opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Ænima
User Name
Password
Old 09-24-2014, 04:15 AM   #1
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Is Tool - Aenima (lenticular version) still available?

I am cd collector and I want to have Tool - Aenima with that lenticular stuff. I know there are 2 versions : shitty one (not even song list on the back cover) , lenticular one (******* cool). I just dont know how to find out which one is that lenticular one while ordering. Can you post me the code of this version ? You know that one which on discogs is used to find versions of albums. Thank you.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 10:11 AM   #2
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 89
Re: Is Tool - Aenima (lenticular version) still available?

My copy of AEnima that I bought 6 or 7 years ago (holy shit, I had to check my math on that, I didn't realize it was so long for me!) has a lenticular cover and a plain back with the eye on it, no listing of the song list. I've never seen a copy of AEnima that did not offer the lenticular image at least on the front (including the entirety of the booklet, of course, once you've fiddled with it some and seen all the various images that will be affected once viewed through the front). Your post leads me to believe there is a copy of the AEnima release that features the lenticular stuff on both the front and back of the album case, is that true? I didn't realize that.

Tool - June 20, 2010 - A Perfect Circle - July 22, 2011 - Tool - January 21, 2012 -
Nine Inch Nails - November 5, 2013 - Skinny Puppy - January 30, 2014 - Tool - March 24, 2014 - Tool - January 13, 2016
Old 09-29-2014, 05:29 AM   #3
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiralOut34 View Post
My copy of AEnima that I bought 6 or 7 years ago (holy shit, I had to check my math on that, I didn't realize it was so long for me!) has a lenticular cover and a plain back with the eye on it, no listing of the song list. I've never seen a copy of AEnima that did not offer the lenticular image at least on the front (including the entirety of the booklet, of course, once you've fiddled with it some and seen all the various images that will be affected once viewed through the front). Your post leads me to believe there is a copy of the AEnima release that features the lenticular stuff on both the front and back of the album case, is that true? I didn't realize that.
It just arrived. Nothing is lenticular on my copy :( . Why? ..... I dont know maybe they stopped manufacturing those lenticular ones (thats what their said in store). Also the front does not have that lenticular stuff. Strange. Bit of a dissapoitment. But the main thing is there : Music ! :D
Old 09-29-2014, 05:36 AM   #4
Level 2 - Poster

Also the back cover is pure black.
Old 09-29-2014, 10:08 AM   #5
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 89

Wow, how interesting. Where are you located? I've never, ever seen a copy of AEnima like that--perhaps it is an issue of where yours was pressed. I am sorry to hear yours did not turn out the way you had expected, and I hope you one day find a copy that you enjoy!

Tool - June 20, 2010 - A Perfect Circle - July 22, 2011 - Tool - January 21, 2012 -
Nine Inch Nails - November 5, 2013 - Skinny Puppy - January 30, 2014 - Tool - March 24, 2014 - Tool - January 13, 2016
Old 10-02-2014, 10:38 AM   #6
Level 7 - Loquacious

not completely sure about this but i think i read somewhere that the standard us-version has the cool lenticular stuff while the european version was limited, i guess there were also some varying versions on the market in europe...my copy is pretty boring (compared to the lenticualr design) ;)...us-import could be the answer, driver :) peace!
Old 10-03-2014, 06:14 AM   #7
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancingflame View Post
not completely sure about this but i think i read somewhere that the standard us-version has the cool lenticular stuff while the european version was limited, i guess there were also some varying versions on the market in europe...my copy is pretty boring (compared to the lenticualr design) ;)...us-import could be the answer, driver :) peace!
Yes mine was made in EU. Thats the problem. Not only it hasnt got that lenticular stuff but I think the sound is low quality. I can do an unboxing of mine version to show you all.
Old 10-06-2014, 07:21 AM   #8
Level 7 - Loquacious

hmmm...interesting...yes if its not too much afford you could do that...i GUESS there were different european versions (i have the yoga-guy on my cd and there was another version i guess with some sigils and stuff...)...the back of my version is black and inside is the artwork with the angels and the black monster-like thing and the fake back-catalogue :) which is still very funny, i think :D but a friend has the lenticular version and its waayyyy more trippy ;)
Old 10-08-2014, 04:55 AM   #9
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancingflame View Post
hmmm...interesting...yes if its not too much afford you could do that...i GUESS there were different european versions (i have the yoga-guy on my cd and there was another version i guess with some sigils and stuff...)...the back of my version is black and inside is the artwork with the angels and the black monster-like thing and the fake back-catalogue :) which is still very funny, i think :D but a friend has the lenticular version and its waayyyy more trippy ;)
I got exactly that one which you have. Yoga guy on CD, black back cover, angels and fake catalougue :D . I wanted that lenticular one. Tomorrow i will add my video here, showing my version to others.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: