Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days
User Name
Password
HeavenLost's Avatar HeavenLost
05-12-2006, 02:25 PM

Through all the years I've been listening to Tool I never thought I would hear what I'm hearing on 10,000 Days. Completely out of the question, but here is it from Maynards own mouth.

Ladies and gentlemen and undefinable, Maynard James Keenan is witnessing for the word of God. There's a truck load of proof I can give for this, but in true Tool fashion I want you to use your brain and find it for yourself. Now, let me whet your appetite and set you on your way.

We all know that Judith Marie was a devout Christian, and if here life wasn't a lie ('she never lived a lie') then her life must haven been true.

There are many more of these little gems. Listen, study and think, Tool has always tried to encourage you to do that.

Last edited by HeavenLost; 05-13-2006 at 08:29 AM..
Old 05-12-2006, 02:25 PM   #1
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
From Maynards Own Mouth

Through all the years I've been listening to Tool I never thought I would hear what I'm hearing on 10,000 Days. Completely out of the question, but here is it from Maynards own mouth.

Ladies and gentlemen and undefinable, Maynard James Keenan is witnessing for the word of God. There's a truck load of proof I can give for this, but in true Tool fashion I want you to use your brain and find it for yourself. Now, let me whet your appetite and set you on your way.

We all know that Judith Marie was a devout Christian, and if here life wasn't a lie ('she never lived a lie') then her life must haven been true.

There are many more of these little gems. Listen, study and think, Tool has always tried to encourage you to do that.

Last edited by HeavenLost; 05-13-2006 at 08:29 AM..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Cid's Avatar Cid
05-12-2006, 02:29 PM

so it's a lie to believe something? i'm not saying i believe in a god such as maynard's mom did, but how is that a lie? she lived her life true to her beliefs. there's nothing wrong with that. maynard's not preaching in the song either. he's looking through his mother's eyes and hoping she gets what she deserves based on her beliefs.
10/23/07 OiNK Never Forget
Old 05-12-2006, 02:29 PM   #2
Cid
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 190
Re: From Maynards Own Mouth

so it's a lie to believe something? i'm not saying i believe in a god such as maynard's mom did, but how is that a lie? she lived her life true to her beliefs. there's nothing wrong with that. maynard's not preaching in the song either. he's looking through his mother's eyes and hoping she gets what she deserves based on her beliefs.
10/23/07 OiNK Never Forget
omnitronic's Avatar omnitronic
05-12-2006, 02:29 PM

I think he is honoring her by showing that she lived what Jesus preached while most Christians are hypocrites. He kinda compares her internment in a wheelchair to Christ on the cross. But I do not think he is "preaching" Christianity. Remember, you can think the teachings of Jesus are valid without believing in the holy trinity.
Old 05-12-2006, 02:29 PM   #3
Level 11 - Clamorous

Bincount™: 362

I think he is honoring her by showing that she lived what Jesus preached while most Christians are hypocrites. He kinda compares her internment in a wheelchair to Christ on the cross. But I do not think he is "preaching" Christianity. Remember, you can think the teachings of Jesus are valid without believing in the holy trinity.
05-12-2006, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavenLost

Ladies and gentlemen and undefinable, Maynard James Keenan is preaching the word of God. There's a truck load of proof I can give for this, but in true Tool fashion I want you to use your brain and find it for yourself. Now, let me wet your appetite and set you on your way.

There are many more of there little gems. Listen, study and think, Tool has always tried to encourage you to do that.
Umm not really.
Old 05-12-2006, 02:30 PM   #4
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 4

Quote:

Ladies and gentlemen and undefinable, Maynard James Keenan is preaching the word of God. There's a truck load of proof I can give for this, but in true Tool fashion I want you to use your brain and find it for yourself. Now, let me wet your appetite and set you on your way.

There are many more of there little gems. Listen, study and think, Tool has always tried to encourage you to do that.
Umm not really.
Black Rabbit's Avatar Black Rabbit
05-12-2006, 02:37 PM

Quote:

Yes, finally Maynard has found the Lord! I knew it wouldn't be long until he saw the light.
Old 05-12-2006, 02:37 PM   #5

Bincount™: 3

Quote:

Yes, finally Maynard has found the Lord! I knew it wouldn't be long until he saw the light.
TheHolyGift's Avatar TheHolyGift
05-12-2006, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by omnitronic
Nailed it.

this band changed my life
Old 05-12-2006, 02:38 PM   #6
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by omnitronic
Nailed it.

this band changed my life
stinkfish's Avatar stinkfish
05-12-2006, 02:38 PM

the title made the thread out to be something better than piece of shit.
Old 05-12-2006, 02:38 PM   #7
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 21

Bloody's Avatar Bloody
05-12-2006, 02:48 PM

i think some people need to stop sucking on maynards cock and just like the music for what it is or go read poetry.
Old 05-12-2006, 02:48 PM   #8
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 76

i think some people need to stop sucking on maynards cock and just like the music for what it is or go read poetry.
Fulcanelli's Avatar Fulcanelli
05-12-2006, 02:51 PM

It's abundantly obvious that MJK is spiritual. It doesn't mean that he's preaching Christianity, not that it would be so terrible if he did. One huge reason that I love Tool is that they are open minded, unlike a lot of their fans (unfortunately). I don't mean to put anyone down but it's really quite pathetic to constantly read comments bashing a religion and justifying it by some misinterpretation of lyrics from a great band like Tool.
Old 05-12-2006, 02:51 PM   #9
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 7

It's abundantly obvious that MJK is spiritual. It doesn't mean that he's preaching Christianity, not that it would be so terrible if he did. One huge reason that I love Tool is that they are open minded, unlike a lot of their fans (unfortunately). I don't mean to put anyone down but it's really quite pathetic to constantly read comments bashing a religion and justifying it by some misinterpretation of lyrics from a great band like Tool.
bistrobeef
05-12-2006, 03:05 PM

I hear alot of bashing on maynard and this album, about it being fake and that it sucks. The truth is that its a TOOL album not what some of us were expecting but definetly a good album. Lets not forget that TOOL is a progressive rock, sometimes to the point where it goes into progressive art rock. I see the songs Wings for Marie and 10,000 days sort of a eulogy for his mom honoring her spirit and the life she lived. Then on THE POT, it could actually be his mom talking to him saying who are you to judge me and my beliefs and you go around living your rock and roll lifestyle. Preaching think for yourself question authority to your congregation (tool fans). its like calling The pot calling the kettle black. Being a hypocrite
Old 05-12-2006, 03:05 PM   #10
Level 3 - Talker

I hear alot of bashing on maynard and this album, about it being fake and that it sucks. The truth is that its a TOOL album not what some of us were expecting but definetly a good album. Lets not forget that TOOL is a progressive rock, sometimes to the point where it goes into progressive art rock. I see the songs Wings for Marie and 10,000 days sort of a eulogy for his mom honoring her spirit and the life she lived. Then on THE POT, it could actually be his mom talking to him saying who are you to judge me and my beliefs and you go around living your rock and roll lifestyle. Preaching think for yourself question authority to your congregation (tool fans). its like calling The pot calling the kettle black. Being a hypocrite
chonus's Avatar chonus
05-12-2006, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Rabbit

yeah, last April 1.
Old 05-12-2006, 03:06 PM   #11
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Rabbit

yeah, last April 1.
fraz's Avatar fraz
05-12-2006, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkfish
agreed .... their should be a rule to prevent this kind fo crap happening... and people wonder why so many of us are angry bastards in this forum
Old 05-12-2006, 03:08 PM   #12
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkfish
agreed .... their should be a rule to prevent this kind fo crap happening... and people wonder why so many of us are angry bastards in this forum
Nate-Dogg85
05-12-2006, 03:12 PM

never told a lie
might've told a lie
but never lived one

didnt have a life
didnt have a life
but surely saved one

my interpretation of that is; that she beleived in what she did, regardless of if it was a lie or not, and she lived her life based upon what she believed, never straying from her faith.

Second line, im guessing is referring to MJK himselfe, she spent 10,000 days in hell, but it was a sacrifice, so he could be saved. She taught him a lesson is what hes saying.

And maynard does believe in 'a' god, he detests organized relgion. He believes you should "think for yourself and question authority" and come up with your own opinions on what god is, and how he serves you, or you serve him. Maybe accept someone elses opinion of those things, but never do so blindly.
Old 05-12-2006, 03:12 PM   #13

Bincount™: 2

never told a lie
might've told a lie
but never lived one

didnt have a life
didnt have a life
but surely saved one

my interpretation of that is; that she beleived in what she did, regardless of if it was a lie or not, and she lived her life based upon what she believed, never straying from her faith.

Second line, im guessing is referring to MJK himselfe, she spent 10,000 days in hell, but it was a sacrifice, so he could be saved. She taught him a lesson is what hes saying.

And maynard does believe in 'a' god, he detests organized relgion. He believes you should "think for yourself and question authority" and come up with your own opinions on what god is, and how he serves you, or you serve him. Maybe accept someone elses opinion of those things, but never do so blindly.
montgomeryburns
05-12-2006, 03:17 PM

When I first heard Judith I immediately thought of my mother. She is a very religious person. Overly religious I often say "she knows god personally". She also has an illness that has her weak and sick and will eventually kill her. I am very much not religious and have felt somewhat betrayed by my mother because she chooses her faith over everything else. Many times being me and my family. This is my first post on this forum and I came looking for answers when I saw Judith mentioned again on 10,000 days. I didnt know until now that Judith was MJKs mother. Im not yet sure how I feel about wings pt1&2 and would not try to interpret them. I just know for me even though I totally disagree with my mothers views, when she dies I hope she gets all she prays for.
Old 05-12-2006, 03:17 PM   #14
Level 1 - Lurker

When I first heard Judith I immediately thought of my mother. She is a very religious person. Overly religious I often say "she knows god personally". She also has an illness that has her weak and sick and will eventually kill her. I am very much not religious and have felt somewhat betrayed by my mother because she chooses her faith over everything else. Many times being me and my family. This is my first post on this forum and I came looking for answers when I saw Judith mentioned again on 10,000 days. I didnt know until now that Judith was MJKs mother. Im not yet sure how I feel about wings pt1&2 and would not try to interpret them. I just know for me even though I totally disagree with my mothers views, when she dies I hope she gets all she prays for.
Agenda's Avatar Agenda
05-12-2006, 03:20 PM

How many god danm threads need there be about this? Could it be he loves his mother wants her to be happy? That maybe he respects her and HER faith, and not the religion itself? Dumbass
Old 05-12-2006, 03:20 PM   #15
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 27

How many god danm threads need there be about this? Could it be he loves his mother wants her to be happy? That maybe he respects her and HER faith, and not the religion itself? Dumbass
05-12-2006, 03:20 PM

Maynard is obviously into New Age religion. My Grandma has been into it forever, she has shown me maps of california sinking into the ocean way before Aenima, she knows Alex Grey's work very well (he's very New Age also), She talked about Aliens a lot and how they are already here, she would visit Sedona Arizona quite frequently and would tell me that it is the most spiritual place, blah blah blah, (Maynard lives not far from Sedona). Lateralus was a straight up New Age album. Period. Listen to the lyrics. Riding spirals....saturn ascending....kaballah shit....all of parabol/parabola. Now if anyone can define New Age.....I can't
Old 05-12-2006, 03:20 PM   #16
On Probation

Maynard is obviously into New Age religion. My Grandma has been into it forever, she has shown me maps of california sinking into the ocean way before Aenima, she knows Alex Grey's work very well (he's very New Age also), She talked about Aliens a lot and how they are already here, she would visit Sedona Arizona quite frequently and would tell me that it is the most spiritual place, blah blah blah, (Maynard lives not far from Sedona). Lateralus was a straight up New Age album. Period. Listen to the lyrics. Riding spirals....saturn ascending....kaballah shit....all of parabol/parabola. Now if anyone can define New Age.....I can't
05-12-2006, 03:30 PM

I have several friends who absolutely refuse to listen to Tool. How pitiful. That is close mindedness. There is knowledge in their music and to deny knowledge isn't just ignorant, its stupidity. Dig in and find it, if you can. Don't sidestep my argument with bashing or sarcasm, that is weakness. If you think im wrong challenge me directly.

Omnitronic, thank you for your post. I hope you find time to respond again. I have to tell you though, to think Chirst's teachings are valid without believing in the Holy Trinity is a futile venture.
Old 05-12-2006, 03:30 PM   #17
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

I have several friends who absolutely refuse to listen to Tool. How pitiful. That is close mindedness. There is knowledge in their music and to deny knowledge isn't just ignorant, its stupidity. Dig in and find it, if you can. Don't sidestep my argument with bashing or sarcasm, that is weakness. If you think im wrong challenge me directly.

Omnitronic, thank you for your post. I hope you find time to respond again. I have to tell you though, to think Chirst's teachings are valid without believing in the Holy Trinity is a futile venture.
Neuromancer's Avatar Neuromancer
05-12-2006, 03:35 PM

Is the original poster joking or am I missing something?
Albert Einstein
Old 05-12-2006, 03:35 PM   #18
Level 4 - Thinker

Albert Einstein
theprosperone
05-12-2006, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuromancer

I think you're missing something. That something would be that Tool made an album that wasn't filled with only heavy riffing and angry lyrics. Some of their confused fans in an attempt to understand what any of these emotions are besides anger and distaste for the world around them have short-circuited their brains.
Old 05-12-2006, 03:40 PM   #19

Quote:

I think you're missing something. That something would be that Tool made an album that wasn't filled with only heavy riffing and angry lyrics. Some of their confused fans in an attempt to understand what any of these emotions are besides anger and distaste for the world around them have short-circuited their brains.
hbynoe's Avatar hbynoe
05-12-2006, 03:42 PM

jesus saves and delivers...
stand and listen.
give an ear...

oh god.

whatever.
Old 05-12-2006, 03:42 PM   #20
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 801

jesus saves and delivers...
stand and listen.
give an ear...

oh god.

whatever.
05-12-2006, 03:44 PM

Quote:

Psycho.
Old 05-12-2006, 03:44 PM   #21
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:

Psycho.
05-12-2006, 03:46 PM

Neuromancer, if you think im joking then you've missed quite alot.

Organized religion is one of the most insidious inventions mankind has ever made. To accept a regime where a few people dictate what your Creator has said is robing yourself of truth. No man can ever be truly selfless. God tells us to question, not just wander through life ignorant of the forces that try to control us. Oddly enough, thats the same thing Tool has been saying for more then twenty years.
Old 05-12-2006, 03:46 PM   #22
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Organized religion is one of the most insidious inventions mankind has ever made. To accept a regime where a few people dictate what your Creator has said is robing yourself of truth. No man can ever be truly selfless. God tells us to question, not just wander through life ignorant of the forces that try to control us. Oddly enough, thats the same thing Tool has been saying for more then twenty years.
05-12-2006, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theprosperone
Hehe yeah, that's probebly it.

Ugh, it's so tiering thoe, to see all these jack-for-brains try and come up with a even more fantastic meaning (or no meaning at all - which seems to be a popular idea nowadays) about a song in the album.
Albert Einstein
Old 05-12-2006, 03:47 PM   #23
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by theprosperone
Hehe yeah, that's probebly it.

Ugh, it's so tiering thoe, to see all these jack-for-brains try and come up with a even more fantastic meaning (or no meaning at all - which seems to be a popular idea nowadays) about a song in the album.
Albert Einstein
05-12-2006, 03:49 PM

Quote:

Oh and here I thought that religion per se is to belive in a higher power that is absolut and unquestionable. Kinda the opposite of the whole "think for yourself, question authority thing".

And by the way, Right-in-Two has nothing to do about the Virgin Mary.

PS. And isn't "religion" a product of the concept "God"?
Albert Einstein
Old 05-12-2006, 03:49 PM   #24
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:

Oh and here I thought that religion per se is to belive in a higher power that is absolut and unquestionable. Kinda the opposite of the whole "think for yourself, question authority thing".

Albert Einstein
05-12-2006, 03:58 PM

Quote:

Yes, religion is a product of MAN'S concept of God. Faith is the knowledge that God is El Shaddai (The Almighty), and the full trust in His power. Don't confuse that creation with the Creator.
Old 05-12-2006, 03:58 PM   #25
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:

Yes, religion is a product of MAN'S concept of God. Faith is the knowledge that God is El Shaddai (The Almighty), and the full trust in His power. Don't confuse that creation with the Creator.
05-12-2006, 04:01 PM

Good point.
Guess I misunderstood your view of "God" or as you said "El Shaddai" :)

But then again - and this is just my personal belief - I really don't like the idea of putting my "faith" into anything that is supreme or "perfect". To place your "full trust" into something can be quite risky to say the least.
Just look at all those fundamental christians, they put their absolute faith into something that is just... well, I'm going to say it... rubbish.

Again, I know that your not anywhere close to put a = mark between "The Christian God" and "The allmighty" but it's still close enough for my taste.
Albert Einstein

Last edited by Neuromancer; 05-12-2006 at 04:06 PM.. Reason: Added some rambling at the end.
Old 05-12-2006, 04:01 PM   #26
Level 4 - Thinker

Good point.
Guess I misunderstood your view of "God" or as you said "El Shaddai" :)

But then again - and this is just my personal belief - I really don't like the idea of putting my "faith" into anything that is supreme or "perfect". To place your "full trust" into something can be quite risky to say the least.
Just look at all those fundamental christians, they put their absolute faith into something that is just... well, I'm going to say it... rubbish.

Again, I know that your not anywhere close to put a = mark between "The Christian God" and "The allmighty" but it's still close enough for my taste.
Albert Einstein

Last edited by Neuromancer; 05-12-2006 at 04:06 PM.. Reason: Added some rambling at the end.
xXAtaraxiaXx
05-12-2006, 04:07 PM

I understand what he'd doing here, it just kind of disappoints me. When I first got the album I just basically was browsing through it, and before listening deeply into the lyrics and such I got an overwhelming feeling that MJK has crossed over. It just baffles me that these lyrics were written by the same guy that wrote Eulogy etc...
Old 05-12-2006, 04:07 PM   #27
Level 3 - Talker

I understand what he'd doing here, it just kind of disappoints me. When I first got the album I just basically was browsing through it, and before listening deeply into the lyrics and such I got an overwhelming feeling that MJK has crossed over. It just baffles me that these lyrics were written by the same guy that wrote Eulogy etc...
Crisispoint
05-12-2006, 04:08 PM

What is interesting about CHristian, is that Jesus never mentioned in the Bible that he is a Christian, nor did he consider himself a Christ. In fact the word CHrist was a derogatory terms and came about after his death.

I think personally that Jesus was a priest in the town of Nazareth and belonged to the sect Nazarene.

That's just my opinion.

Another issue I have with Christians/Church is that they forgot to look at the Bible in not only a historical point,but a lot of it isn't to be taken literally,but more symbolically.

Words also changes as time goes by, so what had one meaning in Jesus time, may mean something completely different now.

I certainly understand Maynard's position with God and Religion. My mom is Catholic and she is very spiritual in that she truly believes in her God,however I have struggle with that all my life for various reasons.

Sorry for babbling on.
Old 05-12-2006, 04:08 PM   #28
Level 4 - Thinker

What is interesting about CHristian, is that Jesus never mentioned in the Bible that he is a Christian, nor did he consider himself a Christ. In fact the word CHrist was a derogatory terms and came about after his death.

I think personally that Jesus was a priest in the town of Nazareth and belonged to the sect Nazarene.

That's just my opinion.

Another issue I have with Christians/Church is that they forgot to look at the Bible in not only a historical point,but a lot of it isn't to be taken literally,but more symbolically.

Words also changes as time goes by, so what had one meaning in Jesus time, may mean something completely different now.

I certainly understand Maynard's position with God and Religion. My mom is Catholic and she is very spiritual in that she truly believes in her God,however I have struggle with that all my life for various reasons.

Sorry for babbling on.
05-12-2006, 04:09 PM

He. Is. Not. Preaching.

Listen to "Tipple J"'s inteview with Tool it kinda says it all.
Albert Einstein
Old 05-12-2006, 04:09 PM   #29
Level 4 - Thinker

He. Is. Not. Preaching.

Listen to "Tipple J"'s inteview with Tool it kinda says it all.
Albert Einstein
05-12-2006, 04:27 PM

Allow me to correct myself. Preaching and witnessing are two different things.

About Christ not saying his is a Christian, how could he. But he did say, 'I am the way, the truth, and the life. None may come to the Father but though me.' and also, 'The Son of Man is going to come in the glory of His Father and His angels and will then repay every man according to his deeds.'

The capitalization denotes God, as in the Father.

Neuromancer this is just for you The Christian God = The Almighty.
Old 05-12-2006, 04:27 PM   #30
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Allow me to correct myself. Preaching and witnessing are two different things.

About Christ not saying his is a Christian, how could he. But he did say, 'I am the way, the truth, and the life. None may come to the Father but though me.' and also, 'The Son of Man is going to come in the glory of His Father and His angels and will then repay every man according to his deeds.'

The capitalization denotes God, as in the Father.

05-12-2006, 04:39 PM

Quote:

Damn they were right all along. See ya in hell.
Old 05-12-2006, 04:39 PM   #31

Quote:

Damn they were right all along. See ya in hell.
TheEulogyOfMe's Avatar TheEulogyOfMe
05-12-2006, 04:47 PM

Blah blah blah! Who fuckin' cares! Listen to the music, take what you want and be happy! Religion, God it's all what you make of it.

I will not be scared into loving an imaginary person. "There's no Love in Fear."
Old 05-12-2006, 04:47 PM   #32

Blah blah blah! Who fuckin' cares! Listen to the music, take what you want and be happy! Religion, God it's all what you make of it.

I will not be scared into loving an imaginary person. "There's no Love in Fear."
05-12-2006, 04:49 PM

The original poster got it all wrong...Wings For Marie is a song about his mother, an ode to her if you will, to her strong beliefs, regardless of Maynard's agreement with them. Right In Two is just about angels metaphorically, a device to write a song on humans from an outsiders view. Intension actually feels more like Buddhism to me. The Pot could just as well be about hypocricy in general. How you see Christianity in Jambi, Vicarious or Rosetta Stoned is beyond me.
there was no craddle I can taste it!"
Old 05-12-2006, 04:49 PM   #33
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 6

The original poster got it all wrong...Wings For Marie is a song about his mother, an ode to her if you will, to her strong beliefs, regardless of Maynard's agreement with them. Right In Two is just about angels metaphorically, a device to write a song on humans from an outsiders view. Intension actually feels more like Buddhism to me. The Pot could just as well be about hypocricy in general. How you see Christianity in Jambi, Vicarious or Rosetta Stoned is beyond me.
there was no craddle I can taste it!"
05-12-2006, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisispoint

That's just my opinion.

Sorry for babbling on.
The word Christ means "Annointed One." How is that Derogatory?
Old 05-12-2006, 04:50 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisispoint

That's just my opinion.

Sorry for babbling on.
The word Christ means "Annointed One." How is that Derogatory?
05-12-2006, 04:51 PM

I don't see how any human being can look @ the life of Christ (even if you don't believe he was the Son of God) and not agree that he was the greatest teacher and man that ever lived. Even Tenzin Gyatso and Mohandas Gandhi spoke about Christ's greatness, and neither of them are Christian. Judge Christianity by Christ alone (I saw that in Silverchair album art). Although there are plenty who are claiming to be Christian, the vast majority of them are completely misrepresenting Christ, and thus you have seen the great disgust of their supposed religion. We are not living in a world that promotes or encourages what Christ taught, or we wouldn't have this pathetic war or this retarded president... and many other things we would never have time to discuss. Anyway, we don't know what kinda relationship Maynard had with his mother, but what we do know is that whatever good or bad times they shared it is obvious that he loved and admired her deeply. She "saved" him, whatever that means for Maynard it must be a good thing.

Also I'd like to know where in the Bible its says the words "Holy Trinity" or even makes mention of such a concept? Don't forget the influence and impact that Constantine had on Christianity... marrying Pagan and Christian together which negated a lot of what the scriptures taught. Even Maynard knows that. But you are all smart enough to research what "Old Stanley" did to screw up Christianity and religion as a whole. Hope that I don't sound too preachy here, that is not my intention... although I love Jah tremendously. Have a nice day. D
Old 05-12-2006, 04:51 PM   #35
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1

I don't see how any human being can look @ the life of Christ (even if you don't believe he was the Son of God) and not agree that he was the greatest teacher and man that ever lived. Even Tenzin Gyatso and Mohandas Gandhi spoke about Christ's greatness, and neither of them are Christian. Judge Christianity by Christ alone (I saw that in Silverchair album art). Although there are plenty who are claiming to be Christian, the vast majority of them are completely misrepresenting Christ, and thus you have seen the great disgust of their supposed religion. We are not living in a world that promotes or encourages what Christ taught, or we wouldn't have this pathetic war or this retarded president... and many other things we would never have time to discuss. Anyway, we don't know what kinda relationship Maynard had with his mother, but what we do know is that whatever good or bad times they shared it is obvious that he loved and admired her deeply. She "saved" him, whatever that means for Maynard it must be a good thing.

Also I'd like to know where in the Bible its says the words "Holy Trinity" or even makes mention of such a concept? Don't forget the influence and impact that Constantine had on Christianity... marrying Pagan and Christian together which negated a lot of what the scriptures taught. Even Maynard knows that. But you are all smart enough to research what "Old Stanley" did to screw up Christianity and religion as a whole. Hope that I don't sound too preachy here, that is not my intention... although I love Jah tremendously. Have a nice day. D
05-12-2006, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aperfectnineinchtool

Because he wasn't real. ZING! Take a look at Osiris Dyonisus. His pictures are carved into Pyramid walls, way before Jesus "walked" this world. Oddly enough, he went through almost the same exact thing Jesus supposedly did. Hmmm....

EDIT: In fact, the newborn Christianity was just like Pagan V.2

Last edited by TheEulogyOfMe; 05-12-2006 at 04:56 PM..
Old 05-12-2006, 04:53 PM   #36

Quote:

Because he wasn't real. ZING! Take a look at Osiris Dyonisus. His pictures are carved into Pyramid walls, way before Jesus "walked" this world. Oddly enough, he went through almost the same exact thing Jesus supposedly did. Hmmm....

EDIT: In fact, the newborn Christianity was just like Pagan V.2

Last edited by TheEulogyOfMe; 05-12-2006 at 04:56 PM..
aperfectnineinchtool's Avatar aperfectnineinchtool
05-12-2006, 04:59 PM

I totally agree with the new born Christianity being Pagan V.2 but that wasn't until the 3rd and/or 4th centery. Fricking christmas and easter... and other things; *vomits*, oh I'm sorry did I get that on you?
Old 05-12-2006, 04:59 PM   #37
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

I totally agree with the new born Christianity being Pagan V.2 but that wasn't until the 3rd and/or 4th centery. Fricking christmas and easter... and other things; *vomits*, oh I'm sorry did I get that on you?
05-12-2006, 05:05 PM

Quote:
I'm talking about the very Days Christ was supposedly born/died. Synchronicities are abundant.

Oh and don't knock Paganism. It's way better than Christianity. The only reason why it's thought of a "heretic" religion is because all the books..and followers...were burnt by the Christian Kings back in the day. I could go on and on. (I'm not a Paganist or anything..but yeah..) Anyone want to discuss religion with me feel free to I/M me on AIM. I'm done spewing un-tool related stuff on here.
Old 05-12-2006, 05:05 PM   #38

Quote:
I'm talking about the very Days Christ was supposedly born/died. Synchronicities are abundant.

Oh and don't knock Paganism. It's way better than Christianity. The only reason why it's thought of a "heretic" religion is because all the books..and followers...were burnt by the Christian Kings back in the day. I could go on and on. (I'm not a Paganist or anything..but yeah..) Anyone want to discuss religion with me feel free to I/M me on AIM. I'm done spewing un-tool related stuff on here.
05-12-2006, 05:08 PM

Quote:
I have to tell you though, to think Chirst's teachings are valid without believing in the Holy Trinity is a futile venture.
Why? I believe in love your brother as you love your self. I believe that the kingdom of god lies within... etc. However, I don't believe that Jesus is the "only begotten son of God." Jesus is not alone in his divinity, You and I are the Suns of God. I don't believe that God is something seperate from creation. I don't believe that we ever left the Garden of Eden. It is our perception that we are seperate from God that leads us to believe we were Banished from the Garden of Eden. This is Eden. I don't believe that Heaven, or Hell is place we go when we die. Both places are right here and now. If you perceive your life is miserable, you are in Hell. If you believe your life is grand, you are in Heaven. Life is what you make it. It is all perception. I believe in the teachings of Jesus, but I don't believe in the Dogma of christianity. I could go on and on, but THAT would be futile.
Old 05-12-2006, 05:08 PM   #39

Quote:
I have to tell you though, to think Chirst's teachings are valid without believing in the Holy Trinity is a futile venture.
Why? I believe in love your brother as you love your self. I believe that the kingdom of god lies within... etc. However, I don't believe that Jesus is the "only begotten son of God." Jesus is not alone in his divinity, You and I are the Suns of God. I don't believe that God is something seperate from creation. I don't believe that we ever left the Garden of Eden. It is our perception that we are seperate from God that leads us to believe we were Banished from the Garden of Eden. This is Eden. I don't believe that Heaven, or Hell is place we go when we die. Both places are right here and now. If you perceive your life is miserable, you are in Hell. If you believe your life is grand, you are in Heaven. Life is what you make it. It is all perception. I believe in the teachings of Jesus, but I don't believe in the Dogma of christianity. I could go on and on, but THAT would be futile.
05-12-2006, 05:09 PM

religeon=culture=location
Old 05-12-2006, 05:09 PM   #40

religeon=culture=location

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread