opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Undertow » 09. Flood
User Name
Password
Old 10-07-2006, 05:55 AM   #1
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
not about water

, but about a trial.

I think that the water is a metaphor for the evidence that goes bad for the accused. He tries to find an aliby (to reach higher ground) and to prove that he's innocent, but he can't. In the end, just before the judgement is spoken (the ground breaks down right under him), he turns to his lawyer and asks him to change the evidence and "make him innocent"(cleanse and purge me in the water).

In my opinion that's what Flood is about.
Old 10-07-2006, 05:22 PM   #2
Level 2 - Poster

Re: not about water

I like your explaination but it seems incorrect. If anything, the song is about the loss of ones stability. "I take what is mine, hold what is mine, suffocate what is mine, soon the water will come and claim what is mine I must leave it behind and climb to a new place now." This line really describes the meaning of the song. A person is forced to leave their old ideas due to the fact that they no longer find confort in them even though they want to hold on. Eventually the person must leave their own ideas to escape the water which symbolizes the instability of their own doubt. The final line, "Cleanse and purge me in the water" sets up the next CDs by showing the process by which the person hopes to become whole.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 10:12 PM   #3
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki of Inferno View Post
I like your explaination but it seems incorrect. If anything, the song is about the loss of ones stability. "I take what is mine, hold what is mine, suffocate what is mine, soon the water will come and claim what is mine I must leave it behind and climb to a new place now." This line really describes the meaning of the song. A person is forced to leave their old ideas due to the fact that they no longer find confort in them even though they want to hold on. Eventually the person must leave their own ideas to escape the water which symbolizes the instability of their own doubt. The final line, "Cleanse and purge me in the water" sets up the next CDs by showing the process by which the person hopes to become whole.
...also, IMO, the water imagery in Flood relates to the water imagery in AEnima. I think the flood is correlative to the formation of Arizona Bay :)
Old 10-18-2006, 04:25 PM   #4
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by <8>jF<8> View Post
...also, IMO, the water imagery in Flood relates to the water imagery in AEnima. I think the flood is correlative to the formation of Arizona Bay :)
The truth is that Aenima is that it was metaphoricly the cleaning of ones self. In truth Aenima was the method in which the person achieved the plan in flood.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: