Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » 01. Vicarious
User Name
Password
testspecimen's Avatar testspecimen
08-20-2006, 11:28 AM

Firstly, etc43, you are of course right.

anarcho-commie, I got into Tool from one song, and enjoyed it so much that I had to hear the album. Vicarious getting played on the radio at all is surely a good thing (I live in the UK and I've heard Tool no more than twice on the radio ever). If more people get in to Tool because they heard Vicarious on the radio then that means that they're listening to the album (even if that album is 10,000 Days).

Schism was the first Tool song I ever heard, as a result of that I went out to buy Lateralus, then snapped up a chance to see them live, and now I think they're probably the best band around today. Maybe Vicarious getting airplay will have the same effect.
Old 08-20-2006, 11:28 AM   #41
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Re: Is Vicarious getting overplayed?

anarcho-commie, I got into Tool from one song, and enjoyed it so much that I had to hear the album. Vicarious getting played on the radio at all is surely a good thing (I live in the UK and I've heard Tool no more than twice on the radio ever). If more people get in to Tool because they heard Vicarious on the radio then that means that they're listening to the album (even if that album is 10,000 Days).

Schism was the first Tool song I ever heard, as a result of that I went out to buy Lateralus, then snapped up a chance to see them live, and now I think they're probably the best band around today. Maybe Vicarious getting airplay will have the same effect.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
anarcho-commie's Avatar anarcho-commie
08-20-2006, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by testspecimen View Post

That's not what I'm talking about though. I think everyone got misconceptions from this thread. What I'm trying to say is the exact opposite of what you said. I'm talking about people who settle for one Tool song (vicarious) and dont even take the time to get into more Tool songs. Just listen to that one song and think that they're big Tool fans.
Old 08-20-2006, 02:03 PM   #42
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by testspecimen View Post

That's not what I'm talking about though. I think everyone got misconceptions from this thread. What I'm trying to say is the exact opposite of what you said. I'm talking about people who settle for one Tool song (vicarious) and dont even take the time to get into more Tool songs. Just listen to that one song and think that they're big Tool fans.
08-20-2006, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anarcho-commie View Post
Have faith my man. Tool's music being on the radio will lead to people really getting into the band, thus becoming real fans in the process... Having said that I'd be happier if they played Jambi on the radio. Much better tune imhbco.
Old 08-20-2006, 03:02 PM   #43
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
Have faith my man. Tool's music being on the radio will lead to people really getting into the band, thus becoming real fans in the process... Having said that I'd be happier if they played Jambi on the radio. Much better tune imhbco.
Alex in Chains's Avatar Alex in Chains
08-20-2006, 10:52 PM

Quote:
And then they "claim Tool." And school is not a credible source of information. And you're a true OGT, even though you were 2 years old when Opiate was released. We get it. Why are you still explaining away the ridiculous shit you've posted so far? You made an ass of yourself, you're an idiot, and you should be embarrassed that you're still trying to rationalize your vapid and inconsequential opinions. Shut up.
<ru5ty> wat
Old 08-20-2006, 10:52 PM   #44
Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone

Bincount™: 2934

Quote:
And then they "claim Tool." And school is not a credible source of information. And you're a true OGT, even though you were 2 years old when Opiate was released. We get it. Why are you still explaining away the ridiculous shit you've posted so far? You made an ass of yourself, you're an idiot, and you should be embarrassed that you're still trying to rationalize your vapid and inconsequential opinions. Shut up.
<ru5ty> wat
egrue
08-21-2006, 12:30 AM

Wow, anarcho-commie! Congrats on being the most hated on poster I've seen in a while! Doesn't that feel great deep down inside? Oh no, wait, that's just our big internet cock giving you a total ass fucking! (I think we can all agree that you probably like it.) Have a nice day!

Last edited by egrue; 08-21-2006 at 12:35 AM..
Old 08-21-2006, 12:30 AM   #45

Bincount™: 5

Wow, anarcho-commie! Congrats on being the most hated on poster I've seen in a while! Doesn't that feel great deep down inside? Oh no, wait, that's just our big internet cock giving you a total ass fucking! (I think we can all agree that you probably like it.) Have a nice day!

Last edited by egrue; 08-21-2006 at 12:35 AM..
Opiate Son's Avatar Opiate Son
08-21-2006, 10:02 AM

Quote:
i think everyone here could use a vacation from your, stupid shit. why don't you do us all a favor and take a deep breath, maybe you'll actually suck your pants up your ass! grow up little boy!
Old 08-21-2006, 10:02 AM   #46
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 43

Quote:
i think everyone here could use a vacation from your, stupid shit. why don't you do us all a favor and take a deep breath, maybe you'll actually suck your pants up your ass! grow up little boy!
08-21-2006, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex in Chains View Post
Yes, they claim Tool, claim that they are #1 tool fans when in reality they just only heard one song. School isn't a credible source of information. That's fact. You're taught nationalist propaganda. Things that make your country look good. Even an idiot would understand that. And how much of an ass do you have to be to think that I was actually being serious about the "true OGT" shit? I was mocking those people that do like to consider themselves true OGTs. How fucking hard is that to understand. If I was being serious, would I have put a ":D" at the end of the sentence? Use common sence.
Old 08-21-2006, 10:23 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex in Chains View Post
Yes, they claim Tool, claim that they are #1 tool fans when in reality they just only heard one song. School isn't a credible source of information. That's fact. You're taught nationalist propaganda. Things that make your country look good. Even an idiot would understand that. And how much of an ass do you have to be to think that I was actually being serious about the "true OGT" shit? I was mocking those people that do like to consider themselves true OGTs. How fucking hard is that to understand. If I was being serious, would I have put a ":D" at the end of the sentence? Use common sence.
08-21-2006, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Here in Denver, they've been playing it at least 4 times a day on one radio station. Is this happening anywhere else? I hate when they do shit like this, it brings in unwanted Tool "fans." The "YEAH I LIKE TOOL THAT SONG VICARIOUS IS THE SHIT" kind of fans.
um, get a better station? Sounds like you guys have shitty stations? Um, move to Seattle? Some of the best readio in the country?!?!!!

http://www.kisw.com ?

um, yeah!
Old 08-21-2006, 02:44 PM   #48
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 16

Quote:
Here in Denver, they've been playing it at least 4 times a day on one radio station. Is this happening anywhere else? I hate when they do shit like this, it brings in unwanted Tool "fans." The "YEAH I LIKE TOOL THAT SONG VICARIOUS IS THE SHIT" kind of fans.
um, get a better station? Sounds like you guys have shitty stations? Um, move to Seattle? Some of the best readio in the country?!?!!!

um, yeah!
08-21-2006, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justify_denials View Post

um, yeah!
Seattle? Fuck yeah, that's where I've been planning to to move as soon as I'm 18.
Old 08-21-2006, 02:46 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by justify_denials View Post

um, yeah!
Seattle? Fuck yeah, that's where I've been planning to to move as soon as I'm 18.
08-21-2006, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Yeah, true, they don't go into our country's large amount of of government corruption, conspiracies I.E., and why we celebrate a racist murdering pig like christopher columbus? DAMN! we have a holiday about him and he came over here and killed thousands of indians! Hist

fick/ fuck, I fucked up and cut my paragragh that proboly is'nt that much readable due to being really drunkso just disregard any previous statement/s
im fine

fuck

Last edited by justify_denials; 08-21-2006 at 03:37 PM..
Old 08-21-2006, 02:57 PM   #50
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Yeah, true, they don't go into our country's large amount of of government corruption, conspiracies I.E., and why we celebrate a racist murdering pig like christopher columbus? DAMN! we have a holiday about him and he came over here and killed thousands of indians! Hist

fick/ fuck, I fucked up and cut my paragragh that proboly is'nt that much readable due to being really drunkso just disregard any previous statement/s
im fine

fuck

Last edited by justify_denials; 08-21-2006 at 03:37 PM..
justify_denials's Avatar justify_denials
08-21-2006, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Seattle is nice! We got a large local music scene here, lots of great radio, lots of shit to do. It's not bad here. Oh, and the Gorge in central Washington I hear people say it's one of the best places in the country to see a concert, and I have been there a few times and I am going to see tool on the 27th there. Seclusion, practicly out in the middle of nowhere, in the Gorge, and the huge ass Columbia river flowing nearby, none the less, It's a great place to see any band!

Last edited by justify_denials; 08-21-2006 at 03:06 PM..
Old 08-21-2006, 02:58 PM   #51
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Seattle is nice! We got a large local music scene here, lots of great radio, lots of shit to do. It's not bad here. Oh, and the Gorge in central Washington I hear people say it's one of the best places in the country to see a concert, and I have been there a few times and I am going to see tool on the 27th there. Seclusion, practicly out in the middle of nowhere, in the Gorge, and the huge ass Columbia river flowing nearby, none the less, It's a great place to see any band!

Last edited by justify_denials; 08-21-2006 at 03:06 PM..
Nizzem
08-23-2006, 07:27 AM

They hardly ever play it here in Toronto.
Old 08-23-2006, 07:27 AM   #52
Level 3 - Talker

Where_Is_Mother
08-23-2006, 03:21 PM

Well, I never hear Tool on the radio much but if they did play it, even one song all day I'd be happy 'cause I really hate most shit on the radio. I can't take this emo shit much longer :(
Old 08-23-2006, 03:21 PM   #53
Level 2 - Poster

Well, I never hear Tool on the radio much but if they did play it, even one song all day I'd be happy 'cause I really hate most shit on the radio. I can't take this emo shit much longer :(
Where_Is_Mother
08-23-2006, 03:30 PM

Then I read through this shit and see everyone arguing like this shit's gonna make any difference at all. Wow.
Old 08-23-2006, 03:30 PM   #54
Level 2 - Poster

Then I read through this shit and see everyone arguing like this shit's gonna make any difference at all. Wow.
Absolute_Zero's Avatar Absolute_Zero
08-23-2006, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nizzem View Post
What radio station are you listening to? Its on edge 102 at least 2x a day ... and Firday nights they play tons of Tool (old and new).
Old 08-23-2006, 03:47 PM   #55
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 255

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nizzem View Post
What radio station are you listening to? Its on edge 102 at least 2x a day ... and Firday nights they play tons of Tool (old and new).
08-24-2006, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Identity 010 View Post
In the car with your mom?
I'm just curious as to how old you are, since you claim to be so wordly when it comes to all things Tool. Yet your general attitude and reactions point directly at immaturity, which would make a lot of sense considering your transportation arrangements. Must be her car because if it was your own, you would be in control of the radio.
If mommy is still driving you, I assume you can't be more than 20 and if so, for shame. Were you listening to Tool when you were 7? Because Undertow was released in '93. You didn't start at the beginning of Tool either, so get off your high self-important horse.

You enjoy Tool on your own level. Get as deep into it as you like because hell, it's an experience to do so. But don't harp on the new guys just getting interested in Tool. You think you have some sort of holy ground to defend? Saving all of Tool-dom with your heroics? Fending off the new generations of Tool fans from the ones who have been enjoying it for many years? Spare us your theatrics.

I don't see how Tool getting exposure on the radio is bad. Tool isn't exactly an underground band or well-kept secret. They are almost mainstream... so much so that when Lateralus was released the local Top40 and pop radio stations here gave Schism some airtime. Very odd hearing Tool sandwiched between Britney and Mariah. But it may mesmerize a few interested people who will find more depth and meaning in bands like Tool. These people may become more what you deem acceptable and less what you obviously hate so much.

You do need to get a grip though because you overreacted in a major way back there.
Live and let live. Ignore the ignorant. Your Tool will never be their Tool so don't worry about it.

^^^^^RIGHTTHEFUCKON!^^^^^^^^
Old 08-24-2006, 01:11 PM   #56
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Identity 010 View Post
In the car with your mom?
I'm just curious as to how old you are, since you claim to be so wordly when it comes to all things Tool. Yet your general attitude and reactions point directly at immaturity, which would make a lot of sense considering your transportation arrangements. Must be her car because if it was your own, you would be in control of the radio.
If mommy is still driving you, I assume you can't be more than 20 and if so, for shame. Were you listening to Tool when you were 7? Because Undertow was released in '93. You didn't start at the beginning of Tool either, so get off your high self-important horse.

You enjoy Tool on your own level. Get as deep into it as you like because hell, it's an experience to do so. But don't harp on the new guys just getting interested in Tool. You think you have some sort of holy ground to defend? Saving all of Tool-dom with your heroics? Fending off the new generations of Tool fans from the ones who have been enjoying it for many years? Spare us your theatrics.

I don't see how Tool getting exposure on the radio is bad. Tool isn't exactly an underground band or well-kept secret. They are almost mainstream... so much so that when Lateralus was released the local Top40 and pop radio stations here gave Schism some airtime. Very odd hearing Tool sandwiched between Britney and Mariah. But it may mesmerize a few interested people who will find more depth and meaning in bands like Tool. These people may become more what you deem acceptable and less what you obviously hate so much.

You do need to get a grip though because you overreacted in a major way back there.
Live and let live. Ignore the ignorant. Your Tool will never be their Tool so don't worry about it.

^^^^^RIGHTTHEFUCKON!^^^^^^^^
clarity.'s Avatar clarity.
08-24-2006, 01:15 PM

YES, "Vicarious" is getting overplayed. Tool is a pop band. End of thread.
Old 08-24-2006, 01:15 PM   #57
a moon full of stars
Suicide Booth ID: 23

Bincount™: 6220

08-24-2006, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarityinwithdrawl View Post

ppsssstttt

You dropped your pocket.
Old 08-24-2006, 01:27 PM   #58
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarityinwithdrawl View Post

ppsssstttt

You dropped your pocket.
08-24-2006, 01:28 PM

You have zero bin posts. You are worthless.
Old 08-24-2006, 01:28 PM   #59
a moon full of stars

You have zero bin posts. You are worthless.
08-24-2006, 02:07 PM

Here's a crazy idea:

Not judging who is and isn't a 'real' Tool fan.

How could you possibly measure that? By who heard them first? By who's seen them the most? One person could have heard the first half of a Tool song and be unbelievably compelled by it - so much so that she or he appreciates it more than someone who is a 'real' fan. Someone who knows every single tiny thing about the band and the music that she or he has gathered from years of gigs, VIP passes, websites, newsletters and magazine cuttings.

Who the fuck are we to decide who is worthy of listening to them. Who the fuck are we to assume that we know how to identify a 'real' Tool fan to someone who just wants in on 'the scene'?

Get a grip.

Oh, and Liquid Identity 010... nice work.
http://toolnavy.com/showthread.php?t=79756
Old 08-24-2006, 02:07 PM   #60
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 4

Here's a crazy idea:

How could you possibly measure that? By who heard them first? By who's seen them the most? One person could have heard the first half of a Tool song and be unbelievably compelled by it - so much so that she or he appreciates it more than someone who is a 'real' fan. Someone who knows every single tiny thing about the band and the music that she or he has gathered from years of gigs, VIP passes, websites, newsletters and magazine cuttings.

Who the fuck are we to decide who is worthy of listening to them. Who the fuck are we to assume that we know how to identify a 'real' Tool fan to someone who just wants in on 'the scene'?

Get a grip.

transcend187's Avatar transcend187
08-24-2006, 02:15 PM

Good show, people.
Old 08-24-2006, 02:15 PM   #61
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 1439

Good show, people.
10,000 boobies
08-24-2006, 04:10 PM

Underplayed
Old 08-24-2006, 04:10 PM   #62
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Underplayed
08-24-2006, 06:08 PM

10,000 boobies should post in the bin

if he/she isn't a complete tool fanboi
Old 08-24-2006, 06:08 PM   #63
a moon full of stars

10,000 boobies should post in the bin

if he/she isn't a complete tool fanboi
08-25-2006, 04:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chai_nese View Post
Here's a crazy idea:

Get a grip.

thank you! i get tired of listening to these "kids" talk about who likes Tool the most. completly retarded.
Old 08-25-2006, 04:22 AM   #64
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 43

Quote:
Here's a crazy idea:

Get a grip.

thank you! i get tired of listening to these "kids" talk about who likes Tool the most. completly retarded.
08-25-2006, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opiate Son View Post
definitely. some people need to introduce to the idea of getting a grip, as oppose to justifying their undying love for the band by slating that of others.
Old 08-25-2006, 04:23 PM   #65
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opiate Son View Post
definitely. some people need to introduce to the idea of getting a grip, as oppose to justifying their undying love for the band by slating that of others.
OGT from back in the day's Avatar OGT from back in the day
08-30-2006, 06:46 PM

im not gonna lie, i dont know what an anarcho-commie is, what is it?
Old 08-30-2006, 06:46 PM   #66

Bincount™: 2

im not gonna lie, i dont know what an anarcho-commie is, what is it?
Prison Sex's Avatar Prison Sex
08-30-2006, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Here's a crazy idea:

Get a grip.

I'd say someone who actually goes out and buys the bands albums are fans. I see plenty of people where I live who know about Tool only from the songs played on the radio. Fans? I think not.
Old 08-30-2006, 10:09 PM   #67
Walker of Dissonant Worlds

Bincount™: 770

Quote:
Here's a crazy idea:

Get a grip.

I'd say someone who actually goes out and buys the bands albums are fans. I see plenty of people where I live who know about Tool only from the songs played on the radio. Fans? I think not.
08-31-2006, 12:09 AM

Quote:

here in the uk, tool on the radio is a rare thing, so all i can say is no.
Old 08-31-2006, 12:09 AM   #68

Quote:

here in the uk, tool on the radio is a rare thing, so all i can say is no.
Luosdasa's Avatar Luosdasa
08-31-2006, 01:23 AM

wow, sounds like you guys have really very shite radio...

hurrahh for the great nation-wide aus station!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!

lol, and i always laugh at how often infomation on tool comes out first on JJJ... doesnt make any sense to me... but i like it :D
Old 08-31-2006, 01:23 AM   #69
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 104

wow, sounds like you guys have really very shite radio...

hurrahh for the great nation-wide aus station!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!

lol, and i always laugh at how often infomation on tool comes out first on JJJ... doesnt make any sense to me... but i like it :D
SunBurN's Avatar SunBurN
08-31-2006, 10:43 AM

On Theend up here in Seattle, both Vicarious and The Pot are common, along with older TOOL like Parabola, Lateralus, Prison Sex, Sober etc, and I've also heard a couple of times Jambi and Rosetta Stoned too!
Old 08-31-2006, 10:43 AM   #70

On Theend up here in Seattle, both Vicarious and The Pot are common, along with older TOOL like Parabola, Lateralus, Prison Sex, Sober etc, and I've also heard a couple of times Jambi and Rosetta Stoned too!
08-31-2006, 10:57 AM

I really wouldn't know if it's being over played. I only listen to AM radio. FM sucks. Besides, why wouldnt they play the shit out of it. Vicarious is the shit!
Old 08-31-2006, 10:57 AM   #71
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 8

I really wouldn't know if it's being over played. I only listen to AM radio. FM sucks. Besides, why wouldnt they play the shit out of it. Vicarious is the shit!
paper_head
08-31-2006, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunBurN View Post
Damn. I wish Columbus had a rock station like that. The Blitz and The Big Wazu only play Tool's songs that were released as singles and nothing else, in between Linkin Park, Limp Bizkit, Nickleback and a bunch of other bands I hate. That's why my car radio is always tuned to the AM stations.

Anyone else dig the Al Franken show on Air America?
Old 08-31-2006, 11:04 AM   #72
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunBurN View Post
Damn. I wish Columbus had a rock station like that. The Blitz and The Big Wazu only play Tool's songs that were released as singles and nothing else, in between Linkin Park, Limp Bizkit, Nickleback and a bunch of other bands I hate. That's why my car radio is always tuned to the AM stations.

Anyone else dig the Al Franken show on Air America?
Chai_nese
08-31-2006, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prison Sex View Post

Yeah I see what you mean. If they haven't ever really listened to a Tool song and instead claim that they 'know' the songs (after just hearing them once or twice on the radio) then they - as oppose to people who have spent a little more time listening to the music might not appreciate it as much.

But then it doesn't mean the music didn't hit them as hard as those who have the albums.

To me I think being a 'fan' is over rated. What matters is what you get out of the music - not what you know about the band's history or how many times you've seen them live.
Old 08-31-2006, 01:28 PM   #73
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prison Sex View Post

Yeah I see what you mean. If they haven't ever really listened to a Tool song and instead claim that they 'know' the songs (after just hearing them once or twice on the radio) then they - as oppose to people who have spent a little more time listening to the music might not appreciate it as much.

But then it doesn't mean the music didn't hit them as hard as those who have the albums.

To me I think being a 'fan' is over rated. What matters is what you get out of the music - not what you know about the band's history or how many times you've seen them live.
08-31-2006, 05:43 PM

ok dont answer my question
Old 08-31-2006, 05:43 PM   #74

Chai_nese
09-01-2006, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OGT from back in the day View Post
sorry man i thought it had been covered earlier in the thread.

I'm no law student, so here's what wikipedia has to say on it:

"Anarchist communism is a form of anarchism that advocates the abolition of the State and capitalism in favor of a horizontal network of voluntary associations through which everyone will be free to satisfy his or her needs.

Anarchist communism is also known as anarcho-communism, communist anarchism, or, sometimes, libertarian communism. However, while all anarchist communists are libertarian communists, some libertarian communists, such as council communists, are not anarchists. What distinguishes anarchist communism from other variants of libertarian communism is the former's opposition to all forms of political power, hierarchy and domination."

There's a whole page on it here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anarcho-communist
Old 09-01-2006, 06:04 AM   #75
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by OGT from back in the day View Post
sorry man i thought it had been covered earlier in the thread.

I'm no law student, so here's what wikipedia has to say on it:

"Anarchist communism is a form of anarchism that advocates the abolition of the State and capitalism in favor of a horizontal network of voluntary associations through which everyone will be free to satisfy his or her needs.

Anarchist communism is also known as anarcho-communism, communist anarchism, or, sometimes, libertarian communism. However, while all anarchist communists are libertarian communists, some libertarian communists, such as council communists, are not anarchists. What distinguishes anarchist communism from other variants of libertarian communism is the former's opposition to all forms of political power, hierarchy and domination."

There's a whole page on it here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anarcho-communist
Chai_nese
09-01-2006, 06:09 AM

And this might help too
(also from wikipedia)

"Anarchist communists reject the claim that wage labor is necessary because people are by "nature" lazy and selfish. They point out that even the so-called "idle rich" sometimes find useful things to do despite having all their needs satisfied by the labor of others.

Anarchist communists support communism as a means for ensuring the greatest freedom and well-being for everyone, rather than only the wealthy and powerful. In this sense, anarchist communism is a profoundly egalitarian philosophy. Anarchist communists do not think that anyone has the right to be anyone else's boss."
Old 09-01-2006, 06:09 AM   #76
Level 7 - Loquacious

And this might help too
(also from wikipedia)

"Anarchist communists reject the claim that wage labor is necessary because people are by "nature" lazy and selfish. They point out that even the so-called "idle rich" sometimes find useful things to do despite having all their needs satisfied by the labor of others.

Anarchist communists support communism as a means for ensuring the greatest freedom and well-being for everyone, rather than only the wealthy and powerful. In this sense, anarchist communism is a profoundly egalitarian philosophy. Anarchist communists do not think that anyone has the right to be anyone else's boss."
philipg's Avatar philipg
09-01-2006, 06:44 PM

i think vicarious got played once on the one rock station in birmingham

but now tool friends, pay attention to the lyrics in hooker with a penis
spreading the love isnt that bad, itll get more people listening to actual good music.
it sucks that they bleep the songs up and all that, but ask yourself- when i turn on the radio, would i rather hear my chemical romance or tool?
Old 09-01-2006, 06:44 PM   #77

i think vicarious got played once on the one rock station in birmingham

but now tool friends, pay attention to the lyrics in hooker with a penis
spreading the love isnt that bad, itll get more people listening to actual good music.
it sucks that they bleep the songs up and all that, but ask yourself- when i turn on the radio, would i rather hear my chemical romance or tool?
09-01-2006, 08:17 PM

Quote:
And this might help too
(also from wikipedia)

thanks
Old 09-01-2006, 08:17 PM   #78

Quote:
And this might help too
(also from wikipedia)

thanks
justfar1086
09-01-2006, 09:46 PM

kroq absolutely kills both the pot and jambi by cutting out much of the song, they completely ripped out the most important part (to me) of vicarious
Old 09-01-2006, 09:46 PM   #79
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 61

kroq absolutely kills both the pot and jambi by cutting out much of the song, they completely ripped out the most important part (to me) of vicarious
Luosdasa's Avatar Luosdasa
09-02-2006, 02:44 AM

if we lived in a perfect world... it would be a communist world.
communists, unfortunately, are unrealistic idealists. humans, on the whole, are a bunch of selfish fuckers, eutopia never works.

as for the whole fan thingy, chai_nese hit it on the head with it being over rated. If people like listening to music... they should be alowed to enjoy listening to it. They should also have the right to claim they are a fan of that song. If they went around claiming to be a die hard tool fan after hearing only a couple of songs on the radio, then yes you have something to bitch about. Personally in my neck of the world those people dont tend to exist, but then i cant speak for you.

What really DOES get up my nose, is people who think they are somehow superior because they own all the albums and dvd's and shirts and go to the gigs. Fair enough, you'd know more about the band then people who only have one release... does it mean you've more right than that person to enjoy their music, or some extra ability to understand that same release? I particularly dont think so.
Old 09-02-2006, 02:44 AM   #80
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 104

if we lived in a perfect world... it would be a communist world.
communists, unfortunately, are unrealistic idealists. humans, on the whole, are a bunch of selfish fuckers, eutopia never works.

as for the whole fan thingy, chai_nese hit it on the head with it being over rated. If people like listening to music... they should be alowed to enjoy listening to it. They should also have the right to claim they are a fan of that song. If they went around claiming to be a die hard tool fan after hearing only a couple of songs on the radio, then yes you have something to bitch about. Personally in my neck of the world those people dont tend to exist, but then i cant speak for you.

What really DOES get up my nose, is people who think they are somehow superior because they own all the albums and dvd's and shirts and go to the gigs. Fair enough, you'd know more about the band then people who only have one release... does it mean you've more right than that person to enjoy their music, or some extra ability to understand that same release? I particularly dont think so.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply