opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Ænima
User Name
Password
Old 04-09-2007, 08:57 PM   #81
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 42
Re: AEnima is STILL Tool's best album

I still have hope for the 10KD packaging, in time, I think it's secrets will open up. But it's genius is beyond me right now.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 12:38 PM   #82
well if I know Dracula, he loves SLUTS

Bincount™: 7555

aenima is in a league of its own... every time i listen i find something new and exciting within the record. i swear man sometimes it feels to me like Tool's music is a living, breathing thing. very hard for me to put it in words, but Tool definitely has a special way with creating sounds that manipulate human thought and emotion. almost like they have figured out the "language" that is music and are telling us "hey, look what we can do!"... i would definitely agree that aenima their best album.
Old 04-10-2007, 12:47 PM   #83
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 261

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_milkman View Post
aenima is in a league of its own... every time i listen i find something new and exciting within the record. i swear man sometimes it feels to me like Tool's music is a living, breathing thing. very hard for me to put it in words, but Tool definitely has a special way with creating sounds that manipulate human thought and emotion. almost like they have figured out the "language" that is music and are telling us "hey, look what we can do!"... i would definitely agree that aenima their best album.
I think you put that into words perfectly.
I agree that it's their best album, if only for the perfect execution of capturing emotions they want to emphasize. It's their most accessible in my opinion, yet without being overly blatant about it or losing meaning in the process.
Old 04-24-2007, 02:39 PM   #84
Banned.

Bincount™: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by trixie View Post
Everyone's got an opinion so, here's mine.

Opiate and Undertow are the "Friends you can count on" Never dissapoint.

AEnima was the cd I didn't take out of the changer for 7 years. AEnima is the cd I had to replace because I listened to it too much. Its the cd that you consistantly hear something different and NEVER gets old. Its the cd that is so perfect that you could give 2 shits about production. Aenima was the cd that covers every emotion and really, every drug out there. AEnima was the cd that changed my life. Damn.

Lateralus= the first thing I said about Lateralus was that "it was no Aenima" Its their happy cd. Maynard isn't as pissed off cd. Don't get me wrong, I dig it and in fact, listened to it all last night on a road trip. Its just no AEnima.

10K days= They've matured and I really can't help but dig what they do. I miss the blue man days yes. I miss the naked people dangling from the ceiling. I miss some of the old songs. But, I really like where they are going. I haven't listened to 10k days enough to be in love with it but, love really does take time and with TooL, it always happens.

I AM WITH YOU TRIXIE 100%

for all you aenima maniacs out there here is my loving tip

try and find bootlegs from the aenima tour 1996-98

the songs there are even better than the studio covers

recommended bootlegs

vancouver,canda 25.10.96
mesa, arizona 01.11.96
dallas,texas 07.11.96
chicago,ilinois 14.11.96
new york,ny 22.11.96
philadelphia,pa 23.11.96
los angeles 19.12.96

paris,france 14.02.97
new york,ny 01.03.97
sydney,australia 11.04.97

akron,ohio 14.07.98
kalamazoo,michigan 15.07.98
Old 05-04-2007, 02:27 PM   #85
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0

while I'm in love with everything Tool has done, Aenima is EASILY their best...one of the greatest albums ever...every song is in its right place and they're pieced together perfectly with the interludes and there isn't a single song that isn't superb...Lateralus really gets bogged down in its theatrics too much...it's way too self-consciously artsy and I think it lacks the substance and creativity of Aenima and 10,000 Days in some parts...most of the songs aren't memorable...Parabola is a pretty lackluster song by Tool's standards and The Patient, Lateralus, Ticks and Leeches (while I love those songs) are sort of subpar for Tool i think...The Grudge, however, is one of the best songs they've ever written and Disposition/Reflection/Triad is amazing...I feel like 10,000 Days is the album I expected them to make when they made Lateralus cuz that's what I knew they were capable of...and Lateralus was slightly disappointing to me because as much as I loved it, I knew Tool was capable of much more.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: