opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Live » Concert Reviews: May-July 2006
User Name
Password
Old 05-02-2006, 11:33 AM   #1
Stealth Bomber

Bincount™: 37
2006/05/17 - Upper Darby, PA - Tower Theatre

SETLIST --

Lost Keys
Rosetta Stoned
Stinkfist
Forty Six & 2
Jambi
Schism
Right in Two
Sober
Lateralus
Vicarious
Ænema

*DO NOT POST IF YOU WERE NOT AT THE SHOW!

"Does this person ever post or is he a waste of space?" - fuckBrokers
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-17-2006, 07:18 PM   #2
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/05/17 - Upper Darby, PA - Tower Theatre

just got back from walking home from the tower.. despite a fellow board member promising me a ticket and not calling me to meet up, i went down to the tower, 1 mile from my house, and waited and waited and met someone really cool and had great conversations with them. eventually i went up to the door and saw some old faces i went to school with. after a firefighter let them in, the next time he came out, i went up to him and said:

"excuse me, sir, i couldn't help but notice you help out a couple friends of mine from high school and let them in. i was wondering if you could help me out, as well?"
"hmm, how many, just 2?"
"3, actually"
"ok, i'll be right back"

so we waited for about 4 minutes and i saw him at the door waving me in. so i nodded for olethia (sp?) and another ticketless fellow, justin over. olethia came but justin looked a little puzzled and stayed there. too bad he didn't come because we surely did get in.

from outside i could hear right in two so i'm fairly certain they performed the same set as the last few shows, but it closed as follows:

sober (which i caught about 3/4 of)
lateralus
--sit down break--
jam leading into vicarious
ænima

freakin a man. i paid nothing and still got to see tool.
that makes number 4.
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-17-2006, 07:28 PM   #3
Level 3 - Talker

hi jon... its me.. not you... well its kev and marie... your probably wondering how you made a post without posting... you not drunk... you gave me your pass word which is....... fu.

i love tool, so does marie... the show was fucking awesome. fucking. awesome.
i do believe rod stewert pooped his pants after this one.

sat third to last row from the back but seats still kicked ass, and marie is a fucking nut and walked up the asle about 20-30 rows for the last two songs and since no one seemed to mind and others were doing it we stayed there for the last 3 songs, and i just got home to wipe myself.

same setlist as the the past two shows... extended stinkfist kicked ass so did the extended bridge of schism ( first it sounded like adam went too fast, then they all kicked in together and oh my god... oh dear lord... doesnt get much better, go see it yourself. )

sober was definitley a highlight.

so was jambi

so was vicarious

so was schism

so was aenema

so was rosseta stoned

so was right in two

so was lateralus

so was that song they played

and that other song they played

at the end they all came out with the lights on and shook hands with the people in the first couple of rows, threw water bottles. drumsticks, dan fogleburgs, and drum head... for a band as alien and mysterious as tool they seemed like humans at the end which put a smile on everyones face... i can die happy now...

durp!
Old 05-17-2006, 07:35 PM   #4
Level 1 - Lurker

Set List:
Lost Keys/Rosetta Stoned
Stinkfist
Forty Six & 2
Jambi
Schism
Right in Two
Sober
Lateralus
Vicarious
Aenima

Maynard was a little sick and let the crowd know he wasn't feeling well. Some of the higher vocals took a hit but he held it together pretty well.
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-17-2006, 07:38 PM   #5
Level 4 - Thinker

"....i hope i didn't sound TOO horrible for you"

despite being sick, i thought he sounded great. during the lateralus tours, he did go flat a few times, but from everything i was able to witness, it was all good.

edit...by the way lateralus gave me chills more than once. yeezus.
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-17-2006, 07:43 PM   #6
dvn
Level 4 - Thinker

Some additional notes...

- Stinkfist was Extended... (no Suspicious Minds/White Lines interlude though)
- They did a cool little new intro to 46&2
- During Schism they sped up the slow interlude, new extended bit there, then played the interlude as normal.
- Right In Two had a teaser of the volume swells in Intesion as an intro.

-dvn
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-17-2006, 07:50 PM   #7
Level 1 - Lurker

This show was easily the best fucking performance i have ever seen in my life. I have seen Tool before but this show blew me away. They played brilliantly. In such an intimate venue, they were absolutely amazing.
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-17-2006, 07:51 PM   #8
Level 4 - Thinker

it was also cool seeing justin play the 3:47-4:07 higher distorted part on bass in vicarious. i never realized that could have been him, i just thought it was an over dub on the guitar.
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-17-2006, 07:54 PM   #9
Level 1 - Lurker

Tonight was my first time seeing tool, and they blew me away. You could hear them screw up a bit in some spots, but overall it was an amazing show. I couldnt have asked for more. The sound was good for the most part, but there were a few times when it was difficult to hear the guitar, although that might have been because of where i was.
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-17-2006, 07:54 PM   #10
Level 1 - Lurker

Most amazing experience ever in the history of live music for me. I have seen Tool before but too be able to see them from a distance allowing me to touch the stage was like nothing else.
Danny is not a human being. Really, as a drummer, I cannot even begin to explain what this man accomplishes with his limbs. His little jam session with Justin was unreal.
The entire band played amazing and although Maynard was sick he still got the job done and hardly missed a beat.
In Right In Two the band got off time pretty bad but Adam just shook his head, walked over to Danny then looked at Justin, then with one powerful hit from Danny they were back in time. AMAZING, for them to mess up like that and get back to where they should have been just shows how strongly they are connected.
My friend who sat in the back caught one of Danny's heads which I am sooooo jeolous about and everyone who sat around me was really solid and were genuine tool fans.
Although it was a little short, it was still amazing and I loved every second.
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-17-2006, 08:06 PM   #11
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvn
Some additional notes...

- Stinkfist was Extended... (no Suspicious Minds/White Lines interlude though)
- They did a cool little new intro to 46&2
- During Schism they sped up the slow interlude, new extended bit there, then played the interlude as normal.
- Right In Two had a teaser of the volume swells in Intesion as an intro.

-dvn
I couldn't believe how badly the crowd missed the beginning of the vocals in Stinkfist after the interlude/jam or whatever you call it. So many people were off that I thought the band was actually with them for a second. How could so many people only know the album version? Have they EVER played it that way live?
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-17-2006, 08:20 PM   #12
Level 4 - Thinker

Amazing.

It is still sinking in.

Didnt play The Pot, but how could I be disappointed?
I was able to get Floor row GG tickets.

The only regret on the performance was too much in the lower register. It was hard to distinguish the bass lines. The bass vibrated my throat!!!

"Philly's just as I remembered"

"So the new album came out...with new albums come new songs...heres one of them." (Jambi)
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-17-2006, 08:40 PM   #13
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 2

Adam left his mark on the theater by somehow getting a drumhead to sail alllll the way to the ceiling. What an arm on that guy.
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-17-2006, 08:42 PM   #14
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 12

wow im so happy
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-17-2006, 08:47 PM   #15
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHEW!!!

got 2 tickets today (7:30ish) face value, me and my brother, what a great show.

"Philly, just as I remember it" - The only way to fix it is to flush it all away.
Old 05-17-2006, 08:48 PM   #16
$2 + a potato = $2

Bincount™: 7267

I'll post a more in-depth review tomorrow after work.

Good show, Maynard was sick, which made it a little bit less amazing.
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-17-2006, 08:56 PM   #17
Level 4 - Thinker

Good show! Nice venue to see this band. The 10,000 Days songs sound great live. The Rosetta Stoned opener is tasty, and Jambi is really tight live. The little "jams" in between songs are a treat, as is the new Schism breakdown.
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-17-2006, 08:57 PM   #18
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

"Maynard was sick, which made it a little bit less amazing."

Not form where I was standing, didn't hurt my experience at all, during the Vicarious "scream", to my ears, he seemed to hit it.

During Rosetta, something happened in the front couple of rows, on Adams side, Maynard motioned to the security guards to remove someone or something, and then he seemed to be pissed the rest of the night which always makes for a great Maynard performance.
Old 05-17-2006, 08:59 PM   #19
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 751

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifty50fs
Adam left his mark on the theater by somehow getting a drumhead to sail alllll the way to the ceiling. What an arm on that guy.
aw man i almost fell over laughing when that happened. danny is fucking insane. Right in Two was nothing less than mind blowing. ugh my head feels so fucked up right now, im going to bed and posting something more tomorrow. what a fucking night.
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-17-2006, 09:04 PM   #20
Level 1 - Lurker

Maynard sick, could barely decipher anything from him. 46 & 2 and Schism changes definitely awesome, Tower Theatre acoustics SUCKED listening from lower balcony, Justin dominated a little too much, I didn't think the band was too inspired. Felt like a "warm-up" gig, not sure they know exactly what they want to accomplish on any given night yet. A slight let down for me. Hopefully when they come back in late summer, all the kinks will be worked out. I don't know. Maynard seems to be "burnt out" already.
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-17-2006, 09:09 PM   #21
Level 3 - Talker

severly disappointing. i flew to philly from north carolina by myself, since i only came up with one ticket. the ticket was horrible, second to last row on the floor, but i was hoping the small venue would make up for it.

it didn't.

i was in the seat right next to the door leading to the aisle. i had to deal with people talking constantly during the show as they came back from getting another round of beer. there was hardly any energy in the crowd. i know because i could see everyone very cleary from behind. during most songs the crowd was just standing there with a few people bobbing around.

i have no complaints with the band. maynard was sick but at least he still sang. he didn't sing certain lines to songs and on others he lowered the notes so he could hit them with ease, but it was still a good performance. the rest of the band did fine with a few fuck ups.

my problem was the sound. the volume was horrible. i'm sure it was better closer to the front, but being so far back it was like hearing the band from a distance. i could get louder and cleaner sound in my shitty stock sound system in my car. i just couldn't get into the show at all because the music wasn't driving enough, and no one else was really feeling it either from what i could see with the exception of a few around the front.

next time i won't settle for bad seats. glad some people enjoyed it.

Quote:
Maynard seems to be "burnt out" already.
i agree with this. could have been because he was sick, but it seemed like he was just going through the motions.

Last edited by thegears; 05-17-2006 at 09:13 PM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-17-2006, 09:26 PM   #22
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 73

show was good. maynard didn't seem too into it, but i guess he was sick. i was surprised, as mentioned before, people didn't get in to it that much. guess it's hard when there's all seats. was a good show either way. adam did manage to hit the side wall all the way near the top with the drum head, he gave the crowd some nice geeky waves and awkward smiles too.
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-17-2006, 09:26 PM   #23
Level 7 - Loquacious

I have just returned from the show so I have decided to write about it now so it is still fresh in my mind. This was my 5th Tool show.

The pre-show

Wednesday May 17, 2006 - I wasn't feeling very well when I woke up or at work today. I left with sick time at noon and came home to rest up before the show. I left for the Tower Theatre around 3:30pm. I know it seems early considering the 8:30 show time, but one of my favorite parts of going to any show is standing outside the venue in line and talking with other fans. I always find it interesting to hear stories of how people got into different bands, travel stories, stories about trouble obtaining tickets, and just generally shooting the shit.

I arrived at the Tower around 4:30 and found that I was the 6th person in line in behind a nice couple from Philly and in front of a really cool guy named Josh who drove all the way from South Carolina for the show. He said it took him 11 hours on the way up. His story reminded me of the days when I had to travel great distances to see the bands I wanted to see. Tool is only playing a hand full of dates before heading to Europe and Philly was the closest to this guy and he still made the trek...that's a fan.

I had 2 extra tickets to get rid of due to circumstances earlier in the week being what they were. I had one guy coming from WV to trade me for a Radiohead ticket...he showed up right when he said he would and we made the exchange. The other ticket was promised to a girl that contacted me via Craigslist from Jersey. I told her she could have it if she got there before the doors opened. The doors were opening and she was nowhere in sight. As I was being rushed in the by people behind me I had to make a quick deal. I ended up swapping Josh(the dude from SC) my closer extra ticket for his regular ticket and I sold the regular ticket to this guy who came to the venue in hopes to find a ticket but got shut out. I was talking to this guy when I first got to the theatre and he looked like he was about to burst into tears because he was on the verge of being shut out to see his favorite band in the world. Due to all the scalping that had been going on he just couldn't find a ticket. The guys face lit up when I let him have the extra ticket I got from Josh at face value. I was glad he got to see the show. He deserved it.

Josh and I went to our seats and we were STUNNED at how good the seats were. We were 8 rows back from the stage and close enough to smell what the band had for lunch. The Tower is a fantastic venue and I would like to see more shows there...beautiful, classy place. We were getting very excited to see Tool play and we settled in for a tense experience.

The curtain literally went up at 8:45 - no opening band...just straight up Tool. If you have never seen Tool play live...I highly recommend it. It is one of the most rewarding experiences I've had. Every time I see them it just makes me feel so good.

The Review

When the first bass chords began to ring out...all the normal problems of everyday life and the sickness I had been feeling all day just dropped away. And for the next hour and 45 minutes I was engaged in an utterly communal, functional, modular, collective experience with every person in the place. The crowd seemed to move as one while 4 amazingly well rounded musicians and human beings wove a tapestry of swirling, churning, living, breathing, harmonious music that took life on stage and reached out to the hearts minds and(as is always the case with Tool) eyes of everyone in attendance. They played old favorites and new gems and all the while I was in awe, just as I always have been, at how these 4 people seem to come together from the corners of the earth - each at a contrasting end of the spectrum - to form a symbiotic existance for as long as they decide.

Everyone in the Tower Theatre was steamrolled by a freight train tonight, and the experience was worth all the hassle, the bullshit, the wrangling, and the headaches. This is not a night I will soon forget.

The Aftermath

I know it seems cliche, but Tool is truly no ordinary band. Most bands follow a formula of record, tour, tour some more, do a live album, tour, make a video, tour, go to rehab, do a comeback album, die. The members of Tool have a vast array of projects and interests outside of the band that keep their attention in off time and allow for time between albums to stretch and to let people digest their latest offering. Most albums are a total of 50 minutes..45 minutes...some are 30 minutes in lenghth total. Tool continually pushes the boundaries of music by recording these huge sonic landscapes that can't be taken in during a single sitting. Tool records are generally 77:59 seconds long...with the newest CD's allowing for 78 minutes of audio. It takes some people months and years to fully absorb a new Tool record. I still listen to past Tool albums and find new things that I haven't heard in the last 5,000 times I have listened. The band supports the process of digestion by allowing things to marinate for 5 or 6 years before coming back together to start again. It's a unique process that really sets Tool apart in the rock world as a band that doesn't play up or down to their fans, but rather works with the fans so that both they and the band have the best experience possible. Tool has always been very vocal on the subject of personal emotional growth and they show this by bucking the system of normal forms of promotion, print ads, video interviews and such, not worrying about sales and promotion(because they really don't do much promo). It is seldom to never that you see Tool on television. In their own music videos they don't even show their faces...they want the music and imagery associated with it to speak for them. Their official website doesn't even say much about the new album...because they know it doesn't have to. They just leave it to the people who love the music to spread the word. And it must be working because their new album is #1 in the world right now.

I would be hard pressed to find a experience that tops seeing Tool in Indianapolis in 2001 for me, but this comes very close. So, if this wasn't the best show I've ever been to, then it was an extremely close second. I had a great time and I feel really priveledged to have been a part of the event.

The best part? I get to do it all again on Friday night when I see Tool play the City Center Theatre in NYC! It shall be glorious. Stay tuned.

Last edited by electribe1; 05-17-2006 at 09:30 PM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-17-2006, 09:29 PM   #24
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimble

Not form where I was standing, didn't hurt my experience at all, during the Vicarious "scream", to my ears, he seemed to hit it.

During Rosetta, something happened in the front couple of rows, on Adams side, Maynard motioned to the security guards to remove someone or something, and then he seemed to be pissed the rest of the night which always makes for a great Maynard performance.
there was a guy on the stage taking pictures...maynard threw the cap of his water bottle at the guy and hit him in the head...the guy stopped...maynard looked pissed
Old 05-17-2006, 09:33 PM   #25
Level 4 - Thinker

how can peoples opinions vary sooooooooo much?
Old 05-17-2006, 09:33 PM   #26
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by fartbender
just got back from walking home from the tower.. despite a fellow board member promising me a ticket and not calling me to meet up, i went down to the tower, 1 mile from my house, and waited and waited and met someone really cool and had great conversations with them. eventually i went up to the door and saw some old faces i went to school with. after a firefighter let them in, the next time he came out, i went up to him and said:

"excuse me, sir, i couldn't help but notice you help out a couple friends of mine from high school and let them in. i was wondering if you could help me out, as well?"
"hmm, how many, just 2?"
"3, actually"
"ok, i'll be right back"

so we waited for about 4 minutes and i saw him at the door waving me in. so i nodded for olethia (sp?) and another ticketless fellow, justin over. olethia came but justin looked a little puzzled and stayed there. too bad he didn't come because we surely did get in.

from outside i could hear right in two so i'm fairly certain they performed the same set as the last few shows, but it closed as follows:

sober (which i caught about 3/4 of)
lateralus
--sit down break--
jam leading into vicarious
ænima

freakin a man. i paid nothing and still got to see tool.
that makes number 4.
I am that fellow board member...and i did call...got voicemail 3 times
Old 05-17-2006, 09:35 PM   #27

Bincount™: 1

a couple comments:

this was the best concert I've been to, I would say. just being so close and being able to watch everybody so clearly, it was quite an experience.

I'm pretty convinced that maynard looked straight at somebody when he sang the "silly monkeys" verses for Right in Two. I think it was the same area that someone else mentioned with a guy that got kicked out. I wonder what shit happened...

Maynard fuckups: 1) couple measures early in rosetta stoned, he knew it though and stopped singing while standing there lookin pissed at himself 2) couple measures early on the ending of jambi, the rest of the band realized it and looked at each other to figure ou8t when to end the song 3) flipped around some lyrics in aenima.

just thought it was cool to see how the band reacts to mess ups like that.

great show, for sure
Old 05-17-2006, 09:36 PM   #28
Level 1 - Lurker

After much anticipation - tonight was finally the night. I found the previous reviews to be pretty much accurate. Played the same set as the past 2-3 nights, freakin awesome by all means. My only qualm was that for a "front man" Maynard was lame. I just think that for someone making such adamant statements against society (which I don't necessarily disagree with) it seems to weaken the disposition of the band when the one that should be taking the lead is cowering in the background under a cowboy hat. I know that that's kind of his deal with the whole mysterious setting, but gay when you're standing behind the drummer - don't know what to say between songs - just seems like you're a scared little girl . C'mon, grow some balls, get out front, get in our face. If you mean what you say - show it. You have nothing to hide. Your band is really amongst the best, your lyrical ability is beyond 99% of what's out there.. Not that you have to be jumping around head-banging like a mindless twit, but show me - show us - you mean what you say. A little conviction. That's all. No one else is scared, why are you?
-----------------Mr think for yourself, question authority
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-17-2006, 09:37 PM   #29
predicticus maximus

Bincount™: 2

Awesome show.. the sound was a little brickwalled. awesome setlist. Ive got a few videos on my Canon Digital and about 80 pics.. Ive torrent them if anyones interesteed.
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-17-2006, 09:39 PM   #30
Level 2 - Poster

detroit was better
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-17-2006, 09:47 PM   #31
Level 2 - Poster

.....but i've never been to a bad Tool show
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-17-2006, 09:52 PM   #32
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

About getting autographs...

Security were being big old dick heads "stay one the sidewalk or we call the cops..."

When they put up the gates and tell you "the band will not be signing autographs" they are trying to get people to go home and not wait it out. Just give it 1-2 hours after the show and you will get to meet most of the band,
You most likely won't get to meet Maynard, he leaves very soon after the show ends
The rest of the bad will come out and sign stuff, Danny likes purple markers for some reason.
The guys in the band probably hear "you fuckin rock man" 100 times a night.
Old 05-17-2006, 10:08 PM   #33
Level 1 - Lurker

Well, what more can I say that hasn't already been said? Tool was incredible! This was the third time I've seen them live, and I have to say that they really blew me away this time around! The bass was so deep and thick that you could feel it pound against your chest, and every song was incredibly tight. Some of them, such as Schism, had extended parts added that made them even more incredible. Maynard was sick but you sure couldn't tell when he belted out the chorus of "Sober" or "Lateralus".

I was a little dissapointed that the setlist remained the same.. was hoping for "Wings for Marie / 10,000 Days" and really missed "The Patient". But that's OK, Tool will be back and I'm sure they'll have even more tricks up their sleeve!
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-17-2006, 10:34 PM   #34
Level 2 - Poster

I am so tired. I wish I could read all of the other posts before posting, but I have to just put my 2 cents out there. This was my 5th Tool show, and my brother's first Tool show. For me it was great to see Tool again, unlike any other live experience, and to see the new material is breathtaking. I had my little issues with the acoustics in the Tower, but all in all it was one of the best I've seen. The BEST show I've ever seen was San Diego, CA, Cox arena on Halloween 2001. While most people have already pointed out the few slip ups, I agree that it is really interesting to watch how the band recovers from that. They play wicked complicated stuff anyway, and when something goes wrong, it would be all over for most bands. Tool fixes it with a few stares and a nod. Fantastic musicianship.

I have to be up for work in 3 hours, must turn off self, and put Tool memories away until tomorrow....

G'nite all!
Iluvatar
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-17-2006, 10:41 PM   #35
Level 3 - Talker

First Tool show, best musical experience of my life. I feel my life is now complete lol. I had terrible seats... third row from the top, row P it was. It was on the left of the theater if your facing the stage, was anyone around that area? The acoustics sucked at the Tower. Couldnt really hear vocals at points. You could tell Maynard was either just sick as hell or burnt out or a mix of both. He didnt say much at all, no jokes or anything. But all in all you cant beat seeing tool live, theres nothing better in music. Cant wait for the Summer tour when Maynard isnt fucking sick. O and Danny is the absolute shit.
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-17-2006, 11:08 PM   #36

Bincount™: 4

i didn't get up there until like 7:30 so i wasn't around to meet up with people before the show at that bar.

i was in the 3rd to last row on the floor and i had no problems, all the people around me were way into the show, moving around, singing - i don't get why some people are saying the crowd wasn't into it. that was my 4th Tool show, probably my favorite so far mainly because they played my 2 favorite songs (Lateralus andd 46 + 2), I could see them so well, and I knew all their songs better than back then. Maynard definately seemed sick, sounded fine but like others said, didn't talk much, but he'lll have all day tomorrow to rest and get ready for 2 more nights in NYC, which I will get to see also, thank God.....one Tool show is never enough. I do not need drugs to see this band live, they are the drug. I can't wait until NYC!!!

"It's become appallingly clear that our technology has surpassed our humanity. When I look at you, I think that one day - our humanity might actually surpass our technology."
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-17-2006, 11:47 PM   #37
Level 1 - Lurker

show was sick....visuals captivated me....i was in lower balcony, directly in the middle and i could hear everything just fine....also, would like to thank 94.1wysp and 93.3wmmr for rockin some TooL on the way home....always a pleasure to here them on the radio...
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-18-2006, 01:37 AM   #38
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by original f/x
how can peoples opinions vary sooooooooo much?

It's because tower theaters acoustics suck really bad at times. basically low and in front (Loge, front to middle rows first level) works best for acoustics, and of course it's good for viewing as well.... i do have to say the house was stretched to the limit during that little feedback display/segue.....however, from the aisle in the far right balcony, it actually sounded pretty decent ...

~Matt
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-18-2006, 02:30 AM   #39
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimble

Quote:
Originally Posted by electribe1
there was a guy on the stage taking pictures...maynard threw the cap of his water bottle at the guy and hit him in the head...the guy stopped...maynard looked pissed
I was in the 3rd row on that side right in front of Adam. It was their friend Kevin Willis taking pictures. Maynard threw the bottle cap at him all in good fun.
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-18-2006, 03:18 AM   #40
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 10

Good show. My eighth time seeing them. I was third row in the first balcony. Sound was awful at times, fine at others. The band performed masterfully, as usual. Maynard was sick and obviously completely out of it -- I've never seen him like that before. Literally just standing there doing nothing except go through the motions of singing the songs. You could practically feel him pining for the tour bus. Didn't seem to want to be there. "But I couldn't let Philadelphia down," he said. Which was very nice to say.

Not into the cowboy hat, but nobody's asking me for fashion advice, either.

Watched Danny for most of the show. Iiiiiiiincredible.
OFFLINE |  

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: