opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Live » Concert Reviews: Nov-Dec 2006
User Name
Password
Old 11-06-2006, 10:02 AM   #1
Stealth Bomber

Bincount™: 37
2006/11/09 - Rotterdam, NLD - Ahoy

SETLIST --

Stinkfist
The Pot
Forty Six & 2
Jambi
Schism
Rosetta Stoned
Sober
Lateralus
Vicarious
Ænema

*DO NOT POST IF YOU WERE NOT AT THE SHOW!

"Does this person ever post or is he a waste of space?" - fuckBrokers
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-09-2006, 03:23 PM   #2
Jedi Master

Bincount™: 2635
Re: 2006/11/09 - Rotterdam, NLD - Ahoy

Just got back from the Ahoy show.

Here are the tracks that were performed (in no particular order):

- sober
- 46 & 2
- aenema
- stinkfist
- lateralus
- schism
- vicarious
- jambi
- the pot
- lost keys/rosetta stoned

The performance by Mastodon was a bit of a disapointment. The music was far too loud to get a good impression.

Being at my first arena concert of Tool, i was overwhelmed. Maynard was wearing some sort of gasmask during the entire show. The lights, the atmosphere and of course the music was perfect.

My ears will be ringing for the next few days........... but it was worth it!
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-09-2006, 03:37 PM   #3
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0

Here's the setlist:

Stinkfist
The Pot
Forty Six & 2
Jambi
Schism
Rosetta Stoned
Sober
Lateralus
Vicarious
Ænema
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-09-2006, 04:01 PM   #4
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 584

Just got back. Sorry to say it was even though I've expected it to be, a disappointment.
Mastodon......what the fuck is that supposed to be? Definately not my kind of music anyway. It was like looking at some teenage garage-band who is jamming in their friend's garage.
As for Tool.... is Maynard ill again? His singing was a lot of times way off.
Adam made a lot of mistakes. Danny was a robot (very positive) as usual. And Justin was rocking away.
The setlist......I'm not even gonna complain about that. I guess we all know it sucks, they didn't play anything different from the warm-up tour. So be it.

Overall.....well not the best concert, but hey every Tool concert is worth seeing, imo.
Old 11-09-2006, 04:01 PM   #5
Level 2 - Poster

Yep

Great show, even without wings/ 10k days.

Later....

As for Mastodon, I liked them better than Isis in the States.
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-09-2006, 04:08 PM   #6
Useful Idiot

After the show, a journalist / friend of mine said that tonight's show might had been cancelled due to supposed illness of Maynard. He was supposed to have an interview with him but got Justin in stead who said this. And he apparently also said that they altered the setlist to this "standard" because of the health problem. Who knows...
Anyway, didn't notice anything wrong with Maynard. (Although the mask probably doesn't help much, right?)

Anyway: nice new visuals and a better performance than in Amsterdam. So far, Roskilde and Pinkpop are the best ones of this year for me.
Old 11-09-2006, 04:08 PM   #7
Level 4 - Thinker

Section BG: great sound! I expected the worst, but it was really good. Nice to be seated for a change at a Tool show. Next time I hope to get an arena ticket though. Dammn, no 10kD... ;(
Old 11-09-2006, 04:34 PM   #8
Level 1 - Lurker

I can imagine everyones frustration about the setlist being the same all the time, but this was my first Tool-show: wow! Great sound, great music, great visuals. And again next year!

Oh and i liked the roadies in white coates, nice detail...
Old 11-09-2006, 04:39 PM   #9
Level 4 - Thinker

It was:

Masked Maynard
Amazing Adam
Jumping Justin
Divine Danny

It was: Tool

Questions?
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-09-2006, 04:43 PM   #10
Level 4 - Thinker

Mastadon sucked. I was standing on like the 20th row and i was glad i had earplugs with me. It was just 1 massive wall of sound especially when the drummer hit his bass drums. People around me were standing with fingers in their ears.

The setlist was dissapointing. I bought my ticket when they started playing 10.000 days in the US.

The sound wasnt great, the guitar was way off almost as if he was producing static sound at times. Beside that it was much to loud. The concert is over for 3 hours now and my ears are still physically hurting, and i got this irritating high beep in it.

Where i was standing (dead center about row 15-20) Maynard wasnt understandable at times becuase the rest of the sound just overpowered his sound.
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-09-2006, 05:24 PM   #11
Level 1 - Lurker

Ahoy sucks. Sound was horrible - no one is to blame. The soundguy is brilliant - but Ahoy' beats the best soundengineers. Even the band suffered (Justing missing a beat?????).

Maynard had some problems with his voice. The band seemed concerned with him and jammed more and longer than they usually do. I think this allowed Maynard to regain his voice a bit and I believe this also spared him an extra song. I loved seeing the band helping eachother out.

One of the jams was amazing - machinelike precision with the best drums I have ever heard in a Tool concert.

The mask has a bad influence on Maynards voice. I can understand that this is the only way to sing in front of 10.000 cigarette, ganja, weed and kretek smoking fans - but still it's a shame his beautifull voice is muffled by this thing. It does look great btw!

They'll be back in the summer. Please play longer, skip sober and play Wings. It was the reason I came to the worst venue in the Netherlands - to hear wings. Please don't ever go to Ahoy' again!

Great show, Pinkpop was better, HMH was best.
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-09-2006, 05:59 PM   #12
Level 1 - Lurker

I totally agree with Niels :)

This was my second (live) Tool experience, after Pinkpop this year.
Still overwhelmed... Also a bit of a beep in my ears (standing in the arena, a bit at the back), but hey, that only reminds me that I've been there :D

Lateralus was the best imo, great musical climax together with all the light effects and billboards 'on'. I especially liked the green lasers through the smoke!

I was also amazed by the start Jambi: when Danny (not that I know him personally of course) starts to play along with Adam, he played the riff 2 times faster then on 10.000 Days... How is it possible..

Oh, and the visuals: I love them, they make me dream away. Never the same during the whole concert.. The ones that came with Jami were my favourite: starting abstract, moving over into clearer forms and returning to abstract forms at the end of the song. Together with the song, I left planet Earth for a while ;)

I can't remember when exactely, but I think it was after Sober, the band paused for a moment and sat down on Maynards stage, while a roadie (or at least someone in a white coat) fixed something with Danny's drums. I thought it was Justin who lighted up a match or something, and of course everyone in the public with a lightener did so too, great :) (maybe this happened before? Because I saw some people check if their lightener's flame was big enough at the beginning of the concert ;)

After Lateralus or Vicarious (but I could be wrong about that) Maynard said something like "... see you next summer, i'll be wearing a mask, but a bigger one..." I really hope they will come back next summer!

Well, there is of course so much to say, but I'll leave it like this for the moment. I'm happy to have been able to visit one of Tool's concerts again. Very, very, very much respect for how much these guys are willing to give, it was amazing to see a band with this amount of talent and devotion perform..

Spiral out. Keep going.

Adriaan

(PSand sorry for my poor English..)

(PPS I really like the set list btw, maybe you shouldn't visit all shows if you don't like it being the same every time ;) (reacting on other posts is not the meaning of this thread, so just take it as an opinion, or delete this line if you want to)

Last edited by A3aan; 11-09-2006 at 06:03 PM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-09-2006, 10:51 PM   #13
Level 1 - Lurker

Well, what can I say? It was great to see Tool again but the same setlist made the whole thing much more predictable. Not a word I think Tool likes to be associated with. Anyway, other than some of you I thought the sound was amazing, though very loud. And unlike most of you I even liked Mastodon :-)
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-10-2006, 12:50 AM   #14
Level 4 - Thinker

With all those fears about AHOY, my first impression wasn't too bad. It was smaller than I remembered. Smaller than the venue in Dusseldorf were I saw Tool some years ago and certainly more cozy than the setup of Ozzfest in Nijmegen.

Maynard didn't sound too good at first, I blamed the mask but it seems there might have been other reasons.

The final part was really good, even ignoring the visuals. Somehow the band and I didn't connect at first. I was right behind the barrier and the sound wasn't too bad, unnatural though as it came clearly from way up in the hall, far above the band.

My highlight was Sober. Huh? Yeah, Sober. After seeing Tool 6 times I had seen this song more than enough and hoped they would play something else (undertow, please!). But now, seeing them a 12th time the song kicked ass again.

As for Masturbon, I can see some people might like their Iron Maiden guitar solo's on Metallica riffs with System of a Down rhythms. But I don't like Masta Don. I would have liked to see Isis much more than Do Not Sam.

Daniel

Last edited by CurtSchilling; 11-10-2006 at 03:56 AM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-10-2006, 01:53 AM   #15
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 2

Mastodon gave a great show, but the sound was awful. Just awful. Way too much bass and drums. After the Mastodon show, everybody was complaining about it and saying how they hoped it would get better with Tool, but unfortunatly, it still sucked when they came on. The guitar sounded great, but the bass, damn.... I could feel my entire body trembling. Sometimes it was hard to make out if Maynard was singing or not because of the bass.

I was espacially bothered during The Pot; Maynard sounded great during the accapella bit, then the bass came in and just kinda killed the song.

Still, great show. Better performance than in Amsterdam, but because of the sound quality, I enjoyed that concert more. The last three songs were the highlight.

For those interested, stuff MJK said:

After Stinkfist: "Good evening Rotterdam. What's up?"

During the lighter bit: "Thank you, goodnight. Thank you, goodnight." (annoyed) "Thank you, good night."

After Vicarious: "Thank you very much for coming out. We'll see you again next summer. I'll be wearing a mask then. A bigger mask. Good night. Look out for each other on the way home. See you soon"

Last edited by Wool; 11-10-2006 at 01:55 AM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-10-2006, 03:25 AM   #16
Level 1 - Lurker

Mastodon was great, tight as ever, but alas the sound was horrible. It was dreadful seeing one of my favorite bands drowning in a pool of sound. During their gig it seemed to get better but not much. I think it`s a bloody shame to be supporting in Ahoy, and it probably has costed them potential audience. To write a band off because of poor accoustics and sound engineering is terribly short sighted and lame...

And then came TOOL! Very funny seeing the roadies wearing shoe covers and wiping the stage, and then wearing white robes during the gig. The band was awesome as ever and some tiny mistakes make them a little bit human instead of icons. This addressed to people who seem to stumble over some mistakes, GET A LIFE. If you don`t want to hear mistakes? Listen to the album!

As for Maynard`s mask, beeing a non smoker I completely understand why he would want to wear one, heck, I would have worn one myself last night. Like at the HMH, people showed a lack of respect by smoking while knowing he has a problem with that.

I could do with a TOOL concert every month, every week infact, perhaps each day, simply mindblowing, even at AHoy. Please don`t ever play at Ahoy again.

Last edited by Guitarfrenzy; 11-10-2006 at 03:28 AM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-10-2006, 05:00 AM   #17
Banned.

This show was (in its unique way) very special.. I've never saw TOOL perform in such a big venue, and thats why i was overwhelmed by the light- and lasereffects. The show started with just one vid-screen behind Maynard and ended in one big laser-guided orgy with strobos and magnificent vids.

Indeed, Maynard was a bit ill.. his voice didn't carry all the way, but stil.. incredible!! I was with my tiny girlfriend and she jumped all the time to catch a glimpse of Maynard.. We eventually succeeded and we saw the crowling and humping of the "insane masked leadsinger".

I'm not gonna whine about the setlist.. the live performance of Sober and Rosetta Stoned where better then ever!! So.. one night well spend and hoping to see them next year again.

Last edited by Mark Heijblok; 11-10-2006 at 05:01 AM.. Reason: typo's !!
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-10-2006, 05:02 AM   #18
Level 1 - Lurker

Well, Ahoy is a sporting venue and it will never be a good music hall. I love Mastodon on cd but it was a bad wall of sound.

Tool was good. The visuals were better now than in HMH. The sound horrible.

Still i'm so glad i saw them in Paradiso...
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-10-2006, 05:17 AM   #19
Level 4 - Thinker

Mastodon were awesome! Sound wasn't too bad from where i was standing. Technically they were awesome and they played a great setlist. And for Tool... Well I enjoyed seeing them again. They played beautifully again. But what is this with the gasmask? Maynard auditioning for Slipknot? And for the lasershow... It just sucked. In the 80's even The Radio 3 Drive-in show had a better one then this. I'd say drop the lasers drop some visuals; they were not that great and alter your setlist some more. That would keep it more interesting for the audience and also for guys from Tool themselves. I just can't understand why great musicians would like to play the same songs all over every night, 5 days a week for almost a year now. Even though the songs are great, you would like to keep it a bit interesting for yourselves. This show was more or less on the automatic pilot. But what a great automatic pilot!
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-10-2006, 07:03 AM   #20
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

I'm sorry, I Wrote my review in Dutch for a Dutch site.
I hope you don't mind if I post it here.

Wow, dat was me een toffe avond gisteren! Dit verhaal heb ik ook op een ander forum gezet. Pics zijn met mijn telefoon genomen.

Toen we de Ahoy binnenkwamen vielen de lichten uit en begon het voorprogramma: Mastodon. Ik had nog nooit wat gehoord van deze band, alleen die enkele keer dat ik op hun website kwam en binnen 3 seconde weer weg was doordat er zo'n takke herrie uit m'n boxen kwam. Takke herrie, dat was het zeker. Met hevig flucutuerende ritmes en een hoop gekrijs zetten deze mannen hun show neer. Ik had wel bewondering voor de drummer en gitarist, ze waren technisch best goed, maar het sprak me voor geen ene moer aan. Het enige wat ik enigzins kon waarderen was een lange medley op het eind. Dat klonk nog, maar werd ruw verstoord door een hoop gejank van één van de gitaristen.
http://www.geer.nu/tool/mastodon.jpg

Nadat Mastodon met een kort 'later see you blabla' vertrok, gingen de lichten weer aan en wisten wij met z'n 3en redelijk vooraan te komen. Ongeveer 5 tot 10 meter van het podium. Binnen 20 minuten vielen de lampen weer uit en klonk een lage toon die in de HMH op 27 juni ook te horen was. Daar verschenen ze! Toen Maynard het podium opkwam dat ik bij mezelf: "ik wist het.." want ja, hij had een gasmasker op ze snoet. Dat doet hij omdat hij het niet leuk vind dat 10,000 mensen daar roken, djonko's draaien en weet ik veel wat afblowen. I could'nt care less, het stond wel vermakelijk!

Stinkfist: Geweldige start. De visuals op de achtergrond bleven nog uit maar er werd al wel met de lichten gespeeld. Verder heb ik hier weinig over te zeggen. Blijft een geniaal nummer.

The Pot: Kwam heel onverwacht! Dit nummer had ik dus nog nooit live gehoord en ik moet zeggen dat ik de stem van Maynard totaal niet verkeerd vond eigenlijk. Justin was mijn absolute held in dit nummer, wat is het toch een tovernaar op zijn bassgitaar. De beelden die op de achtergrond gebruikt werden spraken me niet aan.

Forty Six & 2: Hm, op een een of andere manier vind ik dit toch echt een 'gewoon luisternummer'. Eigenlijk het minst speciaal. Toch netjes uitgevoerd met vernieuwde visuals op de achtergrond. Ik kon wel genieten van Maynards apendansjes en egyptische moves.
http://www.geer.nu/tool/wtf.jpg

Jambi: Vroem vroem, keiharde knaller weer. Weer dramatisch goed uitgevoerd, alleen ging er toch iets fout op het eind; Bass/gitaar liep niet helemaal synchroon met de drums volgensmij.

Schism: Sehr gut. Ze hadden het nummer flink uitgebreid. Ik heb aandachtig naar Justin gekeken (ik stond vlak bij hem) hoe hij zn rare schism-geluidjes uit zn bassgitaar wist te produceren. Tot nu toe was eigenlijk alles nog hetzelfde als in de HMH op 27 Juni. Deja Vu.

Rosetta Stoned: Hmm, het begin van Rosetta vond ik één grote chaos. Het was soms niet eens te volgen wat Maynard zong. Toen Danny vervolgens met zijn percussie begon was het weer goeg gemaakt. Net zo perfect gedrumd als in de HMH.
http://www.geer.nu/tool/rosetta.jpg

Sober: Wat is een van hun oudste nummer (1993) toch ijzersterk live. Veel en veel beter dan op de CD. Ik was wel enigzins bedroefd dat Wings For Marie/10,0000 Days niet gespeeld werd. Dit was niet ivm met Mastodon die tijd opsnaait, maar ivm met Maynards gezondheid. Hij is wat ziekjes, en of je dan zo'n lang nummer met zo'n grote emotionele lading wilt spelen...

Lateralus: Vanaf dit nummer werd alles verschillend voor mij ten opzichte van het optreden in de HMH. Er werd echt een mega brute lasershow opgezet! Tegen het eind maakte Adam wel groffe fouten met zijn gitaar, maar de climax was werkelijk één LUST voor het oog. Er werd gelaserd, gespotlight, gevisuealiseerd, gespeeld! Na Aenema het beste livenummer.
http://www.geer.nu/tool/lateralus.jpg
http://www.geer.nu/tool/lateralus2.jpg

Even een korte pauze waarin Justin een lichtje ophield. Een groot gedeelte van het publie publiek deed z'n aanstekert aan. Het leek wel alsof ik bij Marco Borsato zat haha. Maynard: "Thank you, goodnight. Thank you, goodnight." (annoyed) "Thank you, good night."
http://www.geer.nu/tool/lampjes.jpg

Vicarious: Hee kijk er zingen meer mensen mee... Als Tool een Breezahband was, dan was Vicarious de 'hit-single'. Mooi uitgevoerd en eigenlijk niets over te zeggen.

Maynard na Vicarious: "Thank you very much for coming out. We'll see you again next summer. I'll be wearing a mask then. A bigger mask. Good night. Look out for each other on the way home. See you soon"

Ænema: HET! DE! ALLES! Wederom het BESTE LIVENUMMER. Publiek ging compleet los (op het veld). Sta je dan met paar duizend man te brullen. Compleet gestoord! Alle energie die ik nog over had kwam er uit. Op gegeven moment stond ik met mijn handen in de lucht en leek het net of ik zweefde hihi. Enorme lasershow met twee lasers van voren, en één van achter uit de Ahoy, waarbij er een soort dak met lasers ontstond. Toen dit nummer was afgelopen was ik in trance. Wha!

http://static.flickr.com/89/251962537_c0d04c16b5.jpg
*Andere Show, maar leek er op, ik had zelf geen goede pic van die lasers.*

Het was genieten. Ieder nummer zo hard mogelijk meegezongen.
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-10-2006, 12:58 PM   #21
Level 2 - Poster

The sound was ok for ahoy, but not as good as in Amsterdam. The performance was way better this time, better vids and a great light show. They got better every song with aenima as a great climax. People shouldn't complain about the poor sound quality, you will never see a better concert in Ahoy! Come on, it's Tool!!! No band in the world is so great, so tight and so intense!!!
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-11-2006, 04:21 AM   #22
Level 1 - Lurker

We got ticks late, so we were supposed to sit all the way up. The sound was so horrible there that we went down a couple of stairs, it was a lot better there. It was way loud, glad i had earplugs with me (yeah i have been reading the reviews ;) )
My first Tool concert. I am so impressed, the best band in the whole world :D, and overwhelmed: so much to look at and to listen to all at the same time. A bit less visuals would be ok for me ;)
Danny is by far the best drummer ever, it is incredible what this man does on drums.
And the energy coming from Justin :D
I totally loved the jams, so beautiful.
From where is was i had a good look on the large screen at the back, the lighting was bad, i've seen vids of concerts where it was beautifully lit, so one moment you could see faces, next skulls, and then embryos and i had been looking forward to see that. Grey's art is absolutely mindblowing.
My bf felt a bit underwhelmed, he had expected more somehow. But Maynard feeling not too well explains a lot.
For sure we'll be there next year!
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-11-2006, 07:33 AM   #23
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 51

Awesome show! Can't wait to see 'em sumer 2007.
Sound in HMH a few months earlier was better though. Their new lightshow is killer.
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-11-2006, 02:23 PM   #24
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loutje View Post
From where is was i had a good look on the large screen at the back, the lighting was bad, i've seen vids of concerts where it was beautifully lit, so one moment you could see faces, next skulls, and then embryos and i had been looking forward to see that. Grey's art is absolutely mindblowing.
This is a different backdrop than the ones from 2002. It doesn't react in the same way as those did. Also, it takes time to come up with those sort of actions, and this backdrop has only been in the production for 5 shows, so far.
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-12-2006, 09:48 AM   #25
Useful Idiot

Old 11-12-2006, 11:42 AM   #26
Level 3 - Talker

Worth the trip from the UK despite the only difference (in setlist) being the Pot :) from the summer London show at Hammersmith. Sorry but I love the finale to Rosetta Stoned, just find the 15 minutes of buildup starting with Lost Keys distortion and Maynard distorted is just not worth the payoff. Would love to see an old song fit in or bring back Right in Two.
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-12-2006, 11:56 AM   #27
Level 3 - Talker

This concert venue sucks! My 1st row tickets were level with a 2M walkway right in front of them, so I spent the forgetable Mastodon set looking at the row of asses standing in front of my seat. Not a single stadium staff moving people along so I moved closer and higher up so as not to let that ruin an otherwise very good Tool show.
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-13-2006, 04:40 AM   #28
Level 1 - Lurker

It was a great show in Ahoy indeed. I only dont understand the people who can hear all those "mistakes"the band makes. Something wrong with my ears maybe?
The sound was horrible. We were all the way in front of the stage. After 3 songs where we couldnt hear Maynard sing, we moved back about 20 rows. There the sounds (and even the view) was so much better and I also enjoyed the laser show much more.
Yes I would love to hear some other songs after having seen them 7 times, and I am coming to think, that our comments here, are being read by the band or related people.
10.000 days might be too emotional for Maynard to sing in front of so many people, who dont really mean anything to him.
So, if I am lucky, they will play one or even two different songs in Oberhausen??
Are there any TOOL fans going there too on Dec. 3?
For the rest, I only want to say:
Why not just enjoy Maynard, Adam, Justin and Danny and their wonderful musical abilities and stop with all the cry-baby writing?
Its the most unique band in this world and maybe outside this world too?!

Maynard or any of you TOOL guys, if any of you read these reviews: Say a big hello from me to Todd and Armando :-)
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-15-2006, 02:46 PM   #29
Level 1 - Lurker

Great show, but there were few things that didn't make it what it could have been.
I was disappointed by the fact that they didn't play wings/10,000 days or a couple of older songs.
The visuals were better than in the HMH (nice green lasers), but the sound was absolutely awful. It was too loud, my ears were still ringing when I came home.

What really pissed me off:
After Mastodon when my friend and I tried to get more to the front, we realised that there was a closed section in in front of the stage. Security didn't let us in because we didn't have a bracelet (which was only given to the first 500 people or so). Ridiculous!!! The section wasn't even full!! When I pay 50 euros to see a band, I like to stand where I want to. Now we had to stand about 20 metres from the stage.

Still loved the show though. Really liked Sober, The Pot, Lateralus and Aenima.

Hope they will play a proper venue next summer, but I guess it will probably be a festival like Lowlands. So start saving money!!
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-16-2006, 09:14 AM   #30
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxxxzzz View Post
What really pissed me off:
After Mastodon when my friend and I tried to get more to the front, we realised that there was a closed section in in front of the stage. Security didn't let us in because we didn't have a bracelet (which was only given to the first 500 people or so). Ridiculous!!! The section wasn't even full!! When I pay 50 euros to see a band, I like to stand where I want to. Now we had to stand about 20 metres from the stage.
I was right up front at the barrier (got there at 4pm) and I never got a bracelet :/

As for the show, it was a great show, but the sound wasn't as good as the HMH show in June. It wasn't awful, but still a bit muddy in places.

Highlights for me: Stinkfist, Lateralus, Sober.

Maynard's dancing is awesome
Justin has so much energy
Adam seemed a little more alive than normal
Danny was insane, as usual.

I hope they play the HMH when they come back in summer. The Grudge would be nice too :D
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-18-2006, 05:42 AM   #31
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1

One word: Sober
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-20-2006, 10:39 AM   #32
Level 2 - Poster

i quite enjoyed mastodon - whats up with you guys?! its ok music no? yeh, isis would have been the lips on my dick, but i'm certainly not complaining! tool were amazing, all this talk of maynard being a bit sick or something - didn't show even if he was - yeh, fairly 'standard' 2006 set list - but standard tool is fine by me any-day! the sound at ahoy was better than in london at hammersmith FOR SURE - all you muppets saying it sounded dodgy - wtf? you shouldn't have bought seating tickets should you!! great show, all the better for being in the Netherlands!!!! beats england.. OH.. APART from the Ahoy bar staff - did anyone else try one of there 0.5L beers?! 6 inches of dirty Heineken ffrrrof, poured for you in under 3 seconds!! WTF!! The_Rufas will back me up on this one, BRITS-ABROAD NEED OUR BEER (the green wasn't a problem w-hahaha) oh yeh, heared sound check also, stinkfist and.. rufas will have to fill you in, it sounded amazing..

Last edited by Catch33; 11-20-2006 at 10:45 AM..
OFFLINE |  

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: