Password
kanaduh
01-16-2016, 09:09 PM

Old 01-16-2016, 09:09 PM   #1
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 45
Jan 16th - Tulsa

01-17-2016, 12:14 AM

17th tool show......it was TOOL, they were great, and I loved every minute of it. I sat Sec. 120, the first section off the floor catty corner from the stage. Sound was awesome, very loud, the band was tight. Aside from a sound issue that cut the volume for half of Dannys solo coming back from intermission (the whole middle of it) heard the first minute and the last minute, I thought they were flawless. I concur with what has been said this tour that Maynards vocals are turned up more so than in the past and he sounded great from my seat. I enjoyed that...The spotlight was one the musicians (minus Maynard) for the bulk of the evening. I was glad to hear No Quarter and Sweat live for the first time and was very pleased to hear The Grudge again. I think the highlights for the crowd seem to be Aenima, 46 & 2, and Stinkfist.

I will say I thought this was the least "visuals" show Ive seen from them in sometime. There were no real wow moments after seeing what came with Lateralus in '14. THe seemed to add a new piece of visual after each song...The videos for the songs played accompanied them in the background and outside that I thought it was rather generic feeling. Im not complaining because it seemed to bring more focus to the band. They are all so great together. I knew what setlist was coming and Im used to right at 90 minutes but it did feel short. When I walked out I thought we had been shorted Vicarious, but it wasnt on the list we got and shouldve been expected. No quarter didnt feel as long as it is on Salival and I thought Descending would last a bit longer. You never want it to end, but it did feel shorter than usual. They were relentless straight through to intermission, it was like getting on a ride and it took off with no time to catch your breath...so as I started...like a tool. Very happy to see them again, "I missed them so much." After the show ended Maynard gave a quick "peace" and was out quickly, didnt engage the other guys for a quick group hug. The others gave their usual wave goodbyes and hugged one another one on one, no group among this time.

Maynardisms: After No Quarter...Maynard: Boomer! Crowd: SOONER!!!!! Maynard: and thats how we fucking do Oklahoma!

Maynard: Theres only 2 things I can say about Oklahoma....1. My wife is from here....2. (Paraphrasing dont have it exact) if we started falling off in the ocean you all could just catch a tornado and move on to higher ground....what Im saying is yall are some tough motherfuckers, unlike LA........(launch into Aenima)

Just before Stinkfist...so tonight was a pretty good night....Arizona beat Green Bay in overtime, the Chiefs lost, but Im not sure if you all care...but Im glad we got to have this little talk....thank you goodnight....launched in to Stinkfist....

This show wasnt in my top 5, but its hard to get in there....1st time I seen them in 96 (maynard twerking and screaming his ass off), the contortionists on ropes tour show/ salival pushit version you lied show (think they may be one and the same), sitting dead center 2nd row floor with 12 friends in the same row (it was Justins birthday and he guzzled a beer between every song, mayanrd handed us (directly) a trashbag full of popcorn to celebrate, the small veteran memorial show in KC to launch 10000 days will all remain in infamy...yet I still left tonight WANTING MORE, no NEEDING IT....we need a new album bad....and I still might drive to KC on Wednesday to see them again lol. I hope everyone enjoys them over the coming days! Cheers everyone, thanks for reading!
12/15/96-Tulsa, OK, Brady Theater--3/7/97-Wichita, KS, The Cotillion--8/11/98-Oklahoma City, OK, T&T Building--10/23/01-Oklahoma City, OK, The Myriad--7/25/02-Tulsa, OK, Expo Pavilion--10/16/02-Kansas City, MO, Kemper Arena--11/16/02-Oklahoma City, OK, Cox Convention Center--5/11/06-Kansas City, MO, Memorial Hall--9/15/06-Kansas City, MO,Kemper Arena--5/19/07-Oklahoma City, OK,Ford Center--11/19/07-Tulsa, OK,Tulsa Convention Center--7/24/09-San Antonio, TX, AT&T Center--6/23/10-Oklahoma City, OK, Ford Center --1/20/12 SOLD A FAKE TICKET (THAT MF'R!!!)Grand Prairie, TX, Verizon Theatre--1/21/12 (LEGIT)-Grand Prairie, TX, Verizon Theatre--3/24/14-Austin, TX, Cedar Park Center--1/16/16 Tulsa, OK, BOK Center--10/28/16-Little Rock, AR, Verizon Arena

Last edited by alicetooljam; 01-17-2016 at 12:16 AM..
Old 01-17-2016, 12:14 AM   #2
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 13
Re: Jan 16th - Tulsa

17th tool show......it was TOOL, they were great, and I loved every minute of it. I sat Sec. 120, the first section off the floor catty corner from the stage. Sound was awesome, very loud, the band was tight. Aside from a sound issue that cut the volume for half of Dannys solo coming back from intermission (the whole middle of it) heard the first minute and the last minute, I thought they were flawless. I concur with what has been said this tour that Maynards vocals are turned up more so than in the past and he sounded great from my seat. I enjoyed that...The spotlight was one the musicians (minus Maynard) for the bulk of the evening. I was glad to hear No Quarter and Sweat live for the first time and was very pleased to hear The Grudge again. I think the highlights for the crowd seem to be Aenima, 46 & 2, and Stinkfist.

I will say I thought this was the least "visuals" show Ive seen from them in sometime. There were no real wow moments after seeing what came with Lateralus in '14. THe seemed to add a new piece of visual after each song...The videos for the songs played accompanied them in the background and outside that I thought it was rather generic feeling. Im not complaining because it seemed to bring more focus to the band. They are all so great together. I knew what setlist was coming and Im used to right at 90 minutes but it did feel short. When I walked out I thought we had been shorted Vicarious, but it wasnt on the list we got and shouldve been expected. No quarter didnt feel as long as it is on Salival and I thought Descending would last a bit longer. You never want it to end, but it did feel shorter than usual. They were relentless straight through to intermission, it was like getting on a ride and it took off with no time to catch your breath...so as I started...like a tool. Very happy to see them again, "I missed them so much." After the show ended Maynard gave a quick "peace" and was out quickly, didnt engage the other guys for a quick group hug. The others gave their usual wave goodbyes and hugged one another one on one, no group among this time.

Maynardisms: After No Quarter...Maynard: Boomer! Crowd: SOONER!!!!! Maynard: and thats how we fucking do Oklahoma!

Maynard: Theres only 2 things I can say about Oklahoma....1. My wife is from here....2. (Paraphrasing dont have it exact) if we started falling off in the ocean you all could just catch a tornado and move on to higher ground....what Im saying is yall are some tough motherfuckers, unlike LA........(launch into Aenima)

Just before Stinkfist...so tonight was a pretty good night....Arizona beat Green Bay in overtime, the Chiefs lost, but Im not sure if you all care...but Im glad we got to have this little talk....thank you goodnight....launched in to Stinkfist....

This show wasnt in my top 5, but its hard to get in there....1st time I seen them in 96 (maynard twerking and screaming his ass off), the contortionists on ropes tour show/ salival pushit version you lied show (think they may be one and the same), sitting dead center 2nd row floor with 12 friends in the same row (it was Justins birthday and he guzzled a beer between every song, mayanrd handed us (directly) a trashbag full of popcorn to celebrate, the small veteran memorial show in KC to launch 10000 days will all remain in infamy...yet I still left tonight WANTING MORE, no NEEDING IT....we need a new album bad....and I still might drive to KC on Wednesday to see them again lol. I hope everyone enjoys them over the coming days! Cheers everyone, thanks for reading!
12/15/96-Tulsa, OK, Brady Theater--3/7/97-Wichita, KS, The Cotillion--8/11/98-Oklahoma City, OK, T&T Building--10/23/01-Oklahoma City, OK, The Myriad--7/25/02-Tulsa, OK, Expo Pavilion--10/16/02-Kansas City, MO, Kemper Arena--11/16/02-Oklahoma City, OK, Cox Convention Center--5/11/06-Kansas City, MO, Memorial Hall--9/15/06-Kansas City, MO,Kemper Arena--5/19/07-Oklahoma City, OK,Ford Center--11/19/07-Tulsa, OK,Tulsa Convention Center--7/24/09-San Antonio, TX, AT&T Center--6/23/10-Oklahoma City, OK, Ford Center --1/20/12 SOLD A FAKE TICKET (THAT MF'R!!!)Grand Prairie, TX, Verizon Theatre--1/21/12 (LEGIT)-Grand Prairie, TX, Verizon Theatre--3/24/14-Austin, TX, Cedar Park Center--1/16/16 Tulsa, OK, BOK Center--10/28/16-Little Rock, AR, Verizon Arena

Last edited by alicetooljam; 01-17-2016 at 12:16 AM..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Tantobourne
01-17-2016, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicetooljam View Post
17th tool show
nice. thanks for the write up!
Old 01-17-2016, 06:26 AM   #3
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicetooljam View Post
17th tool show
nice. thanks for the write up!
01-17-2016, 07:05 AM

When California falls off the face off the earth y'all are gonna hitch a ride on a tornado to the beach
08/30/06 Englewood,CO Coors Ampitheater, 05/08/2007 Albuquerque,NM Tingley Coliseum, 11/19/2007 Tulsa,OK Tulsa Convention Center,07/18/09 Denver,CO MileHighMusicFestival, 06/23/10 Oklahoma City,OK Ford Center, 06/28/10 Morrison,CO Red Rocks, 01/20/12 Grand Prairie,TX Verizon Theater, 01/21/12 Grand Prairie, TX Verizon Theater, 01/16/2016 Tulsa, OK BOK Center, 10/26/2016 Denver, CO Pepsi Center, 10/28/2016 Little Rock,AR Verizon Arena, 05/13/2019 St. Louis, MO Enterprise Arena, 05/14/2019 Kansas City, MO Sprint Center, 10/29/2019 BOK Center Tulsa,OK, 01/30/2022 Tulsa, OK BOK Center, 10/03/23 Loveland, CO Budweiser Event Center

Last edited by damnfool; 01-17-2016 at 07:06 AM..
Old 01-17-2016, 07:05 AM   #4
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 0

When California falls off the face off the earth y'all are gonna hitch a ride on a tornado to the beach
08/30/06 Englewood,CO Coors Ampitheater, 05/08/2007 Albuquerque,NM Tingley Coliseum, 11/19/2007 Tulsa,OK Tulsa Convention Center,07/18/09 Denver,CO MileHighMusicFestival, 06/23/10 Oklahoma City,OK Ford Center, 06/28/10 Morrison,CO Red Rocks, 01/20/12 Grand Prairie,TX Verizon Theater, 01/21/12 Grand Prairie, TX Verizon Theater, 01/16/2016 Tulsa, OK BOK Center, 10/26/2016 Denver, CO Pepsi Center, 10/28/2016 Little Rock,AR Verizon Arena, 05/13/2019 St. Louis, MO Enterprise Arena, 05/14/2019 Kansas City, MO Sprint Center, 10/29/2019 BOK Center Tulsa,OK, 01/30/2022 Tulsa, OK BOK Center, 10/03/23 Loveland, CO Budweiser Event Center

Last edited by damnfool; 01-17-2016 at 07:06 AM..
damnfool's Avatar damnfool
01-18-2016, 04:50 PM

Since I've had a day or two to process everything guess I'll make a review. My 9th show and as always it was great. Got to see a few songs I've never seen live. No quarter, the grudge, sweat, whatever the jam is that is a new song now is called. As other reviews have said it does seem the vocals are turned up compared to previous tours and it sounds lovely. Only sound glitch at all was during Danny's drum solo. Synth and everything worked at the beginning and then it was like the mics for the drums dropped out. I was sitting 2nd row dead center in the stands(just high enough to easily see over the entire floor crowd) you could still hear the drums when they weren't mic'd from there. That has to be so damn loud up close. They got the issue fixed a couple minutes into the solo. Was kinda upset not seeing lateralus because that song is just a spiritual experience in itself live. I think the "I'm praying for rain" part in aenema is taking over that spot for me though. That breakdown right there and the way the lighting hits on that part just makes you wanna tilt your head back raise your arms and just soak in the moment. Great show overall sure wish it was about 30-45min longer but you know what you're getting when you walk in if you've seen them before. Maynard was pretty talkative too and pretty animated. I don't know how you can perform wearing leather riot gear, helmet and all and not pass the fuck out. I was wearing a hoody and was hot. Try and remember what all Maynard said. He said "Boomer!" Crowd responded Sooner! And he said that's how we do it in fucking Oklahoma. Paraphrasing but something along the lines of when California is all fossil fuels and falls off the face of the earth you people in Oklahoma are gonna hitch a ride on a tornado straight to the beach. Also said "my wife's from Oklahoma, yes I said wife. All you cougars go back to your holes." Said Oklahomans are some tough motherfuckers. Told us Green Bay had just lost to Arizona right after coming back from internission. Told us Danny was sad the Chiefs lost and then something along the lines of if anybody have a shit about any of that cause he didn't. Well this seems like a rambling shit post now but the review department seems a little lacking this go round.
Old 01-18-2016, 04:50 PM   #5
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 0

Since I've had a day or two to process everything guess I'll make a review. My 9th show and as always it was great. Got to see a few songs I've never seen live. No quarter, the grudge, sweat, whatever the jam is that is a new song now is called. As other reviews have said it does seem the vocals are turned up compared to previous tours and it sounds lovely. Only sound glitch at all was during Danny's drum solo. Synth and everything worked at the beginning and then it was like the mics for the drums dropped out. I was sitting 2nd row dead center in the stands(just high enough to easily see over the entire floor crowd) you could still hear the drums when they weren't mic'd from there. That has to be so damn loud up close. They got the issue fixed a couple minutes into the solo. Was kinda upset not seeing lateralus because that song is just a spiritual experience in itself live. I think the "I'm praying for rain" part in aenema is taking over that spot for me though. That breakdown right there and the way the lighting hits on that part just makes you wanna tilt your head back raise your arms and just soak in the moment. Great show overall sure wish it was about 30-45min longer but you know what you're getting when you walk in if you've seen them before. Maynard was pretty talkative too and pretty animated. I don't know how you can perform wearing leather riot gear, helmet and all and not pass the fuck out. I was wearing a hoody and was hot. Try and remember what all Maynard said. He said "Boomer!" Crowd responded Sooner! And he said that's how we do it in fucking Oklahoma. Paraphrasing but something along the lines of when California is all fossil fuels and falls off the face of the earth you people in Oklahoma are gonna hitch a ride on a tornado straight to the beach. Also said "my wife's from Oklahoma, yes I said wife. All you cougars go back to your holes." Said Oklahomans are some tough motherfuckers. Told us Green Bay had just lost to Arizona right after coming back from internission. Told us Danny was sad the Chiefs lost and then something along the lines of if anybody have a shit about any of that cause he didn't. Well this seems like a rambling shit post now but the review department seems a little lacking this go round.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply