opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Lateralus » 03. The Patient
User Name
Password
Old 04-15-2008, 12:50 PM   #41
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 135
Re: "the patient" (iAMtheMA!'s take)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivek View Post
Speaking of GHIII, when the "Modern Metal" track pack came out and I saw it had Hole in the Earth by Deftones on it, I went "yaypurchase" and played that song... and was bored to tears.

Not long after, a NIN pack for Rock Band was released, and I went "yaypurchase" and had a badass time with all three songs on all four instruments.

Moral of the story: Fuck GHIII, I don't play it anymore.
Haha, I'm the opposite, I haven't played Rock Band in a while.
Old 04-16-2008, 09:04 AM   #42
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
The Guitar Hero series used to be great. Then Harmonix left, and Neversoft's only idea of innovation was "let's improve the graphics and just make the songs harder, instead of being original somehow. Wait, I've got it, let's throw in a half-assed battle mode that doesn't really get implemented. Okay. Cool. Gotcha."

Rock Band is far superior for the drums alone, hell.
Yeah, I really wish they would come out with some better tracks for either or. There's got to be a way to get some fucking Tool tracks on one or both of those. That would be beyond fucking cool. Probably Rock Band so you can do the drums or guitar. Is there a way we can get this idea to Rock Band and/or Tool?
Old 04-17-2008, 06:52 AM   #43
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
I'm sure both know of the insane demand. It's most likely one or more of the following factors keeping such a thing from happening:

- Tool won't license tracks
- Harmonix won't meet Tool's Price
- They'd be harder to program, what with the crazy changing time-sigs
- The best Tool songs are on the long side
- They're already working on them, and we're just being impatient
Yeah, ok so how and who do we (or I) contact to inquire of such a thing?
Old 04-30-2008, 01:55 PM   #44
dxs
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 94

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggie72 View Post
change is so much easier to talk about, then to actually do.

Which brings me to this question.

Who is worse?

A Person who can't see his own faults

or

someone who can, but does nothing about it.

I think some people are just content with living a life of mediocrity.

Someone who can, but will do nothing about it.
It means that one does not even have the willpower to change, without oblivion as an excuse for being faulty.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 02:06 PM   #45
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 480

Quote:
The Guitar Hero series used to be great. Then Harmonix left, and Neversoft's only idea of innovation was "let's improve the graphics and just make the songs harder, instead of being original somehow. Wait, I've got it, let's throw in a half-assed battle mode that doesn't really get implemented. Okay. Cool. Gotcha."

Rock Band is far superior for the drums alone, hell.
Hey Guitar Hero is innovative! For Guitar Hero 4 you can play drums and sing! So in your face Rivek, there goes your theory!
Old 05-01-2008, 08:44 AM   #46
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0

Interesting story. I was on a plane to Wyoming last January with a connection in Denver. I'm in my seat, and there is a rocker dude next to me on his cell talking about missing mic check for a show. When he gets off the phone I asked him what band he was with. Turns out, I was sitting next to Barry Stock of Three Days Grace. His flight was screwed up, so they were all on my flight but separated. We chatted it up all the way from Atlanta to Denver. When he asked me what I listened to, I told him I loved Tool. So then he regaled me with stories of going head to head with Maynard on Guitar Hero. My only brush with fame so it was pretty cool for me. Maybe MJK is a big enough fan to allow some songs to be used on Guitar Hero.
Old 05-02-2008, 09:31 AM   #47
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
I'm gonna trust you on the GH4 info, going out on a limb because of your involvement in a gaming website. But you have to admit that GH4 having vocals and drums is nothing but a copycat move to try and regain market share before Rock Band takes over.

Activision made a mistake by letting Harmonix walk out the door. Harmonix has been doing music games ever since the PSOne was the latest Sony had to offer, and they've gotten quite good at it over the years. Meanwhile, Neversoft, while a great developer, has never been able to tackle such a genre in the past and as such decided to play it safe. Well, they got their asses handed to them for it.
I hate to say it but the gameplay and timing of the notes on GH are far superior to Rock Band. Once I started playing the GH3 I can't stand playing guitar on Rock Band, it fucking sucks and the timing is completely off.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: