainstream music, and the way they do their business may not be stereotypical mainstream music business. They are, however, extremely mainstream.

and like I already said in the original post, it can be a bad thing because people can easily get sick of hearing Tool and will lose interest, which would lead to them falling off and no longer having millions and millions of dollars for extravagent tours and stereoscopic album art.

I highly doubt that'll happen, but that doesn't mean it's not a valid concern.
Old 09-26-2006, 11:35 PM   #109
On Probation

Quote:

Uh...
First of all, radio dj's have absolutely nothing to do with what gets played on the air... like... at all. I don't know where the fuck you got that idea.. that's entirely up to the station, which relies completely on sales/charts/legalized versions of Payola.

Tool is extremely mainstream. Being mainstream has nothing to do with what size your label is, who promotes you, and how often you do interviews. It has to do with, for example, how often you're on the radio, being able to afford famous artists for album art (Alex Grey charges 3,500 to use existing art, I can only imagine how much it costs for him to actually collaborate with you), album sales, and popularity.

Their music might not be stereotypical mainstream music, and the way they do their business may not be stereotypical mainstream music business. They are, however, extremely mainstream.

and like I already said in the original post, it can be a bad thing because people can easily get sick of hearing Tool and will lose interest, which would lead to them falling off and no longer having millions and millions of dollars for extravagent tours and stereoscopic album art.

I highly doubt that'll happen, but that doesn't mean it's not a valid concern.
nmayhew's Avatar nmayhew
09-27-2006, 03:38 PM

Quote:
will someone please end this insane argument.....it ruins the whole thread
Old 09-27-2006, 03:38 PM   #110
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
will someone please end this insane argument.....it ruins the whole thread
09-29-2006, 10:38 PM

I thought radio went the way of the tape deck and the 8 track, I haven't seen a radio in ages.

But srsly, the same week the album came out, one of the stations played the entire album, I felt ripped off, cause I'd bought the goddamned disk the day it came out.

Last edited by eternalnuisance.com; 09-29-2006 at 11:07 PM..
Old 09-29-2006, 10:38 PM   #111
Banned.

I thought radio went the way of the tape deck and the 8 track, I haven't seen a radio in ages.

But srsly, the same week the album came out, one of the stations played the entire album, I felt ripped off, cause I'd bought the goddamned disk the day it came out.

Last edited by eternalnuisance.com; 09-29-2006 at 11:07 PM..
eternalnuisance.com's Avatar eternalnuisance.com
09-29-2006, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luosdasa View Post
if we lived in a perfect world... it would be a communist world...
A perfect world is a world free of bullshit governmental ideologies that are forced on a people by selfish fucks. A perfect world is a world where we all get along and stop bitching about every insignifigant thing like what's being played on the radio.
Old 09-29-2006, 10:52 PM   #112
Banned.

Quote:
if we lived in a perfect world... it would be a communist world...
A perfect world is a world free of bullshit governmental ideologies that are forced on a people by selfish fucks. A perfect world is a world where we all get along and stop bitching about every insignifigant thing like what's being played on the radio.
Luosdasa's Avatar Luosdasa
09-30-2006, 03:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalnuisance.com View Post
Exactly.

Comunist :P
Old 09-30-2006, 03:22 AM   #113
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
Exactly.

Comunist :P
09-30-2006, 11:06 AM

Ever see a comunist nation? It's a totalitarian state.

Last edited by eternalnuisance.com; 09-30-2006 at 02:03 PM..
Old 09-30-2006, 11:06 AM   #114
Banned.

Last edited by eternalnuisance.com; 09-30-2006 at 02:03 PM..
10-01-2006, 02:24 AM

Quote:
yes it is. thats because we dont live in eutopia. if we did, then comunism would work because people wouldnt corrupt it. the ideal behind comunism is equality for everyone, no matter what their occupation or social standing or whatever. unfortunately it relies heavily on the people in control to make it so. and people in control tend to turn control into power... and then u have anything but equality.

in an ideal world, comunism would work. this isnt an ideal world, so we're stuck with fuckin democracy, which still manages to get corrupted fairly well anyway
Old 10-01-2006, 02:24 AM   #115
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
yes it is. thats because we dont live in eutopia. if we did, then comunism would work because people wouldnt corrupt it. the ideal behind comunism is equality for everyone, no matter what their occupation or social standing or whatever. unfortunately it relies heavily on the people in control to make it so. and people in control tend to turn control into power... and then u have anything but equality.

in an ideal world, comunism would work. this isnt an ideal world, so we're stuck with fuckin democracy, which still manages to get corrupted fairly well anyway
10-01-2006, 09:50 AM

lol, comunism
Old 10-01-2006, 09:50 AM   #116

lol, comunism
10-01-2006, 02:30 PM

Quote:

Welcome to reality. The ideal world will never exist because it doesn't force growth.

Last edited by eternalnuisance.com; 10-01-2006 at 03:43 PM..
Old 10-01-2006, 02:30 PM   #117
Banned.

Quote:

Welcome to reality. The ideal world will never exist because it doesn't force growth.

Last edited by eternalnuisance.com; 10-01-2006 at 03:43 PM..
10-01-2006, 03:46 PM

Quote:
what i find confusing is that your tellin me this, like this wasnt what i was saying from the beggining...
Old 10-01-2006, 03:46 PM   #118
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
what i find confusing is that your tellin me this, like this wasnt what i was saying from the beggining...
10-01-2006, 03:50 PM

What I find confusing is why you complain about the things you can't change. I think the world is ideal and perfect as it is. We are what we are, because the world is what it is, there is no paradise because everytime man finds it, he fucks it up. Destruction is human nature, your ideal world will never be because it contradicts the way things are meant to be.

Last edited by eternalnuisance.com; 10-02-2006 at 07:37 AM..
Old 10-01-2006, 03:50 PM   #119
Banned.

What I find confusing is why you complain about the things you can't change. I think the world is ideal and perfect as it is. We are what we are, because the world is what it is, there is no paradise because everytime man finds it, he fucks it up. Destruction is human nature, your ideal world will never be because it contradicts the way things are meant to be.

Last edited by eternalnuisance.com; 10-02-2006 at 07:37 AM..
10-02-2006, 10:50 PM

Dude, I diddnt say that we should all be comunist because then the world would be ideal, i said that because the world will never be ideal comunism would never work. I dun know why you'v gone off on some rant trying to convince me that 'my ideal world' will neva be. lol, i was neva complainin about it or askin people to change, just statein the way things were.

Heh, and beleive me, *my* ideal world would contain quite a bit of destruction... a whole tasty bit of it ;p... but then that wouldnt make it 'an ideal world', cuz itd suck for a whole lot more people :D

lol, but seriously, if u think the world is perfect as it is, with all the inequality, much of which those who suffer it will never be able to rectify, then ur a cock, i mean seriously, id love ta see u have that same opinion if you were born into a world in which you contracted aids as a baby because of ur mothers breast milk. im all for survival of the fittest, but many of the fittest die off before they get a chance to flex their muscles.
Old 10-02-2006, 10:50 PM   #120
Level 8 - Vociferous

Dude, I diddnt say that we should all be comunist because then the world would be ideal, i said that because the world will never be ideal comunism would never work. I dun know why you'v gone off on some rant trying to convince me that 'my ideal world' will neva be. lol, i was neva complainin about it or askin people to change, just statein the way things were.

Heh, and beleive me, *my* ideal world would contain quite a bit of destruction... a whole tasty bit of it ;p... but then that wouldnt make it 'an ideal world', cuz itd suck for a whole lot more people :D

lol, but seriously, if u think the world is perfect as it is, with all the inequality, much of which those who suffer it will never be able to rectify, then ur a cock, i mean seriously, id love ta see u have that same opinion if you were born into a world in which you contracted aids as a baby because of ur mothers breast milk. im all for survival of the fittest, but many of the fittest die off before they get a chance to flex their muscles.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply