03-07-2018, 08:39 PM

ewe petter blissin'
Old 03-07-2018, 08:39 PM   #1721
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 217
Re: New Tool Album

ewe petter blissin'
03-07-2018, 08:44 PM

It will be a double album. When you open it up it will be spread legs. The track listing will be in the gaping vagina. Scratch and sniff anus. Omg I can't wait!!
Old 03-07-2018, 08:44 PM   #1722
Up From The Skies
Suicide Booth ID: 13

Bincount™: 26323

It will be a double album. When you open it up it will be spread legs. The track listing will be in the gaping vagina. Scratch and sniff anus. Omg I can't wait!!
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
again's Avatar again
03-07-2018, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iAMtheMA! View Post
ewe petter blissin'
Close enough
Old 03-07-2018, 09:13 PM   #1723
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by iAMtheMA! View Post
ewe petter blissin'
Close enough
intoaneye's Avatar intoaneye
03-10-2018, 03:11 AM

I thought Tool was going to work with Bottrill, instead it's Barresi. I could have sworn I saw somewhere that Bottrill was going to produce this album. God I hope Adam's guitar isn't going to overpower the rest of the music.
Old 03-10-2018, 03:11 AM   #1724
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 50

I thought Tool was going to work with Bottrill, instead it's Barresi. I could have sworn I saw somewhere that Bottrill was going to produce this album. God I hope Adam's guitar isn't going to overpower the rest of the music.
03-10-2018, 05:57 AM

hasn't come close to happening yet so i wouldn't worry about it
Old 03-10-2018, 05:57 AM   #1725
Level 10 - Vehement

hasn't come close to happening yet so i wouldn't worry about it
03-10-2018, 01:28 PM

They're definitely going with Joe and bottrill was nothing more than a pipe dream from various fans.
Old 03-10-2018, 01:28 PM   #1726
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 3860

They're definitely going with Joe and bottrill was nothing more than a pipe dream from various fans.
lotus.'s Avatar lotus.
03-10-2018, 08:49 PM

From the Tool FB page:

TOOL RECORDING NEWS!

Who’s ready for some major breaking news? Brace yourself; get ready… okay, here we go. We are very excited to announce what is sure to be welcome news for both fans of TOOL and prog-metal enthusiasts in general. After all the years of writing and arranging (and re-arranging) at the band’s loft, I can at this time officially report that the guys have moved into a major studio where the recording process for the next album is about to begin in earnest. For the past few days the band members have been getting sonically adjusted to their new surroundings - dialing in the equipment settings and restaurant catering choices - in preparation for Danny to begin his tracking any time now – perhaps by the time that you read this!

I am also excited to announce that ‘evil’ JOE BARRESI will once again have his capable fingers at the engineering controls for what will certainly be another masterful TOOL offering by the talented team. Pinch yourself if you want, but I have been told that all systems are GO at this point for the upcoming sessions.

I will be posting periodic bits and pieces on the progress of the tracking once the guys get deeper into the recording process, and hope that all of you will keep checking back to the official website for these updates. In the meantime, be sure to also visit the individual band members’ sites and socials (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc.) for more inside glimpses as TOOL prepares for the next stage in their musical odyssey.

Old 03-10-2018, 08:49 PM   #1727
Up From The Skies

From the Tool FB page:

TOOL RECORDING NEWS!

Who’s ready for some major breaking news? Brace yourself; get ready… okay, here we go. We are very excited to announce what is sure to be welcome news for both fans of TOOL and prog-metal enthusiasts in general. After all the years of writing and arranging (and re-arranging) at the band’s loft, I can at this time officially report that the guys have moved into a major studio where the recording process for the next album is about to begin in earnest. For the past few days the band members have been getting sonically adjusted to their new surroundings - dialing in the equipment settings and restaurant catering choices - in preparation for Danny to begin his tracking any time now – perhaps by the time that you read this!

I am also excited to announce that ‘evil’ JOE BARRESI will once again have his capable fingers at the engineering controls for what will certainly be another masterful TOOL offering by the talented team. Pinch yourself if you want, but I have been told that all systems are GO at this point for the upcoming sessions.

I will be posting periodic bits and pieces on the progress of the tracking once the guys get deeper into the recording process, and hope that all of you will keep checking back to the official website for these updates. In the meantime, be sure to also visit the individual band members’ sites and socials (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc.) for more inside glimpses as TOOL prepares for the next stage in their musical odyssey.

jungol
03-19-2018, 06:03 PM

I'm hyped. Too soon?
Old 03-19-2018, 06:03 PM   #1728
On Probation

I'm hyped. Too soon?
lotus.'s Avatar lotus.
03-19-2018, 06:26 PM

I wonder if they'll release a song early as a present to fans for waiting 28 years
Old 03-19-2018, 06:26 PM   #1729
Up From The Skies

I wonder if they'll release a song early as a present to fans for waiting 28 years
elusivEuphoria's Avatar elusivEuphoria
03-19-2018, 06:32 PM

Caught an article pointing out that Maynard had made some comments on Twitter suggesting that there were some tensions in the band with regard to releasing their music on streaming services.

Strange that that'd be a topic of discussion so early in the recording process.

Seemed like Maynard was in favor of releasing material in multiple formats.

Here it is https://www.alternativenation.net/ma...fans-troubled/
Old 03-19-2018, 06:32 PM   #1730
Level 10 - Vehement

Caught an article pointing out that Maynard had made some comments on Twitter suggesting that there were some tensions in the band with regard to releasing their music on streaming services.

Strange that that'd be a topic of discussion so early in the recording process.

Seemed like Maynard was in favor of releasing material in multiple formats.

Here it is https://www.alternativenation.net/ma...fans-troubled/
hellboy1975's Avatar hellboy1975
03-19-2018, 06:35 PM

Basically, clickbait sites reading waaaay too much into what Maynard tweets, in a desperate attempt to get people to read their shitty sites.

Number of Tool fans that are actually "troubled" is likely to be 0.
Old 03-19-2018, 06:35 PM   #1731
crows before hoes

Bincount™: 8619

Basically, clickbait sites reading waaaay too much into what Maynard tweets, in a desperate attempt to get people to read their shitty sites.

03-19-2018, 06:46 PM

I thought that something had come out a year or so ago that tool had done ... something ... I forget what that basically suggested they were making moves to start releasing music on streaming services. I think it's fair to say that most tool fans will still buy the whole album and listen to it in its entirety.

That's what seems strange to me. I got the impression that this was going to happen eventually. I guess one or more of the rest of them are still being resistant to the idea.
Old 03-19-2018, 06:46 PM   #1732
Level 10 - Vehement

I thought that something had come out a year or so ago that tool had done ... something ... I forget what that basically suggested they were making moves to start releasing music on streaming services. I think it's fair to say that most tool fans will still buy the whole album and listen to it in its entirety.

That's what seems strange to me. I got the impression that this was going to happen eventually. I guess one or more of the rest of them are still being resistant to the idea.
hellboy1975's Avatar hellboy1975
03-19-2018, 08:00 PM

I don't think there's anywhere near enough information to draw any meaningful conclusions about where music streaming is at.

I think it's inevitable though, and I think all members aside from Justin are on record has having said it's under consideration.
Old 03-19-2018, 08:00 PM   #1733
crows before hoes

Bincount™: 8619

I don't think there's anywhere near enough information to draw any meaningful conclusions about where music streaming is at.

I think it's inevitable though, and I think all members aside from Justin are on record has having said it's under consideration.
03-19-2018, 08:38 PM

I just hope they finally release some official digital album art for Lateralus, that looks like ass in my iTunes library no matter what google image I add to it.
Old 03-19-2018, 08:38 PM   #1734
Illuminator of Lightitude
Suicide Booth ID: 20

Location: Van Diemens Land Penis Length: 1.4 inches Vagina Capacity: 7.2 inches
Bincount™: 21769

I just hope they finally release some official digital album art for Lateralus, that looks like ass in my iTunes library no matter what google image I add to it.
03-19-2018, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellboy1975 View Post

'Maynard James Keenan went on one his usual Twitter troll fest'

With syntax like that, I can only assume the writer to be of the highest journalistic calibre, and thus will take his every inference as fact.
Old 03-19-2018, 08:42 PM   #1735
Illuminator of Lightitude
Suicide Booth ID: 20

Location: Van Diemens Land Penis Length: 1.4 inches Vagina Capacity: 7.2 inches
Bincount™: 21769

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellboy1975 View Post

'Maynard James Keenan went on one his usual Twitter troll fest'

With syntax like that, I can only assume the writer to be of the highest journalistic calibre, and thus will take his every inference as fact.
03-20-2018, 04:34 PM

When I did VIP last year, Adam Jones said that the new Opiate video was going to be a way for them to test the streaming waters out

Of course that was last May, so who knows what the plan is now..
Old 03-20-2018, 04:34 PM   #1736
Level 4 - Thinker

When I did VIP last year, Adam Jones said that the new Opiate video was going to be a way for them to test the streaming waters out

Of course that was last May, so who knows what the plan is now..
03-22-2018, 09:48 AM

Prediction: Tool is releasing the new album on April 1st. Only on 8 track form.
Old 03-22-2018, 09:48 AM   #1737
Up From The Skies

Prediction: Tool is releasing the new album on April 1st. Only on 8 track form.
Seven Deep's Avatar Seven Deep
03-22-2018, 04:04 PM

The new album was already released. Cut into a hidden groove on the Opiate reissue LPs. They're just waiting til now to tell everyone about it.

Jokes on you suckerz.
Old 03-22-2018, 04:04 PM   #1738
Level 13 - Nothing Can Defeat the Quad Laser

Bincount™: 2924

The new album was already released. Cut into a hidden groove on the Opiate reissue LPs. They're just waiting til now to tell everyone about it.

Jokes on you suckerz.
iAMtheMA!'s Avatar iAMtheMA!
03-22-2018, 07:15 PM

fucking knew it. almost said it aloud. kicking myself now that i didn't.
Old 03-22-2018, 07:15 PM   #1739
Level 10 - Vehement

fucking knew it. almost said it aloud. kicking myself now that i didn't.
03-23-2018, 05:36 AM

now that i'm fucking forty, i don't know if i really should care about this release. though you all know i'll run out and buy it first day it comes out...

but srsly - maynard being such a cunt, fucking up the vibe, not even there during the composing of the music... why don't they quit being such pussies and kick him out? have tool be an instrumental trio... the tool trio... LOL
Old 03-23-2018, 05:36 AM   #1740
On Probation

now that i'm fucking forty, i don't know if i really should care about this release. though you all know i'll run out and buy it first day it comes out...

but srsly - maynard being such a cunt, fucking up the vibe, not even there during the composing of the music... why don't they quit being such pussies and kick him out? have tool be an instrumental trio... the tool trio... LOL
03-23-2018, 06:59 AM

Maybe after this one.

But hey, they're all in their fifties and they still care about this release. I'm sure it has nothing to do with the money. And surely they won't milk this one for another 12 years of touring. I bet it's not even going to be very political. I bet it's about depression and opioid addiction, sprinkled with messages of love of newborns, being connected to the Earth and putting in the hard work to heal yourself. That struggle never ends.
Old 03-23-2018, 06:59 AM   #1741
Level 10 - Vehement

Maybe after this one.

But hey, they're all in their fifties and they still care about this release. I'm sure it has nothing to do with the money. And surely they won't milk this one for another 12 years of touring. I bet it's not even going to be very political. I bet it's about depression and opioid addiction, sprinkled with messages of love of newborns, being connected to the Earth and putting in the hard work to heal yourself. That struggle never ends.
again's Avatar again
03-23-2018, 07:30 AM

I was hoping at 55 they'd be healed and have nothing to sing about
Old 03-23-2018, 07:30 AM   #1742
Level 7 - Loquacious

I was hoping at 55 they'd be healed and have nothing to sing about
ZYV's Avatar ZYV
03-23-2018, 09:54 AM

It would be cool if they released a high quality download option with physical artwork. We could order the physical copy with artwork and then get the instant download as well.
Old 03-23-2018, 09:54 AM   #1743
ZYV
Level 4 - Thinker

It would be cool if they released a high quality download option with physical artwork. We could order the physical copy with artwork and then get the instant download as well.
jungol
03-23-2018, 11:15 AM

Also, just be on online streaming services and be done with it.

Or is spotify the undoing of humanity?

hmm
Old 03-23-2018, 11:15 AM   #1744
On Probation

Also, just be on online streaming services and be done with it.

Or is spotify the undoing of humanity?

hmm
03-23-2018, 12:52 PM

So... I've got Amazon music unlimited; and there are definitely still some albums by certain artists that if I want that song/album, I have to pay for it. I assume similar scenarios are present with Spotify and iTunes. If Tool did that, I'd be okay with it. Do they still get ass-raped in terms of profit by going that route?

Why not innovate in terms of the artwork too? Why not make some kinda of VR play-a-long app and release it on Oculus? Each track has an immersive CG piece of art that you can experience... and you can shoot flaming eyes for points to compete with other tool fans to see whose third eye is pried open the widest.

who's up for a Tool VR fap sesh?

Last edited by elusivEuphoria; 03-23-2018 at 12:54 PM..
Old 03-23-2018, 12:52 PM   #1745
Level 10 - Vehement

So... I've got Amazon music unlimited; and there are definitely still some albums by certain artists that if I want that song/album, I have to pay for it. I assume similar scenarios are present with Spotify and iTunes. If Tool did that, I'd be okay with it. Do they still get ass-raped in terms of profit by going that route?

Why not innovate in terms of the artwork too? Why not make some kinda of VR play-a-long app and release it on Oculus? Each track has an immersive CG piece of art that you can experience... and you can shoot flaming eyes for points to compete with other tool fans to see whose third eye is pried open the widest.

who's up for a Tool VR fap sesh?

Last edited by elusivEuphoria; 03-23-2018 at 12:54 PM..
ZYV's Avatar ZYV
03-23-2018, 02:20 PM

Lol. I don’t have oculus or a streaming service, but if I did those both sound good.
Old 03-23-2018, 02:20 PM   #1746
ZYV
Level 4 - Thinker

Lol. I don’t have oculus or a streaming service, but if I did those both sound good.
03-24-2018, 01:38 PM

Yeah I'm only half kidding about the VR thing. That'd be kinda cool. They could package the physical copy with a cardboard VR headset (https://vr.google.com/cardboard/) with a qr code printed on it to authorize the download of an app on oculus.
Old 03-24-2018, 01:38 PM   #1747
Level 10 - Vehement

Yeah I'm only half kidding about the VR thing. That'd be kinda cool. They could package the physical copy with a cardboard VR headset (https://vr.google.com/cardboard/) with a qr code printed on it to authorize the download of an app on oculus.
ZYV's Avatar ZYV
03-24-2018, 02:42 PM

That’s pretty cool.
Old 03-24-2018, 02:42 PM   #1748
ZYV
Level 4 - Thinker

That’s pretty cool.
jungol
03-24-2018, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elusivEuphoria View Post
you should email blake
Old 03-24-2018, 03:30 PM   #1749
On Probation

Quote:
Originally Posted by elusivEuphoria View Post
you should email blake
03-24-2018, 05:09 PM

no you
Old 03-24-2018, 05:09 PM   #1750
Level 10 - Vehement

no you
lotus.'s Avatar lotus.
03-24-2018, 05:33 PM

Fuck VR

Putting a display that close to your eyes isn't good for you.
Old 03-24-2018, 05:33 PM   #1751
Up From The Skies

Fuck VR

jungol
03-25-2018, 06:36 AM

fucks with your brain, too.
Old 03-25-2018, 06:36 AM   #1752
On Probation

fucks with your brain, too.
03-25-2018, 10:06 AM

So do lots of things.
Old 03-25-2018, 10:06 AM   #1753
Level 10 - Vehement

So do lots of things.
lotus.'s Avatar lotus.
03-25-2018, 02:15 PM

Constant over-stimulation numbs me
Old 03-25-2018, 02:15 PM   #1754
Up From The Skies

Constant over-stimulation numbs me
dan's Avatar dan
03-26-2018, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus. View Post
Fuck VR

but have you tried VR porn?
Old 03-26-2018, 06:21 AM   #1755
dan
tool fan

Bincount™: 33962

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus. View Post
Fuck VR

but have you tried VR porn?
04-01-2018, 02:39 PM

Adam posted a new song on Instagram.
Old 04-01-2018, 02:39 PM   #1756
ZYV
Level 4 - Thinker

Adam posted a new song on Instagram.
iAMtheMA!'s Avatar iAMtheMA!
04-01-2018, 03:59 PM

hell yeah, been playing it all day, super catchy
Old 04-01-2018, 03:59 PM   #1757
Level 10 - Vehement

hell yeah, been playing it all day, super catchy
04-01-2018, 04:24 PM

Quite the fast time signature
Old 04-01-2018, 04:24 PM   #1758
Up From The Skies

Quite the fast time signature
asymptotic's Avatar asymptotic
04-02-2018, 02:10 AM

Did you guys notice it was in 3-1-4-1-5-9 time signature? I did because I'm smart and a true Tool fan. For you plebs, i.e. IQ < 145 humans, it's obviously a reference to the number pi which begins 3.14159.
Old 04-02-2018, 02:10 AM   #1759
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 3

Did you guys notice it was in 3-1-4-1-5-9 time signature? I did because I'm smart and a true Tool fan. For you plebs, i.e. IQ < 145 humans, it's obviously a reference to the number pi which begins 3.14159.
04-02-2018, 02:51 AM

*drops pizza*

wut?
Old 04-02-2018, 02:51 AM   #1760
Level 10 - Vehement

*drops pizza*

wut?

Rate This Thread