Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days
User Name
Password
Huff's Avatar Huff
05-10-2006, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoonTaco
Nice.
How can you think Tgothe has the nicest system when your Cd player alone, costs as much as his entire system?
Mine is the best anyway. he he
Now now....we all know it's not just about the price:):):)

I suppose what caught my eye in tgothe's system was the Musical Fidelity Amp....those are seriously high-end machines.

-David Cross
Old 05-10-2006, 10:24 AM   #41
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: Setups you've heard 10K days on....(Audiophiles!!!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoonTaco
Nice.
How can you think Tgothe has the nicest system when your Cd player alone, costs as much as his entire system?
Mine is the best anyway. he he
Now now....we all know it's not just about the price:):):)

I suppose what caught my eye in tgothe's system was the Musical Fidelity Amp....those are seriously high-end machines.

-David Cross
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
semoshocker's Avatar semoshocker
05-10-2006, 10:26 AM

Im runnin a pioneer elite vsx54tx 110x7 receiver, klipsch rf 35 towers, I have the entire 35 series surround setup. All monster Z series cable including speaker wire, a monster 3600 series power unit. My dvd/cd player is made by Mitsubishi, not sure what model, but its SACD and DVD-A compatible. Ive also heard the album on an integra amp runnin Definitive Technologies speakers, I think my system kicked its ass though.
Old 05-10-2006, 10:26 AM   #42
Level 4 - Thinker

Im runnin a pioneer elite vsx54tx 110x7 receiver, klipsch rf 35 towers, I have the entire 35 series surround setup. All monster Z series cable including speaker wire, a monster 3600 series power unit. My dvd/cd player is made by Mitsubishi, not sure what model, but its SACD and DVD-A compatible. Ive also heard the album on an integra amp runnin Definitive Technologies speakers, I think my system kicked its ass though.
Huff's Avatar Huff
05-10-2006, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhifiguy
Oh yeah!
I had a chance to hang out with Billy Howerdel (APC) right after "13th Step" came out, and we were talking about recording techniques, and he mentioned during final mixing of 13th Step, that he added an extra 1/2 dB in the bottom end to take the edge off.
Cheers

That's really interesting....adding comp on some parts but not the ENTIRE stereo mix is really effective. I wasn't a great fan of how 13th step sounded...but I agree 10K days is really phenomenal sounding.

-David Cross
Old 05-10-2006, 10:28 AM   #43
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Oh yeah!
I had a chance to hang out with Billy Howerdel (APC) right after "13th Step" came out, and we were talking about recording techniques, and he mentioned during final mixing of 13th Step, that he added an extra 1/2 dB in the bottom end to take the edge off.
Cheers

That's really interesting....adding comp on some parts but not the ENTIRE stereo mix is really effective. I wasn't a great fan of how 13th step sounded...but I agree 10K days is really phenomenal sounding.

-David Cross
txhifiguy
05-10-2006, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huff
I agree, Tool got the bass (kick drums, bass guitar, etc..) just right on this album. Not too thin and not to warm, which can lead to a muddy sound. One could argue 13th step was a little muddy in parts. Back to my comment about Billy H., I might as well tell the story, he added the extra 1/2 dB mainly because most people do not own quality sound systems so the album would "hit" even on low-end or modest systems. Billy himself admitted not having a decent system at the time. My meeting with Billy was pure luck, I'm a rep. in the consumer electronics biz and I was at the Consumer Electronics Show in Vegas (CES). I have to go for work every year, and this was the 2005 show. The show takes place every January. One of the companies I rep. is Krell Audio, which is about as "High-end" as audio gets, and I was working the Krell booth, and low and behold Billy walks up and says "I hear Krell is supposed to be the best out there", and I said jokingly, "you can't afford this stuff", he laughed and that broke the ice. I instantly knew who he was and we just started talking A/V stuff. He was looking to add a Home Theater and we ended up hanging out for about 5 hours, just going to all the vendor's booths that I work for. It turned out to be one of the coolest 5 hours of my life. Very down to earth individual. The whole experience was surreal, especially when his cell phone would ring, and I would be like, "who's that", and Billy would say, "ah, that's just Danny Lohner, or Trent Reznor" Good times!
Old 05-10-2006, 11:22 AM   #44
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
I agree, Tool got the bass (kick drums, bass guitar, etc..) just right on this album. Not too thin and not to warm, which can lead to a muddy sound. One could argue 13th step was a little muddy in parts. Back to my comment about Billy H., I might as well tell the story, he added the extra 1/2 dB mainly because most people do not own quality sound systems so the album would "hit" even on low-end or modest systems. Billy himself admitted not having a decent system at the time. My meeting with Billy was pure luck, I'm a rep. in the consumer electronics biz and I was at the Consumer Electronics Show in Vegas (CES). I have to go for work every year, and this was the 2005 show. The show takes place every January. One of the companies I rep. is Krell Audio, which is about as "High-end" as audio gets, and I was working the Krell booth, and low and behold Billy walks up and says "I hear Krell is supposed to be the best out there", and I said jokingly, "you can't afford this stuff", he laughed and that broke the ice. I instantly knew who he was and we just started talking A/V stuff. He was looking to add a Home Theater and we ended up hanging out for about 5 hours, just going to all the vendor's booths that I work for. It turned out to be one of the coolest 5 hours of my life. Very down to earth individual. The whole experience was surreal, especially when his cell phone would ring, and I would be like, "who's that", and Billy would say, "ah, that's just Danny Lohner, or Trent Reznor" Good times!
txhifiguy
05-10-2006, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Oh yeah!

Power Conditioning/Delivery: Richard Gray Power Company "Substation" isolation transformer and a Richard Gray "400 Pro" for perfect power

Amp/Receiver: B&K AVR507 7.1 THX Receiver

CD/DVD player: Sony DVPS-9000ES SACD/DVD player

Speakers: Boston Acoustics 7.1 Hidden Theater System
3 - VRI793 front speakers
2 - VRI595 surrounds
2 - VRI580 back channels
4 - Sub10F subwoofers being driven by 2 Boston SA1 Amplifiers (The front 2 subs are wired as the .1 channel, the back 2 subs are wired to the left and right surround channels.

When/ or if live DVD ever comes out, I have a 100" Stewart Filmscreen "Firehawk", and an Epson Cinema 800 projector.

Obviously, "10,000 days" is a CD, so it's in 2-channel, but the B&K, with THX post processing, does a great job mixing the disc in multi-channel. The CD is very well recorded, probably one of the best rock recordings ever. I'm glad Tool mixed this CD with more "bottom-end" (that's bass) than on "Lateralus". Lateralus (great album of course) sounded a little thin, and edgy. They got it right with this CD, much warmer sounding. I had a chance to hang out with Billy Howerdel (APC) right after "13th Step" came out, and we were talking about recording techniques, and he mentioned during final mixing of 13th Step, that he added an extra 1/2 dB in the bottom end to take the edge off.

Cheers

I forgot to mention I'm using all Tributaries Silver Series interconnects!
Old 05-10-2006, 11:23 AM   #45
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
Oh yeah!

Power Conditioning/Delivery: Richard Gray Power Company "Substation" isolation transformer and a Richard Gray "400 Pro" for perfect power

Amp/Receiver: B&K AVR507 7.1 THX Receiver

CD/DVD player: Sony DVPS-9000ES SACD/DVD player

Speakers: Boston Acoustics 7.1 Hidden Theater System
3 - VRI793 front speakers
2 - VRI595 surrounds
2 - VRI580 back channels
4 - Sub10F subwoofers being driven by 2 Boston SA1 Amplifiers (The front 2 subs are wired as the .1 channel, the back 2 subs are wired to the left and right surround channels.

When/ or if live DVD ever comes out, I have a 100" Stewart Filmscreen "Firehawk", and an Epson Cinema 800 projector.

Obviously, "10,000 days" is a CD, so it's in 2-channel, but the B&K, with THX post processing, does a great job mixing the disc in multi-channel. The CD is very well recorded, probably one of the best rock recordings ever. I'm glad Tool mixed this CD with more "bottom-end" (that's bass) than on "Lateralus". Lateralus (great album of course) sounded a little thin, and edgy. They got it right with this CD, much warmer sounding. I had a chance to hang out with Billy Howerdel (APC) right after "13th Step" came out, and we were talking about recording techniques, and he mentioned during final mixing of 13th Step, that he added an extra 1/2 dB in the bottom end to take the edge off.

Cheers

I forgot to mention I'm using all Tributaries Silver Series interconnects!
Huff's Avatar Huff
05-10-2006, 11:35 AM

Quote:
My meeting with Billy was pure luck, I'm a rep. in the consumer electronics biz and I was at the Consumer Electronics Show in Vegas (CES). I have to go for work every year, and this was the 2005 show. The show takes place every January. One of the companies I rep. is Krell Audio, which is about as "High-end" as audio gets, and I was working the Krell booth, and low and behold Billy walks up and says "I hear Krell is supposed to be the best out there", and I said jokingly, "you can't afford this stuff", he laughed and that broke the ice. I instantly knew who he was and we just started talking A/V stuff. He was looking to add a Home Theater and we ended up hanging out for about 5 hours, just going to all the vendor's booths that I work for. It turned out to be one of the coolest 5 hours of my life. Very down to earth individual. The whole experience was surreal, especially when his cell phone would ring, and I would be like, "who's that", and Billy would say, "ah, that's just Danny Lohner, or Trent Reznor" Good times!
That sounds like a really fun day!!!

-David Cross
Old 05-10-2006, 11:35 AM   #46
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
My meeting with Billy was pure luck, I'm a rep. in the consumer electronics biz and I was at the Consumer Electronics Show in Vegas (CES). I have to go for work every year, and this was the 2005 show. The show takes place every January. One of the companies I rep. is Krell Audio, which is about as "High-end" as audio gets, and I was working the Krell booth, and low and behold Billy walks up and says "I hear Krell is supposed to be the best out there", and I said jokingly, "you can't afford this stuff", he laughed and that broke the ice. I instantly knew who he was and we just started talking A/V stuff. He was looking to add a Home Theater and we ended up hanging out for about 5 hours, just going to all the vendor's booths that I work for. It turned out to be one of the coolest 5 hours of my life. Very down to earth individual. The whole experience was surreal, especially when his cell phone would ring, and I would be like, "who's that", and Billy would say, "ah, that's just Danny Lohner, or Trent Reznor" Good times!
That sounds like a really fun day!!!

-David Cross
05-10-2006, 11:56 AM

Quote:

Did you have it in your heart to tell him Krell isn't THE best, its up there, but not the undisputed #1. Crown amps kick ass with anything krell makes, and speaker wise, Dynaudio is awesome, they make some speakers that might even make a dent in Billies pocket book at MSRP $100,000 a pair.
Old 05-10-2006, 11:56 AM   #47
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:

Did you have it in your heart to tell him Krell isn't THE best, its up there, but not the undisputed #1. Crown amps kick ass with anything krell makes, and speaker wise, Dynaudio is awesome, they make some speakers that might even make a dent in Billies pocket book at MSRP $100,000 a pair.
Huff's Avatar Huff
05-10-2006, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by semoshocker

Yeah and you could buy a Rockport Stylus II 100% Air-Driven turntable for 75,000$ if you wanted to.....you can go on all day w/ super high end audio...it would be pretty silly to say that something is "the best".

-David Cross
Old 05-10-2006, 12:24 PM   #48
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:

Yeah and you could buy a Rockport Stylus II 100% Air-Driven turntable for 75,000$ if you wanted to.....you can go on all day w/ super high end audio...it would be pretty silly to say that something is "the best".

-David Cross
txhifiguy
05-10-2006, 12:30 PM

Quote:
I'm sorry, but Crown cannot hold a candle to Krell, check out Krell's new evolution series amps, www.krellonline.com. Plus, Crown is more what we refer to as Pro Audio. Apples to Oranges. I do agree with you about Dynaudio, they do make a fine loudspeaker. One of the best two channel systems I ever heard had a pair of Krell 750 watt Monoblocks with Dynaudio speakers. Can't remember which model Dynaudios they were, but they retailed for around $10K a pair. FYI - Dynaudio uses SEAS tweeters and mid-ranges, same as the Krell LAT-1000 ($55,000 a pair) series speakers. Those are VERY expensive drivers from Norway. Some Snell, Vienna Acoustics, and Sonus Faber speakers use the same drivers.
Old 05-10-2006, 12:30 PM   #49
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
I'm sorry, but Crown cannot hold a candle to Krell, check out Krell's new evolution series amps, www.krellonline.com. Plus, Crown is more what we refer to as Pro Audio. Apples to Oranges. I do agree with you about Dynaudio, they do make a fine loudspeaker. One of the best two channel systems I ever heard had a pair of Krell 750 watt Monoblocks with Dynaudio speakers. Can't remember which model Dynaudios they were, but they retailed for around $10K a pair. FYI - Dynaudio uses SEAS tweeters and mid-ranges, same as the Krell LAT-1000 ($55,000 a pair) series speakers. Those are VERY expensive drivers from Norway. Some Snell, Vienna Acoustics, and Sonus Faber speakers use the same drivers.
txhifiguy
05-10-2006, 12:35 PM

Quote:
BTW, I never said Krell was THE BEST, Billy said he had "heard" Krell was some of the best out there. I just said Krell was about as "high-end" as you can get.

Yes, there are other companies out there that are pretty much on the same level, not many, Levinson is one, and you could argue McIntosh is close.

Sorry to get a little off topic!
Old 05-10-2006, 12:35 PM   #50
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
BTW, I never said Krell was THE BEST, Billy said he had "heard" Krell was some of the best out there. I just said Krell was about as "high-end" as you can get.

Yes, there are other companies out there that are pretty much on the same level, not many, Levinson is one, and you could argue McIntosh is close.

Sorry to get a little off topic!
05-10-2006, 01:00 PM

Quote:

Yeah, crown is pro stuff, they do make Monsters new line of amps, which are pretty sweet though. I sold Krells entry level line only, its been a while since I have been real familiar with krells ultra high end. Do they still make that $25,000 magnetic driven cd player, or that rediculous twin 15" sub? Speaker wise, I know dyn hand makes all their mid drivers, I have their stuff in my car, its so awesome. Check out the dynaudio evidence master. Some people really prefer an elctro stat, or a magna pan, just depends who you talk to. Trust me, I have nothing against Krell, I sold their intro line, sounded great pushin some power hungry ass martin logans.
Old 05-10-2006, 01:00 PM   #51
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:

Yeah, crown is pro stuff, they do make Monsters new line of amps, which are pretty sweet though. I sold Krells entry level line only, its been a while since I have been real familiar with krells ultra high end. Do they still make that $25,000 magnetic driven cd player, or that rediculous twin 15" sub? Speaker wise, I know dyn hand makes all their mid drivers, I have their stuff in my car, its so awesome. Check out the dynaudio evidence master. Some people really prefer an elctro stat, or a magna pan, just depends who you talk to. Trust me, I have nothing against Krell, I sold their intro line, sounded great pushin some power hungry ass martin logans.
txhifiguy
05-10-2006, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the cordial response. Yep, Krell still makes the Master Reference Sub, it's up to $37,000 now, special order basis. That's the baddest sub on the planet for Home use, it's scarry I know a guy who has 3, he's psycho. The've gone on to making a multi-purpose DVD/CD/SACD player, upwards of 10G's. Dan D'Agostino, the owner who is an engineer, along with his "team" have made some stunning breakthroughs recently pushing the limits of technology, especially with THD, noise issues, and just pure power. It's really unbeilevable the performance of their new preamps and amps, (which are broken into 2 chassis, the power supply is seperate from the amp, crazy shit) Evolution 1's, and 2's, along with their new LAT-1000 aluminum cabinet speakers. I had a unique experience to listen to their new stuff at the Krell owner's home and was blown away. Especially after great food and a few bottles of pinot noir. Their's nothing like a bunch of drunk audiophiles fighting for the seat in the middle for the best imaging.

Before the speaker setup I have now, I had a full Martin Logan setup, but I recently had a son, and I wanted a Hidden System and to not have to worry about the little one punching holes in the mylar, and to not have to deal about sweet spot issues. Logans are great if you are in the right seating position, as you know, and of course, they look cool. And you need power. Gale Sanders, the owner of Martin Logan, used to use Krell Monoblocks to drive his statements ($89,000), until Krell started making speakers. Go figure!

You sound like you know a little about audio gear. Can you say where you work, or worked?

To stay on topic, 10,000 days is religious on my system!

Oh, check this out, Billy H's budget was $50,000
Old 05-10-2006, 04:43 PM   #52
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
Thanks for the cordial response. Yep, Krell still makes the Master Reference Sub, it's up to $37,000 now, special order basis. That's the baddest sub on the planet for Home use, it's scarry I know a guy who has 3, he's psycho. The've gone on to making a multi-purpose DVD/CD/SACD player, upwards of 10G's. Dan D'Agostino, the owner who is an engineer, along with his "team" have made some stunning breakthroughs recently pushing the limits of technology, especially with THD, noise issues, and just pure power. It's really unbeilevable the performance of their new preamps and amps, (which are broken into 2 chassis, the power supply is seperate from the amp, crazy shit) Evolution 1's, and 2's, along with their new LAT-1000 aluminum cabinet speakers. I had a unique experience to listen to their new stuff at the Krell owner's home and was blown away. Especially after great food and a few bottles of pinot noir. Their's nothing like a bunch of drunk audiophiles fighting for the seat in the middle for the best imaging.

Before the speaker setup I have now, I had a full Martin Logan setup, but I recently had a son, and I wanted a Hidden System and to not have to worry about the little one punching holes in the mylar, and to not have to deal about sweet spot issues. Logans are great if you are in the right seating position, as you know, and of course, they look cool. And you need power. Gale Sanders, the owner of Martin Logan, used to use Krell Monoblocks to drive his statements ($89,000), until Krell started making speakers. Go figure!

You sound like you know a little about audio gear. Can you say where you work, or worked?

To stay on topic, 10,000 days is religious on my system!

Oh, check this out, Billy H's budget was $50,000
idq02
05-11-2006, 09:50 AM

I'm not sure who is actually reading all these replies, but I'll add my 2 cents. I've heard the disc on a variety of bad, mediocre, and great systems. The great ones that really make a huge difference are:

1) Mackie HR824 nearfield monitors
2) Denon amplifier to 2 giant old school Cerwin Vegas. Now, I know most audiophiles don't consider vegas to be "high-end" equipment, but I have owned these speakers for over a decade, and have yet to hear anything sound as good at anywhere near what I paid for them long ago. I know that better speakers exist, and I've heard them, but I think I'd have to spend ~1500 or more to get them.
3) A pair of Grado SR-80s. I love grado headphones... the whole lot of them.
Old 05-11-2006, 09:50 AM   #53
Level 2 - Poster

I'm not sure who is actually reading all these replies, but I'll add my 2 cents. I've heard the disc on a variety of bad, mediocre, and great systems. The great ones that really make a huge difference are:

2) Denon amplifier to 2 giant old school Cerwin Vegas. Now, I know most audiophiles don't consider vegas to be "high-end" equipment, but I have owned these speakers for over a decade, and have yet to hear anything sound as good at anywhere near what I paid for them long ago. I know that better speakers exist, and I've heard them, but I think I'd have to spend ~1500 or more to get them.
convolution
05-11-2006, 10:19 AM

A 5 disc changer (don't remember the brand) into a 1200 watt power amp into 2 200 watt 12" PA cabs with horn, 2 150 watt 10" PA cabs with horn, 1 300 watt 4x12 guitar cab, 1 400 watt 6x8 bass cab with horn.

If my mental math is right that is 140" of speaker area. It so fucking loud.

Last edited by convolution; 05-11-2006 at 10:23 AM..
Old 05-11-2006, 10:19 AM   #54
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 3

A 5 disc changer (don't remember the brand) into a 1200 watt power amp into 2 200 watt 12" PA cabs with horn, 2 150 watt 10" PA cabs with horn, 1 300 watt 4x12 guitar cab, 1 400 watt 6x8 bass cab with horn.

If my mental math is right that is 140" of speaker area. It so fucking loud.

Last edited by convolution; 05-11-2006 at 10:23 AM..
toolsong
05-11-2006, 01:56 PM

Starting off with the tracks saved in FLAC

Home: E-mu 1212m soundcard > Naim Nait5i > Focal Cobalt 810
Head: E-mu 1212m soundcard > RSA SR-71 > Grado HF-1
Portable: iAudio X5L > Koss KSC-55
Old 05-11-2006, 01:56 PM   #55
Level 2 - Poster

Starting off with the tracks saved in FLAC

Home: E-mu 1212m soundcard > Naim Nait5i > Focal Cobalt 810
Head: E-mu 1212m soundcard > RSA SR-71 > Grado HF-1
Portable: iAudio X5L > Koss KSC-55
Agent_202's Avatar Agent_202
05-11-2006, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justslugem
in fact i got pulled over the other day while banging on my steering wheel at the end of wings part 2 and got a ticket for careless driving :O(

thats some funny stuff. lmao
Old 05-11-2006, 02:49 PM   #56
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by justslugem
in fact i got pulled over the other day while banging on my steering wheel at the end of wings part 2 and got a ticket for careless driving :O(

thats some funny stuff. lmao
05-11-2006, 03:59 PM

Quote:
I was wondering (for those audiophiles out there) what are some of the nice setups that you've heard the album on.

This is what I"ve got....Energy C7 Floorstanders being powered by an Arcam A-50 and a Rotel CD player.....connected w/ Verstarr cables.

woah, i have the same spearks in addition to a 12" polk audio sub, and a 7.1 denon reciever. Needless to say i love listening to music loud.
Old 05-11-2006, 03:59 PM   #57
seeyouauntie

Bincount™: 8695

Quote:
I was wondering (for those audiophiles out there) what are some of the nice setups that you've heard the album on.

This is what I"ve got....Energy C7 Floorstanders being powered by an Arcam A-50 and a Rotel CD player.....connected w/ Verstarr cables.

woah, i have the same spearks in addition to a 12" polk audio sub, and a 7.1 denon reciever. Needless to say i love listening to music loud.
05-11-2006, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclipse
As far as headphones go, how good are Sony MDR-V6's? This is what I've got. They sound pretty damn good to me but what are some better models out there?

Basically anything that Senheiser makes is wicked....

-David Cross
Old 05-11-2006, 04:01 PM   #58
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclipse
As far as headphones go, how good are Sony MDR-V6's? This is what I've got. They sound pretty damn good to me but what are some better models out there?

Basically anything that Senheiser makes is wicked....

-David Cross
Topher
05-11-2006, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by idq02

I'm with you there. My home system is a 6-7 yr old Sony Receiver and a Sony 51 disc changer, and I have Cerwin Vega Re-38's hooked up to it. The Re-38s are massive loudspeakers (90 lbs a piece), and sound absolutley incredible. I only paid a little over $600 for the speakers brand new and I refuse to part with them.
Old 05-11-2006, 05:53 PM   #59
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by idq02

I'm with you there. My home system is a 6-7 yr old Sony Receiver and a Sony 51 disc changer, and I have Cerwin Vega Re-38's hooked up to it. The Re-38s are massive loudspeakers (90 lbs a piece), and sound absolutley incredible. I only paid a little over $600 for the speakers brand new and I refuse to part with them.
rogerdoger's Avatar rogerdoger
05-11-2006, 06:02 PM

Klipsch...sounds great.
Old 05-11-2006, 06:02 PM   #60
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 8

Klipsch...sounds great.
05-12-2006, 09:22 AM

Even though I've already replied on this thread, I was listening to "10,000 Days" yesterday in my Honda Element, it has the stock speakers, but I've added an Alpine deck with XM, and my trusty Boston Acoustics GT-24 Class A 2-channel amp with 2 JL 10w3V2 Subs firing backwards in the back. The subs are dual voice coil and they've been wired in parallel and in mono to the amp, so we're pushing between 900-1000 watts peak power on the subs. Anyway, I have no idea what song I was listening to, either Jambi or Rosetta Stoned, but I noticed my windshield had cracked in two places on the bottom right. It definitely was not a rock chip either. Each crack is about 12-15 inches long. Thank you Danny Carey!
Old 05-12-2006, 09:22 AM   #61
Level 2 - Poster

Even though I've already replied on this thread, I was listening to "10,000 Days" yesterday in my Honda Element, it has the stock speakers, but I've added an Alpine deck with XM, and my trusty Boston Acoustics GT-24 Class A 2-channel amp with 2 JL 10w3V2 Subs firing backwards in the back. The subs are dual voice coil and they've been wired in parallel and in mono to the amp, so we're pushing between 900-1000 watts peak power on the subs. Anyway, I have no idea what song I was listening to, either Jambi or Rosetta Stoned, but I noticed my windshield had cracked in two places on the bottom right. It definitely was not a rock chip either. Each crack is about 12-15 inches long. Thank you Danny Carey!
Huff's Avatar Huff
05-12-2006, 09:50 AM

Quote:

Dude that sucks:):):)

-David Cross
Old 05-12-2006, 09:50 AM   #62
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:

Dude that sucks:):):)

-David Cross
toolsong
05-12-2006, 10:08 AM

Quote:
I noticed my windshield had cracked in two places on the bottom right. It definitely was not a rock chip either. Each crack is about 12-15 inches long. Thank you Danny Carey!
In a modern car the windscreen is bonded to the chassis and contributes to the rigidity of the body.

I say you've been copying the Crusty Demons of dirt ;)
Old 05-12-2006, 10:08 AM   #63
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
I noticed my windshield had cracked in two places on the bottom right. It definitely was not a rock chip either. Each crack is about 12-15 inches long. Thank you Danny Carey!
In a modern car the windscreen is bonded to the chassis and contributes to the rigidity of the body.

I say you've been copying the Crusty Demons of dirt ;)

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply