Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days
User Name
Password
bozobuttz
06-08-2006, 02:51 PM

I haven't listened to Lost Keys and Rosetta Stoned in over a week, and something must have clicked in my head because today when I was listening to Rosetta Stoned on my way home from work I realized how BADASS it is. I had my stereo the loudest I've ever gone while my Boston Acoustic speakers were struggling not to distort (crummy set-up anyways). Had goosebumps continuosly for most of the way thru the song. Just thought I'd share this. 8-)
Old 06-08-2006, 02:51 PM   #1
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Listened to LK/RS on my way home...

I haven't listened to Lost Keys and Rosetta Stoned in over a week, and something must have clicked in my head because today when I was listening to Rosetta Stoned on my way home from work I realized how BADASS it is. I had my stereo the loudest I've ever gone while my Boston Acoustic speakers were struggling not to distort (crummy set-up anyways). Had goosebumps continuosly for most of the way thru the song. Just thought I'd share this. 8-)
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
imatoolhed's Avatar imatoolhed
06-08-2006, 02:52 PM

good show my boy.

try it live .... Mmm Mmm good. ;)
TOYKO!! R.I.P. The Alien Gus
Old 06-08-2006, 02:52 PM   #2
Member Of The Bored (tdn $upporter)

Bincount™: 11897
Re: Listened to LK/RS on my way home...

good show my boy.

TOYKO!! R.I.P. The Alien Gus
Cha's Avatar Cha
06-08-2006, 02:57 PM

My personal favorites too. They definantley had to grow on me though. I love how rosetta is just so unrelenting, really pulls off that extreme dread you get from tripping baaaad.
Old 06-08-2006, 02:57 PM   #3
Cha
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

My personal favorites too. They definantley had to grow on me though. I love how rosetta is just so unrelenting, really pulls off that extreme dread you get from tripping baaaad.
Jimmeny's Avatar Jimmeny
06-08-2006, 03:11 PM

It's an epic, certainly.
Old 06-08-2006, 03:11 PM   #4
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 30

It's an epic, certainly.
PoisonSkin's Avatar PoisonSkin
06-08-2006, 03:48 PM

and then I play it and basically the album is over.
Old 06-08-2006, 03:48 PM   #5
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

and then I play it and basically the album is over.
Melkari's Avatar Melkari
06-08-2006, 04:06 PM

I had a hard time choosing a favorite song for a long time, because whenever I listened to another one, I changed my mind. But once the "Overwhelmed as one would be" part really clicked, I think Rosetta Stoned took the top spot. Best moment of the album.
Old 06-08-2006, 04:06 PM   #6
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 119

I had a hard time choosing a favorite song for a long time, because whenever I listened to another one, I changed my mind. But once the "Overwhelmed as one would be" part really clicked, I think Rosetta Stoned took the top spot. Best moment of the album.
06-08-2006, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imatoolhed
good show my boy.

I saw Tool in Chicago 5/13. I guess I just wasn't into Rosetta Stoned when they played it because I wanted to hear other songs instead. I couldn't hear the megaphone either from where my seat was.

Last edited by bozobuttz; 06-08-2006 at 06:28 PM..
Old 06-08-2006, 05:22 PM   #7
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by imatoolhed
good show my boy.

I saw Tool in Chicago 5/13. I guess I just wasn't into Rosetta Stoned when they played it because I wanted to hear other songs instead. I couldn't hear the megaphone either from where my seat was.

Last edited by bozobuttz; 06-08-2006 at 06:28 PM..
Dolophane's Avatar Dolophane
06-08-2006, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bozobuttz
I was at that show, though I was right in front so I guess I was able to hear the megaphone better than other spots in the venue. I thought it was a fantastic opener - tons of energy and silly Maynard shenanigans.
"You see, for me [art]'s not one of life's ornaments, rococo relaxation to be greeted affably after a day of hard work; I'm inverted on this : for me it's my very breath, the one thing necessary, and all else is excretion and a latrine."

~Arno Schmidt
Old 06-08-2006, 09:11 PM   #8
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 95

Quote:
I was at that show, though I was right in front so I guess I was able to hear the megaphone better than other spots in the venue. I thought it was a fantastic opener - tons of energy and silly Maynard shenanigans.
"You see, for me [art]'s not one of life's ornaments, rococo relaxation to be greeted affably after a day of hard work; I'm inverted on this : for me it's my very breath, the one thing necessary, and all else is excretion and a latrine."

~Arno Schmidt
savelints8's Avatar savelints8
06-08-2006, 10:00 PM

I saw them in Denver on the 10th. The megaphone was kind of unclear, but it sounded awesome. I remember towards the beginning of the song Maynard left his platform and went up to center stage - the only time in the entire show that he left the platform.
Old 06-08-2006, 10:00 PM   #9
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Location: The Phallus Palace Fernando Clavijo: Resigned!!! Sex: ***MALE***
Bincount™: 4914

I saw them in Denver on the 10th. The megaphone was kind of unclear, but it sounded awesome. I remember towards the beginning of the song Maynard left his platform and went up to center stage - the only time in the entire show that he left the platform.
MasterOfKtulu109
06-08-2006, 10:06 PM

Quote:

same thing happened to me a few days ago. i was sitting there, enjoying a few beers, and something clicked, and now i love it. i knew it would take time, and it did (over a month)
Old 06-08-2006, 10:06 PM   #10
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 19

Quote:

same thing happened to me a few days ago. i was sitting there, enjoying a few beers, and something clicked, and now i love it. i knew it would take time, and it did (over a month)
savelints8's Avatar savelints8
06-08-2006, 10:43 PM

Yeah. LK/RS - my favorite song on 10,000 Days.
Old 06-08-2006, 10:43 PM   #11
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Location: The Phallus Palace Fernando Clavijo: Resigned!!! Sex: ***MALE***
Bincount™: 4914

Yeah. LK/RS - my favorite song on 10,000 Days.
Culb's Avatar Culb
06-09-2006, 11:42 AM

When they played LK/RS in KC on May 11th, something had to be wrong with the sound at first, because Danny was extremely loud and you could hardly hear Maynard at all. But, they fixed it, and from then on the show blew my asshole out.
Old 06-09-2006, 11:42 AM   #12
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 123

When they played LK/RS in KC on May 11th, something had to be wrong with the sound at first, because Danny was extremely loud and you could hardly hear Maynard at all. But, they fixed it, and from then on the show blew my asshole out.
Bloody's Avatar Bloody
06-09-2006, 11:46 AM

Yeah, this song is such an odd song. It really is. It's just F'd up. I like that though.
Old 06-09-2006, 11:46 AM   #13
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 76

Yeah, this song is such an odd song. It really is. It's just F'd up. I like that though.
ATARI's Avatar ATARI
06-09-2006, 12:41 PM

thanks for this.

Seriously.
Old 06-09-2006, 12:41 PM   #14
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 297

thanks for this.

Seriously.
06-09-2006, 12:53 PM

Sometimes I picture the storyline in my head while I listen to it - makes it even more badass (kind of like a music-video, the storyline being synched up to the music).
Old 06-09-2006, 12:53 PM   #15
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 2

Sometimes I picture the storyline in my head while I listen to it - makes it even more badass (kind of like a music-video, the storyline being synched up to the music).
bozobuttz
06-09-2006, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Culb
I listened again tonight and I realized I just have to play it super loud so it rocks like none other. I just thought too that since Tool opens with LK/RS, we dont get to hear perfect sound because it takes the sound guys at least one song to get everything set properly.
Old 06-09-2006, 07:38 PM   #16
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Culb
I listened again tonight and I realized I just have to play it super loud so it rocks like none other. I just thought too that since Tool opens with LK/RS, we dont get to hear perfect sound because it takes the sound guys at least one song to get everything set properly.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply