opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Lateralus » 02. Eon Blue Apocalypse
User Name
Password
Old 06-05-2004, 11:40 PM   #1
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
a new thought

A pre-completed version of this song can be heard on Salival's Pushit in the beggining when Maynard is talking....just to let you guys know if you didn't already. Maybe, there is a connection of sorts between "The Patient" and "Pushit." As far as meaning goes, "The Patient" can be considered a pre-quel to "Pushit." But I may be wrong...tell me what you think.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2004, 06:55 PM   #2
Level 1 - Lurker

Re: a new thought

i dunno , maybe , i never really thougt about that......... >>
<< korr bbbbang
Old 06-11-2004, 12:02 PM   #3
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

or MAYBE! they wrote eon blue apocolapse a long time ago and just preformed it as he was talking... with the great reaction from salival... they put it on LAtERALUS!
Old 06-14-2004, 07:00 PM   #4
Level 8 - Vociferous

Maybe he just liked it in Pushit, and decided to recreate it into being a new song.
Fade away, fade away, like any other day.
Old 06-14-2004, 09:04 PM   #5
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Yeah it's weird that they sound similar, but those two are different songs altogether. They get mixed up cuz they both start out with the same tremolo picking (really fast) on the same note.
Old 08-11-2004, 05:14 PM   #6
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-bay-be
or MAYBE! they wrote eon blue apocolapse a long time ago and just preformed it as he was talking... with the great reaction from salival... they put it on LAtERALUS!
i doubt that. There is a popular theory that this song was written as a tribute to adam jones' dead dog (eon). And the dog only recently died (recent to the release of lateralus of course..)
Old 08-12-2004, 04:03 PM   #7
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 79

yeah i noticed that... i also think its kinda funny that maynard in an interview BEFORE lateralus used the term "over thinking and over analyzing"

Last edited by Mr Omnipotent; 08-12-2004 at 11:26 PM..
Old 08-16-2004, 11:29 AM   #8
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1

That is ironic that he would use that term. I will have to look into this and see what I come up with. If you wish, when I have a theory, I'll share it with you all.
Old 09-24-2004, 08:00 PM   #9
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dglver
That is ironic that he would use that term. I will have to look into this and see what I come up with. If you wish, when I have a theory, I'll share it with you all.
It is not ironic at all.
That is him and what he says.
There is no need to look into the term. ITs right there in front of you. I know what it means, and where he used it at in a interview.
I have posted somewhere what it mean, somewhere on the lateralus forums
Old 10-06-2004, 06:53 AM   #10
Banned.

Bincount™: 5

see, there are alot of people that use that as backfire saying that we are over analysing the whole band... i say this. In opiate, maynard is not really against christ... it is aimed at getting you passionate about the song, then throwing curve balls to test the strength of your morals and hopefully breaking them if they do not have enough free flow (open mindness). In "Over thinking over analyzing seperates the body from the mind" it sounds like he is saying don't do this, but rather, i believe he is encouraging it on multible levels.
-1 he is reminding you to keep a big picture and not to only focus on small intracate things only
-2 he is telling you to also focus in on those details of your life you are not too sure of. See where those cracks and crevices lead to, or what that feeling is you cant quite put a finger on
-3 he tells you the effects of what is to happen if you stay off in la la land for too long.. it withers your intuition and makes you miss opportunities. basically he is motivating you to keep a very well rounded approach at life. Hense the term open mind.
Old 10-07-2004, 07:32 PM   #11
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 187

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triangular_Vision
see, there are alot of people that use that as backfire saying that we are over analysing the whole band... i say this. In opiate, maynard is not really against christ... it is aimed at getting you passionate about the song, then throwing curve balls to test the strength of your morals and hopefully breaking them if they do not have enough free flow (open mindness).

Yeah, totally.

That, or he was just singing about how he dislikes religion.
Old 10-08-2004, 05:12 AM   #12
Banned.

thats what i was trying to say. Just not in so many words ;)

Saying that maynard dosn't like religion is not a complete truth. He dislikes the 3rd party leaders that use religion as a "tool" to control simple minded people. Using the name Jesus simply lables something that cannot be labled just like God. I dont know if im the only one that feels this way... but almost every basic religion is trying to say the same thing from its ORIGIN. It gets distorted through time and leaders... Plus not one of them tells the whole truth because no-one knows the whole truth. This is the biggest problem because many religions claim to be "the way" "the truth" "The one and only" when they are only PART of the parabola.

Last edited by Triangular_Vision; 10-08-2004 at 05:18 AM..
Old 10-08-2004, 08:12 AM   #13
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 187

Somewhere along the lines Josh Freeze shared an opinion I think the entire band agrees with; something about disliking religions that form themselves into rigid institutions.
Old 10-10-2004, 06:29 PM   #14
Banned.

yup

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: