46 and 2
Schism (ext.)
Lost Keys/Rosetta Stoned
Flood
Wings for Marie/10,000 Days
Lateralus (w/ Banana Melt)
Vicarious
DO NOT POST IF YOU WERE NOT AT THE SHOW

If you have a review of the show, post it. Back and forth bitching at each other will be deleted along with everything else that is not a show review.

Any other questions? Look here.

Last edited by paraflux; 06-13-2007 at 09:29 PM..
Old 04-27-2007, 10:32 AM   #1
Banned.

Bincount™: 9070
2007/06/13 - Winston-Salem, NC - Joel Lawrence Coliseum

Jambi
Stinkfist (ext.)
46 and 2
Schism (ext.)
Lost Keys/Rosetta Stoned
Flood
Vicarious
DO NOT POST IF YOU WERE NOT AT THE SHOW

If you have a review of the show, post it. Back and forth bitching at each other will be deleted along with everything else that is not a show review.

Any other questions? Look here.

Last edited by paraflux; 06-13-2007 at 09:29 PM..
OFFLINE |  
iminsideurmind's Avatar iminsideurmind
06-13-2007, 07:51 PM

Im still yelping HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!! Best show I have seen in my entire life! Everything was amazing the band was on like a mother fucker. The lights blew my mind. I am about to start a new job so no mind altering substances for me...except TOOL! Does that show up in a drug test? Prolly not. I was literally high off of Stinkfist the sound was so incredible i still cant believe it. My seats were second level on Adams side like straight in front of him just fucking stunning! Maynard was fairly talkative He thanked us for coming out some Hey winston salem. Before Vicarious he told us how hard the songs were the complexity like the other shows where he said similiar..i think he added how much he appreciated no flashes and how much easier that made it and he thanked us very,very,very much which hit home that he meant it.
Setlist
Jambi....nice opener
Stinkfist....fucking awesome i thought the stands would collapse
46&2 Awesome
Schism Great
Rosetta Stoned....actually translated live very nicely i was surprised idk y?
Intermission
FLOOD...excellent oh well no PUSHIT but none the less loved it
WINGS 1&2 Absolutely Mind blowing....I cried ...I love you Grandma!
Lateralus...words dont describe
Vicarious....no Viiiiiiiicariiiiiiioussslyyyyyyyyyy....but hey cant get it all

I think that was all of it. Ill be corrected if i missed something. By far the best show in my life I couldnt stop myself from trembling. Ill elaborate further if i think of anything.
Thank You TOOL for such glorious inspiration in life you have truly touched me once again!!!

Spiral Out.
Old 06-13-2007, 07:51 PM   #2
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/06/13 - Winston-Salem, NC - Joel Lawrence Coliseum

Im still yelping HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!! Best show I have seen in my entire life! Everything was amazing the band was on like a mother fucker. The lights blew my mind. I am about to start a new job so no mind altering substances for me...except TOOL! Does that show up in a drug test? Prolly not. I was literally high off of Stinkfist the sound was so incredible i still cant believe it. My seats were second level on Adams side like straight in front of him just fucking stunning! Maynard was fairly talkative He thanked us for coming out some Hey winston salem. Before Vicarious he told us how hard the songs were the complexity like the other shows where he said similiar..i think he added how much he appreciated no flashes and how much easier that made it and he thanked us very,very,very much which hit home that he meant it.
Setlist
Jambi....nice opener
Stinkfist....fucking awesome i thought the stands would collapse
46&2 Awesome
Schism Great
Rosetta Stoned....actually translated live very nicely i was surprised idk y?
Intermission
FLOOD...excellent oh well no PUSHIT but none the less loved it
WINGS 1&2 Absolutely Mind blowing....I cried ...I love you Grandma!
Lateralus...words dont describe
Vicarious....no Viiiiiiiicariiiiiiioussslyyyyyyyyyy....but hey cant get it all

I think that was all of it. Ill be corrected if i missed something. By far the best show in my life I couldnt stop myself from trembling. Ill elaborate further if i think of anything.
Thank You TOOL for such glorious inspiration in life you have truly touched me once again!!!

Spiral Out.
06-13-2007, 07:54 PM

Setlist:

Jambi
Stinkfist (ext.)
46 and 2
Schism (ext.)
Lost Keys/Rosetta Stoned
Flood
Vicarious

Pretty sure that's right, may be wrong on a few of them. Incredible show, Tool never disappoints. Flood was definitely the highlight for me, great to hear them bring back an older song. Maynard was pretty talkative tonight, really thanked the crowd for everything especially not taking flash photos.

P.S. Did anybody else hear the opening to Prison Sex right before Lateralus? Really thought they were gonna bust into that.
Old 06-13-2007, 07:54 PM   #3
Level 2 - Poster

Setlist:

Jambi
Stinkfist (ext.)
46 and 2
Schism (ext.)
Lost Keys/Rosetta Stoned
Flood
Vicarious

Pretty sure that's right, may be wrong on a few of them. Incredible show, Tool never disappoints. Flood was definitely the highlight for me, great to hear them bring back an older song. Maynard was pretty talkative tonight, really thanked the crowd for everything especially not taking flash photos.

P.S. Did anybody else hear the opening to Prison Sex right before Lateralus? Really thought they were gonna bust into that.
OFFLINE |  
EvilBob
06-13-2007, 08:06 PM

Awesome show!! The band was spot on and Maynard was pretty talkative: "would you like to share with the class?"
Old 06-13-2007, 08:06 PM   #4
Level 1 - Lurker

Awesome show!! The band was spot on and Maynard was pretty talkative: "would you like to share with the class?"
OFFLINE |  
Illusion999
06-13-2007, 08:21 PM

Well, I just had my "Tool in concert" cherry popped. Can't wait to do it again.

Anyway, just fucking amazing. I would of been satisfied and felt I had gotten my moneys worth if the concert was over after Stinkfist. 10,000 Days was by far the best in my opinion. The lights were fucking spot on. Good have done without the stupid bitch and the stupid asshole in my section (231) yelling back and forth at each other right before (I think) 10,000 days.

Could have also done without Melt Banana. Haha.

Also, who was the guest drummer? That was another low point for me. I thought he kind of sucked.
Old 06-13-2007, 08:21 PM   #5
Level 3 - Talker

Well, I just had my "Tool in concert" cherry popped. Can't wait to do it again.

Anyway, just fucking amazing. I would of been satisfied and felt I had gotten my moneys worth if the concert was over after Stinkfist. 10,000 Days was by far the best in my opinion. The lights were fucking spot on. Good have done without the stupid bitch and the stupid asshole in my section (231) yelling back and forth at each other right before (I think) 10,000 days.

Could have also done without Melt Banana. Haha.

Also, who was the guest drummer? That was another low point for me. I thought he kind of sucked.
OFFLINE |  
iminsideurmind's Avatar iminsideurmind
06-13-2007, 08:24 PM

The guy from melt bananna...and damn they killed my fucking ears....i tried to like them!
Old 06-13-2007, 08:24 PM   #6
Level 4 - Thinker

The guy from melt bananna...and damn they killed my fucking ears....i tried to like them!
06-13-2007, 08:24 PM

Absolutely mind-blowing show. Truthfully, I wasn't too excited about the setlists I had been reading about, but it turned out amazing. Jambi as an opener was so powerful it was emotional. The band, as always, was right on, except for a few problems with Adam's rig losing power early in the show.

The Melt-Banana drummer, although competent, was nowhere near the same league as Danny and thus was a little overshadowed during Lateralus. Nonetheless, the extended portion was beautiful. And Flood! I got to hear Flood live!

The crowd was well behaved and seemed to be full of true Tool fans- no moshing, just enjoying the feeling and letting the music move them.

I am speechless. Thanks Tool!
Old 06-13-2007, 08:24 PM   #7
On Probation

Bincount™: 1

Absolutely mind-blowing show. Truthfully, I wasn't too excited about the setlists I had been reading about, but it turned out amazing. Jambi as an opener was so powerful it was emotional. The band, as always, was right on, except for a few problems with Adam's rig losing power early in the show.

The Melt-Banana drummer, although competent, was nowhere near the same league as Danny and thus was a little overshadowed during Lateralus. Nonetheless, the extended portion was beautiful. And Flood! I got to hear Flood live!

The crowd was well behaved and seemed to be full of true Tool fans- no moshing, just enjoying the feeling and letting the music move them.

I am speechless. Thanks Tool!
OFFLINE |  
Drunken
06-13-2007, 09:23 PM

Overall very good show. The band was spot-on, the visuals where entrancing and the crowd was on their best behavior. From where I was sitting, the sound wasn't all that bad, but could have been a little better, but it didn't take away much from the experience.

Melt-Banana went right over everyone's head, as I knew they would. People cheered out of respect but I had people all around me wonder what the fuck was going on. I enjoyed them though. I'd like to see them in a smaller venue sometime.

Set-up was prompt and the band was out and playing with only one small technical difficulty (Adam having minor trouble with his rig) about 25 mins later. Jambi kicked in with fire on screen blazing and the crowd roaring. Worked well as an opener.

Stinkfist, Forty-six and Two, Schism and Rosetta Stoned went over very well and I found myself having loads of fun to all of them. The first two verses of Rosetta could be worked on a little bit live because the vocals got ahead of the music a bit, but I know it would be hard recreating that exactly right live.

Flood was a show stopper. I really wasn't expecting to hear it because they played it in Greenville, but I was pleasantly surprised when I heard that brooding bassline kick in. BUT, for a split second I thought we where about to hear H. I think Justin did that on purpose.

There was a quick intermission with Justin queing everyone to hold up their lighters and had everyone there with one holding theirs up. Wings/10kd was next. I'm not the biggest fan of this song on the album, but with the lightshow and the crowd, I found myself entranced by it just as much as everyone else.

Lateralus. What else can be said? It was amazing and obviously the highlight of the night. I do wish they hadn't done the extended version. It was fun for a little while, but they drug it out a little bit, and Melt-Banana's drummer really did pale in comparison to Danny. Had it have been just Danny, it would've been much better. The guitarist for Melt-Banana on the other hand did pretty good with adding his own touch to it. Song kicked back in afterward and you could feel the overwhelming energy throughout the venue. Awesome.

A slight break where we all sang happy birthday to a girl they brought on stage (A friend of theirs I'm guessing?) and then maynard thanked us all for coming out, behaving and not using our flash cameras and then finished it up with Vicarious.

Great show, and I'll defniately see them next time, if there is one.

Last edited by Drunken; 06-13-2007 at 09:26 PM..
Old 06-13-2007, 09:23 PM   #8
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 974

Overall very good show. The band was spot-on, the visuals where entrancing and the crowd was on their best behavior. From where I was sitting, the sound wasn't all that bad, but could have been a little better, but it didn't take away much from the experience.

Melt-Banana went right over everyone's head, as I knew they would. People cheered out of respect but I had people all around me wonder what the fuck was going on. I enjoyed them though. I'd like to see them in a smaller venue sometime.

Set-up was prompt and the band was out and playing with only one small technical difficulty (Adam having minor trouble with his rig) about 25 mins later. Jambi kicked in with fire on screen blazing and the crowd roaring. Worked well as an opener.

Stinkfist, Forty-six and Two, Schism and Rosetta Stoned went over very well and I found myself having loads of fun to all of them. The first two verses of Rosetta could be worked on a little bit live because the vocals got ahead of the music a bit, but I know it would be hard recreating that exactly right live.

Flood was a show stopper. I really wasn't expecting to hear it because they played it in Greenville, but I was pleasantly surprised when I heard that brooding bassline kick in. BUT, for a split second I thought we where about to hear H. I think Justin did that on purpose.

There was a quick intermission with Justin queing everyone to hold up their lighters and had everyone there with one holding theirs up. Wings/10kd was next. I'm not the biggest fan of this song on the album, but with the lightshow and the crowd, I found myself entranced by it just as much as everyone else.

Lateralus. What else can be said? It was amazing and obviously the highlight of the night. I do wish they hadn't done the extended version. It was fun for a little while, but they drug it out a little bit, and Melt-Banana's drummer really did pale in comparison to Danny. Had it have been just Danny, it would've been much better. The guitarist for Melt-Banana on the other hand did pretty good with adding his own touch to it. Song kicked back in afterward and you could feel the overwhelming energy throughout the venue. Awesome.

A slight break where we all sang happy birthday to a girl they brought on stage (A friend of theirs I'm guessing?) and then maynard thanked us all for coming out, behaving and not using our flash cameras and then finished it up with Vicarious.

Great show, and I'll defniately see them next time, if there is one.

Last edited by Drunken; 06-13-2007 at 09:26 PM..
OFFLINE |  
PriceisRight's Avatar PriceisRight
06-13-2007, 09:28 PM

My first show...AMAZING.

The sights..the sounds...all perfect. GREAT MIX.

There was happy birthday. and maynard spoke alot!

HE EVEN THANKED US. It was like.

"thanks for not using flash cameras...it means alot to us."

see..being good does pay off.

So...in short...i'm in the afterglow...and i hope they come round agian.

Oh...and melt bannana rocked. Kinda reminded me of sonic youth.

Last edited by PriceisRight; 06-13-2007 at 09:29 PM.. Reason: additions
Old 06-13-2007, 09:28 PM   #9
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 2

My first show...AMAZING.

The sights..the sounds...all perfect. GREAT MIX.

There was happy birthday. and maynard spoke alot!

HE EVEN THANKED US. It was like.

"thanks for not using flash cameras...it means alot to us."

see..being good does pay off.

So...in short...i'm in the afterglow...and i hope they come round agian.

Oh...and melt bannana rocked. Kinda reminded me of sonic youth.

Last edited by PriceisRight; 06-13-2007 at 09:29 PM.. Reason: additions
OFFLINE |  
frb
06-13-2007, 09:52 PM

My 4th show this tour. We got the full intro on Flood tonight- we didn't in Greenville. It seemed they substituted it for the full Lost Keys. I thought Flood was awesome tonight; better than last time. The pick scraping opening to Prison Sex has been at every show I've seen, but they haven't played it this tour. The crowd was more enthusiastic than Atlanta and Greenville. Maynard also seemed more energetic. It was a great show.
Old 06-13-2007, 09:52 PM   #10
frb
Level 1 - Lurker

My 4th show this tour. We got the full intro on Flood tonight- we didn't in Greenville. It seemed they substituted it for the full Lost Keys. I thought Flood was awesome tonight; better than last time. The pick scraping opening to Prison Sex has been at every show I've seen, but they haven't played it this tour. The crowd was more enthusiastic than Atlanta and Greenville. Maynard also seemed more energetic. It was a great show.
06-13-2007, 10:18 PM

i also went to greenville so this will be written partly in comparison to that....

i had floor section 5 seats to greenville (got tehm the second they went on sale).

this one i had section 103 (row N, let me know if you were close to me). i got these tickets weeks after they went on sale. let me tell you, its so much better being up a little bit. the floor is probably only good if you are in sections 1 or 2. the sound at this one was so much better too, vocals were much clearer. the people in the crowd were a different bunch (difference between south/north carolina if you know what i mean, like having a full set of teeth or not).

as i was waiting for it to get closer to 9pm near the merch booth, i see this older lady (at least 65) walk in. i figured she worked there or something, then i saw her ticket. that was some sight.

walking to my seats around 8:45 i notice they were selling liquor, not just beer....great. not too happy about that. i really dont think you can enjoy tool as much if you are drunk. i had a little bit of alcohol before greenville and it did nothing to enhance it. much better sober. although, i dont do any drugs but i'd imagine its not as bad as being drunk.

anyways, onto the show....

guy next to me occasionally lit up, as well as other people around me. wasnt a big deal, just dont care for teh smell or antyhing. it was the two drunk guys near me that i wanted to punch. one guy was in the row in front of me. he was standing next to a guy who i think was there by himself, who, during the whole concert, just stood there and took it all in, while the drunk guy danced like an idiot and rocked out a little too hard, especially at odd times. i could tell the other guy was pissed. the other drunk guy i noticed during wings. the whole time during this 18 minute masterpeice, this fat redneck behind me was standing up holding his beer talking to some lady beside him super loud. he didnt pay attention at all. overall the crowd was really good, much better than i expected.

besides that the entier concert was so solid. very good sound, awesome visuals (actually got to take it all in with these seats this time). maynard was talkative. the birthday thing was cool. i had binoculars to watch danny during his times of amazingness. i got chills anytime i zoomed in on him.

i didnt mind hearing flood for a second time, i love this song, especially live, but i would have rather heard pushit/right in two/the pot, since i probably wont see them again on this tour. not a bad setlist though. i'd change a couple things...like take out schism. ive been waiting to hear the double time version and its awesome, but i think something else should take its place. maynard needs to get a little angrier with his voice on 46&2. rosetta stoned needs a better "holy fucking shit" like he had been doing a couple months ago (heard it on bootlegs). maybe some more maynard dances too. i actually like listening to wings/10k days better on the album. seeing it live was really awesome with all the visual effects, but i dont know. after seeing it once, i think that 20 minutes could be replaced with something else. i know that doesnt make sense cause some people havint seen it yet, but im just talking for myself hear (not being selfish or anything). ummm, lateralus is freaking amazing. the whole light show was awesome during this song. the drum solo part was better this time than greenville. the guy from melt didnt do much though from what i could tell. he didnt have much of a set to work with either. i loved the gong hit.

thats all for now. thank you tool, and thank you winston-salem for being a respectful crowd (except the drunk redneck who was yelling during wings).
Old 06-13-2007, 10:18 PM   #11
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 6

i also went to greenville so this will be written partly in comparison to that....

i had floor section 5 seats to greenville (got tehm the second they went on sale).

this one i had section 103 (row N, let me know if you were close to me). i got these tickets weeks after they went on sale. let me tell you, its so much better being up a little bit. the floor is probably only good if you are in sections 1 or 2. the sound at this one was so much better too, vocals were much clearer. the people in the crowd were a different bunch (difference between south/north carolina if you know what i mean, like having a full set of teeth or not).

as i was waiting for it to get closer to 9pm near the merch booth, i see this older lady (at least 65) walk in. i figured she worked there or something, then i saw her ticket. that was some sight.

walking to my seats around 8:45 i notice they were selling liquor, not just beer....great. not too happy about that. i really dont think you can enjoy tool as much if you are drunk. i had a little bit of alcohol before greenville and it did nothing to enhance it. much better sober. although, i dont do any drugs but i'd imagine its not as bad as being drunk.

anyways, onto the show....

guy next to me occasionally lit up, as well as other people around me. wasnt a big deal, just dont care for teh smell or antyhing. it was the two drunk guys near me that i wanted to punch. one guy was in the row in front of me. he was standing next to a guy who i think was there by himself, who, during the whole concert, just stood there and took it all in, while the drunk guy danced like an idiot and rocked out a little too hard, especially at odd times. i could tell the other guy was pissed. the other drunk guy i noticed during wings. the whole time during this 18 minute masterpeice, this fat redneck behind me was standing up holding his beer talking to some lady beside him super loud. he didnt pay attention at all. overall the crowd was really good, much better than i expected.

besides that the entier concert was so solid. very good sound, awesome visuals (actually got to take it all in with these seats this time). maynard was talkative. the birthday thing was cool. i had binoculars to watch danny during his times of amazingness. i got chills anytime i zoomed in on him.

i didnt mind hearing flood for a second time, i love this song, especially live, but i would have rather heard pushit/right in two/the pot, since i probably wont see them again on this tour. not a bad setlist though. i'd change a couple things...like take out schism. ive been waiting to hear the double time version and its awesome, but i think something else should take its place. maynard needs to get a little angrier with his voice on 46&2. rosetta stoned needs a better "holy fucking shit" like he had been doing a couple months ago (heard it on bootlegs). maybe some more maynard dances too. i actually like listening to wings/10k days better on the album. seeing it live was really awesome with all the visual effects, but i dont know. after seeing it once, i think that 20 minutes could be replaced with something else. i know that doesnt make sense cause some people havint seen it yet, but im just talking for myself hear (not being selfish or anything). ummm, lateralus is freaking amazing. the whole light show was awesome during this song. the drum solo part was better this time than greenville. the guy from melt didnt do much though from what i could tell. he didnt have much of a set to work with either. i loved the gong hit.

thats all for now. thank you tool, and thank you winston-salem for being a respectful crowd (except the drunk redneck who was yelling during wings).
OFFLINE |  
andro
06-13-2007, 11:18 PM

had a pretty good time tonight at the show..

as far as the band being 'on', i heard mistakes here and there, but it's really not that important. tool's music is highly technical and there's going to be the occasional mistake. it didn't take away from my ability to enjoy the show. adam's rig dying during the first verse of forty-six & 2 was a bummer, but they got him back up by the first chorus, which was pretty remarkable.

high point of the show had to be the "high is the way..." maynard nailed what's arguably one of tool's most beautiful vocal passages. seeing flood was great, too, although it made me wish i had seen it performed a decade ago. maynard's thanking the crowd for not taking flash photos was also a high point.. i'm not sure i've ever heard him that sincere.

the crowd would have been excellent had it not been for the moron two rows behind us and his lightweight girlfriend. apparently, she had a little too much to drink and ended up vomiting on the guys behind us. three times. so when the guys turn around to say something to her, her testosterone-head boyfriend gets all pissed and throws his beer at them.. hitting them, us, and the couple sitting in front of us. and of course all this happened during wings/10k days.. yay.

the new light/screen show is amazing.

oh.. just had to mention.. what in the hell is with some of the merchandise pricing? like the "fatass tax" for xxl shirts. oh and the "boob tax" for all the women's fitted shirts. at least the tool hotpants were reasonably priced. *sigh*

overall, a great show. thanks, tool. we'll see you next time.
Old 06-13-2007, 11:18 PM   #12
Level 2 - Poster

had a pretty good time tonight at the show..

as far as the band being 'on', i heard mistakes here and there, but it's really not that important. tool's music is highly technical and there's going to be the occasional mistake. it didn't take away from my ability to enjoy the show. adam's rig dying during the first verse of forty-six & 2 was a bummer, but they got him back up by the first chorus, which was pretty remarkable.

high point of the show had to be the "high is the way..." maynard nailed what's arguably one of tool's most beautiful vocal passages. seeing flood was great, too, although it made me wish i had seen it performed a decade ago. maynard's thanking the crowd for not taking flash photos was also a high point.. i'm not sure i've ever heard him that sincere.

the crowd would have been excellent had it not been for the moron two rows behind us and his lightweight girlfriend. apparently, she had a little too much to drink and ended up vomiting on the guys behind us. three times. so when the guys turn around to say something to her, her testosterone-head boyfriend gets all pissed and throws his beer at them.. hitting them, us, and the couple sitting in front of us. and of course all this happened during wings/10k days.. yay.

the new light/screen show is amazing.

oh.. just had to mention.. what in the hell is with some of the merchandise pricing? like the "fatass tax" for xxl shirts. oh and the "boob tax" for all the women's fitted shirts. at least the tool hotpants were reasonably priced. *sigh*

overall, a great show. thanks, tool. we'll see you next time.
OFFLINE |  
hartology's Avatar hartology
06-13-2007, 11:51 PM

ok my fist tool show and it was tits. i was scared as hell when adams guitar didnt work at the beginning of 46& 2 but it all worked out. Not a melt banana fan , wish ISIS was still opening. but it was utterly mindblowinng with nice lights and Alex grey artwork back drop. Adam had some nice pig tails and maynard was a cowboy as usual. Also Danny had his gold drumset. i didnt know he played that one live. Tool rules
Old 06-13-2007, 11:51 PM   #13
Level 2 - Poster

ok my fist tool show and it was tits. i was scared as hell when adams guitar didnt work at the beginning of 46& 2 but it all worked out. Not a melt banana fan , wish ISIS was still opening. but it was utterly mindblowinng with nice lights and Alex grey artwork back drop. Adam had some nice pig tails and maynard was a cowboy as usual. Also Danny had his gold drumset. i didnt know he played that one live. Tool rules
OFFLINE |  
Nikolaz's Avatar Nikolaz
06-13-2007, 11:54 PM

Now that I've driven the four and 1/2 hours home...Wow!!! My 5th Tool show and they never disappoint. Flood fuckin rocks live!!! I also liked 10k days/marie alot better. Would've loved to hear The Pot and Right in Two but we can't have everything all at once. Now off to sleep to dream happy dreams and make plans for the next trip.
Old 06-13-2007, 11:54 PM   #14
Level 3 - Talker

Now that I've driven the four and 1/2 hours home...Wow!!! My 5th Tool show and they never disappoint. Flood fuckin rocks live!!! I also liked 10k days/marie alot better. Would've loved to hear The Pot and Right in Two but we can't have everything all at once. Now off to sleep to dream happy dreams and make plans for the next trip.
OFFLINE |  
hunter/fisherman
06-14-2007, 12:15 AM

My 6th show, and I also heard them in Greenville. Flood was better tonight. Crowd sucked around me, I mean do you really have to pound on the seats in front of you super drunk guy? Apparently so. Had the same problem in Fresno last tour. Besides that, good show. The drum part makes me miss Triad. And would it kill some of these venues to have general admission for the floor? Waiting to hear how Bonnaroo goes on Friday, Good Luck whoever is going.
Old 06-14-2007, 12:15 AM   #15
Level 1 - Lurker

My 6th show, and I also heard them in Greenville. Flood was better tonight. Crowd sucked around me, I mean do you really have to pound on the seats in front of you super drunk guy? Apparently so. Had the same problem in Fresno last tour. Besides that, good show. The drum part makes me miss Triad. And would it kill some of these venues to have general admission for the floor? Waiting to hear how Bonnaroo goes on Friday, Good Luck whoever is going.
OFFLINE |  
onemindshineforever
06-14-2007, 05:38 AM

It's 9am the morning after, and my ears are still buzzing. Bottomline: That was an awesome show, pretty epic.
So the lazers were great, BUT the visuals topped that. Visuals definitely had my attention for the whole night. I liked the videos for "Rosetta Stoned" and "Vicarious" best. Actually the vids for "Rosetta Stoned" were the shit, very cool concept; I felt like I was on a deep-space-voyage. AND "Lateralus" had it all. That Alex Grey backdrop was beautiful. So much color.
We had the privilege of "Flood." I was definitely hoping to hear "Pushit" but I'm not disappointed....Again, the visuals did it all. "Flood" had some cooolass visuals also hahah. I saw someone here say that they thought Tool was going to break into "Prison Sex"......Can anyone agree with this: Right before "Flood" I thought I heard some riffs to "Undertow." I was like OHhh Fuckin Rite Duuuude UNDERTOW ! But "Flood" it was.
I think this would have been an early write-in for the most epic rock show of my life had Tool played "Reflection" right after playing "Wings1&2" and before "Lateralus." I'm not kidding, I would have pissed my pants if I heard "Reflection." BUT so much for what could have been. It's about what was. And what was was far beyond my expectations. Very pleased with the whole show.
Maynard was cracking-me-up dude. He stood back on the highrise and pretty much danced/moved like a robot for most of the show. He kept doing these mechanical movements in a pattern, and I looked over to my brother and was like "Is Maynard roboting ? Hahah"
That was a baller-ass show. We don't have many huge tours roll through NC often. I'm glad I was a part of it !
I thought I was greatly looking forward to catching 311 and Incubus this summer (and I still am for sure), but being that I've seen 311 twice and Incubus once, I'd totally trade in one of those shows to go see Tool again.
Be easy, yallllll
Old 06-14-2007, 05:38 AM   #16
Level 1 - Lurker

It's 9am the morning after, and my ears are still buzzing. Bottomline: That was an awesome show, pretty epic.
So the lazers were great, BUT the visuals topped that. Visuals definitely had my attention for the whole night. I liked the videos for "Rosetta Stoned" and "Vicarious" best. Actually the vids for "Rosetta Stoned" were the shit, very cool concept; I felt like I was on a deep-space-voyage. AND "Lateralus" had it all. That Alex Grey backdrop was beautiful. So much color.
We had the privilege of "Flood." I was definitely hoping to hear "Pushit" but I'm not disappointed....Again, the visuals did it all. "Flood" had some cooolass visuals also hahah. I saw someone here say that they thought Tool was going to break into "Prison Sex"......Can anyone agree with this: Right before "Flood" I thought I heard some riffs to "Undertow." I was like OHhh Fuckin Rite Duuuude UNDERTOW ! But "Flood" it was.
I think this would have been an early write-in for the most epic rock show of my life had Tool played "Reflection" right after playing "Wings1&2" and before "Lateralus." I'm not kidding, I would have pissed my pants if I heard "Reflection." BUT so much for what could have been. It's about what was. And what was was far beyond my expectations. Very pleased with the whole show.
Maynard was cracking-me-up dude. He stood back on the highrise and pretty much danced/moved like a robot for most of the show. He kept doing these mechanical movements in a pattern, and I looked over to my brother and was like "Is Maynard roboting ? Hahah"
That was a baller-ass show. We don't have many huge tours roll through NC often. I'm glad I was a part of it !
I thought I was greatly looking forward to catching 311 and Incubus this summer (and I still am for sure), but being that I've seen 311 twice and Incubus once, I'd totally trade in one of those shows to go see Tool again.
Be easy, yallllll
OFFLINE |  
Esurient4Truth's Avatar Esurient4Truth
06-14-2007, 05:39 AM

This concert was awesome. 'nough said.

I sat in the truck with Jason and friends with a few wireless laptops from about 6:50 to 7:45 (attempt to get their early to beat traffic, but it was packed), after which, we got in, chilled out, and waited for tool to start.

JAMBI - I was pleasantly surprised to see this as the first song (I was expecting Stinkfist) - the crowd went nuts and Maynard came onto the seen with the power and emotion of a hurricane - it was awesome.

STINKFIST - once again - a great follow up to Jambi. I seemed as if Maynard really got into a grove with this song, and everything just flowed wonderfully.

46&2

SCHISM - This was a definite highlight of my night. After hearing quite a few concerts via the internet, I have to say, nothing beats this song live. The guitar work is always amazing.

Lost/ROSETTA - Hmm... Maynard kind of went out of sync during the "spoken verses," but it's a hard track to play live, so I can't blame him. You can't truly appreciate the guitar and bass work until you hear this song live. It's awesome.

**FLOOD*** - so glad they brought this song back. The crowd of course went nuts, and Maynard pushed everything he could into this song.

WINGS - Personally, I love Wings for Marie and 10,000 Days, and hearing it live was spectacular. It got emotional, but it was 16 minutes of lights, music, and awe.

LATERALUS - I would have loved to hear something DRT before hand, but Lateralus is still an awesome track. It was cool how the lasers became more aggressive as the song progressed - I've never seen anything like their light shows before, so I had a gaping jaw the whole time. Jesus it was a good light show.

VICARIOUS - I expected Aenima, but Vicarious gave something aggressive for everyone to go home to.

There was a man to my back left who I thought made an attempt to record the concert with a small recorder, but I couldn't see. Too much was going on to even make it worth taking my eyes off of the concert. Maynard had some good quips. I appreciate it when the band talks to the crowd.

Otherwise, a good 1st Tool concert. My head hurts a little bit, but that's probably from a lack of sleep more-so than the music playing loud.

Being near the front, and a tad to the right, I had great views of Maynard and Danny.
Old 06-14-2007, 05:39 AM   #17
Last stop on the West Coast line.

Bincount™: 7282

This concert was awesome. 'nough said.

I sat in the truck with Jason and friends with a few wireless laptops from about 6:50 to 7:45 (attempt to get their early to beat traffic, but it was packed), after which, we got in, chilled out, and waited for tool to start.

JAMBI - I was pleasantly surprised to see this as the first song (I was expecting Stinkfist) - the crowd went nuts and Maynard came onto the seen with the power and emotion of a hurricane - it was awesome.

STINKFIST - once again - a great follow up to Jambi. I seemed as if Maynard really got into a grove with this song, and everything just flowed wonderfully.

46&2

SCHISM - This was a definite highlight of my night. After hearing quite a few concerts via the internet, I have to say, nothing beats this song live. The guitar work is always amazing.

Lost/ROSETTA - Hmm... Maynard kind of went out of sync during the "spoken verses," but it's a hard track to play live, so I can't blame him. You can't truly appreciate the guitar and bass work until you hear this song live. It's awesome.

**FLOOD*** - so glad they brought this song back. The crowd of course went nuts, and Maynard pushed everything he could into this song.

WINGS - Personally, I love Wings for Marie and 10,000 Days, and hearing it live was spectacular. It got emotional, but it was 16 minutes of lights, music, and awe.

LATERALUS - I would have loved to hear something DRT before hand, but Lateralus is still an awesome track. It was cool how the lasers became more aggressive as the song progressed - I've never seen anything like their light shows before, so I had a gaping jaw the whole time. Jesus it was a good light show.

VICARIOUS - I expected Aenima, but Vicarious gave something aggressive for everyone to go home to.

There was a man to my back left who I thought made an attempt to record the concert with a small recorder, but I couldn't see. Too much was going on to even make it worth taking my eyes off of the concert. Maynard had some good quips. I appreciate it when the band talks to the crowd.

Otherwise, a good 1st Tool concert. My head hurts a little bit, but that's probably from a lack of sleep more-so than the music playing loud.

Being near the front, and a tad to the right, I had great views of Maynard and Danny.
06-14-2007, 06:18 AM

This concert was amazingly good, despite my poor positioning (section 209, if you were there you know that means top floor).
the concert started out with Jambi (one of my personal favorites from 10K days) and just went uphill from there. Stinkfist was full of energy and the crowd joined in loud enough so that it was more of a group experience. (ILL.... KEEP.... DIGGING....)
then onto 46 & 2 which was another well-met classic. and when Schism started after that i thought the crowd was going to explode lol.
i have nothing bad to say about lost keys/roseta stoned, i was just too into the concert by then to get a grip on what exactly was going on. then came FLOOD, which i was surprised to hear, what a great song. especially live!.
Wings For Marie was probably the most visually appealing, especially when at intervals the lasers would kind of meld and you could see the smoke (which looked like the clouds that were on the screens/stage) inside the beams. it was neat-o.
like Maynard says, it takes a lot of discipline to perform such intense and emotionally charged songs and he thanked us for ... i guess being a good crowd and not taking any flash photography.

Lateralus was great, and Melt Banana even came on to play with them. It was great, especially since the drum solo drum off part extended it by at least 5 minutes, although they couldve done a better job mic'ing the drummer from Melt Banana, Danny knocked our socks off.

the only thing semi-bad that happened was that Adam's rig lost power for a bit, but i didnt really notice and the pause almost seemed like part of the visuals because the lights and the technicians were in lab coats.

overall probably one of the best concerts ive ever been to.

(p.s.: my avatar is one of the only pictures i got with my phone, it was during 10k days. dont worry, i didnt use the flash)

Last edited by exo_wolfen; 06-14-2007 at 06:25 AM.. Reason: new information (kinda)
Old 06-14-2007, 06:18 AM   #18
Level 1 - Lurker

This concert was amazingly good, despite my poor positioning (section 209, if you were there you know that means top floor).
the concert started out with Jambi (one of my personal favorites from 10K days) and just went uphill from there. Stinkfist was full of energy and the crowd joined in loud enough so that it was more of a group experience. (ILL.... KEEP.... DIGGING....)
then onto 46 & 2 which was another well-met classic. and when Schism started after that i thought the crowd was going to explode lol.
i have nothing bad to say about lost keys/roseta stoned, i was just too into the concert by then to get a grip on what exactly was going on. then came FLOOD, which i was surprised to hear, what a great song. especially live!.
Wings For Marie was probably the most visually appealing, especially when at intervals the lasers would kind of meld and you could see the smoke (which looked like the clouds that were on the screens/stage) inside the beams. it was neat-o.
like Maynard says, it takes a lot of discipline to perform such intense and emotionally charged songs and he thanked us for ... i guess being a good crowd and not taking any flash photography.

Lateralus was great, and Melt Banana even came on to play with them. It was great, especially since the drum solo drum off part extended it by at least 5 minutes, although they couldve done a better job mic'ing the drummer from Melt Banana, Danny knocked our socks off.

the only thing semi-bad that happened was that Adam's rig lost power for a bit, but i didnt really notice and the pause almost seemed like part of the visuals because the lights and the technicians were in lab coats.

overall probably one of the best concerts ive ever been to.

(p.s.: my avatar is one of the only pictures i got with my phone, it was during 10k days. dont worry, i didnt use the flash)

Last edited by exo_wolfen; 06-14-2007 at 06:25 AM.. Reason: new information (kinda)
OFFLINE |  
bsanz
06-14-2007, 06:56 AM

We decided last minute to go to the show and I'm so glad that we did. -saw them in the Fall in DC and liked it but wasn't terribly impressed. -thought it was rather stiff, too loud w/ a mediocre mix, and overall kind of an average live experience. But last night, for me, was 180 degress from my impression in the Fall. The sound was absolutely perfect and the band was ON FIRE! Every song was incredible but Flood was mind blowing good. I can not believe how hard those guys were rocking. I kind of wish I was on my way to Bonnaroo but, alas, I am not. I hope I get to witness Tool again some day. wow.
Old 06-14-2007, 06:56 AM   #19
Level 1 - Lurker

We decided last minute to go to the show and I'm so glad that we did. -saw them in the Fall in DC and liked it but wasn't terribly impressed. -thought it was rather stiff, too loud w/ a mediocre mix, and overall kind of an average live experience. But last night, for me, was 180 degress from my impression in the Fall. The sound was absolutely perfect and the band was ON FIRE! Every song was incredible but Flood was mind blowing good. I can not believe how hard those guys were rocking. I kind of wish I was on my way to Bonnaroo but, alas, I am not. I hope I get to witness Tool again some day. wow.
OFFLINE |  
toolchick213's Avatar toolchick213
06-14-2007, 07:34 AM

Last night was my very first Tool concert that I've been to. I've been a fan since I was 15, and I'm so thankful for the awesome friend that introduced them to me a while back!

The concert absolutely rocked!!!!! I felt it all through me....when I closed my eyes I felt like I was taken away to another place.....especially when Flood and Lateralus were played. I wish that they'd played Pushit though.....I would've been blown away!!

my ex was there-of course drunk ass hell- and he walked out of there saying how disappointed he was at the show and how it was nothing compared to the one he'd seen a few years ago..............I still say it was GREAT!

Last edited by toolchick213; 06-14-2007 at 07:36 AM..
Old 06-14-2007, 07:34 AM   #20
Level 1 - Lurker

Last night was my very first Tool concert that I've been to. I've been a fan since I was 15, and I'm so thankful for the awesome friend that introduced them to me a while back!

The concert absolutely rocked!!!!! I felt it all through me....when I closed my eyes I felt like I was taken away to another place.....especially when Flood and Lateralus were played. I wish that they'd played Pushit though.....I would've been blown away!!

my ex was there-of course drunk ass hell- and he walked out of there saying how disappointed he was at the show and how it was nothing compared to the one he'd seen a few years ago..............I still say it was GREAT!

Last edited by toolchick213; 06-14-2007 at 07:36 AM..
OFFLINE |  
Choke's Avatar Choke
06-14-2007, 08:25 AM

6th show, drove like 5 horus arrrrrrrhh. i liked the venue, but i have to say chairs in general admission suck. Good set, great visuals, lasers rocked. i wanted to move up to find better seats but my gf didnt want to :(. I think overall it was a much stronger performance than when i saw them in DC in september, they really seem to be in the groove. I personally think that Wings Pt1 and Pt2 is lacking, they should play Pushit and The Pot in its place and i think the show would really just rock out the whole time. Alll in all it was a great show but the drive home was hell.
Old 06-14-2007, 08:25 AM   #21
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 24

6th show, drove like 5 horus arrrrrrrhh. i liked the venue, but i have to say chairs in general admission suck. Good set, great visuals, lasers rocked. i wanted to move up to find better seats but my gf didnt want to :(. I think overall it was a much stronger performance than when i saw them in DC in september, they really seem to be in the groove. I personally think that Wings Pt1 and Pt2 is lacking, they should play Pushit and The Pot in its place and i think the show would really just rock out the whole time. Alll in all it was a great show but the drive home was hell.
OFFLINE |  
ImagI-Native
06-14-2007, 08:41 AM

Jambi, Stinkfist(extended), Forty Six & 2, Schism(extended, Rosetta Stoned, Flood(all of it this time), Wings Pt. 1 and 2, Lateralus(extended), Vicarious.

Well, second concert ever, pretty much the same as the Greenville show but instead of floor I was in Sec. 101. Dead center which was really killer because of the lasers and what have you. Anyone else see that bald dude rocking out to Melt Banana? What a guy! They didn't play Lost Keys so that got my hopes up for maybe R.I.T or Pushit. But no.....shit. No complaints. Adams stuff was messing up a little during Stinkfist and Forty Six & 2. But nothing to write home about. We got all of Flood. In Greenville we got the last four minutes it seemed like. LATERALUS! That was as Godly as the first time. There was a white "gangsta" dude sitting next to me throwing up his set to Jambi. He totally wasn't a fan. He just sat down the whole time. He didn't like it. What a waste of a fucking seat. Killer show though. Maynard really thanked everyone for not bringing their flashbulb cameras to the venue. People sang happy birthday to some chick onstage and Maynards voice cracked so he stopped singing. So I knew we weren't going to get the whole VICAROUSLY I..... and we didn't but it was awesome nonetheless. My girlfriend came and she enjoyed herself so fantastic night. Thank You Tool.
Old 06-14-2007, 08:41 AM   #22
Level 1 - Lurker

Jambi, Stinkfist(extended), Forty Six & 2, Schism(extended, Rosetta Stoned, Flood(all of it this time), Wings Pt. 1 and 2, Lateralus(extended), Vicarious.

Well, second concert ever, pretty much the same as the Greenville show but instead of floor I was in Sec. 101. Dead center which was really killer because of the lasers and what have you. Anyone else see that bald dude rocking out to Melt Banana? What a guy! They didn't play Lost Keys so that got my hopes up for maybe R.I.T or Pushit. But no.....shit. No complaints. Adams stuff was messing up a little during Stinkfist and Forty Six & 2. But nothing to write home about. We got all of Flood. In Greenville we got the last four minutes it seemed like. LATERALUS! That was as Godly as the first time. There was a white "gangsta" dude sitting next to me throwing up his set to Jambi. He totally wasn't a fan. He just sat down the whole time. He didn't like it. What a waste of a fucking seat. Killer show though. Maynard really thanked everyone for not bringing their flashbulb cameras to the venue. People sang happy birthday to some chick onstage and Maynards voice cracked so he stopped singing. So I knew we weren't going to get the whole VICAROUSLY I..... and we didn't but it was awesome nonetheless. My girlfriend came and she enjoyed herself so fantastic night. Thank You Tool.
OFFLINE |  
NCToolfan's Avatar NCToolfan
06-14-2007, 08:52 AM

Last night was the second time I've seen Tool live. Saw them last week in Greenville also. I was up in section 210 and had a great view of the stage, which is something I didn't have last week since I had floor seats. The sound was pretty good from where I was sitting, although early on in the show I could hear Maynard a lot more clearly. It seemed like his mic kept getting turned down or something as the show went on.

I was a little upset that they didn't change up the set list at all from last weeks show, but all the songs rocked so it's all good. I personally thought that the Greenville show was better. Both shows were great though, can't wait to see them again next time.

Last edited by NCToolfan; 06-14-2007 at 08:56 AM..
Old 06-14-2007, 08:52 AM   #23
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 25

Last night was the second time I've seen Tool live. Saw them last week in Greenville also. I was up in section 210 and had a great view of the stage, which is something I didn't have last week since I had floor seats. The sound was pretty good from where I was sitting, although early on in the show I could hear Maynard a lot more clearly. It seemed like his mic kept getting turned down or something as the show went on.

I was a little upset that they didn't change up the set list at all from last weeks show, but all the songs rocked so it's all good. I personally thought that the Greenville show was better. Both shows were great though, can't wait to see them again next time.

Last edited by NCToolfan; 06-14-2007 at 08:56 AM..
OFFLINE |  
Johnny Truant's Avatar Johnny Truant
06-14-2007, 09:40 AM

First Tool show, had to drive from Wilmington so it was about 4.5 hours. I missed two or three Melt-Banana songs on the way in but caught them for the last half of the act. When I saw them live last week in a small venue in Chapel Hill they were incredible, but an arena just doesn't fit their style. Tool started around 9:15 I guess, wasn't paying too much attention.

Jambi: I don't think this is a very good opening song, but I don't think its a really good song anyway. They played it slower than on record so Maynard sounded a little fast at some points but otherwise they performed it good. It was just kind of boring.

Stinkfist: Much better. The band was dead on, and I was so happy to hear the extended version. Makes the song a lot better.

Forty-Six & 2: Adam's rig cut out after the first few notes and didn't start for a minute but it was a good time for it to cut out, as opposed to the middle of the song or something like that. I lit a joint and shared it with some of the people around me, and that helped me get into it more. Danny was on fire during the solo, and the ending was so powerful. I wish they could have gone to something heavier after this because it was so rocking but Schism was alright.

Schism: Like some people say, it's an alright song but it just hurts the flow of the concert to have it where it is. The double-time section is very cool but I think something else would fit better.

Lost Keys/Rosetta: The visuals are cool and its awesome how the stage resembles a UFO during the song but the vocals at the beginning just don't work live. There seemed to be a few timing issues as well but there are always a few hiccups during a show and it's not too noticable. The song gets much better as it goes on but it does nothing for me compared to something like Third Eye.

Flood: Probably the highlight of the night. I'm happy they played the full version too, the beginning resembles the sonic equivelent of a flood very well. The band was spot on and rocked hard. It's easy to tell how old Maynard is getting and how constant touring hurts because his voice was shaky during the high notes, but he still pulled it off.

Wing 1&2: I don't like these songs, and seeing them live didn't change my opinion. The drumming is very cool and the bass has some good grooves but the guitar work is shoddy and the lyrics do nothing for me. I spent the time smoking another joint and looking at the pretty lasers.

Lateralus: One of my favorite songs and seeing it live was awesome. The extended part is alright, hearing the drum-off is cool but it ruins the pacing of the song and the drummer from Melt-Banana just isn't in the same league as Danny. Agata the guitarist added some cool effects to the song that worked out nicely though. I just think a song like Triad invites for a jam atmosphere more than Lateralus. I wish something like that was played.

I can't remember if it was before or after Lateralus, but Maynard led us in the happy birthday song for someone that I couldn't make out from where I was. He also said something to the effect of "We've played these songs a million times, but they require a lot of dedication and communication between us to pull off. There's also a lot of emotional attactment that we have for each song, and we thank you for not bringing your flash cameras to the performance because they make it harder for us to concentrate on what we're doing." So that was pretty cool, giving a little explanation for why they're playing the same setlist over and over. Hopefully this will also show the band that the southeast appreciates them coming in so they won't skip us again like on the first tour. I was also hoping that this little speech meant for another surprise for the show, but alas I was mistaken.

Vicarious: This song was overplayed so I got bored of it but it sounds great live. It does make for a good closer but Aenema would be my wish for the last song. Maynard skipped the first part of the last verse but thats to be expected I guess.

Overall it was a pretty good show, but after hearing everyone say how good Tool is live, I guess I was expecting more. Maybe I'm just spoiled on amazing bands in small venues but I just wasn't as into it as I thought I would be. 10,000 Days just isn't a good album either, especially after Flood I realized how much more rocking they were back in the day. I had the most fun during the older songs. It was a good performance though and the sound was very good in section 123, though the drums weren't loud enough for me. Overall it was about 7/10.
Sorry, I should clarify. I ment that either way their concerts are far too long for a terrible faux-prog metal nu-rock airhead shitwank boy-band, and that they should be banned from palying music altogether. - mope
Old 06-14-2007, 09:40 AM   #24
A truant finds home
Suicide Booth ID: 6

Bincount™: 3436

First Tool show, had to drive from Wilmington so it was about 4.5 hours. I missed two or three Melt-Banana songs on the way in but caught them for the last half of the act. When I saw them live last week in a small venue in Chapel Hill they were incredible, but an arena just doesn't fit their style. Tool started around 9:15 I guess, wasn't paying too much attention.

Jambi: I don't think this is a very good opening song, but I don't think its a really good song anyway. They played it slower than on record so Maynard sounded a little fast at some points but otherwise they performed it good. It was just kind of boring.

Stinkfist: Much better. The band was dead on, and I was so happy to hear the extended version. Makes the song a lot better.

Forty-Six & 2: Adam's rig cut out after the first few notes and didn't start for a minute but it was a good time for it to cut out, as opposed to the middle of the song or something like that. I lit a joint and shared it with some of the people around me, and that helped me get into it more. Danny was on fire during the solo, and the ending was so powerful. I wish they could have gone to something heavier after this because it was so rocking but Schism was alright.

Schism: Like some people say, it's an alright song but it just hurts the flow of the concert to have it where it is. The double-time section is very cool but I think something else would fit better.

Lost Keys/Rosetta: The visuals are cool and its awesome how the stage resembles a UFO during the song but the vocals at the beginning just don't work live. There seemed to be a few timing issues as well but there are always a few hiccups during a show and it's not too noticable. The song gets much better as it goes on but it does nothing for me compared to something like Third Eye.

Flood: Probably the highlight of the night. I'm happy they played the full version too, the beginning resembles the sonic equivelent of a flood very well. The band was spot on and rocked hard. It's easy to tell how old Maynard is getting and how constant touring hurts because his voice was shaky during the high notes, but he still pulled it off.

Wing 1&2: I don't like these songs, and seeing them live didn't change my opinion. The drumming is very cool and the bass has some good grooves but the guitar work is shoddy and the lyrics do nothing for me. I spent the time smoking another joint and looking at the pretty lasers.

Lateralus: One of my favorite songs and seeing it live was awesome. The extended part is alright, hearing the drum-off is cool but it ruins the pacing of the song and the drummer from Melt-Banana just isn't in the same league as Danny. Agata the guitarist added some cool effects to the song that worked out nicely though. I just think a song like Triad invites for a jam atmosphere more than Lateralus. I wish something like that was played.

I can't remember if it was before or after Lateralus, but Maynard led us in the happy birthday song for someone that I couldn't make out from where I was. He also said something to the effect of "We've played these songs a million times, but they require a lot of dedication and communication between us to pull off. There's also a lot of emotional attactment that we have for each song, and we thank you for not bringing your flash cameras to the performance because they make it harder for us to concentrate on what we're doing." So that was pretty cool, giving a little explanation for why they're playing the same setlist over and over. Hopefully this will also show the band that the southeast appreciates them coming in so they won't skip us again like on the first tour. I was also hoping that this little speech meant for another surprise for the show, but alas I was mistaken.

Vicarious: This song was overplayed so I got bored of it but it sounds great live. It does make for a good closer but Aenema would be my wish for the last song. Maynard skipped the first part of the last verse but thats to be expected I guess.

Overall it was a pretty good show, but after hearing everyone say how good Tool is live, I guess I was expecting more. Maybe I'm just spoiled on amazing bands in small venues but I just wasn't as into it as I thought I would be. 10,000 Days just isn't a good album either, especially after Flood I realized how much more rocking they were back in the day. I had the most fun during the older songs. It was a good performance though and the sound was very good in section 123, though the drums weren't loud enough for me. Overall it was about 7/10.
Sorry, I should clarify. I ment that either way their concerts are far too long for a terrible faux-prog metal nu-rock airhead shitwank boy-band, and that they should be banned from palying music altogether. - mope
OFFLINE |  
Ennui
06-14-2007, 10:53 AM

I don't have any long-winded things to say, but that show was amazing. My first Tool show - I started listening at the tail end of the Lateralus tour and didn't have time to catch them then - and I've gotta say it was definitely all I had hoped it would be.

I had pretty good seats front and center, row C in section 102.

Jambi was a great way to start the show... it was vibrating with energy, really powerful song so I was happy about that, albeit a little surprised as I've always considered that one of the less prominent tracks on 10,000 Days.
Stinkfist (ext.) was... well, wow.
46 and 2 is one of my favorite Tool songs and I was overjoyed. Also, the video on the screens for this was quite interesting.
Schism (ext.) needs no description.
Lost Keys/Rosetta Stoned was a nice touch... could have performed it a little better though. I also would prefer another epic song over it, like Third Eye or one of the long tracks from the end of Lateralus, like Disposition or Reflection.
Flood
Wings for Marie/10,000 Days was good, though not very energetic so despite them playing it very well it was not the best choice for a live show, but then I suppose Tool is not all about jumping around like an ass and headbanging. The 15 minutes of weird electric noises prior to this song were interesting, and the lights during it were some of the coolest things I've ever seen.
Lateralus (w/ Melt Banana) was purely amazing, though as some others said, the Melt Banana drummer was not in Carey's league and it was sort of like watching a 25-year-old fight a baby. The rest of it was beautiful, though.
Vicarious was a good closer.
Old 06-14-2007, 10:53 AM   #25
Level 1 - Lurker

I don't have any long-winded things to say, but that show was amazing. My first Tool show - I started listening at the tail end of the Lateralus tour and didn't have time to catch them then - and I've gotta say it was definitely all I had hoped it would be.

I had pretty good seats front and center, row C in section 102.

Jambi was a great way to start the show... it was vibrating with energy, really powerful song so I was happy about that, albeit a little surprised as I've always considered that one of the less prominent tracks on 10,000 Days.
Stinkfist (ext.) was... well, wow.
46 and 2 is one of my favorite Tool songs and I was overjoyed. Also, the video on the screens for this was quite interesting.
Schism (ext.) needs no description.
Lost Keys/Rosetta Stoned was a nice touch... could have performed it a little better though. I also would prefer another epic song over it, like Third Eye or one of the long tracks from the end of Lateralus, like Disposition or Reflection.
Flood
Wings for Marie/10,000 Days was good, though not very energetic so despite them playing it very well it was not the best choice for a live show, but then I suppose Tool is not all about jumping around like an ass and headbanging. The 15 minutes of weird electric noises prior to this song were interesting, and the lights during it were some of the coolest things I've ever seen.
Lateralus (w/ Melt Banana) was purely amazing, though as some others said, the Melt Banana drummer was not in Carey's league and it was sort of like watching a 25-year-old fight a baby. The rest of it was beautiful, though.
Vicarious was a good closer.
06-14-2007, 10:57 AM

Tool was amazing, the band that opened for them was called Melt Banana, from Tokyo, Japan. During Lateralus, their drummer had a mini-drumset and "battled" Danny...Like there was a chance in hell he was going to beat Danny, they kept going back and forth with little solos. Danny won (no shit)....

I wished they would have played The Pot or Right in Two in place of Wings/10,000 Days, but hey they cant do it all.

Overall was an awesome concert.

Last edited by rrobbins90; 06-14-2007 at 11:15 AM..
Old 06-14-2007, 10:57 AM   #26
Level 1 - Lurker

Tool was amazing, the band that opened for them was called Melt Banana, from Tokyo, Japan. During Lateralus, their drummer had a mini-drumset and "battled" Danny...Like there was a chance in hell he was going to beat Danny, they kept going back and forth with little solos. Danny won (no shit)....

I wished they would have played The Pot or Right in Two in place of Wings/10,000 Days, but hey they cant do it all.

Overall was an awesome concert.

Last edited by rrobbins90; 06-14-2007 at 11:15 AM..
OFFLINE |  
beauty_in_destruction's Avatar beauty_in_destruction
06-14-2007, 01:57 PM

OMFG! I HAVE NO WORDS! This was the single most amazing show of my life! Nothing can compare to the sound, the lights, the feeling, and the energy coming from the band! I can honestly say that this concert was a life changing experience! I wouldn’t trade it for the world!

The amount of feeling and raw emotion the whole band puts in to the show is refreshing. When everyone lit their lighters, and Maynard sat on the stage and held one up to us I was completely captivated, I’m getting chills now just thinking about the amount of courage it must take for anyone to stand in front of a group of people like they do and present their scars for the whole world to see.
I could tell that they truly have a deep emotional attachment to every word and every note of every song. TOOL is nothing but pure art and honest expression and I will never cease to be amazed by their projection!

I want to personally thank everyone who was there because I feel like as a whole we were a good audience Maynard said THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! Talked and responded to the crowd I feel like he had a good time because he was respected since none of us had flash cameras! It made it great for all of us!

And THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU Tool for performing for us, and allowing me to be as close to heaven as I may ever be!
Old 06-14-2007, 01:57 PM   #27
Level 1 - Lurker

OMFG! I HAVE NO WORDS! This was the single most amazing show of my life! Nothing can compare to the sound, the lights, the feeling, and the energy coming from the band! I can honestly say that this concert was a life changing experience! I wouldn’t trade it for the world!

The amount of feeling and raw emotion the whole band puts in to the show is refreshing. When everyone lit their lighters, and Maynard sat on the stage and held one up to us I was completely captivated, I’m getting chills now just thinking about the amount of courage it must take for anyone to stand in front of a group of people like they do and present their scars for the whole world to see.
I could tell that they truly have a deep emotional attachment to every word and every note of every song. TOOL is nothing but pure art and honest expression and I will never cease to be amazed by their projection!

I want to personally thank everyone who was there because I feel like as a whole we were a good audience Maynard said THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! Talked and responded to the crowd I feel like he had a good time because he was respected since none of us had flash cameras! It made it great for all of us!

And THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU Tool for performing for us, and allowing me to be as close to heaven as I may ever be!
OFFLINE |  
bfisher70
06-14-2007, 05:56 PM

I guess since I have seen about 6 TOOL shows since '96, I was disappointed. Every post on here says it was the best show. Folks, it wasn't. I was dissappointed when TOOL was here (W-S) last time since Maynard faced the back drop the WHOLE TIME, but I was still excited about last nights show.

I thought the 1st half of the concert was tight, but when they started the laser show, they kinda took the crowd out. If you noticed for the first hour not one person sat down in the stands. After the rig malfunction, a lot of people sat down during the laser show. The extended versions were too long, and again, it seemed like the crowd was disconnected.

If only some of you guys could have seen TOOL back in the early and mid 90's. They were shows that I would come back and tell all my friends what a show they missed. Ones where I couldn't wait to see them again. After last nights show, I am not too anxious.
Old 06-14-2007, 05:56 PM   #28
Level 1 - Lurker

I guess since I have seen about 6 TOOL shows since '96, I was disappointed. Every post on here says it was the best show. Folks, it wasn't. I was dissappointed when TOOL was here (W-S) last time since Maynard faced the back drop the WHOLE TIME, but I was still excited about last nights show.

I thought the 1st half of the concert was tight, but when they started the laser show, they kinda took the crowd out. If you noticed for the first hour not one person sat down in the stands. After the rig malfunction, a lot of people sat down during the laser show. The extended versions were too long, and again, it seemed like the crowd was disconnected.

If only some of you guys could have seen TOOL back in the early and mid 90's. They were shows that I would come back and tell all my friends what a show they missed. Ones where I couldn't wait to see them again. After last nights show, I am not too anxious.
OFFLINE |  
46andtwoTOOL
06-14-2007, 06:48 PM

The most amazing show I've ever seen..... Stinkfist was mindblowing... They are so spot on its ridiculous...surprised to hear Flood as well....was hoping in the back of my mind to hear Pushit but it was an awesome playlist anyway

How about Maynard leading the crowd in Happy Birthday?!

I think one of the coolest things was hearing the lead singer from Melt Banana say...."tool next"
Old 06-14-2007, 06:48 PM   #29
Level 1 - Lurker

The most amazing show I've ever seen..... Stinkfist was mindblowing... They are so spot on its ridiculous...surprised to hear Flood as well....was hoping in the back of my mind to hear Pushit but it was an awesome playlist anyway

How about Maynard leading the crowd in Happy Birthday?!

I think one of the coolest things was hearing the lead singer from Melt Banana say...."tool next"
OFFLINE |  
third_eye_462's Avatar third_eye_462
06-14-2007, 09:02 PM

Waited almost 7 years for this to happen, and there was no better time to see Tool then on my 22nd birthday and boy oh boy, this made it the best b-day I've ever had. 1st Tool show, and it blew my expectations out the window. ABSOLUTLELY INCREDIBLE!!!! The setlist was awesome though like everyone else has said, PUSHIT or THE POT would have been nice but who cares, the show was still just as amazing. My seats were way better than they looked on the map online (Section 120 Row D seat 5). Had an awesome view of the stage. Liked how Maynard was rocking a Ramones T-shirt, he looked just a little punk rock (joke). The whole show was one real big highlight for me but hearing Lateralus live just put the icing on the cake for me. This was without a doubt the best concert I have ever been to. The Drum solo (Danny is AMAZING!!! omfg!!!), the visuals, Maynard thanking everyone for being good, the energy, EVERYTHING made this a life-changing experience for me. Can't wait for the next time.

THANK YOU TOOL!!!!

HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY MARY JONES!!!!
Old 06-14-2007, 09:02 PM   #30
Level 1 - Lurker

Waited almost 7 years for this to happen, and there was no better time to see Tool then on my 22nd birthday and boy oh boy, this made it the best b-day I've ever had. 1st Tool show, and it blew my expectations out the window. ABSOLUTLELY INCREDIBLE!!!! The setlist was awesome though like everyone else has said, PUSHIT or THE POT would have been nice but who cares, the show was still just as amazing. My seats were way better than they looked on the map online (Section 120 Row D seat 5). Had an awesome view of the stage. Liked how Maynard was rocking a Ramones T-shirt, he looked just a little punk rock (joke). The whole show was one real big highlight for me but hearing Lateralus live just put the icing on the cake for me. This was without a doubt the best concert I have ever been to. The Drum solo (Danny is AMAZING!!! omfg!!!), the visuals, Maynard thanking everyone for being good, the energy, EVERYTHING made this a life-changing experience for me. Can't wait for the next time.

THANK YOU TOOL!!!!

HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY MARY JONES!!!!
OFFLINE |  
burning_purity
06-14-2007, 09:12 PM

3rd time seeing Tool.....
Lateralus was amazing, they make it better every time I see it. Having never heard Flood live before, I was excited to finally get this gem. Loved the Happy Birthday sing along as well.
Tool, it is a privelage to see you perform. Thank you. And people need to quit complaining about the setlist. Whatever Tool plays is amazing, so go with it.
Amazing show, end of story. See you next time around, Tool.
Old 06-14-2007, 09:12 PM   #31
Level 3 - Talker

3rd time seeing Tool.....
Lateralus was amazing, they make it better every time I see it. Having never heard Flood live before, I was excited to finally get this gem. Loved the Happy Birthday sing along as well.
Tool, it is a privelage to see you perform. Thank you. And people need to quit complaining about the setlist. Whatever Tool plays is amazing, so go with it.
Amazing show, end of story. See you next time around, Tool.
OFFLINE |  
EyesOfAFallenAngel's Avatar EyesOfAFallenAngel
06-15-2007, 09:19 AM

My first Tool concert, and nothing short of incredible! The entire time, I was just like..holy fuck...holy shit...oh my god. haha. I'm not even going to lie, they came out onstage and I shed a tear...or two or three. it was amazing.

Like most, I could have definitely done without that Melting pot of shit. When they came out during Lateralus, I was waiting for them to get the hell off stage to finish it with Tool. Heard some great comments around us about Melt Banana, pretty hilarious. "She sounds like a squirrel getting zapped in a bug zapper while an old woman is trying to beat it." ... "If hell had a sound, that would be it."

10k days, both parts, was beautiful. It was so moving.

The crowd seemed to be pretty good, overall. There was one guy who got kicked out. Three security guys were dragging him up the stairs, and he stopped right next to us, to fight them off. Elbowed one of the security guys in the face, and then another security guy came down and all of them literally pile drived his ass up the stairs.

All I can really say is WOW. The 4 hour drive was worth it, and I actually just bought tickets to go to the 7-7-07 show in WV. Now that will be an 8 hour drive. Fun times! haha.

+1 Eoafa. end thread/ -Kelly
Old 06-15-2007, 09:19 AM   #32
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 3227

My first Tool concert, and nothing short of incredible! The entire time, I was just like..holy fuck...holy shit...oh my god. haha. I'm not even going to lie, they came out onstage and I shed a tear...or two or three. it was amazing.

Like most, I could have definitely done without that Melting pot of shit. When they came out during Lateralus, I was waiting for them to get the hell off stage to finish it with Tool. Heard some great comments around us about Melt Banana, pretty hilarious. "She sounds like a squirrel getting zapped in a bug zapper while an old woman is trying to beat it." ... "If hell had a sound, that would be it."

10k days, both parts, was beautiful. It was so moving.

The crowd seemed to be pretty good, overall. There was one guy who got kicked out. Three security guys were dragging him up the stairs, and he stopped right next to us, to fight them off. Elbowed one of the security guys in the face, and then another security guy came down and all of them literally pile drived his ass up the stairs.

All I can really say is WOW. The 4 hour drive was worth it, and I actually just bought tickets to go to the 7-7-07 show in WV. Now that will be an 8 hour drive. Fun times! haha.

+1 Eoafa. end thread/ -Kelly
OFFLINE |  
dave_tool
06-15-2007, 09:38 AM

This was my 5th Tool show and I have to say that it was one of the best ones I have seen as far as performance, lights, visuals and Tool just being TOOL!! Got to see Danny walking into the coliseum, so that was a highlight. The band was spot-on minus a few technical difficulties and the normal "live" anomalies.

They came out and hit us with a tidal wave during the first 4 songs. Rosetta Stoned was cool and seem to come off pretty well. Flood was refreshing to hear, although I was really hoping for Pushit. A slight lull during Wings/10000 Days, but it was awesome to see the light show and feel the emotion during these songs. It definitely gave life to some songs that can be pretty mundane on the album. Glad I got to experience them, but no need to see them again. They finished the show strong with Lateralus, which was probably a highlight for me, and Vicarious. The Melt Banana drummer had no business out there with Danny. Just 2 opposite ends of the spectrum as far as talent. It might have been cooler for Danny to just jam out by himself.

Great evening all together!! Just a couple complaints...

My main complaint was with the chairs on the floor. I bought tickets super early to not have to sit in a seat. If I would have known that chairs were there, I would have went for a better view with a higher seat in the stands. The chairs made me fell confined at a time when I wanted to feel the most free.

My minor complaint was with the setlist (imagine that) ;) I just feel like there were 2 or 3 spots to get some more energetic songs in there to keep the flow going. Like The Grudge or Parabola in place of Schism, and I am still torn about Wings / 10000 Days. I enjoyed it, but I think I would have enjoyed some older stuff or even The Pot in their place.

But overall, a great show!! Thanks TOOL!!! Please keep doing what you do and continue to bring it our way!!!

PS - Met Josh at the show who was getting his "Tool Cherry" popped. Hope you had fun and thanks for behaving!!

Dave

Last edited by dave_tool; 06-15-2007 at 09:42 AM..
Old 06-15-2007, 09:38 AM   #33
Level 1 - Lurker

This was my 5th Tool show and I have to say that it was one of the best ones I have seen as far as performance, lights, visuals and Tool just being TOOL!! Got to see Danny walking into the coliseum, so that was a highlight. The band was spot-on minus a few technical difficulties and the normal "live" anomalies.

They came out and hit us with a tidal wave during the first 4 songs. Rosetta Stoned was cool and seem to come off pretty well. Flood was refreshing to hear, although I was really hoping for Pushit. A slight lull during Wings/10000 Days, but it was awesome to see the light show and feel the emotion during these songs. It definitely gave life to some songs that can be pretty mundane on the album. Glad I got to experience them, but no need to see them again. They finished the show strong with Lateralus, which was probably a highlight for me, and Vicarious. The Melt Banana drummer had no business out there with Danny. Just 2 opposite ends of the spectrum as far as talent. It might have been cooler for Danny to just jam out by himself.

Great evening all together!! Just a couple complaints...

My main complaint was with the chairs on the floor. I bought tickets super early to not have to sit in a seat. If I would have known that chairs were there, I would have went for a better view with a higher seat in the stands. The chairs made me fell confined at a time when I wanted to feel the most free.

My minor complaint was with the setlist (imagine that) ;) I just feel like there were 2 or 3 spots to get some more energetic songs in there to keep the flow going. Like The Grudge or Parabola in place of Schism, and I am still torn about Wings / 10000 Days. I enjoyed it, but I think I would have enjoyed some older stuff or even The Pot in their place.

But overall, a great show!! Thanks TOOL!!! Please keep doing what you do and continue to bring it our way!!!

PS - Met Josh at the show who was getting his "Tool Cherry" popped. Hope you had fun and thanks for behaving!!

Dave

Last edited by dave_tool; 06-15-2007 at 09:42 AM..
OFFLINE |  
Starrsie737
06-16-2007, 04:11 PM

This was my first concert ever and I have to say, i couldn't have chosen a better first concert to go to. My husband bought me the tickets for my 23 birthday which was on June 1. We got tickets kind of late so we were up in the nose bleeds, but as they were pretty much empty we switched seats and went closer to the balcony rather then the second to last row. We went in at about 8:55 and got seats three rows in from the balcony, unfortunately i am really short and these two tall guys, one with dreads all down his back were standing at the balcony right in front of us. At one point i asked them if they would please move and they refused. I was a little angry about that one. Thought about turning them in for the flash camera they were using throughout the concert but didn't. Pretty rude of them bringing that in though.

As for the concert, I was amazed that the visuals on screen were completely in sync with the music. That was a fucking awesome concert. I'm still in awe over it. I'm thrilled i got to go. I love Tool, have for a lot of years. Crowd was awesome, so was the concert. The hubby and i left a bit early...right after Vicarious. Did they do an encore? Also where was the after party? I would have killed to be able to go. Does Tool do backstage passes or invites to the after party?

Next time they come i so plan on being there. Thanks Tool!!! Awesome show
Old 06-16-2007, 04:11 PM   #34
Level 1 - Lurker

This was my first concert ever and I have to say, i couldn't have chosen a better first concert to go to. My husband bought me the tickets for my 23 birthday which was on June 1. We got tickets kind of late so we were up in the nose bleeds, but as they were pretty much empty we switched seats and went closer to the balcony rather then the second to last row. We went in at about 8:55 and got seats three rows in from the balcony, unfortunately i am really short and these two tall guys, one with dreads all down his back were standing at the balcony right in front of us. At one point i asked them if they would please move and they refused. I was a little angry about that one. Thought about turning them in for the flash camera they were using throughout the concert but didn't. Pretty rude of them bringing that in though.

As for the concert, I was amazed that the visuals on screen were completely in sync with the music. That was a fucking awesome concert. I'm still in awe over it. I'm thrilled i got to go. I love Tool, have for a lot of years. Crowd was awesome, so was the concert. The hubby and i left a bit early...right after Vicarious. Did they do an encore? Also where was the after party? I would have killed to be able to go. Does Tool do backstage passes or invites to the after party?

Next time they come i so plan on being there. Thanks Tool!!! Awesome show
OFFLINE |  
nitoro's Avatar nitoro
06-18-2007, 09:00 AM

What an experience. This was my second Tool show, my first being in 02' at same venue. I was the guy in the third row rolling his balls off with his friends. Sorry if I acted in an offensive manner to anybody, but I wasn't myself. Though my memories of the show are pretty fuzzy, Flood really seems to stand out, especially since they did the 4 or 5 minute intro to it. There is one thing that seems to be common to all of the reviews for practically every show on this tour, and that's people bitching about the set list. WTF? The tour is for 10,000 days!! It's not a greatest hits tour. Let's just appreciate the shows for what they are. So anyways, highlights of MY experience: Seeing Tool. Seeing Tool rolling. Seeing Tool rolling with my best friends. Playing the grand piano in the Embassy Suites lobby at 2a.m.for tips (still rolling). Met some pretty cool people (Travis & co.) and had the time of my f'ing life.

Last edited by nitoro; 06-18-2007 at 11:59 AM..
Old 06-18-2007, 09:00 AM   #35
Level 1 - Lurker

What an experience. This was my second Tool show, my first being in 02' at same venue. I was the guy in the third row rolling his balls off with his friends. Sorry if I acted in an offensive manner to anybody, but I wasn't myself. Though my memories of the show are pretty fuzzy, Flood really seems to stand out, especially since they did the 4 or 5 minute intro to it. There is one thing that seems to be common to all of the reviews for practically every show on this tour, and that's people bitching about the set list. WTF? The tour is for 10,000 days!! It's not a greatest hits tour. Let's just appreciate the shows for what they are. So anyways, highlights of MY experience: Seeing Tool. Seeing Tool rolling. Seeing Tool rolling with my best friends. Playing the grand piano in the Embassy Suites lobby at 2a.m.for tips (still rolling). Met some pretty cool people (Travis & co.) and had the time of my f'ing life.

Last edited by nitoro; 06-18-2007 at 11:59 AM..
OFFLINE |  
Lotus2thrdeye
06-18-2007, 11:47 AM

I am still in shock from the show. I spent all of Thursday in a daze trying to process what i encountered the night before. The energy in the place was amazing and to my suprise everyone just stood in their spot and soaked it in. This entire country in starving for anything that can be thrown at them and i see nothing better than a chunk of meat called Tool! From my experience, Tool is worth seeing every night! You will truly be inspired!!
Old 06-18-2007, 11:47 AM   #36
Level 3 - Talker

I am still in shock from the show. I spent all of Thursday in a daze trying to process what i encountered the night before. The energy in the place was amazing and to my suprise everyone just stood in their spot and soaked it in. This entire country in starving for anything that can be thrown at them and i see nothing better than a chunk of meat called Tool! From my experience, Tool is worth seeing every night! You will truly be inspired!!
OFFLINE |  
sketchydood
06-19-2007, 11:39 AM

This was my sixth time seeing the greatest live rock show on earth (gwar is a close 2nd) and the most memorable moment for me was when danny and adam were talkin amungst themselves and maynard says "would you like to share that with the rest of the class" but other than that flood was fucking awesome (first time ive heard it live) dissapointed in not hearing sober or prison sex though, but the light show during vicarious made up for it
Old 06-19-2007, 11:39 AM   #37
Level 1 - Lurker

This was my sixth time seeing the greatest live rock show on earth (gwar is a close 2nd) and the most memorable moment for me was when danny and adam were talkin amungst themselves and maynard says "would you like to share that with the rest of the class" but other than that flood was fucking awesome (first time ive heard it live) dissapointed in not hearing sober or prison sex though, but the light show during vicarious made up for it
OFFLINE |  
MarcHStrother's Avatar MarcHStrother
07-14-2007, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfisher70 View Post
Couldn't agree with you more - yes, they're great, but nothing compared to the 90's. Those were the days when the venues were much smaller and the setlists varied so much. Now, it's become so much of a production with the videos, lasers, lights, etc. that I think they're hampered from easily changing the setlist. And I don't want to hear anyone tell me "this is the 10k days tour, what do you expect?". I can remember way back (Coachella comes to mind) when they'd just play a whole setlist of their "first EP" - Opiate songs. Remember the days of no T-shirt sales, $25 tickets, intimate venues (Poughkeepsie, NY)? Ah, but I digress....
Old 07-14-2007, 07:41 PM   #38
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfisher70 View Post
Couldn't agree with you more - yes, they're great, but nothing compared to the 90's. Those were the days when the venues were much smaller and the setlists varied so much. Now, it's become so much of a production with the videos, lasers, lights, etc. that I think they're hampered from easily changing the setlist. And I don't want to hear anyone tell me "this is the 10k days tour, what do you expect?". I can remember way back (Coachella comes to mind) when they'd just play a whole setlist of their "first EP" - Opiate songs. Remember the days of no T-shirt sales, $25 tickets, intimate venues (Poughkeepsie, NY)? Ah, but I digress....
OFFLINE |  

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply