Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » 11. Viginti Tres
User Name
Password
VADT757
10-12-2006, 04:21 PM

Well, I know it would seem wierd to continue to load DMT into their songs, yet this sounds a lot like the auditory hillucinations I hear when I'm tripping on DMT.
Old 10-12-2006, 04:21 PM   #1
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
DMT AGAIN???

Well, I know it would seem wierd to continue to load DMT into their songs, yet this sounds a lot like the auditory hillucinations I hear when I'm tripping on DMT.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Forever In Debt
10-17-2006, 05:08 PM

I see what you mean, but maybe it's just a coincidense. I wouldn't approach it like that either, if it should even be approached at all.
Old 10-17-2006, 05:08 PM   #2
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 24
Re: DMT AGAIN???

I see what you mean, but maybe it's just a coincidense. I wouldn't approach it like that either, if it should even be approached at all.
mjkajdcjc's Avatar mjkajdcjc
10-24-2006, 05:39 PM

Get off of the "drug train" that everyone here seems to love to hop on and take full advantage of. Not every Tool song has to be about getting stoned or buzzed or straight up high.
Old 10-24-2006, 05:39 PM   #3
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 3208

Get off of the "drug train" that everyone here seems to love to hop on and take full advantage of. Not every Tool song has to be about getting stoned or buzzed or straight up high.
benjamin's Avatar benjamin
10-24-2006, 08:04 PM

I'm sorry to say, I came here to post the same thing. Post-hit, nothin but heart beat. First pop-sound, another one lights up, you "remember" the sound of your breathing. Continued breathing and popping and possibly caughing sounds...echoing caughs and pops?...the sounds of "reality" begin to fade back in, uncomfortably. Then, the tipper..."asciscoooooooo!!!!"...this sounds just like this (a) guy sayin "Ah huuuhhh...it's good shioooooooooooooooooooooouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu. ........................

Oh well, flame or not, that's just my experience...

Peace.
Old 10-24-2006, 08:04 PM   #4
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 27

I'm sorry to say, I came here to post the same thing. Post-hit, nothin but heart beat. First pop-sound, another one lights up, you "remember" the sound of your breathing. Continued breathing and popping and possibly caughing sounds...echoing caughs and pops?...the sounds of "reality" begin to fade back in, uncomfortably. Then, the tipper..."asciscoooooooo!!!!"...this sounds just like this (a) guy sayin "Ah huuuhhh...it's good shioooooooooooooooooooooouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu. ........................

Oh well, flame or not, that's just my experience...

Peace.
10-30-2006, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkajdcjc View Post
Yeah only about 10 to 20% of them.
Old 10-30-2006, 09:52 AM   #5
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Quote:
Yeah only about 10 to 20% of them.
MORNING_GLORY
10-30-2006, 01:47 PM

No, not every Tool song is about drugs... but there is a magickal chemical out there which is very important to our existence... some have likened it to our spirit... some call it the business mans trip... some dismiss it as just another drug to get fucked up on... but in reality... DMT is incredibly important... and if you brush it off as another drug... you're sadly mistaken.
Old 10-30-2006, 01:47 PM   #6
Level 7 - Loquacious

No, not every Tool song is about drugs... but there is a magickal chemical out there which is very important to our existence... some have likened it to our spirit... some call it the business mans trip... some dismiss it as just another drug to get fucked up on... but in reality... DMT is incredibly important... and if you brush it off as another drug... you're sadly mistaken.
El Shaggy's Avatar El Shaggy
10-30-2006, 05:37 PM

very true, because even if you chose not to voluntarily dose yourself with DMT, you receive doses naturally each night in during REM sleep, in near death experiences, and previous to death. Its a very mysterious and intriguing chemical. If I ever come across some I will likely pick it up.

And if you think drugs are unimportant to life, to truely living, you are unimportant.

Last edited by El Shaggy; 10-30-2006 at 05:42 PM..
Old 10-30-2006, 05:37 PM   #7
Level 11 - Clamorous

Bincount™: 1725

very true, because even if you chose not to voluntarily dose yourself with DMT, you receive doses naturally each night in during REM sleep, in near death experiences, and previous to death. Its a very mysterious and intriguing chemical. If I ever come across some I will likely pick it up.

And if you think drugs are unimportant to life, to truely living, you are unimportant.

Last edited by El Shaggy; 10-30-2006 at 05:42 PM..
Forever In Debt
11-21-2006, 04:40 PM

Yeah, just fucking read The Spirit Molecule. That is everything you need to know. And, "the drug train" is often taken advantage of, but I think that this shows everything that you get when your on DMT, when I heard this song, it hit me right away. If you've tried DMT then you may understand better. But in the end, once again, I think this has ntohing to do with DMT.
Old 11-21-2006, 04:40 PM   #8
Level 7 - Loquacious

Yeah, just fucking read The Spirit Molecule. That is everything you need to know. And, "the drug train" is often taken advantage of, but I think that this shows everything that you get when your on DMT, when I heard this song, it hit me right away. If you've tried DMT then you may understand better. But in the end, once again, I think this has ntohing to do with DMT.
maggie72's Avatar maggie72
12-05-2006, 02:28 PM

Rosseta Stoned is about the irresponsible way people use drugs to try to expand their minds
Old 12-05-2006, 02:28 PM   #9
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 67

Rosseta Stoned is about the irresponsible way people use drugs to try to expand their minds
Sp00k's Avatar Sp00k
12-07-2006, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggie72 View Post

You should rephrase this to say "Rosseta Stoned is about the irresponsible way ~weak minded~ people use drugs to try to expand their minds".

Those of a strong mind and constitution use drugs responsibly for inner perception.
Old 12-07-2006, 07:13 PM   #10
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggie72 View Post

You should rephrase this to say "Rosseta Stoned is about the irresponsible way ~weak minded~ people use drugs to try to expand their minds".

Those of a strong mind and constitution use drugs responsibly for inner perception.
MORNING_GLORY
12-08-2006, 10:20 AM

Actually... I've been listening to more speeches from Terence McKenna... and he claims that when one enters the psychedelic state, that he or she is not there for their own "psycho-therapy" or elucidation, but rather as an explorer and a representative of our species. He goes on to say the best thing you can do while in such a state, is to retrieve a new idea and bring it back to share with the masses. Not gigantic ideas that we'll never comprehend, and not little ideas that are pointless, but rather middle sized ideas that we can grasp and learn from.

^thats almost plagiarism but I don't feel like typing out the entire speech. Go to youtube.com and search Terence McKenna.
Old 12-08-2006, 10:20 AM   #11
Level 7 - Loquacious

Actually... I've been listening to more speeches from Terence McKenna... and he claims that when one enters the psychedelic state, that he or she is not there for their own "psycho-therapy" or elucidation, but rather as an explorer and a representative of our species. He goes on to say the best thing you can do while in such a state, is to retrieve a new idea and bring it back to share with the masses. Not gigantic ideas that we'll never comprehend, and not little ideas that are pointless, but rather middle sized ideas that we can grasp and learn from.

^thats almost plagiarism but I don't feel like typing out the entire speech. Go to youtube.com and search Terence McKenna.
toolgeek
12-09-2006, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp00k View Post

who are you to say who is weak minded and who is strong?
Old 12-09-2006, 09:42 AM   #12
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp00k View Post

BlanketEffect's Avatar BlanketEffect
12-09-2006, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toolgeek View Post
The question you ask to guage that is, "how did that person use the tool that they chose to use?"

If the person is using it for kicks and endangers others or refuses to learn from the volumes of truth and exploration they are exposing themself then they are the weak.

The stong evolve.

Self-affirming? Oxymoronic. We are all one mind
Old 12-09-2006, 12:54 PM   #13
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by toolgeek View Post
The question you ask to guage that is, "how did that person use the tool that they chose to use?"

If the person is using it for kicks and endangers others or refuses to learn from the volumes of truth and exploration they are exposing themself then they are the weak.

The stong evolve.

tomisatool's Avatar tomisatool
12-09-2006, 02:37 PM

I want to try DMT sometime, but I hear that when trips turn bad they get BAD
Old 12-09-2006, 02:37 PM   #14
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 1

I want to try DMT sometime, but I hear that when trips turn bad they get BAD
12-09-2006, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlanketEffect View Post

The stong evolve.
Exactly Blanket. Thank you.
Old 12-09-2006, 03:52 PM   #15
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:

The stong evolve.
Exactly Blanket. Thank you.
mjkajdcjc's Avatar mjkajdcjc
12-09-2006, 05:05 PM

The reason I said what I did about the "drug train" is because these guys are too smart to have been getting high everday of their lives and writing songs about their "cool" experiences with high school and college.

I understand drugs being a think to relate to, but they aren't the number one reason for just about every Tool song (with the excpetion to a few).
Old 12-09-2006, 05:05 PM   #16
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 3208

The reason I said what I did about the "drug train" is because these guys are too smart to have been getting high everday of their lives and writing songs about their "cool" experiences with high school and college.

I understand drugs being a think to relate to, but they aren't the number one reason for just about every Tool song (with the excpetion to a few).
MORNING_GLORY
12-10-2006, 01:48 PM

Quote:

I agree... they certainly didn't go around getting high for the fun of it and then make songs about it... but I'm sure they did get high, and used that opportunity to come up with some mind expanding ideas... which is what psychedelic drugs are good for. I imagine a good chunk of Lateralus was inspired through psychedelics and meditation and astral projection and all that good stuff that really works when exploring the psychedelic realm. Don't dismiss drugs as just something to get fucked up on... they truely can expand your mind in ways not possible otherwise (but only if you know what you're doing, with the right intentions). Psychedelics are imperative to human evolution.
Old 12-10-2006, 01:48 PM   #17
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:

I agree... they certainly didn't go around getting high for the fun of it and then make songs about it... but I'm sure they did get high, and used that opportunity to come up with some mind expanding ideas... which is what psychedelic drugs are good for. I imagine a good chunk of Lateralus was inspired through psychedelics and meditation and astral projection and all that good stuff that really works when exploring the psychedelic realm. Don't dismiss drugs as just something to get fucked up on... they truely can expand your mind in ways not possible otherwise (but only if you know what you're doing, with the right intentions). Psychedelics are imperative to human evolution.
12-11-2006, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MORNING_GLORY View Post
Psychedelics are imperative to human evolution.
Word

Old 12-11-2006, 12:25 AM   #18
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
Psychedelics are imperative to human evolution.
Word

Forever In Debt
12-18-2006, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Word
Haha yeah
Old 12-18-2006, 11:05 AM   #19
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Word
Haha yeah
awaking's Avatar awaking
12-21-2006, 04:31 PM

alex grey said he came up with the idea for album cover "inner being" while on ayausca(SP?) DMT... so yea maybe there is some conneection to dmt. prolly not tho
Old 12-21-2006, 04:31 PM   #20
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 83

alex grey said he came up with the idea for album cover "inner being" while on ayausca(SP?) DMT... so yea maybe there is some conneection to dmt. prolly not tho
12-22-2006, 12:03 AM

Its easy to relate drugs to anything... because drugs can go any which way. Sometimes its just the easy (sometimes boring) answer.
Old 12-22-2006, 12:03 AM   #21
Level 7 - Loquacious

Its easy to relate drugs to anything... because drugs can go any which way. Sometimes its just the easy (sometimes boring) answer.
12-22-2006, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Absolutely. And, sometimes it's the correct answer.

Old 12-22-2006, 05:31 PM   #22
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
Absolutely. And, sometimes it's the correct answer.

Forever In Debt
12-23-2006, 06:09 PM

Yes, drugs are indeed a way to connect with another world that can totally enhance your thinking. They can give you so many ideas and perceptions that you never even knew you had in you. And like BlanketEffect said, they can also be correct.
Old 12-23-2006, 06:09 PM   #23
Level 7 - Loquacious

Yes, drugs are indeed a way to connect with another world that can totally enhance your thinking. They can give you so many ideas and perceptions that you never even knew you had in you. And like BlanketEffect said, they can also be correct.
MORNING_GLORY
12-24-2006, 12:08 AM

Definitely... its just kind of sad how the image of psychedelics is such a negative one.

Most people who haven't tried them believe that they do nothing more than a sober mind could do... and even more sadly, the majority of people who have used them haven't used them to their full potential... or to any potential for that matter.

It's true that psychedelics aren't for everyone, but they don't know that until they've tried them under the right circumstances.
Old 12-24-2006, 12:08 AM   #24
Level 7 - Loquacious

Definitely... its just kind of sad how the image of psychedelics is such a negative one.

Most people who haven't tried them believe that they do nothing more than a sober mind could do... and even more sadly, the majority of people who have used them haven't used them to their full potential... or to any potential for that matter.

It's true that psychedelics aren't for everyone, but they don't know that until they've tried them under the right circumstances.
rembrandt_q_einstein's Avatar rembrandt_q_einstein
12-24-2006, 12:17 AM

personally i think, instead of waking up and drinking coffee and eating breakfast, we should wake up eating mushrooms. i mean how much funier and easier would life be if we were just on shrooms all the time. i dont know, maybe its just me, but goddamn. i just wanna live in celebration of my existence, not mourn it.
Old 12-24-2006, 12:17 AM   #25
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 122

personally i think, instead of waking up and drinking coffee and eating breakfast, we should wake up eating mushrooms. i mean how much funier and easier would life be if we were just on shrooms all the time. i dont know, maybe its just me, but goddamn. i just wanna live in celebration of my existence, not mourn it.
12-24-2006, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rembrandt_q_einstein View Post
+1. Replace the 175 odd pounds of sugar the avg American eats per year with a little consciousness enhansing hit from time to time. In death there is no Project Mayhem!
Old 12-24-2006, 11:17 AM   #26
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by rembrandt_q_einstein View Post
+1. Replace the 175 odd pounds of sugar the avg American eats per year with a little consciousness enhansing hit from time to time. In death there is no Project Mayhem!
12-26-2006, 11:38 AM

"Not all drugs are good. Some … are great."

"You see, I think drugs have done some good things for us. I really do. And if you don't believe drugs have done good things for us, do me a favor. Go home tonight. Take all your albums, all your tapes and all your CDs and burn them. 'Cause you know what, the musicians that made all that great music that's enhanced your lives throughout the years … rrreal fucking high on drugs. The Beatles were so fucking high they let Ringo sing a few tunes."

"Wouldn't you like to see a positive LSD story on the news? To hear what it's all about, perhaps? Wouldn't that be interesting? Just for once? Today, a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration … that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There's no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we're the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the weather."
Old 12-26-2006, 11:38 AM   #27
Banned.

"Not all drugs are good. Some … are great."

"You see, I think drugs have done some good things for us. I really do. And if you don't believe drugs have done good things for us, do me a favor. Go home tonight. Take all your albums, all your tapes and all your CDs and burn them. 'Cause you know what, the musicians that made all that great music that's enhanced your lives throughout the years … rrreal fucking high on drugs. The Beatles were so fucking high they let Ringo sing a few tunes."

"Wouldn't you like to see a positive LSD story on the news? To hear what it's all about, perhaps? Wouldn't that be interesting? Just for once? Today, a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration … that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There's no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we're the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the weather."
12-26-2006, 02:30 PM

^ Fucking king among men.

Old 12-26-2006, 02:30 PM   #28
Level 8 - Vociferous

^ Fucking king among men.

ThirdEyEwidEopEn
12-27-2006, 09:37 PM

"^ Fucking king among men."

I know I wish we coulda had more time with him, by the time I was enlightened and discovered him it was too late he was already gone, truly a visionary in every sense of the word. He is not forgotten though.
Old 12-27-2006, 09:37 PM   #29
Banned.

"^ Fucking king among men."

I know I wish we coulda had more time with him, by the time I was enlightened and discovered him it was too late he was already gone, truly a visionary in every sense of the word. He is not forgotten though.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply