Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » What's He Saying??
User Name
Password
Closed Thread
tiryth's Avatar tiryth
04-27-2006, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q'ayin
Three things:

He varies many small nearly repeating parts of the song, what is right at one point is often being shot down by someone else who hears a similiar section of the song.

I advise paying attention to the cadence of his Words, sometimes more than the phonetics on this song. Blame the recording, the nature of singing (falsetto) or blame Maynard for singing falsely. Certainly I care more about the energy/quality of his singing than whether his recorded sung enunciation is perfectly audible.

--Meanwhile why not brainstorm what we think wheepin 'shades of indigo' part might be during the the verses -- It fits believably, and better than other suggestions, at 4:12, and possibly on some verses.
However:
5:22 NOW your witnesses have chosen not to fold
5:27 leaving your self and your eye, eye.
does anyone hear this/ something close? (I hear this Exclusively in this instance.)

close to posting my own take of the whole thing.
i hear 'weak machines' rather than witnesses - i still dont reckon it has anything to do with weeping shades of indigo tho
Belief is the death of intelligence. As soon as one believes a doctrine of any sort, or assumes certitude, one stops thinking about that aspect of existence. The more certitude one assumes, the less there is left to think about, and a person sure of everything would never have any need to think about anything and might be considered clinically dead under current medical standards, where absence of brain activity is taken to mean that life has ended. [R.A.W]
Old 04-27-2006, 08:11 AM   #161
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 5
Re: Lyrics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q'ayin
Three things:

He varies many small nearly repeating parts of the song, what is right at one point is often being shot down by someone else who hears a similiar section of the song.

I advise paying attention to the cadence of his Words, sometimes more than the phonetics on this song. Blame the recording, the nature of singing (falsetto) or blame Maynard for singing falsely. Certainly I care more about the energy/quality of his singing than whether his recorded sung enunciation is perfectly audible.

--Meanwhile why not brainstorm what we think wheepin 'shades of indigo' part might be during the the verses -- It fits believably, and better than other suggestions, at 4:12, and possibly on some verses.
However:
5:22 NOW your witnesses have chosen not to fold
5:27 leaving your self and your eye, eye.
does anyone hear this/ something close? (I hear this Exclusively in this instance.)

close to posting my own take of the whole thing.
i hear 'weak machines' rather than witnesses - i still dont reckon it has anything to do with weeping shades of indigo tho
Belief is the death of intelligence. As soon as one believes a doctrine of any sort, or assumes certitude, one stops thinking about that aspect of existence. The more certitude one assumes, the less there is left to think about, and a person sure of everything would never have any need to think about anything and might be considered clinically dead under current medical standards, where absence of brain activity is taken to mean that life has ended. [R.A.W]
OFFLINE |  
ThatIndividual
04-27-2006, 12:49 PM

Context clues... CONTEXT CLUES!!!!!!! "Musta been out your hair!?!?!"

That's absolutely ridiculous. If it sounds a little like hair, SO WHAT!?!?!?

CLEARLY he is saying "you musta been out your head!!!

I don't even think that you people believe that shit.. you're just being rabble rousers and having fun arguing such a flippant point.
Old 04-27-2006, 12:49 PM   #162
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0

Context clues... CONTEXT CLUES!!!!!!! "Musta been out your hair!?!?!"

That's absolutely ridiculous. If it sounds a little like hair, SO WHAT!?!?!?

CLEARLY he is saying "you musta been out your head!!!

I don't even think that you people believe that shit.. you're just being rabble rousers and having fun arguing such a flippant point.
OFFLINE |  
Oprah
04-27-2006, 01:33 PM

Alright, so it has to be "weeping shades of chosen indigo" simply because later on, Maynard says "weeping shades of indigo, shed without a reason." The shed without a reason part is pretty clear and so what else could he be talking about besides tears?
Old 04-27-2006, 01:33 PM   #163
Level 2 - Poster

Alright, so it has to be "weeping shades of chosen indigo" simply because later on, Maynard says "weeping shades of indigo, shed without a reason." The shed without a reason part is pretty clear and so what else could he be talking about besides tears?
OFFLINE |  
dygytylace
04-27-2006, 01:57 PM

there is no long e sound as in tea or weed. its a long i sound, i.e. lie, tie, rye, my, die, sigh and so forth. It's not ganja police or please, ganja please, its ketchup with lies, or fries if your high and have the munchies...

CATCH UP WITH LIES
Old 04-27-2006, 01:57 PM   #164
Level 3 - Talker

there is no long e sound as in tea or weed. its a long i sound, i.e. lie, tie, rye, my, die, sigh and so forth. It's not ganja police or please, ganja please, its ketchup with lies, or fries if your high and have the munchies...

CATCH UP WITH LIES
OFFLINE |  
Howard's Avatar Howard
04-27-2006, 03:45 PM

What the fuck, I'll say it again: SLOW DOWN THE END OF THE SONG AND PLAY IT, IT'S CLEARLY GANJA POLICE.
Old 04-27-2006, 03:45 PM   #165

Bincount™: 4

What the fuck, I'll say it again: SLOW DOWN THE END OF THE SONG AND PLAY IT, IT'S CLEARLY GANJA POLICE.
OFFLINE |  
dygytylace
04-27-2006, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard
you're clearly deaf, and high

on another note, the lines

weeping shades of indigo
shed with out a reason
weeping shades of indigo

im not sure what the first and last are but the middle seems to be

shackled in a reason

im definately hearing that 'k' sound in there

and does any one else here

soapbox house of CAUSE and glass
Old 04-27-2006, 04:39 PM   #166
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:

weeping shades of indigo
shed with out a reason
weeping shades of indigo

shackled in a reason

OFFLINE |  
OG-Whoop
04-27-2006, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dygytylace

weeping shades of indigo
shed with out a reason
weeping shades of indigo

shackled in a reason

Do yourself a favor. Go search for the following word combinations (most of which are common sayings):

1. Blue tears
2. House of cards
3. People who throw stones should not live in glass houses.
4. Standing on a soapbox

There are lines on this album which can easily be disputed - like the one people think says "So they took me by the hand" in Rosetta Stoned, but the ones you are pointing out here are just so blatantly obvious I can't understand how you could be unsure of them.

And that includes the last line of the song. There is most certainly a long "e" sound on the 4th syllable. My take on that was initially "Ganja Police" and it still is after many repeated listenings. Nothing else which has been suggested even comes close. Not "Ganja? Puh-lease" and most certainly not "Catch up with lies."

Use your head - which you first have to allow to be open and not marred by what you first heard there - then think about how the words fit the context of the song.

But then again, you could be one of the people who think Jimi Hendrix says,

" 'scuse me, while I kiss this guy."

ryan
Old 04-27-2006, 07:17 PM   #167
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:

weeping shades of indigo
shed with out a reason
weeping shades of indigo

shackled in a reason

Do yourself a favor. Go search for the following word combinations (most of which are common sayings):

1. Blue tears
2. House of cards
4. Standing on a soapbox

There are lines on this album which can easily be disputed - like the one people think says "So they took me by the hand" in Rosetta Stoned, but the ones you are pointing out here are just so blatantly obvious I can't understand how you could be unsure of them.

And that includes the last line of the song. There is most certainly a long "e" sound on the 4th syllable. My take on that was initially "Ganja Police" and it still is after many repeated listenings. Nothing else which has been suggested even comes close. Not "Ganja? Puh-lease" and most certainly not "Catch up with lies."

Use your head - which you first have to allow to be open and not marred by what you first heard there - then think about how the words fit the context of the song.

ryan
OFFLINE |  
Howard's Avatar Howard
04-27-2006, 07:27 PM

Oh c'mon, I won't discuss with a guy registered since 2002 with 5 posts, deaf and blind and dumb... =D

And again, definately there's a "without a reason".
And again, listen to it slowed down, sucker.
Old 04-27-2006, 07:27 PM   #168

Oh c'mon, I won't discuss with a guy registered since 2002 with 5 posts, deaf and blind and dumb... =D

OFFLINE |  
Howard's Avatar Howard
04-27-2006, 07:29 PM

"" 'scuse me, while I kiss this guy."

ryan"

LOL, I love you OG
Old 04-27-2006, 07:29 PM   #169

"" 'scuse me, while I kiss this guy."

ryan"

LOL, I love you OG
OFFLINE |  
bogsnarth's Avatar bogsnarth
04-27-2006, 09:10 PM

care to offer a little etymology on the phrase "blue tears"? i've never heard it, myself.. i mean i sort of understand it from context, but google isn't helping me out much.. i just keep finding sites about some band from the 90s and emo poetry on livejournal.. nothing about where the phrase comes from..
Old 04-27-2006, 09:10 PM   #170
john dough

Bincount™: 13353

care to offer a little etymology on the phrase "blue tears"? i've never heard it, myself.. i mean i sort of understand it from context, but google isn't helping me out much.. i just keep finding sites about some band from the 90s and emo poetry on livejournal.. nothing about where the phrase comes from..
04-28-2006, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OG-Whoop

1. Blue tears
2. House of cards
4. Standing on a soapbox

ryan
hello pot, have you met kettle.

hendrix was a god, so he can kiss whoever, or whatever he wants, and thats a long e sound not i, and yes cards makes sense, since everyone know what a waste a house of cards is, but i dont here a d. and how often are these guys predictable?

doesn't GW have a cause, not that i am saying this song is about GW, but that seems to be the collective opinion, or at least somewhat so...

soap box house of cause and glass

...would made sense, im just not hearing the d. dont tell me to go get a better stereo. ive listened to it on many different formats

and pot, its

people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones

that means you shouldn't judge cuz your just as much of a moron as every one else
Old 04-28-2006, 11:04 AM   #171
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by OG-Whoop

1. Blue tears
2. House of cards
4. Standing on a soapbox

ryan
hello pot, have you met kettle.

hendrix was a god, so he can kiss whoever, or whatever he wants, and thats a long e sound not i, and yes cards makes sense, since everyone know what a waste a house of cards is, but i dont here a d. and how often are these guys predictable?

doesn't GW have a cause, not that i am saying this song is about GW, but that seems to be the collective opinion, or at least somewhat so...

soap box house of cause and glass

...would made sense, im just not hearing the d. dont tell me to go get a better stereo. ive listened to it on many different formats

and pot, its

people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones

that means you shouldn't judge cuz your just as much of a moron as every one else
OFFLINE |  
Pughwe
04-28-2006, 11:07 AM

At the 3min markish, where he is talking about the lemon juice I think the lyric goes

"You are weaping shades of indigo, got lemon juice up in your HIGH!!! EYE!!!!"

There is a definite H sound before the first one....not lemon juice up in your eye eye...
Old 04-28-2006, 11:07 AM   #172
Level 4 - Thinker

At the 3min markish, where he is talking about the lemon juice I think the lyric goes

"You are weaping shades of indigo, got lemon juice up in your HIGH!!! EYE!!!!"

There is a definite H sound before the first one....not lemon juice up in your eye eye...
OFFLINE |  
dygytylace
04-28-2006, 11:14 AM

Quote:

yes, you were born to follow, like following everyone here, and not thinking for yourself. im offering OPINIONS, just like you, and again, i here a hard K sound in your, 'shed without a reason' opinion. so, listen again , i did slow it down, and listenened, open your mind and shut your mouth, its easier to hear that way.

youve been here for 2 months, and have almost 80 posts, not gettin your needs met at home bud?
Old 04-28-2006, 11:14 AM   #173
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:

yes, you were born to follow, like following everyone here, and not thinking for yourself. im offering OPINIONS, just like you, and again, i here a hard K sound in your, 'shed without a reason' opinion. so, listen again , i did slow it down, and listenened, open your mind and shut your mouth, its easier to hear that way.

youve been here for 2 months, and have almost 80 posts, not gettin your needs met at home bud?
OFFLINE |  
grady's Avatar grady
04-28-2006, 12:26 PM

Are you people retarded. We've had this album long enough to have a better idea. I think I'm pretty damn close on all the lyrics, but checked in here figuring you guys woulda had it a week ago.

1: "...house of cards and glass so don't go tosssin'..." (House of cause!? What is a House of Cause?)

2: "...Liar, Lawyer Mirror show me/for you, what's the difference..."

3: "...ya must've been out your head..." And this one....You gotta be kidding. Hair?

Not trying to be some dickhead no-it-all...but some of you are making up word and swearing that's what he is saying.

Flame on...

grady
Old 04-28-2006, 12:26 PM   #174
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1

Are you people retarded. We've had this album long enough to have a better idea. I think I'm pretty damn close on all the lyrics, but checked in here figuring you guys woulda had it a week ago.

1: "...house of cards and glass so don't go tosssin'..." (House of cause!? What is a House of Cause?)

2: "...Liar, Lawyer Mirror show me/for you, what's the difference..."

3: "...ya must've been out your head..." And this one....You gotta be kidding. Hair?

Not trying to be some dickhead no-it-all...but some of you are making up word and swearing that's what he is saying.

Flame on...

grady
OFFLINE |  
Howard's Avatar Howard
04-28-2006, 04:52 PM

Quote:

Yes, we're here to discuss opinions, but the same way you felt in the right to say that I was high, and deaf, I think I could say whatever I want about your deaf opinion, now go wash your ears, calm down, then admit that "house of cause theory" is bullshit.
Old 04-28-2006, 04:52 PM   #175

Quote:

Yes, we're here to discuss opinions, but the same way you felt in the right to say that I was high, and deaf, I think I could say whatever I want about your deaf opinion, now go wash your ears, calm down, then admit that "house of cause theory" is bullshit.
OFFLINE |  
JoeyVWEA
04-29-2006, 01:31 AM

Gosh this song kicks ass!
Old 04-29-2006, 01:31 AM   #176
Level 3 - Talker

Gosh this song kicks ass!
OFFLINE |  
emf's Avatar emf
04-29-2006, 04:15 AM

definitely kangaroo court
Old 04-29-2006, 04:15 AM   #177
emf
Level 4 - Thinker

definitely kangaroo court
OFFLINE |  
MacFoley's Avatar MacFoley
04-29-2006, 06:55 AM

Who are you to wave your finger?
Ya' must have been out your head
EYE HOLE deep in muddy waters
You practically raised the dead

Rob the grave, to snow the cradle
Then burn the evidence down
Soapbox,house of cards,and glass
So don't go tossin' your stones around

You must have been high
You must have been high
You must have been

Foot in mouth, and head up ASS
SO WHATCHA talkin' 'bout?
Difficult to dance 'round this one
'til you pull it out, boy!

You must have been, so high

Steal, borrow, refer, save your shady inference
KING GURU done hung the juror with the innocent

Now will you weep or, CHANGE THE CHOSEN INTO GOLD
GOT LEMON JUICE UP IN YOUR EYE

When you pissed all over my black kettle
You must have been high, high
Who are you to wave your finger? So full of it
Eyeballs deep in muddy waters
Fuckin' hypocrite

Liar, lawyer, mirror, show me
What's the difference?
KING GURU done hung the guilty with the innocent

NOW!!
Will you weep or CHANGE THE CHOSEN INTO GOLD
You musta been!

So who are you to wave your finger?
Who are you to wave your MIGHTY fingers at me?
You must, have been, out your, mind!

Reefer chased off indigo
Trapped without a reason
Reefer chased off indigo

Liar, lawyer,
Mirror for ya,
What's the difference?
King Guru be stoned
He's guilty as the government

NOW
EYE

Now when you pissed all over my black kettle
You musta been high, high, high, high
YOU'RE balls deep in muddy waters
Ganja Police, you must, have been, out your mind!!!!
Old 04-29-2006, 06:55 AM   #178

You must have been high
You must have been high
You must have been

Fuckin' hypocrite

What's the difference?

NOW!!
You musta been!

Reefer chased off indigo
Trapped without a reason
Reefer chased off indigo

Liar, lawyer,
Mirror for ya,
What's the difference?
King Guru be stoned

NOW
EYE

OFFLINE |  
drumtool
04-29-2006, 07:17 AM

it is hair at the beginning im not listening to a leak and i have a fair enough sound system,
and the song is about deception it makes perfect sense.........
Old 04-29-2006, 07:17 AM   #179
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

it is hair at the beginning im not listening to a leak and i have a fair enough sound system,
and the song is about deception it makes perfect sense.........
OFFLINE |  
Howard's Avatar Howard
04-29-2006, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacFoley

You must have been high
You must have been high
You must have been

Fuckin' hypocrite

What's the difference?

NOW!!
You musta been!

Reefer chased off indigo
Trapped without a reason
Reefer chased off indigo

Liar, lawyer,
Mirror for ya,
What's the difference?
King Guru be stoned

NOW
EYE

Your version seems to fit, except for the King Guru.
But I don't know if it's correct.
Old 04-29-2006, 01:55 PM   #180

Quote:

You must have been high
You must have been high
You must have been

Fuckin' hypocrite

What's the difference?

NOW!!
You musta been!

Reefer chased off indigo
Trapped without a reason
Reefer chased off indigo

Liar, lawyer,
Mirror for ya,
What's the difference?
King Guru be stoned

NOW
EYE

Your version seems to fit, except for the King Guru.
But I don't know if it's correct.
OFFLINE |  
flipmojo's Avatar flipmojo
04-29-2006, 07:35 PM

I combined the last two sets of complete lyrics that were posted. Hopefully this brings them together and makes the lyrics even more accurate.

THE POT

Who are you to wave your finger
You must’ve been out your head
Eyehole deep in muddy waters

Rob the grave to snow the cradle
Soapbox house of cards and glass so
Don’t go tossin’ your stones around

You must’ve been high
You must’ve been high
You must’ve been

Foot in mouth and head up ass
So whatcha talkin ‘bout
Difficult to dance ‘round this one
’Till you pull it out, boy

You must’ve been so high
You must’ve been so high

Steal, borrow reefer
Save your shady inference
Kangaroo done hung the juror
With the innocent
Now, you’re weeping shades of chosen indigo
Got a lemon juice up in your eye
You must’ve been high, high

So full of it
Fuckin hypocrite
Liar, lawyer, mirror show me
What’s the difference?
Kangaroo done hung the guilty
With the innocent
Got a lemon juice up in your high eye
You must’ve been…

So who are you to wave your finger
Who are you to wave your fatty fingers at me
You must have been out of your mind

Weeping shades of indigo
Trapped without a reason
Weeping shades of indigo

Liar, lawyer, mirror for ya
What's the difference?
Kangaroo, he’s stoned
He’s guilty, ask the government
Got a lemon juice up in your eye, eye
You must’ve been high, high, high, high
Your balls deep in muddy waters
Ganja Police! You must have been out your mind!!

Last edited by flipmojo; 04-29-2006 at 07:42 PM..
Old 04-29-2006, 07:35 PM   #181
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 31

I combined the last two sets of complete lyrics that were posted. Hopefully this brings them together and makes the lyrics even more accurate.

THE POT

You must’ve been out your head
Eyehole deep in muddy waters

Don’t go tossin’ your stones around

You must’ve been high
You must’ve been high
You must’ve been

So whatcha talkin ‘bout
Difficult to dance ‘round this one
’Till you pull it out, boy

You must’ve been so high
You must’ve been so high

Steal, borrow reefer
Save your shady inference
Kangaroo done hung the juror
With the innocent
Got a lemon juice up in your eye

So full of it
Fuckin hypocrite
Liar, lawyer, mirror show me
What’s the difference?
Kangaroo done hung the guilty
With the innocent
Got a lemon juice up in your high eye
You must’ve been…

So who are you to wave your finger
Who are you to wave your fatty fingers at me
You must have been out of your mind

Weeping shades of indigo
Trapped without a reason
Weeping shades of indigo

Liar, lawyer, mirror for ya
What's the difference?
Kangaroo, he’s stoned
He’s guilty, ask the government
Got a lemon juice up in your eye, eye
You must’ve been high, high, high, high
Your balls deep in muddy waters
Ganja Police! You must have been out your mind!!

Last edited by flipmojo; 04-29-2006 at 07:42 PM..
OFFLINE |  
Pughwe
04-29-2006, 09:52 PM

I think that last post is the closest so far definitely, the only parts that i am still not 100% on is the ganja police.... "Can't drop all lies!" or something like that. I really don't know what he is saying but ganja police just, in my mind doesn't fit. Just based on the message of the song. I know i am mentally retarded though. It could be somthing else or ganja police could be right, but as i stated i really don't think so.
Old 04-29-2006, 09:52 PM   #182
Level 4 - Thinker

I think that last post is the closest so far definitely, the only parts that i am still not 100% on is the ganja police.... "Can't drop all lies!" or something like that. I really don't know what he is saying but ganja police just, in my mind doesn't fit. Just based on the message of the song. I know i am mentally retarded though. It could be somthing else or ganja police could be right, but as i stated i really don't think so.
OFFLINE |  
04-30-2006, 01:28 AM

flipmojo,yeah i think both our set of yrics are the closest yet.

but it is head, you can clearly hear him say very slightly.

kangaroo? i dont know, that doesnt really make sense for me, but then again it could be.

king guru does make more sense.

reefer chased off indigo? haha ill have to listen to that part again............
Old 04-30-2006, 01:28 AM   #183

kangaroo? i dont know, that doesnt really make sense for me, but then again it could be.

reefer chased off indigo? haha ill have to listen to that part again............
OFFLINE |  
Hanover_Fist
04-30-2006, 05:01 AM

I agree with "You're balls deep in muddy waters" but think you all should consider "Gotcha wit' lies" for the next line. Seems to fit better than "Ganja police" trying to rhyme with lice.
Old 04-30-2006, 05:01 AM   #184
Level 3 - Talker

I agree with "You're balls deep in muddy waters" but think you all should consider "Gotcha wit' lies" for the next line. Seems to fit better than "Ganja police" trying to rhyme with lice.
OFFLINE |  
tiryth's Avatar tiryth
04-30-2006, 06:23 AM

Weeping shades of indigo
Trapped without a reason
Weeping shades of indigo

that makes no sense buddy? - sorry.

also its guilty AS the government, not ASK

fatty fingers is muddy fingers (aka OILY fingers)

mud=oil

and it IS kangaroo, not King guru -

kangaroo court - google it
Old 04-30-2006, 06:23 AM   #185

Weeping shades of indigo
Trapped without a reason
Weeping shades of indigo

mud=oil

OFFLINE |  
04-30-2006, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiryth
Weeping shades of indigo
Trapped without a reason
Weeping shades of indigo

mud=oil

Reefer chased off indigo - i think this is the line because reefer takes away the feeling of feeling "blue" which is indigo, so smoke the reefer you wont feel down.

and thanks for the kangaroo court tip!

funny though, it does sound like both-king guru and kangaroo.
Old 04-30-2006, 07:45 AM   #186

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiryth
Weeping shades of indigo
Trapped without a reason
Weeping shades of indigo

mud=oil

Reefer chased off indigo - i think this is the line because reefer takes away the feeling of feeling "blue" which is indigo, so smoke the reefer you wont feel down.

and thanks for the kangaroo court tip!

funny though, it does sound like both-king guru and kangaroo.
OFFLINE |  
14thDosage
04-30-2006, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skatterd
You must've been out your hair
Eye-hole deep in muddy waters

Dont go tossing your stones around

You must've been high
You must've been high
You must've been

So what ya talking bout?
Difficult to dance round this one
'Till you pull it out, boy

You must've been so high
You must've been so high

Steal, borrow, reap and save your shady inference
Kangaroo done hung the jury with the innocent

Now you're weeping shades of chosen indigo
Got lemon juice up in your eye
You must've been high, high

Eyeballs deep in muddy waters, fucking hypocrite
Liar, lawyer, mirror, show me, whats the difference?
Kangaroo done hung the guilty with the innocent

You must've been

Who are you to wave your fatty fingers at me?
You must have been out your mind

Weeping shades of indigo
Trapped without a reason
Weeping shades of indigo

Liar, lawyer, mirror, for you, whats the difference?
Kangaroo be stoned, he's guilty as the government

Got lemon juice up in your eye, eye
You must've been high, high, high, high

Elbows deep in muddy waters
Catch up with lies
I think this is the most accurate interpretation here, except that "Catch up with lies" sounds to me more like "Ganja Please!" or "Ganja Police!"

EDIT: Also after alot of listens I'm almost 100% sure it's "Steal, borrow, reefer save your shady inference"
Old 04-30-2006, 10:10 AM   #187
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skatterd
You must've been out your hair
Eye-hole deep in muddy waters

Dont go tossing your stones around

You must've been high
You must've been high
You must've been

So what ya talking bout?
Difficult to dance round this one
'Till you pull it out, boy

You must've been so high
You must've been so high

Steal, borrow, reap and save your shady inference
Kangaroo done hung the jury with the innocent

Eyeballs deep in muddy waters, fucking hypocrite
Kangaroo done hung the guilty with the innocent

You must've been

Who are you to wave your fatty fingers at me?

Weeping shades of indigo
Trapped without a reason
Weeping shades of indigo

Liar, lawyer, mirror, for you, whats the difference?
Kangaroo be stoned, he's guilty as the government

Got lemon juice up in your eye, eye
You must've been high, high, high, high

Elbows deep in muddy waters
Catch up with lies
I think this is the most accurate interpretation here, except that "Catch up with lies" sounds to me more like "Ganja Please!" or "Ganja Police!"

EDIT: Also after alot of listens I'm almost 100% sure it's "Steal, borrow, reefer save your shady inference"
OFFLINE |  
Boston Crab
04-30-2006, 03:38 PM

I second:
"Foot in mouth and head up AssHOLE;
What you talkin' 'bout."

"Who are you to wave your flabby finger at me."

That's what I heard. Nice work whoever deciphered the "Piss on my black kettle" line, I was way off...

Last edited by Boston Crab; 04-30-2006 at 03:42 PM..
Old 04-30-2006, 03:38 PM   #188
Level 2 - Poster

I second:
"Foot in mouth and head up AssHOLE;
What you talkin' 'bout."

"Who are you to wave your flabby finger at me."

That's what I heard. Nice work whoever deciphered the "Piss on my black kettle" line, I was way off...

Last edited by Boston Crab; 04-30-2006 at 03:42 PM..
OFFLINE |  
flipmojo's Avatar flipmojo
04-30-2006, 03:55 PM

I really liked the idea of "Ganja Police" because it made me laugh my ass off. LOL.

But the more I listen to it, the more it sounds like "Ganja? Please!" It sounds like he is saying "Puh-lease" - in a way that means "You must be joking." You can definitely hear the 'G' in Ganja. I'm pretty sure it is Ganja something. Ganja Police seems a bit too off the wall. But it is hilarious.

I'm going with "Ganja? Puh-lease! You must have been out your mind!"
04/14/1994 Orlando, FL; 03/11/1997 San Antonio, TX; 08/07/1998 Austin, TX; 10/11/2001 Orlando, FL; 08/04/2002 Estero, FL; 08/05/2002 Daytona Beach, FL; 05/31/2007 Orlando; 06/01/07 Sunrise, FL; 06/02/07 Jacksonville, FL
Old 04-30-2006, 03:55 PM   #189
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 31

I really liked the idea of "Ganja Police" because it made me laugh my ass off. LOL.

But the more I listen to it, the more it sounds like "Ganja? Please!" It sounds like he is saying "Puh-lease" - in a way that means "You must be joking." You can definitely hear the 'G' in Ganja. I'm pretty sure it is Ganja something. Ganja Police seems a bit too off the wall. But it is hilarious.

I'm going with "Ganja? Puh-lease! You must have been out your mind!"
04/14/1994 Orlando, FL; 03/11/1997 San Antonio, TX; 08/07/1998 Austin, TX; 10/11/2001 Orlando, FL; 08/04/2002 Estero, FL; 08/05/2002 Daytona Beach, FL; 05/31/2007 Orlando; 06/01/07 Sunrise, FL; 06/02/07 Jacksonville, FL
OFFLINE |  
Triangular_Vision's Avatar Triangular_Vision
04-30-2006, 06:45 PM

2.00 in

who are you to wave your finger, so full of it
eye balls deep in muddy waters
fucking hippocrite
liar lawer mirror show me
whats the difference?

king of rome hung the guilty with the innocent?

[theres an extra syllable that sounds like "king of rome done hung" or something... im probably waay off...]

Last edited by Triangular_Vision; 04-30-2006 at 06:51 PM..
Old 04-30-2006, 06:45 PM   #190
Banned.

2.00 in

who are you to wave your finger, so full of it
eye balls deep in muddy waters
fucking hippocrite
liar lawer mirror show me
whats the difference?

king of rome hung the guilty with the innocent?

[theres an extra syllable that sounds like "king of rome done hung" or something... im probably waay off...]

Last edited by Triangular_Vision; 04-30-2006 at 06:51 PM..
OFFLINE |  
NoVestal
04-30-2006, 09:03 PM

It's hair. Whether he means head or hair, it is in fact hair. He may have meant head, it does ryhme with dead, but it is hair. The D does not exist. It makes sense as someone has already said, you get high and you wig out. I wanted it to be head. I wanted it to ryhme, but it just is not head.

Who here pronounces police - Pole-eyes? It's not police, and it's not ganja police. I think it's a matter of you putting something in which simply is not there just because you smoke the ganja.

I'm still not convinced its "catch up with lies" but that's what it sounds like. It does not sound like ganja police.

Rob the grave to snow the cradle - I believe this is referring to using dead voters to win the presidency so this admin can then bullshit the younger generation who was not yet indoctrinated into the lies. There are actually people who think global warming is a lie. Jeez.

You're balls/both deep in muddy waters - (both could refer to Bush and Saddam, cause face it, Saddam is a fuckhead. Bush is too, but Saddam is as well, hence the pot calling the kettle black)

I just wish we weren't lied to all the time by our government. It makes it impossible to trust them without just throwing reason out the window. "I believe Bush cause he's a born again christian like me." Oh the rationale. Or worse but understandable, "I believe because to not believe is to face a reality to complicated and dark for me to deal with." I hate what politics is, but I try to find it amusing. </soapbox>

Last edited by NoVestal; 04-30-2006 at 09:05 PM..
Old 04-30-2006, 09:03 PM   #191
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

It's hair. Whether he means head or hair, it is in fact hair. He may have meant head, it does ryhme with dead, but it is hair. The D does not exist. It makes sense as someone has already said, you get high and you wig out. I wanted it to be head. I wanted it to ryhme, but it just is not head.

Who here pronounces police - Pole-eyes? It's not police, and it's not ganja police. I think it's a matter of you putting something in which simply is not there just because you smoke the ganja.

I'm still not convinced its "catch up with lies" but that's what it sounds like. It does not sound like ganja police.

Rob the grave to snow the cradle - I believe this is referring to using dead voters to win the presidency so this admin can then bullshit the younger generation who was not yet indoctrinated into the lies. There are actually people who think global warming is a lie. Jeez.

You're balls/both deep in muddy waters - (both could refer to Bush and Saddam, cause face it, Saddam is a fuckhead. Bush is too, but Saddam is as well, hence the pot calling the kettle black)

I just wish we weren't lied to all the time by our government. It makes it impossible to trust them without just throwing reason out the window. "I believe Bush cause he's a born again christian like me." Oh the rationale. Or worse but understandable, "I believe because to not believe is to face a reality to complicated and dark for me to deal with." I hate what politics is, but I try to find it amusing. </soapbox>

Last edited by NoVestal; 04-30-2006 at 09:05 PM..
OFFLINE |  
outoolcoe
04-30-2006, 09:03 PM

at 5:53 i think he is saying "you're balls deep in muddy waters".
anyone else hear this?
Old 04-30-2006, 09:03 PM   #192
Level 1 - Lurker

at 5:53 i think he is saying "you're balls deep in muddy waters".
anyone else hear this?
OFFLINE |  
smeefsmeef's Avatar smeefsmeef
04-30-2006, 10:19 PM

Quote:

I think Kangaroo makes perfect sense. The term "Kangaroo Court" means, mock justice see Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kangaroo_court
Old 04-30-2006, 10:19 PM   #193
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 6

Quote:

I think Kangaroo makes perfect sense. The term "Kangaroo Court" means, mock justice see Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kangaroo_court
04-30-2006, 10:21 PM

He says "Head"... it might not sound like it, but that's what he says.
Old 04-30-2006, 10:21 PM   #194
Level 8 - Vociferous

He says "Head"... it might not sound like it, but that's what he says.
04-30-2006, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus Knievel
I HOLD DEEP IN MUDDY WATER
At first I thought it was "elbow-deep," but now I'm pretty sure it's "EYE-HOLE deep in muddy . . .
Old 04-30-2006, 10:27 PM   #195
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus Knievel
I HOLD DEEP IN MUDDY WATER
At first I thought it was "elbow-deep," but now I'm pretty sure it's "EYE-HOLE deep in muddy . . .
04-30-2006, 10:51 PM

This is my take:

You musta been out your head.
Eye-hole deep in muddy waters,
you practically raised the dead.

then burn the evidence down.
don't go tossing your stones around.

You musta been high.
You musta been high.
You musta been ...

Foot in mouth and head up ass,
so, what ya talkin' 'bout?
till you pull it out, boy.

You musta been so high.
You musta been so high.

Steal, borrow, reefer. Save your shady inference.
Kangaroo done hung the jury with the innocent.

Now your reefer, in shades of chosen indigo,
got lemon juice up in your eye.
Oh, when you pissed all over my black kettle,
you musta been high, high.
You musta been high, high.

Who are you to wave your finger? So full of it.
Eyeballs deep in muddy waters, fucking hypocrite.
Kangaroo done hung the guilty with the innocent.

Your reefer, in shades of chosen indigo,
got lemon juice up in your eye, eye.
you musta been ...

Who are you to wave your many fingers at me?
You must have been out your mind.

Reefer in shades of indigo,
trapped without a reason.
Reefer in shades of indigo ...

Liar, lawyer, mirror, for ya, whats the difference?
Kangaroo be stoned, he's guilty, ask the government.

Now, while your reefer, in shades of chosen indigo,
got lemon juice up in your eye, eye
you musta been high, high, high, high.

Eyeballs deep in muddy waters.
Your balls deep in muddy waters.
Ganga police.

I think we're almost there. Hopefully 'Nard will post the real lyrics, eventually.
Old 04-30-2006, 10:51 PM   #196
Level 8 - Vociferous

This is my take:

You musta been high.
You musta been high.
You musta been ...

You musta been so high.
You musta been so high.

you musta been ...

Ganga police.

I think we're almost there. Hopefully 'Nard will post the real lyrics, eventually.
05-01-2006, 07:48 AM

Of course it's head, good grief, just because he doesn't pronounce it "hedd" doesn't mean it's anything but 'head'.
The phrase "get out of my hair" is saying "go away, you're annoying me", the phrase "get out of my head" means "I am going to be not thinking rationally".

"You must have been out of your hair" would mean "you must have stopped annoying yourself", which whilst it would make sense, doesn't when you think of the context of the song.
"You must have been out of your head" would mean "You must have stopped thinking rationally". In other words, "For you to be accusing me of something that you yourself have done, you must have stopped thinking rationally."

There are some other lines I might have a different interpretation to compared to the ones posted but I went past The Pot, am listening to Rosetta Stoned and am loathe to stop and go back :D.
Old 05-01-2006, 07:48 AM   #197
Level 7 - Loquacious

Of course it's head, good grief, just because he doesn't pronounce it "hedd" doesn't mean it's anything but 'head'.
The phrase "get out of my hair" is saying "go away, you're annoying me", the phrase "get out of my head" means "I am going to be not thinking rationally".

"You must have been out of your hair" would mean "you must have stopped annoying yourself", which whilst it would make sense, doesn't when you think of the context of the song.
"You must have been out of your head" would mean "You must have stopped thinking rationally". In other words, "For you to be accusing me of something that you yourself have done, you must have stopped thinking rationally."

There are some other lines I might have a different interpretation to compared to the ones posted but I went past The Pot, am listening to Rosetta Stoned and am loathe to stop and go back :D.
05-01-2006, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smeefsmeef
This is my take:

You musta been high.
You musta been high.
You musta been ...

You musta been so high.
You musta been so high.

you musta been ...

Ganga police.

Instead of "Ganja Police" I believe it's "Brand ya with lies"....
Old 05-01-2006, 08:21 AM   #198
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by smeefsmeef
This is my take:

You musta been high.
You musta been high.
You musta been ...

You musta been so high.
You musta been so high.

you musta been ...

Ganga police.

OFFLINE |  
smeefsmeef's Avatar smeefsmeef
05-01-2006, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by undertow39
I don't hear that at all. It makes sense, but I hear a "G" instead of a "Br"
Old 05-01-2006, 10:17 AM   #199
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
Originally Posted by undertow39
I don't hear that at all. It makes sense, but I hear a "G" instead of a "Br"
05-01-2006, 01:52 PM

i dont know why, but im still not sold on the "kangaroo" parts
Old 05-01-2006, 01:52 PM   #200
Level 1 - Lurker

i dont know why, but im still not sold on the "kangaroo" parts
OFFLINE |  

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread