opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Live » Live Discussion
User Name
Password
Closed Thread
Old 04-17-2006, 08:44 AM   #1
meh.

Bincount™: 1074
2006/05/16 - Toronto, CAN - Hummingbird Centre

Tool
Hummingbird Centre for the Performing Arts, Toronto, ON
Tue, May 16, 2006 08:00 PM
Old 04-17-2006, 06:08 PM   #2
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/05/16 - Toronto, CAN - Hummingbird Centre

any one from buffalo area going, hit me up
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-17-2006, 08:35 PM   #3

Bincount™: 9

i better be able to get tickets to this thing...
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-17-2006, 11:01 PM   #4
Level 7 - Loquacious

3,200 seats - That's all folks!

"There's ppl who defend your borders, There's ppl who work on your plumbing, but the ppl who make your life worth living are the ppl who celebrate the freedom 2 b able 2 express yourself and have enjoyment of song and dance" - MJK
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-18-2006, 04:22 AM   #5
jdp
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Anyone go for that Circle of Friends membership? an additional $60 is pretty steep unless you are splitting the cost with others.
Old 04-18-2006, 04:30 AM   #6
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 862

crossing my fingers, hopfully see you guys there
Mondays - Thursdays 11:30pm
If Not??.....You're A Coward

Member Of The Colbert Nation Covenant.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-18-2006, 05:43 AM   #7
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 8

I got the circle jerk of friends, splitting cost with as many tickets as I can get my hands on. Has anyone figured out how it works yet, all i have received is a conformation number, but i think we will need a password when we buy tickets.
Old 04-18-2006, 05:44 AM   #8
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 50

I just signed up for my COF account, and got a password. But, when I try to sign in on their site, it says it's not valid. It probably takes a little time to kick in, but did anyone have similar experience?

$60 is basically extortion, but I can't miss this show so I'll take any advantage I can get...

edit - sleaz: see if you can sign in here: http://www.hummingbirdcentre.com/cgi-bin/member.cgi
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-18-2006, 05:49 AM   #9
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoon
edit - sleaz: see if you can sign in here: http://www.hummingbirdcentre.com/cgi-bin/member.cgi
Nope, but all i had to try and login with was my conformation number, i dont think its my password. Im gonna call them up in a few minutes and see what i can squeeze from the stone.
Old 04-18-2006, 05:54 AM   #10
Level 9 - Obstreperous

sleaz1 - nice, I'm waiting for an e-mail reply (doing e-mail tag with them right now) - let's both post whatever we find out and good luck getting tix tomorrow brother.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-18-2006, 05:59 AM   #11
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Just thought I'd post that ticketmaster states that the first row of seating is AA, which makes me think that the Orchestra Pit will be open for this show.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-18-2006, 06:05 AM   #12
Level 7 - Loquacious

In the other thread 'Toronto show' (from the now closed Forum) Calabi-Yau said that the COF staff told him - 'You have a confirmation number that is good for the Wednesday Pre-Sale. You might want to ask about this again, but she told me that the "circle of friends" package takes a week or more, but the number is good for internet pre-sales imidiately.'

This from *see*you*auntie* - 'I spoke to two different people and they both confirmed that the membership is automatic. Your confirmation number is all you need to enter the presale.'

- The personal account confirmation number is activated immediately, it's good for the Wednesday Pre-sale

I can imagine that there are a lot of U.S TOOL (Army) fans just a little miffed about the Canadian date getting a Pre-Sale

"There's ppl who defend your borders, There's ppl who work on your plumbing, but the ppl who make your life worth living are the ppl who celebrate the freedom 2 b able 2 express yourself and have enjoyment of song and dance" - MJK
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-18-2006, 06:09 AM   #13
Level 7 - Loquacious

Spoon - It also states that 'most shows don't use rows AA-CC in the Orchestra Pit

probably too close for most bands, you could probably help adam pick his chords, change his EFX

OFFLINE |  
Old 04-18-2006, 06:12 AM   #14
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Hey Sith,

Ticketmaster tool toronto page says that AA is the first row - to be in the orchestra pit would be ridiculously close! I'm pretty sure I can confirm what you've said based on my e-mails and phone conversations - the number you are given is the password to the presale.

So how about it? Let's tally how many navy members here are accessing the pre-sale.
1. me.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-18-2006, 06:44 AM   #15
Level 7 - Loquacious

I find it amusing that the two shows at the Hummingbird that book-end the TOOL show are 'Sesame Street Live! Elmo's Colouring book' and Dora the Explorer Live! The Pirate Adventure (LOL!)

OFFLINE |  
Old 04-18-2006, 07:24 AM   #16
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 2

Must. Get. Tickets. Tool will tear that place down
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-18-2006, 07:28 AM   #17
Level 9 - Obstreperous

I'm hoping that the limit is more than two, $30 increase per ticket just for presale would be steep, but god dammit i just don't care :)
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-18-2006, 07:36 AM   #18

Bincount™: 9

Isn't the limit 8 tickets?
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-18-2006, 07:37 AM   #19
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

My friend told me the limit is two tickets (he called someone up at hummingbird), and you use the conformation number they give you on ticketmaster

So ya an extra 30 bones for the ticket each, but i think its the only way your gonna get one. Scalpers are gonna eat this up.
Old 04-18-2006, 07:42 AM   #20
Level 7 - Loquacious

*see*you*auntie (who was a COF member before the rest of us) states that there is an 8 ticket limit

- Don't imagine there's a bad seat in the place, I'm thinkin' the more you purchase together at once (and I'm bettin' you'll only get one chance) the worse they'll be

- I know someone who got their COF membership this morning, they were told by staff (If they have a clue) that it's (alledgedly) an 8 ticket limit for the Wednesday Pre-Sale (he says in covering his ass)

Last edited by Capt. Sith Park; 04-18-2006 at 07:54 AM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-18-2006, 07:53 AM   #21
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Sith Park
*see*you*auntie (who was a COF member before the rest of us) states that there is an 8 ticket limit

- Don't imagine there's a bad seat in the place, I'm thinkin' the more you purchase together at once (and I'm bettin' you'll only get one chance) the worse they'll be
Well im just going off what my friend told me. He called the marketing director or someone with a similar sounding title and thats what they told him. I guess we will find out soon enough.
Old 04-18-2006, 07:57 AM   #22
Level 7 - Loquacious

sleaz1 - agreed, The way things work (in this day and age of communication) anything can happen. Fingers are crossed

OFFLINE |  
Old 04-18-2006, 07:59 AM   #23
Level 9 - Obstreperous

How are you guys feeling about tomorrow morning? Do you think it's going to be a mad rush, 1 shot deal? I mean, they have to save some seats for the public sale, and I also agree that there won't be a bad seat in the place, but I wonder how many people forked over the extra 60 bones to get in tomorrow...
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-18-2006, 08:08 AM   #24
Level 9 - Obstreperous

my predictions - 2 ticket limit and you can only pick them up at the box office (prevents scalping, to a degree)
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-18-2006, 08:10 AM   #25
Level 7 - Loquacious

o.k here - 3,200 seats in the venue - that's all folks

3200 tickets, minus the number-(x) is reserved for radio station contests (?), alotment for Saturday's Ticketmaster regular sale (?) Etc. (No idea what (x) would be)

3200 tickets, Let's say all Pre-Salers are lookin' at 8 tickets, divide = 400 people

half 1600, divide = 200

the math is simple (Goodluck!)

OFFLINE |  
Old 04-18-2006, 08:15 AM   #26
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 174

I know everyone is probably making these offers to those who have joined Circle of Friends....I'm not going to try for the pre-sale, but if there is an 8 ticket limit, if someone grabs an extra ticket, I'll pay $100 for it (face value + to basically pitch in for the cost of your c.o.f. membership).

Tool fans should band together for this one...in reality, we are the real fans...not the rich kids who barely realize this show is happening and will sit on their ass and pay $400 from a scalper.

Obviously nice seats would be great, but fuck...if I can get a ticket for this from someone who pre-ordered, I'll sit with anyone from tdn, anywhere in Hummingbird for $100. If you can get two extra tickets, even better.

So yeah...if anyone grabs extra tickets during the pre-sale, please please please PM me, otherwise I'm going to try with the rest of the ravenous tool fans during the regular on-sale.

Last edited by sianspheric; 04-18-2006 at 08:17 AM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-18-2006, 08:18 AM   #27
Level 7 - Loquacious

If you check out the threads for the other US dates in this Forum - They appear to be working as teams in order to get tickets (Ticket Co-Op's in order to have everyone get optimum seating) good plan!

OFFLINE |  
Old 04-18-2006, 08:23 AM   #28

Bincount™: 1

does anyone wanna split the cost for a circle of friends membership?? i really wanna try and get tickets tommorrow.. friday is gonna be crazy..

so if you sign up today can you buy the pre-sale ones tommorrow FOR SURE?? i called them and they didnt call back yet..
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-18-2006, 08:24 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by sianspheric
I know everyone is probably making these offers to those who have joined Circle of Friends....I'm not going to try for the pre-sale, but if there is an 8 ticket limit, if someone grabs an extra ticket, I'll pay $100 for it (face value + to basically pitch in for the cost of your c.o.f. membership).

Tool fans should band together for this one...in reality, we are the real fans...not the rich kids who barely realize this show is happening and will sit on their ass and pay $400 from a scalper.

Obviously nice seats would be great, but fuck...if I can get a ticket for this from someone who pre-ordered, I'll sit with anyone from tdn, anywhere in Hummingbird for $100. If you can get two extra tickets, even better.

So yeah...if anyone grabs extra tickets during the pre-sale, please please please PM me, otherwise I'm going to try with the rest of the ravenous tool fans during the regular on-sale.
yea thats great!! if anyone gets any extras PLEASE let me know!!
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-18-2006, 08:26 AM   #30
Level 9 - Obstreperous

I know that some people report that the max will be 8 tickets but i just don't see that happening. I mean, usually for arena shows there's a limit of like 6. Throw in the fact that this will be a small show, and its a presale, im thinking 2, maybe 4 will be available to each circle jerk.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-18-2006, 08:26 AM   #31
Level 3 - Talker

how good will this show be?

All seating...no standing room? what the hell is with that.
When I saw tool in syracuse they set up chairs in the general admission section. It was absolutely ridiculous. This type of a setup for a rock show totally changes the energy and relation between audience/band. I hate to say it, but I'm not sure this will be the best show to see them at. I think i'll hold out till they come back to TO and get some general admission tickets so i can stand, dance, move about, drink, etc.
does anyone else think this is a strange venue for tool? there's way better places in toronto.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-18-2006, 08:31 AM   #32
Level 9 - Obstreperous

toller - you're missing the point. This is not a big tour for Tool, this is a warmup for them, and a treat for their fans who are lucky enough to get tickets.

Personally, I always like smaller venues. I've seen arena rock shows and smaller rock shows and I prefer the latter. Seats or no seats, who cares, I'm not looking forward to moshing to stinkfist - I'm looking forward to an intimate experience, of being up close and personal with the band (regardless of seat). I think this atmosphere will make it a more intimate and spiritual experience, and I think Tool can pull it off no problem.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-18-2006, 08:42 AM   #33

so are most of you waiting till friday? or trying tomorrow... i dont know what to do.. is it worth it to sign up for the circle of friends?
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-18-2006, 08:51 AM   #34
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Can anyone who signed up for COF in the last day or two actually log-in on that link posted above?

I sure can't... where the hell do I get a password?
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-18-2006, 08:54 AM   #35
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Maken - you should have gotten some kind of password/code over the phone, that's what you'll need to put in to get the presale access.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-18-2006, 09:35 AM   #36
Level 3 - Talker

I'm not really interested in moshing to stinkfist either, and I know that this is not a big tour. I've been to a seated tool show and it really wasn't the same - or as good - as the other times i have seen them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoon
toller - you're missing the point. This is not a big tour for Tool, this is a warmup for them, and a treat for their fans who are lucky enough to get tickets.

Personally, I always like smaller venues. I've seen arena rock shows and smaller rock shows and I prefer the latter. Seats or no seats, who cares, I'm not looking forward to moshing to stinkfist - I'm looking forward to an intimate experience, of being up close and personal with the band (regardless of seat). I think this atmosphere will make it a more intimate and spiritual experience, and I think Tool can pull it off no problem.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-18-2006, 09:36 AM   #37
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 174

Honestly...

I'm fucking so excited at the possibility of a seated venue. Hummingbird Centre is used for plays and opera and things....ie, the venue has incredible sound. I've always more wanted to see the band, see the stage, the screens and enjoy the music rather than do some homoerotic grinding into topless douchebags sceaming "sooober". This show is a dream come true for the people that love their live show being just about the music and the art and perfect sound rather than the....moshing and big cavernous hockey arenas.

My point about circle of friends is that, best case scenerio for you guys...if your passes work, and there is anything more than a 2 ticket limit, and you have room on your credit cards.....get the extra tickets. I'm positive there will be more than enough really ridiculously appreciate and happy people, many on this board, that will be glad to get the extra tickets off you. So good luck Cirlce-Of-Frienders, if anybody gets something extra, please PM me, I'll definitely grab a ticket or two, and extra cash for part of the membership, I'm not some fairweather fan or a scalper, I'm another hardcore fan like you (one that cannot use his girlfriends credit card too much to buy the c.o.f. thing too)
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-18-2006, 09:55 AM   #38
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleaz1
My friend told me the limit is two tickets (he called someone up at hummingbird), and you use the conformation number they give you on ticketmaster

So ya an extra 30 bones for the ticket each, but i think its the only way your gonna get one. Scalpers are gonna eat this up.
That is correct....I did not get the circle of friends membership because I need 6 tickets for me and my friends. They will only let you buy 2 tickets. We would have to get 3 circle of friends memberships which would cost $180 before we even buy the tickets. And then when we do buy them on Wednesday there would be three sets of 2 tickets in different rows/sections. It just won't work.

I heard that there might be a 2 ticket limit for friday's public sale too. If anyone has any more information about this situation please post. Thanks.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-18-2006, 10:06 AM   #39
Level 9 - Obstreperous

You can be sure people (including myself) will be posting at 10:05am tomorrow after they have gotten/failed to get tickets.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-18-2006, 10:10 AM   #40
Smokes poutine every day

Bincount™: 6367

30 bucks is a pretty good sacrifice for a chance to see TOOL in a 3200 seat venue

i'm sure u guys spend more than that on night out at the bar
OFFLINE |  

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: