Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » 02. Jambi
User Name
Password
wearethestories's Avatar wearethestories
11-07-2007, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khastra_KSC View Post
Dude... What is wrong with you people.

Now I remember why I stopped coming to this part of the opinion forums.
because?
Away with our explosives then! Away with our destroyers! They have no place within our better world... But let us raise a toast to all our bombers, all our bastards, most unlovely and most unforgivable.
Let's drink to their health, then meet with them no more.

9.30.2006 - Washington, D.C.
6.07.2007 - Richmond, VA
Old 11-07-2007, 07:39 AM   #81
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 0
Re: Official Lyrics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khastra_KSC View Post
Dude... What is wrong with you people.

Now I remember why I stopped coming to this part of the opinion forums.
because?
Away with our explosives then! Away with our destroyers! They have no place within our better world... But let us raise a toast to all our bombers, all our bastards, most unlovely and most unforgivable.
Let's drink to their health, then meet with them no more.

9.30.2006 - Washington, D.C.
6.07.2007 - Richmond, VA
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
CainisAbel's Avatar CainisAbel
11-19-2007, 08:17 PM

ok so ...I think Jambi is in part about his mom. I'm a mom so I know! Without getting down to individual words here, I wonder that MJK was so changed by his mothers illness and his loss that the creative edge he developed came in part due to this sad event BUT along with this double edged sword, guilt was a major byproduct for him.
TO me He may be singing about living the life of a rock star, knowing he has this life because of his mothers suffering [n part].
Judith replies to the tune of "its ok son because you can use your status to glorify my life by influencing so many people to be better, wiser, loving etc. Then her life was worth so much more and so is his??? ....yes/no maybe wise ones??
Old 11-19-2007, 08:17 PM   #82
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 5

ok so ...I think Jambi is in part about his mom. I'm a mom so I know! Without getting down to individual words here, I wonder that MJK was so changed by his mothers illness and his loss that the creative edge he developed came in part due to this sad event BUT along with this double edged sword, guilt was a major byproduct for him.
TO me He may be singing about living the life of a rock star, knowing he has this life because of his mothers suffering [n part].
Judith replies to the tune of "its ok son because you can use your status to glorify my life by influencing so many people to be better, wiser, loving etc. Then her life was worth so much more and so is his??? ....yes/no maybe wise ones??
11-20-2007, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CainisAbel View Post
It's plausible although, I'm still going with the Maynard/Son theme.
Old 11-20-2007, 10:20 AM   #83
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 135

Quote:
It's plausible although, I'm still going with the Maynard/Son theme.
11-25-2007, 10:11 AM

Diviiiiiiiiiiiideeed, I'll witheerrrr aawaaay
Old 11-25-2007, 10:11 AM   #84
TJP
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Diviiiiiiiiiiiideeed, I'll witheerrrr aawaaay
eyedriht
02-06-2008, 12:36 PM

Quote:
I like that idea.

You really start to reflect and think back A LOT when you lose your mother (especially if you're very close). I have shared a few of the bitter experiences that Maynard has, Seeing your mother go from healthy to paralyzed, Knowing she's going to die soon and having to watch all of this and pretending that it doesn't bother you (at least infront of her) when it rips you to shreds inside.... We were also very close, almost like friends instead of a parent/child relationship. She was also a very faithful christian woman her whole life. Wich I don't think there is anything wrong with BTW... That is one of the few things I don't have in common with Maynard, I don't really like how the churches go about doing things but the underlined message is positive (at least in my experience).
Old 02-06-2008, 12:36 PM   #85
Banned.

Bincount™: 2

Quote:
I like that idea.

You really start to reflect and think back A LOT when you lose your mother (especially if you're very close). I have shared a few of the bitter experiences that Maynard has, Seeing your mother go from healthy to paralyzed, Knowing she's going to die soon and having to watch all of this and pretending that it doesn't bother you (at least infront of her) when it rips you to shreds inside.... We were also very close, almost like friends instead of a parent/child relationship. She was also a very faithful christian woman her whole life. Wich I don't think there is anything wrong with BTW... That is one of the few things I don't have in common with Maynard, I don't really like how the churches go about doing things but the underlined message is positive (at least in my experience).
Inner_Eulogy's Avatar Inner_Eulogy
02-06-2008, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyedriht View Post
I like that idea.

I don't think Maynard thinks it's wrong for anyone to choose the path of being a christian or any religion for that matter, I think he just states his own personal dislike for the organized religions.
Old 02-06-2008, 01:29 PM   #86
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyedriht View Post
I like that idea.

I don't think Maynard thinks it's wrong for anyone to choose the path of being a christian or any religion for that matter, I think he just states his own personal dislike for the organized religions.
02-07-2008, 10:41 AM

Agreed.
Old 02-07-2008, 10:41 AM   #87
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 3

Agreed.
panther5547's Avatar panther5547
12-09-2008, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifty50fs View Post
I guess someone could argue that Maynard should have sang "Shine on ambivalent and coincidentally beneficial to man kind by no choice of its own...sun."
That was a truely funny post!!!! I'm playing alot of catch up here...but that was good stuff.
Old 12-09-2008, 09:38 AM   #88
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifty50fs View Post
I guess someone could argue that Maynard should have sang "Shine on ambivalent and coincidentally beneficial to man kind by no choice of its own...sun."
That was a truely funny post!!!! I'm playing alot of catch up here...but that was good stuff.
Omega's Avatar Omega
12-28-2008, 06:51 PM

Listen to the lyrics. "I would wish it all away, if I, thought I'd lose you just one day." It can't be about his mother, because she's ALREADY DEAD.
Old 12-28-2008, 06:51 PM   #89
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Listen to the lyrics. "I would wish it all away, if I, thought I'd lose you just one day." It can't be about his mother, because she's ALREADY DEAD.
12-29-2008, 07:51 AM

I don't really know what the song is about. Not sure I care, as it was far from one of my favorites on 10kD but...

But this thread made me lol.

Sometimes the n00b thread bump serves an amusing purpose.
Old 12-29-2008, 07:51 AM   #90
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 456

I don't really know what the song is about. Not sure I care, as it was far from one of my favorites on 10kD but...

But this thread made me lol.

Sometimes the n00b thread bump serves an amusing purpose.
grenadeh
06-16-2009, 01:56 AM

Yea I don't really care what the official lyrics say, he does not ever annunicate the word "pray" or dusk or martyr in the song. I'm sticking with like a father does till dawn. Because a martyr isn't known for prayer, they just martyr themselves and its done with. Or it could even be pray like a father. Like a priest. idk. I'm done.
Old 06-16-2009, 01:56 AM   #91
Level 1 - Lurker

Yea I don't really care what the official lyrics say, he does not ever annunicate the word "pray" or dusk or martyr in the song. I'm sticking with like a father does till dawn. Because a martyr isn't known for prayer, they just martyr themselves and its done with. Or it could even be pray like a father. Like a priest. idk. I'm done.
06-16-2009, 05:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grenadeh View Post
idk. I'm done.
Yeah, you really should quit. Second failed attempt.
Old 06-16-2009, 05:12 AM   #92
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
Originally Posted by grenadeh View Post
idk. I'm done.
Yeah, you really should quit. Second failed attempt.
08-13-2009, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leefnaspleaf View Post
Sorry, I wasn't really knocking the religion, just knocking the people who seem to really really want Tool to be singing about it.

EDIT: Actually I guess it's pretty obvious that they are kind of singing about it, so I guess I should probably be better about that. (Though actually I think in this instance you, the listener, are the benevolent Son/Jesus, and the benevolent Sun is the prime-source/God. Neat place to have such an obvious pun, actually because as we see the "two become one," which relates nicely to the concept of tiphareth as sicbanana pointed out (tiphareth has to do with the idea that we all have a divine spark.))
There are far more people who desperately want to believe that Tool is knocking religion in every song. Unfortunately, that quit being the case about 15 years ago, and is in fact quite the opposite now.
Old 08-13-2009, 07:34 PM   #93

Quote:
Sorry, I wasn't really knocking the religion, just knocking the people who seem to really really want Tool to be singing about it.

EDIT: Actually I guess it's pretty obvious that they are kind of singing about it, so I guess I should probably be better about that. (Though actually I think in this instance you, the listener, are the benevolent Son/Jesus, and the benevolent Sun is the prime-source/God. Neat place to have such an obvious pun, actually because as we see the "two become one," which relates nicely to the concept of tiphareth as sicbanana pointed out (tiphareth has to do with the idea that we all have a divine spark.))
There are far more people who desperately want to believe that Tool is knocking religion in every song. Unfortunately, that quit being the case about 15 years ago, and is in fact quite the opposite now.
Ravenpig
08-14-2009, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Yeah you're absolutely right. This whole album is about how Maynard found salvation through Jesus
I am sure when I say this that I am not the only person on here who thinks this is absolutely wrong.
Old 08-14-2009, 06:06 AM   #94

Quote:
Yeah you're absolutely right. This whole album is about how Maynard found salvation through Jesus
I am sure when I say this that I am not the only person on here who thinks this is absolutely wrong.
penguin in bondage's Avatar penguin in bondage
08-14-2009, 10:27 AM

I would agree with you Ravenpig. Spirituality, opening of mind and soul have very little to do with religion. In fact, religion will deter your spirit and soul from growing. The lyrics to this whole album seem to accept faith, but to assume that faith is shoved into a tiny little box called Christianity is absurd.
Old 08-14-2009, 10:27 AM   #95
Level 1 - Lurker

I would agree with you Ravenpig. Spirituality, opening of mind and soul have very little to do with religion. In fact, religion will deter your spirit and soul from growing. The lyrics to this whole album seem to accept faith, but to assume that faith is shoved into a tiny little box called Christianity is absurd.
5th Eye's Avatar 5th Eye
08-14-2009, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenpig View Post
I am sure when I say this that I am not the only person on here who thinks you need to fix your sarcasm detector.
Old 08-14-2009, 10:28 AM   #96
Super Bat Kiss

Bincount™: 9554

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenpig View Post
I am sure when I say this that I am not the only person on here who thinks you need to fix your sarcasm detector.
08-14-2009, 10:34 AM

goddamn sarcasm! hard to detect without tone. dammit, taking things too seriously again. Let the rabbits wear glasses.
Old 08-14-2009, 10:34 AM   #97
Level 1 - Lurker

goddamn sarcasm! hard to detect without tone. dammit, taking things too seriously again. Let the rabbits wear glasses.
08-18-2009, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Yeah you're absolutely right. This whole album is about how Maynard found salvation through Jesus which makes me really happy since it is absolutely impossible for anyone to mention any Christian symbol without fully supporting the religion or blaspheming it outright and now I can listen to cool music without guilt.
LMAO
Old 08-18-2009, 08:43 AM   #98
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
Yeah you're absolutely right. This whole album is about how Maynard found salvation through Jesus which makes me really happy since it is absolutely impossible for anyone to mention any Christian symbol without fully supporting the religion or blaspheming it outright and now I can listen to cool music without guilt.
LMAO
08-25-2009, 01:31 AM

Quote:
You can exaggerate and put words in my mouth all you want. It doesn't mean I ever said them. Rather than making up your own, inaccurate, sarcastic version of what I said, why don't you have the guts to respond to what I actually DID say? There's a novel idea, especially for you. If you can't grow up and counter me without using a worthless ad hominem "argument," don't even bother wasting our time. To anyone like myself who is as educated as you, or more so, it just makes you look like an irrational fool. Come back when you can actually articulate your case effectively.
Old 08-25-2009, 01:31 AM   #99

Quote:
You can exaggerate and put words in my mouth all you want. It doesn't mean I ever said them. Rather than making up your own, inaccurate, sarcastic version of what I said, why don't you have the guts to respond to what I actually DID say? There's a novel idea, especially for you. If you can't grow up and counter me without using a worthless ad hominem "argument," don't even bother wasting our time. To anyone like myself who is as educated as you, or more so, it just makes you look like an irrational fool. Come back when you can actually articulate your case effectively.
08-25-2009, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by withSpirit View Post
Maybe you should just be banned, you haven't done anything but start arguments with practically everyone on here, weak ones at that.
Old 08-25-2009, 06:21 AM   #100
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
Originally Posted by withSpirit View Post
Maybe you should just be banned, you haven't done anything but start arguments with practically everyone on here, weak ones at that.
08-26-2009, 07:30 AM

Quote:
I'm just glad somebody here notices me
lol
Old 08-26-2009, 07:30 AM   #101
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
I'm just glad somebody here notices me
lol
08-27-2009, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irisu View Post
Lol irony.

Seriosuly, it's pretty pathetic, even by your standards, to be stalking someone around the forums replying to all their posts with "you make no sense to me, leave"
It's pretty pathetic that you think I'm stalking anyone at all. I've been here long before either of you dipshits even new about this site let alone started posting. I just happen to post in response to threads that have an active conversation going and he happens to be there, starting shit with everyone. Perhaps it's you that's doing the stalking since you seem to be so aware of every thread he or I are in.

And FYI, it's spelled "seriously", genius.
Old 08-27-2009, 07:08 AM   #102
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irisu View Post
Lol irony.

Seriosuly, it's pretty pathetic, even by your standards, to be stalking someone around the forums replying to all their posts with "you make no sense to me, leave"
It's pretty pathetic that you think I'm stalking anyone at all. I've been here long before either of you dipshits even new about this site let alone started posting. I just happen to post in response to threads that have an active conversation going and he happens to be there, starting shit with everyone. Perhaps it's you that's doing the stalking since you seem to be so aware of every thread he or I are in.

And FYI, it's spelled "seriously", genius.
11-08-2009, 10:44 PM

Okay, not sure if someone is going to look here but...
I'm getting a new iPod and you get free engraving. Seeing as I love Tool, I wanted a lyric and the one that immediately sprang to mind was in Jambi that apparently says:

"you, my piece of mind, my all, my centre"

Now, it's clearly important I get this right so I wanted to check this was right, for sure?
My doubt comes from the fact... how can it be official lyrics when 'peace' is spelt wrong? :/

I looked elsewhere and saw it as "you're my peace of mind, my home, my centre"

Any ideas? I read that thread and people only talked about the damn/dim/jim blah crap...

Last edited by Freya; 11-08-2009 at 10:50 PM.. Reason: this site confuses me
Old 11-08-2009, 10:44 PM   #103
Level 1 - Lurker

Okay, not sure if someone is going to look here but...
I'm getting a new iPod and you get free engraving. Seeing as I love Tool, I wanted a lyric and the one that immediately sprang to mind was in Jambi that apparently says:

"you, my piece of mind, my all, my centre"

Now, it's clearly important I get this right so I wanted to check this was right, for sure?
My doubt comes from the fact... how can it be official lyrics when 'peace' is spelt wrong? :/

I looked elsewhere and saw it as "you're my peace of mind, my home, my centre"

Any ideas? I read that thread and people only talked about the damn/dim/jim blah crap...

Last edited by Freya; 11-08-2009 at 10:50 PM.. Reason: this site confuses me
elusivEuphoria's Avatar elusivEuphoria
11-09-2009, 08:51 AM

Well... have you considered the idea that Maynard is saying that ..... and i must say i subscribe to the idea that Jambi is all written about Devo (his son) ..... that Devo not only brings him peace of mind but in a figurative sense is also a piece of his mind? then again it could also be a typo.

As far as i know the lyrics for Jambi on toolshed are the official transcript from Maynard. Any edits to that transcript are usually noted. so this is what you get...

"You, my piece of mind, my all, my center"

Up to you whether or not you change the spelling of piece/peace.

Or just think of a new lyric. how about "Shine on forever, shine until the two become one!"
Old 11-09-2009, 08:51 AM   #104
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 3860

Well... have you considered the idea that Maynard is saying that ..... and i must say i subscribe to the idea that Jambi is all written about Devo (his son) ..... that Devo not only brings him peace of mind but in a figurative sense is also a piece of his mind? then again it could also be a typo.

As far as i know the lyrics for Jambi on toolshed are the official transcript from Maynard. Any edits to that transcript are usually noted. so this is what you get...

"You, my piece of mind, my all, my center"

Up to you whether or not you change the spelling of piece/peace.

Or just think of a new lyric. how about "Shine on forever, shine until the two become one!"
Michał's Avatar Michał
11-09-2009, 01:17 PM

That engraving possibility is a cool kind of stuff. Your very own personalized player. Unless you can build one from scratch ;)
Can I ask what made you choose these words?
For example I would choose "Finding beauty in the dissonance" as this line has got a double meaning in my life. First, I love complicated music you cannot simply figure out, and complex polyrhytmic stuff can seem like a big mess for the first time, to own your head and broaden your rhythm feel after you learn to understand. Second, it's like two people adapting to each other until they can better understand themselves. Discovering each other leads trough serious "dissonances" but is ultimately beautiful.
Old 11-09-2009, 01:17 PM   #105

Bincount™: 35

That engraving possibility is a cool kind of stuff. Your very own personalized player. Unless you can build one from scratch ;)
Can I ask what made you choose these words?
For example I would choose "Finding beauty in the dissonance" as this line has got a double meaning in my life. First, I love complicated music you cannot simply figure out, and complex polyrhytmic stuff can seem like a big mess for the first time, to own your head and broaden your rhythm feel after you learn to understand. Second, it's like two people adapting to each other until they can better understand themselves. Discovering each other leads trough serious "dissonances" but is ultimately beautiful.
Freya's Avatar Freya
11-09-2009, 05:32 PM

Thanks a lot. I'm not feeling the idea about his son, but more about love. >> Yup, I'm a romantic.
That's why I wanted that lyric... it has personal meaning too, and that's what I wanted. It just jumps out at me in the song, the way the music changes and he sings it. Perfect.
My boyfriend is studying in England at the moment so he's far away from me. One of the first things we bonded over was tool (sad right?) so it seemed kind of appropriate. That he's far off but still in my piece/peace of mind, home/all and centre...
The whole song kinda rings true for both of us in the interpritation I have, at least.

Anyway, because I can't be sure he said to get "reaching out to embrace the random" instead, he said it suited me more.
Old 11-09-2009, 05:32 PM   #106
Level 1 - Lurker

Thanks a lot. I'm not feeling the idea about his son, but more about love. >> Yup, I'm a romantic.
That's why I wanted that lyric... it has personal meaning too, and that's what I wanted. It just jumps out at me in the song, the way the music changes and he sings it. Perfect.
My boyfriend is studying in England at the moment so he's far away from me. One of the first things we bonded over was tool (sad right?) so it seemed kind of appropriate. That he's far off but still in my piece/peace of mind, home/all and centre...
The whole song kinda rings true for both of us in the interpritation I have, at least.

Anyway, because I can't be sure he said to get "reaching out to embrace the random" instead, he said it suited me more.
base metal's Avatar base metal
11-09-2009, 08:33 PM

actually, i don't think tool being something you guys bonded over is cheesy at all. pretty cool, imo.

i'd pick whatever line might be more relevant a year or two from now.
Old 11-09-2009, 08:33 PM   #107
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 4198

actually, i don't think tool being something you guys bonded over is cheesy at all. pretty cool, imo.

i'd pick whatever line might be more relevant a year or two from now.
elusivEuphoria's Avatar elusivEuphoria
11-10-2009, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post

Nice, Lateralus has many a powerful line. Btw i think it's great that you two bonded through tool.
Old 11-10-2009, 08:37 AM   #108
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 3860

Quote:

Nice, Lateralus has many a powerful line. Btw i think it's great that you two bonded through tool.
Ganjalf's Avatar Ganjalf
04-26-2010, 07:44 AM

This is easily the best song on the album I think.
Old 04-26-2010, 07:44 AM   #109
The Lube

Bincount™: 5355

04-26-2010, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganjalf View Post
This is easily the best song they played last time I saw them I think.
Old 04-26-2010, 07:48 AM   #110
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 483

Quote:
This is easily the best song they played last time I saw them I think.
Behind_the_lyrics
05-27-2010, 02:45 AM

I must say that I agree with most of the lyrics that ar posted for Jambi. But, there is one verse I would ask that we take a look at.

"Damn my eyes!
If they should compromise the fulcrum:
(If) wants and needs divide me
Then I might as well be gone"

and consider,

Damn my eyes!
If they should compromise their fulcrum:
Once your needs divide me
Then I might as well be gone

Last edited by Behind_the_lyrics; 05-27-2010 at 02:47 AM..
Old 05-27-2010, 02:45 AM   #111
Level 1 - Lurker

I must say that I agree with most of the lyrics that ar posted for Jambi. But, there is one verse I would ask that we take a look at.

"Damn my eyes!
If they should compromise the fulcrum:
(If) wants and needs divide me
Then I might as well be gone"

and consider,

Damn my eyes!
If they should compromise their fulcrum:
Once your needs divide me
Then I might as well be gone

Last edited by Behind_the_lyrics; 05-27-2010 at 02:47 AM..
Behind_the_lyrics
05-27-2010, 02:52 AM

another sugestion would be;

So, as one, survive
Another day and season
Silence, legion. Save your poison.
Silence, legion. Stay out of my way

change "So, as one" to;

Sow as one,
Survive another day and season

...Just my thoughts. When I listen to the song I hear "So as one" but I think "Sow as one"

as far as "Breath in union", it doesnt really matter because Maynard is always changing it in concert anyways. breath in union, be in union, pray in union. Its one of the great things about his lyrics. He allows YOU the LISTENER to hear what you feel.

Last edited by Behind_the_lyrics; 05-27-2010 at 02:57 AM..
Old 05-27-2010, 02:52 AM   #112
Level 1 - Lurker

another sugestion would be;

So, as one, survive
Another day and season
Silence, legion. Save your poison.
Silence, legion. Stay out of my way

change "So, as one" to;

Sow as one,
Survive another day and season

...Just my thoughts. When I listen to the song I hear "So as one" but I think "Sow as one"

as far as "Breath in union", it doesnt really matter because Maynard is always changing it in concert anyways. breath in union, be in union, pray in union. Its one of the great things about his lyrics. He allows YOU the LISTENER to hear what you feel.

Last edited by Behind_the_lyrics; 05-27-2010 at 02:57 AM..
Behind_the_lyrics
05-27-2010, 03:27 AM

Not to be a sceptic McRoggles, but where exactly did these "Official" lyrics come from.
Where did Maynard submit these lyrics? Not trying to give you a hard time, I would just really like to see where exactly they came from, and possibly take a look at some of the other songs.

Last edited by Behind_the_lyrics; 05-27-2010 at 03:45 AM..
Old 05-27-2010, 03:27 AM   #113
Level 1 - Lurker

Not to be a sceptic McRoggles, but where exactly did these "Official" lyrics come from.
Where did Maynard submit these lyrics? Not trying to give you a hard time, I would just really like to see where exactly they came from, and possibly take a look at some of the other songs.

Last edited by Behind_the_lyrics; 05-27-2010 at 03:45 AM..
05-27-2010, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behind_the_lyrics View Post
lol, she JUST told you where they come from....Maynard, you know? The guy that WROTE them and sings on their albums?
Old 05-27-2010, 06:34 AM   #114
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behind_the_lyrics View Post
lol, she JUST told you where they come from....Maynard, you know? The guy that WROTE them and sings on their albums?
05-27-2010, 08:11 AM

They were posted on the band's website. That's what Behind the Lyrics was asking.
Old 05-27-2010, 08:11 AM   #115

They were posted on the band's website. That's what Behind the Lyrics was asking.
3stars
06-03-2010, 01:30 PM

Quote:
I absolutely love this song! So far, I think- it's about someone (girlfriend, or Maynards' son perhaps?) helping him (Maynard, I don't know if this song is about him although with all of the passion he puts into singing this beautiful song, it seems like the song is about him). This person may have given him the strength he needed to "better" himself. This song is my other favorite Tool song along with The Pot. The talent of this band is in the stratosphere! They are now my favorite musical band in the whole world!

Last edited by 3stars; 06-04-2010 at 01:07 PM..
Old 06-03-2010, 01:30 PM   #116
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
I absolutely love this song! So far, I think- it's about someone (girlfriend, or Maynards' son perhaps?) helping him (Maynard, I don't know if this song is about him although with all of the passion he puts into singing this beautiful song, it seems like the song is about him). This person may have given him the strength he needed to "better" himself. This song is my other favorite Tool song along with The Pot. The talent of this band is in the stratosphere! They are now my favorite musical band in the whole world!

Last edited by 3stars; 06-04-2010 at 01:07 PM..
3stars
06-03-2010, 03:30 PM

Quote:

I can't think of a better way than bonding through TOOL. It's WAY COOL!
Old 06-03-2010, 03:30 PM   #117
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:

I can't think of a better way than bonding through TOOL. It's WAY COOL!
06-03-2010, 05:00 PM

Okay i have some new thoughts on the meanings in specific lyrics; is it at all possible that "benevolent sun" is actually "benevolent SON" as in either the writers' own son OR son as in Jesus Christ? (I'm not thinking this because i'm religious because actually i'm not, but maybe Maynard is?) Is this a personal song for Maynard? And pertaining to the line "shine on until the two become one" meaning that if the two-"wants and needs" become one, then life will be good.

Last edited by 3stars; 06-03-2010 at 05:29 PM..
Old 06-03-2010, 05:00 PM   #118
Level 4 - Thinker

Okay i have some new thoughts on the meanings in specific lyrics; is it at all possible that "benevolent sun" is actually "benevolent SON" as in either the writers' own son OR son as in Jesus Christ? (I'm not thinking this because i'm religious because actually i'm not, but maybe Maynard is?) Is this a personal song for Maynard? And pertaining to the line "shine on until the two become one" meaning that if the two-"wants and needs" become one, then life will be good.

Last edited by 3stars; 06-03-2010 at 05:29 PM..
3stars
06-07-2010, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3stars View Post
i'm changing my OPINION of my own OPINION for the lyrics of JAMBI (one of the best songs in the entire world) because, through further research, i saw the actual lyrics posted on this site and i believe what i read- that Maynard wrote "benevolent sun" and when listening to the song that "feels" more right, fits in better with the meaning. Anyway it's a gorgeous song and i'm not really into trying so hard to analyze every song i listen to. Actually, that just happens naturally as random thoughts come to mind when listening to music. but one of the reasons TOOL has become my favorite band in the whole world is because of the awesome highly intelligent complexety that goes into thier ultimate creations
Old 06-07-2010, 04:08 PM   #119
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3stars View Post
i'm changing my OPINION of my own OPINION for the lyrics of JAMBI (one of the best songs in the entire world) because, through further research, i saw the actual lyrics posted on this site and i believe what i read- that Maynard wrote "benevolent sun" and when listening to the song that "feels" more right, fits in better with the meaning. Anyway it's a gorgeous song and i'm not really into trying so hard to analyze every song i listen to. Actually, that just happens naturally as random thoughts come to mind when listening to music. but one of the reasons TOOL has become my favorite band in the whole world is because of the awesome highly intelligent complexety that goes into thier ultimate creations
11-26-2011, 11:31 AM

I don't believe these are the official lyrics, because they don't exist. The lyrics to the song are meant to be interpreted by everyone.
Old 11-26-2011, 11:31 AM   #120
Level 1 - Lurker

I don't believe these are the official lyrics, because they don't exist. The lyrics to the song are meant to be interpreted by everyone.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply