opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Live » Concert Reviews: May-July 2006
User Name
Password
Old 05-04-2006, 09:21 AM   #41
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/05/02 - Seattle, WA - Paramount Theatre

"For all you people who bought tickets off ebay or scalpers, good luck paying your loans off, You should go out and buy the new album, its good, I already downloaded it. Tools are cocksuckers. This next song is called tools are cocksuckers" - then they went into schism.

I am sorry to correct you on this but they did not play schism after this quote, they played jambi, and i am 100 percent positive on this...
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-04-2006, 09:32 AM   #42
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Wenzel
I remember him saying if you "Had" gotten them from scalpers, you should go and buy the album... in regards to downlaoding

Yeah, I know he said "Had" but the meaning I took from it, was that he still wanted people who had spent a buttload of $ on tickets to find a way to buy the album, must that people who hadn't gotten them from ebay/scalpers should have no excuse for not buying it. Just my interpretation. I had forgotten the comment about loans though. That was funny.
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-04-2006, 12:36 PM   #43
Level 2 - Poster

i have a recording of this concert... il get you an exact quote after work
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-04-2006, 12:38 PM   #44
Level 4 - Thinker

This was my favorite Tool show of the six I've been to. Had floor seats the last time they played the Paramount and I actually like the Mezzanine seating that I had this time better. This was the best sounding show that I've been to. I was very happy that they played Rosetta Stoned-I wasn't expecting it. A couple of people sitting around me asked if I had payed big money for the seats, but I was extremely lucky that I got a pair through the phone. There were some empty seats around us which suprised me a little. I thought the band sounded extremely good. Pretty amazing to see the number of effects that they all use-Adam had a large bank in front of him, Justin had a bank in front of him, Maynard had some petals up on his platform in addition to his megaphone, Danny had some kind of keyboard/pad? that he used. I really liked the band playing along with their music videos. I will go on record to say that Danny Carrey is one of the most down to earth, geniunely friendly and gracious guys that I've ever met. Truely loves what he does and appreciates having the opportunity to do it. Sounds like there will be some bigger and badder visual stuff for the arena tour. I have a feeling that we will be listening to Tool for a long time to come.
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-04-2006, 01:30 PM   #45
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgardjr
Danny had some kind of keyboard/pad? that he used.

Ya I was checking that out, it looked pretty cool, think its to go with the new drumset type hes using? His drumset is definately pretty awesome looking.
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-04-2006, 03:18 PM   #46
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 7

What Maynard really said about the scalpers and eBay sellers wasn't what was posted by likemusicdontsuktoolkok. He called Tool a bunch of cocksuckers because he said that he didn't buy the new CD and downloaded it instead. It was just a joke and directed inwardly.

I have to admit, I didn't really make out what he said when I was at the show but I heard the bootleg and I was able to hear it clearly. This is a transcript:

"Those of you who bought these tickets on eBay or paid scalpers: when you're done paying off those loans shoud run out and buy it, it's pretty good. It's a pretty good record. I already have it; I downloaded it so I'm not going to buy it. You can go ahead and call us cocksuckers now if you want. This song's called 'Tools 'n cocksuckers.'"

Then they go into "Jambi." I'm actually not sure if he said "Tool's cocksuckers" or "Tools and cocksuckers." Anyway, that's what he said.
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-04-2006, 04:04 PM   #47
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 17

He said Seattle was intimidating because it's basically the city that made them popular. "It's where everything blew up for us".
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-04-2006, 05:31 PM   #48
Level 1 - Lurker

During Aenima, I could have sworn I heard Maynard say, "Fret for your Wendy's."

And what Maynard said was, "...For those of you who bought your tickets on eBay or [got them from a scalper(?)], once you're done paying off your loans, you should go pick up our album. I already got it. I downloaded it. You can go ahead and call us cocksuckers now."

And then he introduced the next song as, "Tool are cocksuckers."

*EDIT* Go two posts above mine for the exact text.

Last edited by KresentPhresh; 05-04-2006 at 05:39 PM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-04-2006, 06:44 PM   #49

Bincount™: 28

I was totally there. He said "hairpiece" when you thought he said "Wendy's". But that's funny as shit that you thought he said that. ain't nothin wrong with that son.
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-04-2006, 08:10 PM   #50
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnolia
He said Seattle was intimidating because it's basically the city that made them popular. "It's where everything blew up for us".
I thought he said it was intimidating because "this is where it all began...I mean, Starbucks, that is", or something like that.
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-04-2006, 08:23 PM   #51
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by melvintillius
I thought he said it was intimidating because "this is where it all began...I mean, Starbucks, that is", or something like that.
You are correct-typical Maynard humor. Sets up the crowd thinking that he's giving them a compliment and shuts them down. For those that haven't seen Tool live in the past or watched interviews Maynard has a very dry and sarcastic sense of humor. Take most of what he says with a grain of salt-he's not really insulting you just the way the man operates. I've read quite a few posts from people who don't appreciate the Maynard treatment, but I've always thought that he's hilarious. The same guy that in two consecutive shows I saw came out in drag the first night and as the reverend the second.
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-05-2006, 06:16 PM   #52
Level 2 - Poster

"The new album came out today. Those of you who bought these tickets on ebay, or paid scalpers, when your done paying off those loans you should run out and buy it, it's pretty good, its a pretty good record. I already have it. I downloaded it ...so (dunno what he said). You can go out and call the cops on us. This song is called.. Tool's Cocksuckers"
Exact from the bootleg
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-07-2006, 11:40 PM   #53

I wish they played Lipan Conjuring live at the Paramount... That must sound cool live
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-09-2006, 12:22 PM   #54
Level 1 - Lurker

5 hour drive to Seattle, 8 hours in lineup at willcall window=$66.66 8th row ticket=One of the most amazing concerts ever. This concert was the only way to kick off a summer after two semesters of University, and to make it more I was able to meet Danny, Adam and Justin after the show (Maynard probally took a van out of the Paramount right when the show was finished).
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-11-2006, 12:01 PM   #55
Level 1 - Lurker

The much talked about comment: "Sorry we haven't been more talkative. When we come to Seattle, it's intimidating. I mean, this is pretty much ground zero for everything that happened. Of course I mean Starbucks, the coffee..."

Everyone booed.

"But apparently it fostered some kind of music scene. I think it's called...uh... munge or something. I'm not very good at spelling, and I can't read. So you have that going for you."

The irony of the booing is that a lot of people in Seattle (not the older, business-oriented crowd, or the soccer moms at that, which is likely not the crowd at a TOOL concert) have switched to drinking small business/free trade coffee. That's what initiated my chuckle toward the Starbucks comment. I've done the best I can to block out what's really intimidating about Starbucks; its presence on every downtown block.
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-12-2006, 07:45 AM   #56
Level 1 - Lurker

My second TooL show. I saw em back in 2002 in Richmond, VA. It amazes me the attention to detail some people have when recalling there experience at the show. I think I grasped most of what was there in the show to grasp, but some of the accounts of minor mess ups and other detailed descriptions don't ring a bell at all, It almost seems like you have to learn to be a fully aware TooL fan! Nonetheless, I loved every second of it and I was a bit fearfull that my face might just melt off throughout the show. The only negative experience I had was this little Pip Squeak security rent-a-toolbag kid. Aenima had finished about 2 minutes earlier and a bunch of us were kind of milling around in hopes of a triumphant encore (sadly the experience seemed to end so amazingly quick) my friend went downstairs to the nearest john and I told him I would wait near our seats and if no encore by the time he returned then off we'd go to the nearest pub. In the mean time a couple of the guards began clearing out the hopeful stragglers. Most reluctantly made their way down with a slight bit of grumbling. When I was approached I told the little man about my friend and my temporary need to remain in place so as not to lose him for good. He was not only appethetic he assured me that security was not allowing people to come up the stairs, but to only go down. Almost as the last syllable rolled off the guards tongue my friend came mosying up the stairs. A bit irritated by the guards arrogant bullying attitude I said "well here's my friend now, he must be magic." At this comment the guard said, " you're awfully mouthy there for no reason son." I informed him that I had every right to be "mouthy". At this comment he looked around for backup and proceeded to suggest that we should fight about the issue and see who would be mouthy afterward, (I seem to have little men challenge me everywhere I go, bieng 6'2 240, they all seem to have something to prove) he tried to order me to stay where I was at, I just gave him a big thumbs up and told him he should commit suicide. Any way, sorry about the long post. If anyone else had run-ins with those douchebags let me know, I really want to hear about it. All the security guards at the venues in this town, and most of the employees for that matter seem so hostile. It really puts a negative spin on the experience.
OFFLINE |  

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: