opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Live » Live Discussion
User Name
Password
Old 12-17-2011, 03:08 AM   #1
. Anthropophagite .

Bincount™: 553
02.07.12 - Orlanda, FL

Discuss pre-show matters. A review thread will open upon completion.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 06:26 PM   #2
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 02.07.12 - Orlanda, FL

Am I the only one going to this show...
Still cant believe TOOL will play 2 min from where I live. This will be my second tool show. Loving the set list so far.
Old 01-18-2012, 06:59 PM   #3
Level 2 - Poster

Im gonna be there as well. First time in 5 years tool is in FL, WOO! Im in section 105.
Old 01-18-2012, 08:19 PM   #4
Level 1 - Lurker

Im going as well, making the trip from Jacksonville so it wont be too bad. Will be my 4th show, but my first in almost 10 years so am quite excited. The setlist is looking awesome to me as well.
Ryan
Old 01-19-2012, 05:34 PM   #5
On Probation

Bincount™: 25

This will be my first tool concert, and i am going nuts!!!! i can't wait. Going by myself so i can totally act a fool, ha ha, jk. I am in section 107,its a little to the side of the stage, hope not too much to the side. from reading other posts, the graphics sound awesome.
Old 01-20-2012, 06:35 AM   #6
Level 3 - Talker

Hello everyone. This will be my first Tool show and I cannot wait. A friend is also going and it's his sixth time seeing them. I'm 51 and am afraid my "silver" hair is going to make me feel like I don't belong there. I almost bolted back into the cab when we got out for the Chili Peppers - I felt so OLD. But the music makes me feel young again.
Old 01-20-2012, 09:57 AM   #7
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScubaTwinn View Post
Hello everyone. This will be my first Tool show and I cannot wait. A friend is also going and it's his sixth time seeing them. I'm 51 and am afraid my "silver" hair is going to make me feel like I don't belong there. I almost bolted back into the cab when we got out for the Chili Peppers - I felt so OLD. But the music makes me feel young again.
No worries. Remember that you are closer in age to the band then alot of the kids attending.

These kids need to get off our lawn so we can enjoy TooL!!! (lol jk, don't flame me kids cause I am old as well.)
05 16 07 Ft. Worth TCCC, 07 25 09 Dallas AAC, 01 20 12 Grand Prairie Verizon Theater, 01 21 12 Grand Prairie Verizon Theater, 10 31 15 Tempe Lakes Monster Mash, 01 14 16 Houston Toyota Center, 01 17 16 Grand Prairie Verizon Theater,
Old 01-20-2012, 01:09 PM   #8
Level 3 - Talker

Thank you! It cannot be worse than The Foo Fighters. There's a chick outside saying to everyone who passes by "My tickets for your floor tickets. My tickets for your floor tickets." She sees us and says incredulously "You don't have floor tickets, do you?" I almost punched her. :)
I cannot wait!
Old 01-21-2012, 10:02 AM   #9
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by drakus View Post
Am I the only one going to this show...
Still cant believe TOOL will play 2 min from where I live. This will be my second tool show. Loving the set list so far.
We are staying on the other side of the UCF campus. Do you know if it's safe to walk back to our motel from the Arena through the campus itself? Any insight you can give is greatly appreciated!
Old 01-21-2012, 11:38 AM   #10
On Probation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScubaTwinn View Post
Guess i fit into the "old" category too, (i am 41yrs old), but i just consider myself a fine wine. I have begun the countdown, 17 more days to go!!!!
Old 01-21-2012, 07:48 PM   #11
Level 2 - Poster

I'm jealous, these setlists will make for one hell of a first tool concert. And I wouldn't worry at all about walking through the UCF campus at night. Its well lit and there will be plenty of other foot and road traffic.

Anybody also going to the Ft Lauderdale show?
Old 01-22-2012, 07:58 AM   #12
Level 1 - Lurker

Has anyone ever been to a concert at UCF before? Im wondering how tight the security/pat downs will be
Old 01-22-2012, 03:22 PM   #13
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Station52 View Post
I'm jealous, these setlists will make for one hell of a first tool concert. And I wouldn't worry at all about walking through the UCF campus at night. Its well lit and there will be plenty of other foot and road traffic.

Thank you for the info!
Old 01-22-2012, 04:45 PM   #14
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
I am planing to do the trip. Got lucky with a good floor seat at stubhub.
Old 01-22-2012, 07:44 PM   #15
Level 2 - Poster

Any locals know of hotels close to the UCF Arena? Looking at flying down to Orlando for the night (work for the airlines so sweet travel beanies). Any recommendations on hotels and transportation to/from the airport to the UCF arena would be appreciated
Old 01-23-2012, 08:00 AM   #16
my head's like a kite!

Bincount™: 668

Excited for my 8th Tool concert! Bringing my little sister to her first real concert. She has only seen Ricky Martin when she was a kid... bwahahaha her head is going to explode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stp84 View Post
Any locals know of hotels close to the UCF Arena? Looking at flying down to Orlando for the night (work for the airlines so sweet travel beanies). Any recommendations on hotels and transportation to/from the airport to the UCF arena would be appreciated
UCF is on the corner of Alafaya Trail and University Blvd. There are a lot of hotels around that cross section and down Alafaya. I live here so I haven't stayed at any of them but La Quinta and Hampton Inn both seem pretty decent and are within walking distance. Most of the student housing is right around there so you have plenty of people around that walk because parking is a bitch. Hope that was somewhat helpful. See you at the show!
Old 01-23-2012, 04:01 PM   #17
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by stp84 View Post
I have stayed at the Holiday Inn in University Blvd and it is perfectly located. I highly recommend using Priceline's name your own price for the best deal.
Old 01-23-2012, 05:25 PM   #18
Level 1 - Lurker

this will be my first show and i cant find any tix to the show. i refuse to support the scalpers and brokers. anybody know of a couple extra tix floating around?
Old 01-23-2012, 05:35 PM   #19
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 1

I've been trying to grab tickets from Ticketmaster since the hour they went on sale, and I've been checking back almost daily with no luck. I need three tickets, is there a better avenue than Ticketmaster to get them through? Can they still be bought at the box office? Or if anyone has some that can help, please let me know via PM.

Last edited by Skunk; 01-23-2012 at 05:38 PM..
Old 01-23-2012, 05:59 PM   #20
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skunk View Post
I've been trying to grab tickets from Ticketmaster since the hour they went on sale, and I've been checking back almost daily with no luck. I need three tickets, is there a better avenue than Ticketmaster to get them through? Can they still be bought at the box office? Or if anyone has some that can help, please let me know via PM.
Stubhub would be your best bet. The closer we get to the event date allot of tickets go lower in price.
Old 01-25-2012, 06:12 PM   #21
On Probation

Anybody from citrus county going to the show?
Going by myself, which is fine by me, but would like to see if anyone is having
any pre-show festivities or if anyone knows of a good place to hang out and chat before/after the show. thx
Old 01-26-2012, 11:12 AM   #22
Level 4 - Thinker

I have an extra ticket available for the show. It is in Lower 118 Row N. Single Ticket. Asking face value, which is $81.00...hard ticket, not a print out. text me Tom 813-310-1370
Old 01-26-2012, 01:40 PM   #23
Level 1 - Lurker

Coming from Sarasota. Can't wait.
Old 01-26-2012, 03:33 PM   #24
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixpastsix View Post
I have an extra ticket available for the show. It is in Lower 118 Row N. Single Ticket. Asking face value, which is $81.00...hard ticket, not a print out. text me Tom 813-310-1370
Sold. I may have an additonal one, in a better section, 102 Rown N as well for the same face value price. Still waiting on a brother to confirm they are coming but it is not looking promosing. Message if you are intrested.
Old 01-27-2012, 10:44 AM   #25
On Probation

Has anyone noticed that when they do two shows in the same state i.e.: the two Texas shows (yes i know it was at the same location) and the two Ontario shows....that that is when they change up the set list (switching out ticks and leeches/pot for sober/parabola). They are doing two shows in New Jersey, so I am anxious to see if they follow suit. If so, i wonder what set list Orlando will get being that they are doing another show in Florida. Does anything i'm saying make sense to anyone, or am i just making sense to myself (as usual)...ha ha.....anyway, any thoughts???
Old 01-27-2012, 12:08 PM   #26
my head's like a kite!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb46n2 View Post
Has anyone noticed that when they do two shows in the same state i.e.: the two Texas shows (yes i know it was at the same location) and the two Ontario shows....that that is when they change up the set list (switching out ticks and leeches/pot for sober/parabola). They are doing two shows in New Jersey, so I am anxious to see if they follow suit. If so, i wonder what set list Orlando will get being that they are doing another show in Florida. Does anything i'm saying make sense to anyone, or am i just making sense to myself (as usual)...ha ha.....anyway, any thoughts???
I noticed the same trend. Went back to look at the other 2 Tuesday shows (1/17 & 1/24) to see what they did and both times they played Ticks & Leeches on Tuesday, soooooo using my spidey senses I am guessing that's what we will get. I was hoping for sober/parabola but whatevs, the show is going to be kick ass either way. I'll be enjoying it from Section 113. See you there!
Old 01-27-2012, 01:43 PM   #27
On Probation

Quote:
Originally Posted by katelyn View Post
I noticed the same trend. Went back to look at the other 2 Tuesday shows (1/17 & 1/24) to see what they did and both times they played Ticks & Leeches on Tuesday, soooooo using my spidey senses I am guessing that's what we will get. I was hoping for sober/parabola but whatevs, the show is going to be kick ass either way. I'll be enjoying it from Section 113. See you there!

I did not notice the Tuesday trend, good eye. I too would prefer sober/parabola, but getting ticks and leeches will be a rare treat, because it's my understanding they didn't do the song live (until now). Maynard has said the reason being, he can't hit a high for three days after singing ticks and leeches.
I will be in section 107 so we are like directly across from each other, hope its a good view. Maybe we'll catch up with each other at the show. :)
Old 01-28-2012, 07:25 PM   #28
Level 1 - Lurker

I'm hoping they don't rob us of a song since they're playing Ft. Lauderdale the night before. Either way I'm psyched.
Old 01-29-2012, 10:45 AM   #29
On Probation

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomehedge View Post
I'm hoping they don't rob us of a song since they're playing Ft. Lauderdale the night before. Either way I'm psyched.
Yea, i know what you mean.....but even if we get the short setlist, it is still one awesome list!!!
counting the days :)!!!!!!
Old 01-31-2012, 12:23 PM   #30
my head's like a kite!

Quote:
I will be in section 107 so we are like directly across from each other, hope its a good view. Maybe we'll catch up with each other at the show. :)
I always sit in 107 row d because it's Maynard & Adam's side but I thought I'd try it from a different angle this time. You are so close on the side you are eye level with the band, it's a very cool experience.

I'll be the blonde who pissed herself with excitement ;)

Woohoo one week to go!!!!

Last edited by katelyn; 01-31-2012 at 12:25 PM.. Reason: can't type
Old 01-31-2012, 04:15 PM   #31
On Probation

Quote:
Originally Posted by katelyn View Post
I always sit in 107 row d because it's Maynard & Adam's side but I thought I'd try it from a different angle this time. You are so close on the side you are eye level with the band, it's a very cool experience.

I'll be the blonde who pissed herself with excitement ;)

Woohoo one week to go!!!!
Thats so awesome, i am in 107 V (a little higher up than i wanted), but i am sure it will still be an awesome experience.

And here I thought I would be the only blonde pissing herself!!
I told my husband that if i make onto the tour bus I won't be coming home....EVER!!! lol
Old 02-01-2012, 10:48 AM   #32
greetings from planet x

Bincount™: 1062

edited

Last edited by new millenium cyanide christ; 02-01-2012 at 10:55 AM..
Old 02-03-2012, 12:33 PM   #33
Level 1 - Lurker

I have 2 extra tickets Sec 102
Old 02-03-2012, 07:12 PM   #34
On Probation

I POSTED THE FOLLOWING ON THE LIVE DISCUSSION GENERAL TOUR INFO:

I have been reading all the tour reviews and i must say i can't believe some of the negative comments about the shows. People whining "Maynard didn't even speak, left right after the encore, he didn't thank us for coming, he wasn't into the show, blah, blah, blah" Let me just ask some of you - "when you bought your ticket, you did know tool was the band right?" ....i mean if you are a true fan you know how Maynard is on stage, you know what kind of show to expect. Maynard has said several times that he stays off to the back of the stage because the show is not about him, its about the music!

Maybe some of these supposed tool fans should stick with going to see shinedown or buck cherry so they can feel some love from the band and get some self-gradification! Honestly, i THANK TOOL for actually making music that is thought provoking and technically superior to ANYTHING out there these days. If the way tool performs is not your idea of a great show, you know what then, don't buy a ticket next time, k?

END

****I HOPE AFTER OUR ORLANDO SHOW, THAT OUR THREAD ISN'T FULL OF COMPLAINERS**** LETS SHOW THEM WHERE THE TRUE TOOL FANS ARE DAMN IT!

(sorry for being so blunt, i just got fired up after reading all the negative posts, i'm really a peaceful person, honestly.) HA HA HA HA HA lol
FOUR MORE DAYS!!!!
Old 02-03-2012, 07:30 PM   #35
Level 2 - Poster

Yeah I agree. I am not there to be entertained by gimmicks. I am there for the music, which I am sure will be played flawlessly. They are touring for us, I doubt they get as much enjoyment out of these shows as we do. We should just be happy they are still together after so long and finally coming back to Florida with an amazing setlist!
Old 02-03-2012, 07:32 PM   #36
On Probation

Quote:
Yeah I agree. I am not there to be entertained by gimmicks. I am there for the music, which I am sure will be played flawlessly. They are touring for us, I doubt they get as much enjoyment out of these shows as we do. We should just be happy they are still together after so long and finally coming back to Florida with an amazing setlist!

AMEN!
Old 02-05-2012, 05:17 AM   #37
Level 1 - Lurker

Hey guys. I've actually got an extra floor ticket (front/center row, but towards the back of the section) that I'm willing to give away to a fan. If you're interested, just send me a PM as to why I should take you.
Old 02-05-2012, 07:04 AM   #38
On Probation

They have done Sober the last three shows, hopefully Maynard is just resting his voice and we will get Ticks and Leeches. Two more days!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-05-2012, 12:14 PM   #39
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
I POSTED THE FOLLOWING ON THE LIVE DISCUSSION GENERAL TOUR INFO:

I have been reading all the tour reviews and i must say i can't believe some of the negative comments about the shows. "when you bought your ticket, you did know tool was the band right?" ....i mean if you are a true fan you know how Maynard is on stage, you know what kind of show to expect. Maynard has said several times that he stays off to the back of the stage because the show is not about him, its about the music!

i THANK TOOL for actually making music that is thought provoking and technically superior to ANYTHING out there these days. If the way tool performs is not your idea of a great show, you know what then, don't buy a ticket next time, k?

END

****I HOPE AFTER OUR ORLANDO SHOW, THAT OUR THREAD ISN'T FULL OF COMPLAINERS**** LETS SHOW THEM WHERE THE TRUE TOOL FANS ARE DAMN IT!

(sorry for being so blunt, i just got fired up after reading all the negative posts, i'm really a peaceful person, honestly.) HA HA HA HA HA lol
FOUR MORE DAYS!!!!
Respectfully snipped for space. I totally agree with you - it's all about the music. This is my first tool concert and I cannot wait. Forty Six & 2 came on the radio today in the car - Mr. ScubaTwinn -this is who we see Tuesday night. After listening, he said "Wow, that is so totally different from anything else we usually hear." He loved it and now I'm more excited because he's going to enjoy it too instead of just putting up with me and my band! They're music is the best and I want to ENJOY IT.
Old 02-06-2012, 05:54 AM   #40
Level 3 - Talker

Orlanda?
Orlando, FL February 7 2012

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: