Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days
User Name
Password
Xcelon
12-09-2006, 12:33 AM

since the record was released there have been a few post stating something about this. and now on tools website, the guys running it keep referring to 10k Days as a decoy album. Is this some kind of inside joke? or can it be that 10k Days really is just a decoy album? if it is then i must say this would be perfect considering the artwork on the album (seeing two pictures to see one, listening to two albums to see the one as a whole)

sorry if this has been touched upon in the past
Old 12-09-2006, 12:33 AM   #1
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Decoy Album

since the record was released there have been a few post stating something about this. and now on tools website, the guys running it keep referring to 10k Days as a decoy album. Is this some kind of inside joke? or can it be that 10k Days really is just a decoy album? if it is then i must say this would be perfect considering the artwork on the album (seeing two pictures to see one, listening to two albums to see the one as a whole)

sorry if this has been touched upon in the past
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Luosdasa's Avatar Luosdasa
12-09-2006, 01:23 AM

yeh... just sit for a tick and ponder... after everything done for this album and everything... is it even slightly, remotely, possible that someone could have a dream of this being a decoy album?

just use common sense. no. it isnt. there ya go. fullstop. dont know what the dudes at the website are on about, but id say it was some kind of joke...

IF, in some amazing way im wrong, and this is a decoy album (and ill arogantly, pomposly scoff here), then please everone mock me endlessly, ill take it happily, and also never listen to tool again, cuz seriously, THAT would be pretentious...
Old 12-09-2006, 01:23 AM   #2
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 104
Re: Decoy Album

yeh... just sit for a tick and ponder... after everything done for this album and everything... is it even slightly, remotely, possible that someone could have a dream of this being a decoy album?

just use common sense. no. it isnt. there ya go. fullstop. dont know what the dudes at the website are on about, but id say it was some kind of joke...

IF, in some amazing way im wrong, and this is a decoy album (and ill arogantly, pomposly scoff here), then please everone mock me endlessly, ill take it happily, and also never listen to tool again, cuz seriously, THAT would be pretentious...
Terry21's Avatar Terry21
12-09-2006, 03:37 AM

Yes it is a decoy album, that cost much money in the artwork.

Blair from Toolband makes fun of those "fans" that way, and he is right.
Old 12-09-2006, 03:37 AM   #3
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 60

Yes it is a decoy album, that cost much money in the artwork.

Blair from Toolband makes fun of those "fans" that way, and he is right.
plexus's Avatar plexus
12-09-2006, 07:31 AM

no. its not a decoy album.

it started before the album came out when people suspected that they might release a decoy album on P2P and torrents to prevent from an actual leak.
edit: this came from a interview a long time ago where i believe it was danny who said that that might be something theyd try to prevent an early leak.

there never was a decoy album.

a few (actually a lot of) stupid fans actually went on with this whole decoy album thing after the album came out. saying that 10,000 days wasnt the real new tool album. which is so rediculous. why would they go into so much production with such complex songs as a decoy album that theyre not even serious about. could wings for marie and 10K days actually be a throwaway song to put on a decoy? thats fucking stupid.

toolband is aware of the stupidity cause theyve gotten many many emails from these retards that actually think this is a decoy album.

they call it a decoy on toolband sarcastically to make fun of the 'tool conspiracy theorists' out there.

if you think this is a decoy....
im sorry, but youre fucking stupid.
Old 12-09-2006, 07:31 AM   #4
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 17

no. its not a decoy album.

it started before the album came out when people suspected that they might release a decoy album on P2P and torrents to prevent from an actual leak.
edit: this came from a interview a long time ago where i believe it was danny who said that that might be something theyd try to prevent an early leak.

there never was a decoy album.

a few (actually a lot of) stupid fans actually went on with this whole decoy album thing after the album came out. saying that 10,000 days wasnt the real new tool album. which is so rediculous. why would they go into so much production with such complex songs as a decoy album that theyre not even serious about. could wings for marie and 10K days actually be a throwaway song to put on a decoy? thats fucking stupid.

toolband is aware of the stupidity cause theyve gotten many many emails from these retards that actually think this is a decoy album.

they call it a decoy on toolband sarcastically to make fun of the 'tool conspiracy theorists' out there.

if you think this is a decoy....
im sorry, but youre fucking stupid.
hushypushy's Avatar hushypushy
12-09-2006, 10:57 AM

Best decoy album ever, duh.
Old 12-09-2006, 10:57 AM   #5
Level 11 - Clamorous

Bincount™: 3988

Best decoy album ever, duh.
12-09-2006, 12:58 PM

You wouldn't think Tool would tour a decoy album either...
Old 12-09-2006, 12:58 PM   #6
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 1

You wouldn't think Tool would tour a decoy album either...
12-09-2006, 01:32 PM

i think they must hate their kind of fans that do shit like buy into the decoy album idea.
Old 12-09-2006, 01:32 PM   #7
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 17

i think they must hate their kind of fans that do shit like buy into the decoy album idea.
Chronicle0's Avatar Chronicle0
12-09-2006, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plexus View Post
I'm sure maynard doesnt because the people who buy the target practice shit on puscifer are the same kind. heh
Old 12-09-2006, 02:51 PM   #8
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by plexus View Post
I'm sure maynard doesnt because the people who buy the target practice shit on puscifer are the same kind. heh
tomisatool's Avatar tomisatool
12-09-2006, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronicle0 View Post
Yeah, they are the same people who spend 300 dollars for the "real" 10,000 Days album on e-bay.
Old 12-09-2006, 05:55 PM   #9
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronicle0 View Post
Yeah, they are the same people who spend 300 dollars for the "real" 10,000 Days album on e-bay.
12-10-2006, 05:00 AM

It's not a decoy, it's a hoax, sham and a trick. Tool makes awesome music by accident, so it's no surprise. What happened was, they tried to make a hoax album, but they are so good that it came out as two really cool albums. 10,000 Days is just the first part. Anyone that's played in a band knows that sometimes when you're just fooling around you write the best stuff.
Old 12-10-2006, 05:00 AM   #10
Prana

Bincount™: 8

It's not a decoy, it's a hoax, sham and a trick. Tool makes awesome music by accident, so it's no surprise. What happened was, they tried to make a hoax album, but they are so good that it came out as two really cool albums. 10,000 Days is just the first part. Anyone that's played in a band knows that sometimes when you're just fooling around you write the best stuff.
12-10-2006, 10:44 PM

I *hope* it was a decoy album. Do I think it was? no.

But, if it was, Tool gets my vote for being the most brilliantly twisted group of businessmen in the country.

BTW...does anyone here actually think Tool could lose money with a new release? We go 5 years without a Tool album...we would have bought it, and we would have went to see the tour, no matter how mediocre we thought the album was. They could churn out auditory crap and still make a living touring.
Old 12-10-2006, 10:44 PM   #11
Level 1 - Lurker

But, if it was, Tool gets my vote for being the most brilliantly twisted group of businessmen in the country.

BTW...does anyone here actually think Tool could lose money with a new release? We go 5 years without a Tool album...we would have bought it, and we would have went to see the tour, no matter how mediocre we thought the album was. They could churn out auditory crap and still make a living touring.
vesicapiscis
12-11-2006, 07:57 AM

I was under the impression that they would release this last album and be out of contract with their record company. Then they would start their own and make way better music. I thought that was what all the money Tool Army was for was to start a new record label/company for them to use once their contract was out with Volcano.
Old 12-11-2006, 07:57 AM   #12
Level 2 - Poster

I was under the impression that they would release this last album and be out of contract with their record company. Then they would start their own and make way better music. I thought that was what all the money Tool Army was for was to start a new record label/company for them to use once their contract was out with Volcano.
Luosdasa's Avatar Luosdasa
12-12-2006, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishcairn View Post

I fucking wouldnt stand it if it was. heh, and tool would lose all my respect... cuz there would just be so many amazing problems with it all...

besides, it wouldnt actually be a decoy, itd just be another release...
Old 12-12-2006, 12:37 AM   #13
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 104

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishcairn View Post

I fucking wouldnt stand it if it was. heh, and tool would lose all my respect... cuz there would just be so many amazing problems with it all...

besides, it wouldnt actually be a decoy, itd just be another release...

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply